IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 448.
#15251 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When it shakes, does the animation for killing the demo happen and does it award the points for killing the demo?

I'll have to check this again today and will report back. I also noticed when the screen is up during game play the demog shakes behind the screen when not in demog mode. Is that normal?

#15253 1 year ago

We have enjoyed our STh Pro. I tend to trade every 1-1 1/2 years for a new Pro. Our local distributor, whom I like, allows us to trade into a NIB Pro for $1,000. Thinking of trading our STh Pro for a Godzilla Pro. Does STh Pro have a higher used/trade market value for trade back to a distributor, meaning I should pay less than $1,000 difference, or is that still fair for this scenario…? I would appreciate any feedback, as I don’t want to miss anything in the trade equation. We started with NIB Star Trek Vault Pro, trading after a year and $1,000 for a NIB STh Pro — and now thinking of trading for NIB Godzilla Pro, for our STh Pro and $1,000. We are a 1-pin family. Thanks.

#15254 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

We have enjoyed our STh Pro. I tend to trade every 1-1 1/2 years for a new Pro. Our local distributor, whom I like, allows us to trade into a NIB Pro for $1,000. Thinking of trading our STh Pro for a Godzilla Pro. Does STh Pro have a higher used/trade market value for trade back to a distributor, meaning I should pay less than $1,000 difference, or is that still fair for this scenario…? I would appreciate any feedback, as I don’t want to miss anything in the trade equation. We started with NIB Star Trek Vault Pro, trading after a year and $1,000 for a NIB STh Pro — and now thinking of trading for NIB Godzilla Pro, for our STh Pro and $1,000. We are a 1-pin family. Thanks.

With prices as they are I'd think selling outright will get you a better deal. My buddy just sold his guardians for more than he paid and upgraded to Godzilla.

#15255 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

You should easily be able to sell outright and pay no additional money for your GZ Pro.

#15256 1 year ago
Quoted from Bazzy34:

If you want to keep the ease of dealing with your distro, definitely ask for 1k to be reduced to at least $500

#15257 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

I'll have to check this again today and will report back. I also noticed when the screen is up during game play the demog shakes behind the screen when not in demog mode. Is that normal?

It happens so quickly that the screen goes after the shaking. I'm not sure if it scores a hit. But, I did disconnect the coil under the playfield that shakes the Demog.
When I disconnect this coil, the demog does not shake and the game operates as it should. Question is what is causing the coil which shakes the demog to record hits? Without the coil connected all is well. All optos check out fine too.

#15258 1 year ago

My point is, we don’t know that it’s registering hits. If it did, it would score points and the demo ramp would stay down because it takes 5 hits to kill the demo.

Do a test. Plug the coil back in, glass off.

Get to the second demo mode. Trap em. Does that mode stop immediately too? Shouldn’t be possible as that’s a multiball.

#15259 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My point is, we don’t know that it’s registering hits. If it did, it would score points and the demo ramp would stay down because it takes 5 hits to kill the demo.
Do a test. Plug the coil back in, glass off.
Get to the second demo mode. Trap em. Does that mode stop immediately too? Shouldn’t be possible as that’s a multiball.

Ok.. So I think I got it. Yes, on first Demog it would strike hits constantly and then the gate would go up without me hitting it. I moved the wiring harness from the bottom of the playfield upward through the hole which leads to the demog. Just a bit. This repositioning fixed it. It all works good now. Maybe there was some kind of shadow cast on the optos from the wiring harness when the coil struck the demog causing the hits to register. Played multiple games with no issues so i think that's it.

#15260 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Thanks to Wizmods from turning the crap pro apron with IC stuff into this:

I like Wizmods stuff, but is any of it officially licensed? If not I don't really want to support.

#15261 1 year ago
Quoted from barakawins:

Ok.. So I think I got it. Yes, on first Demog it would strike hits constantly and then the gate would go up without me hitting it. I moved the wiring harness from the bottom of the playfield upward through the hole which leads to the demog. Just a bit. This repositioning fixed it. It all works good now. Maybe there was some kind of shadow cast on the optos from the wiring harness when the coil struck the demog causing the hits to register. Played multiple games with no issues so i think that's it.

