IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

829 posts in this topic match your search for posts by c0untdem0net. You are on page 2 of 4.
#4463 3 years ago

ok cool, Didn't realize there was a sensor down there for it. Will take a look

#4473 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

One switch tells it when it's up, one tells it when it's down. You should be able to make it stop sooner by bending the "down sensor" switch arm a little so it triggers sooner.
If you need more than that, maybe you can loosen the collar on the drive arm and advance/retard it for a bigger change.
[quoted image]

I found the switches but there is not a lot of play there to adjust. While I had the glass off I took a look at the ramp closer both up and down before doing any adjustment and perhaps there is another issue. The ramp doesn't sit flush on the left side when the right side is completely flush and kinda digging into the playfield. Looks like about 1mm raised starting about a quarter into the ramp on from the left. This was something Pablo had me look at with the old ramp but it always sat flush all the way across so I didn't have to adjust it. Not sure what the process is for that.

I tried taking the slo-mo video and I was able to capture two successes and a few failures that I think should have gone in both high and low. There were a few that were pretty far off that I couldn't figure out how to edit out. My phone is old so lucky I was able to do slomo at all

Video here

Timecodes: Successes at 0:20, 4:05
Possible rejects high: 0:43, 1:00
Possible rejects low: 1:55, 2:27, 3:45

the rest of the shots were either wildly off or questionable on if they should make it. All shots were from the left flipper. I have 0 success so far from right flipper.

Getting it on youtube was easy, getting it off the phone I'm still working on. Can stick it on dropbox once I figure that out.

IMG_20200627_161401277 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161401277 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161409969 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161409969 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161704613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200627_161704613 (resized).jpg

#4502 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is in the next week or so. They’ve been pretty consistent twice a month.

It is today for 0.96 Looks like those of you with the shooter rod will be happy and some welcome changes to multiball modes.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/STRANGER_THINGS_PRO_0_96_0-README.txt

Installing now

#4515 3 years ago

Well I'll never see the end then as my demo shot is still fubar. Planning on going back to the old ramp this weekend. It started out good but then quickly deteriorated into worse than the old ramp as far as success goes. I've sent stern the slo-mo video as well as more info and it's in "engineering" but have heard nothing since Monday. I think the left kickout is bending the ramp worse and worse each time it hits it. At least the misses were consistent with the old ramp. Now it's all over the place. I think with the slo-mo with the old ramp I could engineer my own fix since it was consistent

#4517 3 years ago

The demo modes are the cause of probably 75% of my drains down the middle. When I don't shoot for it my games are much longer.

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Did you see my posts? I had the same issue. Adjusted demo and put old ramp back on. I can hit him on the fly now.

I went back and looked, what kind of washers did you replace the black spacers with? From your posts it sounds like our machines are exhibiting the exact same problem so will look to do the same fix. Did the new mylar work with the old ramp or did you have to put a new piece down?

#4522 3 years ago

Also I am getting some static or something from my right backbox speaker now. This is new with the latest update. Very distracting

#4546 3 years ago

A random shot is the 40 mil. It's pure luck. You can shoot the left kick out to have the machine tell you where she is but you don't get the 40 mil if you do that

#4547 3 years ago

I got an email back from "engineering" that just said play with the end stop switch to try to push it down more. When asked about the non-level they just said they have never seen one that wasn't flat to the playfield and it must have been made wrong. They didn't offer another ramp yet

I made 4 adjustments to my machine today to try and fix this

1. I tried to adjust the end stroke but there is just no play in it. It was already down as far as it could go.
2. The ramp looks to be made of spring steel or something. Really hard to bend. I went slow and constantly testing to try to get it as level as possible. The shot was still not make-able but it was now consistently low.
3. I took the demo apart and trimmed the excess plastic inside the mouth. This actually made a huge difference in the mouth hole. I went slow with a knife and took out quite a bit of material. First pic is the before. The other two of the demo mouth are the after
4. As mentioned above I took out the 4.75mm black spacers and 3D printed 2.75mm spacers to replace it. This brings the demo down and it sits directly on the front stud so there is now no rocking forward the demo can do.

