20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg
20240326_221810 (resized).jpg
Stranger Things Targets (resized).jpg
IMG_3169 (resized).jpeg
chamber (resized).jpg
StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 445.
#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.
(In reference to the two pages of UV debate)

Welcome!

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Unboxed LE number 234 tonight.
1/31/2020 born on date on back.
Love Love Love it!!!
A few highlights:
Ball coming down left side goes directly to left flipper and not to slings. My game is at 6.8 pitch. Demogorgon is great, in my opinion. You can hit him or hit a perfect shot and blow that sucker up.
Lock on left ramp worked 90% of the time and only missed locking once out of many many games. Yep, one decal fell off the targets already. Who cares. Man I think this game is going to be out of this world with code and more call outs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome pictures -- the game looks so cool.

#1653 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the mounting points and plastics are all the same.

I converted my plastic pro to metal from pinball life.
Had to add the two small front plate brackets.
I'm wondering if I do get the kit which one now?

Also just got home and fitted some more custom mods up.
Magnetic apron cover and backboard decal , Eleven plastic and Demo busting out of wall. Need to work on lighting options next.

att=5470346,1889229 caption=""]20200214_180253 (resized).jpg20200214_180253 (resized).jpg20200214_180533 (resized).jpg20200214_180533 (resized).jpg20200214_180539 (resized).jpg20200214_180539 (resized).jpg

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I converted my plastic pro to metal from pinball life.
Had to add the two small front plate brackets.
I'm wondering if I do get the kit which one now?
Also just got home and fitted some more custom mods up.
Magnetic apron cover and backboard decal , Eleven plastic and Demo busting out of wall. Need to work on lighting options next.
https://youtube/epDcx0qI918
att=5470346,1889229 caption=""][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You might be interested in the pinstadium version of this lighting. I’m hoping to see what he has cooked up this weekend.

#1655 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

My Speaker Light Kits are $45 - $85 depending on what type you get. I would surely think you could mention some other, more expensive, mods when trying to rationalize this money being spent. Come on man! ....or are you saying you wouldn't mind paying more for lighted speakers??? Hmmmmmmm...
PS: On a serious note. It looks interesting and it seems they defiantly could have cheaped out on this much more than they did. The replacement plastics and apron along with the UV lighting gives better "total package" feel than just offering the light strips. I look forward to seeing it in action in a well atmosphered gameroom.

Doug, LOL, sorry fair challenge! your speaker kits are fantastic and excellent value compared to many mods out there. I apologise fully.

Neil.

#1656 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You might be interested in the pinstadium version of this lighting. I’m hoping to see what he has cooked up this weekend.

I bet it’ll cost like $200

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I bet it’ll cost like $200

Wanna bet?

#1658 4 years ago

I'll bet it doesn't include the apron, the extra plastics, and the metal mounting brackets that are made for the ramps.

#1659 4 years ago

Hopper lives!

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hopper lives!

The faceless men have captured him, Jaqen H’gar has a gun!

#1661 4 years ago

When is the 4th season coming out?

#1662 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

When is the 4th season coming out?

Their normal release schedule is around end of october/beginning of november

#1663 4 years ago

Well... now I'm not so sure. Dammit Chuck :p

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'll bet it doesn't include the apron, the extra plastics, and the metal mounting brackets that are made for the ramps.

You’re right!

#1665 4 years ago

So my 2 big issues:
1. The orbits. As many have stated the ball release on the left orbit does not come down smoothly and almost always hits the left sling which is annoying as can be. i haven't really seen a solid solution other than trying to physically bend orbit lanes which I have done before on other games and it is a hit or miss move that sometimes can make things worse and not be un-doable after, so trying to avoid that. Even the right orbit seems to be less than reliable coming out of the pops.
2. I CANNOT keep my projector to maintain focus. It seems that little heel to adjust it keeps moving itself or something. I'll get in there get it focused and within 5 or some games it is out of focus again. It seems to be moving or adjusting as I play the game. No idea how I could make this stop. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution? On top of it they constantly are changing alignment too and having to realign them every now and then. Almost seems like the projector is moving some. Everything seems tight as can be on the mounts.

2 pretty frustrating issues that I just can't seem to find a good resolution to.

#1666 4 years ago

As far as the left orbit feeding out to the sling.. I have that as well, but I've grown accustomed to it and can time that sling to backhand the right ramp off the right flipper (leftsling->right flipper->backhand to right ramp) .. at least until I get some time to adjust pitch, etc etc..

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

2. I CANNOT keep my projector to maintain focus. It seems that little heel to adjust it keeps moving itself or something. I'll get in there get it focused and within 5 or some games it is out of focus again. It seems to be moving or adjusting as I play the game. No idea how I could make this stop. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?

