IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 449.
#16151 1 year ago

I had the Send It Back bug bite me hard last night.

I was playing at my local arcade for the pin of the month high score challenge on an LE.

Long Ball 3, I start send it back. Finish the mode fully except for the last demo shot. Game freezes for 20 secs, then just ends. No bonus, no keep shooting. Just game over and enter initials. Finished with 1.7 billion but missed out on about 600m in bonus.

Argh! So frustrating! Ihope they fix this soon!

Quoted from maxharvard:

Man, I must doing something wrong because I just got through the first Isolation mode with only 350M... what the hell am I doing wrong to have such a low-assed score?
I started the first TK MB on a mode, got an add-a-ball and still for some reason can't crack 750M even when i get past Iso1

Keep at it Maxharvard! The scoring really starts opening up after Total Isolation 2, (Second checkpoint mode, after finishing 8 chapter modes). I scored over 200m just from 2 super jackpots in TI2. Also bonus can be really big on this game, so stay on top of lighting your inlanes, especially during MB.

I was at "Send it back" which is the season 1 mini wizard mode, so pretty deep in the game compared to Total Isolation 1.

Personal best was around 4.5 billion on a premium.

#16152 1 year ago

Please help! Got this back from repairer today for something else and they said they fiddled with drop targets as they didn't think they were resetting properly and now this is happening and this has never happened. Still continues when I turn off and on..any tips would be appreciated. Did a coil test and they pop up and down fine

#16153 1 year ago

I'm a little late to Hawkins but on Friday my friend sold his very nice Stranger Things Pro to me!

I consider myself very lucky as all of a sudden it seems this pin is in high demand here in the UK (not to mention I'm a Stranger Things fan) and this one is a very nice example with a custom paint job which features "Welcome To Hawkins" on the lockdown bar, Palace Arcade Sign on the backbox hinges and lightning bolts on the rails.

It also has some other nice mods including...

Shooter Lane Baseball Bat
Joyce's Communication Wall
"Friends Don't Lie" Flipper Bats
Speaker Light Kit
UV Kit
D&D Die Flasher Dome
Mezel Mods Arcade Sign (needs fixing - lights up but no longer spins)
Stern Art Blades / Decals
External Headphone Jack / Volume control (needs installing)
D&D shooter rod (needs installing)
Cleland Code

I'd like to swap out the red flasher domes for purple but apart from that I don't think I would do anything else

IMG_5629 (resized).jpgIMG_5629 (resized).jpgIMG_5630 (resized).jpgIMG_5630 (resized).jpgIMG_5631 (resized).jpgIMG_5631 (resized).jpgIMG_5651 (resized).jpgIMG_5651 (resized).jpgIMG_5652 (resized).jpgIMG_5652 (resized).jpgIMG_5654 (resized).jpgIMG_5654 (resized).jpgIMG_5655 (resized).jpgIMG_5655 (resized).jpgIMG_5656 (resized).jpgIMG_5656 (resized).jpg
#16154 1 year ago
Quoted from acidburn:

I'm a little late to Hawkins but on Friday my friend sold his very nice Stranger Things Pro to me!
I consider myself very lucky as all of a sudden it seems this pin is in high demand here in the UK (not to mention I'm a Stranger Things fan) and this one is a very nice example with a custom paint job which features "Welcome To Hawkins" on the lockdown bar, Palace Arcade Sign on the backbox hinges and lightning bolts on the rails.
It also has some other nice mods including...
Shooter Lane Baseball Bat
Joyce's Communication Wall
"Friends Don't Lie" Flipper Bats
Speaker Light Kit
UV Kit
D&D Die Flasher Dome
Mezel Mods Arcade Sign (needs fixing - lights up but no longer spins)
Stern Art Blades / Decals
External Headphone Jack / Volume control (needs installing)
D&D shooter rod (needs installing)
Cleland Code
I'd like to swap out the red flasher domes for purple but apart from that I don't think I would do anything else
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's a nice one! Hope you didn't break the bank

#16155 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Please help! Got this back from repairer today for something else and they said they fiddled with drop targets as they didn't think they were resetting properly and now this is happening and this has never happened. Still continues when I turn off and on..any tips would be appreciated. Did a coil test and they pop up and down fine

I would ask your repairer what they did and reverse it.

