IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 449.
#17151 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say most that are logged into IC for this game are just playing and not going after specific achievements.

Yeah, as evidenced by the mode started ever %s. But it's at least data to draw some conclusions from / have fun with!

#17152 1 year ago

Morse code… shooting pops all day. Wish I had insider connected the first 1500 games I played.

#17153 1 year ago

Has anyone replaced the drop target springs? I ordered some new ones based on the parts number in the manual (265-5003-02) and they are much weaker then the stock ones. The targets still go down but they don't snap down. They are the same length but even stretching them by hand I can tell they aren't as strong. The stock ones are red, the new ones have no color. Anyone know where I can get stronger ones that still fit or why the parts number isn't right? Thanks

#17154 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

drop target springs

Each supplier tries to stock something equivalent to the original. Where did you buy those?

#17155 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Each supplier tries to stock something equivalent to the original. Where did you buy those?

I believe I got them from pinball life

#17156 1 year ago

***update*** I became slightly less lazy and looked in the Cleland Stranger Things topic... and the answer is... he is working on it for the current code.

I am going to ask it....

can you run the Cleland code and the updated Stern code so that you can be Insider Connected? Right now, I am choosing the Cleland code, but i'd like both.

#17157 1 year ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

***update*** I became slightly less lazy and looked in the Cleland Stranger Things topic... and the answer is... he is working on it for the current code.
I am going to ask it....
can you run the Cleland code and the updated Stern code so that you can be Insider Connected? Right now, I am choosing the Cleland code, but i'd like both.

I was running the 1.05 version I think on my pro which had the basic insider connected (no home team)

#17158 1 year ago

Joined the party today! UV Kit installed as well! I'm sure I'll have a million questions over the next few weeks, but I took delivery today and got it downstairs and it's playing great! I had movers help with the first pin, but I bought a dolly and I coaxed the wife into helping me with this one. I feel like a real pinsider now!
IMG_6488 (resized).jpegIMG_6488 (resized).jpeg

#17159 1 year ago

Pinball newbie question - Can anyone explain like I’m 5 how to adjust the outlane posts? I tried looking for videos online but didn’t find anything. Searching for threads resulted in suggestions ranging from screwing them out to using pliers to pull them out and even one person saying to hammer them out….…I took a look at mine today and it looks like there’s a hex nut with washer. Do they come out/go back in easily after I take the washer and nut off? Or is there something more? Any tips, tricks, wise words? Thanks

#17160 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Pinball newbie question - Can anyone explain like I’m 5 how to adjust the outlane posts? I tried looking for videos online but didn’t find anything. Searching for threads resulted in suggestions ranging from screwing them out to using pliers to pull them out and even one person saying to hammer them out….…I took a look at mine today and it looks like there’s a hex nut with washer. Do they come out/go back in easily after I take the washer and nut off? Or is there something more? Any tips, tricks, wise words? Thanks

If I remember I used a deep socket + ratchet on top and a wrench to maybe hold a nut on the bottom side of the playfield.

#17161 1 year ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Get the nut off the post underneath the playfield and give the post a little tug from the top of the playfield. It may not budge because you’re afraid to pull to hard but that’s okay. It will feel stuck because the wood has possibly expanded a bit so the post feels stuck. You can try to continue to use a hex tool to un-screw it (from the top of the playfield) to back it out. That will work sometimes. Other times you need to push from underneath. You don’t necessarily need a hammer so try the back-end of a screwdriver and give it a tap from the underside. It will help push it out.

That may not be the exact way to do it but it’s worked for me multiple times.

#17162 1 year ago

Game room mods added plastic protectors for Stranger Things. Protect those unobtainable plastics. I noticed on mine, the extra post in the outlane dividers has worn into the paint under the plastic. Don’t let it happen to you!

The fluorescent red/pink set looks great under regular light AND the upside down mode.

We have clear sets for the plastics near the player and an 18 piece set that covers almost every plastic on the game.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/07776-stern-stranger-things-plastic-protectors

06A34AB6-68C9-40CF-8EDF-BB35838FB52F (resized).jpeg06A34AB6-68C9-40CF-8EDF-BB35838FB52F (resized).jpeg7BE1BF5F-5E87-4369-AE5E-61069A9A3710 (resized).jpeg7BE1BF5F-5E87-4369-AE5E-61069A9A3710 (resized).jpeg

F93D07E1-9626-4900-A7B5-4E5CB516BAC9 (resized).jpegF93D07E1-9626-4900-A7B5-4E5CB516BAC9 (resized).jpeg
#17163 1 year ago

So I was having easily my best game ever on my Pro last night - a few exciting new achievements for me …. Completed Season 2 chapters and played Light The Fire for first time, one chapter away from Season 1 , got the MXV Skill first time ever , just cleared 2 billion ….. I was having a blast then this happened

Had just completed the 5th Demo battle and the game froze, stuttering sound, random lights, shaker pulsing , flashers lighting on , I turned off immediately worried some damage might result. I rebooted and thankfully it seems fine .

