IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 448.
#101 4 years ago

Devo’s whip it needs to happen for the quarter run mode

#104 4 years ago

I’m going to join this thread because the negativity and arguing over nonsense is killing me in the big thread.

Has anyone seen the projector working in real life? I am already in on an LE, so I am just going to trust it will be awesome, but I can’t help but wonder about this one since it is so different. I picture ball shadows making me crazy unless they illuminate the drops and ramps from behind.

#105 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

I’m going to join this thread because the negativity and arguing over nonsense is killing me in the big thread.
Has anyone seen the projector working in real life? I am already in on an LE, so I am just going to trust it will be awesome, but I can’t help but wonder about this one since it is so different. I picture ball shadows making me crazy unless they illuminate the drops and ramps from behind.

I've been checking this thread more then the other cause i cant stand the non since by the same 5 pinside members all the time, its exhausting wading through that bull to try and find actual conversation about the machine. I don't have a game on order, just watching from afar because i love the theme and want to see how it develops.

From my understanding the projector is in the apron of the game, so yes you will get the ball interfering with it as it gets close to the targets and as it goes up ramps.

#106 4 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

In on a Pro! Thinking of using this remix somewhere and adding 80's music where appropriate

Yes please do so. I love your work on the Guardians.

#107 4 years ago

SDTM Greg, Zach, and Chuck are in the STh club!

#108 4 years ago

That’s how you know it’s good.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM Greg, Zach, and Chuck are in the STh club!

It’s a fan layout that doesn’t feel like a fan layout. Great take and the pro I played on location made me feel the same way.

#110 4 years ago

Got ours this afternoon (in the office) and had to bounce for the day. Looks like I'll be going in on tomorrow's holiday to unbox that thing and start playing

#111 4 years ago

Man, that other thread is a wreck. Didn't know this one existed until now, thank you Op!

Without publicly naming names, who has the best deal on the Pro? I want to get one next week and I'm curious what the going rate is? I've never paid tax before on a new machine and I'm worried I'll have to now. I'm really hoping to get away with "only" having to pay ~$5500-$5600.

Can't wait to officially be in the club!

#112 4 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

Man, that other thread is a wreck. Didn't know this one existed until now, thank you Op!
Without naming names, who has the best deal on the Pro? I want to get one next week and I'm curious what the going rate is? I've never paid tax before on a new machine and I'm worried I'll have to now. I'm really hoping to get away with "only" having to pay ~$5500-$5600.
Can't wait to officially be in the club!

For some reason this thread does not come up when you do a search. Only the other software thread. Not sure why.

I think your price range is about right. Dist can’t really publish prices. So a few phones calls should get you there

#113 4 years ago

Good. I was worried it was going to cross the $6000 line.

#114 4 years ago

Anybody got one near Northeastern NC? I don’t mind traveling a couple hours. I want to buy a pro but would like to play one first. Thank you in advance.

#115 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Anybody got one near Northeastern NC? I don’t mind traveling a couple hours. I want to buy a pro but would like to play one first. Thank you in advance.

Look up Flippers in Grandy. I bet they get one.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Look up Flippers in Grandy. I bet they get one.

Lol bet they don’t I play there every Monday night! Love that place.

#117 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Lol bet they don’t I play there every Monday night! Love that place.

They aren’t a stern army location? That’s surprising.

How far are you from Charlotte? Abari definitely has one.

#118 4 years ago

I’ve seen stern army banners and Dave was giving out stern army dog tags to weekly winners at one point, but that’s all I know about stern army?

#119 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’ve seen stern army banners and Dave was giving out stern army dog tags to weekly winners at one point, but that’s all I know about stern army?

Usually if you’re a stern army location you’re regularly putting the newest stern on the floor when they come out. Not always, but usually. Maybe flippers doesn’t buy that many new sterns I don’t know.

#120 4 years ago

Dave usually buys two copies of all the new sterns. A pro that we play at flippers until the premium comes out which stays at flippers and then he puts the pro on route.

#121 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Dave usually buys two copies of all the new sterns. A pro that we play at flippers until the premium comes out which stays at flippers and then he puts the pro on route.

So they are getting stranger things? Haha. Sorry now I’m confused.

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So they are getting stranger things? Haha. Sorry now I’m confused.

