IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 449.
#15551 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

After reading all this, seems like the best use of your expertise would be to source a viable replacement projector for prem/Le owners just in case theirs fail at some point

haha haha just posted that. That’s the least I could do I think. Guessing that might be a need in the coming years maybe?

#15552 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

not at all man. the more people chipping away at it the better
the projection surfaces issue is solved though. medisynl sells sheets of that stuff. someone ought to make a template for everything to overlay on it and make it easier to cut
also if projectors do end up failing down the road, there'll be a market for decals to replace the projection surfaces. I know it's anecdotal but I bought a little plastic ball with a color cycling led in it for the spa and the thing is damn near indestructible. I can't imagine anything outside of a fluke or a century causing one of these projectors to fail but I do still worry about it

I don't sell the screen material--I just wrote up a DIY with links to the products I used for anyone that wanted to tackle it.

Would be awesome if someone were able to get that material in larger sizes to prepare (with adhesive backing) and cut to proper sizing for easier installation.

Takes the image from being washed out and nausea inducing (for me at least), to a theater-like contrast (after also adjusting some of the lighting).

#15553 1 year ago

my mistake!

#15554 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I don't sell the screen material--I just wrote up a DIY with links to the products I used for anyone that wanted to tackle it.
Would be awesome if someone were able to get that material in larger sizes to prepare (with adhesive backing) and cut to proper sizing for easier installation.

I can work on that .. I have the luxury of having it all at my disposal. I’ll post some newer stuff that’s coming out and probably start a new thread with my findings

#15555 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

haha haha just posted that. That’s the least I could do I think. Guessing that might be a need in the coming years maybe?

Yes, the community would be grateful to have replacements available, and I'd get one just in case if successful.

#15556 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yes, the community would be grateful to have replacements available, and I'd get one just in case if successful.

I’ll be So mad if I can’t figure this out knowing what we do with projection lmao. That’s really the number one thing that drew me to this pinball

#15557 1 year ago

CN10 on my pro has an HDMI out…

07A19115-BA8C-4B8F-8F84-8E12CFCDB40A (resized).jpeg07A19115-BA8C-4B8F-8F84-8E12CFCDB40A (resized).jpeg
#15558 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

[quoted image]

See that’s what I figured… manufactures usually produces all the same Circuit boards because it actually saves them money in the long run vs having two different production lines. With our projectors, most of all the intervals are the same, it’s the code and ( missing cables) that make them all work different . I truly believe it’s comes down to the code which I have no idea about, but some of our software guys might know a way of extracting it from my incoming machine… this is all hearsay right now though but I’m willing to try

#15559 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

[quoted image]

it’s it’s perfect you are like 20 mins from me haha

#15560 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

See that’s what I figured… manufactures usually produces all the same Circuit boards because it actually saves them money in the long run vs having two different production lines. With our projectors, most of all the intervals are the same, it’s the code and ( missing cables) that make them all work different . I truly believe it’s comes down to the code which I have no idea about, but some of our software guys might know a way of extracting it from my incoming machine… this is all hearsay right now though but I’m willing to try

I can probably help with the software piece. This is in my wheelhouse.

Given your proximity, we should be able to try this out. Sounds like a fun challenge.

#15561 1 year ago

is there hardware on the pro game for video out. if not then i don't see how you're gonna get around that
seems like someone with a pro could answer that pretty easily looks like CN10 is the HDMI out

Yes, CN10 is there, another verified Pro owner. A Pro with a projector would be sick, super fast, reliable. Good luck on the project. Count me in.

#15562 1 year ago

I think it is already determined the pro can run the pre/le code with the ball lock disabled. Question is does the hdmi have the signal or not. I don't know if the person who tried it took a look or not.

#15563 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I think it is already determined the pro can run the pre/le code with the ball lock disabled. Question is does the hdmi have the signal or not. I don't know if the person who tried it took a look or not.

I’m not claiming to be a master at this but I’m just looking at it through a lens on things my company produces. With that said, I’d think the code would enable the hdmi to output signal because all the Circuit boards look to be the same . If they are a good coder, they probably enabled hdcp on the pro models so that you just can’t plug a projector in and it would work ( there are modules that can bypass this though so I’m not worried about that) . Best case Scenario is that the codes are the same and they just enable hdcp… ( hdcp for those of you that don’t know is copywrite protection that would just send a green or blue screen to the output souce) the easiest way to determine this is to just plug a computer monitor into the hdmi out and see what happens

#15564 1 year ago

Another thing to keep in mind too is that whether the projector can run the code or not? It might be better if it could to go along with the game but I don’t think that’s a deal breaker. There might be advantages to running it independently, for example if video could be run from an sd card and customized, which shouldn’t be any more difficult than what the tv mods are already doing, it would open up a whole new channel option for fans and what a lot of us want anyway, like new footage from the recent seasons, music video’s, etc. and to get it to turn on with the game shouldn’t be a problem either, simple to splice that in with the power supply to turn it on/off with the switch. Would make for a killer attract mode, maybe even better than how it is now.

