IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 448.
#1601 4 years ago

So I bought an inclinometer off of amazon and got my machine to 6.1° pitch and the bubble level is just about in the center. Just a little off. I played my machine to see how the new pitch would affect gameplay. WOW!!! It’s much harder now. I mean it plays super fast !!! I’m not used to that. I’ve had my game for a month now and I just finally got the pitch somewhat close and I can’t believe it plays like a totally different game now !!

#1602 4 years ago

Maybe they'll large scale manufacture an SE model with the uv kit installed.

#1603 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

I love Stern games, have 2 NIB SW Prem and JP Prem this year, think Brian Eddy and Mike Vinikour are awesome people and designers, Love Stranger Things and Love, love, frickin' love the Hobby. Now that being said, I can't abide this marketing technique. I can accept buying unfinished code - it's a decision you make after seeing a Stream or playing at a barcade with an expectation it will improve or not, but you know what you are getting upfront...but hidden design features? Not a mod, a feature (holes are pre-drilled in the ramps and UV ink in the playfield). That's a key importance. This sets the stage for future pins. Where do the hidden features end going forward? Today it's GI lighting...what is is tomorrow - Mech movement function? Flipper usage? Mechanical Ball lock access? Ramp addon? Code Update Subscriptions? This is what killed Video Gaming for me...It started just like this with Call of Duty Loot Boxes...one day you upgraded based on skill, then next you were unlocking progress and features for $$$. Some will say it's marketing...But there is good marketing and bad marketing. Will this make money? Heck yeah, if you own ST right now, you have to buy this or your game is unfinished..you can't unsee what you know exists embedded into your game. You already paid 5600-9100, what's $270 more...that's the thinking...the problem is, it does real world damage to expectations and trust. What else is in my future NIB game that I don't know about, that I will have to pay for that 'used to be' a feature set?

So this isn't about hating on a game or people...It's about perceptions. I actually want to buy this game in the future as I see more improvements and the UV turned the upside down into what I wanted to begin with...I'm just unhappy with the entire way this roll out occurred.

I'm more in the camp that this wasn't listed as a feature when I agreed to purchase my LE, so I can't really complain too much about having the option for such a cool upgrade.

That being said, thank you for your well thought out and well stated points. These are the types of opinions I enjoy reading on pinside whether I agree or disagree. Much better than the constant barrage of one liners over and over from the same "funny" guys.

#1604 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

So I bought an inclinometer off of amazon and got my machine to 6.1° pitch and the bubble level is just about in the center. Just a little off. I played my machine to see how the new pitch would affect gameplay. WOW!!! It’s much harder now. I mean it plays super fast !!! I’m not used to that. I’ve had my game for a month now and I just finally got the pitch somewhat close and I can’t believe it plays like a totally different game now !!

What was it at before? Mines currently at 6.5 at the flippers and it's quite tough. Thinking about backing it down to 6.3 which is where I had it for a long while. I just wish it didn't hit the left sling every single time coming out of the mystery shot. Would probably have to be close to 7 degrees to have that not hit.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

What was it at before? Mines currently at 6.5 at the flippers and it's quite tough. Thinking about backing it down to 6.3 which is where I had it for a long while. I just wish it didn't hit the left sling every single time coming out of the mystery shot. Would probably have to be close to 7 degrees to have that not hit.

I don’t think it’s a pitch issue. Mines been at 6.0,6.5, and not 7.0. Never hit the sling once.

Try adjusting the ball guide over there to tray and send the ball more towards the middle of the playfield.