Lol sorry for the confusion, yes he is getting them I just have the next three days off and was wondering where I could go and play now. Don’t know why but I’m super excited for this game. I’m actually putting my baywatch at a friends house to make room for one. I just can’t wait and wanted to play before our machines arrive.

#123 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Lol sorry for the confusion, yes he is getting them I just have the next three days off and was wondering where I could go and play now. Don’t know why but I’m super excited for this game. I’m actually putting my baywatch at a friends house to make room for one. I just can’t wait and wanted to play before our machines arrive.

Then I’d make a trip to Abari. Assuming they have theirs already.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s how you know it’s good.

Chuck any idea why this thread does not come up on stranger things search? At least it does not for me when I search

#125 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Then I’d make a trip to Abari. Assuming they have theirs already.

Just mapquested Abari it’s 5.5 hours away don’t want to travel that far. Does anyone know of anything in Va. maybe Richmond or fredriksburg?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#126 4 years ago

I'm late to the party as I've been working my butt off more than I should. But I'm excited for this title. Anyone know when footage of the premium/LE will be released? I'm going to wait to try before I buy, but am heavily leaning towards a LE. Happy New Year everyone!

#127 4 years ago
Quoted from Orko:

I'm late to the party as I've been working my butt off more than I should. But I'm excited for this title. Anyone know when footage of the premium/LE will be released? I'm going to wait to try before I buy, but am heavily leaning towards a LE. Happy New Year everyone!

My wife wants the premium too but it seems to me that the projector shows the same thing that is being displayed on the lcd. So I’m going with the pro, pray for me for angering the queen lol.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Chuck any idea why this thread does not come up on stranger things search? At least it does not for me when I search

No idea. Ask robin.

#129 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

My wife wants the premium too but it seems to me that the projector shows the same thing that is being displayed on the lcd. So I’m going with the pro, pray for me for angering the queen lol.

lol and pray she doesn't read your posts!

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Chuck any idea why this thread does not come up on stranger things search?

Does for me.

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Not sure why you think that. In the video it’s definitely not the same thing displayed on the lcd and projector at the same time.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

The projector does so much more than just the center "drive in movie" screen.

The projector also shows some cool effects and even a Countdown (or total count?) number on some standup targets. Also the WILL stand-ups are animated and change what they vs static stickers.

The ramps have animation, along with a banner type small screen area above the left ramp

The center projector screen will show video clips but also show progress without having to look up. Example the mode on this screen shot, likely the morse code mode and more.

The projector effects and screens have the ability to make a huge difference on this game... ONLY if the images themselves don't look too washed out and if it looks good in person. So much to the fact it will look drastically different than the Pro in my opinion.

Look at the second screenshot, and you'll also see the main screen is showing a video clip and the center screen shows the mode progress.

And as an added bonus, this lifting ramp that launches the ball in air then the magnet "grabs it" while it's flying will probably be such a cool feature to watch in person.

Screenshot_20200101_102921.jpgScreenshot_20200101_102921.jpg
Screenshot_20200101_103610.jpgScreenshot_20200101_103610.jpg
Screenshot_20200101_104322.jpgScreenshot_20200101_104322.jpg

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The projector does so much more than just the center "drive in movie" screen.
The projector also shows some cool effects and even a Countdown (or total count?) number on some standup targets. Also the WILL stand-ups are animated and change what they vs static stickers.
The ramps have animation, along with a banner type small screen area above the left ramp
The center LCD will show video clips but also show progress without having to look up. Example the mode on this screen shot, likely the morse code mode and more.
The LCD effects and screens have the ability to make a huge difference on this game... ONLY if the images themselves don't look too washed out and if it looks good in person. So much to the fact it will look drastically different than the Pro in my opinion.
Look at the second screenshot, and you'll also see the main screen is showing a video clip and the center screen shows the mode progress.
And as an added bonus, this lifting ramp that launches the ball in air then the magnet "grabs it" while it's flying will probably be such a cool feature to watch in person.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m not saying all that stuff isn’t cool, but to me none of it enhances gameplay. I have a twd premium and love it, but the premium added the action button that changed the way I played the game. It doesn’t seem to me that STh doses that.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I’m not saying all that stuff isn’t cool, but to me none of it enhances gameplay. I have a twd premium and love it, but the premium added the action button that changed the way I played the game. It doesn’t seem to me that STh doses that.

