IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 449.
#15151 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So did Stranger Things just officially get retired? I see Stern moved it to the archive page.

I think so because they move that and Iron Maiden the one day on their official website, then move Maiden back but not Stranger Things.

#15152 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One thing to mention is the pro looks great when it’s off. I have a last batch pro and really enjoy it. A fun fast game with lots to do. Still find it very immersive with the modes. Make sure you get the uv kit.

Thanks, My NIB pro arrives tomorrow! My Disti had 1 UV kit left so I snagged that as well.
Have read through a lot of the thread from the past 2 years, how are recent builds? Everything pretty solid now compared to early builds?

#15153 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

So with that projector, it looks as though s6000 pico projectors are available from a few places around 250 bucks, looks identical. Could one of these work, or is there firmware in the stern projectors themselves?
[quoted image][quoted image]

For what it's worth, I actually plugged an hdmi monitor on my STh Premium instead of the projector, I could see all content displayed perfectly on a single frame. So I guess that we don't need to strictly use that specific projector, provided we find one that can be mechanically adapted.

Althougj if we can buy it, maybe would be worth asking how to dump the firmware directly to the manufacturer...

#15154 1 year ago

On another note, I installed Insider Connect on my ST (external box for now until I get the US coin door), so updated the firmware

There are three things that strike me:
- video are definitely more blurry. I recall someone mentioning it, I do hope they're going to fix it
- brightness seems much lower as well
- it 'seems' to me the PSU fan kicks in more often, but especially longer. It's really an annoyance, need to fix that (I've seen various options, some more involved than others)

Cheers

#15155 1 year ago

I am going to add Running Up That Hill to Get Me Out mode and see if it works. I've never liked the stock audio there but have tried a few others there that haven't worked. It also seems like the mode that would match up best since most of it is Nancee in the Upside Down.

#15156 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As far as I know, converting a pro to a premium is not possible due to the custom firmware on the projector.
The replacements come from stern and they are $800.

I just had a reputable distro parts department quote me $480.00, PN#509-2009-00

#15157 1 year ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I just had a reputable distro parts department quote me $480.00, PN#509-2009-00

Great news!

#15158 1 year ago

Why did Stern never run the premium on this? Seems like the demand was there. Wish I could have gotten one at MSRP.

#15159 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am going to add Running Up That Hill to Get Me Out mode and see if it works.

Yes, i also would like;

- You spin me round (like a record)

- Play with me (extreme) during multiball!

#15160 1 year ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

Why did Stern never run the premium on this? Seems like the demand was there. Wish I could have gotten one at MSRP.

consensus seems to be terrible timing re:covid and sluggish code releases leading to the game only recently being recognized as the gem it is

#15161 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Everything pretty solid now compared to early builds?

Early builds are fine too. Stern sends out fixes (e.g. new DG ramp) to the early adopters.

#15162 1 year ago
Quoted from freakandgeek:

This is why I grabbed a new in box Pro now. I've been on the hunt for a good condition reasonably priced premium and just haven't been able to find one and Stern is now archived the game.

If he recently placed premium comes on the market in the future I'll consider upgrading and selling my Pro.

#15163 1 year ago

Goodness from Santa Cruz.

FB_IMG_1655160881892 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1655160881892 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1655160889182 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1655160889182 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1655160901488 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1655160901488 (resized).jpg
#15164 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

This is why I grabbed a new in box Pro now. I've been on the hunt for a good condition reasonably priced premium and just haven't been able to find one and Stern is now archived the game.
If he recently placed premium comes on the market in the future I'll consider upgrading and selling my Pro.

Are pros still available from distributors? I figured everything was sold out by now.

#15165 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Oh wow. Badass.

#15166 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man, those Slime Balls are killer!

#15167 1 year ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Man, those Slime Balls are killer!

Agree.

They did trucks too, I forgot to add them in my other post.

288205985_10159204076765805_611324707393944298_n (resized).jpg288205985_10159204076765805_611324707393944298_n (resized).jpg
#15168 1 year ago

Have owned my Pro a year now ….. still not been to either mini Wizard mode . Reached Total Isolation 2 a few times. Still love the game but beginning to think I’ll never reach the final mode. Anyone else in the same boat as me
I don’t play a great deal tbh , a few games a week at most.