#1606 4 years ago

It was like 5° before I actually dialed it in. Seems very hard to play now. Just incredibly fast

#1607 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think it’s a pitch issue. Mines been at 6.0,6.5, and not 7.0. Never hit the sling once.
Try adjusting the ball guide over there to tray and send the ball more towards the middle of the playfield.

hmm, ok I'll take a look at that as well. I can sometimes nudge the machine and get it to miss but it's not cleanly coming out of the mystery and riding along the guide. Makes two bounces along the guide then lands on the left sling. Maybe I need to have a little left lean in it as well

#1608 4 years ago

hmm, ok I'll take a look at that as well. I can sometimes nudge the machine and get it to miss but it's not cleanly coming out of the mystery and riding along the guide. Makes two bounces along the guide then lands on the left sling. Maybe I need to have a little left lean in it as well

Closely watch what the post is doing when it releases the ball too. That might tell you something as well.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It was like 5° before I actually dialed it in. Seems very hard to play now. Just incredibly fast

5 degrees is nuts. Haha. I’m sure it’s crazy fast now comparably.

#1610 4 years ago

On the lane guides, are your machines on the right middle orbit behind the the small target on the left side of the right ramp? Wondering if I should adjust it so a miss hit or saucer shot to that area, the ball doesn't hit the back of the target rolling back down?

#1611 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

That wasn’t a price increase for this game, it was a price increase as of 2020. If you ordered the game before 2020 you didn’t pay the $100 increase, or at least that’s how my distro explained it to me.

I picked up a Stranger Things pro for my friend and paid the extra $100 on 12/23/19.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

On the lane guides, are your machines on the right middle orbit behind the the small target on the left side of the right ramp?

Yes. Should feed the left flipper when it hits off the back of the target.

#1613 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I picked up a Stranger Things pro for my friend and paid the extra $100 on 12/23/19.

That’s weird.... perhaps some distros rolled it out early?

4E1FA94B-8C05-4F25-94AD-5A6FA45E90F2 (resized).jpeg4E1FA94B-8C05-4F25-94AD-5A6FA45E90F2 (resized).jpeg
#1615 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Closely watch what the post is doing when it releases the ball too. That might tell you something as well.

I was just watching the twitch stream from yesterday and mine is doing exactly what that machine was doing. maybe 8 out of 10 times it hits the sling.

#1616 4 years ago

I was just watching the twitch stream from yesterday and mine is doing exactly what that machine was doing. maybe 8 out of 10 times it hits the sling.

Mine does it zero out of 10 times. Just needs some tweaking.

#1617 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I think Kman made a good point: wondering if you can just ask them to have UV kit installed when you order it, and pay the money for it. If Stern won't do that, it's stupid.

No it was a stupid point.

1) Stern doesn't build to order. Stern takes stocking orders from distributors.
2) The angst over having to 'open up a game' is self-serving non-sense. I guess he and his sheep forgot what it takes to actually setup a NIB game? You know, the whole lifting 250lb things, bolting stuff together, opening the PF, removing shipping materials, tweaking things, checking for issues, etc. If someone isn't up for that, they should be using a retailer that offers onsite setup and services... not drop shipping games and parts.

It was completely manufactured drama that has no basis in reality. 'Hands off buyers' can use retailers/vendors that offer white glove services if that's what they need. Making something a 'built to order' feature because they don't want to open the game is like giving someone drowning a glass of water.

#1618 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

That’s weird.... perhaps some distros rolled it out early?[quoted image]

No, stern considers STH a 2020 game so it had the price increase.

#1619 4 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I'm more in the camp that this wasn't listed as a feature when I agreed to purchase my LE, so I can't really complain too much about having the option for such a cool upgrade.
That being said, thank you for your well thought out and well stated points. These are the types of opinions I enjoy reading on pinside whether I agree or disagree. Much better than the constant barrage of one liners over and over from the same "funny" guys.

Thank you. People do have a passion for pinball that's for sure . I see the same things at the airlines (I fly for one of the big 3). A company decides to charge for carry on's and change the seat pricing structure to reflect those new options. It's sold as a choice to the customers, but in reality it's goal is to make money. I can't fault Stern at all for making money. They aren't in this business for good will, they are trying to turn an increased profit. The difference in the airlines is there is competition to keep runaway marketing in check to an extent. So Airline A starts to charge for bags, Airline B follows suit...so on an so on..But Airline C comes along and offers free bags as a marketing move, but they change their pricing structure to match the now "free bags". So the competition drives the direction of perception. The key being they are now competing with each other than directly with the consumer.

