IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 448.
#17301 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I assume that LED is driven by a nearby node board which is letting too much voltage leak through in the off state. Adding some extra resistance in series with the LED should correct the issue, such as 100ohm resistor added to the wire going to that specific LED.
There are some spike2 node board discussion and repair threads, you could ask there for a second opinion and more details.
(the Morse Code on my premium is normal)

I wonder if this issue was addressed in a node board firmware update. For you guys who are seeing this issue, are you running the latest code?

#17302 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I wonder if this issue was addressed in a node board firmware update. For you guys who are seeing this issue, are you running the latest code?

Negative. I'm on 1.05 cleland code.

#17303 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Negative. I'm on 1.05 cleland code.

Pop in a fresh SD card with 1.07 on it and see if the problem goes away.

#17304 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I think you misunderstood my issue. The insert is ALWAYS lit regardless of game state (just dimly).

Ahhhhh I see, my mistake, cheers...

#17305 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Would that prevent me from switching back to 1.05 later? I've swapped back and fourth between SD cards before, but never when it affected the node firmware.

#17306 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Would that prevent me from switching back to 1.05 later? I've swapped back and fourth between SD cards before, but never when it affected the node firmware.

No, I’ve done it before. It will upgrade/downgrade the node firmware as needed.
I tried cleland’s code for a while. I know plenty of people seem to like it, but it just wasn’t for me.

#17307 1 year ago

I created a kit to help properly setup the TK lock mechanism for Premium and LE owner.

Stern's instructions have you simply loosen the mount through the backboard to adjust the ramp spacing to the backboard which allows the ramp to move as the ball travels through - creating inconsistent results. This kit includes various thickness spacers to properly space the ramp away from the backboard while allowing it to be securely mounted to provide more consistent performance. As others have posted, this is a CRITCAL measurement. If you don't have this set correctly, you will never get your TK Lock to work properly and will get rejects at the TK Lock Guide Rod.

It also includes a measuring tool that you can use to set the TK Lock Guide Rod spacing. Stern has some very specific spacing requirements that are almost impossible to measure with one person using a ruler. This gauge allows simple - one person measurements.

Instructions included that compliment Stern's instructions that chuckwurt posted here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07986-stern-stranger-things-tk-lock-adjustment-kit
IMG_8692 (resized).jpgIMG_8692 (resized).jpgIMG_8390 (resized).jpgIMG_8390 (resized).jpgIMG_8394 (resized).jpgIMG_8394 (resized).jpgIMG_8396 (resized).jpgIMG_8396 (resized).jpg

#17308 1 year ago

I placed an order. Next time my TK starts acting up, I will give it a go.

#17309 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I created a kit to help properly setup the TK lock mechanism for Premium and LE owner.
Stern's instructions have you simply loosen the mount through the backboard to adjust the ramp spacing to the backboard which allows the ramp to move as the ball travels through - creating inconsistent results. This kit includes various thickness spacers to properly space the ramp away from the backboard while allowing it to be securely mounted to provide more consistent performance. As others have posted, this is a CRITCAL measurement. If you don't have this set correctly, you will never get your TK Lock to work properly and will get rejects at the TK Lock Guide Rod.
It also includes a measuring tool that you can use to set the TK Lock Guide Rod spacing. Stern has some very specific spacing requirements that are almost impossible to measure with one person using a ruler. This gauge allows simple - one person measurements.
Instructions included that compliment Stern's instructions that chuckwurt posted here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07986-stern-stranger-things-tk-lock-adjustment-kit
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Kinda like a no-brainer - even if your TK lock is working perfectly. I placed an order... and I am a no-brain kinda guy!

#17310 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Kinda like a no-brainer - even if your TK lock is working perfectly. I placed an order... and I am a no-brain kinda guy!

No brainer is what we were going for! We aren’t going to get rich off this item but it is a good way to share some parts, tools and learnings that helped dial in my game.

#17311 1 year ago

Just picked up a Pro and replaced the Mylar for the center ramp. I doubled up the Mylar just to be safe. After only a few games it’s cutting into the Mylar. Any advise? Tried searching the forum but came up empty. Seems the motor is shutting off when it hits.

#17312 1 year ago

Free Play Pinball Podcast ep 21 (09 March) - about 80 minutes in, George Gomez says Stern will likely produce more Stranger Things, timeframe unknown.

"I think the good news is... You're probably going to see them again from us... I don't know when, but... I think we might make some more." -George Gomez

#17313 1 year ago

Wow! First actual change in tune from them. Doesn’t sound like the typical, “ya never know!” Stuff.

#17314 1 year ago

Another one for the “as info” files: I did complete the S1 wizard mode today with no crash. Had previously crashed on mine so I’ve been draining when reaching the last demog shot, but today wasn’t close on Demodog or Demog modes so figured what the hell, drain it.

