StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 445.
#1451 4 years ago

Installed this sign today. I really like the setting of Hawkins for the story in the show. It will be interesting to see them leave Hawkins and the effect is has on the feel on things in season 4.

I think it's a nice touch. It's from the Ulek store. I think you can also get it from Mezel Mods.

3E18C856-04C2-4CE0-9A27-1C1F80CE0BC6 (resized).jpeg3E18C856-04C2-4CE0-9A27-1C1F80CE0BC6 (resized).jpeg
#1452 4 years ago

I'm really surprised nobody is talking about the game code. I thought this game was going to be deep with like 20 modes? All I hear about it one multiball and a couple of passing comments. Is the game fun to play? I have yet to find one locally to try.

#1453 4 years ago

The code is only 0.81. Long way to go in code. Patience is hard, but needed. I’m hopeful tomorrow will be a new code day, given the stream at 3 Pm cst.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm really surprised nobody is talking about the game code. I thought this game was going to be deep with like 20 modes? All I hear about it one multiball and a couple of passing comments. Is the game fun to play? I have yet to find one locally to try.

Code is early still. Not much to talk about.

12 show modes - all there.
3 demo dog modes - they are there but very basic coding
5 demogorgon modes - codes decently well, but needs polish and damage kills and more fanfare( 3 of the 5 are MBs)
Telekinesis MB
2 total isolation mini wizard modes that are currently coded and are pretty damn fun and high scoring.
2 mini wizards for completing each seasons 6 modes (not coded at all)
Final wizard mode (not coded at all)

I count 26 modes in total that are clearly in the code one way or another.

Maybe more modes on the way, but they aren’t currently in the code that I can tell

#1455 4 years ago

That sounds good. thanks for the update on the gamecode!

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Code is early still. Not much to talk about.
12 show modes - all there.
3 demo dog modes - they are there but very basic coding
5 demogorgon modes - codes decently well, but needs polish and damage kills and more fanfare( 3 of the 5 are MBs)
Telekinesis MB
2 total isolation mini wizard modes that are currently coded and are pretty damn fun and high scoring.
2 mini wizards for completing each seasons 6 modes (not coded at all)
Final wizard mode (not coded at all)
I count 26 modes in total that are clearly in the code one way or another.
Maybe more modes on the way, but they aren’t currently in the code that I can tell

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

There is a really good foundation code wise to build on.

The modes are varied and fun. They just need to polished.

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from Hulk7979:

Love my LE. Don’t get the negativity at all. Game is cutting edge. I uncover something new everyday. Can’t stop playing. Lots of layers to the game and tons of different modes. Great theme, art, and layout. Love the music. It does need some better call-outs.

Agreed. The game is brutal, fast, has great flow, cool features, great music, etc... It's really fun. The projector is awesome, the ball lock is badass, and my demo has been perfect out of the box. It's very satisfying to hit it in there.

I'm not pumping it because I own it. I don't plan on selling it and I'm fine with a loss of I do.

I think the hate has to do with three things:

1. Passion for the theme.

2. Hangover effect from recent fan layouts and other games that some people might be disappointed in like Munsters, Elvira, GOTG, the Black Knight, etc...

3. The Keith Elwin Affect - IMDN and JP2 make pins without 3 or 4 flippers and the geometry that goes with that seem basic. That's not really fair to others games or a barometer of how fun a game can be.

#1458 4 years ago

I'm continuing to work with Stern on this opto issue. I have figured out how to recreate it and have sent a video on to Stern. Here's an abbreviated version of that video

I think what I am seeing accounts for all the odd crap that has happened on that left ramp and I believe it's all software related issues. The commonality in the other videos I sent them was that the ball did not make it completely up the ramp. So in testing I found:

The ramp entry advances mode and ball lock regardless of ramp exit state
The ramp exit advances mode and ball lock regardless of ramp entry state

Some oddities exist when within a mode. In mirkwood mode for instance, if ball lock is not qualified then only the ramp exit opto will award a completion of the ramp. The ramp entry opto only applies points. If the ball lock is qualified though the ramp entry and exits will both trigger ramp completion and ball lock.

Seems only if the optos are triggered within some short time of each other do they not double advance. This would explain the double advance I see from time to time when the ball is moving slow as well.

Could someone else run the same test and see if they are seeing the same thing? I was told this is being sent off to engineering for them to look at.

