IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 449.
#16701 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Test with a jumper wire?
I had a wire break about a month in on my NIB Pro on the spinner switch.

how would i go about doing that?

#16702 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I do have a multimeter, can you tell me what to and where to check, and what setting on my meter?

Looking back on the thread, forgot I already had you check this:

"Turn your multimeter to continuity and with the power still off, check from Node 9, connector CN7, pin 2 to the hot side of that coil and see if there's continuity."

And you said there was continuity on the drive side.

So basically do the same thing for the ground side (one probe on each end of the ground wire on the coil in continuity check mode on the multimeter) to see if the ground wire is broken.

#16703 1 year ago

I just got back from the stranger things experience in Atlanta. It was awesome BTW. They had a pro on display... And it has seen better days. The left flipper was locked up most of the time, and the playfield roached...but the good news is the cabinet decals can apparently handle quite alot of abuse. Sorry for the poor images but the lighting in there was bad.
This game was set to free play and has been well abused... Lol.

20221112_130813 (resized).jpg20221112_130813 (resized).jpg20221112_131056 (resized).jpg20221112_131056 (resized).jpg20221112_132519 (resized).jpg20221112_132519 (resized).jpg20221112_132522 (resized).jpg20221112_132522 (resized).jpg20221112_132530 (resized).jpg20221112_132530 (resized).jpg20221112_133131 (resized).jpg20221112_133131 (resized).jpg20221112_133200 (resized).jpg20221112_133200 (resized).jpg20221112_133202 (resized).jpg20221112_133202 (resized).jpg
#16704 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looking back on the thread, forgot I already had you check this:
"Turn your multimeter to continuity and with the power still off, check from Node 9, connector CN7, pin 2 to the hot side of that coil and see if there's continuity."
And you said there was continuity on the drive side.
So basically do the same thing for the ground side (one probe on each end of the ground wire on the coil in continuity check mode on the multimeter) to see if the ground wire is broken.

nothing on the ground side (grey/brown wire) from the drop target coils to the c7 plug the hot side (yellow/blue stripe wires) are good all the way to the c7 plug, the left lane up post coil does have continuity on both the hot (yellow/green stripe wire) and ground plug (grey/brown).

#16705 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

nothing on the ground side (grey/brown wire) from the drop target coils to the c7 plug the hot side (yellow/blue stripe wires) are good all the way to the c7 plug, the left lane up post coil does have continuity on both the hot (yellow/green stripe wire) and ground plug (grey/brown).

So it sounds like you have a broken ground wire then, probably inside the insulation so it's not visually obvious. I'd manually work all the way down that wire, tracing it from the C7 connector to the coil, looking for zip ties that are too tight or crimps. If you can find some obvious place it might have been broken inside the insulation from a too-tight zip tie or other crimp, you can cut and splice it to repair the break, then solder and shrink tube it to finish the repair.

Failing that, it's dead simple to make another ground wire run if you have the connector to put on the C7 end and a soldering iron to replace the one on the coil end.

#16706 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So it sounds like you have a broken ground wire then, probably inside the insulation so it's not visually obvious. I'd manually work all the way down that wire, tracing it from the C7 connector to the coil, looking for zip ties that are too tight or crimps. If you can find some obvious place it might have been broken inside the insulation from a too-tight zip tie or other crimp, you can cut and splice it to repair the break, then solder and shrink tube it to finish the repair.
Failing that, it's dead simple to make another ground wire run if you have the connector to put on the C7 end and a soldering iron to replace the one on the coil end.

Looks like I may need it from the loom side of the plug on the drop target coil to the c7 connector. I will start to undo the zip ties to try and find a break.

#16707 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Looks like I may need it from the loom side of the plug on the drop target coil to the c7 connector. I will start to undo the zip ties to try and find a break.

It may not be obvious. The break can happen inside the insulation from crimps and zip ties so the wire looks ok outside, but the wire inside the insulation (aka the important part) is broken.

#16708 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I just got back from the stranger things experience in Atlanta. It was awesome BTW. They had a pro on display... And it has seen better days. The left flipper was locked up most of the time, and the playfield roached...but the good news is the cabinet decals can apparently handle quite alot of abuse. Sorry for the poor images but the lighting in there was bad.
This game was set to free play and has been well abused... Lol.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow the left scoop is pretty trashed
How bad was the dimpling in the centre where the ramp comes down?

#16709 1 year ago

Hi all, anyone here from Australia that's interested in a new projector I ordered from AMD? They ordered me one from Stern but it took a few months and fearing they were sold out from what I had read on here, I bought one from a US website before I heard AMD managed to source one. If anyone wants to buy this please inbox me

#16710 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Wow the left scoop is pretty trashed
How bad was the dimpling in the centre where the ramp comes down?

At that point the entire playfield was so dimpled that it all evened out and wasn't very obvious.

#16711 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

At that point the entire playfield was so dimpled that it all evened out and wasn't very obvious.

I'll bet it's the one that was at the Experience when it was in NY .. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pro-on-freeplay-at-stranger-things-the-experience-nyc#post-6970466

I know they've got multiple locations simultaneously, but I don't think there was one at the San Francisco location, unless somebody can correct me on that .

