06A34AB6-68C9-40CF-8EDF-BB35838FB52F (resized).jpeg
7BE1BF5F-5E87-4369-AE5E-61069A9A3710 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6488 (resized).jpeg
3FE8AE42-7884-43B4-9441-68C5AC32174B (resized).jpeg
FBA154C5-E72D-43C8-A8A5-8C7C765CDA7C (resized).jpeg
36F2A1E9-49EE-446A-BC0C-32ED68BC72EB (resized).jpeg
5473914A-6D1A-485B-ADFF-9390C5464F9E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

21 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 344.
#17101 21 days ago

Thank you! I’ll check this out!

Quoted from C-Note:

I had a similar issue. Took me forever to figure it out, but one of the roller switches that trigger when the ramp goes up or down had a busted connection. Had to replace the whole switch because I broke the arm first time messing with it. Only $2 from my dealer for the switch.
[quoted image]

#17102 20 days ago

Anyone using the Pinstadiums for STh instead of the UV kit? Anyone seen both? it is a similar experience? Pinsadium page says in many ways its better.

Thank you in advance for sharing.

#17103 20 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone seen both? it is a similar experience?

I’m sure their site says it’s better. Haha.

They are similar, but different. Both have true UV and Pinstadium blasts it all over the game while sterns is just in the main area.

I’d get the stern kit if you can, but it’s good people at least have the option for UV with Pinstadium.

#17104 20 days ago

Thank you. Helpful. Are the pinstadiums triggered during the same times and for the same durations as the UV kit?

#17105 20 days ago

Stern kit includes UV plastics. I would go Stern if you can find one.

#17106 20 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Thank you. Helpful. Are the pinstadiums triggered during the same times and for the same durations as the UV kit?

Yes. But there are certain lighting effects at the start and end of the UV time that Pinstadium does not mimic exactly.

#17107 20 days ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Stern kit includes UV plastics. I would go Stern if you can find one.

Finding one is no small task......

#17108 20 days ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Anyone using the Pinstadiums for STh instead of the UV kit? Anyone seen both? it is a similar experience? Pinsadium page says in many ways its better.
Thank you in advance for sharing.

I had both on my pro, the pinstadiums made the UV way more intense. I’m not sure about without the Stern kit, because I never saw it that way but I’d guess you wouldn’t notice the factory ones weren’t there… except you wouldn’t have uv plastics.

#17109 20 days ago

I have the Pinstadium UV kit on my ST Pro, but the bar I frequent has the Stern Kit on theirs.

I'd say that the Pinstadium kit does seem to "pop" a tiny bit more than the Stern Kit, but I am a little sad that I don't have the plastics to match (that come with the Stern kit), since they do add more than you'd think to the appearance. There's definitely some noticeable differences IMO, mostly with the transitions (fading in/out), but I'm also a big fan of not spending an insane amount for a hard-to-find kit.

Hypothetically, if Stern had another run of the Pro UV Kits at a "reasonable" price, I'd probably switch to the Stern kit.

#17110 20 days ago

Yeah that’s a good point. At this point, if you can’t find a stern one at MSRP (good luck), the Pinstadium one at like $150-200 is a good option.

#17111 20 days ago

they aren't really equivalent products in that the Pinstadium one doesn't have the full level of interactivity that the Stern one does. on the other hand, the ramps look pretty cool with the pinstadiums.

the plastics make a huge difference, though. pinstadiums dont got plastics

#17112 16 days ago

that's it, it's outta here! on to the next adventure. I hope whomever winds up with #441 loves it as much as I did PXL_20230123_181100683 (resized).jpg

going to look so bare until the new game is here PXL_20230123_181028222 (resized).jpg

#17113 16 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:that's it, it's outta here! on to the next adventure. I hope whomever winds up with #441 loves it as much as I did [quoted image]
going to look so bare until the new game is here [quoted image]

You’ll be alright! Mine will leave at some point though I love it very much.