First time I have had the game crash like this . Of course it had to happen on my best game ever . So close to Final Showdown

Is this something others have seen ?
I am running 1.05 having recently installed one of Clelands recent updates (with attract mode video)

Photo of the point it froze. I have a few seconds video but couldn’t upload on here.
F90D159C-E7E1-4377-96C2-C6F3F323BDBE (resized).jpegF90D159C-E7E1-4377-96C2-C6F3F323BDBE (resized).jpeg

#17164 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

So I was having easily my best game ever on my Pro last night - a few exciting new achievements for me …. Completed Season 2 chapters and played Send It Back for first time, one chapter away from Season 1 , got the MXV Skill first time ever , just cleared 2 billion ….. I was having a blast then this happened
Had just completed the 5th Demo battle and the game froze, stuttering sound, random lights, shaker pulsing , flashers lighting on , I turned off immediately worried some damage might result. I rebooted and thankfully it seems fine .
First time I have had the game crash like this . Of course it had to happen on my best game ever . So close to Final Showdown
I am running 1.05 having recently installed one of Clelands recent updates (with attract mode video)
Photo of the point it froze. I have a few seconds video but couldn’t upload on here.
[quoted image]

Yeah it’s a known bug unfortunately. I’ve had 300+ games on mine so far and had it happen for the first time the other day so hopefully it doesn’t happen very often but still frustrating that the bug persists

#17165 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

Yeah it’s a known bug unfortunately. I’ve had 300+ games on mine so far and had it happen for the first time the other day so hopefully it doesn’t happen very often but still frustrating that the bug persists

Yeah. I thought the bug was associated with the Final Showdown/ Snowball modes.

#17166 1 year ago

So why would Stern not address these issues?

#17167 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

So I was having easily my best game ever on my Pro last night - a few exciting new achievements for me …. Completed Season 2 chapters and played Light The Fire for first time, one chapter away from Season 1 , got the MXV Skill first time ever , just cleared 2 billion ….. I was having a blast then this happened

Mine crashed the last time I got to / finished that mode. Sometime after it rebooted I noticed a ball was stuck behind the drops.

#17168 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Mine crashed the last time I got to / finished that mode. Sometime after it rebooted I noticed a ball was stuck behind the drops.

I def also had a ball sitting hung up on the drops when the mode ended !

It did cycle the drops and free it . A ball was then fed into the shooter lane. Then it stayed in it’s crashed state. I switched it off then.

Hmmmm. This def seems to be an issue. I wonder if Stern are aware of this one.

#17169 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I def also had a ball sitting hung up on the drops when the mode ended !
It did cycle the drops and free it . A ball was then fed into the shooter lane. Then it stayed in it’s crashed state. I switched it off then.
Hmmmm. This def seems to be an issue. I wonder if Stern are aware of this one.

Dang - I was hoping if and when it happened again I could quickly open the coin door and pop the drops down and maybe it'd be happy. In my case it never freed it until I turned it back on for the next game. I probably turned it off in frustration shortly after it finally rebooted (it sat slowly dying / emitting choppy audio for a little while), and had it free the ball on the next power up.

I'm pretty sure the S1 mini wizard mode also does this on 1.05 code and beyond - it did the one time I made the final demo shot so now I intentionally drain down to one ball if I get there.

#17170 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Dang - I was hoping if and when it happened again I could quickly open the coin door and pop the drops down and maybe it'd be happy. In my case it never freed it until I turned it back on for the next game. I probably turned it off in frustration shortly after it finally rebooted (it sat slowly dying / emitting choppy audio for a little while), and had it free the ball on the next power up.
I'm pretty sure the S1 mini wizard mode also does this on 1.05 code and beyond - it did the one time I made the final demo shot so now I intentionally drain down to one ball if I get there.

This isn’t good news. I was looking forward to getting to the further reaches of the game and now have to worry it may crash

#17171 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

It looks like they have, but for the later versions. 1.06 and 1.07 have listed fixes with 1.07 specifically addressing random resets. Cleleand is one of the best mod for the machine, but Im using Sterns code till he updates his to 1.07

#17172 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

It looks like they have, but for the later versions. 1.06 and 1.07 have listed fixes with 1.07 specifically addressing random resets. Cleleand is one of the best mod for the machine, but Im using Sterns code till he updates his to 1.07

It sounded like the reset fixed with 1.06 was some issue with the coin door interlock switch open. And 1.07 was pretty much the hurried fix they made when they broke something with the IC Home Team updates that went out to all machines where people with no IC hardware were having resets (on all spike2s I believe). My money is that neither of these updates addressed either the S1 mini-wizard mode reset nor the Can't Stop This ball hang. Probably easy to test with glass off.