#16712 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

I'll bet it's the one that was at the Experience when it was in NY .. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-pro-on-freeplay-at-stranger-things-the-experience-nyc#post-6970466
I know they've got multiple locations simultaneously, but I don't think there was one at the San Francisco location, unless somebody can correct me on that .

It could very well be. Although I can see from your pics.. If it is the same game... The shooter lane aged very badly since that was taken. I'll bet it's the same game....

#16713 1 year ago

Hi Guy's ,
Anyone in Australia looking for a spare STRANGER THINGS PROJECTOR N.I.B. delivered from AMD genuine STERN part $550 free postage within AUSTRALIA .
Cheers

#16714 1 year ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi Guy's ,
Anyone in Australia looking for a spare STRANGER THINGS PROJECTOR N.I.B. delivered from AMD genuine STERN part $550 free postage within AUSTRALIA .
Cheers

Message sent

#16715 1 year ago

Deleted

#16716 1 year ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi Guy's ,
Cheers

How did you get it so cheap? I just ordered from AMD and it was $800 + GST

#16717 1 year ago

If anyone is keen on my translite mod drop me a pm. Can do a small run this week.
Led strip and bracketing for rear panel is Diy, I just supply the panels. So you need to be semi handy!

Cheers Kurt

#16718 1 year ago

Does anyone know where I can get a new ramp? Mine took a big hit half way up, right on the front edge and dented during the MB where it lifts up and down. I've bent it back and it plays fine but would like one to replace it really. Thanks

Edit: Part no 510-7792-01

#16719 1 year ago

Noone is selling these huh? $10k pro by xmas or what?

#16720 1 year ago

I waited a long time for one to pop up near me. It never happened. A couple months ago I decided to pull the trigger on a pro with Uv kit, topper, shaker and speaker lights for $7600. Then I paid $800 to have it shipped across the country. At the end of the day I’m glad I did because they are even harder to find now. I still might even be right side up on it at $8400 haha.

#16721 1 year ago

i think anyone that doesn't have the game bolted to the floor is waiting for season 5 hype to be at a fever pitch before they list their game for sale; i know i would

#16722 1 year ago

Got my replacement optos from Stern, all wired to the metal bracket for the up post locks under the left ramp. Installed it, and 1 lock now reads as active, causing the up post to fire till the operator error message pops up. It used to be the 2 lock, so a lateral improvement I guess. Reaching out to Stern to see what to do next. Coming up on 9 months trying to get this fixed. Is there a way to use a multimeter to check the optos for faults? I dont think its a wiring/node issue now that it switched which pair of optos have the issue.

#16723 1 year ago

I have a pro that i bought new in box 4 months ago for 9000.00 then Bought the topper, a few alternate trans lights, flipper coil fan kit, side blades, uv kit. Shooter rod and a few other trinkets. I have over 10k in my pro, but my daughters and i play it every day!

#16724 1 year ago

does anyone have link(s) to these alternate translights?

#16725 1 year ago

Just pm KJS

Quoted from cfh:

does anyone have link(s) to these alternate translights?

#16726 1 year ago

nm

#16727 1 year ago

I got my Pro powder coated this week. I am happy with the result!

ST Powdercoat2 (resized).jpgST Powdercoat2 (resized).jpgST Powdercoat3 (resized).jpgST Powdercoat3 (resized).jpg
#16728 1 year ago

Hi all, I'm trying to replace two of the drop targets on the bank. I can't quite figure out if these are solid white (545-6305-08) or of they are translucent (zitt?) ...

Does anybody know what the most accurate replacement would be? Manual just says "545-6305-xx"

#16729 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Hi all, I'm trying to replace two of the drop targets on the bank. I can't quite figure out if these are solid white (545-6305-08) or of they are translucent (zitt?) ...
Does anybody know what the most accurate replacement would be? Manual just says "545-6305-xx"

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-6305-00

#16730 1 year ago

Thanks kindly, but these are black, cheers... The ones on my premium are either white or translucent... (Thanks though!)

#16731 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

Thanks kindly, but these are black, cheers... The ones on my premium are either white or translucent... (Thanks though!)

I think those on yours are aftermarket. Stock is black targets, I believe. All the press photos show black targets.

Ministry of Pinball was selling the translucent ones, but they're OOS:

https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/pinballmachines/milky-clear-stern-drop-target-545-6305-00.html

Pinball Haus has straight up white ones:
https://pinballhaus.com/shop/parts/playfield-parts/stern-drop-target-545-6305-00-01

Domestically, Planetary pinball has some:

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-545-6305-TW

#16732 1 year ago

outSTANDing! Thank you! And sorry, I hadn't realized these weren't stock, cheers and thanks!

Update: purchased from Planetary Pinball, thanks PinMonk and SonOfaDiddly and apologies for my confusion!

#16733 1 year ago

Has anyone with Hopper Bronco mod having an issue with balls getting stuck between the truck and the flasher cover in the upper right-hand side of the machine? I keep having this issue when I get a demigorgon mode. Up the ramp and stuck! Let me know if anyone has a good fix for this one. Great mod, just hate removing the glass to retrieve the ball!