I figure it’s likely there was a ball hung up behind the drops as that seems to crash other modes that drain the balls before launching a new ball for the player.

#17315 1 year ago

I would be happy be proven wrong about another run of ST. It's a great game

#17316 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Brand new code and SD card did not fix the dimly lit Morse code insert

#17317 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Had the same issue on my TMNT(ball save light was always on but dim)and it was a node board failure.

#17318 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Had the same issue on my TMNT(ball save light was always on but dim)and it was a node board failure.

Bummer, I don’t love the whole node board architecture.

#17319 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Bummer, I don’t love the whole node board architecture.

... And is it true that Stern keeps sunsetting various node boards? Part of me wants to get a backup set, but that gets expensive in a hurry.

#17320 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

It sounds like a board problem. The Morse Code LED is on a small 3 LED board - 520-7011-00. Fortunately STh has 2 of those boards in the game. I'd start swapping those 2 boards and see if the problem follows. Also check/reseat connector CN2 on board 8B - 520-8433-00.

#17321 1 year ago
Quoted from TeeJayN:

It sounds like a board problem. The Morse Code LED is on a small 3 LED board - 520-7011-00. Fortunately STh has 2 of those boards in the game. I'd start swapping those 2 boards and see if the problem follows. Also check/reseat connector CN2 on board 8B - 520-8433-00.

I've done all of the above. Stern tech support believes 520-8433-00 has failed. I've reached out to my distro to order one, fingers crossed its not too pricey. If it is, well then I may pull the board and take a closer look.

#17322 1 year ago

Hey all, I've run into a couple issues with the Premium that maybe some of you might know how to fix. It seems the magnetic ball lock on the back left side rarely ever gets the balls to stick to the wall. Anyone know of a way to fix it so that it will stick every time? The other issue is on the same ramp where it hits the magnetic ball lock post and the post basically stays up blocking the ball until I hit the flippers a few times.

#17323 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Hey all, I've run into a couple issues with the Premium that maybe some of you might know how to fix. It seems the magnetic ball lock on the back left side rarely ever gets the balls to stick to the wall. Anyone know of a way to fix it so that it will stick every time? The other issue is on the same ramp where it hits the magnetic ball lock post and the post basically stays up blocking the ball until I hit the flippers a few times.

The main page of this forum has carefully laid out steps to follow to solve that issue in some pinned posts. Just look for the TK Lock pinned posts titles and you should be golden!

#17325 1 year ago

I wonder if they will make any Premiums or just Pro's? GG mentions it being a top earner on location... so maybe it is just Pros?

#17326 1 year ago

I wouldn't be shocked if they made an elvira 40th type of play to help justify the build complexity of the prem

#17327 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Just go up to post #17307

This is a known problem for, I think every, Stranger Things Premium and LE. The good news is that post #17307 is selling a kit to help you fix it... for cheap. Doing it yourself (without the kit) is a un-fun job that can take hours.

#17328 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I wouldn't be shocked if they made an elvira 40th type of play to help justify the build complexity of the prem

I bet we have a winner! They may launch it to coincide with the ending of the show. Maybe throw a $20K price on it and give it some exclusive code.

#17329 1 year ago

I think George said probably. Seems strange that Stern would make these when they can’t keep up with games that are still in production. Maybe with the new building they expect lots of extra capacity. Stranger Things have happened. :p

#17330 1 year ago

that article title is extremely misleading do better knapp arcade

"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

that is in no way confirmation of anything

#17331 1 year ago

If they really want to re run the game for the love of all that is good please replace the mystery up post coil with a VUK to the ramp.

#17332 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

"The good news is, you're probably going to see them again from us. I don't know when, but I think that we might make some more."

Agreed (hence: "Rumors Abound!!!")

#17333 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I think George said probably. Seems strange that Stern would make these when they can’t keep up with games that are still in production. Maybe with the new building they expect lots of extra capacity. Stranger Things have happened. :p

Less surprising as an SLE…

#17334 1 year ago

I don't think so. Stern likes to keep their cards close to their chest when it comes to upcoming games, and this is the 2nd time George has alluded to a Stranger Things re-run in an interview, and also the Stern social media page mentioned recently with a criptic message that we will see Eleven soon again. I dislike that this hobby is about investments and everyone covering their eyes and ears on this news are doing so because they believe the value of their ST Prem or Pro will fall, hence the recent posts of SLE Stranger Things just to make themselves feel secure about their "investment". Just be happy more people can enjoy this pin in the future.

