20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 445.
#15351 1 year ago

Honestly, look at my collection history. I’ve had all of the highest rated games.

ST would be the last to go if I had to quit pinball.
I feel it’s the most fun, immersive, never gets old machine around.
It’s not just good it’s special.

#15352 1 year ago

Loud clicking at the start of the game when the initial inserts are flashing. I know this is a normal sound at the board, but it seems louder than i remember it being on any other game. Anything to check out? Or just turn up the game volume?

CE3EFE96-AF0D-45FC-AC95-5DBB389A1F91 (resized).jpegCE3EFE96-AF0D-45FC-AC95-5DBB389A1F91 (resized).jpeg
#15353 1 year ago
Quoted from zucot:

I do love the theme a lot more than Rush.
Art is a wash for me, the UV kit looks great but that expressions lightshow is no slouch.
My real worry is that over the long haul, ST won’t hold up when it comes to shots/layout and toys.
Rules I’m not sure. ST looks like it has less to do, but in Rush I often have no idea WTF I’m doing.

Rush is a great game. The rules are incredible and they are only going to get better. I agree, though... The artwork is the weak point but play wise, Rush is the better shooting game than Stranger Things. The good thing though is the layout is completely different between the two which in the end makes them both a winner.

I just bought a Rush Premium the other day. Was NEVER a fan of Rush but this game made me change my ways quickly. I honestly think it's Borg's best game to date!

#15354 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Rush is a great game. The rules are incredible and they are only going to get better. I agree, though... The artwork is the weak point but play wise, Rush is the better shooting game than Stranger Things. The good thing though is the layout is completely different between the two which in the end makes them both a winner.
I just bought a Rush Premium the other day. Was NEVER a fan of Rush but this game made me change my ways quickly. I honestly think it's Borg's best game to date!

Definitely disagree with rush shooting better. I can't stand the game and hate playing it in league.

#15355 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Definitely disagree with rush shooting better. I can't stand the game and hate playing it in league.

rush is a dog imho, just a bad bad game with bad art about a bad band

ymmv

#15356 1 year ago

I think I’ll go talk smack about STH in the Rush thread. Lol. Come on, both are great games. I did find it a little harder to get dialed into the shots on Rush, but it’s a flow monster once you’ve put in 30-50 games. And I won’t argue about musical tastes - but I find the music in both Rush and STH to be pretty awesome.

#15357 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

rush is a dog imho, just a bad bad game with bad art about a bad band
ymmv

While I definitely prefer how Stranger Things shoots, Rush is a good game.

My buddy and I talked to Borg about Rush for about a half hour while at TPF (an incredibly nice person), and despite the similarity to X-Men, it was apparent John was very passionate about the theme and creating the best possible game for it. The interaction completely changed my perception that the game could simply be a re-used layout, and he did worry that people would see it that way.

#15358 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I think I’ll go talk smack about STH in the Rush thread. Lol. Come on, both are great games. I did find it a little harder to get dialed into the shots on Rush, but it’s a flow monster once you’ve put in 30-50 games. And I won’t argue about musical tastes - but I find the music in both Rush and STH to be pretty awesome.

Go ahead, this is the stranger things thread. I could not care less about what people say in that thread.

#15359 1 year ago

well i guess if everyone could tak to borg for a half hour at a show then rush would be considered a better game

orbit shot through the pops, the two weird scoops in too-close proximity, the deadend shot on the pro, the awful awful art...i ran $20 through the game and have played it plenty and i can't see ever liking it

just like mando. loved the series, love the art, playfield is gorgeous, the game is an utter absolute piece of crap to play.

taste is subjective

the rush thread will tell you that if you're not a fan of the band you're not allowed to have an opinion on the game. not sure how they feel about STh lol

i don't think STh is the greatest game ever or even the best modern stern but we've all got our opinions, which are worth exactly what we're all paying to share them

#15360 1 year ago

Kind of funny to see in every owners game thread people mentioning how that game is the best and every other game sucks.

#15361 1 year ago

well i guess if everyone could tak to borg for a half hour at a show then rush would be considered a better game
orbit shot through the pops, the two weird scoops in too-close proximity, the deadend shot on the pro, the awful awful art...i ran $20 through the game and have played it plenty and i can't see ever liking it
just like mando. loved the series, love the art, playfield is gorgeous, the game is an utter absolute piece of crap to play.
taste is subjective
the rush thread will tell you that if you're not a fan of the band you're not allowed to have an opinion on the game. not sure how they feel about STh lol

Not discounting your opinion at all. There's plenty of beloved games that I'm not a fan of. Though I liked the game before talking to him, and like X-Men too.

I agree on the scoops being a negative.

#15362 1 year ago

i mean they are selling the shit outta that rush so what do i know anyway? lol

and i always felt that xmen was an underrated game as well

#15363 1 year ago

taste is subjective
i don't think STh is the greatest game ever or even the best modern stern but we've all got our opinions, which are worth exactly what we're all paying to share them

Mando must of kicked you in the nuts!…lol but I think it’s a fun challenging game but like we all say YMMV. Maybe you can stop by soon and we can try to change your opinion on Mando.

