IMG_2262 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2261 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2260 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2259 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2263 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_2264 (resized).jpeg (© Nutty 5.0)
IMG_9633 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 457.
#17051 1 year ago

The post is there to eliminate that ball trap. You’ll need to add that back and do other adjustments like make the demo more jiggly.

You shouldn’t have to remove that post to make the shot consistent.

#17052 1 year ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I have one that I am keeping to trade for ammo during the zombie apocalypse, or to use whenever I find a reasonably priced Premium. Which ever comes first.

This is right. And don’t forget to have a generator so you can keep playing your pins. Zombies notwithstanding. A man’s gotta have priorities.

#17053 1 year ago

When the ball kicks left out of Demogorgon and hits the left guide rail, it often times comes down directly on the left slingshot, which then kicks it straight into the right outlane. What's a good way to remedy this, pitch? coil strength at the kick-out or left sling?

#17054 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

When the ball kicks left out of Demogorgon and hits the left guide rail, it often times comes down directly on the left slingshot, which then kicks it straight into the right outlane. What's a good way to remedy this, pitch? coil strength at the kick-out or left sling?

#17055 1 year ago

Read the description of the video for some additional info.

#17056 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the video! I didn't even think about the Burn it Back loop, so I'll adjust that as well.

#17057 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Awesome, thanks for the video! I didn't even think about the Burn it Back loop, so I'll adjust that as well.

Read the videos description first.

#17058 1 year ago

Yikes! If these sales keep up, Stern will HAVE to make new ones (at a new ‘23 price of course).

#17059 1 year ago

The annoying thing about the kickout is if the software were changed to delay that up post just a little longer this wouldn't be a problem. You either have to live with a left lean or the post smacking the ball.

#17060 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

The annoying thing about the kickout is if the software were changed to delay that up post just a little longer this wouldn't be a problem. You either have to live with a left lean or the post smacking the ball.

You can’t tell the game is off level by a mm or 2.

Your other option is cutting the return spring to make it weaker and return the post slower.

#17061 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can’t tell the game is off level by a mm or 2.
Your other option is cutting the return spring to make it weaker and return the post slower.

I cut down an old Bally flipper spring and my post now works perfect!

#17062 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The post is there to eliminate that ball trap. You’ll need to add that back and do other adjustments like make the demo more jiggly.
You shouldn’t have to remove that post to make the shot consistent.

Dammit. This is happening to me now as well. Was easy to take out. May be more painful to get back in.

#17063 1 year ago

Yeah. I was able to dial mine in by making sure the wire loom had slack in it, then also took it out and loosened the two screws that allow the demo to give more when something hits it.

I had the post that shakes it adjusted high too.

#17064 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

I cut down an old Bally flipper spring and my post now works perfect!

I will try adjusting the spring and report back.

#17065 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Yikes! If these sales keep up, Stern will HAVE to make new ones (at a new ‘23 price of course).

Kinda glad. Bought this cause me and wifey enjoyed it but suspected the short run would drive value over time. Feels good to have called the shot, but even still not sure I would ever get rid of it. Trade up to a killer theme maybe, but such a fun game no matter how long it kicks my ass

#17066 1 year ago

On my machine I could never make the shot with the spacer under the chin of the demogorgon so it had to be removed. I would recommend adding some washers to raise the demogorgon up just a tiny bit which should eliminate the ball trap. In more than 4k games on mine with the spacer removed I've never had the ball get stuck there. I 3d printed a bunch of spacer options and found about 1.8mm was where I needed to be for my game. Should be about 2 washers depending on the thickness you can find.

spacers (resized).jpgspacers (resized).jpg
#17067 1 year ago

Thanks.. Thats what I will need to do.
For whatever reason, when I put the post spacer in under the chin, the shot is almost unmakeable. It looks like I need to measure the thickness of the washers I have in now, and boost it to 1.8.

#17068 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

are the UV kits still available? i looked around the internet without success

They are a commodity now. Flip N Out pinball has a pro UV kit listed in their vault for $899.

#17069 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

...but such a fun game no matter how long it kicks my ass

Glad to hear I'm not the only one... The struggle endures!

#17070 1 year ago

I carved half that post off in fixing my issues and have never once experienced a stucky anywhere near the demo. perfect fix, because that screw was pretty much welded on

#17071 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I carved half that post off in fixing my issues and have never once experienced a stucky anywhere near the demo. perfect fix, because that screw was pretty much welded on

That was gonna be my next thought. If taking the whole thing out causes traps, just half it.

#17072 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That was gonna be my next thought. If taking the whole thing out causes traps, just half it.

Yeah I just put a small hex bolt a plastic washer and a nut underneath. No more traps. Lucky I didn’t put the third screw back in the flower man made things so much easier to get access.

#17073 1 year ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the burn back saucer?

