IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 448.
#15201 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've seen individual led's go bad on the boards both on the playfield and in the back box. It's pretty uncommon though. You can always try getting it warranty replaced. I've been surprised how responsive stern support has been in the past. It is on the main board i believe which may be a while before stern has replacement parts. This is always an option too
https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

It's the backlight of the lcd screen... Have to dismantle it to access and repair it.

Surprisingly, it's not your 'run of the mill' lcd screen, it's actually an industrial grade screen. Cheapest I found online is 148 dollars (not as an official stern replacement, but the exact reference used from Innolux)

#15202 1 year ago

Anyone with premium/LE noticed the reported issue of the projector being darker after installing 1.05?

#15203 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It's the backlight of the lcd screen... Have to dismantle it to access and repair it.
Surprisingly, it's not your 'run of the mill' lcd screen, it's actually an industrial grade screen. Cheapest I found online is 148 dollars (not as an official stern replacement, but the exact reference used from Innolux)

Oh wow, thought you were talking about the backbox LEDs. I've never seen the lcd backlight go.

#15204 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Anyone with premium/LE noticed the reported issue of the projector being darker after installing 1.05?

When I bought the game it did not have v1.05 on it but I did quickly update it to the new code. I don't recall it being any darker but maybe Stern did that to add life to the projector?

#15205 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

When I bought the game it did not have v1.05 on it but I did quickly update it to the new code. I don't recall it being any darker but maybe Stern did that to add life to the projector?

Anecdotally, brightness and temperature absolutely effect the lifespan of a projector. Very much worth it for the lifespan gain.

#15206 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Ah so it's not only my imagination

Three things I noticed:
- Screen is darker
- Image is more fuzzy
- PSU fan kicks in more often and for MUCH longer duration, even in attract mode. It's super annoying

I do hope they will at least fix 2/.
As for 1/, OK I get it it's to extend projector life, but it's a tad too dark now
As for 3/, hopefully I can work around it (seem to recall an intake 3D part to improve airflow)

With regards to the LCD, I can easily find it (at a lower price, but not by much) on various website. I could also buy a replacement screen of same dimension, hoping the mounting mechanism will be identical. To note that the screen is actually an industrial grade version, supposed with a long lifetime. Guess I draw the short straw.

#15207 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

To clarify, I have not installed 1.05 yet, just asking if anyone has seen that since I read about it last month. (Maybe you mentioned it before?)

#15208 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

To clarify, I have not installed 1.05 yet, just asking if anyone has seen that since I read about it last month. (Maybe you mentioned it before?)

No I did not mention it before myself, and must have missed the comment.

I installed 1.05 three days ago, and noticed 2/ and 3/. 1/ I thought was my imagination, but reading your comment, and looking back at the machine, I really have a feeling it's darker.

#15209 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Three things I noticed:
- Screen is darker
- Image is more fuzzy
- PSU fan kicks in more often and for MUCH longer duration, even in attract mode. It's super annoying
As for 1/, OK I get it it's to extend projector life, but it's a tad too dark now
As for 3/, hopefully I can work around it (seem to recall an intake 3D part to improve airflow)
With regards to the LCD, I can easily find it (at a lower price, but not by much) on various website. I could also buy a replacement screen of same dimension, hoping the mounting mechanism will be identical. To note that the screen is actually an industrial grade version, supposed with a long lifetime. Guess I draw the short straw.

Did you upgrade the screen material yet because that will more than improve the brightness of the projector.

#15210 1 year ago
Quoted from elin:

Had this for about a year so far, and it has been a blast. Reached Total Isolation 1 once but my skills are not good enough yet to do it twice.
Couldn't find this via search, but has anyone else run into an issue where the machine will randomly play the 'electricity' sound whenever the machine shakes hard enough? I'm referring to the sound that plays when you hit one of the thingies on either side of the TK ramp that enables the ball lock. Apparently my machine has decided that any motion (flipping, ball hitting poppers, demogorgon shaking when he comes out) is the switch being hit. I'll even see the score go up a tiny amount.

I had this same issue early on! I figured out that there’s three places where that noise is triggered: left lite lock, right lite lock, and the leaf switch in the back by the pops. For me it was that leaf switch by the pops.

#15211 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Three things I noticed:
- Screen is darker
- Image is more fuzzy

I haven't noticed these. I doubt it's anything to do with the code update.
Note that the projector needs to warm up before you get full clarity (I think they recommend 15 minutes before you attempt any focus adjustment).
To rule out any connection to the code update, try doing an A/B test. Get another SD card and load it up with the previous code. Make sure both cards have the same settings (use the Save/Load settings to/from USB stick in the Utilities menu).