#17114 15 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

You’ll be alright! Mine will leave at some point though I love it very much.

it'll sting less when the new game shows up

#17115 15 days ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it'll sting less when the new game shows up

ya and if you get bored you can always count your stack of cash to help ease the pain lol…what’s replacing STH?

#17116 15 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

ya and if you get bored you can always count your stack of cash to help ease the pain lol…what’s replacing STH?

You guys aren’t helping. I’ve thought of selling mine 3 times now…
I always change my mind

#17117 15 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Bond 60

#17119 15 days ago

i had 2600 games on it and was tired of worrying about the projector. JB60 looks like a hard, fast, fun shooter, and if i want to play STh there are plenty on location here

plus physical reels, i mean come on

i bought Sth for 9300 and added the shooter, topper, UV kit and cliffys, to eventually trade it for a 20k game

i think i did okay and i wanna play elwin's new game!

#17120 15 days ago

The awesome thing about your deal is you probably didn’t have to add any $ to get bond. Or maybe even have some cash left over.

#17121 15 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The awesome thing about your deal is you probably didn’t have to add any $ to get bond. Or maybe even have some cash left over.

you are correct. straight trade $0 invoice. even though frankly, the money is less important to me than playing the new KME

(to be crystal clear, there is no way i would ever pay what JB60 costs, for a pinball machine. i feel incredibly fortunate to have lucked in to this deal, which i know for a fact other owners would and have turned down)

#17122 15 days ago

you are correct. straight trade $0 invoice. even though frankly, the money is less important to me than playing the new KME
(to be crystal clear, there is no way i would ever pay what JB60 costs, for a pinball machine. i feel incredibly fortunate to have lucked in to this deal, which i know for a fact other owners would and have turned down)

I think you made the wrong choice but that's pinball, everyone has to make a tough choice now & then

#17123 15 days ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I think you made the wrong choice

why (i'm not mad or defensive, just curious about others' thought processes)

mine was: my family picked this theme and it's been great but i don't love the show nor is the game the most fun to shoot. theme integration, experience, 'want to play it' factor are all 100% over the top and the TK lock and projector are truly unique and rad- but at the end of the day i played it 2500+ times and was feeling the tinges of boredom. plus, there is one on location at league and the two other places i play in tournaments. also, the JB60 is the more unique layout, even though only 500 of that and the STHLE are/were made, the Sth shares the design with the pro and premium. and again- don't want to either worry about the projector or take $600 and throw it in the coinbox in the form of a backup, either.

no one knows how the new elwin game shoots but based on the pedigree- the theme is sort of whatever to me- i think it'll be rad to shoot and make me a better player, which is why i have a game at home (i thought it was to play with my family when i got it, but they don't gaf no matter how hard i try ). the ruleset looks great.

#17124 15 days ago

Hi everyone. Apologies if this has already been covered in the thread - has anybody serviced and rebuilt the drop target bank? Check this picture out. This machine has had 37000 plays (yes that figure is correct, game is free to play in a pub here). The targets are binding and cannot be reset, and the coil has suffered as a result. Amazing that it's lasted this long!

36F2A1E9-49EE-446A-BC0C-32ED68BC72EB (resized).jpeg5473914A-6D1A-485B-ADFF-9390C5464F9E (resized).jpegB0786E94-9F38-4AC5-ACB6-BB74E8635A3E (resized).jpegFBA154C5-E72D-43C8-A8A5-8C7C765CDA7C (resized).jpeg
#17125 15 days ago

holy crap 37 thousand plays

#17126 15 days ago

holy crap 37 thousand plays

I first serviced them at 22000 plays. Needless to say they were already in a pretty banged up state. That was one year after unboxing too......IM pro has 34000 plays on it. Holding up ok, except some clown threw a dart at the LCD and damaged it.......

3FE8AE42-7884-43B4-9441-68C5AC32174B (resized).jpeg
#17127 15 days ago

marco has replacement drop banks in stock for $225, or you could take it all apart, clean and reassemble it and put a new $12 coil in

at $225 it's $.006 per game to just outright replace the whole thing.

