IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 449.
#15951 1 year ago

Got my starbright9 material in on Friday. Spent some of the weekend installing it on stand ups and drop down targets as well as the screen billboard and spinner....if anyone is interested to see the end results...I have two videos below. One shows it with the screens off as well...because I know some people would like to see what it looks like off. My next step is to do the ramps....

#15952 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Got my starbright9 material in on Friday. Spent some of the weekend installing it on stand ups and drop down targets as well as the screen billboard and spinner....if anyone is interested to see the end results...I have two videos below. One shows it with the screens off as well...because I know some people would like to see what it looks like off. My next step is to do the ramps....

Looks sweet. Just got my screen material a couple weeks ago. I ordered the adhesive backing someone recommended from Amazon. I assume u did that as well?

#15953 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Looks sweet. Just got my screen material a couple weeks ago. I ordered the adhesive backing someone recommended from Amazon. I assume u did that as well?

I did. Once you figure out how to put the backer material on without errors...you're good to go. There is a process for sure. Once done...IMHO it looks much better than the white material. I highly recommend a simple Amazon slide cutting board.....all my cuts ended up perfectly clean and square.

#15954 1 year ago

ok fine buying some

#15955 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

This looks way better.. Where is the link for the material? Also, did you place it on the drops and everywhere else?

#15956 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Nice job! I am waiting for someone to start selling this cut to fit. Anyone want to take on that project?

#15957 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nice job! I am waiting for someone to start selling this cut to fit. Anyone want to take on that project?

I thought about looking into that...just not sure if there would be enough interest.

There is an awesome thread about the brightstar material. Another member here came up with the idea...and I just followed the thread. If anyone is interested in how to apply the adhesive to the back...and correctly apply them I can do a simple video....

#15958 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

This looks way better.. Where is the link for the material? Also, did you place it on the drops and everywhere else?

Quoted from barakawins:

The link is https://shop.elitescreens.com/

So far all I have done is the drop targets..stand ups...spinner...billboard and main screen. My plan is to do the ramps faces and leave the others in factory material. There is no real gain to be had by adding the new material due to the extreme reverse viewing angle of the material.

#15959 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

The link is https://shop.elitescreens.com/
So far all I have done is the drop targets..stand ups...spinner...billboard and main screen. My plan is to do the ramps faces and leave the others in factory material. There is no real gain to be had by adding the new material due to the extreme reverse viewing angle of the material.

Thanks for the link. What is the actual product to purchase for the screens?

#15960 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Thanks for the link. What is the actual product to purchase for the screens?

Search starbright9 and get 4 or 5 sample sheets....

4 is enough if you're not gonna make mistakes....5 is enough for plenty of extra future material and practice...

#15961 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

Search starbright9 and get 4 or 5 sample sheets....
4 is enough if you're not gonna make mistakes....5 is enough for plenty of extra future material and practice...

Got it . thanks.

#15962 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Other links and information available here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details#post-6222860

#15964 1 year ago

Looks so good with that material nice job.. Anyone found any alternate screen materials in Australia? Can't get the elitescreen to post here. sadly got damage to the left and right decal edges where someone has hit the ball into it when triing the demogorgan shot.

#15965 1 year ago

Haven’t posted in a while. Kids met a bunch of the STH cast this weekend at Fanexpo in Toronto (Canadas comic-con) Eddie Munson, Mike, Vecna, and Chrissy were there. It’s astounding the money Eddie made. I played an LE (so good) came home played my premium… record ball 1 for me…

$894 shmill

53C525E2-4078-4591-93B6-5D55E86A4E1A (resized).jpeg53C525E2-4078-4591-93B6-5D55E86A4E1A (resized).jpeg

#15966 1 year ago

For those that joined the club within the last 6 months or so:

If you’re comfortable sharing (publicly or privately), what did you pay or trade for your Premium? Curious what is actual market value vs asking price these days

For starters, I traded a GZ prem with around 100 plays and a shaker + $600 cash (so about $9650 all in).. for a Premium with every official Stern accessory and a handful of other Lermods items.

#15967 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

If you’re comfortable sharing (publicly or privately), what did you pay or trade for your Premium? Curious what is actual market value vs asking price these days
For starters, I traded a GZ prem with around 100 plays and a shaker + $600 cash (so about $9650 all in).. for a Premium with every official Stern accessory and a handful of other Lermods items.