I ended up taking the door off the focus wheel and it’s been fine. Every time I tried to put that door back on it would adjust the focus a bit.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So my 2 big issues:
1. The orbits. As many have stated the ball release on the left orbit does not come down smoothly and almost always hits the left sling which is annoying as can be. i haven't really seen a solid solution other than trying to physically bend orbit lanes which I have done before on other games and it is a hit or miss move that sometimes can make things worse and not be un-doable after, so trying to avoid that. Even the right orbit seems to be less than reliable coming out of the pops.
2. I CANNOT keep my projector to maintain focus. It seems that little heel to adjust it keeps moving itself or something. I'll get in there get it focused and within 5 or some games it is out of focus again. It seems to be moving or adjusting as I play the game. No idea how I could make this stop. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution? On top of it they constantly are changing alignment too and having to realign them every now and then. Almost seems like the projector is moving some. Everything seems tight as can be on the mounts.
2 pretty frustrating issues that I just can't seem to find a good resolution to.

That would frustrate me, too. Especially the release on the left side hitting the slings versus coming down to the left flipper.
Mine has a born date of 1/31/2020 and it also seems like the releasing mechanism on the left under the left ramp releases the ball really slowly. I presume you’ve adjusted the strength level of that release? Don’t know if that would help or not. Good luck and I hope you get it locked in.

#1669 4 years ago

That’s a good point too. Watch closely when that ball releases from that post. Mines pretty crisp so I think it helps speed up the ball coming down the guide to help keep it away from the sling.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I ended up taking the door off the focus wheel and it’s been fine. Every time I tried to put that door back on it would adjust the focus a bit.

Good point, maybe that door/cushion thing keeps adjusting it, always a pain getting it right initially but maybe leaving it off will help.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a good point too. Watch closely when that ball releases from that post. Mines pretty crisp so I think it helps speed up the ball coming down the guide to help keep it away from the sling

I'll try and see, did you adjust any settings related to it to make that happen?

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good point, maybe that door/cushion thing keeps adjusting it, always a pain getting it right initially but maybe leaving it off will help.

I'll try and see, did you adjust any settings related to it to make that happen?

Nope. My orbit feeds have been money from day one actually.

Also with me taking the door off the focus wheel of the projector I just noticed it’s out of adjustment again. Haha. Dammit. I’ll have to mess with it some more and report back.

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So my 2 big issues:

I only had issue #2. I put some tape on the focusing wheel to hold it in place and this fixed it.

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I only had issue #2. I put some tape on the focusing wheel to hold it in place and this fixed it.

That was what I was thinking of trying next especially since chuckwurt above is now saying leaving the door off might not help

#1674 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

A dab of hot glue works too

#1675 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don't agree with the way Stern have marketed the UV stuff.

But, I would rather pay Stern for all the kit needed to go with the game, that has been made specifically for the game, than expensive pinstadiums!

This hobby is just bonkers

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I don't agree with the way Stern have marketed the UV stuff.
But, I would rather pay Stern for all the kit needed to go with the game, that has been made specifically for the game, than expensive pinstadiums!
This hobby is just bonkers

What if the pinstadium option is half the price? I’m getting the stern kit, but options are good.

#1677 4 years ago

Finally feel like I’m getting my pro model dialed in. Got the correct pitch dialed in, hated it at first, because it plays so much faster now. But it seems like I’m getting used to it. Slowing down for me a little. And I hooked back up some of my mods that I had disconnected. Now that my ramp issue was figured out NOT to have been caused by any mods. I hooked back up my speaker light kit from Doug, and it’s just fantastic. Was checking out all the different modes. This one is one of my favorites. Let me know what you all think.

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What if the pinstadium option is half the price? I’m getting the stern kit, but options are good.

Well, it isn't factory, isn't covered by Stern warranty if it does anything to game, and won't have plastics or apron.

I just can't see why anyone would go with this option?

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it isn't factory, isn't covered by Stern warranty if it does anything to game, and won't have plastics or apron.
I just can't see why anyone would go with this option?

Not sure. But different strokes for different folks. LOTS of people have complained about the price of this kit. So if they are presented with another way cheaper option they may be interested. I’ll be able to experience both so I’ll make sure and report my findings so people can decide for themselves.

#1680 4 years ago

I don’t like how you can see those leds along the ramps. It’s not clear to me exactly when the uv lights activate, is it just during upside down mode? It’s hard to duplicate that with a second hand mod because there is nothing on the playfield that lights when you are in upside down mode, just seems like the gi changes color to purple/pink. If you can tap into that gi color, I think you could duplicate it, but you’d be messing with the node boards. Stern is supplying a node board, and I’d bet it does more than just provide power, might have proprietary code on it like other node boards, but I’m not really sure. Seems like a cool mod, notwithstanding all the other issues surrounding it that people are discussing.

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

even at half the price, the pinstadium option wouldn't include a new apron (with additional lighting), the (8) new UV inked plastics and the 2 controller boards to tie into [code driven] lighting effects

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

even at half the price, the pinstadium option wouldn't include a new apron (with additional lighting), the (8) new UV inked plastics and the 2 controller boards to tie into [code driven] lighting effects

You can probably put LED lights on the existing apron. The pinstadium option apparently will be interactive and work based on code, as the actual code is tied to an existing board already on the pin - the new board doesn't actually have any code.