So far in testing I have not seen a rejection from the left flipper and I'm now nearly 100% from a cradled left flipper. I still cannot make it from the right flipper. I think my next step is to swap the original ramp back in and see if that makes any difference.

Progress anyway
IMG_20200702_164229951 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_164229951 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170847545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170847545 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170843700 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_170843700 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_172209411_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_172209411_HDR (resized).jpg

#4549 3 years ago

yeah I've played with the power quite a bit. It's hitting far to low even at full power from the right flipper. I could go no washers and it wouldn't make it. Left flipper looks good to go at 240-245. I've got right at 250 right now. As I said, progress. I think the engineer might be right and I got another bad ramp. Just my luck lol. With the old ramp the right was hitting higher so I'm hoping the old ramp will make me golden. Should have just done this months ago but wanted to see if Stern would fix it.

#4556 3 years ago

What can I say this is a completely different game when you can hit the demogorgon. I've had this machine since January 15th and I've never experienced hitting it more than once in a game. Tonight I've made shot after shot after shot. I had no idea that the mouth shots on "what's that" we're worth 40 million + 60 million plus. Didn't hit the last one unfortunately hehe. I've got no modes started or multiballs on ball one and i have nearly 240 mil. I've been making my high scores of 500 million the really hard way

I really hope this fix I've got works for a while. I still have not hit it from the right flipper but the fact that I can consistently hit it from a cradled left flipper makes all the world of difference

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet! Yeah you’ve only experienced half the game since you got it. Enjoy!

so I think having been shooting the demogorgon so much and playing in such a different way that I'm used to I'm now experiencing the dreaded flipper overheating problem. power really dropped off on both flippers I can barely make the ramps and clearly not able to hit the demogorgon in the last couple of games I played. it's funny and it's a completely different way of playing the game I'm just not used to it but my pro is having the same problem with coil overheating. Going to give it 30 minutes to cool down lol

#4560 3 years ago

Yeah, played 30 minutes or so of my new potc and came back to St and the first demo shot went in. Looks like on my machine the demo shot is very power dependant. I'll be looking into that fan upgrade when it's available

Speaking of upgrades the Titan glow replacement rubbers are awesome with the UV light. I got the flipper and slings and love it.
IMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpgIMG_20200702_223911058 (resized).jpg

#4562 3 years ago

On the latest software I've been seeing one odd thing with the demogorgon qualification. Say I have 2 of the 4 drops down. Normally a shot passed those into the demo would qualify the word and if that gets the demo ready I'd get the flashing arrow to start. I've been having that center shot not just complete the word but also start the demogorgon mode. Almost like it's double counting the shot. Anyone else seeing that? Wondering if it's a bug as I don't remember it doing that before this software version. I've also made a lot of mods to my demo so maybe I screwed something up too.

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t seen that on the new code. What I do see from time to time (which is normal behavior), is if you graze the final target of a word, and also go through the back you get a 2 for 1.

yeah this is not that situation. It doesn't happen every time which makes it feel like a software bug. Maybe it's something that's been there a while I just never noticed it because I've not been shooting for the demo.

#4569 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Okay I would put it in switch test and see if that switch behind the drops double registers ever.

Not seeing anything odd in switch test. There are a ton of optos up there but none of them are acting strange.

#4571 3 years ago

I think it's called demogorgon exit opto. It was registering fine. There are also two optos for the up post and then the opto for making sure the ball doesn't get stuck behind the drop targets. Finally there is the opto for the demogorgon mouth. All of them are registering fine and show no signs of registering when banging on the playfield. I'll try to get it on video and report it to Stern and see what they say. It happens often enough on my machine it shouldn't be too hard to replicate. Kinda reminds me of the left ramp timing bug in the early code.

