IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

3,598 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 15.
#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

There is no adjustment for focus is there?

It’s on the projector. See the post up top in the key posts.

#1377 4 years ago

Going live with my LE at noon eastern. Let’s see if mines playing better after a week of fiddling.

www.twitch.tv/SDTMpinball

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Any advice for hitting the right ramp? I brick it almost every time, only hitting it due to shear luck. If the answer is "just keep playing till you get it" that is acceptable, just figured I would ask. I cant hit that son of a bitch to save my life, which is funny because I can literally hit the demo now 80-90 percent of the time.

Try to really concentrate on the spot on the flipper the ball needs to be to make the shot. I struggle with it too but don’t look up after flipping. Keep your eye on the flipper until you’re get the shot down.

#1388 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead86:

I just double checked and no Mylar. I have Mylar at the bottom of both rams but not the Demogorgon ramp

There should be Mylar there. Contact stern immediately.

#1390 4 years ago

I wouldn’t play again until you get Mylar there. Sucks this happened but shouldn’t get worse after Mylar is applied.

#1392 4 years ago

Good idea! Thanks for sharing.

#1398 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Which is better? Flipper fidelity or pinwoofer? I’ve seen the pinwoofer installs and it seems like there’s a lot of hardware and wiring in there making it look kind of “cluttered” for lack of better words. I like a “clean” look In my cabinet.

The main difference is fidelity is just upgraded speakers i believe. no extra amplification. If you want the added amplifiers I’d go Pinwoofer. If you want upgraded speakers I’d just buy off the shelf aftermarket ones like JBL or another good speaker brand.

#1399 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My problem? Those damn white projection pieces keep falling off my standup targets when I hit them. Pisses me off because I have to stop playing, take off the glass, put 3M double-sided tape on them, and reapply.

I had this happen in the first 50 games or so too. I didn’t reapply the same ones.

I got in the goody bag and used the extras in there. I cleaned the targets with alcohol first, then applied the spares. Haven’t had them fall off since.

#1406 4 years ago

Yeah I agree. That’s why I used alcohol before replacing.

#1413 4 years ago

2x playfield is via the burn it back loop to the right of the drops. Hit it enough and it will light the saucer to start 2x playfield. Not sure how many burn it backs. Maybe 5-6

#1416 4 years ago

I won’t be able to do that until the code is complete. So remind me in a year. Haha

#1419 4 years ago

There’s a hex post under the front edge of the toy. He removed that I believe.

#1422 4 years ago

Okay I’m in the confused camp now too. Are you saying to bend the pedal out of the way and hold it for a while and it will stay that way so it doesn’t block the ball?

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Any guesses on what it could be?

It’s a secret.

Well I guess it’s a secret until Wednesday. Haha

#1445 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Was that because you didn’t tighten it right down perhaps?

Thais is the only thing I can think of. Not sure what else could’ve happened.

Right flipper power is at 250. Stock/max is 255.

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Could someone still repost these? Did you get the info somewhere?

Every game is different. Make sure the interlock switch is pulled out when you go to the projector test in diagnostics. It should project green blocks on all the screens so you can easily adjust each one. Should also say focus really big on the main screen so you can adjust the focus and the position of that image.

#1454 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I'm really surprised nobody is talking about the game code. I thought this game was going to be deep with like 20 modes? All I hear about it one multiball and a couple of passing comments. Is the game fun to play? I have yet to find one locally to try.

Code is early still. Not much to talk about.

12 show modes - all there.
3 demo dog modes - they are there but very basic coding
5 demogorgon modes - codes decently well, but needs polish and damage kills and more fanfare( 3 of the 5 are MBs)
Telekinesis MB
2 total isolation mini wizard modes that are currently coded and are pretty damn fun and high scoring.
2 mini wizards for completing each seasons 6 modes (not coded at all)
Final wizard mode (not coded at all)

I count 26 modes in total that are clearly in the code one way or another.

Maybe more modes on the way, but they aren’t currently in the code that I can tell

#1459 4 years ago

I’ve had my game register a lock when it’s nowhere near either set of left ramp optos.

So not sure it’s only related to those optos.

But, on the LE if the ramp diverter rejects the ball it will register a left orbit shot. Haha

#1468 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Projector was hopelessly out of focus and fiddling with the mapping is a right fucktardery when you need to hold the interlock while navigating. I left the bracket for the focus wheel off.

Pull the interlock switch out. No need to hold it in.

#1471 4 years ago

Boob. Try to put your saucer eject power down a few numbers. That may help.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Oh...and the other thing that's driving me nuts is when I calibrate the projector so the green blocks are lined up, the Jackpot ramp projections don't sit right. So I'm guessing the green blocks aren't really calibrated right with the programmed projections. And the REAL bitch is the "down" arrows on each side of the main screen during certain modes. They're not evenly spaced on each side, but if I move it over, I wind up with a black bar on one side. That's pretty annoying.

Did you see how you can adjust the screens individually? So the main screen is one adjustment, then once you have that you can move to the spinner, then left most standup, etc.

#1495 4 years ago

UV kit looks amazing! It was exactly what I wanted when picturing the Upside down being depicted. Stinks we have to pay for it, but at least it exists. Cannot wait to see it in person!

#1500 4 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

I totally get why people would be angry to pay for the kit, but I have to say this game has amazing atmosphere, at least from what I can tell on streams.

They nailed it from a sound standpoint, and this kit will only push that atmosphere to the next level.

#1502 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

So was this the secret "feature" that was teased?

The hidden Uv ink all over the game.

#1525 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

When can we download the new code ?

Sterns website. It’s not live yet.

#1544 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Sorry I'm late to respond to this (after all the UV stuff, which I think is really cool). Yeah...I did adjust it individually. But what I'm saying is even when I have all the green blocks lined up, when I play a game, the animated arrows and Jackpot up the ramps aren't aligned properly (nor are the billboards aligned properly). Only the targets are good. It's a pain in the ass.

Okay. The only one I noticed doing that was the right ramp. Everything else seemed to line up right. Maybe the new code cleans that up.

#1547 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

no new call outs on the new code??

You tell us. Have you installed it? I won’t have time to check this out until later tonight. Readme file is never all inclusive.

#1548 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Did they fix that nasty Burn It Back/Multiball bug? I was having my first great game last night (at 130 million and counting) and the damn game rebooted on me.

Don’t seem mention of those bugs in the readme, but could’ve been fixed. Only one way to find out!

#1553 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Still not sure about the Burn It Back reboot bug (please advise, chuckwurt ).

I’ve only ever seen the game crash during the turn up the heat mode. When does it happen for you? After hitting a bunch of burn it back loops in MB?

#1554 4 years ago

Yeah I’m not happy about paying for the UV kit either. Just happy it exists. Shows the team of stern doing some awesome things even if the higher ups required it to be paid for. Rather that than have it scrapped completely.

#1560 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Right...it was during Turn Up The Heat doing a bunch of loops. I named the mode wrong. Oops. If it's not fixed somebody has to file a big report. That's a whopper.

Ahh gotcha. Well I’ll keep an eye on it. I’ve already reported it so hopefully it’s fixed in this update.

#1564 4 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I haven't spoken up much because I am yet to get my game but I bought the kit without a second thought. Game changer. Literally. So excited my skin is crawling!!!

No I think that’s just the Mind Flayer inside you. Good luck!

#1565 4 years ago

Where’s barb is my least favorite mode in the game. However with the new code the question marks floating all over the game is awesome. I’m okay with playing that mode now. Haha

#1586 4 years ago

None of us in here are saying that. Just wish we didn’t have to pay for this awesome feature. What’s wrong with that?

#1590 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I hate to sound like an idiot but I think this is my first spike code update...same procedure? download to usb? turn on game? anything else?

Nope. That’s it!

#1593 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

I think Kman made a good point: wondering if you can just ask them to have UV kit installed when you order it, and pay the money for it. If Stern won't do that, it's stupid.

