20240328_091907 (resized).jpg
20240328_091912 (resized).jpg
20240326_130903 (resized).jpg
20240327_085933 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240327_090153_Gallery (resized).jpg
20240326_234550 (resized).jpg
20240326_234700 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 445.
#15051 1 year ago
Quoted from spidey:

There some discussion about this earlier but not sure what the conclusion was.

I think the custom firmware of the projector stopped the project in its tracks.

#15052 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the custom firmware of the projector stopped the project in its tracks.

yep and also the general unavailability of the projector in the world

#15053 1 year ago

The 4th Season has broken viewing records for Netflix.

And Stern doesn't renew the license.

#15054 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

The 4th Season has broken viewing records for Netflix.
And Stern doesn't renew the license.

as i understand it, the game earns well on location but they had trouble moving them initially as operators didn't want them. the code sucking a big bunch of ass for the first year+ of release didn't help either

i was able to find a NIB LE last october. the game didn't exactly fly out of the warehouse

#15055 1 year ago

So going to replace the drop downs with the Mezelmods clear ones. Any advice on how to stop them from bricking, how to make them more sensitive and drop easier?

#15056 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

as i understand it, the game earns well on location but they had trouble moving them initially as operators didn't want them. the code sucking a big bunch of ass for the first year+ of release didn't help either
i was able to find a NIB LE last october. the game didn't exactly fly out of the warehouse

There was also that little COVID thing that took everyone away from the world 3 months after release

#15057 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

So going to replace the drop downs with the Mezelmods clear ones. Any advice on how to stop them from bricking, how to make them more sensitive and drop easier?

Just the nature of the beast. Really nothing you can do except avoid straight on shots to them.

#15058 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just the nature of the beast. Really nothing you can do except avoid straight on shots to them.

ZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpgZomboMeme 02062022170756 (resized).jpg
#15059 1 year ago

Through episode 5 of season 4. Wasn’t sure if I liked this season at first but it’s growing on me. Right now I am feeling it’s better than 3 but not quite up there with 1 & 2. Got me hankerin’ for ST pin again. I was looking for a premium for a while but gave up.

#15060 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Through episode 5 of season 4. Wasn’t sure if I liked this season at first but it’s growing on me. Right now I am feeling it’s better than 3 but not quite up there with 1 & 2. Got me hankerin’ for ST pin again. I was looking for a premium for a while but gave up.

It gets much better with ep 6 and 7

#15061 1 year ago

Stranger Things is incredible. That is all.

#15062 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Appreciate the spoiler free review. 2 yo and a new born along with end of month reporting at work, havent had time to watch anything but the first and half of the second episode. Hearing nothing but great things so super excited!

#15063 1 year ago

Failed with the saucer kicking out to burn it back. Don’t think it can ever be made consistent. It will always move. The posts underneath are just in t-nuts. All the deflector is being clamped on is the machine post stud. There is no friction points to keep it from moving. Combine that with the kicker shoving a metal ball into it which wants to push it back north….

Tightened down so much the posts around the stud dug into the clear and I snapped the top of one of the studs.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

The only way the deflector can be clamped down is a 3D print which replaces the two posts and gives a flat base to bolt the deflector to. Might give it a go later.

Thanks chuckwurt for letting me dream!

8AFEE8CF-E312-427F-8D1B-882A17FB7928 (resized).jpeg8AFEE8CF-E312-427F-8D1B-882A17FB7928 (resized).jpeg
#15064 1 year ago

Yeah that adjustment is definitely a hack. Eddy never meant for it to go around the loop.

#15065 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Ugh. Season 4 really isn't that good IMO. I am glad Stern focused on the first two seasons, after that the show really starts to take a tumble and lose focus.

#15066 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Failed with the saucer kicking out to burn it back.

You do know this is making the game cheat and it was never designed to do this right?

My intent was to set mine up to do the same but quickly aboard it doing so when I found this out...

#15067 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that adjustment is definitely a hack. Eddy never meant for it to go around the loop.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

You do know this is making the game cheat and it was never designed to do this right?
My intent was to set mine up to do the same but quickly aboard it doing so when I found this out...

