20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 445.
#1551 4 years ago

They should make the uv stuff an option to be installed at the factory. What a load of crap. Charge me and then I gotta do all the work too? For something you put in the game already? Garys got jokes.

#1552 4 years ago

Just played the new code and it's a helluva lot of fun. Love the multi-colored jackpot projections and bashing the Demo. Still not sure about the Burn It Back reboot bug (please advise, chuckwurt ).

For the record, I bought a UV kit, but I am pretty pissed off about it as an LE owner (and this makes twice after the SW topper). The good news is that I don't think there's anything on the horizon for the rest of 2020 that I'm interested coming from Stern (unless there's actually a full version of Led Zeppelin and not a reskin).

So after being suckered (twice), I can for once sit back and watch others get screwed for a while. But really...this shit's gotta stop.

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still not sure about the Burn It Back reboot bug (please advise, chuckwurt ).

I’ve only ever seen the game crash during the turn up the heat mode. When does it happen for you? After hitting a bunch of burn it back loops in MB?

#1554 4 years ago

Yeah I’m not happy about paying for the UV kit either. Just happy it exists. Shows the team of stern doing some awesome things even if the higher ups required it to be paid for. Rather that than have it scrapped completely.

#1555 4 years ago

People drop hundreds of dollars on pinstadiums for their other stern games and this burns everyone’s chaps?

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

People drop hundreds of dollars on pinstadiums for their other stern games and this burns everyone’s chaps?

There’s a difference between a mod and an accessory to “unlock” part of the game. Also pinstadiums are terrible. This is not that.

#1557 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve only ever seen the game crash during the turn up the heat mode. When does it happen for you? After hitting a bunch of burn it back loops in MB?

Right...it was during Turn Up The Heat doing a bunch of loops. I named the mode wrong. Oops. If it's not fixed somebody has to file a big report. That's a whopper.

Quoted from knockerlover:

It's not that. It's that the UV ink was built into the game so they knew it was there and couldn't even throw the damn lights into the LE for 9k. That IS disgusting no matter how you look at it. They could have made it an option for the other trim levels. Theres a difference between feeling ripped off for something that should already be in the game and, say, Star Wars topper which you can really do without. I should know. I'm pissed off about both because I bought them both.

#1558 4 years ago

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this like the whole CGC medieval madness color DMD cost on the LEs. My point is, people will complain but still buy the kit.

#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t this like the whole CGC medieval madness color DMD cost on the LEs. My point is, people will complain but still buy the kit.

Not the same thing.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right...it was during Turn Up The Heat doing a bunch of loops. I named the mode wrong. Oops. If it's not fixed somebody has to file a big report. That's a whopper.

Ahh gotcha. Well I’ll keep an eye on it. I’ve already reported it so hopefully it’s fixed in this update.

#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

That didn't go down well at launch either - especially since it was originally promised for LE buyers.

#1562 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

timmmmyboy is my gc still on the machine or have I been replaced?

Oh you're definitely still up there

#1563 4 years ago

I haven't spoken up much because I am yet to get my game but I bought the kit without a second thought. Game changer. Literally. So excited my skin is crawling!!!

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I haven't spoken up much because I am yet to get my game but I bought the kit without a second thought. Game changer. Literally. So excited my skin is crawling!!!

No I think that’s just the Mind Flayer inside you. Good luck!

#1565 4 years ago

Where’s barb is my least favorite mode in the game. However with the new code the question marks floating all over the game is awesome. I’m okay with playing that mode now. Haha

#1566 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No I think that’s just the Mind Flayer inside you. Good luck!

I have been having strange dreams....

#1567 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not that. It's that the UV ink was built into the game so they knew it was there and couldn't even throw the damn lights into the LE for 9k. That IS disgusting no matter how you look at it. They could have made it an option for the other trim levels. Theres a difference between feeling ripped off for something that should already be in the game and, say, Star Wars topper which you can really do without. I should know. I'm pissed off about both because I bought them both.

Boob, I know you still love your SWLE, but I think that particular game was the biggest LE ripoff that Stern ever did. It didn't even have artblades, invisiglass or a shaker - which seem standard on all newer LE now. Instead we were given 3 translites, probably because the unique LE translite was the worst looking one of the bunch.

I'll admit after watching the latest DF stream, seeing the new projector features and the UV lighting, the game looks far more interesting and fun now than initial streams. My biggest complaint would be the (current) uninteresting jackpot images on the LCD.

