IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 449.
#17251 1 year ago

I chose to believe! He called her Elle and Millie! It’s coming!

Quoted from reffob:

This all comes from Stern wishing Millie Bobby Brown happy birthday on their social media, and they said something like "we'll see you in 2024." The logical interpretation is that Season 5 of the show is coming 2024, but now we have people saying this means Stern is re-running Stranger Things in 2024.

#17252 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I chose to believe! He called her Elle and Millie! It’s coming!

There are countless similar social media posts from Stern about other licensors that are similar. New season for Mando, new Black Panther movie (AIQ), etc. None of it has anything to do with new titles coming.

#17253 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

There are countless similar social media posts from Stern about other licensors that are similar. New season for Mando, new Black Panther movie (AIQ), etc. None of it has anything to do with new titles coming.

We are more likely to see an entirely new game based on the next 2 seasons (Vecna has fun potential) but this particular configuration is not being re-run - too many nuances to this build

#17254 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

People like to keep their game value high so if they have a premium/LE they are more likely to say they won’t run again…. For what is worth, a respectful pinsider posted on kanedas Facebook post that the next run will be 2024.

I have a Pro and still say they're not going to run any version again. Does that make my Pro worth more now?

#17255 1 year ago

Update on STH vault gate: I reached out to a few people that I know at Stern and a reputable (and knowledgeable) distrib. I heard back from two people and there is no talk at all about a vault edition or a rerun. Also no accessories and no plans to produce more. So…really doesn’t look good for re-run…even in 2024.

#17256 1 year ago

I did hear that Stranger things Premium might/will be run again... before reading this thread.
or could be the Pro. but it does sound like it will happen... Remember Iron man?

#17257 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed. But it sure does keep people talking about Stern! The old adage, bad press is good press…at least they’re talking about you! Shoot, I bit on the “definite” LOTR Vault years ago! Lol

#17258 1 year ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

I did hear that Stranger things Premium might/will be run again... before reading this thread.
or could be the Pro. but it does sound like it will happen... Remember Iron man?

It is sort of interesting that the first pic they used of Mille on the game was specifically the TK lock area. Could've been the translite...maybe it's a hint. Fun guessing either way it goes.

#17259 1 year ago

As info, I would suggest at least two layers of mylar around the saucer edge. I did mine before game 1, now at around 850 games, and it has a very slight bit of damage that has made it thru my single layered piece of mylar.

I’d also recommend doing the unpainted wood bottom as a decent amount of clear has chipped off from there on mine.

A7B949AE-8173-40F0-8170-F1256D6F9FB0 (resized).jpegA7B949AE-8173-40F0-8170-F1256D6F9FB0 (resized).jpegFBE873A8-E971-4493-9866-0D7F7921A1D7 (resized).jpegFBE873A8-E971-4493-9866-0D7F7921A1D7 (resized).jpeg
#17260 1 year ago

After owning my Stranger Things Pro for 9 months, I finally got to Send It Back and finished that mode, and almost got to Light The Fire for the first time. So close. Beat my prior best combo champ score of 99 while I was at it. This game freaking rocks.

20230221_195844 (resized).jpg20230221_195844 (resized).jpg20230221_195847 (resized).jpg20230221_195847 (resized).jpg

#17261 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

As info, I would suggest at least two layers of mylar around the saucer edge. I did mine before game 1, now at around 850 games, and it has a very slight bit of damage that has made it thru my single layered piece of mylar.
I’d also recommend doing the unpainted wood bottom as a decent amount of clear has chipped off from there on mine.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for sharing.

#17262 1 year ago

My right flipper is sticking. I press the button and the flipper stays in the up position. I made sure the contacts were clean and if you hit the left flipper it will go down. Do you think it needs a new coil sleeve? Kinda annoying when trying to live catch or cradle.

#17263 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

My right flipper is sticking. I press the button and the flipper stays in the up position. I made sure the contacts were clean and if you hit the left flipper it will go down. Do you think it needs a new coil sleeve? Kinda annoying when trying to live catch or cradle.

When I had the same problem, Pinside told me to change the coil stop and sleeve. When that didn’t fix it, I replaced the return spring and that fixed it.

#17264 1 year ago

Have you checked if your coil stop is a shitty Stern original? Spring broken? Dirty sleeve? Cooked coil? Open the hood and take a look.

#17265 1 year ago

Replace coil stop, sleeve and if that doesn’t fix it check the plastic flipper bat bushing. Mine cracked recently and caused it to bind.

Quoted from rx2006je:

#17266 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Make sure you have some vertical play in the flipper shaft - about 1/16". Very little to no play will cause the flipper to bind.