It was cool when it worked. Also burn it back isn’t that powerful. Will just turn it down and have it kick at the targets.

#15068 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

It was cool when it worked. Also burn it back isn’t that powerful. Will just turn it down and have it kick at the targets.

Yeah. I agree. I honestly think the game should have been designed to have done it.

Before I knew it was not suppose to do that, I was able to get mine to work somewhat regularly but once it fell back out of adjustment, I just left it that way.

#15069 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ugh. Season 4 really isn't that good IMO. I am glad Stern focused on the first two seasons, after that the show really starts to take a tumble and lose focus.

Opinions will vary. My friend and I liked Season 4 enough that we’re going to rewatch it in a few weeks.

#15070 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Opinions will vary. My friend and I liked Season 4 enough that we’re going to rewatch it in a few weeks.

I think Season 4 is great. It reminds me of GoT in how they can manage so many interesting sub plots and character combinations.

#15071 1 year ago

My family and I all love season 4. The debate for us is which is better - season 1 or season 4?... (Still a vote for season 2 as well)

#15072 1 year ago

Oh, and "Yuri Murray Yuri Murray"

#15073 1 year ago

Season 4 has been ok for us so far. Pretty slow going through the first 4 episodes. I know people have been saying it's more horror but I'm not really seeing that. At least it's better than the orville and obi-wan. The orville is unwatchable.

#15074 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

My family and I all love season 4. The debate for us is which is better - season 1 or season 4?... (Still a vote for season 2 as well)

Nothing can touch season 1. I believe it’s 100% in the top 10 seasons of television of all time.

Season 2 came close because they introduced a nice batch of new compelling characters and dove into the lore more deeply.

Same reason all the matrix sequels aren’t good - the magic is being introduced to the premise. The key difference is that stranger things has likable and like-to-hate characters. The matrix has cardboard action figures.

The magic of introducing the characters and scenario are what make any movie or tv series great. Sequels are almost always “more of the same but…more!”, which almost never truly captures that establishment magic of a truly great premise and truly great characters. You simply throw them into more shit, and hopefully, interesting situations and watch them react.

Same reason the first Harry Potter movie is magic. It establishes the entire world and populates it will compelling characters. All the other movies are just “more of the same”, and when you have a really damn good premise to play off of, “more of the same” can be quite enjoyable, even if it doesn’t have that magic spark the original movie had.

I could rant on about this crap for hours

#15075 1 year ago

Ya like, whatcha like. If season 4 is your favorite or if you even hate the show... It doesn't take away from the fact that Stranger Things Pinball is a winner in my book. LOL! Then again, you may hate the game!

#15076 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Personally, I prefer when the kickout hits the two right targets. Once you dial it in like that, it stays pretty consistent.

#15077 1 year ago

I really like Stranger Things 4, but cant figure out why they still dress Will like hes 5 years old?

#15078 1 year ago

I liked the season fine as something my family and I can agree to watch together but this article makes a lot of really good points:

https://cameron-craig.medium.com/stranger-things-season-4-is-a-bloated-competent-boring-and-mesmerizing-mess-no-spoilers-1fd120969df5

It's a good show but it's got issues. I hope they are able to go out on a high note by quitting while they're ahead

#15079 1 year ago

I trust my eyes. Season 4 is amazing.

#15080 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I trust my eyes. Season 4 is amazing.

Above and beyond what I thought it would be. The Nightmare on Elmstreet vibe is awesome.

#15081 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I gotta say and no disrespect to you’re opinion but you’re out of you’re mind. Season 3 tied it all together and season 4 has been incredible. You’re an odd duck fella.

#15082 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Preach Chuck !! Lol

#15083 1 year ago

I just want a Hellfire Club t-shirt

https://consequence.net/2022/06/stranger-things-hellfire-club-t-shirt/

D1DFB271-D14D-4323-8259-2B3F26D021C8.jpegD1DFB271-D14D-4323-8259-2B3F26D021C8.jpeg
#15084 1 year ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Me and my wife just rewatched seasons 1-3 the past two weeks. I would rank the first 3 seasons: 1) season 1, 2) season 2 (seasons 1 & 2 were both excellent IMO) and season 3 third. I liked the humor is season 3 but the whole Russians all over Hawkins hangibg out and doing experiments with no one having a clue aspect was a bit over the top and ridiculous IMO.

