IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 448.
#16001 1 year ago

I can honestly say this game is bolted to the floor.

#16002 1 year ago

He made it on my Metallica

17DA6EA0-1E3D-4B0B-B94A-A91DDD73BF2E (resized).jpeg17DA6EA0-1E3D-4B0B-B94A-A91DDD73BF2E (resized).jpeg
#16003 1 year ago

Hi all, I'm helping out a friend that recently bought a Stranger Things LE with bad playfield wear behind the drop targets.

I was wondering if there is anyone with a spare playfield that could possibly take some high quality photos of the drop target area? I would like to try and make up a small decal to cover the wear before they put a Cliffy over it.

If anyone can help out, you you please send me a PM?

Cheers!
Adam

#16004 1 year ago

Hey guys just a query for any Stranger Things Premium or LE owners .. when your demagorgan shakes (mainly when it does it for an extended time once its defeated before the ramp goes back up), does the head vibrate against the plastics behind it? I noticed it's hitting both pieces behind. I'm not sure how I would go about adjusting any of it considering it all looks like it's in the place it should be..I'm a new pinball owner so any advice on adjustments for the demagorgan position or plastics behind would be appreciated. I know the previous owner replaced the demagorgan before I purchased as one of the leaves was broken. Thank you

#16005 1 year ago

I thought I’d take a look at Flip N Out’s Vault where they sell their more “rare” items at a premium. They have a Stranger Things Pro for $9000 and a UV kit for $700. I know they are both NIB, but $9700 - No topper, No art blades, No shaker, No shooter rod? What does a HUO pro go for with all that stuff these days? Over $9,000?

#16006 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I thought I’d take a look at Flip N Out’s Vault where they sell their more “rare” items at a premium. They have a Stranger Things Pro for $9000 and a UV kit for $700. I know they are both NIB, but $9700 - No topper, No art blades, No shaker, No shooter rod? What does a HUO pro go for with all that stuff these days? Over $9,000?

We only have one distributor in Sydney. They sold the last pros at RRP and include the UV kit at no added cost. Don’t understand why some US Distributors price gouge their customers.

#16007 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Home use pros have been going for around 76 to $7,800 in the marketplace with the UV kit

#16008 1 year ago

Supply and demand and it's probably the last nib anywhere. Plus it's a business not a private deal, I'm sure if you talked to him direct there would be a bit of negotiating room too.

#16009 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

We only have one distributor in Sydney. They sold the last pros at RRP and include the UV kit at no added cost. Don’t understand why some US Distributors price gouge their customers.

It's called "GREED".

#16010 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Typical for what I’ve seen them sell stuff at in the past. Absolute, peak market top dollar.

#16011 1 year ago

It's not NIB. from the site
No Longer In Production - Preowned In Box From Stern Pinball.This game was likely opened new and played at a show/convention or used at Stern headquarters, then boxed back up for resale.

#16012 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

It's not NIB. from the site

Good catch. Didn’t read the fine print…

#16013 1 year ago

Anyone selling an LE? Looking to buy even at Pinside prices

#16014 1 year ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

Anyone selling an LE? Looking to buy even at Pinside prices

Yes there are i believe 2 le's listed in marketplace currently.

#16015 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Yes there are i believe 2 le's listed in marketplace currently.

Nope...I'm wrong...both those le machines already sold. Damn...that was fast. And expensive...I think there is a premium still for 16k ....in my opinion just as good as the le and I believe produced in fewer numbers than the le but I may be wrong.

#16016 1 year ago

I’ve been tempted to list my Premium in this market just to see what types of other high value trades it could fetch…not really sure if I could go through with it tho

#16017 1 year ago

I might cash out on my LE and EHOH LE. The prices are tempting me. I love these two games though. But, I like other games too. I also have STRANGER things arcade game I had made to match the LE. If anyone wants an arcade with thousands of games. ITs very cool actually.

