20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 445.
#15101 1 year ago

The nice people at wizardmods are doing the Le art for me on the pro apron. Has anybody put an apron on a pro? Is it thick enough that it doesn’t indent over the card apron area?

Edit: answered by wizards. They told me the vinyl is thick and won’t sag into the card area. Also watched their install video. Pretty awesome service doing a customised apron for me at no extra cost. Very helpful people. Will show when it’s installed. Thanks to pinsiders that sent me photos of their aprons without IC. forgive me for being lazy.

#15102 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Doubtful. Put it in diag mode and choose the game-specific tests. Can you raise and lower the ramp in test mode? Try coil tests too.

ok thank u i will check that too

#15103 1 year ago

Ok, after catching up and watching the first few episodes of season 4, I'm thinking of adding Dead Or Alive: You Spin Me Round as the TK multiball music. I consider it a classic new wave/synth 80's anthem and figure now that has officially joined the series soundtrack it is fair game, right? ... even if the pin is based on just the first two seasons .

#15104 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ok, after catching up and watching the first few episodes of season 4, I'm thinking of adding Dead Or Alive: You Spin Me Round as the TK multiball music. I consider it a classic new wave/synth 80's anthem and figure now that has officially joined the series soundtrack it is fair game, right? ... even if the pin is based on just the first two seasons .

it's your game, friend

#15105 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's your game, friend

I know, I am going to add it regardless. I've never really liked the stock TK audio that much andd currently have Girls On Film there. Going to try out Dead Or Alive and compare.

#15106 1 year ago

Just installed a magnetic reed switch(MRS) in place of the rollover switch on the burn it back loop. Wow does this make a difference! I've owned several stranger things at this point and each of them had a similar issue where at times the burn it back loop shot didn't register as the ball flies through there and catches a bit of air and misses the switch. With this it is detected 100% of the time - no more misses. This has drastically improved my score as I realized how difficult it was without it to get the 2x and extra balls lit.

Extra special thanks to Sonic for helping me work through some magentic interference between the demogorgan coil and pop bumper coil which are both close proximity to this switch. If you order one from him be sure to request the magnetic shielding strip as an add on as it is needed here!

IMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2093 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpgIMG_2094 (resized).jpg
#15107 1 year ago

When they walk through the underground lab in episode 5, you can see a vintage scanning electron microscope on the left. My day job is leaking over into Stranger Things now!

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#15108 1 year ago

I just got a UPS tracking number for a projector! I will feel much better when I have one sitting on my shelf if I ever need it.

#15109 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just got a UPS tracking number for a projector! I will feel much better when I have one sitting on my shelf if I ever need it.

Did you get it from Stern?

#15110 1 year ago

I ordered through my distributor and it appears to have shipped from them. Based on this, it apparently Stern does have some at their facility.

#15111 1 year ago

Happy to officially be a member of the club, got a Pro from the December 2021 batch. Already have the game for some months, but first soaked up all the knowledge you guys shared here. Much appreciated and thanks to all that contributed to this club!

Things I took care off:
- installed a playfield protector, new to the hobby and got a bit anxious about all the dimpling horror stories.
- installed shooter lane protector
- installed airball protector on left ramp
- changed all rubbers for Titans, currently choose for translucent
- installed CLiP plastic protectors
- could not resist and installed the bat with nails above the shooter lane
- added shaker motor
- installed premium UV kit, super happy to have found one as they were hard to find
- D20 shooter rod

Adjustments:
- put mylar and felt under the left ramp where it touches the ball guide from mystery. Unfortunately the decall was already damaged out of the box
- changed through eject power (#83) to 176. Together with the protector best thing to do to preserve the shooter lane. I wish I knew this with my first game
- changed the flipper power (#86 & #87) as the air balls from the demogorgon that hit the glass were too much to count
- changed high score reset count to “off” (#39)

Questions after playing a bunch of games:
- I notice and also read that sometimes the game has trouble to keep up with all the events. Noticed for example that once you are in a mode and for example demodog running and you shoot the demogorgon. It sometimes does not register that you made the pass and detects it as a mystery shot and does not lower the ramp. Is this normall?
- I was off the opinion that the demogorgon on the later batches was fixed. Still the shot seems hard and if I make them the game often detects it as a bash hit first and does no longer count it as a hit in the mouth. Any tips or pointers on how to fix this?
- Saw that some advised to lower the backbox lighting. Anybody has some suggested settings I can work with?
- Still need to apply the art blades, but somehow I find it a bit tricky. Any tips and tricks so that I can finish this and focus on the primary reason I got this game?

