IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 449.
#16851 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The main difference is the pro kit has a plastic apron, and the premium a metal apron.
They were the same price originally so for Pro owners it was a pretty good way to upgrade into a metal apron for "free".

Alright gotcha, thanks for the explanation! If I have a premium pin I could get a pro kit and not use the plastic apron then I assume.

#16852 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Alright gotcha, thanks for the explanation! If I have a premium pin I could get a pro kit and not use the plastic apron then I assume.

I imagine so - there are some UV LED strips on the apron itself so it might take some minor surgery. Not sure if there's any other differences that would make it more of a pain.

#16853 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my figures from Etsy![quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered the same ones…how did you attach them to the other mod?

#16854 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I just glued them with E6000 adhesive. Not sure how well they will hold, especially when lifting the playfield. Time will tell. Hopefully no air balls hit them.

#16855 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just glued them with E6000 adhesive. Not sure how well they will hold, especially when lifting the playfield. Time will tell. Hopefully no air balls hit them.

Did they come mounted on a plate or are they removable? From the pics on Etsy, it looks as though there is a base.

#16856 1 year ago

Anyone get the lit flippers? If so, thoughts?

#16857 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Did they come mounted on a plate or are they removable? From the pics on Etsy, it looks as though there is a base.

They have a pinball Version. Doesn’t come with bases

#16858 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Mine did not have a base.

#16859 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I was the one that originally ordered these figures from the Etsy seller for my Medisynyl mod. I had him make them without the bases and we worked on scaling the figures to fit and match Medisynl's mod.

I attached them with small, double sided tape which has worked well so far. For others interested in purchasing the figures, he has a listing now specifically for the pinball machine and mod without the base and the dimensions of the figures (see link below). Just check his Etsy site. Great seller to work with.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1354543525/set-of-3-figures-kit-for-pinball-machine

#16860 1 year ago

Just ordered a set. Great addition to the mod.

#16861 1 year ago

Hello all, this is Dan from Blood Lords Rpg, I make the figs that have been featured on the thread. I run a small hobby business in West Virginia that features fan art of popular models of many different sizes for many different applications. Id be happy to make some for you if you're interested. Here is the correct etsy link to the product.:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1354543525/set-of-3-figures-kit-for-pinball-machine?click_key=9b827149fddee21f655598ba5f067332f0049b31%3A1354543525&click_sum=7d7d1e54&ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1&sts=1

It includes 2 demodogs, and 1 demogorgon. I worked with Utesichiban a member of this community to get the exact measurements so that the figures would fit perfectly into the machine's environment, and I also spoke with Medisinyl to make sure he was ok with me selling this companion mod to his mod, and he gave me his blessing.

I do business primarily on etsy, but im open to custom orders. I print the models on my resin printer and paint everything by hand. I can scale things by working with you, the pinball pros.

I'm new to this community, I'm primarily a figure maker. I dont know how useful my work could be outside of the stranger things machine, but I'd be happy to work with the community on other machines that may feature figures.

Thank You

download (resized).pngdownload (resized).png
#16862 1 year ago
Quoted from BloodLordsminis:

Hello all, this is Dan from Blood Lords Rpg, I make the figs that have been featured on the thread. I run a small hobby business in West Virginia that features fan art of popular models of many different sizes for many different applications. Id be happy to make some for you if you're interested. Here is the correct etsy link to the product.:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1354543525/set-of-3-figures-kit-for-pinball-machine?click_key=9b827149fddee21f655598ba5f067332f0049b31%3A1354543525&click_sum=7d7d1e54&ref=shop_home_feat_1&frs=1&sts=1
It includes 2 demodogs, and 1 demogorgon. I worked with Utesichiban a member of this community to get the exact measurements so that the figures would fit perfectly into the machine's environment, and I also spoke with Medisinyl to make sure he was ok with me selling this companion mod to his mod, and he gave me his blessing.
I do business primarily on etsy, but im open to custom orders. I print the models on my resin printer and paint everything by hand. I can scale things by working with you, the pinball pros.
I'm new to this community, I'm primarily a figure maker. I dont know how useful my work could be outside of the stranger things machine, but I'd be happy to work with the community on other machines that may feature figures.
Thank You
[quoted image]

I’m Kyle, just reordered your set after I ordered the wrong one(s) initially. Your art could be applied to countless pinballs (lord of the rings and Hobbit just off the top of my head). I would suggest creating a new thread in the forum offering your services, you’d be amazed at how wonderful this community is!!
Good luck man, can’t wait to get my figures…even though I’m still 80+ away on the Medisinyl mod!! Lol.