#4622 3 years ago

I've now gone back to the original ramp on my machine. I just could not get the new ramp to sit flat against the playfield. The old ramp is perfect in that regard. I'm now near 100% with the left flipper cradled while the machine is fresh. To make the shot I have to have my flippers set to near 255 and once they start dropping off due to heat the shot becomes unmakeable. I'm going to try removing the front post to see if the demo leans forward at all. Hoping that will help. Might also try reducing the spacers by another mm. That definitely will require the post to be removed as the demo is sitting on it now 2mm down.

I also sent some info about the opto issues I am seeing. I have checked and double checked in switch test mode and have seen nothing out of the ordinary. I've seen these strange occurances though

1. Sometimes the up post will drop before the ball gets to the post usually while it's still under the demo. The leads to hearing the up post pop 2 times. I'm not sure what opto causes the up post to drop. I thought it was the one right next to the post but the ball is no where near it when it goes off the first time.
2. Sometimes the opto under the demogorgon does not register at all and I will be rewarded the mystery shot instead of completing the word or starting demo mode. I think this usually happens when there is a video in the process of playing and I shoot under the demo.
3. Sometimes the opto under the demogorgon seems to register twice so I'll either get a completed word or completion and start of demo mode.

This is on my PRO. Is anyone else seeing anything like this?

I have video of the 1 and 2 and I'm working on 3 to send to Stern. It really does feel like a code/timing issue since there are 4 optos involved in that area but if no one else is seeing it then it may be an issue with my machine.

#4628 3 years ago

Took that post out that keeps the demo from coming forward and now I can hit it with the right flipper as well. Not sure why they have that there. If this maintains it'll be awesome. I've have never once hit the demo from the right flipper cradle on my machine. Of course for some reason I'm also way more accurate when I have the glass off so we'll see how I do now that the glass is back on Seems my aim always goes off once I get into the game.

Thanks for the confirmation on the up post double hitting sometimes. Glad that one is not just me. I did double check all connections while I had the playfield up and everything was nice and tight. Once I get some videos to Stern I'll let you all know what I hear on those other two issues.

#4629 3 years ago
Quoted from dsmoke1986:

I have a pro, have had it since launch; zero issues...If I miss the shot, it's all because I missed the shot. I never have to mess with flipper power or any of that.

you are definitely one of the lucky ones.

#4632 3 years ago

I removed it completely. So far I've had no hangups. The ball is able to move the head out of the way. First thing I tested. I went away from the flipper rubber fix because that caused lots of hangups. I made the screws that the spacers go in very tight.

My first game with the fixes. Managed to hit the demo almost all modes and got to total isolation once. Got 150 mil on that last demo modes. Got the super twice once off left flipper and once off right. So much fun.

IMG_20200706_181447414 (resized).jpgIMG_20200706_181447414 (resized).jpg
#4642 3 years ago

Haha, ok. It is not an easy shot. You still have to aim it well to get it in. It's meant to be tough but makeable. A good player should be able to hit it multiple times in a single game. In fact it's required and expected. Mine was not makeable and it's my machine so if I want it to be fun for my family I will make it so. Even still I don't think I've done anything outside of tune the shot for where the slomo video was showing the ball to hit. Stern even admitted there was a problem with our machines and I waited 6 months and I got another bad ramp. So I engineered my own fix. Now the game is more fun.

You are also not meant to adjust the kickout to go up the burn it back loop but many are. I don't have mine setup that way.

#4647 3 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Did you ever find a solution for the ramp digging into the Mylar. Mine is doing the same wondering if it’s normal or not.

No I did not. My replacement ramp was not flat to the playfield so no adjustment would make it work. The lip that it created made the ball go all over the place. Stern said to try small changes to the switch but that didn't do much.

My old ramp never dug in and since the new ramp was not flat to the playfield I have gone back to the old one. I actually need to undo the adjustment I had done for the new one as it's now digging in as well where it didn't use to. I now have a line on my playfield from the new ramp that won't ever go away after only a week with it on . I even made the adjustment to not have the ramp down in attract mode.