Sorry for the delay. Been on vacation, too much tequila.

If you look at chucks video watch around the 2:30 mark.

#17074 1 year ago

Speaking of Chuck… if there was an twipy award for community member I would vote for Chuck. He started this thread years ago, has long sold his stranger things, and continues to help everyone out.

From all of us, thanks chuckwurt

#17075 1 year ago

I gotta say.... this game is awesome.

if you add the UV Kit, Cleland sound package, and the Medisynl mods to a Premium/LE I am not sure if any game can beat it. The only real negative is the cabinet and backglass art.

A few things about it... in case someone is looking to buy one.

* I suspect they applied too much clear around the left saucer. It definitely has a tendency to chip. We are all anxiously awaiting Cliffy to come out with a protector.

* The Medisynl Mods are out-of-this-world good.

* The projector and UV kit both add a lot to the game. I have all of the materials to upgrade the screens, but it is a pretty involved project. I suck at putting down mylar, so the last thing I want is to have bubbles in the screens.

*The TK lock is awesome... but easily the most problematic and finicky mech on any Stern that I have owned. The (distant) second most finicky mech is the Demogorgon shot... after that is probably my EHOH crypt. I am guessing that the time required to dial these two shots in is why Stern dropped making the Premiums so quickly.

* It's the only game I play with the lights off in the room. The game's lighting is as much a part of the game as the shots/mechs.

#17076 1 year ago

Best mods ever! Talk about perfection. In person it’s even better I assure you.
Amazing work

900620F2-CD09-44D6-A391-F6D5CB6FC2EE (resized).jpeg900620F2-CD09-44D6-A391-F6D5CB6FC2EE (resized).jpeg9E091E76-3B81-45D5-96EE-031ED08883D1 (resized).jpeg9E091E76-3B81-45D5-96EE-031ED08883D1 (resized).jpeg83397476-F6EC-4831-94E8-DA84E449044E (resized).jpeg83397476-F6EC-4831-94E8-DA84E449044E (resized).jpeg
#17077 1 year ago

UPDATE: This has been claimed. Thank you.

We bought this Stranger Things cat tunnel for our cat for Christmas. Unfortunately, he passed away before he could enjoy it. If anyone here would like it, just send me a message and I will ship it to you.
ST-cat1 (resized).jpgST-cat1 (resized).jpg
ST-cat2 (resized).jpgST-cat2 (resized).jpg

#17078 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

We bought this Stranger Things cat tunnel for our cat for Christmas. Unfortunately, he passed away before he could enjoy it. If anyone here would like it, just send me a message and I will ship it to you.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Haha This is Awesome!! Nice job passing it on to another member!

#17079 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Speaking of Chuck… if there was an twipy award for community member I would vote for Chuck. He started this thread years ago, has long sold his stranger things, and continues to help everyone out.
From all of us, thanks chuckwurt

I 100% agree with this, His Game of Thrones tutorial is my Bible for that game! I was really thinking of moving my Stranger Things due to frustration on the orbit feeds until I found his video, now I have the left orbit and Saucer dialed in and working on the right orbit to Pops return feed.

Thanks Chuck!!

#17080 1 year ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I 100% agree with this, His Game of Thrones tutorial is my Bible for that game! I was really thinking of moving my Stranger Things due to frustration on the orbit feeds until I found his video, now I have the left orbit and Saucer dialed in and working on the right orbit to Pops return feed.
Thanks Chuck!!

Ditto here. Every time I have a question on a pin, it seems he owns it and replies within 30 min

#17081 1 year ago

I just noticed that my UV kit lights aren't working during the Upside Down mode. I just reseated all of the connectors and still no joy. None of the wires appear crimped and the board looks good. Has anyone else had this problem?

#17082 1 year ago
Quoted from taz:

I just noticed that my UV kit lights aren't working during the Upside Down mode. I just reseated all of the connectors and still no joy. None of the wires appear crimped and the board looks good. Has anyone else had this problem?

Make sure the UV kit is still enabled in the settings and also run the uv light test in diagnostics.

#17083 1 year ago

#17084 1 year ago

Hello folks.
Ramp on my LE is a bit on the fritz.
Will come down for demogorgan, then not be able to return to its upright position afterwards.
When I go in the menu, there is no error.
If I go into the ramp test it will fail,
But if I turn it off, manually lift the ramp,
Turn it back on,
The ramp will work up and down in test mode.

But into the game, it will often freeze again.

Any suggestions?
Thank you!

#17085 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry for your loss.

#17086 1 year ago

Anyone have a UV plastic set they wish to sell? Or a spare -05 UV plastic?

I would also be open to purchasing a complete UV kit for either Pro or Premium (the plastic I need is in both sets).

The premium I purchased has a broken -05 plastic.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#17087 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Make sure the UV kit is still enabled in the settings and also run the uv light test in diagnostics.