This is a horrible point if he knew anything about large scale manufacturing. It would be way too cost prohibitive for stern to offer customization.

Fellow LE owners:

I was messing with the new projector settings and wondered if everyone’s right ramp projection is blocked on the left 1/3 of the ramp. I’m thinking my projector needs repositioning.

#1595 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

You are right. It should just all be installed on all the machines.

Much better idea. Haha. Totally agree.

#1605 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

What was it at before? Mines currently at 6.5 at the flippers and it's quite tough. Thinking about backing it down to 6.3 which is where I had it for a long while. I just wish it didn't hit the left sling every single time coming out of the mystery shot. Would probably have to be close to 7 degrees to have that not hit.

I don’t think it’s a pitch issue. Mines been at 6.0,6.5, and not 7.0. Never hit the sling once.

Try adjusting the ball guide over there to tray and send the ball more towards the middle of the playfield.

#1608 4 years ago

hmm, ok I'll take a look at that as well. I can sometimes nudge the machine and get it to miss but it's not cleanly coming out of the mystery and riding along the guide. Makes two bounces along the guide then lands on the left sling. Maybe I need to have a little left lean in it as well

Closely watch what the post is doing when it releases the ball too. That might tell you something as well.

#1609 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It was like 5° before I actually dialed it in. Seems very hard to play now. Just incredibly fast

5 degrees is nuts. Haha. I’m sure it’s crazy fast now comparably.

#1612 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

On the lane guides, are your machines on the right middle orbit behind the the small target on the left side of the right ramp?

Yes. Should feed the left flipper when it hits off the back of the target.

#1616 4 years ago

I was just watching the twitch stream from yesterday and mine is doing exactly what that machine was doing. maybe 8 out of 10 times it hits the sling.

Mine does it zero out of 10 times. Just needs some tweaking.

#1625 4 years ago

Okay cool. Glad that it’s feeding better. That’s an annoying one for sure.

Scoring is lower in the upside down for sure. Haven’t seen much else but only played a few times on new code.

#1628 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I played stranger things for the first time last night and the ball kept getting stuck in the area between the left ramp and the projector. Is this common, or does the machine just need tweaking?

Yep the one way gate to the left of the demo needs tweaking and the one way gate that goes to the mystery target is the same one that JP uses for the raptor pit. Slow rollers can get caught there.

#1632 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Can anyone here tell me how this one way gate is supposed to be oriented correctly here. I finally was able to gain access to it, but for the life of me can’t figure out which way it’s supposed to go in here.[quoted image]

Flip it around. At least that’s how mine is. Hook shaped side towards the flippers. Straight side pointing towards the mystery target.

#1633 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Stern Pinball Stranger Things UV Lighting Kit
- Custom interactive code will activate lighting during dramatic events and experiences throughout game play, immersing players into the Stranger Things universe
- Available in Pro Version (item # 502-7118-Q1) and Premium/LE Version (item # 502-7118-Q2)
Kit contains: New bottom arch w/LEDs installed, 8 new butyrates/plastics w/UV reactive ink, ramp LED boards mounted on install brackets, and fasteners
Pricing: $279 (Purchase directly from Stern Pinball shop.sternpinball.com or from your authorized dealer/distributor)
***Picture shown below is the Pro Version Kit with plastic arch. The Prem/LE Kit includes a powdercoated steel arch
[quoted image]

Does the premium kit fit on the pro? Could be a way for pro owners to update to a metal apron.

#1636 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Isn't the mounting spots and hardware different between the two? Regardless I'm sure it can work with the right hardware. Also sldnt the pro kit be slightly cheaper (25-40) bc it uses the plastic non powder coated aprons?

I think the mounting points and plastics are all the same.

#1640 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Not 100% sure but I think the aprons are mounted different, especially now that the Prem/LE has projector mounting on it

Projector is under the apron but attached to the playfield. But now that you mention it, the metal apron has posts in the front that go through the playfield. The pro playfields might not be able to accept that.

#1641 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I thought the plastic ones use posts under where the apron cards are and the metal lock in with tabs and screws on the playfield supports. At least they use too

I think you’re right. They mount differently.

#1644 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

This doesn’t seem right ?[quoted image]

The right side has to go through and the hook curls around the back of the bracket to help it not swing too much.

#1651 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Funny, I dropped the other thread and joined this one to avoid all of the infighting and bitching.
(In reference to the two pages of UV debate)

Welcome!

#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I converted my plastic pro to metal from pinball life.
Had to add the two small front plate brackets.
I'm wondering if I do get the kit which one now?
Also just got home and fitted some more custom mods up.
Magnetic apron cover and backboard decal , Eleven plastic and Demo busting out of wall. Need to work on lighting options next.
https://youtube/epDcx0qI918
att=5470346,1889229 caption=""][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You might be interested in the pinstadium version of this lighting. I’m hoping to see what he has cooked up this weekend.

#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I bet it’ll cost like $200

Wanna bet?

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

I'll bet it doesn't include the apron, the extra plastics, and the metal mounting brackets that are made for the ramps.

You’re right!

#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

2. I CANNOT keep my projector to maintain focus. It seems that little heel to adjust it keeps moving itself or something. I'll get in there get it focused and within 5 or some games it is out of focus again. It seems to be moving or adjusting as I play the game. No idea how I could make this stop. Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?

I ended up taking the door off the focus wheel and it’s been fine. Every time I tried to put that door back on it would adjust the focus a bit.

#1669 4 years ago

That’s a good point too. Watch closely when that ball releases from that post. Mines pretty crisp so I think it helps speed up the ball coming down the guide to help keep it away from the sling.

#1671 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Good point, maybe that door/cushion thing keeps adjusting it, always a pain getting it right initially but maybe leaving it off will help.

I'll try and see, did you adjust any settings related to it to make that happen?

Nope. My orbit feeds have been money from day one actually.

Also with me taking the door off the focus wheel of the projector I just noticed it’s out of adjustment again. Haha. Dammit. I’ll have to mess with it some more and report back.

#1676 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I don't agree with the way Stern have marketed the UV stuff.
But, I would rather pay Stern for all the kit needed to go with the game, that has been made specifically for the game, than expensive pinstadiums!
This hobby is just bonkers

What if the pinstadium option is half the price? I’m getting the stern kit, but options are good.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, it isn't factory, isn't covered by Stern warranty if it does anything to game, and won't have plastics or apron.
I just can't see why anyone would go with this option?

Not sure. But different strokes for different folks. LOTS of people have complained about the price of this kit. So if they are presented with another way cheaper option they may be interested. I’ll be able to experience both so I’ll make sure and report my findings so people can decide for themselves.

#1685 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I don’t like how you can see those leds along the ramps. It’s not clear to me exactly when the uv lights activate, is it just during upside down mode?

Inside down hurry ups (on the whole time)
Demo modes (flasher effects)
All the show modes that are in the upside down have these always on.

That’s it I think.

As others have mentioned the up controls are on mode board 9. Tap into that for DIY stuff.

#1690 4 years ago

So to reach back out about the projector. Since putting the door back over the focus wheel tends to move it a bit, adjust the wheel so the picture is a tad blurry so that when the door is put back on it adjusts it slightly and makes the picture crisp. Took me a couple tries and I got it. The door keeps the wheel in place so once you get it, should be good to go.

#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I had the opposite effect unfortunately. I have twice gone in to focus it, got the cover plate back on without losing that focus then I would say within 10 games it was out of focus again.

Did you mess with it shortly after the game turned on? Apparently it needs to warm up. So let it sit for 10 mins after it’s on, adjust, then see if that improves things. Been playing for a couple hours and it’s still okay.

#1693 4 years ago

How can I post a pdf here?

#1710 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

But pinstadium sets are around 260 bucks.

The uv kits he’s making for this game will be much less than that. Then there’s the coin taker option that’s $99.

#1712 4 years ago

Like I said options are always good. I got the kit and I’ll see what Scott as cooked up tomorrow. I’ll provide as much info as I can.