IMG_6650 (resized).jpegIMG_6650 (resized).jpegIMG_8238 (resized).jpegIMG_8238 (resized).jpeg
#16018 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:I might cash out on my LE and EHOH LE. The prices are tempting me. I love these two games though. But, I like other games too. I also have STRANGER things arcade game I had made to match the LE. If anyone wants an arcade with thousands of games. ITs very cool actually.[quoted image][quoted image]

Will you please let me know if you decide to sell your STLE? I’m ready to add one to my collection, have positive Pinside feedback, and willing to pay for shipping. I prefer a HUO like yours at this point and it would be going to a good home

#16019 1 year ago

I just looked mine only has 348 plays lol

#16020 1 year ago

I think there would be lots of interest. Myself included.

#16021 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I think there would be lots of interest. Myself included.

Your name cracks me up. Just sayin’
Lol

#16022 1 year ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Your name cracks me up. Just sayin’
Lol

Hahaha I’m glad

#16023 1 year ago

I’m going to look at a pro and hopefully bring it home. I’ve had a look through the key posts but if anyone has any tips for things to look out for I’d be grateful. It has a few thousand plays so I want to check it out properly.

Briefly reading through some posts, were the demogorgon ramps changed at some point to make that shot easier? If so, can you get a new style replacement anywhere if it still has an old style ramp? I may have got that completely wrong and they weren’t changed.

#16024 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I’m going to look at a pro and hopefully bring it home. I’ve had a look through the key posts but if anyone has any tips for things to look out for I’d be grateful. It has a few thousand plays so I want to check it out properly.
Briefly reading through some posts, were the demogorgon ramps changed at some point to make that shot easier? If so, can you get a new style replacement anywhere if it still has an old style ramp? I may have got that completely wrong and they weren’t changed.

I don't really know that there's any widespread issues to look out for. On my dec 2021 run pro, I got some clearcoat chipping off the right demogorgan post within the first 200 games...but it doesn't really seem like anyone else has had issues. I guess the one thing you could look for is the left ramp gets cut into by the metal ball guide underneath it - generally you can replace the decal but if it's bad enough it could have cut through into the plastic. Might not be easy to diagnose without pulling the ramp off though.

The main thing with the demogorgan shot is removing the spacers, which is an easy job after you get it home if it's not already done.

#16025 1 year ago

i think way back in the day a few machines had the wrong ramp installed from the factory and required replacements. id say check next to the E target where the ball comes out of the saucer to make sure it's not too worn down/can be fixed with mylar

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#16026 1 year ago
Quoted from NoSkills:

I picked up a Stranger Things Pro a few months ago that was routed in a previous life (came with ~7k plays). All-in-all, I didn't find a ton of things to address that are particular to ST. Definitely needed cleaned/rubbers replaced, new balls, but that's any machine. I found a tiny bit of wear from the left kick-out, but it's truthfully pretty hard to notice. The post rubbers in particular needed replaced, since the drop targets had probably been cutting in to them for a while.

#16027 1 year ago

What's everyone think is the hardest S1/S2 mode to complete "perfectly" (aka 2 drawings / get the Insider Connected 3rd achievement)?

I have 170 plays in and have 4 I haven't done - What Mama Says, Save Will, Turn Up The Heat, and Morse Code (season 2 theme going on). For me it has to be Turn Up The Heat - one brick on any target and you're done. Honorable mention to Save Will on the 5-way combo.

#16028 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

What's everyone think is the hardest S1/S2 mode to complete "perfectly" (aka 2 drawings / get the Insider Connected 3rd achievement)?
I have 170 plays in and have 4 I haven't done - What Mama Says, Save Will, Turn Up The Heat, and Morse Code (season 2 theme going on). For me it has to be Turn Up The Heat - one brick on any target and you're done. Honorable mention to Save Will on the 5-way combo.

Yeah save will is nuts hard. Also the compass one can literally be impossible if you accidentally hit the mystery shot.

#16029 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah save will is nuts hard. Also the compass one can literally be impossible if you accidentally hit the mystery shot.

Yeah, I must have lucked that one out somewhere along the way.