#17128 15 days ago

marco has replacement drop banks in stock for $225, or you could take it all apart, clean and reassemble it and put a new $12 coil in
at $225 it's $.006 per game to just outright replace the whole thing.

Many thanks. I'm going to strip it down, clean and rebuild. Just wanted to see if anybody else has done it previously. Perhaps not since this ST could possibly hold the record for number of plays......

#17131 14 days ago

The fact that the dealer gave you 100% credit for a used ST vs a new JB60 should tell you a lot. Congrats though if your happy!

mine was: my family picked this theme and it's been great but i don't love the show nor is the game the most fun to shoot. theme integration, experience, 'want to play it' factor are all 100% over the top and the TK lock and projector are truly unique and rad- but at the end of the day i played it 2500+ times and was feeling the tinges of boredom. plus, there is one on location at league and the two other places i play in tournaments. also, the JB60 is the more unique layout, even though only 500 of that and the STHLE are/were made, the Sth shares the design with the pro and premium. and again- don't want to either worry about the projector or take $600 and throw it in the coinbox in the form of a backup, either.
no one knows how the new elwin game shoots but based on the pedigree- the theme is sort of whatever to me- i think it'll be rad to shoot and make me a better player, which is why i have a game at home (i thought it was to play with my family when i got it, but they don't gaf no matter how hard i try ). the ruleset looks great.

#17132 14 days ago
Quoted from SLRage:

The fact that the dealer gave you 100% credit for a used ST vs a new JB60 should tell you a lot.

Should tell you that they gave you at least 16-17k trade in for a used game that cost around 8500-9000 new. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Not gonna have the wow factor for guests that STH has, but still the money seems right for sure.

#17133 14 days ago

It’s all about what JB60 will be worth once the smoke clears. It’s a “fair” deal/gamble for him for sure just shows me how dealers view these games/values.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Should tell you that they gave you at least 16-17k trade in for a used game that cost around 8500-9000 new. Not a bad deal if you ask me. Not gonna have the wow factor for guests that STH has, but still the money seems right for sure.

#17134 14 days ago
Quoted from SLRage:

It’s all about what JB60 will be worth once the smoke clears. It’s a “fair” deal/gamble for him for sure just shows me how dealers view these games/values.

They probably see them around a 16-17k game. No way these ever drop to 8-9k. That’s my only point for this specific case.

#17135 14 days ago

like I said, it's not about the money- but if it were, the market for Bond collectibles has had sixty years to mature. stranger things is 4 seasons of a TV show. the Bond has value to non pinhead collectors. the ST, not as much. and no one knows what STHLE with a busted projector is worth yet

I imagine the guy I'm trading with got offered his Bond for like 18k which is about what STHLE is worth right now. I love the new hotness, so it was a pretty easy decision to make- going from 'maybe someday I'll get to play my favorite designer's exclusive rare game' to owning it is quite a come up. also telling was that every single person I asked what they thought, from top ten players in the world, to casuals to seasoned operators- and my family- told me to jump on the deal. the BOM and license and money are all secondary to the fun for me and man does it look fun.

I'm not rich, either. I worked on weekends freelancing and doing Instacart for nine months to buy the stranger things originally- this just feels like an amazing come up, to me. being able to share and invite others to play it is worth the cost of admission. it's going to make a lot of people happier than it would sitting in a crate in an air conditioned storage unit which is what I feel most of these are fated for