I was wrong though earlier in the thread when I brought up the Can't Stop This reset - someone asked and I said I was at current code. I'm at 1.05 currently for Cleland.

#17173 1 year ago

dupe post

#17174 1 year ago

I had the reset on current stock code so it's not fixed yet. It doesn't happen every time though

#17175 1 year ago
Quoted from SLRage:

The current % of insider connected players that have played Stranger Things and gotten to Send It Back: 0.51% . Subsets that whittle that down further: people that have completed it on 1.05 and beyond code (seems like it popped up once they fixed the Snowball Dance bug in 1.05), and of those people, people that have complained about it. If that one happens every time, not sure it does, I'm 1 for 1 but as small of a sample set as you can get.

Can't Stop This doesn't have an IC achievement but I imagine similar %s of people that have beaten it, and probably only with a ball trapped behind the drops or somewhere else out of the trough.

#17176 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yeah. I thought the bug was associated with the Final Showdown/ Snowball modes.

It was. Then it was fixed, and the bug moved to can’t stop this.

#17177 1 year ago

Selling two mods.

Alphabet wall speaker panel retails $140+shipping asking $120
Dig dug game mod retails $109+shipping asking $90. Will ship both for $200

03F2C1A0-50C9-4D80-8F5C-3C1B0AE55D93 (resized).jpeg03F2C1A0-50C9-4D80-8F5C-3C1B0AE55D93 (resized).jpeg38ABA8D9-9E52-4A37-A036-04287885A319 (resized).jpeg38ABA8D9-9E52-4A37-A036-04287885A319 (resized).jpeg4B738C74-2998-423D-A06C-1E29D84A1AFE (resized).jpeg4B738C74-2998-423D-A06C-1E29D84A1AFE (resized).jpegC735BC68-C0FF-4872-BB1B-DF80CE605723 (resized).jpegC735BC68-C0FF-4872-BB1B-DF80CE605723 (resized).jpeg
#17178 1 year ago

Jiminy Christmas, just put in the stern art blades, and has added more light then my stadium lights did! Might take them out now, whatever they coated the blades in is super super reflective

PXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203115202 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203126340 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203146786 (resized).jpgPXL_20230205_203146786 (resized).jpg
#17179 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Jiminy Christmas, just put in the stern art blades, and has added more light then my stadium lights did! Might take them out now, whatever they coated the blades in is super super reflective

Those sling spot lights aimed at the player seem like a bigger issue. Are the art blades that distracting? I have not installed mine yet.

#17180 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like those !

#17181 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Those sling spot lights aimed at the player seem like a bigger issue. Are the art blades that distracting? I have not installed mine yet.

The lights are at an angle so its not high beaming you in the face, but they are adding to the light thats bouncing around since they are pointed more at the blades then the stock GI. The blades arnt distracting, they look great just are coated with something so they do make things generally brighter than without them.

#17182 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

The lights are at an angle so its not high beaming you in the face, but they are adding to the light thats bouncing around since they are pointed more at the blades then the stock GI. The blades arnt distracting, they look great just are coated with something so they do make things generally brighter than without them.

Yes those added spotlights are causing the issue.

#17183 1 year ago

Hi all,

A few questions about my Pro:

At the top of the left ramp, there is a hole in the bottom of the ramp. Occasionally I'll have a ball bounce off the lock post and then get stuck sitting in the hole. I can jiggle it out, but my daughter can't. Just curious - does anybody know why the ramp has a hole there?

I have a small amount of clear coat bubbling next to the saucer. I am going to put mylar over it. My question is should I use a razorblades and remove the small section of clear that is lifting before I put the mylar down? Or is there a better way to do this fix?

Has anyone installed the translucent drop targets from Mezel mods? I like the look of it, but curious if it's a difficult install and if anyone else has an opinion of it?

Thanks!

#17184 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,
At the top of the left ramp, there is a hole in the bottom of the ramp. Occasionally I'll have a ball bounce off the lock post and then get stuck sitting in the hole. I can jiggle it out, but my daughter can't. Just curious - does anybody know why the ramp has a hole there?
I have a small amount of clear coat bubbling next to the saucer. I am going to put mylar over it. My question is should I use a razorblades and remove the small section of clear that is lifting before I put the mylar down? Or is there a better way to do this fix?
Has anyone installed the translucent drop targets from Mezel mods? I like the look of it, but curious if it's a difficult install and if anyone else has an opinion of it?
Thanks!

Tough to say without seeing your playfield, but for clear coat repair around posts, most people use a vinyl auto upholstery repair iron to melt the clear back flush. There are posts and YouTube videos on this method.