Nice!

#15262 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

You should easily be able to sell outright and pay no additional money for your GZ Pro.

Not a member of the club yet but in the market for a Pro right now. You can easily sell your Stranger Things if home used and in good condition to more than cover the cost of a Godzilla Pro and that’s not even with any mods. Just try finding a Stranger Things right now, it’s not easy!

#15263 1 year ago

Worked with tech support and was told i needed to replace both send and receive optos to fix my 2nd ball lock under the ramp. Soldered the other, plugged in and turned on and it worked. Mounted it all and put the up post back and played a test game. Was going fine, even hit a telekinesis and 2 demo shots, but during ball two the post started rapid firing and got the operator error. Active switch now shows the lock 2 active constantly. Not sure if its a wiring issue or a bad solder job, just wish i had more time to fix it.

Haven't been able to play since May 1st, got a 2 yo and a 2 mo so i just cant spend all day diagnosing as much as i wanna know. Debating calling a repairman to fix it and show me what went wrong so i can do it in the future. Proud i was able to solder it up to at least get some testing time on it so that was reassuring.

#15264 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Doubtful. Put it in diag mode and choose the game-specific tests. Can you raise and lower the ramp in test mode? Try coil tests too.

Hi ,
i ve check all the switches also the coils
everything is working properly.
No tech error message in the diag.
I was first thinking a soft error, may be the best thing is to reload the last code?

#15265 1 year ago
Quoted from 80sMan:

Not a member of the club yet but in the market for a Pro right now.

Where are you located? Your location is “unknown”.

#15266 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Where are you located? Your location is “unknown”.

SoCal.. I found one! Just in time for the 2nd part of season 4 July 1st.

#15267 1 year ago

Is there an easy way to replace the post sleeves under the demogorgin ramp? The 2 that sit behind the droptargets on the left and right. Do i have to remove that whole screen/dropdown ramp?

#15268 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Is there an easy way to replace the post sleeves under the demogorgin ramp? The 2 that sit behind the droptargets on the left and right. Do i have to remove that whole screen/dropdown ramp?

yeah, i think you do, but count de monet would know better than I

i have considered just slicing a rubber in half and fitting it on there when the time comes rather than tear that assembly apart

on a related note i was having an issue with my auto plunge- it would always be nice and strong for the first plunge of the game but then get progressively weaker to the point where the ball wouldn't even clear the shooter lane during something like TI multiball. tightened up all the bolts, made sure the prongs were aligned, still wasn't working right which was really weird because during a coil test it'd work properly every single time. made some more adjustments last night and im not 100% sure yet but i think the culprit was actually a misaligned cliffy shooter lane guard. gonna put some games on this weekend to make sure!

#15269 1 year ago

Hey all,

Here's my first real pinball machine, I built a Vpin that I haven't added graphics to yet and I also built an arcade machine. The Vpin is a gateway drug into real pinball machines!

I'm really enjoying the STpro table. I ordered a UV kit for it and a shaker, but otherwise plan on keeping it stock. This one was used but in excellent condition.

PXL_20220627_172658813 (resized).jpgPXL_20220627_172658813 (resized).jpgPXL_20220627_195728435 (resized).jpgPXL_20220627_195728435 (resized).jpg
#15270 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Here's my first real pinball machine

Welcome to the club! Oh, and also, get ready! Pins tend to multiply (sometimes rapidly)

#15271 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

You have to remove or move out of the way both entry ramps and then remove the screws holding the screen assembly down. Then you can lean it back just enough to get the post sleeves off. It's not that bad actually

#15272 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

I built a Vpin that I haven't added graphics to yet and I also built an arcade machine.

Nicely built games! I like the look of the wood pincab as it is now, its classy.

#15273 1 year ago
Quoted from maxharvard:

Hey all,
...This one was used but in excellent condition.
[quoted image][quoted image]

The stranger things or the woman? If you get tired of either one you can probably get good money for either in the marketplace.

#15274 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

The stranger things or the woman? If you get tired of either one you can probably get good money for either in the marketplace.

chloe.gifchloe.gif

#15275 1 year ago

Looking for STh premium backbox side art decals, for both sides. Not sure if anyone has a line on them? Can’t find anything online. Thank you!