#15169 1 year ago

Don’t forget you can play the final mode straight off the bat (hold down both flippers and select final showdown before hitting start). It’s the only way I’ll ever get there and was awesome to complete that mode!

#15170 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Don’t forget you can play the final mode straight off the bat (hold down both flippers and select final showdown before hitting start). It’s the only way I’ll ever get there and was awesome to complete that mode!

True. Feels like cheating in my mind though
I just need to up my game and play better

#15171 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are pros still available from distributors? I figured everything was sold out by now.

I called around and checked through the disti lists etc... and was able to find 1 last week. Which was delivered this morning, counting down until my work day is over to be able to set it up.
I messaged the disti i got it from to see if he had more and he said I got the last one.

#15172 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I called around and checked through the disti lists etc... and was able to find 1 last week. Which was delivered this morning, counting down until my work day is over to be able to set it up.
I messaged the disti i got it from to see if he had more and he said I got the last one.

Thanks for the information. I already have one but know a few people that have expressed interest locally. I had heard they are mostly gone now so that kind of confirms things.

#15173 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

Have owned my Pro a year now ….. still not been to either mini Wizard mode . Reached Total Isolation 2 a few times. Still love the game but beginning to think I’ll never reach the final mode. Anyone else in the same boat as me

Ditto for me. Cleared Total Isolation 2 and 5 Demigorgons battles last month. That was my best game ever at 2.1 billion. Don't think I'll ever to get to the Final Showdown start to finish, though.

#15175 1 year ago

i've played around 1500 games since october and i've done TI1/2 and all the dogs and gorgons in one game but never made a mini wizard mode either. waxing the game didn't help also i don't time out modes or play conservatively, i play for score every time

#15176 1 year ago

How difficult is it to install the stern fix for the TK Lock?

#15177 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

it's not difficult at all. it's two (three?) screws

PXL_20220614_173826341 (resized).jpgPXL_20220614_173826341 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220614_173833141 (resized).jpgPXL_20220614_173833141 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220614_173842995 (resized).jpgPXL_20220614_173842995 (resized).jpg

#15178 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

It's not too bad but the one back screw all the way to the left is somewhat a pain in the ass to get to. With that said, if you are having trouble with your TK lock working correctly, this greatly improved mine working after installing it.

#15179 1 year ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:cleland any chance of getting Kate Bush in your code?

Quoted from Utesichiban:

I am going to add Running Up That Hill to Get Me Out mode and see if it works. I've never liked the stock audio there but have tried a few others there that haven't worked. It also seems like the mode that would match up best since most of it is Nancee in the Upside Down.

Let me know how that works for that mode. I'd like to put Kate Bush in my current code...it just needs to feel right.
I always wanted to put Never Ending Story in somewhere, but it never felt right.

#15180 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Let me know how that works for that mode. I'd like to put Kate Bush in my current code...it just needs to feel right.
I always wanted to put Never Ending Story in somewhere, but it never felt right.

Kate Bush is mistake. It has nothing to do with anything in the first two seasons, same with Never Ending Story. Honestly... I think maybe you could stick Never Ending Story over the end game credits and that is about the only place it would work.

My .02

#15181 1 year ago

I think never ending story is huge in the third season. The machines are based on season 1, 2, and 3. Unless they change the layout or translite, Kate Bush really doesn’t fit. I hope they do another version of the game. After the series is over to accommodate everything.

#15182 1 year ago

When it comes to the LE Models, did later numbers have any fixes that earlier ones did not have?

#15183 1 year ago
Quoted from wackenhut:

When it comes to the LE Models, did later numbers have any fixes that earlier ones did not have?

Nope. All the LEs get made first, so they all had the same issues.

Also, the LE numbers are all over the place. They aren’t made in order.

For example. I got one of the first LEs off the line and my number was 248

#15184 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Kate Bush is mistake. It has nothing to do with anything in the first two seasons, same with Never Ending Story. Honestly... I think maybe you could stick Never Ending Story over the end game credits and that is about the only place it would work.
My .02

I put Neverending Story in Follow The Compass mode and to my ear at least, it works. May not be a perfect match for the mode since it was season 3 but still was the main song from thst season and is strongly connected to the series. It might also work well for TK Multiball.

I am going to try Running Up That Hill for Get Me Out mode. I'm skeptical the music will work well with the flow of the mode but the fact it was season 4 doesn't bother me. That mode is Nancee in the Upside Down and the song is emblematic of the Upside Down and season 4 is also Stranger Things whether included in the pin or not.

