IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 449.
#16951 1 year ago

Odds have increased on Stern vaulting Stranger Things Premium. Joel Engelberth just did a very informative interview with George Gomez where they talked about Stranger Things and George mentioned "maybe" re-visiting it.

Relevant discussion starts at around the 49:00 minute mark, but the whole video is definitely worth a watch.

#16952 1 year ago

Wow thats a pretty strong maybe from Gomez. Imagine a reconfigured TK lock, and UV kit on another run of Premiums? Instant sellout.

#16953 1 year ago
Quoted from jk2171:

Wow thats a pretty strong maybe from Gomez. Imagine a reconfigured TK lock, and UV kit on another run of Premiums? Instant sellout.

He also said that Bond 60th would be revealed weeks ago, just like any other re-make rumor take it with a grain of salt.

#16954 1 year ago

I think TK lock improvement, sounded like projector improvement maybe. uv kit as standard would make sense although not mentioned, betting Elvira pricing and not standard premium pricing for that though. Would potentially be interested in upgrading from my pro, but the gameplay is basically the same so I’d have to think about it more

#16955 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

He also said that Bond 60th would be revealed weeks ago, just like any other re-make rumor take it with a grain of salt.

Operative word: maybe

#16956 1 year ago

Feels like time for an Xmas miracle.

One last try, looking to see if anyone may want to trade STh LE for JP LE with topper and shooter. I’ll pay a tier 7 donation to pinside. Thank you!

#16957 1 year ago

Looking for diff place to put spinning arcade sign. Trying for closer to front if anyone has pics. Thx to chuckwurt I have lanes dialed in. I don’t usually do a lot of mods but the communication wall, blazer and spinning arcade and lastly mirror blades make the pro look great.

#16958 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking for diff place to put spinning arcade sign. Trying for closer to front if anyone has pics. Thx to chuckwurt I have lanes dialed in. I don’t usually do a lot of mods but the communication wall, blazer and spinning arcade and lastly mirror blades make the pro look great.

20221222_213548 (resized).jpg20221222_213548 (resized).jpg
20221222_213559 (resized).jpg20221222_213559 (resized).jpg

That little corner at the end of the shooter lane is pretty much Hawkins town. Everything after the shooter lane is Hawkins Lab (w. Medisinyl).

#16959 1 year ago

I like that position. Haven’t seen that before.

#16960 1 year ago

Cheers! I had to brainstorm some placement options once I put Medisinyl's lab in... A spinning arcade sign and Dig Dug in the middle of a bloodied Hawkins Lab would have been a bit... discordant...

#16961 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Cheers! I had to brainstorm some placement options once I put Medisinyl's lab in... A spinning arcade sign and Dig Dug in the middle of a bloodied Hawkins Lab would have been a bit... discordant...

Looks great. Hawkins signs are great but very $$$

#16962 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]
That little corner at the end of the shooter lane is pretty much Hawkins town. Everything after the shooter lane is Hawkins Lab (w. Medisinyl).

Does your dig dug make beeping sound in attract mode?

#16963 1 year ago

Funny how Stern jacks prices way up and then all of a sudden is interested in actually building things again.

How much was Stranger Things Premium the last time it was built? 8K?

Still, if it'll crush the secondary market I'm all for it. I'd love to have one.

Hope they do it before the last season debuts.

#16964 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Sorry, but that is overkill. WAY too many toys on the pf. Looks like a kid's toy box.

#16965 1 year ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Sorry, but that is overkill. WAY too many toys on the pf. Looks like a kid's toy box.

*Shrug* it works for me. Cheers!

(You should see my Godzilla.)

#16966 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Does your dig dug make beeping sound in attract mode?

It does, yes!

#16967 1 year ago

VAULT baby lets go!!!!

Seasons 3/4/5 would be unreal!

#16968 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

VAULT baby lets go!!!!
Seasons 3/4/5 would be unreal!

if they did they it wouldn't be a vault, it'd be a sequel

#16969 1 year ago

It would be amazing if they created a sequel that could interact with the first ST pin. Just imagine a 2-8 player interactive collaborative game with both machines sitting side by side.

#16970 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

OR Sterns 1st paid DLC.......

#16971 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Well that’s just fine too.

#16972 1 year ago

Finally had a chance to dial in my “new to me” pin. It’s been a couple years since I did it to mine.