A345D5AB-43BD-4241-A61D-67140897F622 (resized).jpegA345D5AB-43BD-4241-A61D-67140897F622 (resized).jpeg
#15112 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

- Still need to apply the art blades, but somehow I find it a bit tricky. Any tips and tricks so that I can finish this and focus on the primary reason I got this game?[quoted image]

I just installed Art Blades on my Iron Maiden, first time doing so on any game and the very first side I installed... Fucked it up. My advice here is to use Rapid Tac and get a second set of hands to line them up correctly. It is very hard to install them by yourself IMO but it can be done. Watch videos on YouTube, there are a few on how to do it. The method of taping them in place and then slowly applying them front to back seems like a good way of doing it. I was successful when installing the other side but still had to order an additional set which equals out to about a $100 mistake. Hopefully on mistake in doing the side I screwed up this weekend.

As far as the decal on the ramp being damaged out of the box, contact Stern or your Stern dealer... They should replace it for free, specifically if you bought it brand new in the box.

I know this doesn't cover everything in your post but hopefully it will help some.

#15113 1 year ago
Quoted from LDP84:

Happy to officially be a member of the club, got a Pro from the December 2021 batch. Already have the game for some months, but first soaked up all the knowledge you guys shared here. Much appreciated and thanks to all that contributed to this club!
Things I took care off:
- installed a playfield protector, new to the hobby and got a bit anxious about all the dimpling horror stories.
- installed shooter lane protector
- installed airball protector on left ramp
- changed all rubbers for Titans, currently choose for translucent
- installed CLiP plastic protectors
- could not resist and installed the bat with nails above the shooter lane
- added shaker motor
- installed premium UV kit, super happy to have found one as they were hard to find
- D20 shooter rod
Adjustments:
- put mylar and felt under the left ramp where it touches the ball guide from mystery. Unfortunately the decall was already damaged out of the box
- changed through eject power (#83) to 176. Together with the protector best thing to do to preserve the shooter lane. I wish I knew this with my first game
- changed the flipper power (#86 & #87) as the air balls from the demogorgon that hit the glass were too much to count
- changed high score reset count to “off” (#39)
- I notice and also read that sometimes the game has trouble to keep up with all the events. Noticed for example that once you are in a mode and for example demodog running and you shoot the demogorgon. It sometimes does not register that you made the pass and detects it as a mystery shot and does not lower the ramp. Is this normall?
- I was off the opinion that the demogorgon on the later batches was fixed. Still the shot seems hard and if I make them the game often detects it as a bash hit first and does no longer count it as a hit in the mouth. Any tips or pointers on how to fix this?
- Saw that some advised to lower the backbox lighting. Anybody has some suggested settings I can work with?
- Still need to apply the art blades, but somehow I find it a bit tricky. Any tips and tricks so that I can finish this and focus on the primary reason I got this game?[quoted image]

Where do you recommend get clip plastic protectors from

#15114 1 year ago
Quoted from LDP84:

- if the drops are a bit low it can cause the ball to bounce and sometimes jump the opto. Look at adjusting the drops to see if they are high or low at all. I'd also recommend putting some felt or something soft along the top of the metal guide that is under the demogorgon to help slow the ball down if it is jumping the opto.

- Stern has a very low success rate of the demogorgon out of the box. There is a ton of information here on adjusting it. Long story short you need to remove the spacer under the chin of the demogorgon and adjust the height of it using the 2 spacers under. Since you mention many glass hits that would indicate the demogorgon is too high and you need to reduce the height of it.

- I use 25% when in game and 45% in attract mode for the backbox on all my machines

#15115 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Where do you recommend get clip plastic protectors from

Since I am from Europe ordered them from pu-parts.de and if you from the US you can get them from mezelmods.com.

But there are more places that offer plastic protectors. What I liked from these is that they added all hardware required. However, the CLiP are the same size as the plastics and the ones I have on my TMNT are 3mm larger. Hard to say if it matters in the long run.

