IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 449.
#15851 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Don’t put a playfield protector on. Trust me, you’ll thank me. They play like shit

Even though I suggested the playfield protector, I do agree with MaxAMillion on this one. I had one on my AC/DC. I found it collected debris beneath it easy, so I was always lifting it to try to get the smallest of things out from under it, and one time I scratched it on the underside with my fingernail or something, and that scratch was very noticeable, so I just said F it, and cut the protector out with scissors. In addition to the housekeeping issues I mentioned, it did play weird to me.

I bought a previously routed Stranger Things Pro that had a whopping 26,000 plays on it, and the playfield was pounded nicely flat, with really consistent nice orange peel patina over the whole thing, and all of the inserts survived with no ghosting other than some minimal ghosting around a few inserts that never strayed past the black key lines and appeared to be stable. So with enough plays, the dimpling really does even out nicely, it just takes a while. That being said, there are a few playfields that seem softer than others from the get go, but evidently the Stranger Things Pro I bought had a pretty good quality playfield in it. With the amount air balls this game gets, I reasoned it was probably a good idea to buy a well used example to verify playfield quality and not have to worry about me putting dimples in it and leave it to someone else (in my case a few thousand paying customers, LOL).

#15852 1 year ago

Stranger Things is a sorta a game that beats the shit out of itself as you play it. I'm honestly glad I got rid of mine when I did, zero regrets. While it is not a bad game, the Pro actually plays better than the Premium IMO. Your mileage may very as well as your opinion.

#15853 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Even though I suggested the playfield protector, I do agree with MaxAMillion on this one. I had one on my AC/DC. I found it collected debris beneath it easy, so I was always lifting it to try to get the smallest of things out from under it, and one time I scratched it on the underside with my fingernail or something, and that scratch was very noticeable, so I just said F it, and cut the protector out with scissors. In addition to the housekeeping issues I mentioned, it did play weird to me.
I bought a previously routed Stranger Things Pro that had a whopping 26,000 plays on it, and the playfield was pounded nicely flat, with really consistent nice orange peel patina over the whole thing, and all of the inserts survived with no ghosting other than some minimal ghosting in around a few inserts that never strayed past the black key lines and appeared to be stable. So with enough plays, the dimpling really does even out nicely, it just takes a while. That being said, there are a few playfields that seem softer than others from the get go, but evidently the Stranger Things Pro I bought had a pretty good quality playfield in it. With the amount air balls this game gets, I reasoned it was probably a good idea to buy a well used example to verify playfield quality and not have to worry about me putting dimples in it and leave it to someone else (in my case a few thousand paying customers, LOL).

26K plays.. Damn that seems like a ton. The owner def came out financially ahead on that one. Wonder what type of location(s) it was in

#15854 1 year ago

27 games a day, every day since release. gotta be a pinbar/league place

#15855 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

26K plays.. Damn that seems like a ton. The owner def came out financially ahead on that one. Wonder what type of location(s) it was in

I think it was a pinbar type place somewhere in Ohio. I'm the third owner. The first owner was the operator. I could probably find out specific info from the second owner. I was just amazed it was in the condition it was in when I looked at it, and was happy to see the playfield in good shape, dimpled flat (including no raised inserts), and not trashed. I thought to myself "I don't have to worry about dimples at all with this one", not that I worry about dimples anymore, but you know what I mean. I could just tell that my meager home usage will have no impact on wear and tear after it survived its tour of duty.

#15856 1 year ago

2100 plays in and the only wear that's even visible (besides the white ramp standups and the drop bank before they're cleaned) is the saucer, which is to be expected. sure was nervous for the first 1k plays about those dimples, though

it's sort of insane, even the tips of the flipper rubbers which got gnarled to utter shit in about 200 games on F-14, are basically unmarred

#15857 1 year ago

There was a user on here that was waiting for their stranger things premium so he can try to see if he could brake into the projector. Any luck with this?

#15858 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

There was a user on here that was waiting for their stranger things premium so he can try to see if he could brake into the projector. Any luck with this?

he got his game but we haven't heard anything

#15859 1 year ago

Looks like no more accessories coming.