Tk lock, Demogorgan spacers, burn it back saucer we’re all out of wack. only took about an hour but it’s remarkable how much it changes the gameplay. Having to bash the Demogorgan to death is exhausting.

#16973 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Finally had a chance to dial in my “new to me” pin. It’s been a couple years since I did it to mine.
Tk lock, Demogorgan spacers, burn it back saucer we’re all out of wack. only took about an hour but it’s remarkable how much it changes the gameplay. Having to bash the Demogorgan to death is exhausting.

The saucer always seems to drift back on mine. Adjustments only seem to last a dozen games. Any tips?

#16974 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

The saucer always seems to drift back on mine. Adjustments only seem to last a dozen games. Any tips?

Lock tite on the nuts on those posts once you get the hood where you want it.

#16975 1 year ago

So is the saucer eject supposed to complete the burn it back shot? Mine doesn’t do that. It fires into the drops. If the drops happen to be down it will go part of the way up the burn it back shot, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it go all the way around.

#16976 1 year ago
Quoted from rawbars:

So is the saucer eject supposed to complete the burn it back shot?

No. It’s supposed to go into the right drop targets.

#16977 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. It’s supposed to go into the right drop targets.

Ok now I’m confused. I adjusted mine to complete the burn it back loop. In your video at the 1:35 mark that’s what you said to do . Did I drink too much egg nog today ?

#16978 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Ok now I’m confused. I adjusted mine to complete the burn it back loop. In your video at the 1:35 mark that’s what you said to do . Did I drink too much egg nog today ?

They asked if it was intended to go around the loop. It isn’t. Doesn’t mean it’s not awesome if you adjust your game to do that.

#16979 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They asked if it was intended to go around the loop. It isn’t. Doesn’t mean it’s not awesome if you adjust your game to do that.

You should add a comment to your video. Everyone watching that is lead to believe that they should adjust their game to do that. I tried it that way for a while… then put it back to hitting the targets.

#16980 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

You should add a comment to your video. Everyone watching that is lead to believe that they should adjust their game to do that. I tried it that way for a while… then put it back to hitting the targets.

Yeah that would’ve helped. Oh well.

When I made the video I assumed that was intended. Then talking to Eddy later I found out it wasn’t intended. Says it was to safely hit some drops from time to time.

#16981 1 year ago

I think it’s awesome getting the game to do that from the left scoop. I mainly have pains with the exit from the left mystery shot hitting the slingshot. The burn it back returns to the left flipper.
The right feed hits the rubber below the gate and usually bounces over to the left flipper which isn’t so bad.

#16982 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Can't remember who it was in .. the Godzilla thread(?) who mentioned using vinyl car wraps instead of powder coating, but my thanks to them...
Wrapped my lockdown bar and sides in a $19 roll of Vvivid+ gloss Psycho Purple. Not perfect, but it's certainly a low cost alternative to powder coating.

Since I had some extra material left over, had a whirl at trying to wrap my PinPeg as well. The shape is challenging. It's not perfect, but it can be done, cheers!

20221225_142031 (resized).jpg20221225_142031 (resized).jpg

#16983 1 year ago

Can someone share a picture of the PRE/LE apron/drain area facing the drain/projector? Specifically, I'm trying to locate exactly where the stock projector shines through the apron. Thanks

#16984 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinash:

Can someone share a picture of the PRE/LE apron/drain area facing the drain/projector? Specifically, I'm trying to locate exactly where the stock projector shines through the apron. Thanks

045921DC-B6DE-41AE-BBF4-265F4DB306BF (resized).jpeg045921DC-B6DE-41AE-BBF4-265F4DB306BF (resized).jpeg70DBCB06-E215-4DC9-891C-B5DA145C5844 (resized).jpeg70DBCB06-E215-4DC9-891C-B5DA145C5844 (resized).jpegE6F87B19-BBCE-4C9B-8EC7-69C37C84E47E (resized).jpegE6F87B19-BBCE-4C9B-8EC7-69C37C84E47E (resized).jpeg
#16986 1 year ago

Thanks coasterguy cfh !!

#16987 1 year ago

Joined the LE club last week!