Rob

#1568 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Boob, I know you still love your SWLE, but I think that particular game was the biggest LE ripoff that Stern ever did. It didn't even have artblades, invisiglass or a shaker - which seem standard on all newer LE now. Instead we were given 3 translites, probably because the unique LE translite was the worst looking one of the bunch.

Wrong. That would be Beatles, which I stupidly told my distro I'd take an "LE" before it was released. When I realized that would set me back $25k for diamond powdercoating, I respectfully declined.

SWLE is awesome if you add the lighted side armor. (I have the hyperspace light effect in the backbox as well, courtesy of Pinball Refinery.) The LE translite, which I already liked the best, is made better by that, IMO. That game is wicked good fun (the hyperloop is still one of the biggest rushes in all of pinball) and because I'm a SW fan, will never leave my collection. Hell...I just paid $200 to build a f-ing lightsaber at Disneyland.

My SThLE is one of the most immersive games I own. The projector really adds to the game, and the sound is terrific...especially with a subwoofer. That being said, because I'm not wedded to the theme, it will probably leave my collection sometime between a year or two from now.

#1569 4 years ago

New code is huge upgrade and game is looking really good. They said next update will add lots of callouts and more projector images but this new one really added a lot for the projector. Of course the uv lighting adds a whole new level of awesome and is a must imo....especially for the premium/le. Overall I'm happy how this game is shaping up and I think its gonna change a lot of people's opinions down the road once they actually play it lol. Still can't believe how many people are really hating on it but unfortunately all it takes is a few outspoken folks and the rest follow bc they can't form their own opinions. This hobby and pinside in general is just full of unhappy people when they sld just be happy we have these new awesome pins and themes to play. Goodness its annoying /aggravating what has become of this place and pinball lately.

#1570 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have to say this looked fantastic and suspect will look even better in person...
I initially thought that this was a stretch to charge another 280bucks but then I think about how much I pay for lighted speakers and other mods and this is a piss in the ocean and no big deal.
Neil.

My Speaker Light Kits are $45 - $85 depending on what type you get. I would surely think you could mention some other, more expensive, mods when trying to rationalize this money being spent. Come on man! ....or are you saying you wouldn't mind paying more for lighted speakers??? Hmmmmmmm...

PS: On a serious note. It looks interesting and it seems they defiantly could have cheaped out on this much more than they did. The replacement plastics and apron along with the UV lighting gives better "total package" feel than just offering the light strips. I look forward to seeing it in action in a well atmosphered gameroom.

#1571 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where’s barb is my least favorite mode in the game. However with the new code the question marks floating all over the game is awesome. I’m okay with playing that mode now. Haha

The projection mapping has so much potential.

#1572 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

New code is huge upgrade and game is looking really good. They said next update will add lots of callouts and more projector images but this new one really added a lot for the projector. Of course the uv lighting adds a whole new level of awesome and is a must imo....especially for the premium/le. Overall I'm happy how this game is shaping up and I think its gonna change a lot of people's opinions down the road once they actually play it lol. Still can't believe how many people are really hating on it but unfortunately all it takes is a few outspoken folks and the rest follow bc they can't form their own opinions. This hobby and pinside in general is just full of unhappy people when they sld just be happy we have these new awesome pins and themes to play. Goodness its annoying /aggravating what has become of this place and pinball lately.

I love Stern games, have 2 NIB SW Prem and JP Prem this year, think Brian Eddy and Mike Vinikour are awesome people and designers, Love Stranger Things and Love, love, frickin' love the Hobby. Now that being said, I can't abide this marketing technique. I can accept buying unfinished code - it's a decision you make after seeing a Stream or playing at a barcade with an expectation it will improve or not, but you know what you are getting upfront...but hidden design features? Not a mod, a feature (holes are pre-drilled in the ramps and UV ink in the playfield). That's a key importance. This sets the stage for future pins. Where do the hidden features end going forward? Today it's GI lighting...what is is tomorrow - Mech movement function? Flipper usage? Mechanical Ball lock access? Ramp addon? Code Update Subscriptions? This is what killed Video Gaming for me...It started just like this with Call of Duty Loot Boxes...one day you upgraded based on skill, then next you were unlocking progress and features for $$$. Some will say it's marketing...But there is good marketing and bad marketing. Will this make money? Heck yeah, if you own ST right now, you have to buy this or your game is unfinished..you can't unsee what you know exists embedded into your game. You already paid 5600-9100, what's $270 more...that's the thinking...the problem is, it does real world damage to expectations and trust. What else is in my future NIB game that I don't know about, that I will have to pay for that 'used to be' a feature set?