#16863 1 year ago

Just noticed a chip in my clear coat by the saucer. What can I do to prevent further damage? Would some mylar to cover it do the trick or should I do more?

image_50441985 (resized).JPGimage_50441985 (resized).JPGimage_67202817 (resized).JPGimage_67202817 (resized).JPG
#16864 1 year ago
Quoted from smollig:

Just noticed a chip in my clear coat by the saucer. What can I do to prevent further damage? Would some mylar to cover it do the trick or should I do more?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, I'd mylar around the edge of that saucer (and would recommend to anyone else that hasn't to do this too).

I've also had clear chipping out of the inside of the saucer (which it looks like the back of the saucer hole on yours is as well) so I'd recommend mylaring that too.

#16865 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

I’m Kyle, just reordered your set after I ordered the wrong one(s) initially.

Heh, I did the exact same thing. Mine arrived staggeringly quickly. I ended up going with Blood Lords's demo dogs, but Hallmark for the Demogorgon, primarily for scale against an Eleven figure I also had.

20221208_154233 (resized).jpg20221208_154233 (resized).jpg

The demodog figure looks amazing in the back, there. Also on the left, for me:

20221208_153953 (resized).jpg20221208_153953 (resized).jpg

It's worth noting that Blood Lords's Demogorgon mini is FAR more detailed than the Hallmark ornament on my machine. But for Eleven I totally would have placed it.

#16866 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Heh, I did the exact same thing. Mine arrived staggeringly quickly. I ended up going with Blood Lords's demo dogs, but Hallmark for the Demogorgon, primarily for scale against an Eleven figure I also had.
[quoted image]
The demodog figure looks amazing in the back, there. Also on the left, for me:
[quoted image]
It's worth noting that Blood Lords's Demogorgon mini is FAR more detailed than the Hallmark ornament on my machine. But for Eleven I totally would have placed it.

While I dig the appearance, and all for what BloodLord is doing, just a fair warning that these will create ball traps, where the mod is designed to have the ball return to the playfield or ramp returns if it lands on any platform.

But if others are happy with that tradeoff, then I'm happy

#16867 1 year ago
Quoted from smollig:Would some mylar to cover it do the trick or should I do more?

I recommend all owners mylar:
Around the saucer edge
Behind the saucer edge
Shooter lane
Drain edge

Also keep an eye on the drop target edges and the factory mylar where the ramp comes down.

#16868 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

Anyone else want the translite set mod? Have a set here that I got made and havent heard back from person including the updside down game plate.
Send me a pm if interested...thankyou.

Quoted from smollig:

Been trying to get cliify to make a protector for it. I need to get him some measurements.

#16869 1 year ago

Sooooo... the "bicycle" path on my pin (left spinner to right ramp exit) is no longer registering... On switch test that path only triggers left spinner and then right return lane (after it drops from that right ramp). Having a hard time determining what switch is supposed to be triggered? Can someone tell me which switch that path is supposed to trigger?

(Is it 45? "Back ramp exit?")

#16870 1 year ago

It’s the micro switch in the back right corner where the ball goes from the playfield to the ramp return. Adjust that.

#16871 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s the micro switch in the back right corner where the ball goes from the playfield to the ramp return. Adjust that.

Shall do, thanks kindly...

#16872 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

While I dig the appearance, and all for what BloodLord is doing, just a fair warning that these will create ball traps, where the mod is designed to have the ball return to the playfield or ramp returns if it lands on any platform.

I guess I don't get the airballs you're referencing. I've played quite a bit since installing the figures and haven't had any traps. Never had balls flying around up there before installing Medisynyl's mod either.

The demogorgon figure doesn't have to be put where I chose. At 3.5 inches, it would probably fit okay on the back right corner as well. The dogs would fit just about anywhere on the platforms. Not saying it couldn't happen but if the ball is flying up around the platforms for some reason anyway, the figures acting as a ball trap would be the least of my concerns. Just my two cents.