#17136 14 days ago

like I said, it's not about the money- but if it were, the market for Bond collectibles has had sixty years to mature. stranger things is 4 seasons of a TV show. the Bond has value to non pinhead collectors. the ST, not as much. and no one knows what STHLE with a busted projector is worth yet
I imagine the guy I'm trading with got offered his Bond for like 18k which is about what STHLE is worth right now. I love the new hotness, so it was a pretty easy decision to make- going from 'maybe someday I'll get to play my favorite designer's exclusive rare game' to owning it is quite a come up. also telling was that every single person I asked what they thought, from top ten players in the world, to casuals to seasoned operators- and my family- told me to jump on the deal. the BOM and license and money are all secondary to the fun for me and man does it look fun.
I'm not rich, either. I worked on weekends freelancing and doing Instacart for nine months to buy the stranger things originally- this just feels like an amazing come up, to me. being able to share and invite others to play it is worth the cost of admission. it's going to make a lot of people happier than it would sitting in a crate in an air conditioned storage unit which is what I feel most of these are fated for

Hey man that’s cool you had the chance to swap out ultra rare games and now get to play something different….Maybe you can come back to the IE league and bring your JB60 with you and all us peasants can have a chance to flip it

#17137 14 days ago

bill, you and the missus are welcome any time

also I think AYCE GOGI and Captain's will have these on the floor too, if you ever drag yourself outta Riverside

#17138 14 days ago

bill, you and the missus are welcome any time
also I think AYCE GOGI and Captain's will have these on the floor too, if you ever drag yourself outta Riverside

That’s mighty kind of you sir…If Captain puts a JB60 on his floor that would definitely get me(us)out of the IE cave!

#17139 14 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

That’s mighty kind of you sir…If Captain puts a JB60 on his floor that would definitely get me(us)out of the IE cave!

bring Karl and his rig

also 'peasants' says the man with 8 games to the man with one (none, right now!)

#17140 14 days ago

Stern released a new IC feature that shows the % of players that have gotten an achievement. If you’re curious like I was about the modes that are hardest to complete “perfectly”, well, look no further:

Where’s Barb: 11.95%
Quarter Hunt: 8.19%
Lure Dart: 2.05%
Bullies: 1.54%
Get Me Out: 1.24%
Mirkwood: 1.12%
Follow the Compass: 0.70%
Turn Up The Heat: 0.70%
Save Will: 0.63%
What Mama Says: 0.45%
Morse Code: 0.24%

#17141 14 days ago

Even playing the modes once is interesting. All the S1 modes are 38-40%, all the S2 modes 27-28%. That mystery mode spotting at work.

Playing BS 25 times lifetime: 0.03% (I'm at 20!)

#17142 14 days ago

That Bs mode achievement is a doozie!

#17143 14 days ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That Bs mode achievement is a doozie!

Beating the Final Showdown is 0.20%!

#17144 14 days ago

Looking to buy or trade for STh. Any trim level, Le to playable pro. Will make a tier 7 contribution to Pinside.

Thank you in advance.

#17145 14 days ago

Everyone has a different opinion so disclaimer, my opinion is mine lol
I love the ST show
I’ve never seen a Bond movie
I'm a fan of 90's BW games and this to me is AFM on steroids
I'm not an single layer playfield style fan, not 1 of my 23 machines is an EM
That about summarises why I’d never go JB60. as long as you’re happy it doesn’t matter what anyone says

Im also surprised Save Will isn’t the hardest mode to complete

#17146 14 days ago

Morse code is crazy low. It’s just like 4 left orbits. I bet people try and hit other shit and don’t complete it.

But I guess perfectly is harder cause you can’t hit any other shot while hitting the left orbit.

#17147 14 days ago

I thought "perfect" morse code was completing it using only the pops?

#17148 14 days ago

I thought "perfect" morse code was completing it using only the pops?

Shit. You might be right. But yeah, completing these perfect is super hard as once you hit any other types of shots, the perfect completion possibility is out the window.

#17149 14 days ago

It still seems like the right orbit only for completion shouldn't be the most difficult of all of these. I almost feel like I thought I did it the other day and was surprised it wasn't rewarded. But I must have hit the spinner or something else I have to think.

#17150 14 days ago

I’m gonna take a wild guess and say most that are logged into IC for this game are just playing and not going after specific achievements.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 130.00
Pinball Machine
Dijohn
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Estero, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 7,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
There are 17,183 posts in this topic. You are on page 343 of 344.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/343 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.