It'd be nice if Save Will started with a left ramp / left orbit shot since you're getting returned to the right inlane to start the mode. Guess I need to work on my passing.

#16030 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yeah, I must have lucked that one out somewhere along the way.
It'd be nice if Save Will started with a left ramp / left orbit shot since you're getting returned to the right inlane to start the mode. Guess I need to work on my passing.

Then you wouldn’t be able to do a true combo for the whole mode. To get a five way with unique shots, I think it has to start with the right ramp. But not sure why the combo ends with mystery/ramp instead of right orbit.

#16031 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Quarter Hunt. Have to hit those damn ramps way too many times. Honorable mention to Operation Mirkwood and Follow The Compass.

#16032 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Quarter Hunt. Have to hit those damn ramps way too many times.

You actually don’t have to hit the ramps at all. All the ramps do is increase the switch value. You thinking of Mirkwood? That’s definitely hard too.

#16033 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Quarter Hunt. Have to hit those damn ramps way too many times. Honorable mention to Operation Mirkwood and Follow The Compass.

That's probably my favorite mode / my most-often 2 Drawings'd mode. I generally try to hit the ramps a couple times to increase the value then rip the spinner. Great if you can stack a multiball on top of it too.

#16034 1 year ago

While I’m thinking of Mirkwood, don’t you have to combo the ramps 5 times each to get two drawings? That’s gotta be the hardest.

#16035 1 year ago

Ive been meaning to reroute a wire that was showing under the lighted apron artwork on the right side.

Tonight I got in there and did it but found something weird… while I was rerouting the led lighting wire for the apron artwork on my premium STh; I noticed this sticker on the edge of my playfield. It says Goonies on it.

Probably means nothing but does anyone else’s premium have this sticker on their machine?

FA529712-79C5-4AD6-8EF1-EA9B6FDFFD54 (resized).jpegFA529712-79C5-4AD6-8EF1-EA9B6FDFFD54 (resized).jpegFF69B9CB-433B-4889-BE1C-67A48820A907 (resized).jpegFF69B9CB-433B-4889-BE1C-67A48820A907 (resized).jpeg
#16036 1 year ago

My Telekinesis mutiball lock mech is not being activated when the ball rolls up the left ramp.

Anyone else have this issue?

I think the the first opto is not working. Because in the test mode the coil fires and moves the arm that diverts the ball. But If I hit the stand up targets to initiate ball lock ready and pass a ball through nothing happens but the second opto picks up the passing of the ball and then shows the ball locked. So I am able to get the multiball going but no balls are physically being locked without that arm moving.

Checked for loose wire connectors and loose harnesses on the board but I didn’t find anything.

#16037 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-Obsessed:

Ive been meaning to reroute a wire that was showing under the lighted apron artwork on the right side.
Tonight I got in there and did it but found something weird… while I was rerouting the led lighting wire for the apron artwork on my premium STh; I noticed this sticker on the edge of my playfield. It says Goonies on it.
Probably means nothing but does anyone else’s premium have this sticker on their machine?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Stern has code words for all games in production. Goonies was for stranger things.

#16038 1 year ago

My Telekinesis mutiball lock mech is not being activated when the ball rolls up the left ramp.
Anyone else have this issue?
I think the the first opto is not working. Because in the test mode the coil fires and moves the arm that diverts the ball. But If I hit the stand up targets to initiate ball lock ready and pass a ball through nothing happens but the second opto picks up the passing of the ball and then shows the ball locked. So I am able to get the multiball going but no balls are physically being locked without that arm moving.
Checked for loose wire connectors and loose harnesses on the board but I didn’t find anything.

Put the game in switch test and see if the opto in the first half of the left ramp registers.

#16039 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern has code words for all games in production. Goonies was for stranger things.

Ah ok.

Damn! Would love a Goonies by Stern!

#16040 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Put the game in switch test and see if the opto in the first half of the left ramp registers.

Thanks.

I’ll try this tomorrow and post here again on what I find.

#16041 1 year ago

Does anyone have a copy of V1.05.0 code for Stranger Things Pro?