#15565 1 year ago

I just tried it on my Pro and the hdmi display is blank.

#15566 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Wouldnt you need to be running the premium code?

#15567 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Yes I am

#15568 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

So that tells me that there’s probably hdcp enabled… I’ll have to do some testing. I have a hdcp stripper module at work that you plug between the hdmi and your computer screen.

#15569 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Or it’s needs a scaler in place set to whatever resolution the projector is set to

#15570 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

So that tells me that there’s probably hdcp enabled… I’ll have to do some testing. I have a hdcp stripper module at work that you plug between the hdmi and your computer screen.

I might have an hdmi repeater. Would that do it?

#15571 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I might have an hdmi repeater. Would that do it?

Did some research and apparently some hdmi 1x2 repeaters do just that, but only specific models

#15572 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

Did some research and apparently some hdmi 1x2 repeaters do just that, but only specific models

Sometimes. More I’m thinking about it, It very could be a scaler issue. HDMI is VERY finicky without a scaler in between. I’m gonna try to look up what resolution that projector projects . If it’s 1920x1080 it usually works without a scaler but who only knows what resolution that projector is. Gonna look in the manual and see if I can find out

#15573 1 year ago

https://www.vcknsobey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=143

It’s 854x480 but reads 1080p.
Just seems like a generic dlp pico projector

#15574 1 year ago

Anyone know of a place to get a UV Kit for a pro?

#15575 1 year ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Anyone know of a place to get a UV Kit for a pro?

I’ve got a spare

#15576 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

I’ve got a spare

PM sent. Thanks!

#15577 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

https://www.vcknsobey.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=143
It’s 854x480 but reads 1080p.
Just seems like a generic dlp pico projector

There’s an sd card slot on the projector, can anyone with an le or premium confirm if there’s an sd card in their projector? Anything on it?

#15578 1 year ago

So, i'll jump in with some of my $.02 from a filthy 'pro' owner...

I just got into playing pinball maybe 6 months ago and when a low use pro model came up for sale, I bought it even after playing the LE for quite a while. The price difference for me isn't worth that little bit of extras the LE/Prem models provide. Are they nice? Of course, the extra features are cool and fun, no question.

When I jumped into the market, the production was already over and prices began to go nutty with inflation/scarcity... etc.

Do I regret buying a pro? Hell, no. My wife and I love it. Would I buy the Prem/LE if I could for close to that price? Yep! Not in the cards unfortunately, but I was able to save a few $ and buy another machine so now I have 2!

That said, i'm jealous of you guys who can crack 1B pts, I'm stuck around 400M and can't seem to get beyond that. My shots either hit a post, bounce funny and drain down the sides or I'm just not accurate enough. But, that's the fun of the game, right?

#15579 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

My shots either hit a post, bounce funny and drain down the sides or I'm just not accurate enough. But, that's the fun of the game, right?

make sure your posts aren't wide open, make sure you light the left outlane save, and just...play. i would say 90% of my drains now have happened to me before.

#15580 1 year ago

make sure your posts aren't wide open, make sure you light the left outlane save, and just...play. i would say 90% of my drains now have happened to me before.

I have the posts in the middle hole for "normal" difficulty. but ya, probably just need more time/experience.

EDIT: i'm also trying to learn to nudge, but can't seem to get the hang of it. Not smacking it hard enough? LOL

#15581 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I have the posts in the middle hole for "normal" difficulty. but ya, probably just need more time/experience.
EDIT: i'm also trying to learn to nudge, but can't seem to get the hang of it. Not smacking it hard enough? LOL

Check out Abe flips on YouTube.

#15582 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

n't seem to get the hang of it. Not smacking it hard enough? LOL

nudge it UP more than side to side. think of the tops of the slings as immobile flippers

STh is an outlier in that there isn't very much rubber for the ball to ricochet off of on the lower part of the playfield- so most drains are from smashing a standup, bricking a drop, or a quick sling-to-outlane. it's a relatively easy game to start predicting the path of the ball on and also- make sure you know what to do if you miss. knowing that bricking the left standup on the right ramp is almost a guaranteed sdtm drain on my game has caused me to start slide saving to the right out of instinct when i know that's happened

#15583 1 year ago

nudge it UP more than side to side. think of the tops of the slings as immobile flippers
STh is an outlier in that there isn't very much rubber for the ball to ricochet off of on the lower part of the playfield- so most drains are from smashing a standup, bricking a drop, or a quick sling-to-outlane. it's a relatively easy game to start predicting the path of the ball on and also- make sure you know what to do if you miss. knowing that bricking the left standup on the right ramp is almost a guaranteed sdtm drain on my game has caused me to start slide saving to the right out of instinct when i know that's happened

Maybe that's where I'm going wrong, i can't seem to slap or slide save hard enough to get it to deviate from the SDTFM!