#1716 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

My distributor is handling the replacement. But I was told they’re on back order ATM. hmm. I wonder why?

Haha. These seemed to have close to a 100% failure rate on the first run of games. Luckily by the time the LEs shipped they were updated.

#1717 4 years ago

Chas sent me this checklist for dialing in the ramp diverter and magnet. Let's mark this as a key post so others can access it easily. Click the image to see the full PDF. BEFORE MAKING ANY ADJUSTMENTS TO THIS MECH, PUT YOUR FLIPPER POWER TO STOCK - 255.

*** update Jan 2021. Also. Stern has an updated left ramp cover that is adjustable. This may help you dial in the shot further. Get with your distro and stern to get it sent to you. ***

Here are the PDF instructions for the new left ramp cover. Please look at them closely. It allows you to further dial the shot in. Highly recommended.

***** PLEASE READ THIS WHOLE POST. ALL OF THESE ADJUSTMENTS NEED TO BE CONSIDERED****

Left ramp cover instructions.pdfLeft ramp cover instructions.pdf

TK Lock Adjustments Q4 2020.pdfTK Lock Adjustments Q4 2020.pdf

The pdf adjustments should get yours working 100% or extremely close. Some things to do that aren’t on there:

Completely remove the snug plate screw mentioned in the pdf towards the end. Unscrew all the screws that hold on the entrance half of the left ramp (including the ramp flap screws in the playfield). Push the ramp towards the player as much as possible and then put the ramp flap screws back and and all other ramp screws.

*** VERY IMPORTANT - also try and put a small shim between the ramp that runs along the back wall, and the back wall. This will push the ramp away from the wall more. It is recommended to do this directly below elevens head or underneath where the magnet is, or both. *****

If done correctly, your ramp diverter arm should sit in the cutout of the ramp just like this:

IMG_2840 (resized).jpgIMG_2840 (resized).jpg

Be absolutely certain (with a tiny ruler or tape measure) that the diverter arm is about 12-13/16” of an inch from the back wall when engaged (don’t move the arm with you finger, push the coil plunger in from the back of the game) after you do this correctly your mech behind the backboard should look like this (note where the bracket screws are and the spacing of the bracket holes):

IMG_2859 (resized).jpgIMG_2859 (resized).jpg

IMG_2864 (resized).jpgIMG_2864 (resized).jpg

IMG_2837 (resized).jpgIMG_2837 (resized).jpg

Make sure the arm end is 2” or less above the floor of the ramp (I’ve found it works best if it’s a tad lower than 2”). Again be absolutely certain this is exactly right.

IMG_2838 (resized).jpgIMG_2838 (resized).jpg

If either of those adjustments are a hair off it will cause the lock performance to suffer. See below for a couple more pictures to "make yours like mine"

Make sure when the ball is on the diverter and going up it, it is riding the top of the diverter and not touching the metal guide welded to the outside of the diverter rod (again test this by actuating the diverter with the coil plunger behind the back wall):

IMG_2856 (resized).jpgIMG_2856 (resized).jpg

Also, when the diverter is engaged, the ball should not touch it until this point (see pic below) after it makes the turn in the ramp:

83024880-C65E-4579-9CED-92DB374519B8 (resized).jpeg83024880-C65E-4579-9CED-92DB374519B8 (resized).jpeg

If you get rejects, it is from the diverter pinching the ball, which means you have the mech adjusted so that the diverter closes too much. Go back and redo the mech adjustments until yours looks like mine.

I have completely dialed mine in with no additional fixes from Stern.

Make these adjustments right and it should be good. Add the flipper coil fans that Vireland is making to ensure the performance of your flipper is consistent for long periods of play.

After all that you should have 99-100% locks

#1719 4 years ago

Key for me has been big total isolation modes. Can get 200-300 million from that mode alone.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Now that this game is getting more popular where them mods at lol

Mezel and Ler have entire threads with their mods in there. I’d say at least 10-20 between the two.

#1723 4 years ago

Looking for more 3D innovation. A lot of mods aren’t exactly specific to the theme. I will say the plastic protectors in pink is an absolute must

Ler has a dig dug mode, arcade sign, and xmas lights sign

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-thread#post-5461078

Mezel has the following

Starcourt Mall sign
Arcade sign (spinning)
Castle Byers fort
Hawkins lab building facade (Pro)
Leaving Hawkins sign
Hawkins National Lab sign
Hazmat gear dome cover
Demogorgon bat
Backboard lighting
Plastic protectors
Playfield and shooter lane protector

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-mod-development-thread-by-mezelmods

#1731 4 years ago

Has the second demo dog mode always been 2 shots and done? Seemed really easy considering there are only 4 of those modes.

Yes. They need to do more with the second demo dog mode for sure. And there are only three of the demo dog modes.

#1735 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I think Lermods has the spinning arcarde sign right?
It's sitting in my checkout basket

Yep. Mezel does too. I’m going with that one because theirs is lighted from the inside.

#1739 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

This is gold. I was about 70% on mine as I had done the one adjustment already. But my guide was WAY too high at 2 1/4”!! Bent it down to 2” and now that magnet lock is butter.

3C96A905-2DD5-4DB2-9D5B-DBBA30B01B61.gif3C96A905-2DD5-4DB2-9D5B-DBBA30B01B61.gif
#1742 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Can someone that this works for record a slow-mo video. Mine never does and I can't seem to find any reason or adjustment to change it, comes out of the post lock there bounces off the orbit and hits the sling 9 out of 10 times. I'm at a loss how to change that I don't see any coil setting for the post and not sure how or why it would matter anyway.

No adjustment for the post’s power.

#1743 4 years ago

Wen through the checklist from stern for the diverter and the ramp positioning and I’m getting great results. Hopefully they work long term. I’m 4/5 on the lock shots. Still rocking the elastic band hack on the demo, I don’t really feel like tearing that apart since I’m not for sure whatever I’ll do will work.

Now to play test a bunch. Hopefully I finally got this dialed.

Also, I was having sloppy feeds to my right flipper from the right ramp return so I added a piece of beer seal to the stock grommet at the end of the ramp. Much smoother feeds now.

24E7CA62-1A9E-4D2A-9F77-01AFEE2EFD65 (resized).jpeg24E7CA62-1A9E-4D2A-9F77-01AFEE2EFD65 (resized).jpeg
#1745 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

So annoying, mine never works, no idea a solution. It feeds perfect off the left flipper from the burn orbit just never from that release on the left

Try adjusting the guide. That’s my only idea.

#1748 4 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I tried, beyond bending it super far I don't see it mattering. Again the burn it back orbit shot feeds to the left flipper perfect so if I tweak it too much then that shot is probably going to go STDM. I contacted Stern support for any other ideas, I'm at a loss.
I'm not the only one seeing this am I, seems others said theirs does the same?

Correct. Others have this issue as well.

#1750 4 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

So LE owners, what do you think of UV kit?
Won't it be more immersive with Premium? Side art does not change color if I'm not mistaken.

No one has seen it in person yet. My guess is the experience will be the same between the premium and the LE unless a mod maker makes UV reactive side blades that may or may not work very well with the kit.

#1753 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Any word on the pinstadium UV kit details yet?

He’s bringing it over tonight and I’ll have more info then.

#1774 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

And that is odd in my book. I saw those PS sets for other machines and they sell for 279 dollar minimum. Even that Munsters baby set sells for 159 bucks. And now they will deliver a set for 99 dollars? I can't imagine that this is true.
On the other hand Stern is delivering a complete set with new plastics, apron, controller, led strips mounted on metal brackets.
Way too expensive of course but the set includes all the needed parts. Me like it a lot and I ordered a set for my machine last weekend.

Re read my post. I never said the price of the PS version. I don’t know what it will cost. But if I had to guess they will be in between the CT and Stern options for the UV only kit.

Coin taker has a version for $99.

I fully understand why you want the stern kit and why you think it’s the best one. That might not be the case for everyone.