#17267 1 year ago

Everyone covered the likely causes. In summary (and in order of easiest to check):

1) make sure there is about 1/16” (1mm) play in the flipper bat as you lift it up from the playfield. No need to measure it, just make sure there is play as you lift on the bat.
2) check for “gold dust” in bottom of the cabinet under the flipper. This is the telltale sign your stock Stern coil stops are shot. Even if there isn’t gold dust, next step is to replace the coil stop and sleeve.
3) check for other mechanical issues- weak return spring, binding pawl and linkage, worn bushing, etc

#17268 1 year ago

A pretty satisfying moment in pinball: finishing a Trap Em round by hitting the last jackpot with one ball with another ball trapped, then quickly trap on the other flipper, and hitting both supers quickly back-to-back. Didn’t make a second round of supers but still scored 500m on the mode.

#17269 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the TK lock is a really finicky mech but it is also possible to dial it in so that it works consistently, every time. it takes hours of work, though.

I tried for hours to adjust mine following both the stern pdf and advices on this thread but still can't get it to work more than 10% of the time... I noticed the shaft of the deflector coil has significant play though, i'm wondering if that could be the cause of the inconsistances

#17270 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

A pretty satisfying moment in pinball: finishing a Trap Em round by hitting the last jackpot with one ball with another ball trapped, then quickly trap on the other flipper, and hitting both supers quickly back-to-back. Didn’t make a second round of supers but still scored 500m on the mode.

Hang on - how do you score 500 million on that mode?

#17271 1 year ago
Quoted from gnjax:

I tried for hours to adjust mine following both the stern pdf and advices on this thread but still can't get it to work more than 10% of the time.

The biggest aspect of getting the TK lock working for me was wiping down the ramp, diver, and backboard with Novus1. The ball travels twice as fast after doing that, and for sure it is not going to reject. 4 months later when the ramp gets slow again, get the Novus1 out again.

#17272 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The biggest aspect of getting the TK lock working for me was wiping down the ramp, diver, and backboard with Novus1. The ball travels twice as fast after doing that, and for sure it is not going to reject. 4 months later when the ramp gets slow again, get the Novus1 out again.

Agreed. Crazy how fast the ball moves on a fresh clean.

#17273 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Save your demo bomb for the mode. As the animation is starting hit the button to lock in 5 mil. Sink the second shot for 2.5 mil. Now all the lit supers are 5 each. Complete all and now you get to collect the massive super at the Demogorgon. Now imagine you have the 2x multi going as well. I've scored more than 800 mil on the mode. I really wish there was a top score board for it.

#17274 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Biggest key is hitting the demo bomb right as the mode starts.

Then when I’m the next phase of all the red arrows. They are 5 million a piece. All 7 of those plus a 15 million base, times 2x playfield makes the super hurry up in the following phase around 100M per collect. And you can collect the super twice. First one collects and locks in the value, second one you can take your time.

Couple waves of that, and you’re in the money.

#17275 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Couple waves of that, and you’re in the money.

...and prem/LE owners make sure you have a ball in the TK lock before shooting up the middle to start Trap 'Em so you can swipe a ball to extend the mode when one drains out.

#17276 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

...and prem/LE owners make sure you have a ball in the TK lock before shooting up the middle to start Trap 'Em so you can swipe a ball to extend the mode when one drains out.

Very good point. This is huge for premium players. Much harder to blow up this mode on a pro.

#17277 1 year ago

Pro owners can still try to hold & obtain an add a ball at mystery, but the swipe would be nice (also would be nice if the code allowed for a swipe on pro even if it wasn’t coming off the back wall - which I think if you load premium code on your pro you can do, but you lose some LCD animations).

#17278 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Pro owners can still try to hold & obtain an add a ball at mystery, but the swipe would be nice (also would be nice if the code allowed for a swipe on pro even if it wasn’t coming off the back wall - which I think if you load premium code on your pro you can do, but you lose some LCD animations).

You can load premium code on a pro and disable the TK lock and be good to go I think.

#17279 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

My pro is running the Premium code just fine. Like you said, you lose some LCD animations, but DO gain the swipe a ball.

#17280 1 year ago

SOLD!
Other - For Sale
“This was custom made for quality arcades.com Thousands of games, Google raspberry pi games list I’ve barely played this ever. Still like new except couple scuffs on the bottom ...”
2023-02-26
Dixon, IL
1,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 6 days
Viewed: 286 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17281 1 year ago

I have an issue with the ramp not functioning properly during game play, but it will move up and down stopping in the open or closed position perfectly in test mode.

During game play the ramp inches downwards like it is struggling to go down usually stopping slightly above the playfield. The ramp also does not go back up when it is supposed to after hitting the demogorgon shot, except if the ball drains and then the ramp will fully close perfectly like it does in test mode. Also occasionally the ramp will inch up or down in small steps when pressing a flipper button??? To confirm, the ramp opened and closed perfectly about 15 times in test mode, these issues are only occurring during game play. Could it be a switch or opto issue or something else?

Has anybody else experienced issues like this and know what the cause of this problem may be? Thanks for any guidance on solving this.