Thanks Spidey! I was an idiot on this one! Not too long ago I installed a new game code and didn't connect the dots that might have been the issue. I hadn't played it much since then, until now. Got it fixed, so thanks again!

#17088 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I would also be open to purchasing a complete UV kit for either Pro or Premium (the plastic I need is in both sets).
The premium I purchased has a broken -05 plastic. [quoted image]

That’s going to be tough to find. Maybe buy uv paint and brush on some designs to the old non-uv plastic?

#17089 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

That plastic is under a ramp and nobody is looking at the plastics in the brief UV mode so if you just used the original there, nobody would ever know.

#17090 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

That plastic is under a ramp and nobody is looking at the plastics in the brief UV mode so if you just used the original there, nobody would ever know.

Agreed. I actually had forgotten the plastics were uv also.
Intense game, not time to look!

#17091 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Good point, thanks! I have it all tore apart shopping it and it just stares at me with all it's broken-ness. I forgot you probably can't even see the broken part with the ramp on the game! The broken part is the tab on the top that is slightly behind the scoop weldment, making it even harder to see the broken part.

#17092 1 year ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

The broken part is the tab on the top that is slightly behind the scoop weldment, making it even harder to see the broken part.

You could also just put it back together with clear packing tape on the front and back side and that would do.

#17093 1 year ago

Tried making an interactive backbox lighting board for the first time...

Came out decent; nowhere nearly as good as Cointaker's amazing work, but I'm on a budget right now, and it was far cheaper to get four LED strips, two controllers and foam board right now. Definitely a learning experience, but it worked reasonably close to plan.

You can't tell because I'm silent in the video but Eleven's hand and the Fleshy Mindflayer in the bottom right flicker with sound.

I do have to turn down the green in that corner though; it's a bit overpowering.

#17094 1 year ago

Hey everyone,
A frustrating intermittent issue on my STh pro, and I am curious if anyone here have some ideas on where the culprit might be.

This happens almost only during tournaments of course; the ball is fed to the plunger lane, and suddenly it is autoplunged. There seem to be no pattern to when this happens.

1. The playfield is not validated by hitting standup targets, drop targets or leaving the plunger lane switch momentarily, so I ruled out these switches.
2. The action button has a big enough gap so its not that it is sneeze tight and "tiggering" due to..vibration.
3. I have tried to replicate it for several hours, making a multiplayer game and waiting a long time between actively plunging the active ball, without luck. I also tried banging on the playfield and shaking it in order to see if I can trigger a potential sneeze tight switch which validates the playfield, but cant trigger anything.

Then, every time I use it in tournaments it seems to start happening after a while. Any ideas what might cause this?
Also, is there a way to see the "X recent hit switches" in diagnostics? I think I would also need to try and film it during competition and see what points are given when it happens, and potentially see what might cause this.

#17095 1 year ago

Is the timed plunge turned on?

#17096 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Is the timed plunge turned on?

I am quite sure it is off, because else it would have triggered and plunged when I have troubleshooted and let it sit here in the plunger lane for 10 minutes without plunging. At least it would be consistent. but I will double check asap, just for the sake of facts.

#17097 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I am quite sure it is off, because else it would have triggered and plunged when I have troubleshooted and let it sit here in the plunger lane for 10 minutes without plunging. At least it would be consistent. but I will double check asap, just for the sake of facts.

Do you have any tech alerts? Like maybe a sticking out lane switch, that once the ball is released the game thinks one drained so it auto plunges what's already in the shooter lane?

#17098 1 year ago

looks like i'll be leaving the club at the end of the week. have very much enjoyed being here and will check back in from time to time. i got an offer i couldn't refuse

#17099 1 year ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

suddenly it is autoplunged

or magnetized balls causing issues with the trough switches.

or shooter lane switch is not fully being pressed, making it think the ball was plunged already.

#17100 1 year ago

I had a similar issue. Took me forever to figure it out, but one of the roller switches that trigger when the ramp goes up or down had a busted connection. Had to replace the whole switch because I broke the arm first time messing with it. Only $2 from my dealer for the switch.

Quoted from Pinball-NJA:

Hello folks.
Ramp on my LE is a bit on the fritz.
Will come down for demogorgan, then not be able to return to its upright position afterwards.
When I go in the menu, there is no error.
If I go into the ramp test it will fail,
But if I turn it off, manually lift the ramp,
Turn it back on,
The ramp will work up and down in test mode.
But into the game, it will often freeze again.
Any suggestions?
Thank you!

28387595-264B-43C8-8C60-C7633289E0AE (resized).jpeg28387595-264B-43C8-8C60-C7633289E0AE (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,970 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

5,990 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hudson, FL
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
PinShades

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, WA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Blood Lords Miniatures

There are 22,823 posts in this topic. You are on page 342 of 457.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.