#1459 4 years ago

I’ve had my game register a lock when it’s nowhere near either set of left ramp optos.

So not sure it’s only related to those optos.

But, on the LE if the ramp diverter rejects the ball it will register a left orbit shot. Haha

#1460 4 years ago

It's hard to say if I have seen the same. I've been debugging this issue for almost two weeks now and I was only going by my videos that caught it. I feel like I've seen that as well but this particular issue I found really looks like a code issue. Could be more with how these optos work. There are a lot of them on this machine.

Looks like I won't have the parts for at least a week. Apparently the ramps and stuff are on backorder.

#1461 4 years ago

Looking at my demigorgon I can see a piece of metal in the right side of his mouth when viewing from the front. I wonder if it is placed on a skewed? Has anyone taken just the plastic molded piece off of the metal?

#1462 4 years ago

LE Number 234 in the house.
Will be unboxing tomorrow night.
Can’t wait!!

137FC36A-1EB9-41A1-AE76-39E8D88D419C (resized).jpeg137FC36A-1EB9-41A1-AE76-39E8D88D419C (resized).jpeg
#1463 4 years ago

#374 has arrived!

IMG_20200211_153743.jpgIMG_20200211_153743.jpg
#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Based on theme and some gametime, I'm really thinking about buying this pin as my first NIB.
Based on out of the box issues and fixes needed, I'm leaning towards waiting to see if they get the majority of bugs out.
But suffering some serious FOMO feelings.

There is a tournament in your backyard on Thursday at Little Shoppe of Games. I am 99% certain they'll have at least one if not two versions of STH.

#1465 4 years ago

Big day today for us STH owners! New update hopefully!!!

#1466 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Big day today for us STH owners! New update hopefully!!!

Can't wait!!!

#1467 4 years ago

So, here's first impression and setup quirks of #374, my game was built 1/29. The vagmonster has zero issues (you need to aim to hit it), lock magnet is flawless - I had a few incidents where the 3rd ball flings past the two previous locks though. I think the flipper strength is a tad bit strong, at least on the right side. A clean shot to the left ramp is violently fast. Pitch is around 6.5 and 7.

Projector was hopelessly out of focus and fiddling with the mapping is a right fucktardery when you need to hold the interlock while navigating. I left the bracket for the focus wheel off.

The bumper shot pinches the ball and the ball guide needs adjusting. Bumpers need adjusting too, no action what so ever, I kid you not I had a stuck ball resting on the bumper skirt.

A clean burn it back shot sends the ball DTM, guide needs adjusting.

Speech and music attenuation is a right piece of work, sound levels across the board for some modes and call outs are completely out of whack. This is exactly how I experienced GOTG when it first came out. Chaos in the audioscape.

I dialed back the insert brightness to 25%, it gives the projector less light to fight off and it looks more moody.

Inserts in general on the playfield are very washed out on mine, like the printer ran out of black ink, anyone else experiencing that?

Put in the real knocker kit in from PBL along with transparent lexan washers for the slings and super-bands on the flippers.

Only had a handful of games due to setup and waxing took a few hours. It plays fast, flows fine (5x combo is not very hard to nail) and I love all the modes. Code needs many iterations to make this game a holistic experience, some modes are more or less silent (callouts - voice) and the sound effects are screeching loud.

We need to figure out how to get the black diamond projection surface into this game. The projector is a complete miss in my opinion with the white surfaces, most projections are simply too washed out to be pleasant to look at. The low res of the projector doesn't help either, especially on the surfaces with a weird throw angle.

I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. All fixable issues.

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Projector was hopelessly out of focus and fiddling with the mapping is a right fucktardery when you need to hold the interlock while navigating. I left the bracket for the focus wheel off.

Pull the interlock switch out. No need to hold it in.

#1469 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Bumpers need adjusting too, no action what so ever, I kid you not I had a stuck ball resting on the bumper skirt.