Pinball has an unchecked marketing motive. Due to their surviving status from the Pinball death days, Stern has emerged the sole victor of manufacturing and licensing. This power, while normally tested with competition, is instead tested in its sales figures on each new Pin release. Stern, left without a large manufacturing competitor, has no other course but to increase profits year after year. I really hope companies like Deep Root and Haggis (playfields) emerge as competition to Stern not only to drive innovation, but to increase quality and set limits of what the sales market will take without using the consumer base as an emotional response test bed.

It's better for everyone in the long run...more quality and fair pricing to the consumer, increased industry interest, and the focus shifted away from one company (Stern in this case) as the monopolistic bully in the room.

#1620 4 years ago

5.0 degree slope? How do you even do that? Did you have front jacked up and back all the way down. I believe with all legs levelers flat most stern pins sit at 6-6.5....

#1621 4 years ago

anyone mind sharing the price the paid for a premium? pm is fine im just curious.

#1622 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

5.0 degree slope? How do you even do that? Did you have front jacked up and back all the way down. I believe with all legs levelers flat most stern pins sit at 6-6.5....

Yes. This. Exactly. I didn’t know what I was doing.

#1623 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

It’s common practice to incrementally raise rates annually as business costs commonly increase. Most everyone gets a cost of living increase every year.

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

it was a price increase as of 2020. If you ordered the game before 2020 you didn’t pay the $100 increase

stern is up against it.

minimum wage in the state of illinois rose $1/hr on jan 1 2020, will increase another .75 mid year, and an additional $1 on jan 1 2021; a total increase of $2.75 in a mere calendar years time.
illinoisminwage (resized).pngillinoisminwage (resized).png

#1624 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Mine does it zero out of 10 times. Just needs some tweaking.

I adjusted the incline back to 6.3 degrees at the flippers and now it's not hitting the slings at all. Looks like it's having enough time to settle and be directed away. Still can't hit the demo in the mouth but glad I can at least kill it now.

I think the bonus and scoring has been adjusted some as well. My scores were generally in the 150-200 mil range before the update at 6.5 degrees. Now it's more like in the 90-130 mil range at 6.3.

#1625 4 years ago

Okay cool. Glad that it’s feeding better. That’s an annoying one for sure.

Scoring is lower in the upside down for sure. Haven’t seen much else but only played a few times on new code.

#1626 4 years ago

I played stranger things for the first time last night and the ball kept getting stuck in the area between the left ramp and the projector. Is this common, or does the machine just need tweaking?

#1627 4 years ago

The machine needs tweaking. It's a common issue easily resolved.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I played stranger things for the first time last night and the ball kept getting stuck in the area between the left ramp and the projector. Is this common, or does the machine just need tweaking?

Yep the one way gate to the left of the demo needs tweaking and the one way gate that goes to the mystery target is the same one that JP uses for the raptor pit. Slow rollers can get caught there.

#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

None of us in here are saying that. Just wish we didn’t have to pay for this awesome feature. What’s wrong with that?

How many owners are complaining?

#1630 4 years ago

Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit

- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe

- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)

Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners

Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)

***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch

IMG_7569.JPGIMG_7569.JPG

#1631 4 years ago

Can anyone here tell me how this one way gate is supposed to be oriented correctly here. I finally was able to gain access to it, but for the life of me can’t figure out which way it’s supposed to go in here.

D19A978D-6162-4641-B70A-2F5002F22F48 (resized).jpegD19A978D-6162-4641-B70A-2F5002F22F48 (resized).jpeg
#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Can anyone here tell me how this one way gate is supposed to be oriented correctly here. I finally was able to gain access to it, but for the life of me can’t figure out which way it’s supposed to go in here.[quoted image]

Flip it around. At least that’s how mine is. Hook shaped side towards the flippers. Straight side pointing towards the mystery target.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit
- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe
- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)
Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners
Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)
***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch
[quoted image]

Does the premium kit fit on the pro? Could be a way for pro owners to update to a metal apron.