It will definitely not help with the airballs I fire from the ramp on top of the pop bumpers from the left flipper

#15116 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

- if the drops are a bit low it can cause the ball to bounce and sometimes jump the opto. Look at adjusting the drops to see if they are high or low at all. I'd also recommend putting some felt or something soft along the top of the metal guide that is under the demogorgon to help slow the ball down if it is jumping the opto.
- Stern has a very low success rate of the demogorgon out of the box. There is a ton of information here on adjusting it. Long story short you need to remove the spacer under the chin of the demogorgon and adjust the height of it using the 2 spacers under. Since you mention many glass hits that would indicate the demogorgon is too high and you need to reduce the height of it.
- I use 25% when in game and 45% in attract mode for the backbox on all my machines

Thanks for the info. Will definitely take a look at this. Still need to do some checks to make sure the left orbit feeds the left flipper.

#15117 1 year ago

I got my backup projector today. Man the thing is tiny!

13A49FC3-0915-462A-90CD-BF4FAC1CA598 (resized).jpeg13A49FC3-0915-462A-90CD-BF4FAC1CA598 (resized).jpeg62266575-ADDC-4643-8535-A340CB9C7E16 (resized).jpeg62266575-ADDC-4643-8535-A340CB9C7E16 (resized).jpeg
#15118 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my backup projector today. Man the thing is tiny![quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find it?

#15119 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I got my backup projector today. Man the thing is tiny![quoted image][quoted image]

How much did it cost?

#15120 1 year ago

I'm interested in buying this game unfortunately seems stern is not going to be making them anymore, there are a number of pros available but premiums are hard to find and are running at basically double the price of a pro. I was hoping steen would do another run and I would grab a premium, but that's not happening.
How does the pro compare to the premium? The obvious biggest difference is the projector.

#15121 1 year ago

So with that projector, it looks as though s6000 pico projectors are available from a few places around 250 bucks, looks identical. Could one of these work, or is there firmware in the stern projectors themselves?

638B9247-FE17-4EE6-940A-8F6E368A5353 (resized).png638B9247-FE17-4EE6-940A-8F6E368A5353 (resized).pngC7915950-47FA-4DD6-94E0-8F116CB6864C (resized).pngC7915950-47FA-4DD6-94E0-8F116CB6864C (resized).png
#15122 1 year ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

So with that projector, it looks as though s6000 pico projectors are available from a few places around 250 bucks, looks identical. Could one of these work, or is there firmware in the stern projectors themselves?

Firmware. This one auto-turns on when connected to power and auto selects HDMI input with no menus. I believe others got the projector from online to work but needed to turn it on and select HDMI with a remote if I recall correctly.

#15123 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

How does the pro compare to the premium? The obvious biggest difference is the projector.

the projector and the TK lock are literally the only physical differences, and also on the pro you can backhand the left ramp. there is a bonus multiball mode involving locking balls again during multiball with the pre/le and also the swipe a ball function. all of these things are cool to have but do not substantially alter the gameplay or scoring. ST Pro is great!

Quoted from Neal_W:

I believe others got the projector from online to work but needed to turn it on and select HDMI with a remote if I recall correctly.

that is a small and reasonable compromise to save $350 imho

#15124 1 year ago

Feature Matrix (resized).jpgFeature Matrix (resized).jpg

#15125 1 year ago

I installed the Insider Connected kit in the coin door. Is there anything beyond basic achievements planned for this title? Does the annual fee add anything? I thought I saw something about receiving schwag from Stern somehow through this.

#15126 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Is there anything beyond basic achievements planned for this title?

Gomez was on SAPS podcast saying there was more coming for IC. Probably leaderboards and ability play against others head to head?

#15128 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Firmware. This one auto-turns on when connected to power and auto selects HDMI input with no menus. I believe others got the projector from online to work but needed to turn it on and select HDMI with a remote if I recall correctly.

How does the HDMI plug in? I’m ready to go Promium!

#15129 1 year ago

Did you successfully complete an order there? I keep having the order processing stall. I've tried as a guest and with an account.

#15130 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the projector and the TK lock are literally the only physical differences,

Shaking demo too.

#15131 1 year ago

As far as I know, converting a pro to a premium is not possible due to the custom firmware on the projector.

The replacements come from stern and they are $800.

#15132 1 year ago
Quoted from matlynch91:

Where did you find it?

I ordered it from my distributor who ordered it for me from Stern.

#15133 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

As far as I know, converting a pro to a premium is not possible due to the custom firmware on the projector.
The replacements come from stern and they are $800.