#16156 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

If i had to guess....and it's just a guess...I would start looking for a shorted ground that may be putting it in a reset loop. Make sure switches are not bent or grounded out...

#16157 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

It looks like your opto behind the stand ups may be blocked and the game won't fully reset the bank as it thinks a ball is stuck behind them. Go into switch test mode and see what switch 84 is doing. Also look under the playfield and make sure both connections to the optos trans and receiver are hooked up properly.

#16158 1 year ago
Quoted from Thrillhouse:

It looks like your opto behind the stand ups may be blocked and the game won't fully reset the bank as it thinks a ball is stuck behind them. Go into switch test mode and see what switch 84 is doing. Also look under the playfield and make sure both connections to the optos trans and receiver are hooked up properly.

Yes definitely check that the 4-bank opto sensor is working in switch test. Also check them demodog targets behind drops. FYI I just had relay coil 24 fail on me so my drops keep pulsing. In coil test they go up but not down. Pablo referred me to gameroom guys who are the only vendors left with that part in stock.

#16159 1 year ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Yes definitely check that the 4-bank opto sensor is working in switch test. Also check them demodog targets behind drops. FYI I just had relay coil 24 fail on me so my drops keep pulsing. In coil test they go up but not down. Pablo referred me to gameroom guys who are the only vendors left with that part in stock.

if both coils work and switches all work check under the PF that nothing is blocking the drops from going all the way up or pulling down on them. Suppose could also be a blown transistor that is telling one or both coils to keep activating but that’d be a little trickier to diagnose and recommend reaching out to Pablo at Stern tech support

#16160 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Keep at it Maxharvard! The scoring really starts opening up after Total Isolation 2, (Second checkpoint mode, after finishing 8 chapter modes). I scored over 200m just from 2 super jackpots in TI2. Also bonus can be really big on this game, so stay on top of lighting your inlanes, especially during MB.
I was at "Send it back" which is the season 1 mini wizard mode, so pretty deep in the game compared to Total Isolation 1.
Personal best was around 4.5 billion on a premium.

How about this shit, huh?

Just took a break from work, fired up the STh machine, ball 1... made Iso1, 2 Demogorgans, 2 TK MB's and an extra ball.. 6X bonus of 250M... First ball drained with 550M.

Ball 2, hits the pops and flies hard into the outlane.

Ball 2+ (Extra ball) - 2 modes completed and drains HARD down the middle.

Ball 3... hits the drop downs and SDTFM.

650M total.

Just... the fuck.

#16162 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

How about this shit, huh?
Just took a break from work, fired up the STh machine, ball 1... made Iso1, 2 Demogorgans, 2 TK MB's and an extra ball.. 6X bonus of 250M... First ball drained with 550M.
Ball 2, hits the pops and flies hard into the outlane.
Ball 2+ (Extra ball) - 2 modes completed and drains HARD down the middle.
Ball 3... hits the drop downs and SDTFM.
650M total.
Just... the fuck.

OUCH! I've been there before lol. That's the worst feeling after a great ball 1 like that.

If you're getting drains off the drop targets often, I use the following strategies to avoid that.

1. Shoot drops when ball save is on (pretty obvious)
2. Primarily shoot right side drops from right flipper only - avoid drops from left flipper
3. Sneak past drops when possible to complete "words" for demo modes - mostly from the downed right side drops
4. Never ever shoot drops on the fly on this game. I can't stress this part enough!

#16163 1 year ago

Had my LE for quite a while, but first post here.

What a great game!

#16164 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s pinball baby!

this needs to be a shirt

#16165 1 year ago

Hello, do you know where to buy a UV light kit for a PRO, or if Stern will make some more?
Thanks

#16166 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

yea only way to fix this problem is to literally take the whole drop target assembly out and take everything off to clean then reinstall. I've had to do this on my stranger, my boss's stranger and 2 different Beatles machines. pretty frustrating tbh

that is if your ball sense opto is fine

#16167 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Hello, do you know where to buy a UV light kit for a PRO, or if Stern will make some more?
Thanks

https://www.flipnoutpinball.com/projects-3

Zach has one but it’s gonna cost ya!