#15364 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Mando must of kicked you in the nuts!…lol but I think it’s a fun challenging game but like we all say YMMV. Maybe you can stop by soon and we can try to change your opinion on Mando.

it's just...one dimensional. tbf i've only ever played it in league, not really for fun SHOOT MIDDLE TO START MULTIBALL. HIT RIGHT SIDE TARGETS TO DOUBLE PLAYFIELD. BEEP BOOP I SWEAR THIS IS NOT ANOTHER FAN LAYOUT

#15365 1 year ago

Rush has way better shots than Stranger Things. Stranger Things as a whole is an ok machine. It's got a few neat tricks that when they work are very cool.

Both are completely different pins IMO but when you get Rush going, the flow of the shots are very satisfying unlike a shot to the TK lock when it doesn't work an goes straight down the middle.

I mean but honestly... Who really cares when you own both machines, I don't.

#15366 1 year ago

if your shots that miss the TK lock are going back down the ramp your shot still isn't 100% dialed in

i had that problem too and man was it frustrating. adjusted the coil stop distance so that the arm for the TK solenoid was nearly touching the decorative plastic, as the service bulletin recommended. its a lot more fun when the occasional shot that doesn't make the magnet still gives you credit for the lock, and a lot less frustrating than all those stdms

#15367 1 year ago

if your shots that miss the TK lock are going back down the ramp your shot still isn't 100% dialed in

Yes and no. If it's a weak shot that can happen or if you mistakenly back hand it.

#15368 1 year ago

btw if anyone's still looking for a UV kit marco has the premium for the exorbitant price of $400, in stock RN

#15369 1 year ago

Are they still making premiums? I love mine and would like one for home.

#15370 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are they still making premiums?

No

#15371 1 year ago

I fucking Love the NST.
ITS a blast.
I have a DP Premium and a LZ Premium in my Linenup.
And i have to say, i Love all These amazing Pinball machines....,...

#15372 1 year ago

Definitely not Borgd

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I think Tron and Metallica would have something to say about that.

#15373 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Definitely not Borgd

I think Tron and Metallica would have something to say about that.

Meh

#15374 1 year ago

Walking dead is the best Borg and it’s not close. Tunnel to arena, or CDC to Riot are some of the best combos ever.

#15375 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Walking dead is the best Borg and it’s not close. Tunnel to arena, or CDC to Riot are some of the best combos ever.

I really like his 3 flipper games, but I think you just might be right here. Those combos in TWD are flat out awesome.

#15376 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Walking Dead! Get the *uck outta here...

Tron and Metallica are both better than that.

#15377 1 year ago

Tron is in the conversation but Tallica laughable. But that’s more from a code standpoint, the layout is fine just not in conversation as his best. Guardians is better than Tallica.

#15378 1 year ago

Proving people have different opinions I will say that my favorite Borg is GotG but Tron and TWD are fantastic. I very much dislike the wood chopping rules of MET.

#15379 1 year ago

TWD is a masterpiece and much better than met or tron for my tastes. (And I'm a huge Metallica fan.)

Rush layout is better than TWD but TWD code is on another level.

#15380 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tron is in the conversation but Tallica laughable. But that’s more from a code standpoint, the layout is fine just not in conversation as his best. Guardians is better than Tallica.

I had a Tron pro for a while. Lighting and ramps were cool but never could get into the game.

#15381 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I had a Tron pro for a while. Lighting and ramps were cool but never could get into the game.

There’s really nothing to it. I think it’s just the whole package that makes it great. Not just the layout or code or lighting/sounds.

#15382 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Loud clicking at the start of the game when the initial inserts are flashing. I know this is a normal sound at the board, but it seems louder than i remember it being on any other game. Anything to check out? Or just turn up the game volume?
[quoted image]

Asking again in case it got buried. The “on-off” LED insert clicking just seems louder than any other recent Stern I’ve had. Normal?

#15383 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Asking again in case it got buried. The “on-off” LED insert clicking just seems louder than any other recent Stern I’ve had. Normal?

i don't hear any clicking when I turn my game on

#15384 1 year ago

Mine has a slight clicking or thumping at boot. I wouldnt worry about it.

#15385 1 year ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mine has a slight clicking or thumping at boot. I wouldnt worry about it.

Its not just at boot, its like a clicking at the board whenever certain LED inserts turn on/off. It goes away during gameplay and then comes back depending on which lights are lit (shown in photo)

#15386 1 year ago

They are talking about at the start of a game, not at boot up I believe.

Best to get a video? I’ve never heard clicking on any of my games.

#15387 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They are talking about at the start of a game, not at boot up I believe.
Best to get a video? I’ve never heard clicking on any of my games.