#16734 1 year ago

I need help please. I took apart my apron to adjust my projector and now I have a left over screw with a black sleeve. Could someone please tell me where it goes. I started this project then got sidetracked and now I can’t remember 2 weeks later.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#16735 1 year ago
Quoted from WannabeWizard:

I need help please. I took apart my apron to adjust my projector and now I have a left over screw with a black sleeve. Could someone please tell me where it goes. I started this project then got sidetracked and now I can’t remember 2 weeks later.
[quoted image]

PXL_20221119_234734406 (resized).jpgPXL_20221119_234734406 (resized).jpg

#16736 1 year ago
Quoted from Paddy-o:

Has anyone with Hopper Bronco mod having an issue with balls getting stuck between the truck and the flasher cover in the upper right-hand side of the machine? I keep having this issue when I get a demigorgon mode. Up the ramp and stuck! Let me know if anyone has a good fix for this one. Great mod, just hate removing the glass to retrieve the ball!

I cut a bit of lexan. Haven’t had a stuck ball since.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

Edit: I did make the bronco mod myself so it may be in a different position

#16738 1 year ago

I'm almost 3000 posts behind on this thread so I apologize in advance.

Does this game still have a code issue that causes resets under certain circumstances? One of my customers was having a 1.4bil game, in a mode and multiball and it reset on him.

#16739 1 year ago

Yup

#16740 1 year ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm almost 3000 posts behind on this thread so I apologize in advance.
Does this game still have a code issue that causes resets under certain circumstances? One of my customers was having a 1.4bil game, in a mode and multiball and it reset on him.

The only known reboot issue I’m aware of would be if you ran v1.06 code and didn’t have insider connect hardware installed. If that’s the case the fix would be upgrade to v1.07 code.

#16741 1 year ago

the mini wizard bug is still there afaik even in 1.07

#16742 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the mini wizard bug is still there afaik even in 1.07

Ah, yeah…if you finish the S2 mini wizard mode I suppose.

Edit: S1 rather - the one with the Demo shot to finish

#16743 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I cut a bit of lexan. Haven’t had a stuck ball since.
[quoted image]
Edit: I did make the bronco mod myself so it may be in a different position

Looking to get a few mods like the hopper truck and dice shooter rod. Not sure if I want the lit shooter or dark. Who sells the bronco mod? Best price on lit Dice shooter?

#16744 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Looking to get a few mods like the hopper truck and dice shooter rod. Not sure if I want the lit shooter or dark. Who sells the bronco mod? Best price on lit Dice shooter?

We sell Hopper's blazer. We have two left and then the mod is likely to be retired unless we can find a steady supply. We may get some in periodically in very small numbers, but they won't be as readily available from us going forward. There are two sizes, the 1:24 is available, but its way too big. We discontinued the camaro for similar reasons, but do have one coming in later this week if anyone is interested.

https://lermods.com/shop-by-game/ols/products/stranger-things-pinball-str-thn-illuminated-flashing-sirens-police-blazer

#16745 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Best price on lit Dice shooter?

I like the D20 shooter rod by Hooked. Does not light up but feels smooth and is not as large as the lighted Stern D20. $65

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p215/Stranger-Things-Pinball-Mod-Die-Shooter-Rod.html#/

Stern lit D20 in stock: $189

https://pinballpro.net/shop/stranger-things-lighted-shooter-rod-stern/

#16746 1 year ago

The stern shooter does not feel great. But looks awesome. I like the bling so fairly happy with it.

#16747 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I like the D20 shooter rod by Hooked. Does not light up but feels smooth and is not as large as the lighted Stern D20. $65
https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p215/Stranger-Things-Pinball-Mod-Die-Shooter-Rod.html#/
Stern lit D20 in stock: $189
https://pinballpro.net/shop/stranger-things-lighted-shooter-rod-stern/

Thx. Getting the one from Hooked. I like the hooper truck from Lermods.Ill prob get it too. Only prob is Im on the list for the Gate wall, Deprivation tank. But Looks like at least a year out

#16748 1 year ago

I have one a friend made me locally. Looks just like the hooked one, but orange.

Pay shipping and it’s yours.

#16749 1 year ago

If you have a 3/8" drill bit, you may be able to replicate pretty closely for relatively cheap... Glow die on Amazon <$10, blank shooter rod is $5, UV LEDs were about $7, and then there's just hooking the LEDs up to a 12V.

20221108_220954 (resized).jpg20221108_220954 (resized).jpg

(Ignore the lighted shooter rod plate; that's unrelated.)

#16750 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

If you have a 3/8" drill bit, you may be able to replicate pretty closely for relatively cheap... Glow die on Amazon <$10, blank shooter rod is $5, UV LEDs were about $7, and then there's just hooking the LEDs up to a 12V.
[quoted image]
(Ignore the lighted shooter rod plate; that's unrelated.)

Looks great!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,415 posts in this topic. You are on page 335 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/335?hl=rx2006je and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.