#1779 4 years ago

Scott from pinstadium came over last night and he tried out his UV only kit on the game. As you can imagine it was a full playfield coverage in UV light. With his being on the outside, it also hits the ramps and gives them a glow too. The uv art on the playfield is so cool.

He tried to tap into sterns uv controls in the game, but only got the flashing control to work with his.

Once I get my stern kit he should be able to figure the other half out. I’ll keep everyone posted on how this compares to the stern kit once I can see both and compare.

BC6F2A27-321C-49A0-9D0A-B8A4CC53C38B (resized).jpegBC6F2A27-321C-49A0-9D0A-B8A4CC53C38B (resized).jpeg
#1783 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Thanks chuckwurt, among others just looking for the best UV light option available. Not necessarily the full package w/ the plastic set, but overall playfield light coverage.

I think from that standpoint there might be some that prefer the PS setup instead. Just gimme the feature and cover the whole playfield. Now there also the CON of having to remove the PS lights each time you raise the playfield, so that’s another factor to consider.

I think some are getting their UV kits from stern this week. Hopefully mine is not far behind.

#1787 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Curious if you noticed any UV ink on the LE side art? Hard to tell if it is there in this picture.

Nope. None that I noticed.

#1789 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

That doesn't look very much like the Stern UV lighting. What wavelength are the LEDs in the pinstadium kit? That doesn't look like it's triggering the reactive stuff.. where's the white reaction in the art?

Yeah it’s not showing well over picture. It was completely obvious and visible in person. My picture was mainly to show how it covers the entire playfield.

#1791 4 years ago

Yep. I agree. Hence why I went with sterns kit.

#1795 4 years ago

My magnet lock diverter came out of alignment once again. So last night when adjusting back, I put blue lock tite on all 4 screws in the coil plate on the backboard. Fingers crossed this is the last time. Haha

#1800 4 years ago

I’m going to have some time to play tonight. Gonna see if I can blow it up. Note to self. Tread lightly in season 2 modes. I think there’s something up with that mode ladder.

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Recipe to blow game up..
Hit lock targets, start Telekenesis MB... get supers... get as many supers as possible... Get those 2x supers... get those inlane rollovers for bonus x boost..
Then just watch bonus carry your score for the rest of the game.

Bonus nerfed in new code. Total isolation and demo mode 2 are the jam now.

#1805 4 years ago

I’ll take it! Man that second demo mode is sweet if you can get super jackpots going.

Also had 2x scoring during demo mode III and got 40mm per kill.

67013EFD-EE57-4B25-8153-08E8C36EBCEB (resized).jpeg67013EFD-EE57-4B25-8153-08E8C36EBCEB (resized).jpeg
#1807 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

How do you get supers in the second demogorgon mode?

Get two demo kills, then the ramp goes up and all shots are lit for jackpots. Make all of them, the ramp comes back down for super jackpots. Each one is worth 30-40 million each. If you make two of those the ramp goes back up for more jackpots.

Great mode. Simple, but satisfying.

#1813 4 years ago

Yeah I’m loving it too now that I have it just about dialed you where I think it’s tough but fair in all respects.

This game gives out extra balls on a regular basis though. I never thought I’d approach the max extra balls of 5 (always thought that default setting was hilarious), but I just had a game where my 4th one was lit when I drained out. You got one from burn it back loops, as well as it seems to award them for every so many modes.

#1816 4 years ago

Nope. Mines stock except I reduced the sling power a bit and bumped the initial ball save to 10 seconds.

#1820 4 years ago

Wonder if anyone else is seeing this issue. I'm not sure if this is due to the new software or not. On friday was the first time this happened and then it happened today as well.
I went to turn on the machine and when I flicked the power button all I heard was four or five clicks of the power supply in the backbox near the switch and then nothing. No lights in the back box and no more sounds. Tried four or five more times with the same issue. On Friday I opened up the coin door to get to the back box and when I got it all opened up to see if there were any error lights flashing on the boards the machine booted up normally when I turned the switch on. In diagnostics no technician alerts or anything. Today when it happened I just opened and closed the coin door and then the machine booted up fine. I've sent the info to Stern but wondering if anyone else has seen this.
I have not heard back from Stern yet on the demogorgon metal in the mouth issue I attached a picture of. I did take the glass off today and you cannot move the demogorgon on the bracket so it did not slip at all. It's on there firmly just looks out of alignment. I noticed I have an even better picture of it from when I had the demo out of the machine.
I'm a really technical guy and I love tinkering as much as the next person but I am getting really frustrated with this machine.
[quoted image]

Looked at my demo and it looks just like this. What issue are you having?

#1831 4 years ago

It's just constant issues. I have posted numerous videos and pictures in this thread. First they find that my ramp was built wrong so they order a replacement but it's back ordered still. Then I show in my video to them, and here, that my demogorgon is sticking and not moving freely. I took the whole thing apart and re assembled and the sticking issue is now gone but the shot is still impossible. I might have fixed it when I straightened the demogorgon base which appears to have been bent when I got it. I have a new one that they just sent me I'll install when the ramp arrives cause no one is paying for my time to do all these repairs. Now I'm not so sure about the demogorgon sitting on the metal bracket. Looking at Stern's own marketing pictures what I have does not look right at all. I just want confirmation from stern that what I am looking at is ok or not with that. To me it looks like about 5mm of an already tight shot removed from the edges on the side the left flipper is favoring..
Now let's add in the number of hours I worked with them troubleshooting the left ramp lock issue which was fixed in this latest patch and turned out to be software (thankfully) but now my stupid machine won't turn on 2 out of 4 days I've gone to turn it on.
I can go on but it's all documented here and in a 40+ long email chain with stern. Frustrated to no end

Sorry I’m just talking about the metal showing in the mouth. Mine looks the same and I had no issues making the shot once I had the demo leaning forward more.

#1842 4 years ago

I’m at 7 (bubble right at the top line), and my demo is fine when leaving forward and lock shot is great as long as my adjustment doesn’t slip.

#1845 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Did you adjust your demo at all?
Easy way to get him to sit forward with out taking completely apart?
Sorry, I know there is plenty written on this.
Thanks.

The elastic band trick worked for me. I bought a roll of it off amazon and cut to length and wrapped it around the back of the demo like someone else posted on here.

Permanent solution most likely involves taking it apart. I haven’t done that yet as I haven’t seen a fix yet that way.

#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I got my shirt today from Stern...
...and no UV kit.
Bastards.
I blame Dr-Willy

I knew you weren’t special.

#1856 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

One of my GI bulbs keep blinking off and on. Will come back on if I tap it with my finger. Unfortunately , it’s the bulb that’s right above the right flipper mech. I’ve
Never taken one apart before. Is there a guide somewhere for modern sterns to take apart the flipper mech? I need to make sure that bulb is seated correctly. It’s the ball return lane on the right side.

You should be able to inspect it from the top. Take the lane guide off.

Unfortunately this is very common on modern sterns.

#1859 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Yes I was able to take the protector off and inspected it. That’s why I was saying it will come back on if I push down on it. I need to get underneath it to see if it needs re-seating or what’s going on. Looks like a pain to get under there

You should be able to take the bulb out from up top. Push down and twist a half turn.

#1860 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Had the game reset on me today. At the end of my last ball. First time in 300 plays. Hope it's the last time.

Won’t be until they update the code. Haha. Apparently it’s most common with season 2 modes and if you’re hitting lots of stuff in the mode right away. Sometimes does it while draining in the mode too.

#1863 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Oh sweet!! I will try that. Maybe it just needs to be twisted into place a little more. Maybe it got shook loose somehow

Like I said. Common on these newer sterns. The socket might be shitty and need replaced.

#1865 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Well As I was trying to remove the bulb, I accidentally removed the top part and it broke. So now I need a replacement bulb. Where do I order replacement bulbs? I broke the violet colored one.

Comet pinball has exactly what you need. If you’re confused on what you get, email them what game you have and what color you need. They can help. I’d buy extras too.

