IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 448.
#15452 1 year ago
Quoted from JToeps:

pretty lose at the black hex nut/washer/rubber combo.

Tighten that then.

#15453 1 year ago

It there a setting I'm not seeing to make mystery more of a mystery?

#15454 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

It there a setting I'm not seeing to make mystery more of a mystery?

whaddya mean? the stock setting is random, except during multiballs where it'll always award add-a-ball

#15455 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

whaddya mean? the stock setting is random, except during multiballs where it'll always award add-a-ball

Add time add time add time, even when in lesser modes. Not necessarily the missions. Just annoying.

#15456 1 year ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Add time add time add time, even when in lesser modes. Not necessarily the missions. Just annoying.

oh, yeah, with a mode going it's always gonna add time

yes, great, another 14 seconds on demodog 1. thank you so much pinball gods. this is sarcasm

#15457 1 year ago

In a mode, every other mystery award is add time.

#15458 1 year ago

If you want your mystery to be mysterious, don’t make that mystery shot during a mode or multiball.

#15459 1 year ago

I wish Mystery awarded Bullsh@t every other time

#15460 1 year ago

Is there a trick to getting the hinge pin back into the ramp (pro)? My pin has slide right out of the left hole, I’m guessing there was supposed to be a c-clip holding it on like the right side…

#15461 1 year ago
Quoted from mstang01:

Is there a trick to getting the hinge pin back into the ramp (pro)? My pin has slide right out of the left hole, I’m guessing there was supposed to be a c-clip holding it on like the right side…

All the ramps on my pro just rest on each other, no hinges to speak of that I recall

#15462 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

All the ramps on my pro just rest on each other, no hinges to speak of that I recall

They are talking about the demo ramp I believe. That definitely has a hinge.

#15463 1 year ago

Has anyone aligned the optos under the left ramp? Trying to replace the optos for identifying a second ball. It worked for a minute when i soldered the new optos, but went back to registering closed. Tech says to check for alignment, and just seeing if anyone has any advice outside of using a snake cam and making sure you can see the send and receive lenses. Not sure how much play or forgiveness rather they have

#15464 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Has anyone aligned the optos under the left ramp? Trying to replace the optos for identifying a second ball. It worked for a minute when i soldered the new optos, but went back to registering closed. Tech says to check for alignment, and just seeing if anyone has any advice outside of using a snake cam and making sure you can see the send and receive lenses. Not sure how much play or forgiveness rather they have

They can be pretty forgiving in that they don’t need to be perfectly aligned with one another, but any blockage can mess with them. I would clean them both with alcohol, and make sure the cutouts where they shine through are nice and clean.

#15465 1 year ago

All the way from Portugal, the speaker mod came. Looks cool

4B7B3C29-FCF9-4ADB-AEF1-50F7976BD586 (resized).jpeg4B7B3C29-FCF9-4ADB-AEF1-50F7976BD586 (resized).jpeg
#15466 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

All the way from Portugal, the speaker mod came. Looks cool[quoted image]

Looks great man! When I get mine someday, I’m totally doing this mod!

#15467 1 year ago

Are Premiums still being run at some point or is the license expired? Thanks in advance.

#15468 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Are Premiums still being run at some point or is the license expired? Thanks in advance.

no, yes

#15469 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They can be pretty forgiving in that they don’t need to be perfectly aligned with one another, but any blockage can mess with them. I would clean them both with alcohol, and make sure the cutouts where they shine through are nice and clean.

Thanks for the advice! They look centered in the steel cut out, swapped with isopropyl, tightened the nuts, still registering closed. Receiver opto led not light on start up, not sure if that means no power or if its bad. Waiting for next steps from Stern

#15470 1 year ago

Honestly could be another bad set.

Could also try reseating the connector for that set of optos too.

#15471 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly could be another bad set.

I have had hoooorible luck with optos, my other NIB had bad optos too. When Stern sent replacements though it already had the molex and wires attached so they could test them assumingly. Maybe thats what I need to ask, that they send replacements already wired up so they can check them there and be sure they are sending a good set

#15472 1 year ago

Question: The stock lockdown bar action button is supposed to be clear correct? I'm the third owner of my STh Pro and mine is red, which I figure someone swapped with the clear.

20220716_064126 (resized).jpg20220716_064126 (resized).jpg
#15473 1 year ago

I want to join the Stranger Things club - which model is best to own?
It seems the only thing missing on the Pro v Premium is the Projector and ball lock? And the ball lock doesn’t register most of the time?
Then is there much difference between Premium and LE? Seems it’s just the artwork and backglass?

#15474 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

It seems the only thing missing on the Pro v Premium is the Projector and ball lock? And the ball lock doesn’t register most of the time?
Then is there much difference between Premium and LE? Seems it’s just the artwork and backglass?

I have the premium. Ball lock registers 95% of the time for me no problem. The newest software cured that problem. If the lock doesn't register, then the software compensates for the ball lock. So no problems there. As for the projector, that's the main part of the game. Without that and the demogorgon shaking, the game is just dull.

#15475 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Prem/LE if you can find one

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#15476 1 year ago

Definitely premium/LE if you can find one at a decent price. Extremely valuable.

#15477 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

I want to join the Stranger Things club - which model is best to own

Honestly, I think any of the three models are great. Everyone is going to say Premium/LE because it’s the cool thing to say, but the Pro is great and, unless you are a competitive player, you won’t miss “swipe a ball”.