I paid 13k a couple weeks ago , he threw in the stair, underground and tank mods for 675and deliver for 300. So 14k all in on a 1000 play machine. They seem to keep going up and up

16CF84C7-0AF3-4E87-9C78-C9E4B4EDCA2A (resized).jpeg16CF84C7-0AF3-4E87-9C78-C9E4B4EDCA2A (resized).jpeg
#15968 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Haven’t posted in a while. Kids met a bunch of the STH cast this weekend at Fanexpo in Toronto (Canadas comic-con) Eddie Munson, Mike, Vecna, and Chrissy were there. It’s astounding the money Eddie made. I played an LE (so good) came home played my premium… record ball 1 for me…
$894 shmill
[quoted image]

Err... what ???? What was your end score ??

#15969 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I paid 13k a couple weeks ago , he threw in the stair, underground and tank mods for 675and deliver for 300. So 14k all in on a 1000 play machine. They seem to keep going up and up[quoted image]

Stranger Things is a great game but I don't think it is worth what people are asking for it but then again, most pinball machines are not worth what people are asking for them.

#15970 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I picked up a loaded Premium (Pinwoofer, UV, blades, shooter rod, etc.) about 6 months ago for $12K. Seemed like a lot, but I don't think you can find a deal like that now.

#15971 1 year ago

I remember reading someone trying to run premium code on a pro, but can't remember if it was in this thread or a separate thread. I tried searching but couldn't find it. Anyone know where that discussion is? I wanted to check in and see how that progressed.

#15972 1 year ago

Premium...purchased a few weeks ago. 600 or so plays...paid 14k.
Unfortunately for buyers...prices are on the rise...and are selling. I was in the market a while and missed out on a few of them.
I don't think any pinball machine is worth over 10k yet here we are. And ill be honest...I absolutely love this game and all the features. I also like that its rare and retired...

#15973 1 year ago

I paid $7,800 about 2 months ago for a Pro and the UV kit. Technically 'new' but was a floor model at a store near me, had 200 plays.

#15974 1 year ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I remember reading someone trying to run premium code on a pro, but can't remember if it was in this thread or a separate thread. I tried searching but couldn't find it. Anyone know where that discussion is? I wanted to check in and see how that progressed.

I think the premium code runs on a pro no problem.

#15975 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Correct. Have been doing this for a while. You just have to disable the TK lock.

#15976 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Correct. Have been doing this for a while. You just have to disable the TK lock.

Are you able to use the “swipe a ball” feature? Have you noticed any issues with missing video on your screen?

#15977 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes, I thought that's what I remember the person saying, and seemed they wanted to research integrating features from the premium. That's the part I was curious about how they progressed.

I have STh premium, but I have GZ Pro. I added a building diverter to my GZ pro which simulates the behavior of the premium.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-pro-vs-premium-/page/2#post-7089144

#15978 1 year ago

Can I ask what strategy people are using to get to 1B pts? I can make it to Isolation #1 and a little beyond but can't crack 600M

#15979 1 year ago

Timely 2x scoring and crushing the trap em multiball. You can get 500-600 from that mode alone.

Big bonuses too. Always be getting 5x bonus.

#15980 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Timely 2x scoring and crushing the trap em multiball. You can get 500-600 from that mode alone.
Big bonuses too. Always be getting 5x bonus.

For trap'em you just smash both demogorgans and then just keep hitting ramps during the bonus?

#15981 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Can I ask what strategy people are using to get to 1B pts? I can make it to Isolation #1 and a little beyond but can't crack 600M

I mainly focus on modes and my demogorgon drop target hits are either accidental or when I have a ball save.

Bonus is huge so always be cognizant of lighting the 4 inlane "targets"- if a ball is being returned to you one way or another, 100% of the time, use it to light an inlane target, can catch a ball so it rolls back up an inlane and before it comes back down over the inlane switch, use the flipper to change the inlane target and get a 2 for 1, etc.

Try to hold TK multiball start back until you start a mode or something else where it can be useful. Use it to advance your burn it back loops if all else fails. I try to get my first super jackpot for 2 drawings but after that don't really focus on jackpots. I'll even be conservative enough to where I'll let a ball drain if I'm down to 2 balls and can catch one, as I've had enough instances where both balls drain due to lack of control in multiball.

Be careful on drop target modes (sometimes if you can't run one of these with TK multiball, they're almost not worth trying to complete, but try to shave the drop targets with dead or angled shots if you must).

Most of the time I let at least the first demodog mode timeout.