Here’s a link to icloud with two short videos. You may need to increase the volume but you can definitely hear the consistent click

https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B0PGqkRUiG4AOFy

#15388 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Here’s a link to icloud with two short videos. You may need to increase the volume but you can definitely hear the consistent click

I see what you mean, sounds like a turn signal. No idea what would cause that though

this person had a similar problem: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/board-clicking-when-lights-flash

#15389 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Not normal at all. Take the backglass out or lift the playfield and see if you can find the source of the clicking.

#15390 1 year ago

Another thing i noticed was that during bootup, the code flashes Stranger Things LE. (I have a premium), which i found odd considering there are separate files for premium and LE on the website. Not sure if that would affect anything but I’m going to fix it regardless

#15391 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Another thing i noticed was that during bootup, the code flashes Stranger Things LE. (I have a premium), which i found odd considering there are separate files for premium and LE on the website. Not sure if that would affect anything but I’m going to fix it regardless

Premium and LE are the same code. Nothing to fix.

#15392 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not normal at all. Take the backglass out or lift the playfield and see if you can find the source of the clicking.

Here’s the culprit. Loud click as the light flashes blue. Updated iCloud link with another video. What am i looking at here?

41286038-310B-4C47-BAE9-171356E31D01 (resized).jpeg41286038-310B-4C47-BAE9-171356E31D01 (resized).jpegCFBC968F-1535-4C3D-B438-0345CC63D4D8 (resized).jpegCFBC968F-1535-4C3D-B438-0345CC63D4D8 (resized).jpeg
#15393 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Here’s the culprit. Loud click as the light flashes blue. Updated iCloud link with another video. What am i looking at here?
[quoted image][quoted image]

If it’s in that black box I think it’s from a mod. Lermods had a few mods with that and it sounded like a turn signal. Might want to contact him and see if maybe he has a solution

#15394 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

That blue thing is a relay which is probably used to power the white GI on/off or the purple GI on/off. Relays make a click noise, but I suspect the issue is your GI or whatever should not be turning on and off constantly. For example the white GI turns off during the upside-down, but not normally clicking on/off/on/off forever.

It seems that some data cable or lose connecter is picking up noise and making that relay fire when it shouldn't.

EDIT - good point above, that appears to be a MOD, and not stock.

#15395 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

If it’s in that black box I think it’s from a mod. Lermods had a few mods with that and it sounded like a turn signal. Might want to contact him and see if maybe he has a solution

Furthermore, it’s the white connector leading to a tiny LED (pictured) that’s electrical taped to the playfield and just sitting below the Quarter Hunt insert. When the white connector is unplugged the clicking stops

I’ll reach out to @lermods

Edit: i think it’s related to the Arcade Sign and an optional mod to make the sign interactive with the Quarter Hunt mode. That “tiny led” must actually be a light sensor. Still not sure if the clicking is normal for this mod

886B5483-64AF-488C-9F04-AB6CBFEF3AF4 (resized).jpeg886B5483-64AF-488C-9F04-AB6CBFEF3AF4 (resized).jpeg676F3986-2D82-48CC-A1FF-E785D7DBFB79 (resized).jpeg676F3986-2D82-48CC-A1FF-E785D7DBFB79 (resized).jpeg

#15396 1 year ago

lol all that shit talk about rush and guess what I drew in league

Screenshot_20220705-220316 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220705-220316 (resized).png

#15397 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

Furthermore, it’s the white connector leading to a tiny LED (pictured) that’s electrical taped to the playfield and just sitting below the Quarter Hunt insert. When the white connector is unplugged the clicking stops
I’ll reach out to Lermods
Edit: i think it’s related to the Arcade Sign and an optional mod to make the sign interactive with the Quarter Hunt mode. That “tiny led” must actually be a light sensor. Still not sure if the clicking is normal for this mod
[quoted image][quoted image]

If the mod uses a relay (which it looks like it does), that’s your clicking. Might be a bad one if it’s loud.

#15398 1 year ago

Not necessarily bad... the relay for my Grogu mod clicked away like that during attract mode because it was a light sensor. The attract mode has a wave of light back and forth across the pf which had him going nuts switching on and off. I have since changed it from a light sensor to a rollover. It still clicks but only during gameplay and only when the rollover is triggered. I dont hear it anymore. I assume when you are playing it clicks less often..?

#15399 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Not necessarily bad... the relay for my Grogu mod clicked away like that during attract mode because it was a light sensor. The attract mode has a wave of light back and forth across the pf which had him going nuts switching on and off. I have since changed it from a light sensor to a rollover. It still clicks but only during gameplay and only when the rollover is triggered. I dont hear it anymore. I assume when you are playing it clicks less often..?

Yeah it will go off during gameplay depending on which lights are lit. It’s definitely a light sensor causing it to fire off rapidly at the start of a game. The cover to the Lermods box actually fell off during transport, otherwise the sound would be more muffled it seems. Long story short, when the arcade sign mod is unplugged, the sound is gone. Doesnt appear to be anything that needs fixing

#15400 1 year ago

Agreed. No relays exist in the stock game to my knowledge.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 308 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/308?hl=mbl1116 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.