So this isn't about hating on a game or people...It's about perceptions. I actually want to buy this game in the future as I see more improvements and the UV turned the upside down into what I wanted to begin with...I'm just unhappy with the entire way this roll out occurred.

#1573 4 years ago

So my question is, now that everyone is freaking out about the uv system up charge, would the reaction be bigger or smaller if stern left the uv system in the game and raised the street price by $300 for this title?

#1574 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

So my question is, now that everyone is freaking out about the uv system up charge, would the reaction be bigger or smaller if stern left the uv system in the game and raised the street price by $300 for this title?

Now that I know about it - I can make an informed decision but the cat is out of the bag...was the UV part of the BOM or is this a way to raise the street prices of pins going forward?

#1575 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Would you know about the UV before the upcharge? If It was in the feature matrix at rollout, and explained that the Playfield had a dual ink process of regular and UV ink prior to purchase...I wouldn't blink...it's the timing, not the cost

well thats what im asking. everybody always seems to poop themselves when stern does a price increase roll out, so if they just raised the overall price of the game from day 1 but it had the uv system and it was listed as a feature on the matrix would we be seeing as big of a reaction as doing it this way and giving people the option if they want to buy it, but not raising the street price the $300.

#1576 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

well thats what im asking. everybody always seems to poop themselves when stern does a price increase roll out, so if they just raised the overall price of the game from day 1 but it had the uv system and it was listed as a feature on the matrix would we be seeing as big of a reaction as doing it this way and giving people the option if they want to buy it, but not raising the street price the $300.

Sorry, I misread your post originally and corrected it, but it looks like your reply beat me to the edit

#1577 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

That is a fair point, I'm new to the hobby this past year so I haven't seen the price ramp ups. I usually accept price increases as a supply/demand factor. This just seems to have a little more of a feature holdback feel to it. I guess we'll never know as this is the way it played out. I think the uproar here is not over price but the feeling of a bait and switch to a degree.. feels to me a little bit like going to the car dealer... You agree on a price on a new vehicle...but the dealer rolls out a demo with 500 miles on it... but, if you want the "really new" car with 5 mi on the odometer, cough up the extra $

#1578 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I'm doing a teardown tonight. The issue with mine is that the stainless guardrail leans over the playfield and does not sit flush with the playfield "rail". I'm assuming you may offset (bend) the through playfield bolts to force the guardrail flush against the playfield rail.

This was an easy fix. Just loosen the bottom part of the rail and bend outwards while pinching it as high up as you can. Put it back, now it's flush(er). Not a single rattle/reject after playing 20 or so games. Bumpers had way too much tension on the blades but geez two bumpers for a dedicated bumper shot?

#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Code is still only 0.84. Not sure how they run these numbers, but it does mean a LONG way to go still.

I don't expect this to be 1.0.0 until Christmas. It usually takes them a year to get things in order and also why usually don't bye Stern games until I like what I see. This time around I really liked the LE art package and took the plunge on my first LE. So, now we wait.

#1580 4 years ago

What a shitty move by Stern.

#1581 4 years ago

It’s a shity move but it’s not like they are the first company to do it. Lots of gaming companies are going this route. I have an LE and it does suck and no joke it rubs me the wrong way but I bought one anyways. Sadly I’m not the solution and almost everyone is gonna buy that kit like come on that is a game changer. It’s a soft drop into a new realm of pinball. I expect to see more of this on future releases. Only a matter of time before companies see the mod community is making a killing.

#1582 4 years ago

I think this would have been a reasonable upgrade for the Pro model. LE buyers should have had this included. Not the end of the world, just would leave a bad taste in my mouth. Pay $9k for the most fully featured game, get all the features.

#1583 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Best Game Eva!

If that were really true, this hobby is fucked.

#1584 4 years ago

All the premium and LE owners can be disappointed that their games didn’t come factory with this add-on. But the head hunting of stern, claims of “unfairness” and “false advertising” are ridiculous. Even Kaneda the so-called “marketing expert” is blinded by fanboyism. And many of you have seemingly become a thoughtless echo chamber.