#1634 4 years ago

This doesn’t seem right ?

271C1F4E-F4C6-4947-B237-714A26F32772 (resized).jpeg271C1F4E-F4C6-4947-B237-714A26F32772 (resized).jpeg
#1635 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does the premium kit fit on the pro? Could be a way for pro owners to update to a metal apron.

Isn't the mounting spots and hardware different between the two? Regardless I'm sure it can work with the right hardware. Also sldnt the pro kit be slightly cheaper (25-40) bc it uses the plastic non powder coated aprons?

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Isn't the mounting spots and hardware different between the two? Regardless I'm sure it can work with the right hardware. Also sldnt the pro kit be slightly cheaper (25-40) bc it uses the plastic non powder coated aprons?

I think the mounting points and plastics are all the same.

#1637 4 years ago

So I work at "CSI" and have an old Forensic light source that we do not use any more (Quaser 2000/30). I just had to dig it out to see the hidden artwork on the play field. I used the spectrum for UV 340-413 and you could see some of the artwork come out. Sorry that the clip is not very structured I just filmed what I saw but there is a lot of hidden stuff there. Very cool.

#1638 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not 100% sure but I think the aprons are mounted different, especially now that the Prem/LE has projector mounting on it

#1639 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the mounting points and plastics are all the same.

I thought the plastic ones use posts under where the apron cards are and the metal lock in with tabs and screws on the playfield supports. At least they use too

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not 100% sure but I think the aprons are mounted different, especially now that the Prem/LE has projector mounting on it

Projector is under the apron but attached to the playfield. But now that you mention it, the metal apron has posts in the front that go through the playfield. The pro playfields might not be able to accept that.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I thought the plastic ones use posts under where the apron cards are and the metal lock in with tabs and screws on the playfield supports. At least they use too

I think you’re right. They mount differently.

#1642 4 years ago

Bought my kit. This Dude abides!

#1643 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Bought my kit. This Dude abides!

I bought mine to.. Picking on my LE tomo

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

This doesn’t seem right ?[quoted image]

The right side has to go through and the hook curls around the back of the bracket to help it not swing too much.

#1645 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

This doesn’t seem right ?[quoted image]

Just had this apart myself. here ya go

IMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_113920112 (resized).jpg
#1646 4 years ago

Just had this apart myself. here ya go[quoted image]

OMG!!! Thank you brother!!! That made all the difference in the world!! I was looping that hook end all wrong !! Wow!! I love this forum.

#1647 4 years ago

Unboxed LE number 234 tonight.
1/31/2020 born on date on back.
Love Love Love it!!!
A few highlights:
Ball coming down left side goes directly to left flipper and not to slings. My game is at 6.8 pitch. Demogorgon is great, in my opinion. You can hit him or hit a perfect shot and blow that sucker up.
Lock on left ramp worked 90% of the time and only missed locking once out of many many games. Yep, one decal fell off the targets already. Who cares. Man I think this game is going to be out of this world with code and more call outs.

18082071-5D3B-42EC-B97E-EAF37DE84B5F (resized).jpeg18082071-5D3B-42EC-B97E-EAF37DE84B5F (resized).jpeg535CCCDA-3BCE-420A-AEAB-7D397BD604C8 (resized).jpeg535CCCDA-3BCE-420A-AEAB-7D397BD604C8 (resized).jpegC4E9D4F8-203B-4AEE-A49C-451FACE22278 (resized).jpegC4E9D4F8-203B-4AEE-A49C-451FACE22278 (resized).jpeg
#1649 4 years ago

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.

(In reference to the two pages of UV debate)

#1650 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

I bought mine to.. Picking on my LE tomo

Me too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/33?hl=foobeer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.