#4648 3 years ago

Just starting to formulate some new strategies. It's a completely different game from what I've been playing for 7 months. I'm finding I really like to break up the demo modes with the season modes especially to get that extra ball. The final demodog mode is ok but I'd kinda like it to be a 2 ball multiball.

IMG_20200706_225619328 (resized).jpgIMG_20200706_225619328 (resized).jpg
#4649 3 years ago

Sorry for the double post. Not sure how that happened. Wish I could delete it

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The demo modes are crazy points if you can make the demo mouth.
First one is pity points for sure, but 15mm from one shot is fine.
Then trap em you can have jackpots that are 4-5 million each, and super jackpots that are 50-60mm each and you get to collect those twice. So 100-120 million from two shots.
Demo mode 3 is hard to score big on, but you get 30mm from each perfect mouth shot and there are three of them. So with double scoring you can get 180 million in three shots.
Run will is very hard now since the super jackpot requires a very well timed shot, but scoring opportunities are similar to trap em (demo mode 2)
Then the final demo mode is a points banana. You can get 200 million with your eyes closed pretty much.
I like how the final demo mode has all 6 balls going. Makes it much harder to collect a full 200 million super jackpot during all that chaos.

Is run will the one that has the ramp going up and down? The most satisfying shot I've ever had in pinball last night when I managed to hit that shot. The later demo modes are really worth a ton but so are the season modes. I always drop everything and go for the quarter hunt especially if I can get double scoring and bring in telekinesis multiball. That can be worth huge points. I find some other modes, while worth a lot like Save Will, are not really worth shooting for if you miss the shots and on my machine the left orbit and right ramp can sometimes be tricky if timing is off at all. Operation Mirkwood and follow the compass are like that as well so while those modes are running I try to go after the demogorgon or start up one of the demodog modes. The game is hard to have a firm strategy on at least for me. I find it's a bit of a target of opportunity play especially with the pops randomizing the modes.

Of course I'm only now getting to play the full game and I have not even seen telekinesis 2 yet.

#4666 3 years ago

I've seen BS mode only 4 times since it was added. The novelty has worn off a bit.

#4692 3 years ago

oh so close. Almost cracked 1 billion. Been so close on SW and GB but this is the closest. Finally got to total isolation 2 and WOW when the machine went dark and all I had to do was hit that last demogorgon. Something else. Fumbled pretty much every multiball but walked away with almost 250 mil from total isolation 2. Only got to the 4th demo mode on this game too. Barely got any points from that route tonight. My son has forced me to put DAD on all of our machines instead of my normal ERB. I guess it makes him feel better somehow lol. Good luck beating that son

IMG_20200708_234545204 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234545204 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234531247 (resized).jpgIMG_20200708_234531247 (resized).jpg

#4713 3 years ago

speaking of tweaking I'm wondering what people recommend for scratch removal on the ramps. I've had the ramps off probably more than 20 times now and there are a few scratches, mainly on the bottom of the right ramp near the sling from the screw on the outlane ball guide. I don't remember which time I forgot to put down towels when working on the machine and caused the scratches but they are there and deep enough to be visible and annoying. Pretty sure novus won't take it out but I am afraid to take sandpaper to it. Just wondering if there are any tips out there on fixing scratches on these really clear ramps. Most of the stuff I could find was about repairing badly broken ones with holes and stuff.

#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Flame polish makes them like new, but don't do it on the real deal until you practice on some old crappy/broken ramps because if you come in too hard you can ruin a ramp in a hurry.

I wish I had old ramps to try it out on I'm only a few years into the hobby. I've read about the flame polish. Maybe I'll check around locally and see if anyone has some experience.

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It has the best results, but it also can go horribly wrong unless you know what you're doing. Maybe put out a pinside or craigslist wanted ad for some broken pinball ramps or something? No time like the present to learn...