So basically all you'd be missing is the plastics. If pinstadium comes up with a cheaper option for the UV coverage say in the $100 range that is code integrated, I'd be a buyer. I'll skip the plastics and also stern can go get bent.

#1683 4 years ago

I think you'd have to be nuts other than go for the stern option.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.

It's still fun to bitch in the other thread. It's a love/hate relationship for me at the moment.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t like how you can see those leds along the ramps. It’s not clear to me exactly when the uv lights activate, is it just during upside down mode?

Inside down hurry ups (on the whole time)
Demo modes (flasher effects)
All the show modes that are in the upside down have these always on.

That’s it I think.

As others have mentioned the up controls are on mode board 9. Tap into that for DIY stuff.

#1686 4 years ago

Picked my LE up today built 2-7-2020

2F48D78E-CD21-4D28-877C-DE8E9C73AF41 (resized).jpeg2F48D78E-CD21-4D28-877C-DE8E9C73AF41 (resized).jpeg4A67EBD2-EEE6-4CCD-A3E0-78B4C54BCBA7 (resized).jpeg4A67EBD2-EEE6-4CCD-A3E0-78B4C54BCBA7 (resized).jpeg84626331-E659-4667-AC0E-285E33DFA41C (resized).jpeg84626331-E659-4667-AC0E-285E33DFA41C (resized).jpeg85704E59-04CC-4BF2-8721-C0C4D21F5C5E (resized).jpeg85704E59-04CC-4BF2-8721-C0C4D21F5C5E (resized).jpeg
#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built 2-7-2020[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Congrats man and have fun!

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Picked my LE up today built 2-7-2020[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The last game to come off the line on a late Friday afternoon....good luck with that one.

#1689 4 years ago

My left outlane is very finicky as well. Having owned the Pro for a month and a half now and moved the pinball machine a few times when I started the ball would bounce off the E target (which juts out a bit) and drain SDTM. Now with the pitch turned up I'm hitting the left sling (better than drains I suppose). I do need to get a proper level that can measure the pitch of the machine and stop going by the bubble. I suspect that and perhaps waxing on the playfield (I haven't yet applied anything to the PF) may play a role in how fast and clean the ball comes out of the outlane.

#1690 4 years ago

So to reach back out about the projector. Since putting the door back over the focus wheel tends to move it a bit, adjust the wheel so the picture is a tad blurry so that when the door is put back on it adjusts it slightly and makes the picture crisp. Took me a couple tries and I got it. The door keeps the wheel in place so once you get it, should be good to go.

#1691 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So to reach back out about the projector. Since putting the door back over the focus wheel tends to move it a bit, adjust the wheel so the picture is a tad blurry so that when the door is put back on it adjusts it slightly and makes the picture crisp. Took me a couple tries and I got it. The door keeps the wheel in place so once you get it, should be good to go.

I had the opposite effect unfortunately. I have twice gone in to focus it, got the cover plate back on without losing that focus then I would say within 10 games it was out of focus again.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I had the opposite effect unfortunately. I have twice gone in to focus it, got the cover plate back on without losing that focus then I would say within 10 games it was out of focus again.

Did you mess with it shortly after the game turned on? Apparently it needs to warm up. So let it sit for 10 mins after it’s on, adjust, then see if that improves things. Been playing for a couple hours and it’s still okay.

#1693 4 years ago

How can I post a pdf here?

#1694 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How can I post a pdf here?

Just select the option for image BEFORE inserting the PDF.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1695 4 years ago

Just got my Walkie Talkie mod from @mr_tantrum. Looks great! And it didn’t cost $280!!

B5447167-021A-4ED1-B123-6246E662D1D8 (resized).jpegB5447167-021A-4ED1-B123-6246E662D1D8 (resized).jpegE2952987-EDB2-434D-AE6F-07B17C2D5258 (resized).jpegE2952987-EDB2-434D-AE6F-07B17C2D5258 (resized).jpeg
#1696 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Just got my Walkie Talkie mod from mr_tantrum. Looks great! And it didn’t cost $280!![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great, thanks for posting. For those interested: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/91599

#1697 4 years ago

Holy crap all these pics look awesome!!!

I'm tired of not be able to join in the fun yet.

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

The last game to come off the line on a late Friday afternoon....good luck with that one.

It is playing really nice. No problem after 20 games. Projector is a little low.

#1699 4 years ago

It’s certainly not an easy game by any means, which makes me like it even more.
I finally got over 100 Million.
I haven’t adjusted anything yet.
Out lanes still set all the way up, which I plan on moving down tomorrow.

CA0ABC0C-E9C4-4A84-9C8D-B781745CC373 (resized).jpegCA0ABC0C-E9C4-4A84-9C8D-B781745CC373 (resized).jpeg
#1700 4 years ago

Looks like cointaker already has a kit for $99 for uv lights

https://www.facebook.com/1424059967908255/posts/2468384333475808/

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
Machine - For Sale
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,210 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/34?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.