#15276 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

Looking for STh premium backbox side art decals, for both sides. Not sure if anyone has a line on them? Can’t find anything online. Thank you!

You'll have the most luck with a distributor. They should be able to order you a set if Stern has any.

#15277 1 year ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You'll have the most luck with a distributor. They should be able to order you a set if Stern has any.

I tried a few places this am, they said either they can’t get them, or they can order them but no promise they’ll come in, because it’s happened before.

#15278 1 year ago
Quoted from Hangry:

I tried a few places this am, they said either they can’t get them, or they can order them but no promise they’ll come in, because it’s happened before.

Order with no promise will be your best bet for now, I believe. I ordered a Premium translite for my Pro via a distributor and it worked out fine.

#15279 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Nicely built games! I like the look of the wood pincab as it is now, its classy.

Thanks, I've been debating on whether or not to put decals on it or not. Probably go with Medieval Madness if I did. Its probably my favorite next to ST.

#15280 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Welcome to the club! Oh, and also, get ready! Pins tend to multiply (sometimes rapidly)

Oh yeah...

One pincab
Two pincab
One pinball
Two pinball
7 more pinball later my wife is starting to complain loudly...

#15281 1 year ago

I googled this but couldnt find it any thread? Am I searching incorrectly?
If we drain right away and get a ball save, if the ball gets auto-plunged past the drops, the drops reset and trap the ball. For some reason it never does a ball search. The ball just gets stuck.
Normally during gameplay if it gets stuck behind the drops, it knows to search and lower the them.

#15282 1 year ago

um i think i just saw a premium on the market for 16k O_o

#15283 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

You have to remove or move out of the way both entry ramps and then remove the screws holding the screen assembly down. Then you can lean it back just enough to get the post sleeves off. It's not that bad actually

For the screws holding the assembly down are they the 4 below? If so looks like on the left side I will have to remove the left ramp and return to get to them. I started taking apart the right side up ramp and noticed the left side is going to be a PITA. Wish i would have done this when I had the demogorgan off to adjust it.

Screenshot_20220629-141736_Drive (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220629-141736_Drive (resized).jpg
#15284 1 year ago
Quoted from Antron77:

For the screws holding the assembly down are they the 4 below? If so looks like on the left side I will have to remove the left ramp and return to get to them. I started taking apart the right side up ramp and noticed the left side is going to be a PITA. Wish i would have done this when I had the demogorgan off to adjust it. [quoted image]

yes, those are the ones. I've removed the left ramp so many times on mine and I usually do it completely. I unscrew the optos and undo the connectors under the playfield for the lights and uv kit if you have them. Then it's just a few screws to come out. The right one I don't believe I removed completely. I posted a pic here of how far I took it apart.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/201#post-6260793

I was doing more work than just the posts which is why the sides of the ramp are also removed as well as some demogorgon plastics. Those don't have to come off

#15285 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yes, those are the ones. I've removed the left ramp so many times on mine and I usually do it completely. I unscrew the optos and undo the connectors under the playfield for the lights and uv kit if you have them. Then it's just a few screws to come out. The right one I don't believe I removed completely. I posted a pic here of how far I took it apart.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/201#post-6260793
I was doing more work than just the posts which is why the sides of the ramp are also removed as well as some demogorgon plastics. Those don't have to come off

Thanks for the info and pics. I will see what i can manage. The ramps are super simple to remove, i did those in the past when i installed the UV kit, it was the center pieces in front of the Demogorgin i was curious about. Looks like i can move the side pieces and be able to access it.

#15286 1 year ago

I have an opportunity to join the club with a pretty loaded Premium…but I’d have to give up GZ prem and a few hundred on top. Do I do it??

