IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 449.
#16101 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Guess I need another person to lift the back of the play field to get to the back left underside nut lol. They don't make it easy.

Or do this…

#16102 1 year ago

Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

#16103 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

It has been reported that the latest code update for insider connected that added 'home team' has been causing occasional lockups on many titles. I imagine they will send another code update at some point.

I have players complaining of multiple resets on my ST pro on location after the update.

#16104 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

I have players complaining of multiple resets on my ST pro on location after the update.

Do you have insider connect hardware hooked up? From what I’ve seen the problems have been on people updating to the Home Team / etc code update without actually running insider connect.

#16105 1 year ago

I see that the new 1.07 code came out today, does anyone have a list of changes? I can't seem to find it.

#16106 1 year ago

PRO V1.07.0 - September 8, 2022
=====================

- Updated to System V3.22.0 and SPIKE OS V2.7.0
- Corrected potential game reset issue.
- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
scanning the WiFi setup QR code.
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
registered to a Pro account operating in a commercial environment.
- Added Standard Adjustment "REMOVE FRACTIONAL CREDITS". Values are:
"NEVER" and "AFTER X MINUTES IDLE", where X is between 30 and 240.
The default value is "NEVER". If the game is idle (no coin or flipper
switch activity in attract mode) for X minutes, any fractional credits will
be removed. Whole credits will NOT be removed.
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
fractional credits that have been removed when the game was idle.
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

#16107 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

, does anyone have a list of changes?

The readme links are there on the download page. Looks an update to fix the intermittent resets that came with the last version of code for all spike2 pins.

Here are the changes for 1.07:

LE/PRE V1.07.0 - September 8, 2022
=====================

- When entering a WiFi password, the previous characters will be displayed as an asterisk.
The WiFi password will be displayed as all asterisk when entering the setup screens or
- Added Service Menu Tech Alert when weak signal strength is detected. The signal strength
and SSID will be displayed. An average signal strength < 40 is considered weak. A weak
WiFi signal may contribute to a slower or inconsistent connection which may effect the abilty
to login or download software updates. Signal strength can be improved by the use of an
inexpensive WiFi extender. A wired Ethernet connection can also be used in cases where WiFi
signals are problematic.
- Added Standard Adjustment "ENABLE HOME TEAM IN COINPLAY", default value of NO.
Setting this to YES will allow Insider Home Team to be available for machines not
set to Free Play. Normally "USE INSIDER HOME TEAM" is only available in Free Play
mode. Many home players, who choose to use their game in Coin Play, have requested
the ability to enjoy Home Team! Setting this this adjustment to YES will default the Home
Team Guest Retention to Never. If you wish a different setting you will have update that
adjustment after enabling Home Team in CoinPlay. Home Team is not available for machines
- Added Standard Audit "FRACTIONAL CREDITS REMOVED", which will track the number of
- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically".

#16108 1 year ago

"- Changed the default value for Insider Connected Software Update to "Install updates automatically"."

Well... people should be aware of that.

#16109 1 year ago

is Corrected Potential Game Reset Issue the send it back bug?

#16110 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

No, the last update which added insider connected 'home team' was causing all the stern spike2 pins to reset randomly, so it looks like this fixes that.

#16111 1 year ago

Nah, it's in all of the game updates so I'm assuming the issue they were having with the last Insider Connect update that was affecting games across the board.

#16112 1 year ago

bah

#16113 1 year ago

I’ve always played the game with cleland sound and never played it without the custom code. I’m thinking of updating to latest code but need to remove cleland. Anyone happy with stock code or you think I should just wait for cleland support

#16114 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I’ve always played the game with cleland sound and never played it without the custom code. I’m thinking of updating to latest code but need to remove cleland. Anyone happy with stock code or you think I should just wait for cleland support

stock sound/code is fine with me. i don't like stuff from later seasons being added to the game but to each their own

#16115 1 year ago

I would think you could always try the stock version of whatever ver your Cleland image is based off of (1.05?) and easily swap between them if you wanted to see what life was like away from Cleland updates. Then if that's fine, upgrade to 1.07 and bask in the glow of the Home Team insider connect updates?