Just received a cancelation notice on my preorder stuff at Cointaker.

#15860 1 year ago

I hope everyone got a UV kit.

#15861 1 year ago

Better stock up on those projectors.

#15862 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Better stock up on those projectors.

The projectors aren't licensed items. A large distributor I spoke with recently told me it is Stern policy to make replacement parts for any given title for at least 5 years.

There should be more projector availability even if out of stock right now. UV kits or side armor... unlikely.

#15863 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

The projectors aren't licensed items. A large distributor I spoke with recently told me it is Stern policy to make replacement parts for any given title for at least 5 years.
There should be more projector availability even if out of stock right now. UV kits or side armor... unlikely.

It's your game and your chance to take. Good Luck

#15864 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Looks like no more accessories coming.
Just received a cancelation notice on my preorder stuff at Cointaker.

What are you looking for? I am in the process of trading my game and have a brand new shooter rod never installed, some wizmods art blades and apron cover, all never installed.

#15865 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It's your game and your chance to take. Good Luck

What chance am I taking? Are you saying you have a stock pile you are auctioning off?

#15866 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

What are you looking for? I am in the process of trading my game and have a brand new shooter rod never installed, some wizmods art blades and apron cover, all never installed.

I had the side armor and a pro UV on order (just in case I couldn't find a premium). But I got their last Premium UV back in the day, the shooter and topper. Just need a machine. HA!!!

#15867 1 year ago

Spoiler shit deleted.

#15868 1 year ago

SPOILERS!!!

I believe they are just doing their standard application of D&D character names to their enemies. Vecna is a D&D monster. Until they meet back up with 11, I don’t think they know anything about 1/Henry.

#15869 1 year ago

Spoiler shit deleted.

#15870 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What chance am I taking? Are you saying you have a stock pile you are auctioning off?

Is 25 a stock pile?

#15871 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

SPOLIER:
I agree the name Vecna came from D&D, but my recollection is that they had the dilemma of whether to call him Vecna, 1, or Henry before they had contact with 11, same as you... 11 was being rescued by Jonathan, Mike etc, but the others who were plotting to kill Vecna were 2000miles away and it's they who were calling Vecna 1 and Henry... so how did they know at that time he was also 1 and Henry at different parts of his life? Just wondering if I missed something...

I’m assuming you’re missing something. I would have to go back and rewatch to find this occurrence though, as I don’t recall it happening.

#15872 1 year ago

Please get the spoiler shit out of this thread. Thank you

#15873 1 year ago

Spoiler shit deleted.

#15874 1 year ago
Quoted from MaxIsDead:

Please get the spoiler shit out of this thread. Thank you

All spoiler shit removed. I did attach a spoiler warning so people could make an informed choice if to read, but I get it's better if it's just not there...

Thanks killborn for providing the answer... I HAD missed something.

#15875 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

All spoiler shit removed. I did attach a spoiler warning so people could make an informed choice if to read, but I get it's better if it's just not there...
Thanks killborn for providing the answer... I HAD missed something.

Thank you

#15876 1 year ago

Finally got an email back from Stern. I have a warranty work order number for my opto issue, and they will be building and sending me everything. Has taken months but so excited to have the end in sight. Will be sending back the broken optos and harnesses but a small ask to finally have my machine back and running

#15877 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Has taken months but so excited to have the end in sight.

Take about great customer service!

#15878 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Take about great customer service!

To be fair its been 2 and a half months, and it has gone back n forth, and they did send me a replacement but it didnt work. Would I liked it to be faster, of course. But just felt hopless for weeks so getting some confirmation has been more than welcome

#15879 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

To be fair its been 2 and a half months, and it has gone back n forth, and they did send me a replacement but it didnt work. Would I liked it to be faster, of course. But just felt hopless for weeks so getting some confirmation has been more than welcome

That’s blazing fast for them. Haha

#15880 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

That sucks man. I really wish they would get there shit together there. I would rather the customer experience be good and they only put out one game a year to be honest.