I've had the same. One of mine is actually sticking a little bit. I need to do some work on it to make it more sensitive and not be sticking

#1470 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

So, here's first impression and setup quirks of #374, my game was built 1/29. The vagmonster has zero issues (you need to aim to hit it), lock magnet is flawless - I had a few incidents where the 3rd ball flings past the two previous locks though. I think the flipper strength is a tad bit strong, at least on the right side. A clean shot to the left ramp is violently fast. Pitch is around 6.5 and 7.
The bumper shot pinches the ball and the ball guide needs adjusting. Bumpers need adjusting too, no action what so ever, I kid you not I had a stuck ball resting on the bumper skirt.
A clean burn it back shot sends the ball DTM, guide needs adjusting.
Speech and music attenuation is a right piece of work, sound levels across the board for some modes and call outs are completely out of whack. This is exactly how I experienced GOTG when it first came out. Chaos in the audioscape.
I dialed back the insert brightness to 25%, it gives the projector less light to fight off and it looks more moody.
Inserts in general on the playfield are very washed out on mine, like the printer ran out of black ink, anyone else experiencing that?
Put in the real knocker kit in from PBL along with transparent lexan washers for the slings and super-bands on the flippers.
Only had a handful of games due to setup and waxing took a few hours. It plays fast, flows fine (5x combo is not very hard to nail) and I love all the modes. Code needs many iterations to make this game a holistic experience, some modes are more or less silent (callouts - voice) and the sound effects are screeching loud.
We need to figure out how to get the black diamond projection surface into this game. The projector is a complete miss in my opinion with the white surfaces, most projections are simply too washed out to be pleasant to look at. The low res of the projector doesn't help either, especially on the surfaces with a weird throw angle.
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. All fixable issues.

Thank God for this...I thought it was just me. Yeah, my bumper shot rattles around and rejects most of the time as well.

But here's the thing about this game: It makes me feel like I REALLY suck at pinball (and I'm not THAT bad), and I think most of it is in the setup. My left kickout, when the drops are down, will frequently hit the right drop target post and then go SDTM. Really frustrating, but again, I think that can be tweaked along with the other stuff.

The other thing about this game is that I can't stop playing it. As much as I curse at it, it's a hell of a lot of fun. And I've barely touched my JPLE since I got it. Once the code is polished and the mechanical annoyances are worked out, I actually can see myself keeping this game for a good while.

But yeah...I agree with most of what you said.

#1471 4 years ago

Boob. Try to put your saucer eject power down a few numbers. That may help.

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God for this...I thought it was just me. Yeah, my bumper shot rattles around and rejects most of the time as well.
But here's the thing about this game: It makes me feel like I REALLY suck at pinball (and I'm not THAT bad), and I think most of it is in the setup. My left kickout, when the drops are down, will frequently hit the right drop target post and then go SDTM. Really frustrating, but again, I think that can be tweaked along with the other stuff.
The other thing about this game is that I can't stop playing it. As much as I curse at it, it's a hell of a lot of fun. And I've barely touched my JPLE since I got it. Once the code is polished and the mechanical annoyances are worked out, I actually can see myself keeping this game for a good while.
But yeah...I agree with most of what you said.

Close your outlanes up to the middle spot where most games come standard. Wide open is too much on this game

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But here's the thing about this game: It makes me feel like I REALLY suck at pinball (and I'm not THAT bad), and I think most of it is in the setup.

I think this game provokes you to make fatal mistakes. Don't go fall in upside down trap, it's too risky. Only shoot the vagmonster from a trap when you have aim. Only shoot center drops and lock standups during ball save. You'd be surprised how longer the games become if you don't fall for the evil temptations. My left scoop is not a drainer, nor is the autoplunge. Those two things are critical I think to dial back frustration.

#1474 4 years ago

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. Hey, Erik! You're right! There ARE some good people left on Pinside!

If anybody has suggestions for the right orbit rejects--like, how you adjust that guide so it doesn't do that--I'm all ears.

Many thanks...

#1475 4 years ago

Oh...and the other thing that's driving me nuts is when I calibrate the projector so the green blocks are lined up, the Jackpot ramp projections don't sit right. So I'm guessing the green blocks aren't really calibrated right with the programmed projections. And the REAL bitch is the "down" arrows on each side of the main screen during certain modes. They're not evenly spaced on each side, but if I move it over, I wind up with a black bar on one side. That's pretty annoying.

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If anybody has suggestions for the right orbit rejects--like, how you adjust that guide so it doesn't do that--I'm all ears.

I'm doing a teardown tonight. The issue with mine is that the stainless guardrail leans over the playfield and does not sit flush with the playfield "rail". I'm assuming you may offset (bend) the through playfield bolts to force the guardrail flush against the playfield rail.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

There is a tournament in your backyard on Thursday at Little Shoppe of Games. I am 99% certain they'll have at least one if not two versions of STH.

