IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 449.
#15001 1 year ago

Yeah. I would’ve been pissed if Mama changed in any way.

#15002 1 year ago

What do you guys use to clean the white projector adhesive on premium/LE ramps and drop target areas? I tried Novus 1 but still have a lot of black ball mark lines.

#15003 1 year ago

i use novus 1, i just use it a lot. when i start to see the black dust on the main projector screen i take the glass off and clean the white stuff; every 250 games or so? don't forget the ball lock on the backboard, too, there is a 20k LE on the market and the guy didn't even wipe off the grit from the magnet before he took a picture, lol

#15004 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

What do you guys use to clean the white projector adhesive on premium/LE ramps and drop target areas? I tried Novus 1 but still have a lot of black ball mark lines.

That’s all I used. Step it up to 2. I cleaned mine very frequently so novus 1 worked fine.

#15006 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sold my LE too cheap!!

i think that 20k is a bit ambitious, but 18k seems to be where they've settled for now, assuming you've got all the goodies

#15007 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i think that 20k is a bit ambitious, but 18k seems to be where they've settled for now, assuming you've got all the goodies

Crazy. Mine was 12k not even 6 months ago. Didn’t have the topper, but still.

#15008 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Crazy. Mine was 12k not even 6 months ago. Didn’t have the topper, but still.

it is god damn insane I could come up like 7k if i were to sell mine but my family won't allow it

stupid family

#15009 1 year ago

Too bad there are part shortages. Stern could release 500 "Season 4" limited edition versions and sell them all at a nice profit. I realize it's not that easy due to licensing issues. It's fun to dream!

#15010 1 year ago

i'm really nervous about what happens to the game's value if/when the projector bricks. i kind of want to keep it forever but i also kind of want to sell it before 5k gets knocked off the value because of that damn projector

#15011 1 year ago

i'm really nervous about what happens to the game's value if/when the projector bricks. i kind of want to keep it forever but i also kind of want to sell it before 5k gets knocked off the value because of that damn projector

I have thought about this as well but to my knowledge there has only been one or two cases of the projector going bad.

#15012 1 year ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

yes, the auto settings will change how many burn it backs are needed over time. On my machine it eventually got to 20 I think so I did like Chuck and set it to 10. The one on location near me seems to stay at 3 until league starts back up then it adjusts.

It's not like I am rocking out the machine even with the extra ball to be honest, it just seemed to be a bit too easy to obtain is all. I mean at first I thought the switch was reading too many times on a ball pass or getting stuck.

#15013 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

It's not like I am rocking out the machine even with the extra ball to be honest, it just seemed to be a bit too easy to obtain is all. I mean at first I thought the switch was reading too many times on a ball pass or getting stuck.

is your SD card (not the USB stick) properly flashed? if you are turning the machine off and on frequently, it will reset the burn it back loop requirement for multiball to 3 every time you turn it off and on. also your audits won't be correct. check it- mine was wrong for quite a while

#15014 1 year ago

is your SD card (not the USB stick) properly flashed? if you are turning the machine off and on frequently, it will reset the burn it back loop requirement for multiball to 3 every time you turn it off and on. also your audits won't be correct. check it- mine was wrong for quite a while

Pretty sure I did a factory reset when I got the game and then between trying to get the TK lock to work, it was on and off a lot. Now everything is adjusted and working but I still leave the game unplugged when I am not playing it through out the week.

#15015 1 year ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I use Isopropanol alcohol for cleaning the white surfaces.
Works also perfect for white rubbers.

#15016 1 year ago

I have seriously debated this. I have a pro and really want a premium. What really happens when these projectors run their life expectancy?? Stern can’t get common parts now. What happens on a special order projector. Without the projector, the premium would be worthless in my opinion. What are peoples plans?

#15017 1 year ago

i mean, the life expectancy is 20,000 hours which is roughly 400,000 games at a game every 3 minutes but the fact that right now there is no replacement if something happens to the projector makes me very nervous

#15018 1 year ago

i'm really nervous about what happens to the game's value if/when the projector bricks

Projectors on route are on all day, every day and were not getting reports of failures, so in home use I wouldn't worry.

#15019 1 year ago

someone here had one brick, right? do you mind telling us what happened that we might avoid it?

#15020 1 year ago

Mine bricked early on. It was a faulty hdmi port.

#15021 1 year ago

i'll try to avoid that

#15022 1 year ago

I just updated my 1.05 Premium/LE code with Pinball Browser 8.13.
The static should be fixed now. If someone wants test it out before I send links, shoot me a PM.

#15023 1 year ago

i mean, the life expectancy is 20,000 hours which is roughly 400,000 games at a game every 3 minutes but the fact that right now there is no replacement if something happens to the projector makes me very nervous

So part number 509-2009-00 we should stock? Will stern get this back in stock? I mean, here in EU it’s law you must deliver parts for around 10 years.

#15024 1 year ago

I bet stern has them to buy right now.

#15025 1 year ago

afaik Stern will just refer you to a distributor...