#1867 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Never mind. I found it on comet pinball. I got the purple. Hope that’s equivalent to violet. That’s what stern listed in the manual. Should be close enough? And i did buy extras. Lol.

Not sure. You’ll find out soon enough. They ship fast.

#1870 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

When spell of protection is lit should the ball be saved on the left out lane?

Yep.

#1871 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Anyone get quarter hunt yet?

Yep. Lots of times.

#1879 4 years ago

I drained multiple times last night with bug super jackpot collects ready during total isolation. Ugh.

Love how you can light the super and collect it or press your luck and clear the rest of the jackpots, thus increasing the SJP to max value and collect then.

The sound effects are great too as you add more JPs to the SJP collect.

#1881 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Tilt Forums needs to be updated for all of these quirks and rules. I more advanced code would help too...patience....

Yeah I’m going to wait another few months before I update that. Code is still too new. Don’t want to have to change it all the time. Scoring in the modes seems all over the place too and hard to follow.

#1886 4 years ago

I’ll take big fixes. Haha

#1889 4 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Just received my LE #414. How do I go about adjusting the projector? Is it a manual Adjustment or in the menu electronic adjustment? It is off the screens about 1/4” to one side

That is in the menus. Diagnostics, then ST feature diagnostics, then select projector test.

Focus is manual and is on the side of the projector itself.

Please note. The projector takes 5-10 mins to warm up so if it looks out of focus, give it some time to warm up first before you go adjusting it.

#1899 4 years ago
Quoted from CyberNinja24:

Wow that would be awesome if the projector looked like that!

It does in a dark room. Haha.

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Is it ok to keep my machine on overnight ?

Yep. I do it on accident all the time. Haha

#1907 4 years ago

Mines smooth. Comes out of the ramp exit to the flipper slips sometimes, but smooth other than that.

#1909 4 years ago

Yeah I’m seeing this too. Demo modes and total isolation. Got over 200mm on total isolation the other night. Some modes are decent points, but like 20-30mm tops and that’s only for a couple of them. Maybe they will work on the mode scoring in future updates.

Looking forward to the game not crashing!

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Finally got my replacement ball lock plunger for my pro this morning straight from stern. I’m not going to change it out until the original one pops out on me again, though. I’m trying to get some high scores right now. And I just bought a table cart to move my pins around from harbor freight. It works, but I have to take off the Handle in order to get it in far enough to lift my machines. Any advice or mods for this ?

Search the forum topics for modified harbor freight carts. Tons of info here on that.

#1917 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am thinking about getting a premium. I played the LE and enjoyed it. I am also a fan of the idea of an AFM like game with deeper code. One question I have, is there a purpose or will there be a purpose to the kickout on the left side of the machine? The kickout where it shoots to the drop targets. I didn’t see a purpose at all to it.
Thanks

Super skill shot
Super jackpot
Start of 2x playfield
Used for mode shots
It should only nick the right target. If that target is down it should send the ball around the burn it back loop.

#1922 4 years ago

Got lucky on mine and it was fine stock. It has a power adjustment. The harder it fires the more into the drops it will go. Try lowering the power from 16 to 13 and see what that does.

#1923 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Anyone else notice this in the new code?[quoted image]

Me likey

#1926 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Anyone get their UV kit yet ? Just ordered mine. Curious for an ETA

Stern site says early to mid March.

#1928 4 years ago

Mine either goes all the way around or stops short and you get a two for one on the burn it back.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/549391346

Plenty of examples here.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

In unrelated news, I still hate the right orbit. Even after trying to adjust it, the ball still rattles around, and the orbit still feeds the ball either SDTM or into the top of the right sling...and SDTM. Aggravating...

Try this. Add a second rubber to the post that’s a tad wider than the stock one above it.

Top down view too in case that helps.

0DA0C71B-90C3-403F-BF59-53EF290DFC69 (resized).jpeg0DA0C71B-90C3-403F-BF59-53EF290DFC69 (resized).jpeg77A560B9-3C10-4DB9-AE97-DE14A4BFA9D8 (resized).jpeg77A560B9-3C10-4DB9-AE97-DE14A4BFA9D8 (resized).jpeg
#1930 4 years ago

Also the grow dart animations for the pops are awesome. Not sure how many times he grows, but I’ve seen level 2

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Anyhow, co-op is the only way anyone is ever going to see Final Showdown, which is a shame.

You’re crazy. I’ve been close already. The game gives out EBs like candy.

What’s weird is it seems like once you get close the game is a never ending wizard mode fest.

Get one for completing season 1, another for season 2 which happens two modes later, then final showdown right after that.

#1937 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

?? I usually only get one extra ball per game how is your machine setup? I usually get it by starting the third mode and then collecting it. I see there is one if you can get 20 loops around the burn it back but I have yet to do that.

Stock settings. Play more modes. I’ve gotten three and had the 4th lit.

#1938 4 years ago

And I get the burn it back one a lot.

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

If you hold both flipper buttons in you can start competitive mode, how do you start cooperative mode?

I don’t think it’s in the game yet.

Also I remember now. I changed burn it back EB to 10 loops. Stock is auto. I don’t like auto adjusting EB awards. Probably why yours is all the way up to 20 now.

#1942 4 years ago

Not missing anything. The focus wheel is a physical wheel on the right side of the projector itself.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Do you have to take the apron off ? I’m just going through the service menus. I updated to 0.85 and projector is completely out of the correct locations. How does the X Y thing work? I go to diagnostics, to ST , to Projector Test to get to X Y etc. Projector stays off while I fiddle with those X Y numbers. Afterwards projection seems to stay in the exact same spots on the playfield when exiting the menu and when the projector turns on soon after.

Make sure and pull out the white interlock switch when in test. It will put green screens everywhere. Then you can adjust each one.

Focus is the only thing you need to take the apron off for.

#1971 4 years ago

Projector positioning to totally adjustable. Make sure to pull the interlock white switch out when the coin door is open. Puts green screens everywhere so you can adjust them individually. Have fun!!

#1976 4 years ago

Finally figured out what The root cause of my my magnet lock difficulties are.

Every time I fire up the game and start playing for the day, it works perfect. Then if I play for a while the shot becomes progressively harder to make it to the magnet.

This is due to the flipper becoming fatigued and losing power over extended use. Last night I took the flipper apart and replaced the stop, sleeve and plunger (plunger already had a burr on it surprisingly). Then after that the shot went back to 100% makable.

Now I’m not sure if that is due to the new parts or the flipper being able to cool down.

I’ve asked stern about it to see what they think. This might end up being an issue like LOTR where a different type of coil is needed to keep the performance up to continue to make that shot consistent.

#1978 4 years ago

Haven’t been close enough attention to confirm or deny this. I tend to spend all my EBs before earning a second one on the same ball.

Could confirm with the glass off if you wanted. Should be easy to test. Just do the burn it back loop until one lights. Then start three modes to light the other.

#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

I pulled it off two games in a row during gameplay.
Would be very much appreciative if you or anyone else tested it to confirm it is not just me.
Thanks again!

There’s no setting to have this happen as far as I’m concerned so if it’s actually happening for you it will for everyone. Are you pro or LE?

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Oh, and Demo shot was solid, nailed it almost every time as did most others there. The new scoring for Demo kills is wild, 15 million for a clean kill on first shot.

Just wait until you play the future Demo modes. Demo II is awesome scoring if you sir is for long enough and Demo III is 40 million plus for each clean kill. Crazy.

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Buddy's LE
Its actually the machine you were watching be streamed by Owl the other night

Okay cool. I’ll glass off test mine later today.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Is the third a multiball one as well? I've only gotten to the second one but may need to play a game where I try just with that in mind.

Every other one is a MB.

1- single ball
2 - MB
3 - single ball
4 - Mb
5 - not sure never been.

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I'm hosting our launch party today and running 0.85 code, is anyone experiencing resets on the latest code verson? Just wondering if I should have a 0.83 USB stick ready to go..

