IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 448.
#16501 1 year ago

In addition if you are curious about the DarkStar9 (aka StarBright9) material, here's some pictures. It's pretty neat stuff. Straight on it looks gray. but from the side it looks black. Pretty nifty stuff. Just wish it didn't cost so much.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar2.jpg

#16502 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

In addition if you are curious about the DarkStar9 (aka StarBright9) material, here's some pictures. It's pretty neat stuff. Straight on it looks gray. but from the side it looks black. Pretty nifty stuff. Just wish it didn't cost so much.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar1.jpg
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/darkstar2.jpg

I've started my install.. here are a couple pics to show you the difference. This is also in the middle of the day in florida. Outside panels done, obviously middle was not. The 2nd to last pic shows it done. Also shown is demodog target with and without.

20221001_153506 (resized).jpg20221001_153506 (resized).jpg20221001_164146 (resized).jpg20221001_164146 (resized).jpg20221001_164148 (resized).jpg20221001_164148 (resized).jpg20221001_164159 (resized).jpg20221001_164159 (resized).jpg20221001_172528 (resized).jpg20221001_172528 (resized).jpg20221001_172538 (resized).jpg20221001_172538 (resized).jpg

#16503 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

those specs for the s6000 above are not quite right. First there's no wifi built into that projector. and second it has no battery.
but anywho, back to the m4 vs m4s. i have some picture...
here's the m4 (left) versus the m4s (right.) slight size difference in every dimension. but the main thing is the projector hole on the m4s is on the 'correct' side. also note there's a full size hdmi port on both of these projectors, versus the mini-hdmi on the s6000. that's not a big deal, but worth nothing. also the power port is changed on the m4s. but both of these issues are non-problems because the cabling that comes with the m4s can be substituted right into the stranger thing game and makes the m4s work in stranger things pin game (yes i have tried it.) jury is still out on the focus issue though...
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4s_1.jpg
here's the inside of the m4s. more tidy than the m4. the battery connector (blue circle) must be removed so there's no battery power to the unit. Also a tooth pick (blue arrow) needs to be jammed in between the case and the power push button to keep it "on." This way the projector powers on and off with physical power application or removal. this is simple work, four small screws remove the top of the unit.
http://pinrepair.com/stranger/m4s_2.jpg
As for mounting the m4s in a stranger things game, that will involve some work. new mounting brackets will be needed. also since the unit is bigger than the original s6000, i'm not sure everything will fit Ok. it's probably fine with a plastic ball arch, but the metal arch may pose problems. Not sure yet....

Nice bench top

#16504 1 year ago
Quoted from cfh:

i have the projector working in a pro. still waiting for that darkstar shite to come in the mail though. just have white paper scotch taped in place.

can you explain how you have it working on the pro? I've tried using a few diff pico projectors and get no signal.

#16505 1 year ago

The 2nd to last image looks like a premium

#16506 1 year ago

A couple "strange" things from play last night:

- started quarter hunt and wasn't taking great advantage of it early. With a little over 20 seconds left in the mode with mystery lit, I hit the shot, and breathed a sigh of relief at the impending Add Time reward. But surprisingly I got Hold Bonus. I hadn't hit mystery yet in the mode / hadn't gotten a previous Add Time in the mode.

- had a Trap Em where I used my bomb right away - I assume I locked it in at 5mil. Had 2x scoring running, made jackpot shots, then made both super jackpots and each time was awarded...10 million. Huh? Made it through another round and each SJP was I think 123mil. Third loop I made one at something like 96mil & then drained. What's the variability on the summation of the jackpots leading up to the SJPs? (And why were my first two worth what a normal jackpot was at the time?)

#16507 1 year ago

The SJPs are hurry ups. I bet it took you too long to make the first SJP. The base value is 5 million. Doubled its 10 million.

Each wave allows you to collect the SJP twice. The first one locks in the value, the second one you can take your time.

Not sure why mystery didn’t give you add time unless you had one already and just didn’t notice it.

#16508 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The SJPs are hurry ups. I bet it took you too long to make the first SJP. The base value is 5 million. Doubled its 10 million.
Each wave allows you to collect the SJP twice. The first one locks in the value, the second one you can take your time.

Oh, those pinball coders - it's like they intentionally find ways to create tense drama while I'm playing my pinball!!