#16873 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Is that mod for Stranger Things available? recently re-acquired owner here so late to this party

#16874 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Is that mod for Stranger Things available? recently re-acquired owner here so late to this party

Very long wait-list, but more information here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I guess I don't get the airballs you're referencing. I've played quite a bit since installing the figures and haven't had any traps. Never had balls flying around up their before installing Medisynyl's mod either.
The demogorgon figure doesn't have to be put where I chose. At 3.5 inches, it would probably fit okay on the back right corner as well. The dogs would fit just about anywhere on the platforms. Not saying it couldn't happen but if the ball is flying up around the platforms for some reason anyway, the figures acting as a ball trap would be the least of my concerns. Just my two cents.

It's indeed unlikely for an airball to land on objects behind the hazard flashers (especially with the rails), but with 1000s of mods out there over the years, I've come to know the power of numbers will reveal flaws somewhere, and figured it's worth pointing out when I see some permanently affixing these.

Some ball roll tests could help peace of mind with placement, but it's entirely likely that a specific game will never encounter an issue.

#16875 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

You’ll probably kill me….but I don’t even play mine often. I might be the worst pinball owner there is!

#16876 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

It's indeed unlikely for an airball to land on objects behind the hazard flashers (especially with the rails), but with 1000s of mods out there over the years, I've come to know the power of numbers will reveal flaws somewhere, and figured it's worth pointing out when I see some permanently affixing these.

I definitely have frequent airballs up pretty much as far to the upper right corner as is possible - clanking off the top of the ramp plastic cover, etc. Not really on the left side. That BIB loop gets some craziness going off the left flipper.

#16877 1 year ago
Quoted from smollig:

Clear plain (not gel) nail polish to arrest the chip and stop it from spreading. THEN mylar to protect the area.

#16878 1 year ago

Had a game this afternoon where I'd completed the demodog modes, played S2 wizard mode, had S1 wizard mode lit and also had the final demogorgon mode lit. Started the demogorgon mode and upon completion where it drains all the balls, it sat showing my mode score and then...slowly froze to a halt and eventually a reboot.

Had about 4 BIBs until another extra ball too. Would likely have made it to the final wizard mode for the first time (if I avoided the S1 wizard mode crash as well).

This is probably the biggest reason this game's days are numbered in my game room.

#16879 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Had a game this afternoon where I'd completed the demodog modes, played S2 wizard mode, had S1 wizard mode lit and also had the final demogorgon mode lit. Started the demogorgon mode and upon completion where it drains all the balls, it sat showing my mode score and then...slowly froze to a halt and eventually a reboot.
Had about 4 BIBs until another extra ball too. Would likely have made it to the final wizard mode for the first time (if I avoided the S1 wizard mode crash as well).
This is probably the biggest reason this game's days are numbered in my game room.

That’s ultra frustrating. I have been there. I beat the final wizard mode and I was one of the machines with the snowball dance bug. Sold my premium. Bought an LE. Still the best game ever.

I’m assuming your code is updated?

#16880 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

That’s ultra frustrating. I have been there. I beat the final wizard mode and I was one of the machines with the snowball dance bug. Sold my premium. Bought an LE. Still the best game ever.
I’m assuming your code is updated?

Yeah, code is updated. Which I wonder if I could get further if it was a slightly older version - would have the snowball bug then but in theory not the S1 bug (and not sure if the last demogorgon mode that I just ran into is a one-off, or...? Might glass-off test it).

To me the meh saucer shot and the clankiness of the right orbit keep it from being a top-tier fan/two flipper game. I may have been spoiled by having LOTR for years in that respect. It IS fast and fun combo action for the most part. But it's kind of a bummer they likely won't touch up the code any more at this point.

#16881 1 year ago

Why on Earth would Stern/Brian Eddie not want to fix this game?

Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, code is updated. Which I wonder if I could get further if it was a slightly older version - would have the snowball bug then but in theory not the S1 bug (and not sure if the last demogorgon mode that I just ran into is a one-off, or...? Might glass-off test it).
To me the meh saucer shot and the clankiness of the right orbit keep it from being a top-tier fan/two flipper game. I may have been spoiled by having LOTR for years in that respect. It IS fast and fun combo action for the most part. But it's kind of a bummer they likely won't touch up the code any more at this point.

#16882 1 year ago

I don't know if this is a bug in 1.07 but when Bust Out happens if you hold the middle button it closes the door and automatically gives you 5mil. Anyone know if this is intentional?

#16883 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

Anyone know if this is intentional?

Yes.