I haven’t seen any resets. Someone mentioned during Morse code it reset when they drained. I haven’t seen that on mine. But I have a LE. I think the one that had a reset was on a Pro.

#1993 4 years ago

Yep just got to it as well! The 5th one is sweet. Will only get better with updates I assume.

Also my EBs are stacking fine. Picked up multiple on one ball multiple times today. Got two in a row like I should have.

#1994 4 years ago

One mode away from the season 2 wizard mode and 2 modes away from season 1. So 3 more modes and I would’ve gotten to final showdown. But none of that is in there yet so not too mad about it. Haha

Ended with 514mm

#1995 4 years ago

Also trying to setup a 6x super jackpot in Telekinesis Multiball is so hard but satisfying if you pull it off.

#1998 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

Wow. I’m seeing all of these high scores- I can’t break 20mm and that’s getting the demo 10mm. Can’t hit the ramps!
Suggestions?

Practice. Haha. Watch the flipper and memorize where on the flipper the ball needs to be to make the shots. Don’t look up until the ball leaves the flipper.

#2000 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

No doubt I need to but this game is fast! I have guardians right next to it and it seems easy comparatively!

Guardians doesn’t have a single dangerous shot. Plays long.

This is the complete opposite. It will make you a better player for sure. Need to learn reflexes and nudging to survive this one.

#2004 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is it possible to get the triple super on the pro model??

Double or quadruple. That’s it. Hit the ramp before collecting for double. 2x playfield on top for quadruple.

LE allows 3x scoring on top of double playfield for 6x SJP.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Draining on Morse code still causes reset even on code .85!!!

Don’t drain during Morse code!!!

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I think this is the same issue I’m having with my demigorgon shot. The first couple of games all is good but after that it is not doable because ball keeps hitting too low.

This issue doesn’t affect my demo shot at all. I’m at almost 100% from a trap on either flipper with the elastic band trick.

#2010 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Anyone else seeing this on their games ?

The Lee should be Mylar on the playfield for the ramp already. If yours doesn’t have it, contact stern to get it.

#2012 4 years ago

If I had to take a wild guess I’d say it will take about a year to get this game across the finish line code wise and bug fixes. That’s about how long Guardians took.

#2014 4 years ago

Glad to hear. Yeah I hope we can get all these games dialed in as it’s super fun if everything works right.

#2020 4 years ago

Polk Audio PSW10 10" Powered Subwoofer - Featuring High Current Amp and Low-Pass Filter | Up to 100 Watts | Big Bass at a Great Value | Easy integration Home Theater Systems https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002KVQBA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_.rVuEbEH88CR9

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Just a question... is the shaker coded ? I dont feel the shaker very often...

You answered your own question. Haha

#2025 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

So, having the game apart I noticed there's TWO ball optos at the left kickout! Should we rest assured there's at least one multiball we haven't seen yet? Maybe integrated in deeper vagmonster modes, I have only played the two first ones.

I’ve played all 5 and haven’t seen a difference in the behavior of that spot.

The game has a sensor behind the drops too for dirty pool action. That’s coming for sure.

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Scoring comment. Just got the demo hit fr 15,000,000. Also for 10,000,000 on a diff game. Both were first hits but the differences was the TIME it took to hit it. So-it appears that there is a time too. This is for those of you that are working on making tiltforums perfect for us all!!

It’s 10 mm for a kill after a bash. I believe your shot was just sloppy enough to register a bash just before it went into the mouth.

#2041 4 years ago

Avoid season 2 modes better! Haha. The only tome it has reset for me was when a demo dog mode was going with the season 2 mode. I emailed it to stern.

#2047 4 years ago
Quoted from tinyrodent:

Is there a trick to remove the posts?

I always take a small punch and hammer it out gently from the underside.

#2064 4 years ago

Stern is sending me a ramp kit. Hopefully this will let me ditch my elastic band. Haha

#2066 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Did you contact stern direct or go through your distributor?

Direct. Trent told me to email Chas. They need pictures of the sides of your demo ramp address and SN

#2073 4 years ago

I’m pretty much ok with just doing the main screen

I’m mostly interested with improving the ramp projections. Those are the only ones that seem washed out on mine. But that might be a projector and orientation issue instead of the screen.

#2076 4 years ago

Play the modes and try to get to total isolation as often as you can. Points are big there. Also get good at playing the demo modes. If your demo is makable, you can get hundreds of millions after playing the first three of those demogorgon modes.

Remember that extra balls come from the burn it back loops and completing modes. Keep doing those regularly to get those extra balls. With practice you can get 1-3 EBs most games.

Also work on getting better at the multiball.

#2099 4 years ago

Always be burning it back. Whether it’s to relight outlane save or get 2x playfield, something good is three shots away.

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

TI combined with 100M+ in bonus.

You got this on .85? Impressive.

#2119 4 years ago
Quoted from Acupuncture:

Is anyone here having a hard time getting the magnetic ball lock to work consistently? I adjusted the mechanism per Stern's diagram, and when I'm testing it I can get it up there almost every time on our LE. However when playing with multiple people, if the ball doesn't go up the left lane with JUST the right speed, it either activates too early, resulting in a magnet-less ball lock, or simply sends the ball right back through the lane. I almost think it's a timing issue, because if it activated about a half second later it'd probably work consistently.

I’m having issues. I have sent videos to stern to hopefully help us get it fixed for everyone having issues. Just have to be patient for now until a fix is found.

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Maybe it was a particular set of ramps built incorrectly.

I’m not confident the new ramp will fix my issue as the pictures I sent Chas he said that my ramp looks fine but they are sending me a new kit anyway. Hopefully I figure out my issue when I have the mech out of the game.

#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

if you had the opportunity to bail on the game would you have in hindsight.

Nope. This is my all in #1 dream theme.

#2159 4 years ago

I just got 775 million on a location pro in STL last night. Was fun. I went deep into Total Isolation 2 and had a SJP worth almost 170 million during that mode. It’s got different rules than the first one and is higher scoring and I think puts all six balls into play.

#2161 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thats bananas, I cant imaging 6 balls flying around this machine, mostly because I have no control.

Yeah it’s hard to hit anything. Once the ball save is off I hope to have 3 left under control then go from there. That’s the key in getting deep in these MBs. Gotta be patient. The payoffs can be huge.

#2163 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I just thought about this yesterday. Pro scores will most likely be higher as a ball lock on prem/LE can end up costing you a ball due to RNG auto-plunger without ballsave.

Not if you don’t let the game auto plunge. . No rejects can cost you for sure, but I’ve never had issues with the plunge after a lock.

#2165 4 years ago

Should be the same mechs as guardians. If you want to adjust power on STH they are in the ST feature adjustments towards the end.

I assume Guardians has the same settings but maybe not.

#2167 4 years ago
Quoted from arsmith7:

Hey all. Question on EB for burn it back. When set to auto it seems to lighting EB after 1 loop. Then all the sudden it would only award the first EB after 50. Any idea what the default should be and why auto is so wonky?

Because the second EB is set to 50. Auto gave it to you on the first burn it back possibly from not shooting the burn it back for many games.

#2176 4 years ago

Congrats! Pinball life has stock shaker motors if you want to get one.

#2179 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The demogorgon shoot seemed to become more difficult to hit the bulls-eye as gameplay increased. After leveling the machine a month ago, we had a 2 in 5 direct hit. That ratio declined over the last several weeks. So I positioned a single flipper rubber under the demogorgon to keep the monster in a stationary upright position. Now we are back to an approximate 2 in 5 success hit.
If your shots are going just below the mouth, simply use a flipper rubber underneath to bring the demogorgon forward. Also, this rigged method will keep the demogorgon from moving backwards with close approximate hits. Now the monster is front & forward, as the pinball will enter without backwards resistance. This should be a challenging shot, as a 2 in 5 success makes this shot a decent accomplishment.