#16116 1 year ago

Balls to this update, the last update, and insider connected.

#16117 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I equipped my STh Pro with I/C as I like trying for the goals/achievements of all the Spike 2 games. My game was previously equipped with Cleland's sound mod. Cleland's sound mod does certainly add lots of ambiance to the game. Without it, I gotta admit that it has less personality and seems colder. I've been having fun with the I/C features though, so it hasn't bothered me that much yet, but in a perfect world, I'd love to have Cleland's sound mod back.

#16118 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

I equipped my STh Pro with I/C as I like trying for the goals/achievements of all the Spike 2 games. My game was previously equipped with Cleland's sound mod. Cleland's sound mod does certainly add lots of ambiance to the game. Without it, I gotta admit that it has less personality and seems colder. I've been having fun with the I/C features though, so it hasn't bothered me that much yet, but in a perfect world, I'd love to have Cleland's sound mod back.

If you have Pro you can use Cleland with IC functionality.

#16119 1 year ago

Cleland works great with IC on 1.05 but I'd love to have the home team update. I updated SW and Godzilla this morning but am on the fence about losing STh.

The audio mod really is great.

#16120 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

Cleland works great with IC on 1.05 but I'd love to have the home team update. I updated SW and Godzilla this morning but am on the fence about losing STh.
The audio mod really is great.

He noted that he will update Stranger Things to 1.06 (now 1.07) when Pinball Browser can open the image.

#16121 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

PRO V1.07.0 - September 8, 2022
=====================
signals are problematic.

Meh. When they actually add something to gameplay and or new clips/call outs I'll upgrade. Not likely to happen, though, so I'll stick with my Celand + code.

#16122 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

It isn't the same game without Cleland's code. None of this IC stuff is worth losing it IMO.

#16123 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Meh. When they actually add something to gameplay and or new clips/call outs I'll upgrade. Not likely to happen, though, so I'll stick with my Celand + code.

I'd change if they fix the S2 mini-wizard mode completion bug but yeah staying on Cleland 1.05 for now.

#16124 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Do you have insider connect hardware hooked up? From what I’ve seen the problems have been on people updating to the Home Team / etc code update without actually running insider connect.

Nope don’t have any connection on this machine.

#16125 1 year ago
Quoted from doublestack:

Nope don’t have any connection on this machine.

Hopefully the new 1.07 update should get you fixed up.

#16126 1 year ago

So I installed the new plastic from Stern, and it did not change anything on the TK Lock. What was it supposed to do that the other did not?

#16127 1 year ago

The new plastic is adjustable, it can slide left or right.

If you installed it with any room to slide the plastic to the left, try sliding it in that direction a little bit at a time and see if that makes an improvement.

If you've moved the plastic all the way to the left and the ball isn't flying past the magnet, then you will have to make sure the other adjustments listed in this thread are dialed in.

#16128 1 year ago

Cool, I do not know if the issue is that the magnet does not grab the ball, but rather the ball sometimes just does not make it fully up the ramp.

#16129 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

Cool, I do not know if the issue is that the magnet does not grab the ball, but rather the ball sometimes just does not make it fully up the ramp.

you really need to read the key posts in this thread. not only may you need to adjust the cover, but the mech that drives the arm could need adjusting in a number of ways as well. you have to be willing to work on the TK lock to get it to work right. my biggest issue was the arm being too close to the back wall, causing 'pinches' that would send weak shots back down the ramp and STDM.

this thread is a great resource but you're going to have to do some work yourself also. if the ball isn't making it up the ramp- which ramp? the plastic ramp that connects to the playfield? otherwise you're talking about the actuator arm, not the ramp- it also helps to be clear. No one here has live visibility into the back left corner of your game have you waxed stuff? do you have fans installed? this may take some time to fix. imagine what guys like chuck and count went through before Stern released the ramp cover fix...

i mean...have you gone through the menu and made sure the feature is even turned on?