What's worse is I had both balls caught for the third wave when I drained. Made the first, bricked the 2nd from the catch and paid for it. Still a 583mil trap 'em.

#16509 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Oh, those pinball coders - it's like they intentionally find ways to create tense drama while I'm playing my pinball!!
What's worse is I had both balls caught for the third wave when I drained. Made the first, bricked the 2nd from the catch and paid for it. Still a 583mil trap 'em.

Most exciting mode in the game! Well done.

But in the testing I did, take 15 million hurry up base for the SJP and add all your jackpots collected to that. Then 2x playfield would double it.

Future waves increase things a bit more I think. I’ve only done a couple waves though.

#16511 1 year ago

I would really love to get back into this club (I don't care which model - any will do!)
Does anyone in Australia have interest in selling their machine?

#16512 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I've started my install.. here are a couple pics to show you the difference. This is also in the middle of the day in florida. Outside panels done, obviously middle was not. The 2nd to last pic shows it done. Also shown is demodog target with and without.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that looks really great!

#16513 1 year ago

I just picked up a stranger things pro. I waxed it up and it’s playin fast! The flippers seem way stronger than my other newer sterns. I guess that’s necessary to make the shots on this pin. Where do y’all have outlanes set? Mine came set low. I moved them to middle. Is that where most people have them? What’s a good pitch?

#16514 1 year ago

the middle is what Eddy recommends/intended. I have my pitch so the top of the bubble touches the top line on the level and everything works well

#16515 1 year ago

Joining club. What color rubbers should I change to with the UV kit installed. Clear silicone. The green uv bands I think I used on GB ?

#16516 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Joining club. What color rubbers should I change to with the UV kit installed. Clear silicone. The green uv bands I think I used on GB ?

The UV bands look amazing when the UV kicks on. Doesn't really match under normal lighting, but you'll forgive it once it lights up.

#16517 1 year ago

Had some fun with adhesive magnets tonight...

20221027_225038 (resized).jpg20221027_225038 (resized).jpg

20221027_225052 (resized).jpg20221027_225052 (resized).jpg

20221027_225342 (resized).jpg20221027_225342 (resized).jpg

#16518 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have had the Titan UV bands , look awesome under the lights but wasn’t wild about the look under regular lighting.
I now have the Perfect Play purple , which light up neon pink under UV

#16519 1 year ago

Okay I am back in the club! Question on where you can get side rails that are similar to the LE ones? Any other must have mods now? The Medisynal ones look good

#16520 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I have had the Titan UV bands , look awesome under the lights but wasn’t wild about the look under regular lighting.
I now have the Perfect Play purple , which light up neon pink under UV

Ok thx. Guessing rubber list is avail on line

#16521 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Okay I am back in the club! Question on where you can get side rails that are similar to the LE ones? Any other must have mods now? The Medisynal ones look good

So you got that premium. Well done.

#16522 1 year ago

Hmm... Either this alignment issue just happened, or I just noticed it for the first time... Is this something I adjust through the menus, or is this a physical adjustment of the projector mounting?

To add: the crop is diagonal across to the top right corner of the screen

20221028_210631 (resized).jpg20221028_210631 (resized).jpg

#16524 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Menus. ST diagnostics.

Thanks kindly!

Update: that was incredibly quick and did the trick. Thanks again!

#16525 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Congrats! I’d say good mods if not already done would be Cleland sound code, darker projector screen material if it’s a Premium, shaker, Medisynal, and of course some PDI or Vampire glass! Topper if you’re a topper guy.

#16526 1 year ago

I have an issue. I replaced the drop targets with the clear ones and reinstalled and now my drop targets won’t work. The part that goes into the opto are painted black and the game knows when a target drops and scores it but once you knock them all down amor start a game when they are down they will not reset. I tested from the connector to the coil and I get continuity on both lines on both coils. I have no game errors. No clue what to do.

#16527 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I tested from the connector to the coil and I get continuity on both lines on both coils. I have no game errors. No clue what to do.

Does the reset coil work in coil test mode? (make sure the coin door is closed or interlock is pulled when testing coils)

#16528 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Does the reset coil work in coil test mode? (make sure the coin door is closed or interlock is pulled when testing coils)

No it does not

#16529 1 year ago

Does anyone have an extra one of these ball gate assemblies under and to the left of the demigorgon? Or know where to source one? I can't find one anywhere. It's Stern part no 511-2968-00.