What do you mean by a 2 in 5 shot? Like out of 5 direct perfect shots, only 2 of them go in? I think that should be 5/5. Haha

#2182 4 years ago

Yeah that’s a good bandaid until they engineer something better. I’m actually glad they went back to engineering with it. Hopefully they find a fix that works for everyone.

#2185 4 years ago

I don’t think any owner of this game is gonna claim play better for this shot. Haha

#2198 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

How do we find a spot for this missing rubber on premium/LE?

Not sure this will work on the prem/LE. Haven’t tried though. I think it will cause hang ups.

#2202 4 years ago

The elastic band is working for me but I have gotten some hang ups from time to time. And with it holding forward the demo doesn’t shake as much.

#2210 4 years ago

Yep. This will happen on the LE too. The very tip of the bottom right flap will wedge it against the lip of the ramp.

#2215 4 years ago

At least he doesn’t think it looks like a vagina.

#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from waltgman:

Premium looks awesome!
What does the apron button do on this title?

Nothing yet

#2227 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I find it weird that these two features are missing in this game:
1) Super skillshot only awards points. Think back to Eddy's previous games. A super skill shot by holding the left flipper gave something useful in terms of progress in the game.
2) Vagmonster "bombs". Why is there no way to collect something like a "martian bomb" that you can use to count as one gobble? Having that for the vag-multiball to lock jackpot at 5M would be SCHWEEEET!
Has anyone actually seen superpops? Thoughts?

I’m sure we’re going to see lots more added to this game in the next 6 months to a year.

Super pops is in the game. Grow dart animations were added with .85

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I turned up the magnet power from 48 to 60 and mine is a lot more consistent now

I don’t understand this setting. How is it possible for the magnet power to be turned up? It’s just a static magnet that’s pushed against the backboard. I changed this setting all over the place to see what it was doing and didn’t notice a difference at any setting.

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

When you told me static mag I just assumed you meant it was always energized, I still would assume its a powered mag. Otherwise it would lose power over time.
I guess to test this theory you could try putting a ball against the backboard and physically power the machine off.

You can put a ball there at any time. On off whatever. If you look at the pdf stern sent us, it’s just a magnet that is taken on and off the backboard by a coil.

The only thing I could think of for that setting is it’s the coil power of the lock diverter.

#2238 4 years ago

Yeah I plan to ask Brian and Mike at LAX next weekend. If I can get their ears for a second.

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Speaking of flippers on this game. Out of my five sterns, Stranger Things is the only one I can't do post transfers on. Am I getting old and senile or is anyone else seeing this?

It’s because the slings are aligned a lot further away than normal. You’ll see this exact setup on AFM too. Very hard to consistent post pass on that game too.

#2247 4 years ago

Replace the sleeve and or plunger.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Thanks. I've never rebuilt a flipper but it doesn't look very difficult.

Super easy on these new games and requires no soldering unless the EOS is bad.

#2255 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Anyone try pin stadium’s UV light kit yet? I’m REALLY thinking about ordering a set. It looks so cool.

I don’t think they are ready yet. Probably won’t be until the stern kits land and scott can make sure his work.

#2257 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I ordered a set but haven't received them. He mentioned it might take a little longer to get these ones out.

I know he has his own LE now, so maybe he figured out how to get them to work, but when testing at my place we only got the flash to work. They didn’t come on during the upside down. So I assumed he had more testing to do.

#2262 4 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

I'm on the fence between the stern version and the pin stadium. . . . Anyone want to sway me one way or the other?

Once my stern kit arrives, and I see Scott’s final version, I might be one of the few that’s seen both in action. I’ll be sure to report back.

Stern kits aren’t expected to land until later in March though.

#2268 4 years ago

Sweet. Hopefully resets are finally dead!

#2270 4 years ago

Wow that little change to the demo difficulty pretty much guarantees you’ll get to three of the demo modes each game. This will help with tournament games that EBs are turned off, but stock settings it might be too easy. I’ll probably switch it back.

#2273 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

I honestly think this change make sense. You are more or less guaranteed the 2-ball multiball for each game and have the option to go deeper. I think I'm going to balance this out by toughen up the TK locks (two hits per lock instead of two hits for three locks). Getting TK MB is far too easy IMHO.

But TK MB is worth way less on average than demo mode II.

Plus for those of us with inconsistencies in the TK lock, it’s plenty hard to get to. Haha

#2278 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Tell me how long it takes you to get 30 million on your first TK MB

For me, at least two trips through that MB. Haha

#2280 4 years ago

I have one coming but haven’t received it yet. I don’t know if it’s any different.

#2288 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Yep mine was Pro as well. Is the code already ready for the kit or will we also need to wait for new code for it to work? Anyone know?

Codes in there.

#2292 4 years ago

Mines 100% for the first 20 mins of a session. Does that count? Haha

#2295 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Then what happens? Does it reject or go past the arm to the up post?

Both. Probably more pass through than rejects, but definitely both. Gets to the point that it makes the magnet like 1/10 times if that.

#2296 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I have the Same problem with inconsistent TK ball lock. Has anyone reached out to Stern yet?

I have. They have plenty of videos and i for from me. Haha. They’ve given my stuff to engineering.

#2298 4 years ago

Definitely report it. The more info the better. Make sure you’ve done the pdf checklist items too. That helped me a ton. My issue is flipper power being inconsistent.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Mine works all the time without any adjustments, I have my leg levelers all flat not incline. I think people are screwing around rising up the back legs to much. My demegorgan shot I can get the ball in its mouth probably 50% of the time unless it's a multiball and I am just hitting the flippers without aiming. I think people are screwing around making to many adjustments, people just need to get better. It's like bowling if you can't get a strike do you blame it on the ball or the lane? No just learn how to make the shot. Sorry if this offends people but I am sick of reading all these complaints about i can't make a shot or my ball gate or target decal fell off. If you know anything about restoring and dialing in pinball machines this is all common easy fixes, and happens with all pinball company's new and old.

Sorry but this isn’t the case for some of us. For some of us the shots actually don’t work and need adjusted. It’s not a pitch issue and people like me have tried everything from flat to super steep and the mechs perform the same.

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

I haven’t touched anything. And I looked at that checklist and, as a newcomer to the hobby, have no idea where to even look for the items they are showing. Like figure one. Where the hell is that? Under play field?

The first pictures are the magnet lock mech on the backboard. Then the next set is the magnet on the backboard.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from Bzamborski:

thanks chuckwurt! Do I need to take the back off somehow to get to that or just lift the playfield to access. Sorry for questions.

The playfield has rails. Lift up the playfield and pull towards you until the rubber feet of the playfield rails are on the lockbar receiver. Then the access to the lock diverter and magnet mechs should be easy.

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

Actually, it seems that every time I open the coin door, the projector goes out, and stays out once the door is closed again.

Give it time. It needs to reboot each time the coin door is open and then subsequently closed.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from triggur:

Does that seem preposterous? For some reason it can take between 20 seconds and a couple minutes to reboot sometimes. So if you open the door to fiddle the volume or add a credit, you have to close it and hang out for a few minutes while the projector reboots?
Who on god's earth would design it this way?

Never taken more than 10-15 seconds for me. You can continue playing and it will come back on.

You can always disable your interlock switch so your projector will never turn off.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Kept playing and shortly after couldn’t get any to lock, it was like everything got knocked out of adjustment just by playing the game. It’s extremely frustrating l, I might just disable my diverter for the time being and go to virtual locks.

I can almost guarantee you it’s you flipper power. Let the game sit for a day and see if everything seems good again.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

How many times to you need to open your coins door while your playing anyways

Yeah go ahead keep rubbing it in! Haha. Some of us have games that don’t work right, and we’ve had to do tons of trial and error to help try and diagnose our issues.

Enjoy your perfectly working game! It’s a good one.

#2330 4 years ago

I agree. If it has no improvement after extended periods of the game being off, something slipped out of adjustment.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Finally got a Total Isolation mode! What a rush!![quoted image]

Incredible game for only getting to the first total isolation. Well done!