#17335 1 year ago

the article is covering an old interview, you realize, right? this isn't new, and he hasn't said anything about it twice, but hope springs eternal I suppose

#17336 1 year ago
Quoted from Flipper_Ripper:

I don't think so. Stern likes to keep their cards close to their chest when it comes to upcoming games, and this is the 2nd time George has alluded to a Stranger Things re-run in an interview, and also the Stern social media page mentioned recently with a criptic message that we will see Eleven soon again. I dislike that this hobby is about investments and everyone covering their eyes and ears on this news are doing so because they believe the value of their ST Prem or Pro will fall, hence the recent posts of SLE Stranger Things just to make themselves feel secure about their "investment". Just be happy more people can enjoy this pin in the future.

Not sure if you meant my SLE comment but I don’t own a STh at the moment. I’ve had a pro, wouldn’t mind a prem or LE but they are pretty expensive so I figured since Stern seems to be doing yearly SLE’s lately it would be a good candidate. Just wild speculation with no ulterior motives

#17337 1 year ago

Stern tested the waters with the EHOH price increase, and liked what they saw. It's going to be painful to see what they charge for ST premium.

#17338 1 year ago

the article is covering an old interview, you realize, right? this isn't new, and he hasn't said anything about it twice, but hope springs eternal I suppose

He said the "probably" "maybe" quote on this weeks 'free play pinball podcast' interview. Months ago, he said "if we did" we would need to revisit the TK lock mech.

Gary used to be the salesman bullshitter, now George is picking up the torch, so who knows. Everyone that interviews him asks about STh vault which brings listens to their podcast and George feeds the fire so all the Pinsiders will keep listening to him talk for 90min about the latest game on the line in case there is any mention of an STh vault.

There is a whole thread dedicated to the speculation if you're interested.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming

#17339 1 year ago

With Stern's new factory coming online later this year they will have more than enough lines to rerun past pins like ST and keep up with demand.

https://www.costar.com/article/1684457330/worlds-biggest-pinball-machine-maker-expands-after-bump-in-demand

#17340 1 year ago

The same people that freak out if Stern does something like posts a picture of Millie Bobby Brown on her birthday are probably hard at work on a Shazam Stern hype thread right now

BBE5200E-B171-41D8-B756-96587BD7ED18 (resized).jpegBBE5200E-B171-41D8-B756-96587BD7ED18 (resized).jpeg
#17341 1 year ago

Quoted from blizz81:The same people that freak out if Stern does something like posts a picture of Millie Bobby Brown on her birthday are probably hard at work on a Shazam Stern hype thread right now
[quoted image]

#17342 1 year ago

Havent played in over a month due to surgeries and sickness, but first game stepping back in it I GC'd. Getting ever closer to Send it back and Light the fire(?)!

PXL_20230316_041300585 (resized).jpgPXL_20230316_041300585 (resized).jpg
#17343 1 year ago

That would be a great pin!

Quoted from blizz81:The same people that freak out if Stern does something like posts a picture of Millie Bobby Brown on her birthday are probably hard at work on a Shazam Stern hype thread right now
[quoted image]

#17344 1 year ago

Had a problem on my STh last night. During multiball, 4 balls were sent behind the demogorgan area and were stuck behind the uppost. It would pulse but not long enough to let a ball out.

Any suggestions?

#17345 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Had a problem on my STh last night. During multiball, 4 balls were sent behind the demogorgan area and were stuck behind the uppost. It would pulse but not long enough to let a ball out.
Any suggestions?

mylar over the opto sensor notch in the ball guide

#17346 1 year ago

mylar over the opto sensor notch in the ball guide

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. I need to replace the wire on the gate in that area anyway.

#17347 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Thanks! I’ll give that a try. I need to replace the wire on the gate in that area anyway.

do it before it wrecks too many high scores, i blew a lot of games that way trying to shake those out. 4 balls in there means you've got a good game going, but they also sometimes unfortunately bounce in such a way that one of them will get hung up in such a way that it's caught between the post and the ball guide in that notch

in the meantime if you don't want to mylar it make sure you keep the coin door ballsave set to on, and keep a dowel close to the game to poke those balls out with

#17348 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Had a problem on my STh last night. During multiball, 4 balls were sent behind the demogorgan area and were stuck behind the uppost.

Replace the balls if they are magnetized.

I try not to turn the pin off with a ball stuck to the wall in the TK lock to prevent early magnetization. (even though it looks cool.)

#17349 1 year ago

How do you get “Send it back” and “Light the fire?”

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Havent played in over a month due to surgeries and sickness, but first game stepping back in it I GC'd. Getting ever closer to Send it back and Light the fire(?)!
[quoted image]

#17350 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

How do you get “Send it back” and “Light the fire?”

complete all the modes for season 1 and season 2

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,380 posts in this topic. You are on page 347 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/347?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.