#16168 1 year ago

whoah hadn't seen this on pinball life before: ($700)

https://www.pinballlife.com/stranger-things-projector.html

#16169 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Is that the expected price or marked up?

#16170 1 year ago

Sold the NIB projector I had for much less but you know, it's easy to get one so....

#16171 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

OUCH! I've been there before lol. That's the worst feeling after a great ball 1 like that.
If you're getting drains off the drop targets often, I use the following strategies to avoid that.
1. Shoot drops when ball save is on (pretty obvious)
2. Primarily shoot right side drops from right flipper only - avoid drops from left flipper
3. Sneak past drops when possible to complete "words" for demo modes - mostly from the downed right side drops
4. Never ever shoot drops on the fly on this game. I can't stress this part enough!

I'm finding the biggest issue I have is the ball hitting the bumpers and PERFECTLY hitting the outlane and draining, no chance of recovery or bumping... seems to happen a lot.

#16172 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I'm finding the biggest issue I have is the ball hitting the bumpers and PERFECTLY hitting the outlane and draining, no chance of recovery or bumping... seems to happen a lot.

What is happening right before the ball gets into the slings. That is what I would concentrate on and see what you can do to limit those instances.

#16173 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What is happening right before the ball gets into the slings. That is what I would concentrate on and see what you can do to limit those instances.

You make it sound like chess!! No wonder I score so low. Think 5 moves ahead, got it.

#16174 1 year ago

Yeah for sure. Or at least 1-2 shots ahead in pinball. Also, once the ball goes past the slings, consider it dead, so I would plan to nudge to keep the ball inside the slings. If you’re nudging earlier, it may not lead to death.

#16175 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Thanks

https://www.pinball.co.uk/spares-accessories/mods/stranger-things-prem-le-uv-kit-502-7118-q2/

#16176 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Yeah I contacted them a few weeks ago to see if they could get any in. He replied a few days later and said he managed to get one (and only one he said) of them out of stern and put it up for sale on their page

#16177 1 year ago
Quoted from Days:

Thanks

Don't limit your search to Pro kits. If you can find a Premium/LE you essentially get a free metal apron out of the deal. Although I expect any available on any level to have a hefty markup anymore.

#16178 1 year ago

Thanks for your answers guys..the targets started working an hour or so later before your replies and have worked since.. doesn't mean it won't happen again.. I will definitely get those issues checked now that I know what to look for. Thanks again all

#16179 1 year ago

Also after anyone's advice... the technician's that did the machine, adjusted my demogorgan to 'not shake as much'-this was their solution so it wouldn't hit the plastic framing behind it which is why I got it looked at. It hardly shakes at all now, just makes a loud noise from the part that's supposed to shake it I presume.. I'm a little bummed as you literally have to stare at it to see if it's even moving. Didn't end up being the solution I was hoping for..will get someone else to have a look in house, but do any of you guys know what part needs to be adjusted to at least get a bit more of the shaking back if not all, and then the plastic frame issue can be looked at adjusting rather than demogorgan. Sorry for the long winded explanation, it's been a frustrating process.

#16180 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Yeah I contacted them a few weeks ago to see if they could get any in. He replied a few days later and said he managed to get one (and only one he said) of them out of stern and put it up for sale on their page

I don't understand... These are suppose to be easily ordered through any Stern dealer? Did something change? Why the high markup as well?

#16181 1 year ago

First, I’d try and find another tech next time. Haha

But for the demo. It has a metal tail on it that sits over a nylon post that jumps up and down and should be hitting that tail to make it shake. The post can be adjusted to sit higher, but most likely, the demo needs adjusted to sit back further. Your tech made it sit too far forward somehow.

#16182 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

Also after anyone's advice... the technician's that did the machine, adjusted my demogorgan to 'not shake as much'-this was their solution so it wouldn't hit the plastic framing behind it which is why I got it looked at. It hardly shakes at all now, just makes a loud noise from the part that's supposed to shake it I presume.. I'm a little bummed as you literally have to stare at it to see if it's even moving. Didn't end up being the solution I was hoping for..will get someone else to have a look in house, but do any of you guys know what part needs to be adjusted to at least get a bit more of the shaking back if not all, and then the plastic frame issue can be looked at adjusting rather than demogorgan. Sorry for the long winded explanation, it's been a frustrating process.

when i pulled the spacers on my 'Gorgon its chin was resting on the little rubber stopper beneath it, causing it not to vibrate at all. you can take that stopper off, it's not needed, and it should work again

#16183 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm talking about it hitting the kickback, which aims directly at the outlane.