#16130 1 year ago

you really need to read the key posts in this thread. not only may you need to adjust the cover, but the mech that drives the arm could need adjusting in a number of ways as well. you have to be willing to work on the TK lock to get it to work right. my biggest issue was the arm being too close to the back wall, causing 'pinches' that would send weak shots back down the ramp and STDM.
this thread is a great resource but you're going to have to do some work yourself also. if the ball isn't making it up the ramp- which ramp? the plastic ramp that connects to the playfield? otherwise you're talking about the actuator arm, not the ramp- it also helps to be clear. No one here has live visibility into the back left corner of your game have you waxed stuff? do you have fans installed? this may take some time to fix. imagine what guys like chuck and count went through before Stern released the ramp cover fix...
i mean...have you gone through the menu and made sure the feature is even turned on?

I appreciate it. Yeah, the feature is on. And agree, it is the actuator arm itself after the ramp. I will go through the steps outlined =)
But happy to snap a picture of the back left corner of my game lol

#16131 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:I appreciate it. Yeah, the feature is on. And agree, it is the actuator arm itself after the ramp. I will go through the steps outlined =)
But happy to snap a picture of the back left corner of my game lol

Like what SonOfaDiddly said, your best to look at key posts. Certain photos would help with ball distance but generally the won’t tell the full story. There’s a couple little things to adjust. Be patient; it’s a bit of a pain in the ass.

#16132 1 year ago

If a picture does anything, but I will look at the posts.

1006EA7D-579A-400B-8955-D75EDCFB7A4E (resized).jpeg1006EA7D-579A-400B-8955-D75EDCFB7A4E (resized).jpeg
#16133 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

If a picture does anything, but I will look at the posts.
[quoted image]

This is the post you’re looking for.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#16134 1 year ago

Where is the ball supposed to end up after a top speed burn it back loop. If our ball goes around top speed you have to hold the left flipper up or it will drain, then it bounces straight up and drains.
I moved the metal guide but it didn’t seem to help much. Curious if there is spot it is supposed guide to.
Thanks

#16135 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

Where is the ball supposed to end up after a top speed burn it back loop. If our ball goes around top speed you have to hold the left flipper up or it will drain, then it bounces straight up and drains.
I moved the metal guide but it didn’t seem to help much. Curious if there is spot it is supposed guide to.
Thanks

Mine pretty much returns on the middle of the left flipper. It usually leads to another BIB loop or sometimes the right ramp (or flying off the right ramp into strange places)

#16136 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

Thanks

Same here, middle flipper. Some times you can get on a roll and rip a few in a row. So fun

#16137 1 year ago

Yeah. Should be able to loop the BIB cleanly. Never seen it get too fast. I would check you ball guide on the exit of that shot. If you’re not the original owner, it’s possible someone bent that and messed up the loop shot.

#16138 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. Should be able to loop the BIB cleanly. Never seen it get too fast. I would check you ball guide on the exit of that shot. If you’re not the original owner, it’s possible someone bent that and messed up the loop shot.

Apparently the guide had gotten loose moved right at the exit and it looks like enough balls struck it that it’s slightly bent. I had moved it back toward the rail, but I need to move it more or consider a slight bend at the end where it was dented.
Thanks to those who chimed in

#16139 1 year ago

Yeah. Don’t bend the guide. Try and loosen the screw holding the guide to the playfield and move it a bit.

#16140 1 year ago

I cleaned up my left ramp, diverter, and back wall with some Novus 1 since it the TK lock was getting lazy like mentioned before. That REALLY speed it up and got the TK lock working reliably again.

I then wiped down the playfield with Novus and now it plays CRAZY fast and I feel like I'm training for the Olympics trying to get the ball under control.

#16141 1 year ago

I had the Send It Back bug bite me hard last night.

I was playing at my local arcade for the pin of the month high score challenge on an LE.

Long Ball 3, I start send it back. Finish the mode fully except for the last demo shot. Game freezes for 20 secs, then just ends. No bonus, no keep shooting. Just game over and enter initials. Finished with 1.7 billion but missed out on about 600m in bonus.