#15026 1 year ago

Exactly what they told me. I have one “on order” with Flip N out but it is all dependent on Stern.

B6AAD27A-DD00-49F9-9FF3-A83EB10756DF (resized).pngB6AAD27A-DD00-49F9-9FF3-A83EB10756DF (resized).png
#15027 1 year ago

Right sorry. But I believe they have them in stock.

#15028 1 year ago

someone here had one brick, right? do you mind telling us what happened that we might avoid it?

I am pretty sure they said the fan inside the projector seized up or stop running causing the bulb to melt the projector inside... Something to that effect.

#15029 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Exactly what they told me. I have one “on order” with Flip N out but it is all dependent on Stern.[quoted image]

That is the generic reply they send to everyone, I got that one from multiple people there but for a different part I was looking for.

Are you saying you have a projector on order or something else?

#15030 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That is the generic reply they send to everyone, I got that one from multiple people there but for a different part I was looking for.
Are you saying you have a projector on order or something else?

Yes, I asked Zach to order me a projector from stern about a month ago. No idea if Stern will deliver. My thought is all Premium/LE owners should try and order a backup projector now. It will only get more difficult to source with time and the more people who request them now the more likely stern makes it happen.

#15031 1 year ago

Stern topper, Stern shooter rod and spinning Arcade sign mod if anyone is interested

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/136262

#15032 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Yes, I asked Zach to order me a projector from stern about a month ago. No idea if Stern will deliver. My thought is all Premium/LE owners should try and order a backup projector now. It will only get more difficult to source with time and the more people who request them now the more likely stern makes it happen.

I’m confused. Did you pay for it? If you did, that means it’s in stock and you’ll get it at some point.

#15033 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I am not sure I will have my game that long to need one, I mean aren't they around $800?

#15035 1 year ago

Just saw both Stranger Things and Iron Maiden have been move to the archive section of Stern's website.

#15036 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Just saw both Stranger Things and Iron Maiden have been move to the archive section of Stern's website.

Good catch, I just looked recently and saw them I thought.

#15037 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m confused. Did you pay for it? If you did, that means it’s in stock and you’ll get it at some point.

No payment has been made by me but he placed an order with Stern.

#15038 1 year ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Good catch, I just looked recently and saw them I thought.

...and just like that, Maiden is back in line but no Stranger Things.

#15039 1 year ago

i mean, they didn't renew the license, right? stranger things is donezo at stern unless they vault it in twenty years for the reboot

#15040 1 year ago

i mean, they didn't renew the license, right? stranger things is donezo at stern unless they vault it in twenty years for the reboot

Who knows with Stern and Stern is going to tell you or me.

#15041 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

No payment has been made by me but he placed an order with Stern.

So they are in stock?

#15042 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So they are in stock?

You obviously have never tried to get a part from Stern?

It doesn't work that way. First you have to find a reseller who will order the part for you. Then they have to submit an order and depending on who is working at Stern that day, they may or may not find the part. Talk to Terry at Pinball Life about ordering parts from Stern, lol he will tell you all about it!

In my personal experience it is extremely hard to find someone at Stern who has any clue as to what is going on. It's just like that generic message posted up above, that's Stern's MO. I tried like hell to get a part from Stern, had a person who worked there even tell me they were showing it in stock. So I order it through a reseller, nope. Not in stock and that was after 3 or 4 weeks waiting to get an answer.

#15043 1 year ago

I’ve done it all the time.

Email my distro and say I need the part. They reply confirming that stern has it in stock with a price.

I say yay or nay and make the order/payment. Wait months for it to show up. Haha

Hence my question on if it’s in stock. If you made the order, you should already know if it’s in stock.

#15044 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve done it all the time.
Email my distro and say I need the part. They reply confirming that stern has it in stock with a price.
I say yay or nay and make the order/payment. Wait months for it to show up. Haha

Well then, don't order from Pinball Life then if you need parts from Stern.

#15045 1 year ago

I’ve only ordered parts through Trent at tilt. So that’s what my experience is based on.

#15046 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve only ordered parts through Trent at tilt. So that’s what my experience is based on.

I'll keep him in mind.

#15047 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'll keep him in mind.

It’s also only been for games I’ve purchased from him too. Haha

#15048 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s also only been for games I’ve purchased from him too. Haha

A warranty part is one thing, I am talking about getting a part in general.

I just got this reply from a source I will not mention about ordering a projector and it wasn't Pinball Life.

"...stern is odd with orders on parts like that."

#15049 1 year ago

Yes. I ordered parts. Paid money. Just saying, distros might deal differently with folks that are buying parts for games they purchased from said distro.

#15050 1 year ago

I’d love to get a projector for my Pro. There some discussion about this earlier but not sure what the conclusion was. Even if it’s not from Stern, just getting the parts that would work. I thought someone mentioned you need to read Chinese to go through menus on one of the parts. Not a problem if that’s the roadblock. I find it hard to believe that Stern did some engineering magic for this, so a DIY solution must be possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 301 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/301 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.