Yep, love that shop and have played the PRO that they currently have onsite. It played great and I was able sink a ball in the Demo my first game. Won't be able to make tomorrow's tournament I don't think, but have played in a couple previous.

Thanks for the shout out to Little Shop!

#1478 4 years ago

ChromeCandyPinball streaming his LE right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/chromecandypinball

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...and the other thing that's driving me nuts is when I calibrate the projector so the green blocks are lined up, the Jackpot ramp projections don't sit right. So I'm guessing the green blocks aren't really calibrated right with the programmed projections. And the REAL bitch is the "down" arrows on each side of the main screen during certain modes. They're not evenly spaced on each side, but if I move it over, I wind up with a black bar on one side. That's pretty annoying.

Did you see how you can adjust the screens individually? So the main screen is one adjustment, then once you have that you can move to the spinner, then left most standup, etc.

#1480 4 years ago

This UV lighting that shows the UV art is amazing. And also changes the upside down to something awesome. Except that you have to pay another $279 for it. I already paid $9k for my LE. I'm actually really pissed about this...

Who wants to buy my LE?
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#1481 4 years ago

I love the UV art! What a great idea and perfect theme integration. I keep telling people I think this game is going to be special.

#1482 4 years ago

$279 for kit. Stern just posted link via you tube.

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

$279 for kit. Stern just posted link via you tube.

aftermarket plz

#1485 4 years ago

kit ordered

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This UV lighting that shows the UV art is amazing. And also changes the upside down to something awesome. Except that you have to pay another $279 for it. I already paid $9k for my LE. I'm actually really pissed about this...
Who wants to buy my LE?
[quoted image]

With all the issues people have had with this game it should have been under $100 or free.

#1487 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Who wants to buy my LE?
[quoted image]

You expected all future mods for your game to be free?

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

With all the issues people have had with this game it should have been under $100 or free.

It rubs me the wrong way for sure. They are going to charge LE owners for this? Thats ballsy, aftermarket will figure this out for half the cost.

The part that rubs me wrong though... you print the uv art on all models and then feel you can charge money to illuminate it?

Anyways, new code tonight!

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

You expected all future mods for your game to be free?

No, but I wouldn't consider granting the ability to visually see art that exists on the play field to be mod worthy, especially for people who spent money on an LE.

#1490 4 years ago

Agree . Spooky gives us free topper .
LE stern owners need an upgrade for $277 to unlock art . What is next ?
I know ! $29.99 for each code update or a 1 year subscription for $69.99 .

#1491 4 years ago

What's the direct capture thing they talked about. I caught the end of that.

#1492 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

What's the direct capture thing they talked about. I caught the end of that.

its for people who stream, direct capture will let them show the lcd panel without a camera on it.

#1493 4 years ago

gary stern has elephant balls charging 277.00 for this. i was trying very hard to give sth the benefit of the doubt but that was the last straw.

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

its for people who stream, direct capture will let them show the lcd panel without a camera on it.

oh...gotcha, thank you

#1495 4 years ago

UV kit looks amazing! It was exactly what I wanted when picturing the Upside down being depicted. Stinks we have to pay for it, but at least it exists. Cannot wait to see it in person!

#1496 4 years ago

I'm thinking maybe to try and just DIY LED strips into the game maybe, and save myself $230-ish dollars. I know I won't have the fancy plastics etc but that doesn't bother me. If the game was really amazing, I'd drop the extra money for the kit. The code could get it there and maybe then I'd consider it. But this whole move has definitely made me think twice about future stern purchases and rather than buy every new stern release I'm going to be very picky instead.

#1497 4 years ago

Maybe I'm the only one that doesn't mind paying for it. I don't care...I'm just happy there's something cool I didn't know about. It's probably an idea Brian had that they couldn't work into the BOM. I'm glad they didn't just abandon it.

People spend way more than $280 on mods all the time.

#1498 4 years ago

I totally get why people would be angry to pay for the kit, but I have to say this game has amazing atmosphere, at least from what I can tell on streams.

#1499 4 years ago

So was this the secret "feature" that was teased?

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I totally get why people would be angry to pay for the kit, but I have to say this game has amazing atmosphere, at least from what I can tell on streams.

They nailed it from a sound standpoint, and this kit will only push that atmosphere to the next level.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Rogers, AR
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,204 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/30?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.