Well we really won’t know what the game offers truly on any model for at least another 6 months.

Walker bombs were added to TWD like 2 years after it came out. Haha

#135 4 years ago

Thought I’d post on this stranger things thread since the other one has turned into a complete gravel road.

Just got done watching seasons one and two for the second time. I just don’t understand the hate for season two. I think it’s awesome from beginning to end.

Do any other fans of the show have any feedback on the dislike for season two?

In the meantime, can’t wait for the LE.
Fingers crossed for February!

#136 4 years ago

I can’t believe anyone has anything bad to say about any season. They are all incredible.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Sometimes its not about enhancing gameplay, but enhancing the visuals especially with a theme you really enjoy. Just adds to the immersion... And at the end of the day, it's not really much more money to get those upgrades which are first of their kind.

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Just mapquested Abari it’s 5.5 hours away don’t want to travel that far. Does anyone know of anything in Va. maybe Richmond or fredriksburg?

Kharris I'm in Fredericksburg and we got one for a location we are opening late Spring. Feel free to msg me. If you're willing to drive up I'm happy to let you play it.

#139 4 years ago

I got to 460mil this morning; just updated the code and the high score is gone....Ugh!!

Guess I'll just have to keep pressing start and to dig in more on this game; I'm loving it.

Is everyone keeping outlane posts set to high? I'm thinking of putting them in the middle, but not sure; ball times are fairly long for me now...Not sure if I've just been getting lucky with better play...Wanted to see what you guys were doing with them.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Thought I’d post on this stranger things thread since the other one has turned into a complete gravel road.
Just got done watching seasons one and two for the second time. I just don’t understand the hate for season two. I think it’s awesome from beginning to end.
Do any other fans of the show have any feedback on the dislike for season two?
In the meantime, can’t wait for the LE.
Fingers crossed for February!

I loved Season 2; and Season 3 and Season 1....People will bitch about everything...Some didn't like the intro of new characters in Season 2; I thought they pulled it off really well...It's a very engaging show. I barely watch tv anymore, and this is one show that demanded my attention from episode 1 when I started watching a few years back.

#141 4 years ago

P.S. I'm feeling like the Pro is going to be better than the Prem for the value. The argument of them not doing a ton of coding for the projector makes sense...We've had 2nd screens not really supported well, a la WWELE and SW.

I could see it being gimmicky; and then the telekenesis lock slowing things down a bit. TF Pro was quicker than TF LE with that upper right hand mini game thingy that sucked the flow out of the game...I feel like the lock works really well on the pro here; this game has incredible flow.

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

kharris I'm in Fredericksburg and we got one for a location we are opening late Spring. Feel free to msg me. If you're willing to drive up I'm happy to let you play it.

Pm sent thank you

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

P.S. I'm feeling like the Pro is going to be better than the Prem for the value. The argument of them not doing a ton of coding for the projector makes sense...We've had 2nd screens not really supported well, a la WWELE and SW.
I could see it being gimmicky; and then the telekenesis lock slowing things down a bit.

This is exactly my thought as well.

#144 4 years ago

I don’t see Stern shortchanging the projector coding

I think it’s gonna be epic. They have hired significantly more production talent the last few years to make it happen

The pro looks really good and plays fast but this is gonna be a premium Le game

I predict expectations will be exceeded

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think it’s gonna be epic. They have hired significantly more production talent the last few years to make it happen

I feel the same way and I hope I don't get my hopes up. Leaning really strongly towards the premium.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree 100% but we'll see

One thing is for sure, you Pro & Prem guys absolutely need to buy Invisiglass/glare-free HD glass because the game is so dark. If you've never see the difference yourself, it's massive. I can never have a machine without it. TWD is such a dark game, it made a massive improvement so I expect the same with this machine.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This is my hope! There will be a Pro on location nearby, but I want to want a Premium.

I’m not worried about the projector tech. But if they half-ass the code I’ll pass and just play on location. C’mon Stern, make it epic!

#148 4 years ago

Anyone have any experience with a shaker on the Stranger Things Pro??

#149 4 years ago

I’m in on a LE. Thanks Tommy! Any Premium/LE videos out there? Can’t seem to see any.

#150 4 years ago

Thank you for this thread. The other one is a cesspool. Reading it can turn the nicest person into a troll.

In on a LE from day one ☝️

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.