During Demogorgon Modes, the action button flashes red, and pressing the button will use up the Demogorgon Bomb. Only one Demogorgon Bomb is given per game, and using it will kill the currently active Demogorgon for a reduced value. This also locks in the jackpot value during the two multiball Demogorgon Modes, and does not reduce the Super Jackpot value during those modes.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet/6093#heading--demogorgon

#16884 1 year ago

hold vs press do different things too. Just like godzilla

#16885 1 year ago

I did just notice I have a ball sitting behind the drops re: my Can’t Stop This reset, probably had something to do with it.

#16886 1 year ago

Looking to trade JP LE or DP LE for Sth LE

Let me know if interested. If a match is made, I will made a tier 7 donation to PS.

Thank you in advance.

#16887 1 year ago

Why is everyone selling their LEs? All of a sudden 4 of them up for sale.

#16888 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

I figure they've probably had their fun with them for the past couple of years and are trying to cash out at max market value, which they might've missed at this point, but they're probably not too far off on the downward slide.

#16889 1 year ago

SWAG: Scooby Doo and Bond(s)

#16890 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

They are very valuable. Hard to hold onto something like that forever.

#16891 1 year ago
Quoted from nzwiefka:

I think one guy listed it for a crazy high price, and then other owners thought their machines would actually sell for that much so they put theirs up too.

I'd love to own a Stranger Things but they're very hard to find and overpriced when you do. I wish Stern would do a vault edition or whatever they want to call it, just make a new run of machines (with UV included) and they'll sell.

#16892 1 year ago

Hi folks, two more quick premium "recent owner" questions (and sorry if these have been previously answered; I'm only up to page 41 of the thread. )

1) if the ball gets trapped behind the drops during Upside Down 1, it doesn't do a ball search. Is there any way to release them before the end of the mode?

2) I get intermittently awarded "walkie talkie" inserts and once even had Multiball start after only physically locking two balls. I'm assuming that only the left ramp is supposed to award these? The left ramp exit opto seems to be functioning fine, no triggers even when pounding on the cabinet. I'm assuming it's not triggered by the left ramp entrance opto, since ramp rejects don't earn anything. Is there another sensor that detects ramp shots that are successful? Is it the TK magnet somehow?

#16893 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

2) I get intermittently awarded "walkie talkie" inserts and once even had Multiball start after only physically locking two balls. I'm assuming that only the left ramp is supposed to award these? The left ramp exit opto seems to be functioning fine, no triggers even when pounding on the cabinet. I'm assuming it's not triggered by the left ramp entrance opto, since ramp rejects don't earn anything. Is there another sensor that detects ramp shots that are successful? Is it the TK magnet somehow?

At the start of the game the mystery shot will advance mode shots briefly. If you haven’t hit any shots I think it will start with qualifying walkie talkie shots, but if you do hit a ramp or orbit shot once and then hit mystery, it will award the next shot(s) on that mode progression.

#16894 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

At the start of the game the mystery shot will advance mode shots briefly. If you haven’t hit any shots I think it will start with qualifying walkie talkie shots, but if you do hit a ramp or orbit shot once and then hit mystery, it will award the next shot(s) on that mode progression.

Ahhhh that's good to know, thank you!

#16895 1 year ago

yeah what blizz said, also, yes, i do think there are optos that tell the game how many balls are locked on the magnet

#16896 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

yeah what blizz said, also, yes, i do think there are optos that tell the game how many balls are locked on the magnet

There are. And they can tell the balls location on the magnet.

#16897 1 year ago

Anyone have a solution for when the projected wall sits a bit forward? Kinda makes the image look a bit average

E3851B5A-14D4-4019-91E8-20671718FA7E (resized).jpegE3851B5A-14D4-4019-91E8-20671718FA7E (resized).jpeg
#16898 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Anyone have a solution for when the projected wall sits a bit forward? Kinda makes the image look a bit average
[quoted image]

there are two switches that determine when the ramp stops moving. You can try adjusting the switch so that it engages later when it's closing

#16899 1 year ago

Machine - Wanted
Wanted! - “Looking for a Stranger Things Premium. I've got lots of trade bait for one, see my for sale ads. If you are local in michigan, ohio, Illinois, and indiana let's make a deal. Thanks...”
2023-01-04
Richfield, MI
Wanted
Archived after: 55 days
Viewed: 138 times

#16900 1 year ago

^^^ There was one posted on FB today in Midwest Pinball and Arcade Collectors in IL for $7k plus $70 shipping that I'm sure is totally legit

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/338?hl=bloodlordsminis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.