I don't disagree, I'll see what I can find. Thanks

#4724 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Newest code made this a requirement for final showdown.

luckily with a working ramp and hit-able demogorgon it's a pretty fun requirement. I think I'm onboard with getting rid of the up and down of the ramp during run will. I looked at my ramp yesterday and it's taken a few shots to the edge. Going to be hard on balls and the ramp. My new ninjas are already a bit dinged up and I just put them in.

#4732 3 years ago

I have my lanes in the middle and pitch at 6.6 at the flippers. Right in the middle of the bubble.

#4738 3 years ago

PRO V0.97.0 - July 16, 2020 just landed. I was just talking about this one lol

- Added an adjustment that determines the amount of cycle time between
raising /lowering the ramp during the Super Jackpot phase of Run Will Multiball.
Default = 2 seconds, Min = OFF, Max = 6 seconds.

Looks like rule changes to send it back and total isolation 2 as well. Pretty big ones at that

#4748 3 years ago

after playing a bunch tonight on the latest code I think they were really trying to nail down timing at least on the pro. I was noticing a lot of subtle changes to the audio and a number of the odd things I've seen happen didn't show up tonight. I didn't have any great games tho. Highest score tonight was in the mid 300's.

1 week later
#4869 3 years ago

I'm hearing a lot of static coming out of the right backglass speaker on my PRO with the stock speakers. I think it started with .96 but it is still in .97 and in Cleland's mod. It does not appear to be tied to any particular sound. I swapped the right backglass speaker from my Munsters into the machine and it is still doing it so I don't think it's the speaker. I've also tried adjusting the audio levels with the stock stern eq settings and I can't adjust it out. It's really annoying. Is anyone else with a pro hearing the same thing? I'm going to report to Stern tomorrow.

#4870 3 years ago

Along with the audio issues I'll be sending this video to Stern tomorrow. I've been trying to debug the opto issues under the demogorgon with Stern and finally got some good video of it. I think it's getting worse as it happened a ton today. I put together a quick video of it with a description of each section what I'm seeing. I have spent a good deal of time in switch test mode and I've examined all of the optos several times and I can't find anything wrong with any of them. Only happens when I am playing. Must have a ghost in my machine.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow that sucks. Disconnect the opto that’s behind the drops that completes the words and see if any of the other issues go away. Closely inspect the wires that go to that opto to see if they somehow touch or short to another set of switches (the left orbit post optos or the mystery target)
But it appears the optos behind the drops is the issue. Did you replace them?

Stern has not sent me new ones yet. Continuing to do the troubleshooting. I keep being asked to check the alignment and inspect for visual damage but there is no issue there that I can find. Hoping with the video they will send me some new optos to put in. I'm pretty sure my machine has always done this since the first version of the software. Seems to be getting worse but then I'll play 100 games without an issue and then boom it'll happen a ton. I've inspected the wiring so many times at this point and reseated connectors. I have not tried it with that opto disconnected though. Will look at that tonight.

#4877 3 years ago

I wonder if this is a placeholder price or the actual price for the topper at Marco. No picture of the topper unfortunately.

Annotation 2020-07-27 143249 (resized).pngAnnotation 2020-07-27 143249 (resized).png

1 week later
#4948 3 years ago

Anyone know why sometimes the first demogorgon scores 10 million and other times it scores 15? I can't figure it out. Doesn't seem to be related to the speed at which you get the mouth shot. With a good nudge out of the side drop from the demo start I can get the ball into a cradle and make the shot consistently but the scoring doesn't seem to be.

#4950 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

When you only get ten for a seemingly first shot kill you’re actually registering the bash opto right before it goes in.
Hate when that happens on demo 3 and double scoring is running.
Also, on the second go around of the demo modes a one shot kill is worth 16,500,000

Ah, that would make sense then as those 10 mil shots are not nearly as clean as the 15 mil ones. Didn't realize there was yet another opto for the bashing. This machine is full of them.