I wonder how the firmware is loaded onto it, micro sd card in it perhaps? If we can dump the firmware then we could all buy two projectors for less than one from stern.

#15134 1 year ago

Definitely use Rapid Tac when installing art blades. That’s what I use and I have never had a problem installing them on my own. For the record, I am just a regular dude and not some type of repair nut or pinball technician. It can easily be done well by the common man.

#15135 1 year ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I wonder how the firmware is loaded onto it, micro sd card in it perhaps? If we can dump the firmware then we could all buy two projectors for less than one from stern.

Unless the sd card is buried inside, there’s no sd card in it.

#15136 1 year ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Did you successfully complete an order there? I keep having the order processing stall. I've tried as a guest and with an account.

No, didn't place an order yet. Was waiting to see if it's possible. If all the firmware does is the job of a remote control, turning it on and setting it to hdmi, no problem.

#15137 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

No, didn't place an order yet. Was waiting to see if it's possible. If all the firmware does is the job of a remote control, turning it on and setting it to hdmi, no problem.

No. Someone previously said they got the projector and hooked it up with premium code on a pro and it still didn’t work. I don’t think it was as simple as changing the input, but could be wrong.

#15138 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

I'm interested in buying this game unfortunately seems stern is not going to be making them anymore, there are a number of pros available but premiums are hard to find and are running at basically double the price of a pro. I was hoping steen would do another run and I would grab a premium, but that's not happening.

One thing to mention is the pro looks great when it’s off. I have a last batch pro and really enjoy it. A fun fast game with lots to do. Still find it very immersive with the modes. Make sure you get the uv kit.

#15139 1 year ago

cleland any chance of getting Kate Bush in your code?

#15140 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Definitely use Rapid Tac when installing art blades. That’s what I use and I have never had a problem installing them on my own. For the record, I am just a regular dude and not some type of repair nut or pinball technician. It can easily be done well by the common man.

Yeah. I was successful in my second attempt.

2022-06-11 12.52.19 (resized).jpg2022-06-11 12.52.19 (resized).jpg
#15141 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Soapy water technique. Ive installed to sets of artblades. One by removing the playfield and one left it. Both times using a spray bottle with soapy water worked perfect. I install mirrors with carpet tape. Can install without removing playfield. Make sure you pick up some pinshields! Absolute must have. Good luck!

#15142 1 year ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Both times using a spray bottle with soapy water worked perfect

Yep. Soapy water works as well. I tried that but found it’s a little more sloppy to work with, but it definitely works. Good call with art blade shields! I agree they are a must have after installing art or mirror blades.

#15143 1 year ago

My STh cab is super snug, and I have a pretty hard time sliding in the glass the first 1/2 of the way. I doubt art blades would be a good idea in my case.

#15144 1 year ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

My cab is super snug, and I have a pretty hard time sliding in the glass the first 1/2 of the way. I doubt art blades would be a good idea in my case.

You'd be surprised how much room you can create. I had a dialed in and thought no way am I getting art blades in. But left the playfield in, stood it up, push it to the other side as far as she'd go. Soapy water on back side of the artblade and slid right in. After it was wiped down the best I could I slid the pinshield. Then I pushed the playfield over against the pinshield and sane process on the other side. Turned out perfect.

#15145 1 year ago

Got my replacement optos! Will be my first soldering work, wish me luck!!

PXL_20220612_165321949 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_165321949 (resized).jpg
#15146 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Got my replacement optos! Will be my first soldering work, wish me luck!![quoted image]

Didn't work, not sure if it was me or if there is an issue up the line. Since its the second lock, its daisy'd to the first, and the other 3 optos indicator leds turn on. Doesn't look terrible to me but what do i know lol

PXL_20220612_202035389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202035389 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202043977 (resized).jpgPXL_20220612_202043977 (resized).jpg
#15147 1 year ago
Quoted from BradyScribbles:

cleland any chance of getting Kate Bush in your code?

What he said!

#15148 1 year ago

So did Stranger Things just officially get retired? I see Stern moved it to the archive page.

#15149 1 year ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

So did Stranger Things just officially get retired? I see Stern moved it to the archive page.

They stopped making them after one last run of Pros a while back.

#15150 1 year ago

still listed as 'in production' here on pinside as well

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,212 posts in this topic. You are on page 303 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/303 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.