As for the fan, it's temperature controlled. So maybe you just have warmer conditions? Regardless, you should replace the stock fan with a quiet one, then you will never hear it again.

#15212 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I haven't noticed these. I doubt it's anything to do with the code update.
Note that the projector needs to warm up before you get full clarity (I think they recommend 15 minutes before you attempt any focus adjustment).
To rule out any connection to the code update, try doing an A/B test. Get another SD card and load it up with the previous code. Make sure both cards have the same settings (use the Save/Load settings to/form USB stick in the Utilities menu).
As for the fan, it's temperature controlled. So maybe you just have warmer conditions? Regardless, you should replace the stock fan with a quiet one, then you will never hear it again.

With regards to brightness/sharpness, I'm not the only one who reported it, see this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/277#post-6734871

As for the fan, yes indeed it could be environnmental conditions. Or, the code is actually forcing the CPU board to draw more power, but that would be surprising.

Cheers

#15213 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Yes! Mine did it, too. Focus/contrast/sharpness is terrible. Went back to prior code and problem was fixed. The new code has something screwed up on the projector settings.
I emailed pablo, also.

Did any get a response from this Pablo guy at Stern ? Worth me sending an email as well ?

#15214 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Did any get a response from this Pablo guy at Stern ? Worth me sending an email as well ?

I have yet to get an email from anyone at Stern that is worth a damn.

#15215 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I always go to my distributor first and then they CC Pablo for me. It is sporadic responses but i got my opto replacement in about a month or 2 start to finish

#15216 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Really? they were very responsive when I was trying to get the TK ramp cover

#15217 1 year ago

anyway

#15218 1 year ago

Instead of Pablo try Rebecca Hinsdale. I got a response from her very quickly.

[email protected]

Copy your distro as well and Pablo. I’ve found it’s best to address to as many people as possible. Haha

#15219 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

Really? they were very responsive when I was trying to get the TK ramp cover

I have only dealt with random people there and have yet to have a good experience.

#15220 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have only dealt with random people there and have yet to have a good experience.

i got a same day reply- like within an hour- from thalia by filling out the form on their site *shrug*

#15221 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i got a same day reply- like within an hour- from thalia by filling out the form on their site *shrug*

The quick reply was not the issue, the content of the reply was.

#15222 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I bet they think you’re a random person too.

#15223 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bet they think you’re a random person too.

Yeah. They probably aren't aware that I am a "Big Deal" on Pinside.

#15224 1 year ago

Did an update to my custom sound mod to include Kate Bush Running up That Hill for the Get Me Out Mode.
I think it fits perfectly! Of course to show you, I had to do it with the glass off

#15225 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Did an update to my custom sound mod to include Kate Bush Running up That Hill for the Get Me Out Mode.
I think it fits perfectly! Of course to show you, I had to do it with the glass off

Does this mean we should ask for a new download, or is this just your initial reaction?

#15226 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Does this mean we should ask for a new download, or is this just your initial reaction?

Yes, you will need to PM me for a new link. Pro is done, just need to do the LE/Premium which I am updating right now.

#15227 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Yes, you will need to PM me for a new link. Pro is done, just need to do the LE/Premium which I am updating right now.

Does your custom code work with insider connected?

#15228 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Does your custom code work with insider connected?

Yes, no issues reported with Insider Connected. Although, you might want to turn off automatic updates.

#15229 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

With regards to brightness/sharpness, I'm not the only one who reported it, see this:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/277#post-6734871

I just did an A/B test between versions 1.02 and 1.05. I see absolutely no difference in the projector. Looks exactly the same. So, I’m thinking your problem lies elsewhere.

#15230 1 year ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

I just did an A/B test between versions 1.02 and 1.05. I see absolutely no difference in the projector. Looks exactly the same. So, I’m thinking your problem lies elsewhere.

Thanks for checking that! The projector has a mechanical focus dial that is touchy, so maybe is just got bumped out of focus and needs a tweak. (I was the second owner on my premium and mine was out a bit, but has been fine since I corrected it.)

#15231 1 year ago

LOL! Got to Total Isolation yesterday for the first time, I am not that great of a player. Pretty cool but nothing mind blowing. I realize I have mush more to see. Stranger Things is such a great game!

#15232 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I played some last night and concur that Running Up That Hill works well for this mode. Started Get Me Out three times and liked the feel.

Season 4 or not, the song has moved up to #4 on the Billboard charts and is now synonomous with the show and escaping the Upside Down. Now of we only had a programmer type here that could add video and call outs with Max and the Vecna scene in the Upside Down during Get Me Out .