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

has anyone else seen where the left drop post hits the ball regularly on its way popping back up? mine does it most of the time, which leads to the ball bouncing down the alley and random landing spot. when the ball rolls out of the alley smoothly, it is very consistent and playable.

Saw this on a location pro recently. Not sure why the post was doing that some times. Maybe make sure there’s nothing obstructing the balls path.

Try putting the game into switch test and repeatedly put the ball there and watch it closely. Might show you something.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Are you going to stream it?

Maybe. Haha. Won’t be til next Sunday. Going to LAX this weekend.

#2347 4 years ago
E36BB3F6-44C5-40AD-B12C-A329B6480896 (resized).jpegE36BB3F6-44C5-40AD-B12C-A329B6480896 (resized).jpeg
#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from brerspidur:

Its after 11 (or 10 depending on where in ky). . . .why isnt that installed yet

Too sleepy after a local tournament. Haha. Gotta work a crazy long day tomorrow.

#2359 4 years ago

Yeah they said that was going away like 3 code revisions ago.

#2361 4 years ago

Turn up the heat has zero scoring too. Never gotten more than a few million for that mode.

Barb i thought had the rules changed, but no idea what they are now. It’s definitely confusing. I’ve completed in one shot for minimal points and I’ve also had it last for lots of shots and score pretty big.

#2363 4 years ago

Okay if that’s how it works I like that. Still doesn’t clear up the flashing shots though. I heard them make a comment that flashing shots are worth more but I don’t know if that for every mode or what.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Anyone have issues with the Magnet not releasing the pinballs at all?

So when multiball starts they just stay up there? What about at game over? I’d go into coil test and see if that coil fires. If it does, test the opto switch that run along the backboard next. There are two of them.

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from Captchaos:

Nothing happens in the coil test. The pinballs remain there during multiball and when the game ends. I have to look under the hood tonight

Okay I would suspect a connector came loose or a loose wire then. The whole mech is on the backside of the backboard.

#2381 4 years ago

So I think I may know why some people are having their left orbit post hitting the ball making the feed unpredictable.

I was playing with my pitch and made my game completely flat (all four legs all the way in) to see if it made my lock shot any more reliable (it didn’t), I noticed my left orbit post was hitting the ball after it released, making that orbit feed relay bad.

Once I put the game back to 6.6-6.8 where I had it, my post stopped hitting the ball after releasing it. I think that added steepness gets the ball out of the posts way quicker.

Hope this helps others. They can also simp May have that post hold open longer, but that may release multiple balls at once if there are two back there. As we’ve discussed, there are two optos there, so if they plan to use those for some type of mode or MB, the post will need to activate quicker so it can release one at a time.

#2388 4 years ago

UV kit is sick. Just saw it in person.

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Where’s the option to say it’s installed??????

In the adjustments menu. Go to adjustments, ST adjustments, and it’s the first or second one.

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I think it's under Features and not ST (working off memory since I've left the office), but yeah it's the very first one to enable.

ST is the logo. It’s called feature adjustments I believe. Figured they would look at pictures before reading. Haha

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Throw it away and buy an LE.

That’s what I would’ve done.

#2402 4 years ago
0666EFF4-BA1D-4729-9DCC-68FE173E66C2 (resized).jpeg0666EFF4-BA1D-4729-9DCC-68FE173E66C2 (resized).jpeg
#2408 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Where is this from?! MKV mentioned a few these too! Can't wait for this game to get fully baked. There's just so much potential with all the awesomeness!

Just listened to Brian’s speech at LAX. He’s as frustrated as we are with some of the mech adjustments. I’m excited to see what’s to come.

#2412 4 years ago

This is literally how the club threads DONT WORK. if you want to spout off whatever, hit the non-club Stern threads

#2420 4 years ago

I don’t want to get everyone’s hopes up, but I talked to Brian Eddy just now and he said award map image may be staying. Said it has to do with collecting all the hand drawn tunnel system map images from the show. He wouldn’t give me more info than that, but it seems cool.

From his seminar last night, and talking with him today, there seems like tons more is in store for this game and his team seems really passionate about it. I’m excited.

He also confirmed that the diverter arm needs to be adjusted just right and the closer the back wall of the ramp is to the player, the better.

#2422 4 years ago
Quoted from twenty84:

Did he mention how to make this adjustment? Some of us have tried putting something between the ramp and back board, but neither the ramp or backboard have much room to move.

Agreed. He did not. But said that’s the key and to get with service for help if we need it.

#2424 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

They, or someone, should 3D print an alignment tool that you use as a template between the diverter arm and ramp (it's too damn difficult to get an accurate measure up there). That way you could just loosen the mech, slide in the template, make it snug, tighten the mech, and you're gold.

I use this. Works fine.

Komelon 4110CS Keychain Tape Measure Acrylic Coated Steel Blade 10' by 1/4", Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008AGWOXW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_tY-yEbBEXBEDP

#2426 4 years ago

Agreed. The best route imo is to keep bugging them once a week until they help. Hopefully with these later run games they are able to dial them in and use that knowledge to help us early people.

#2431 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

Has anyone noticed that the other STh's bashing tread has slowed down to a trickle?

It’s the same with every game. It’s been out for a while, so the negative crowd has moved on to the next game.

#2433 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I am also sure that some people like it,

100% of the posters in this club thread like the game. That’s the purpose of a club thread. So it’s stupid to come in here and tell us why you dislike the game. WE DONT CARE. haha

#2456 4 years ago

It should feed the flipper. The ball guide needs tweaked. I believe someone else had this issue and bent the guide out just a tad to get it to feed better. Read back through the posts.

#2481 4 years ago

I can’t remember the last time I let a pinball machine auto launch a ball. I guess I’m used to it. Haha

#2490 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks bud. Is the metal apron so different on this game that it wont bolt up to a pro playfield?

Correct. You can’t put the metal one on a pro.

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

I already fitted a metal apron to my pro ( new from pinball life) why would the UV kit in metal not work?
Its really confusing and hard to get a straight answer from stern.
Im also confused on how the comet and pinstadium ones work wothout compromising the the mode boards? The stern kit I think had an add on circuit card?? I know it has plastics as well.
Any help appreciated! Would love to add one of the options to my machine.

The metal apron stern uses attaches to the game completely differently than the plastic apron. It uses posts that go through the playfield.

The pro apron attaches via screws that are under the apron cards I believe.

You’ll have to contact the LED companies for your other questions.

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The last Demo mode isn’t coded? Ramp just closed up before I had a chance to hit it

It’s on a timer I believe. Then it lights all shots for jackpots. Mode ends when you’re back down to one ball. More code coming for those last two for sure though.

#2502 4 years ago

If the pro has the holes in the playfield, it should work. I was under the impression the pro had no holes.

#2509 4 years ago

The metal one also has two screws that attach to the lockdown bar hooks. Does the pro have those too?

#2513 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is this what you mean?[quoted image]

Lift up the playfield. You should see two screws that attach the apron to these hooks.

560B22FA-4D8F-4D8E-85BC-23B23AFB3F62 (resized).jpeg560B22FA-4D8F-4D8E-85BC-23B23AFB3F62 (resized).jpeg
#2519 4 years ago

Then should be full go on pro owners using the prem and LE metal aprons.

#2531 4 years ago

Take the plastic coating off. Haha

#2541 4 years ago

Um.... what? Like installing for free or including with their NIB purchase?

#2543 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The aussies get screwed on pretty much anything , so I’m happy for them. Haha.

This is true. I can’t believe anyone buys games over there at these prices haha.

#2546 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

the light kit and installation totally free, AMD are awesome.

Well you officially have the best distro in the world then. Haha. Great to hear.

#2549 4 years ago

Yeah I haven’t seen any of the other options fully integrated but the stern kit is the way to go imo.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Louisville, KY
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Guilford, CT
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
3,598 posts in this topic match your search for posts by chuckwurt. You are on page 2 of 15.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/2?tu=chuckwurt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.