Argh! So frustrating! I hope they fix this soon!

#16142 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I was playing at my local arcade for the pin of the month high score challenge on an LE.
Long Ball 3, I start send it back. Finish the mode fully except for the last demo shot. Game freezes for 20 secs, then just ends. No bonus, no keep shooting. Just game over and enter initials. Finished with 1.7 billion but missed out on about 600m in bonus.

weak!

#16143 1 year ago

Has anyone successfully gotten more power out of the right flipper? My tk lock works almost all the time...the only time it fails is when a slower moving ball runs up the ramp...the lock activates.. and I can see the ball move up the arm...then the arm drops....and so does the ball. I wish the software would allow for more time on the arm to stay up. However...if I can add slightly more power on the ball from the right flipper....I'll never have the issue again.....or if anyone can tell me a way to extend the arm extension time...or the force at which it pulses up that would be great! From what I've been told...the tk power adjustment in software was never completed so tk power adjustments in settings are useless.
Wish they were coded in. I can guarantee if I could up the tk lock arm power...it would sling a slow ball to the magnet. Also...all adjustments have been made to the lock solenoid and ramp as well as the ramp cover.. this is simply a slow ball issue...Thoughts?

#16144 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Has anyone successfully gotten more power out of the right flipper? My tk lock works almost all the time...the only time it fails is when a slower moving ball runs up the ramp...the lock activates.. and I can see the ball move up the arm...then the arm drops....and so does the ball. I wish the software would allow for more time on the arm to stay up. However...if I can add slightly more power on the ball from the right flipper....I'll never have the issue again.....or if anyone can tell me a way to extend the arm extension time...or the force at which it pulses up that would be great! From what I've been told...the tk power adjustment in software was never completed so tk power adjustments in settings are useless.
Wish they were coded in. I can guarantee if I could up the tk lock arm power...it would sling a slow ball to the magnet. Also...all adjustments have been made to the lock solenoid and ramp as well as the ramp cover.. this is simply a slow ball issue...Thoughts?

Quoted from Neal_W:

I cleaned up my left ramp, diverter, and back wall with some Novus 1 since it the TK lock was getting lazy like mentioned before. That REALLY speed it up and got the TK lock working reliably again.
I then wiped down the playfield with Novus and now it plays CRAZY fast and I feel like I'm training for the Olympics trying to get the ball under control.

Wizards Mist n Shine also works great on left ramps, diverter arms and back walls for lazy TK locks.

#16145 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

turn the magnet power up?

#16146 1 year ago

turn the magnet power up?

Its not an electromagnet. Its a solid magnet that stays in place at all times....and has a solenoid that pulls the magnet off the wall when its time to drop the balls. Otherwise...great idea. That would probably also have done it.

Ramps are waxed...this issue just needs a little more power on the ball...

#16147 1 year ago
Quoted from KJS:

I have a friend needing a coil for his target bank...seems to be unobtainable??? Any hints?
32-1800
#090-5031-00-ND

Was this ever resolved? Have the same issue with the 090-5931-00-ND (32-1800) coil that brings 4-bank drops down fried and Marco and PBL sold out. Asking Pablo but checking here in meantime. There is a Bally/Williams 32-1800 available on Marco but wasn’t sure if this was exact same coil as Stern and would work?

#16148 1 year ago

Baby girl sad that the coil is down.

F467F3B7-12C3-4C80-A43C-E6E0C0F59C24 (resized).jpegF467F3B7-12C3-4C80-A43C-E6E0C0F59C24 (resized).jpeg
#16149 1 year ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

Man, I must doing something wrong because I just got through the first Isolation mode with only 350M... what the hell am I doing wrong to have such a low-assed score?

I started the first TK MB on a mode, got an add-a-ball and still for some reason can't crack 750M even when i get past Iso1

#16150 1 year ago

Need to concentrate on trap em multiball. A long MB there is 400-500 million.

Always be at 5x bonus too. Play lots of different modes and MBs to Jack up the bonus. Should be getting 200 million plus per end of ball bonus if you’re doing well.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 323 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/323 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.