#15287 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

I have an opportunity to join the club with a pretty loaded Premium…but I’d have to give up GZ prem and a few hundred on top. Do I do it??

both games are red hot right now but financially I think you're coming out ahead on that one since they aren't making more stranger things

#15288 1 year ago

I agree that it's a decent deal for you, plus with stranger things I don't think they were mass produced due to when it was released near the pandemic and difficulty in building the premiums and lack of initial popularity. If you decide a few years down the line that you want a stranger things premium I think it'll be much harder to even find one as opposed to a Godzilla. Not only is Godzilla still being made I think there will be tons and tons of supply of Godzilla for a long time to come.

#15289 1 year ago

I agree. With a hit like Godzilla, Stern would be stupid to not keep cranking them out until the demand is met.

#15290 1 year ago
Quoted from mbl1116:

As Zora notes, there was a bit of a perfect storm with Stranger Things that should keep the value strong for Prem/LE models--I'd estimate that there's only a little over 1000 STh Premium and LE machines combined (500 LEs and little over 500 Premiums), so a number similar to just the GZ LE model for perspective.

It may be the only production game that will ever have such projection mapping, which is incredible with the screen upgrade (washed out and underwhelming in stock form).

Between the projection and UV feature with hidden artwork, it's a very unique game with some added degree of museum/collector curiosity.

Most importantly, the game is amazing. Best Stern IMO, and I'd place Godzilla beneath many (though it's also a great game). I don't miss Godzilla, and couldn't imagine ever selling Stranger Things.

#15291 1 year ago

Was playing my ST Pro last night and tonight and noticed that I could no longer backhand the left ramp as I previously could. I checked flipper power and it is at 255. Ball will barely make it to the top of the ramp when before it was just enough to make it around to the lock if hit right. Now won’t do it at all. Pulled the glass and notices that my flipper is “loose” compared to the right flipper making is sloppy. I was thinking it was the flipper bushing. I made sure the pawl was tight stop looked good. What does anyone think and where to find just the bushing for spike 2 or will I have to buy a full assembly and replace it?

Have a video but can’t upload it here.

#15292 1 year ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

Was playing my ST Pro last night and tonight and noticed that I could no longer backhand the left ramp as I previously could. I checked flipper power and it is at 255. Ball will barely make it to the top of the ramp when before it was just enough to make it around to the lock if hit right. Now won’t do it at all. Pulled the glass and notices that my flipper is “loose” compared to the right flipper making is sloppy. I was thinking it was the flipper bushing. I made sure the pawl was tight stop looked good. What does anyone think and where to find just the bushing for spike 2 or will I have to buy a full assembly and replace it?
Have a video but can’t upload it here.

You need to replace the bushing, sleeve, and or coil stop. Pinball life should have all 3.

#15293 1 year ago

Stranger Things is good but it is certainly not the best Stern game ever. I would say it is unrated though but better than Godzilla.... Nah...

#15294 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Stranger Things is good but it is certainly not the best Stern game ever. I would say it is unrated though but better than Godzilla.... Nah...

GZ got boring for me after awhile. Just couldn't make an emotional connection.

#15295 1 year ago

Godzilla is definitely the better game, especially the more competitive or skilled you are. There’s just so much more strategy.

But get what you like and you can always sell it later.

#15296 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Godzilla is definitely the better game, especially the more competitive or skilled you are. There’s just so much more strategy.

dumb-and-dumber.gifdumb-and-dumber.gif
#15297 1 year ago

Can’t wait to see these mods btw. Is today the release date?

#15298 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can’t wait to see these mods btw. Is today the release date?

Yes, the reveal will be up on the SDTM Youtube channel by 8 or earlier, and the list opens in the mod thread at ~8:30 EDT.

#15299 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well, not "definitely", as I don't like it better . I currently put Rush easily above it as well for my tastes. Had a GZLE but it just didn't hold my interest.

#15300 1 year ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Well, not "definitely", as I don't like it better . I currently put Rush easily above it as well for my tastes. Had a GZLE but it just didn't hold my interest.

The only two games I own are Stranger Things and Iron Maiden however today I am ordering a Rush Premium.

Rush shoots amazing well IMO and the rules are really becoming very polished. The second wizard mode is incredible and the final one hasn't even been added to the game yet!

I have a Godzilla Premium on order but I don't expect to see it until next year and at that time I will probably sell my Iron Maiden.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/306?hl=rx2006je and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.