#15233 1 year ago

When I got my game I put a different apron on and disconnected the Stern insider and stuck it in the cabinet, wasnt interested it and dont really even know what all it does aside from leaderboards. Was wondering, does it add anything to the game , how often is it “used” etc?

#15234 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

When I got my game I put a different apron on and disconnected the Stern insider and stuck it in the cabinet, wasnt interested it and dont really even know what all it does aside from leaderboards. Was wondering, does it add anything to the game , how often is it “used” etc?

I'm not sure if it adds anything, but if you want to sell your insider connected stuff I'm interested

#15235 1 year ago

Thanks to chuckwurt and HurryUpPinball for your videos and tips on dialing this game in. I got the burn it back loop hitting the flipper perfect as well as left orbit rejects that wouldn't make the ramp, both are returning nicely to the left flipper.
The issue i was still having was when the ball was being released from the mystery shot near the post, the ball would hit the top or the middle of the sling.

What I noticed was that the ball would kind of drop from the area where the post is, and ping pong a little/bounce a bit near the guide rail so the ball wouldn't roll smoothly down the guide to the flipper.

I found a very small thin rubber foot that i had, kind of like a small furniture pad and put it right above the circle where the metal rail is where the ball comes out to sorta push the pinball to the guide rail instead of falling and ping ponging. This actually worked amazingly, the ball now gets pushed out of that area to the guide rail as expected.
See before and after pictures. Since it is aligned inside near the orbit, other shots do not hit it.
Red arrows showing where the ball would go before and after.
BeforeBefore
AfterAfter

#15236 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

LOL! Got to Total Isolation yesterday for the first time, I am not that great of a player. Pretty cool but nothing mind blowing. I realize I have mush more to see. Stranger Things is such a great game!

Total Isolation 2 has some wild sound and visuals - I have only reached it a few times but it did wow me

#15237 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Total Isolation 2 has some wild sound and visuals - I have only reached it a few times but it did wow me

That's cool. Hopefully some day I will reach it.

#15238 1 year ago

Added some season 4 love.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#15239 1 year ago

I finished send it back for the first time today! Such a bummer to have the game ending with a bug when you are about to beat the GC

#15240 1 year ago

That’s brutal. They fixed final showdown and now send it back does it. SMH.

#15241 1 year ago

ugh, weak

#15242 1 year ago

Has any installed the Cliffy's ? I looked through the thread images and didn't see any posted images of them.

#15243 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s brutal. They fixed final showdown and now send it back does it. SMH.

So damn happy lol flippers died and i was standing there waiting for the ball to kick out again but nope! Learnt my lesson the hard way never to finish that mode ever agan ha ha! Any chans that stern will fix this? Does they know?

#15244 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

Has any installed the Cliffy's ? I looked through the thread images and didn't see any posted images of them.

Someone here did, I asked about it a few pages back. They said they remove it because the ball kept getting stuck on it.

#15245 1 year ago
Quoted from topkat:

I have them all installed but will be taking the drops off next time I do maintenance. Balls keep getting hung up on it but the reset of the drops does knock it free. After more than 4k games on my machine I see no damage to the rear drop ledge so not sure it's needed.

#15246 1 year ago

..and there you have it.

#15247 1 year ago
Quoted from Gustrix:

So damn happy lol flippers died and i was standing there waiting for the ball to kick out again but nope! Learnt my lesson the hard way never to finish that mode ever agan ha ha! Any chans that stern will fix this? Does they know?

Definitely spam the stern bug email with that note so hopefully they fix it. They fixed the final showdown one, but not sure they would’ve if insider connected didn’t need to be added. Worth a shot.

#15248 1 year ago

Thanks to Wizmods from turning the crap pro apron with IC stuff into this:

440BD2E8-A1F6-4392-935E-16BDD54932E2 (resized).jpeg440BD2E8-A1F6-4392-935E-16BDD54932E2 (resized).jpeg
#15249 1 year ago

ST Premium here. Demogorgon problem. I'm having in issue where when you get into this Demogorgon mode, the screen drops down as it should. After the
Demogorgon shakes, the screen goes back up with no change to shoot the ball up the ramp. I tried holding the Demo when it shakes and the screen stays down, but as soon as it shakes again, the screen goes up. So, it looks like the optos are registering hits on their own. Question is, which optos register the hits?

I tried switch test and shaking the Demo manually and nothing registers. All optos register by hand normally. Anyone have any ideas what I should adjust that may be causing this?

#15250 1 year ago

When it shakes, does the animation for killing the demo happen and does it award the points for killing the demo?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 305 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/305?hl=medic7000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.