#15185 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

The machines are based on season 1, 2, and 3.

Just season 1 and 2, not 3.

#15186 1 year ago

I apologize. I thought it was the three! I don’t have the game yet! It’s my next acquisition! I have already bought a bunch of mods!

Quoted from VisitorQ:Just season 1 and 2, not 3.

#15187 1 year ago
Quoted from Zartan:

I apologize. I thought it was the three! I don’t have the game yet! It’s my next acquisition! I have already bought a bunch of mods!

It's a great game when you do get it, you will enjoy it.

#15188 1 year ago

I stuck rock you like a hurricane for TK multiball. I've got it so when the van crashes down it yells "here I am, Rock you like a hurricane". Feels better to me than the stock tk multiball music and gives it some life

#15189 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

I feel like it would work best on a multiball. Would be great if it could happen randomly on telekinesis, but would it work on demigorgoen multi balls? Hear me out, you’re fighting a monster from the upside down lol.

#15190 1 year ago

Had this for about a year so far, and it has been a blast. Reached Total Isolation 1 once but my skills are not good enough yet to do it twice.

Couldn't find this via search, but has anyone else run into an issue where the machine will randomly play the 'electricity' sound whenever the machine shakes hard enough? I'm referring to the sound that plays when you hit one of the thingies on either side of the TK ramp that enables the ball lock. Apparently my machine has decided that any motion (flipping, ball hitting poppers, demogorgon shaking when he comes out) is the switch being hit. I'll even see the score go up a tiny amount.

#15191 1 year ago
Quoted from elin:

machine will randomly play the 'electricity' sound whenever the machine shakes hard enough?

Sounds like the switch needs adjustment, which is a fairly common thing on any pins. Open the diagnostics - switch test, and shake the machine or knock on the playfield and confirm which it is and activate it with your finger to confirm it is the same on shown in the switch test. You can check on youtube about adjusting a standup target, which is easy.

#15192 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Sounds like the switch needs adjustment, which is a fairly common thing on any pins. Open the diagnostics - switch test, and shake the machine or knock on the playfield and confirm which it is and activate it with your finger to confirm it is the same on shown in the switch test. You can check on youtube about adjusting a standup target, which is easy.

Nice, thanks! I'll try all that.

#15193 1 year ago

Backlight on a specific portion of my backbox screen is starting to fail (bottom right part of the screen), resulting into a darker area. Oddly enough it does work correctly sometime, but it's kind of random.

Before I go out and try to repair, has anyone else encountered this issue ?

#15194 1 year ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Backlight on a specific portion of my backbox screen is starting to fail (bottom right part of the screen), resulting into a darker area. Oddly enough it does work correctly sometime, but it's kind of random.
Before I go out and try to repair, has anyone else encountered this issue ?

I've seen individual led's go bad on the boards both on the playfield and in the back box. It's pretty uncommon though. You can always try getting it warranty replaced. I've been surprised how responsive stern support has been in the past. It is on the main board i believe which may be a while before stern has replacement parts. This is always an option too

https://cointaker.com/products/stern-led-backbox-kit

#15195 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I'm in the same boat. I've had my Pro since they were first released (January 2020) and have only hit TI2 a couple times. I still absolutely love the game, and I'm glad there are other goals to reach.

#15196 1 year ago

I’m gonna put “Running Up That Hill” in “Mama Says” just to watch @chuckwurt’s head explode

#15197 1 year ago

For anyone who doesn’t have the stern topper I just saw little shop of games has them on sale for $640.

#15198 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

For anyone who doesn’t have the stern topper I just saw little shop of games has them on sale for $640.

They made more toppers than ST pins

#15199 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:I’m gonna put “Running Up That Hill” in “Mama Says” just to watch chuckwurt’s head explode

I'm going with "Mama Said" by The Shirelles since it's old school like this series. They're both like from teh sixtiez or somthin.

#15200 1 year ago

Well it's not the LE ST pinball I wished for, but it's still a LE, of the BC Rich Warlock aka "Eddie's guitar"!!!

20220615_173140 (resized).jpg20220615_173140 (resized).jpg20220615_173148 (resized).jpg20220615_173148 (resized).jpg20220615_173200 (resized).jpg20220615_173200 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,404 posts in this topic. You are on page 304 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/304 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.