#17282 1 year ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

I have an issue with the ramp not functioning properly during game play, but it will move up and down stopping in the open or closed position perfectly in test mode.
During game play the ramp inches downwards like it struggling to go down usually stopping slightly above the playfield, not fully down. The ramp also does not go back up when it is supposed to after hitting the demogorgon shot, except if the ball drains and then the ramp will abandon any problem it is having ands fully close perfectly. Also occasionally when the ramp will inch up or down in small steps when pressing a flipper button. Again the ramp opened and closed perfectly about 15 times in test mode, these issues only occur during game play.
Has anybody else experienced issues like and know what may be causing them?

Stabbing wildly in the dark, but since the motor and isolated signals work, maybe it's another switch thats literally giving it pause? Like it thinks there is an interference and so it stops and starts cause an offending switch comes off and on?

#17283 1 year ago

If anyone currently running the premium software on their pro is willing to help me troubleshoot something, please shoot me a PM.

#17284 1 year ago

Hi,

Just curious how the Shaker integration is for Stranger Things? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Thanks!

#17285 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi,
Just curious how the Shaker integration is for Stranger Things? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Thanks!

It’s awesome.

#17286 1 year ago

Agreed. Especially with the Demo battles. Absolute must have.

#17287 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Agreed. Especially with the Demo battles. Absolute must have.

Is there a game made in the last 5 years where someone would say it isn't a must have?

#17288 1 year ago

Hello. Anyone know who does the Video Mod. I know Cleland does the Sound Mod. Thanks in advance.

#17289 1 year ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Hello. Anyone know who does the Video Mod. I know Cleland does the Sound Mod. Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure Cleland can give you the code with the updated video as well. PM him.

#17290 1 year ago
Quoted from gk_usa:

Is there a game made in the last 5 years where someone would say it isn't a must have?

GOTG. I installed a shaker and never noticed it working. I actually forgot I had installed it.

#17291 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Did Cliffy ever make a protector for the saucer? I think I remember there was talk about it…

#17292 1 year ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

Did Cliffy ever make a protector for the saucer? I think I remember there was talk about it…

Last I had heard he didn’t have access to a playfield and was trying to work with someone on dimensions.

I imagine he’ll have one at some point. I’d still prefer a mylar’d playfield with no saucer damage to one with a cliffy but it’d be nice to have the option, especially for those with damage.

#17293 1 year ago

My Morse code insert is always dimly lit. I’ve swapped the 3-led boards around, and the issue stays at that location (does not follow the board). I’ve done a quick trace of the wires and don’t see any obvious damage or shorts. I don’t have a lot of experience troubleshooting lighting in Spike 2, so any tips are appreciated!

903F1A59-4F73-4527-90C4-F237D069C1D3 (resized).jpeg903F1A59-4F73-4527-90C4-F237D069C1D3 (resized).jpeg
#17294 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

My Morse code insert is always dimly lit. I’ve swapped the 3-led boards around, and the issue stays at that location (does not follow the board). I’ve done a quick trace of the wires and don’t see any obvious damage or shorts. I don’t have a lot of experience troubleshooting lighting in Spike 2, so any tips are appreciated!
[quoted image]

Mine is very similar to yours. I looked at it and I wasn’t convinced it was the led. I thought it might be some type of reflection making it appear that way. I am however not an expert, so it’ll be interesting to see what other people think.

#17295 1 year ago

My Morse code insert is like this also on my premium.

#17296 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Mine is very similar to yours. I looked at it and I wasn’t convinced it was the led. I thought it might be some type of reflection making it appear that way. I am however not an expert, so it’ll be interesting to see what other people think.

Quoted from Lilpro66:

My Morse code insert is like this also on my premium.

Interesting, so it's not just me.

#17297 1 year ago

There are two dimly lit inserts on Stern Star Trek as well that were common to all games... There was a post that recommended switching them out with these:

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led

... And that actually did the trick.

Possible that could be a solution here as well?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-two-right-enterprise-inserts-are-dim#post-1573036

#17298 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

[quoted image]

Have you cleaned the underside of the insert? Sometimes they can get a lot of coil dust under there.

Also, how is the LED alignment with the insert hole?

#17299 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

There are two dimly lit inserts on Stern Star Trek as well that were common to all games... There was a post that recommended switching them out with these:
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-spike-led
... And that actually did the trick.
Possible that could be a solution here as well?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/st-pro-two-right-enterprise-inserts-are-dim#post-1573036

I think you misunderstood my issue. The insert is ALWAYS lit regardless of game state (just dimly).

#17300 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I assume that LED is driven by a nearby node board which is letting too much voltage leak through in the off state. Adding some extra resistance in series with the LED should correct the issue, such as 100ohm resistor added to the wire going to that specific LED.

There are some spike2 node board discussion and repair threads, you could ask there for a second opinion and more details.

(the Morse Code on my premium is normal)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/346 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.