#16184 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I'm talking about it hitting the kickback, which aims directly at the outlane.

The game doesn’t have a kickback? Do you mean the saucer on the left? That points at the drops.

#16185 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The game doesn’t have a kickback? Do you mean the saucer on the left? That points at the drops.

I'm talking the center lane... the bumpers. Those always seem to aim DIRECTLY at the outlane drain perfectly.

#16186 1 year ago

i think in this case kickback= sling

try imparting a little upward force on the game when the ball hits the slingshot, to take some of the bite out of it. just use the palms of your hands to smack the lockdown bar "up" a little bit.

if you want to score high, you're gonna have to nudge/bump/pass etc. however, having played this game a lot, i can tell you that sling-to-outlane is still going to be your most common drain. there just isn't that much rubber on the playfield

#16187 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I'm talking the center lane... the bumpers. Those always seem to aim DIRECTLY at the outlane drain perfectly.

The drop targets? Yes, those are dangerous. Try backhanding them and once you have a path cleared, shoot through them, and then the game will clear the rest.

#16188 1 year ago

maxharvard are you talking about purple or blue

Screenshot 2022-09-28 112105 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-09-28 112105 (resized).png

'bumpers' usually means pop bumpers, which is cofusing (me) us

#16189 1 year ago

The blue circles in your diagram. I call those the 'bumpers' and the round ones in the upper right as "pops" or "jets" from Medevil Madness.

#16190 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

The blue circles in your diagram. I call those the 'bumpers' and the round ones in the upper right as "pops" or "jets" from Medevil Madness.

got it. those are typically referred to as slingshots

https://pinballmakers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Slingshots

#16191 1 year ago

My slings were doing the same, I lowered the power on them from 16 to 14. And it's been much better

#16192 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Yes. Now we’re back to my initial tip. What happens right before the ball goes into the slings? Do you miss a shot? What shot? I suggest trying to learn from certain misses and miss different so that this misses do not put your ball into the slings. Have to think 1-2 steps ahead always in pinball.

#16193 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My slings were doing the same, I lowered the power on them from 16 to 14. And it's been much better

That might be where mine are set. I lowered them a couple ticks from factory I believe, as they would launch balls straight over the inlanes.

#16194 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

This just made this game infinitely more enjoyable.

#16195 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Now we’re back to my initial tip. What happens right before the ball goes into the slings? Do you miss a shot? What shot? I suggest trying to learn from certain misses and miss different so that this misses do not put your ball into the slings. Have to think 1-2 steps ahead always in pinball.

Right now I'm working on my aim more than anything and being able to consistently hit the ramps and loops at will. But, that's proving to be pretty hard. Getting the 5-way combo is a goal in every game.

#16196 1 year ago

That’s a good goal. Remember you can get it from simply looping the same shot 5 times. I usually go left orbit.

#16197 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s a good goal. Remember you can get it from simply looping the same shot 5 times. I usually go left orbit.

My fave is the burn it back loop, when i get in a rhythm, i can nail that 4-5 times in a row.

#16198 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hitting that 3x or more consecutively is so satisfying

#16199 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

My fave is the burn it back loop, when i get in a rhythm, i can nail that 4-5 times in a row.

Reminds me of the inner loop in ToM. I love it. Flow shot.

#16200 1 year ago

Hi folks! Just picked up a very low play STh Premium with NIB topper, UV kit, etc. Man this machine is so underrated! I have it next to GZ Prem and DP Prem. they’re three of my absolute faves.

Anyways - question - the topper created massive glare on the glass. I assume invisiglass will be the answer for reducing that glare? I haven’t ever noticed other stern toppers doing this, but this one does in a few locations.

I was thinking a small black plastic shield / deflector below the topper could help and wouldn’t be too noticeable. Curious what others have done if anything?

Wouldn’t be as bad but this premium with projector is fun to play in lower light.

Thank you!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.