You were all presented with a description of the product you were buying, as well as a comparison features matrix, along with an MSRP. No where in any of those descriptions was this UV reactive playfield, or software feature for UV lighting during certain modes. You all elected to buy it without this feature, at less than the advertised price. None of you even knew it existed until a few days ago, and would have carried on bitching about unmakeable ramp shots, crappy coil stops, and failing lock posts.

Anything being offered for sale above and beyond what was in the product description or the features matrix is, an add-on. Yes, the limited editions are known for having the “most” features in the feature matrix but have never had “all” features. It isn’t possible given the three product line differences and choices, and is purely perception.

Some real world examples that none of you bat an eye at, high end trucks like a Ford “Raptors” and Dodge Ram “Rebels” include most optional features as standard. However there are still factory made and install-ready add-ons available from SVT and MOPAR. Tesla, actually installs mostly the same equipment in many cars but their full capabilities such as “ludicrous” mode are only limited by software.

You the consumer can choose to either buy the add-on, or not. But it is common practice, it is fair, and it is not false-advertising.

#1585 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

To play devils advocate here this game already had a price increase, so I think they intended for this to be in there but then decided to do a marketing scheme and see who they could charge 300 again.

#1586 4 years ago

None of us in here are saying that. Just wish we didn’t have to pay for this awesome feature. What’s wrong with that?

#1587 4 years ago

I hate to sound like an idiot but I think this is my first spike code update...same procedure? download to usb? turn on game? anything else?

#1588 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

To play devils advocate here this game already had a price increase, so I think they intended for this to be in there but then decided to do a marketing scheme and see who they could charge 300 again.

All stern games are subject to a $100 price increase this year. It’s common practice to incrementally raise rates annually as business costs commonly increase. Most everyone gets a cost of living increase every year. Where do you think that comes from?

It’s unrelated to this add-on.

#1589 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

None of us in here are saying that. Just wish we didn’t have to pay for this awesome feature. What’s wrong with that?

Nothing.

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I hate to sound like an idiot but I think this is my first spike code update...same procedure? download to usb? turn on game? anything else?

Nope. That’s it!

#1591 4 years ago

I think Kman made a good point: wondering if you can just ask them to have UV kit installed when you order it, and pay the money for it. If Stern won't do that, it's stupid.

#1592 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I think Kman made a good point: wondering if you can just ask them to have UV kit installed when you order it, and pay the money for it. If Stern won't do that, it's stupid.

Stern makes 50+ games per day, they don't scale that way by offering customizations for each buyer. Also, since the distros sell to customers, not Stern, they would have no way of knowing the buyers for each game anyway.

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

This is a horrible point if he knew anything about large scale manufacturing. It would be way too cost prohibitive for stern to offer customization.

Fellow LE owners:

I was messing with the new projector settings and wondered if everyone’s right ramp projection is blocked on the left 1/3 of the ramp. I’m thinking my projector needs repositioning.

#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern makes 50+ games per day, they don't scale that way by offering customizations for each buyer. Also, since the distros sell to customers, not Stern, they would have no way of knowing the buyers for each game anyway.

You are right. It should just all be installed on all the machines.

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

You are right. It should just all be installed on all the machines.

Much better idea. Haha. Totally agree.

#1596 4 years ago

All this criticism from a bunch of pinheads who will buy any and all mods for their pins, from new glass to subs to colored plastics??

Give me a break, 90% of the negative comments are from non-owners. You guys are a total joke. I’ll laugh at you next time I see you are the quarterly pin shows. Ha

#1597 4 years ago

I think it's a cool feature. Yeah it would be nice if it was already on the machines but at least it's more than just a stick on strip of lights. If it's integrated well with the game it's worth it to me as I've thought the upside down was really under represented so far. I'll be purchasing for sure.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think it's a cool feature. Yeah it would be nice if it was already on the machines but at least it's more than just a stick on strip of lights. If it's integrated well with the game it's worth it to me as I've thought the upside down was really under represented so far. I'll be purchasing for sure.

Stern gotcha!

#1599 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The car industry figured this out quite a while ago.

#1600 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

That wasn’t a price increase for this game, it was a price increase as of 2020. If you ordered the game before 2020 you didn’t pay the $100 increase, or at least that’s how my distro explained it to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
8,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/32?hl=onthesnap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.