#17185 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,
Thanks!

No idea why your ramp has a hole in it. Maybe it’s a premium ramp and the hole is for the TK lock mechanism? A picture would help us identify it.

I would cut a piece of Mylar or even thick clear packing tape and place it over the hole. It might not stop the ball trap but it will make it easier to unlodge.

#17186 1 year ago

I haven't listened to the Gomez interview where they talked about it yet but how likely do we think it is that Stern will do another run of Stranger Things Premium next year? If they do, would you expect built-in UV and an updated TK lock to be part of it? What would you expect it to cost?

Just working on my long-term pinball room plans, thanks

#17187 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

I haven't listened to the Gomez interview where they talked about it yet but how likely do we think it is that Stern will do another run of Stranger Things Premium next year? If they do, would you expect built-in UV and an updated TK lock to be part of it? What would you expect it to cost?
Just working on my long-term pinball room plans, thanks

Sigh.... Very unlikely. But I anxiously await those who will say that premium and le owners are just mad... Worried about values... And that is why they say no. I also anxiously await those who claim to have sold because they are scared of a projector failing, that has a very very small failure rate, and bitching about a tk lock. Funny... I have no issues with my game. I don't care about value, and I certainly am not worried about a damn projector. This discussion has been brought up a million times... Argued about even more. I say it's not going to happen. Same statement most seem to have. Start planning to buy used. And one more time for the record... Anyone buying a (new) premium or le with increasing prices... After tax and shipping, will be paying the 14k plus that used games are going for anyway.

#17188 1 year ago

Thinking about giving my prem a powder coated armor treatment. I like the look of the straight-edged armor that's on Godzilla LE and STh LE, e.g. Does anyone know where you can buy that style of armor in raw metal or otherwise?

#17189 1 year ago
Quoted from dboeren:

how likely do we think it is that Stern will do another run of Stranger Things Premium next year?

Less than 5% chance. Zero chance any engineering updates are applied.

#17190 1 year ago

that 10k pro on the market with all the upgrades actually looks pretty attractive. they ain't gonna re run this game and they certainly ain't gonna go through the engineering process of making different ramp molds or whatever they'd have to do to improve the TK lock

having that mech dialed in oughta raise the resale value of the game

#17191 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Hi all,

Thanks!

Easy install . I like them. They maybe don’t ‘glow’ quite as much as I’d like but they look good. Def look better than stock black imo.

#17192 1 year ago

Today I added a set of flaming speaker lights. I really like the way they look on this game!!

#17193 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Tough to say without seeing your playfield, but for clear coat repair around posts, most people use a vinyl auto upholstery repair iron to melt the clear back flush. There are posts and YouTube videos on this method.

Thanks. I've attached a picture. I'll have to take a look and see what the process looks like on YouTube.

IMG_6508 (resized).jpegIMG_6508 (resized).jpeg
#17194 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

No idea why your ramp has a hole in it. Maybe it’s a premium ramp and the hole is for the TK lock mechanism? A picture would help us identify it.
I would cut a piece of Mylar or even thick clear packing tape and place it over the hole. It might not stop the ball trap but it will make it easier to unlodge.

Here's a picture. Do you think this is the premium ramp? I was thinking a piece of mylar as well. Thanks.

IMG_6511 (resized).jpegIMG_6511 (resized).jpeg
#17195 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Here's a picture. Do you think this is the premium ramp? I was thinking a piece of mylar as well. Thanks.[quoted image]

That is a premium ramp. I see the cut out for the tk lock diverter.

#17196 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Thanks. I've attached a picture. I'll have to take a look and see what the process looks like on YouTube.[quoted image]

Folks please be sure to mylar this area. You can cut out one big rectangle lay it over hole in plane with main pf and then make strategic cuts and stretch to conform to the hole.

#17197 1 year ago

Just a heads up but I put in an order from Cliffy for his current set and he did say he was working on a scoop protector still. Fingers crossed!

#17198 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Just installed my Stern art blades and can confirm there is a lot of glare from the GI off the art blades.

#17199 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Just installed my Stern art blades and can confirm there is a lot of glare from the GI off the art blades.

Thanks for the first hand account! Gunna cover the existing lights for a bit to make sure its worth taking out. I have mine tucked in a corner with no overhead light so as much as its been super bright Id hate to over correct.

#17200 1 year ago
Quoted from ggg71:

Thanks. I've attached a picture. I'll have to take a look and see what the process looks like on YouTube.[quoted image]

So this is pretty common… the process is to light sand 1000, 2000, then 3000 grit) add clear (2 or 3 coats) … let it sit 1 week… resend (same as before) then polish….. apply Mylar (use a template of the saucer to cut the correct circle into the Mylar)

Next… beg cliffy to make a set for the saucer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 344 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/344?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.