The new code has been causing random reboots on my non-insider connected machine.

Thanks in advance !

#16042 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did the switch test and I was able to isolate the issue to the opto. Jiggled the wires close to the optos a bit and it starting working. So hopefully just a loose connection there right and that’s all (issue might be right at the wire that connects to the opto) But, Telekinesis locks working again so I’m playing some games right now!

Thank you for the info.

#16043 1 year ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yup mine has this too

#16044 1 year ago

I know this subject has been touched but I’m wondering if there’s some thing more recent that can help me. The telekinesis magnet is pretty tough to get working. It’ll work one out of 10 times. I could see the problem possibly being that the arm needs to be a little bit more back so the ball can ride on it more smoother. It kind of seems like it’s hitting the corner plastic before it makes contact with the metal bracket. Causing it to come to a Sord of stop or slow down. The bracket position at the swivel part in the corner looks like it cannot be moved. It’s set in that spot. Any suggestions? Any tips or advice would be appreciated

#16045 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

I know this subject has been touched but I’m wondering if there’s some thing more recent that can help me. The telekinesis magnet is pretty tough to get working. It’ll work one out of 10 times. I could see the problem possibly being that the arm needs to be a little bit more back so the ball can ride on it more smoother. It kind of seems like it’s hitting the corner plastic before it makes contact with the metal bracket. Causing it to come to a Sord of stop or slow down. The bracket position at the swivel part in the corner looks like it cannot be moved. It’s set in that spot. Any suggestions? Any tips or advice would be appreciated

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

#16046 1 year ago

I have a replacement decal for the underside of the left ramp. Original showing wear from the ball guide it rests on .
Any top tips for replacing it ? Does the old one just peel off easily enough ?
I have extra Mylar to put over the new one, and have already foil taped the ball guide.

#16047 1 year ago
Quoted from radiomoz:

Here are a two tips that greatly improved it working when I had the game.

Wax the decal that the ball rides against.

Install the Stern Ramp Cover Fix.

In the end, the TK lock was just one of the nails in the coffin that made me get rid of the game. I was able to get the the TK lock to work damn near prefect but then it would slowly start to stop working correctly. It seems like I was always messing with it and company would hate it because if it wasn't a clean shot, it would not grab the ball. You can't back hand the shot either, no matter how well it works and the fans for the flippers, complete waste of money.

#16048 1 year ago

if people would regularly clean and wax their games no one would need flipper fans the hobby seems to have done just fine without them for a hundred years or so

check the coil stop position on the TK arm coil, the same advice i always give in this situation. it's probably pinching the ball against the wall and should almost touch the decorative plastic in front of it when adjusted correctly

#16049 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

if people would regularly clean and wax their games no one would need flipper fans the hobby seems to have done just fine without them for a hundred years or so
check the coil stop position on the TK arm coil, the same advice i always give in this situation. it's probably pinching the ball against the wall and should almost touch the decorative plastic in front of it when adjusted correctly

I beg to differ, My machine is cleaned regularly and I also clean the flippers regularly to keep them in tip top condition. I've got well documented data that I've sent to Brian Eddy showing the flipper fade on my game. Shots become impossible after 50 minutes of constant playing which is just one good game for me. Nothing is worse than getting to the final demogorgon mode at 45 or 50 minutes in and not being able to make the jackpot shots. Once I installed the flipper fans the problem was gone completely.

Does that mean every game needs them? no it does not. Stern was unable to determine the cause of the flipper fade and recommended some cooling. I've seen it recommended for AIQ as well and I didn't think it was needed until I started having the 45-60 minute games. Now I'm recognizing the capt marvel ramp gets harder and harder to hit as the game progresses. My other games I don't feel fade at all.

#16050 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Nope. While people have done fine, fans undoubtedly help under long periods of play for those of use with exact OCD in the area of shot consistency.

This game is the worst offender for flipper fade I’ve ever seen. Normally it’s a minor issue that can be handled by adjusting play style.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.