#15881 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That sucks man. I really wish they would get there shit together there. I would rather the customer experience be good and they only put out one game a year to be honest.

As someone who has had the same issue on very separate NIB machines I do wish that. Both my stranger things and my star wars comic home pins had ball lock 2 optos fail. They both times have taken care of it in the end, but if they had more focus hopefully meant less bad stuff got out the door and more time to resolve issues when they did come up

#15882 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

As someone who has had the same issue on very separate NIB machines I do wish that. Both my stranger things and my star wars comic home pins had ball lock 2 optos fail. They both times have taken care of it in the end, but if they had more focus hopefully meant less bad stuff got out the door and more time to resolve issues when they did come up

People on here think Stern is sooooo great and they are sooooo easy to deal with though.

Well at least they took care of you in the end, that's the good part of the story.

#15883 1 year ago

That’s been my experience. They’ll make it right eventually. Eventually being the key word. Luckily for me I’ve only needed things that I can indeed wait a long time on. Nothing that’s bricked my game.

#15884 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s been my experience. They’ll make it right eventually. Eventually being the key word. Luckily for me I’ve only needed things that I can indeed wait a long time on. Nothing that’s bricked my game.

Whatever any of us think of Stern, customer focused is not something that jumps to mind for me. Part of the problem for customers in dealing with a leader in an industry with very little competition. They have little pushing thwm to do better and up their game. Unfortunate given the cost of these high end toys.

#15885 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are people in the Rush thread that are waiting on node boards for months and months now.

#15886 1 year ago

Brutal. Their slow service combined with supply chain issues is sure slowing things down even more than usual.

#15887 1 year ago

Oh well, it is what it is. Praying I don't have to deal with them.

#15888 1 year ago

I’ve bought my past couple new sterns from shows. It seems if nodes crap out it happens really early on. So getting 500 plays or more in a weekend before taking it home has worked out well for me. Fingers crossed.

#15889 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve bought my past couple new sterns from shows. It seems if nodes crap out it happens really early on. So getting 500 plays or more in a weekend before taking it home has worked out well for me. Fingers crossed.

So it has come to this?

#15890 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

So it has come to this?

Nope. I already loved doing that as it adds more games to the shows and gets me a new game. This is just an unfortunate side benefit. Haha

#15891 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

I work for a huge commercial audio video company, I’m gonna do some research as to what what company they got the projectors from… I know stern didn’t build them. So basically it would be installing a projector and load the LE code to the game and strip the projector firmware and boom, you got close to a premium for half the price … give me a few days, I need to make some calls

I was just wondering if anything ever came of this idea.

#15892 1 year ago

Speaking of projectors, stern technical support recently said this. Anyone had this part fail or believe this to be accurate?

'The projectors them selves don't really go bad or break. What does deteriorated more than a projector is the PCB power supply for the projector. '

#15893 1 year ago
Quoted from Carls83:

'The projectors them selves don't really go bad or break. What does deteriorated more than a projector is the PCB power supply for the projector. '

So it's just powered by +5v USB like a phone? Seems easy enough to work around if the supply dies.

Untitled (resized).jpgUntitled (resized).jpg

#15894 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

That was me, I got started and have been off for a week with Covid … least it gave me a lot of time to play the game haha

#15895 1 year ago

Haven’t had my STh premium that long but the right stand up target projection paper sticky thingy (technical term) keeps falling off. Kind of getting irritating to keep pulling the glass off to stick it back on. Plus it always seems to happen when I’m having a good game!

What’s everyone doing to fix this issue for good? Sorry if it’s been talked about before, like I said I’m new to the club. Didn’t like this game when released but loving the game now!

TIA

#15896 1 year ago

Just clean the target with a little rubbing alcohol and then reapply the sticker. Worked like a charm for me

#15897 1 year ago

You should have spares in the coin box too. Might be best to replace with a new one.

#15898 1 year ago

Ok, I’ll try the alcohol and look to see if I have a spare one to install to.

Thanks guys!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 318 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/318?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.