Evidently the operator who had my Stranger Things Pro had issues with it and discarded it. I thought I'd ask before I custom design something. Even if you have a broken or bent out of shape extra, I'd be interested in it.

5a418e4aa269183367d521585bf8d79b290d6060 (resized).jpg5a418e4aa269183367d521585bf8d79b290d6060 (resized).jpg
#16530 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Does anyone have an extra one of these ball gate assemblies under and to the left of the demigorgon? Or know where to source one? I can't find one anywhere. It's Stern part no 511-2968-00.
Evidently the operator who had my Stranger Things Pro had issues with it and discarded it. I thought I'd ask before I custom design something. Even if you have a broken or bent out of shape extra, I'd be interested in it.
[quoted image]

I'd drop Terry at pinball life an email and see if he can order it from Stern for you. I know they were giving these away under warranty when it first came out because a ton of them broke and came partway off, blocking the demigorgon exit.

#16531 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I'd drop Terry at pinball life an email and see if he can order it from Stern for you. I know they were giving these away under warranty when it first came out because a ton of them broke and came partway off, blocking the demigorgon exit.

Thanks! I'll try Terry tomorrow.

#16532 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

No it does not

Maybe there is a fuse on the node board for that coil?? Maybe a loose connection at the node board? (im just guessing at this point) I'm not familiar but if there are other identical node boards, you can swap them around as a test. When you move each to/from a different position, you need to change the dip switches on each node board that identifies where it is being used.

#16533 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Maybe there is a fuse on the node board for that coil?? Maybe a loose connection at the node board? (im just guessing at this point) I'm not familiar but if there are other identical node boards, you can swap them around as a test. When you move each to/from a different position, you need to change the dip switches on each node board that identifies where it is being used.

How do I know which node board it goes to?

#16534 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

How do I know which node board it goes to?

Node Board 9, connector CN7 goes to the drop target reset and the trip coil.

Do you have a multimeter? If the coil has both wires attached (one didn't come off), you may have blown a transistor.

#16535 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Node Board 9, connector CN7 goes to the drop target reset and the trip coil.
Do you have a multimeter? If the coil has both wires attached (one didn't come off), you may have blown a transistor.

I have a I have a multimeter, not sure how to use it on a node board. One of the leads on the drop target coil broke loose but was still attached bu the thin wire . I replaced the coil with a new one thinking that was the issue, no change. The other thing attached to node 9 at c7 is the left ramp uppost, that is still working as it should.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#16536 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I have a I have a multimeter, not sure how to use it on a node board. One of the leads on the drop target coil broke loose but was still attached bu the thin wire . I replaced the coil with a new one thinking that was the issue, no change. The other thing attached to node 9 at c7 is the left ramp uppost, that is still working as it should.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Well, node 9 and node 8 are the same board, so as long as you know the coil is good now (since it's new) you could swap the node boards to see if that fixes your problem with that target bank (the problem will move to Left down post or maybe left eject if the transistor is blown). Basically you just swap the boards and adjust the dip switches to change the board ID so node 9 becomes node 8 and node 8 becomes node 9, then physically move them and reconnect. Here's the chart to show you the dip switch settings:

spike node addresses (resized).jpgspike node addresses (resized).jpg
#16537 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Congrats! I’d say good mods if not already done would be Cleland sound code, darker projector screen material if it’s a Premium, shaker, Medisynal, and of course some PDI or Vampire glass! Topper if you’re a topper guy.

It has the shaker, vampire glass and topper
Where do you get the darker screen material?
Seems medisynal is sold out?

#16538 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, node 9 and node 8 are the same board, so as long as you know the coil is good now (since it's new) you could swap the node boards to see if that fixes your problem with that target bank (the problem will move to Left down post or maybe left eject if the transistor is blown). Basically you just swap the boards and adjust the dip switches to change the board ID so node 9 becomes node 8 and node 8 becomes node 9, then physically move them and reconnect. Here's the chart to show you the dip switch settings:[quoted image]

is it odd that if a transistor is blown that the left post up still works on the same connector?