67A4D5DD-5945-48B1-91EF-7C93715C4047 (resized).jpeg67A4D5DD-5945-48B1-91EF-7C93715C4047 (resized).jpegE53DDD51-DE51-4578-BB97-88E8D29D155C (resized).jpegE53DDD51-DE51-4578-BB97-88E8D29D155C (resized).jpegE7C91881-9422-489E-88D4-F618D4FA37C2 (resized).jpegE7C91881-9422-489E-88D4-F618D4FA37C2 (resized).jpeg
#16988 1 year ago

Someone must have sadly passed away. Or slipped into the upside-down. Seems to be the only way to get one.

#16989 1 year ago
Quoted from Dan1733:

Someone must have sadly passed away. Or slipped into the upside-down. Seems to be the only way to get one.

…has anyone seen Barb?

#16990 1 year ago

She's at the Sunnyvale Trailer Park.

#16991 1 year ago

Does anyone know how f there is a setting to change how often mystery award gives bullsh1t mode? I’ve played 60 games and haven’t seen it yet

#16992 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Does anyone know how f there is a setting to change how often mystery award gives bullsh1t mode? I’ve played 60 games and haven’t seen it yet

I don't remember (been a while since I had STh), but is there a family setting in the system menu? If that's on, it could be blocking it. On Iron Maiden, for example, it turns off the extra ball animation of eddie ripping the extra ball out of his chest if you have the content limiter on.

#16993 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

You can put it in comp mode. Then it will be the 4th award every time.

And yeah. If there is an adult mode, make sure that’s on.

#16994 1 year ago

George Gomez spoke about stranger things on the recent 'just another pinball podcast' episode 35 [12/26/22] at the 49min mark.

Joel asked about the stranger things projector and the novelty of the projection mapping. Will you do it again?

George noted that STh kills on location and is one of their best earning games. He noted that Brian, Lonnie, and Mike V did an amazing job with what at they had to work with. (Inferring the assets were limited?)

He noted STh is difficult to manufacture. He noted premiums are in demand and "you may see those again, and if we ever revisit that we could do a better job with the TK lock, since they struggled to get consistent performance with the lock". (TK Lock 2.0? Can I swap it with my TK lock 1.0?)

George noted they went through many iterations of projectors to perfect those and working out the mounting, etc. was a ton of work, and the projectors have been working reliably, and they had more issues with the TK lock.

As far as using the projector or UV lights on future titles, he noted they were integrated into the stranger things theme, and they don't fit with other themes so no plans to use those on new titles.

- George is a designer/dreamer so I would not read too much into his 'we may make more'. (Maybe Netflix will decide to drop some zeros off their licensing fee? LOL) Earlier in the interview when talking about 007, they talked about bill of materials and how the licensing does not affect the BOM but is a cost added on to final price. Considering that statement, a STh vault edition would be pretty pricey if it happened.

#16995 1 year ago

Do the mystery awards have bugs still? It awarded me more time when not in a mode and it awarded a chapter start and never started one.

#16996 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Do the mystery awards have bugs still? It awarded me more time when not in a mode and it awarded a chapter start and never started one.

Not really that I’ve seen. Add Time when no modes are going is usually when 2x scoring is active. Not sure what the Add Chapter could be other than I know if there’s a lot going on / if you’re rapid-fire awarding mysteries the animations and results can get pretty lagged.

The main funny business I’ve seen is not getting Add Time as my first mystery award when having a mode going - seems like I see that more often now, enough to 100% know I didn’t already get add time awarded in some cases.

#16997 1 year ago

I posted a parts ad in the marketplace for a “promium” apron conversion.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148742

Added 15 months ago:

Claimed by a mouth breather

#16998 1 year ago

Hi guys I’m a recent purchaser of a Stranger Things LE and we love the game. However, I have been looking for replacement decals and a projector for three months and never found them. All of a sudden Pinball Life has full sets and hi wear replacement sets of Stranger Things decals in stock!!! I just bought five of each and they have the projector in stock and the projector power supply card. And I found a complete Demagorgon assembly available on Cointaker! I was so excited I found them I wanted you all to know and forgive me if someone has already posted this but I could’ve sworn I checked Pinball life multiple times and they never had them in stock until today.

#16999 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sorry for the stupid question but what is the burn back saucer?

#17000 1 year ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

my mystery gate snapped and I'm having trouble finding a replacement. sent a msg to distro but does anyone have a quicker solution.

Pinball Life just had the part in stock a week ago. I ordered one and have received it. I don’t see it in stock now but here’s the part number. I assume they’ll get it again.

535-2319-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,409 posts in this topic. You are on page 340 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/340?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.