#15478 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

The title has been archived by Stern, no more of ANY version.

#15479 1 year ago

One concern with the Pre/LE is the projector. Someone posted theirs stopped working and can't find a replacement. I'd buy one for my Pro if they were available.

#15480 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Honestly, I think any of the three models are great. Everyone is going to say Premium/LE because it’s the cool thing to say, but the Pro is great and, unless you are a competitive player, you won’t miss “swipe a ball”.

Actually, most people will say what you're saying because most people only have access to the pro (see similar discussions earlier in the thread).

They're all good but in a home environment, IMHO, with the projector, Prem/le is on another level.

I really like the tk lock too (dialed in) and shaking demo, but the projection mapping is really something to behold.

#15481 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Actually, most people will say what you're saying because most people only have access to the pro (see similar discussions earlier in the thread).
They're all good but in a home environment, IMHO, with the projector, Prem/le is on another level.
I really like the tk lock too (dialed in) and shaking demo, but the projection mapping is really something to behold.

Pro is a double cheeseburger, premium is a double cheeseburger with bacon and jalapeno poppers. The premium is superior, a bit messy sometimes but absolutely worth it. But no one is gunna say no to a pro, and they are still very much going to enjoy it.

#15482 1 year ago

I need to put jalapeño poppers on my next burger.

#15483 1 year ago

yeah the prele STh is really the definition of "the icing on the cake". the pro is every bit as good, the upgrades are eye candy

#15484 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Pro is a double cheeseburger, premium is a double cheeseburger with bacon and jalapeno poppers. The premium is superior, a bit messy sometimes but absolutely worth it. But no one is gunna say no to a pro, and they are still very much going to enjoy it.

Jalapeños?

#15485 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I need to put jalapeño poppers on my next burger.

Hahaha I was thinking the same thing!

#15486 1 year ago

ABSOLUTELY! Our butcher does pre made patties with them! Delicious!

#15487 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

I agree with what your saying but given the limited differences between the two and taking into account the wide disparity in pricing, I think the pro is the way to go with Stranger Things. Just my two cents

#15488 1 year ago

I wish someone could make the projector work on a pro.

#15489 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I agree with what your saying but given the limited differences between the two and taking into account the wide disparity in pricing, I think the pro is the way to go with Stranger Things. Just my two cents

Difference isn't limited IMHO--but agree everyone has to follow their own pin budget / 'pin value/$'. (Though I would argue the Prem/le will hold value better if you're thinking longer term.)

PS I wonder how much folks would pay to add projectors to their pros if there was a kit? $2k?

#15490 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I wish someone could make the projector work on a pro.

Right? It’s like - $200 part and not that good of part even then.

#15491 1 year ago
Quoted from blasius01:

Right? It’s like - $200 part and not that good of part even then.

If you contact your distributor and get the proper projector with the proper firmware in it, I believe they are $800.

#15492 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Prem/le will hold value better if you're thinking longer term.)

If you bought a Premium or LE at MSRP, then congrats. However, prices of those models are currently sky high. I can’t imagine anyone paying more than what they are currently selling for. Maybe they stay at the price, but I think the price is likely to pull back a little. I still think a pro is a lower risk purchase and plays pretty much the same. Full disclosure. I typically prefer premiums and LEs.

#15493 1 year ago

Pros with UV are 8k. So no way that’s worth it either. Pretty much, if you don’t have stranger things right now, just play it on location. Haha

#15494 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I still think a pro is a lower risk purchase and plays pretty much the same. Full disclosure. I typically prefer premiums and LEs.

Note it's the *experience* in a home environment that's different, not the gameplay/way it shoots/rules architecture, etc. Kind of like imax vs dollar theatre--same movie, way different experience (being hyperbolic, but you get the idea)

Maybe you already have, but if you haven't had a chance yet, seek out a buddy that has a dialed in Prem or le and turn out the lights and crank up the sound. It's amazing. Closest other game I've had (from an immersion/experience perspective) is Alien, but that's still pretty far behind.

Full disclosure: I have both a Prem and a pro so not just shilling Prem/Les. I win either way lol

#15495 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Note it's the *experience* in a home environment that's different, not the gameplay/way it shoots/rules architecture, etc. Kind of like imax vs dollar theatre--same movie, way different experience (bring hyperbolic, but you get the idea)

I totally get it and understand what your saying. I actually agree with you if money was no object. I know for some it’s not. I’m just saying when considering all factors (including price), I’m not sure the Premium or LE is worth almost double the price of a Pro. That’s all. It’s an awesome game no matter what.

#15496 1 year ago
Quoted from allsportdvd:

Pro is great. Played the LE in a pub in Newtown. Projector was ok but not awesome. I think the uv lighting is more important for upside down. I now own the pro. Great game and the pro doesn’t look butt ugly when it’s switched off. Just another take.

#15497 1 year ago

Anyone who tells you the Pro is better or the Premium isn't worth the upgrade probably owns a Pro.

#15498 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Anyone who tells you the Pro is better or the Premium isn't worth the upgrade probably owns a Pro.

+1 on that one.

#15499 1 year ago

Anyone that says a Premium (at todays prices) is worth it over a Pro, probably owns a Premium…

#15500 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Anyone that says a Premium (at todays prices) is worth it over a Pro, probably owns a Premium…

Says the pro owner.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 310 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/310 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.