#15584 1 year ago

the only real stdm's you should get are when you limp dick the demogorgon shot after the drops are down or if you limp dick the left ramp

other than that most of my drains are like...left standup on the right ramp to stdm, right orbit return to right stand up on left ramp to sling to drain, or left/right sling to right/left outlane

#15585 1 year ago

WHEN the economy tanks STh will retain its value due to scarcity. I expect LE's to go for 25k by the end of the show's run. Easily.

Except that they’ll all have broken projectors by then. So I hope blasius01 is successful in his quest. I’m all about $20k premiums and $25k LEs - they’ll make a $10k Pro seem like an absolute bargain!

#15586 1 year ago

Does anyone know what the "spotted mode starts" adjustment does I cranked it up to four and it didn't seem to do anything?

#15587 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Does anyone know what the "spotted mode starts" adjustment does I cranked it up to four and it didn't seem to do anything?

Reading the rule sheets on tilt forums looks like maybe it involves the mystery lane helping for the first few mode starts?

#15588 1 year ago

yeah the Mystery shot will spot collectibles towards starting modes based on that setting. It will spot you whatever target will help you the most, in your case, up to four of them. I think the default is 2?

#15589 1 year ago

the only real stdm's you should get are when you limp dick the demogorgon shot after the drops are down or if you limp dick the left ramp
other than that most of my drains are like...left standup on the right ramp to stdm, right orbit return to right stand up on left ramp to sling to drain, or left/right sling to right/left outlane

I've had SDTM from the front 4 drop targets slamming so hard it launches into the air and drains over my fucking flippers. And a few oddball bumper to outlane drains... weird bounces.

Then again, i wish i could bump better.

#15590 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I've had SDTM from the front 4 drop targets slamming so hard it launches into the air and drains over my fucking flippers. And a few oddball bumper to outlane drains... weird bounces.
Then again, i wish i could bump better.

of course. bricking the drops is always an option

#15591 1 year ago

Just for the record : I did connect a regular hdmi display I had (FullHd, nothing specific to it) to the hdmi output on my Premium, and I DID have video content corresponding to the projector signal. So the output is not locked to a specific EDID (otherwise I would get a blank display)

Someone already tested with a Pro running Premium code, and HDMI output is blank.

So unless both testers running Premium code in the Pro had bad luck with their display, it looks like the code is able to detect it's running in a Pro machine. Which I must admit I'm puzzled, as I don't quite see how (if I recall all node boards reference are identical). Unless I'm confused and the TKLock mech relies on an additional node board which would then be detected and used to identify a real premium machine

#15592 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just for the record : I did connect a regular hdmi display I had (FullHd, nothing specific to it) to the hdmi output on my Premium, and I DID have video content corresponding to the projector signal. So the output is not locked to a specific EDID (otherwise I would get a blank display)
Someone already tested with a Pro running Premium code, and HDMI output is blank.
So unless both testers running Premium code in the Pro had bad luck with their display, it looks like the code is able to detect it's running in a Pro machine. Which I must admit I'm puzzled, as I don't quite see how (if I recall all node boards reference are identical). Unless I'm confused and the TKLock mech relies on an additional node board which would then be detected and used to identify a real premium machine

I have also tried running Premium code a few months ago on my Pro, and tried a couple different hdmi displays and no video signal either.

#15593 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Maybe someone knows someone that can help answer this question at stern.

#15594 1 year ago

It blows my mind that people care enough about the projector to want to add it to the Pro. Even if it was possible, you’d have to add white decals everywhere. Not getting it. Pro is great as is.

#15595 1 year ago

The projector is awesome. I totally get it.

#15596 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The projector is awesome. I totally get it.

But I think you agree…this is the whole reason that Premiums and LEs are going to the moon. Pro owners should be very happy with the stock game (IMHO).

#15597 1 year ago

Agreed, moving picture is an entirely different level and experience. People complaining they don’t like the premium because it’s ugly when off is ridiculous.

It’s a new dimension and worth every penny. That being said if you can’t get a premium, get a pro. The game is 10/10 for me and nothing come close. Haven’t played TWD or GOT yet chuckwurt so my rating stays the same until then.

#15598 1 year ago

the projector is the freshest thing in pinball since the juggler on hurricane

#15599 1 year ago

Joined the club officially today with a beautiful LE. Can’t wipe the smile off my face. So extremely happy. So is the family. Huge Stranger things fans. Dad did good today for a change.

D114EE4D-138D-4378-A4C7-FB0D5CF925D4 (resized).jpegD114EE4D-138D-4378-A4C7-FB0D5CF925D4 (resized).jpeg41F91F82-EC33-4D81-B943-519874DF7899 (resized).jpeg41F91F82-EC33-4D81-B943-519874DF7899 (resized).jpeg
#15600 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Maybe someone knows someone that can help answer this question at stern.

Doubt they would be able to help (not by choice), but assume they don't want that info out there. That said, I should be able to take a look in Pinball Browser and see if they have any code that is restricting this on the pro and just remove the block. I will dive deeper this week once i get my PB license up and running.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,416 posts in this topic. You are on page 312 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/312?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.