We will be watching season 4 over the next week or so. Going to see Top Gun on IMAX tonight (another theme I want to see from Stern) so Stranger Things season 4 is on hold.

#15085 1 year ago

Does anyone know the part number for the deflector. I scratched mine a bit. Can’t find it in the manual or pinball life.

#15087 1 year ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Does anyone know the part number for the deflector. I scratched mine a bit. Can’t find it in the manual or pinball life.

They call the assembly the 'left eject' in the coil list, but the left eject is not shown in the part list for the premium or pro.

#15088 1 year ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I gotta say and no disrespect to you’re opinion but you’re out of you’re mind. Season 3 tied it all together and season 4 has been incredible. You’re an odd duck fella.

I honestly think the show as a whole is just "ok", any season.

#15089 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I honestly think the show as a whole is just "ok", any season.

agreed. it's fine but it's way too derivative to be great

#15090 1 year ago

Well let’s agree to disagree. I’ve only seen season 1 to 3, and it’s the best homage to ET, the 80s and the supernatural. I think it’s great. And I think you’re all over analysing. Just enjoy the show and play pinball.

#15092 1 year ago

agreed. it's fine but it's way too derivative to be great

Going back to 2016 when the show premiered, what was it derivative of?

#15093 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Going back to 2016 when the show premiered, what was it derivative of?

the only original idea in the show is the upside down. the show is nostalgia about nostalgia. taste is taste, no one is gonna change anyone's mind lol

it's fine. better than most of what else is on

#15094 1 year ago

For those that were wanting a way to keep updated on the mod set before it goes live, I started a thread here that I'll update as I know more: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/medisinyl-mods-stranger-things-no-list-until-fully-revealed

#15095 1 year ago

the only original idea in the show is the upside down. the show is nostalgia about nostalgia. taste is taste, no one is gonna change anyone's mind lol
it's fine. better than most of what else is on

I hate to spoil it for ya, but literally every show, every movie, and every song you’ve ever heard is derivative from the perspective of those 20-30 years older than you.

#15096 1 year ago

nvm

#15097 1 year ago

Hi fellas i've a problem with the mission busted out.
my lift ramp do not goes down anymore , the ball comes out from the left lock and start an other mission instead of the
demogorgon sequence.
So i can't hit that giant baby.
The switch are all good do you think it could be a software issue?

Thank u for your help

#15098 1 year ago

Hi all - really frustrating that I broke the one way gate under my demogorgan. Have been checking for this part here forever https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5307-09 but no success.

is anyone able to make me one? I am willing to pay you for your time and troubles, send me a message if you can help!

Thanks!

#15099 1 year ago
Quoted from PinBallinOnBudge:

Hi all - really frustrating that I broke the one way gate under my demogorgan. Have been checking for this part here forever https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/535-5307-09 but no success.
is anyone able to make me one? I am willing to pay you for your time and troubles, send me a message if you can help!
Thanks!

a guy in another thread with a similar issue had some success taking the broken part to a craft store and buying some matching wire in the same gauge and then doing the bends themselves. you could try that...

that said, I couldn't use my google fu to find that part in stock anywhere. a quick tip when you're searching pinball parts using google is to do the search like this: "#535-5307-09" and it will only search for pages where the exact part number is part of the text. no joy on this one but it may help in the future.

damn, parts for this thing are hard to find!

Quoted from stef34:

Hi fellas i've a problem with the mission busted out.
my lift ramp do not goes down anymore , the ball comes out from the left lock and start an other mission instead of the
demogorgon sequence.
So i can't hit that giant baby.
Thank u for your help

sorry man, no idea whatsoever how to help you :/

#15100 1 year ago
Quoted from stef34:

Doubtful. Put it in diag mode and choose the game-specific tests. Can you raise and lower the ramp in test mode? Try coil tests too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Trade
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,215 posts in this topic. You are on page 302 of 445.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/302 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.