#15982 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I’ll be calling some of our reps this week. I truly can’t see why my company wouldn’t be able to figure out some sort of solution… I’ll keep you updated

So, did you ever make any headway on getting the projector to work in a pro?

#15983 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

For trap'em you just smash both demogorgans and then just keep hitting ramps during the bonus?

First demo kill sets the jackpot value. Second demo kill lights all shots for jackpots. Collect all red arrows to light super jackpot hurry up at the demo. Kill it to collect and lock in value. Kill again to collect the super a second time. Rinse repeat.

#15984 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

First demo kill sets the jackpot value. Second demo kill lights all shots for jackpots. Collect all red arrows to light super jackpot hurry up at the demo. Kill it to collect and lock in value. Kill again to collect the super a second time. Rinse repeat.

Isn't there a cooldown-ish score for the 2nd kill as well?

And I forget, does using the bomb on one (or either) 1/2 the score value, I feel like?

#15985 1 year ago

Second kill is just a collect of the first kill score again. Use demo bomb right away to get the full jackpot value locked in for the rest of the MB.

#15986 1 year ago

Ill pile on and say no matter what strat your doing, try and keep the ball going. There is a bonus for combo shots during modes and multiballs. I thiiink it doubles and if not 1.5x, which then gets doubled during 2x scoring, so if you can your doing yourself a favor by keeping the shots flowing.

#15987 1 year ago

Combo shots are not multiplied except for the run will mode.

They were early on, but got nerfed

#15988 1 year ago

my strategy is to try to start as many season modes as possible. even if you miss mode shots you're starting dd modes, building bib and qualifying TK mb. ime the ball will hit the center drops enough in the course of starting season modes that dg modes happen largely spontaneously

I am literally trying to get to final showdown every time I play why have a game at home otherwise

#15989 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

my strategy is to try to start as many season modes as possible. even if you miss mode shots you're starting dd modes, building bib and qualifying TK mb. ime the ball will hit the center drops enough in the course of starting season modes that dg modes happen largely spontaneously
I am literally trying to get to final showdown every time I play why have a game at home otherwise

Not to mention modes are a good way to 2 extra balls.

#15990 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Combo shots are not multiplied except for the run will mode.
They were early on, but got nerfed

I feel like you can score pretty good if you quickly combo the main shots on Upside Down 2/4/etc.

#15991 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I feel like you can score pretty good if you quickly combo the main shots on Upside Down 2/4/etc.

yeah but that's because those are hurry ups, not because of a combo multiplier

#15992 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Yes. That is another mode where the shots are multiplied. Each one made increases by 1x. Only during the ramps and orbits upside down modes.

If you perfectly combo that mode so that you’re maximizing the hurry up values, you can get 80-90 million single value. 2x playfield and do that, and the mode can be big.

#15993 1 year ago

well I stand corrected

#15994 1 year ago

I think the community did a great job getting all the game’s rules nuances covered here.

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet/6093

#15995 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the community did a great job getting all the game’s rules nuances covered here.
http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet/6093

This is still showing combos doubling lit shots, latest refrence is 1.02. Scanned the readme and while 1.01 does say they fixed the points for combo shots, the readme doesn't refrence doing away with them either.

#15996 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Second kill is just a collect of the first kill score again. Use demo bomb right away to get the full jackpot value locked in for the rest of the MB.

I did just go down to play "for science" and noticed that when I hit the demo bomb, it shows that it awards 1/2 of the hurry up value, but 1) 2nd kill is still awarded the full value and 2) jackpots awarded the full value.

My big games have pretty much all been making it to at least one if not both of the S1/S2 mini-wizard modes, there's pretty high scoring on those (and still have to force drain on S2 mode, but at least it's obvious when you get to the final shot).

#15997 1 year ago

On my machine the demo bomb is halving the current shot value. I believe on what's that the initial shot is worth 5 million. I get 2.5 with the button and I can usually get that mouth shot before it's below 4 mil. I've actually stopped using the button for the most part.

I'll have to check to see if I get awarded the full value on the shots after that. If it does that might make the button useful to me but I would bet that's a bug.

#15998 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

This is still showing combos doubling lit shots, latest refrence is 1.02. Scanned the readme and while 1.01 does say they fixed the points for combo shots, the readme doesn't refrence doing away with them either.

Under 5 way combo? I see that now. I fixed it to take out that sentence.

#15999 1 year ago
C3A34772-5FF5-4149-848D-E4AFDAED2DC7 (resized).pngC3A34772-5FF5-4149-848D-E4AFDAED2DC7 (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 320 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/320?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.