#16539 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

is it odd that if a transistor is blown that the left post up still works on the same connector?

No. It's not a fuse that protects a number of things. Just has one job. There's one transistor per drive circuit. That post has its own transistor. A transistor is like an on/off gate for power that allows individual control of features usually driven by a coil. Generally each coil has to have its own (with some exceptions for home pins and Bond Prem/LE pop bumpers).

#16540 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Thanks! I'll try Terry tomorrow.

any luck? Mine is bent

#16541 1 year ago
Quoted from sleepygtr:

any luck? Mine is bent

Terry is inquiring with Stern, but warned me that it may take a while as Stern is slow and their parts sales cage is pretty disorganized. So, that's not entirely encouraging, but probably explains why it's such a pain or impossible to get spare parts from Stern these days.

If you need one, it might be a good idea to email Terry, and tell him you talked with Jeff Rumsey (me) about possibly getting one through Terry at Pinball Life, and to have him put you on the list, should Stern find a stash of them in that part sales cage.

In the meantime, I'll start customizing some existing gates I have and/or I'll try to design and fab something up in the machine shop where I work.

#16542 1 year ago

dupe post

#16543 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It has the shaker, vampire glass and topper
Where do you get the darker screen material?
Seems medisynal is sold out?

I had a sample book of screen material which was enough for a mate’s LE (I’m just on a Pro), but not sure where else you might get some from. Possibly try direct with a manufacturer? We used Stewart Screens.

Medisynal started a list a couple of months back so I think you can still get in but will be well into next year before he catches up.

#16544 1 year ago

If anyone wants a magnetic lockdown bar accent, these are two imperfect early attempts that I'm going to otherwise throw out.

Top one "A" has a bit of black sharpie on the artwork just under the cutout for the action button.

Bottom one "B" has black border, but errant black sharpie to the bottom left of the cutout for the action button.

The cutouts for neither one are perfect circles, and both could use a spray coat of clear, if you're not making further changes.

Can either send me a self-addressed double-stamped envelope or else asking $2 PayPal to cover postage. PM me if you want one of these, first come first served.

20221030_162955 (resized).jpg20221030_162955 (resized).jpg

#16545 1 year ago

I had all my games on whilst I was playing last night and watching STh in attract mode got me thinking - what are other Prem / LE owners doing about future proofing their projectors? I have no idea what the life of the projector or bulb is likely to be, but I doubt we'll be able to obtain the exact same model years down the line. Has anyone bought a spare as a back up? I'm also wondering about spare decals with the correct material for the projected images - are Stern still selling these?

#16546 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

I had all my games on whilst I was playing last night and watching STh in attract mode got me thinking - what are other Prem / LE owners doing about future proofing their projectors? I have no idea what the life of the projector or bulb is likely to be, but I doubt we'll be able to obtain the exact same model years down the line. Has anyone bought a spare as a back up? I'm also wondering about spare decals with the correct material for the projected images - are Stern still selling these?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-projector-wait-list-

#16547 1 year ago

Thanks for this, just ordered a NOS from Midwest Gaming. Does anyone know if Stern are still selling the decals for the projected images?

#16548 1 year ago
Quoted from jonnyqtrek:

If anyone wants a magnetic lockdown bar accent, these are two imperfect early attempts that I'm going to otherwise throw out.
Top one "A" has a bit of black sharpie on the artwork just under the cutout for the action button.
Bottom one "B" has black border, but errant black sharpie to the bottom left of the cutout for the action button.
The cutouts for neither one are perfect circles, and both could use a spray coat of clear, if you're not making further changes.
Can either send me a self-addressed double-stamped envelope or else asking $2 PayPal to cover postage. PM me if you want one of these, first come first served.
[quoted image]

Both claimed, cheers!

#16549 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Heat is the killer for the projector, as is often the case. A mini 20x20 fan might take the temp down just enough to lengthen the life. As far as I know Stern is out of them, and the Chinese manufacturer as moved on to newer versions that are not compatible.

Various pinsiders are working on solutions.

#16550 1 year ago
Quoted from JustLikeMe:

Thanks for this, just ordered a NOS from Midwest Gaming. Does anyone know if Stern are still selling the decals for the projected images?

You can get better projection material and cut your own to get better contrast so it looks less washed out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 331 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/331 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.