Stern has said they are sending me the demo exit opto as well as the two up post optos to replace on my machine. Hope that fixes the problems I've been having

1 week later
#5011 3 years ago
Quoted from dri:

Thanks! But what is the deal with a 40M Barb shot? Is that if you one-shot it?

yes, if you find barb in the first shot it's worth a ton. Really lucky shot on that one. Find Will can be worth a ton as well if you manage to combo all the shots. Only done it once

#5013 3 years ago

So I've had the two lights under the left flipper that have been flickering since I got the machine. A while back Stern sent me new bulb sockets so I could replace them. Now that I have the machine apart I can see why they are flickering. They are pressed up against the wood so the full vibration from the playfield is hitting them. Now my question. How in the devil am I supposed to replace those staples? Is there a special tool for that? It must be really powerful as I don't think any of my staple guns could penetrate the playfield. Let alone get them anywhere close to where the staples need to go. These must be some of the first things populated on the playfield when they are building them.

IMG_20200810_204950420 (resized).jpgIMG_20200810_204950420 (resized).jpg
#5015 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Swap bulbs from the top side of playfield. They are probably good bulbs just not a great connection.

I've already changed the bulbs out twice. they will be good for a few games and then start flickering again. The sockets need to be changed or fixed in some way. Definitely have to be centered in the playfield hole at a minimum.

#5017 3 years ago

After doing some googling I've found people use pneumatic long nose upholstery staplers for the job. Going to give this one a try https://www.amazon.com/3PLUS-H7116LSP-KT-Pneumatic-Upholstery-Stapler/dp/B07YDD94RL

#5030 3 years ago

My machines are in the basement. No one can hear them no matter how loud I have the sounds. Only headphone jack I could see would maybe be in a barcade where they didn't want the extra sounds of the machine but I've never seen one out and about. Plenty of machines I can't hear tho.

#5089 3 years ago

Interesting bit In the listing. Must be boilerplate text.

"Compatible with Premium, Limited Edition (LE) and Signature Edition (SE) models."

Marco still shows it as $399. Will be interesting to see what it will end up priced at.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7113-00

#5159 3 years ago

What do you mean exploit the bonus? Other than the early code I've not seen rediculous bonuses. I get that the multiballs are lucrative but that 2x playfield and extra ball really make the burn it back a worthwhile shot. I don't really have a tournament strategy for stranger things. I play to get to the wizard modes. Curious what the going tournament strategies are.

#5173 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Multiball until your arms fall off.

interesting, so people just keep playing the telekinesis multiball over and over? That would be boring I guess. Have not tried that myself but will.

#5191 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. Well until you have to hit the targets like 5 times or so before the locks light. So at least 5-6 MBs. Do that and collect a ton of jackpots (the number of jackpots and super jackpots feed bonus). Best I’ve seen when someone was doing this was a billion after ball 1.
Tournament strategies are rarely fun btw. Haha
Loosely try to combine a mode with the MB too. Never play a demo mode.

I tried this today and I can see how you could get your scores up with that in a tournament setting. I'm not the best multiball person but was able to manage close to 100 mil just from bonus from the first telekinesis focusing on collecting jackpots and ramps to increase multipliers. If I was a better multiball handler I can see how that could be quite lucrative. Last tournament I was at the scores on ST were well under 150 mil. In a tournament setting the demogorgon is much more dangerous to go after. That said tho it wasn't very enjoyable so I've gone back to climbing for the wizard modes

#5229 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballslave:

Didn't know about this one... who makes that? Any pics? Sounds good, but I think it should be to a similar scale as Hopper's Blazer for it to look right with them both there... are the scales comparable?

If you don't care about the lighting the cars are available on amazon. I used command strips to attach them to the playfield using the mounts included in the packaging. They are the same scale.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZG6TVQR
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZG6WM2T

#5237 3 years ago

I've been buying from Ball Baron. They have been great. I've never used the Titan pinballs but I highly recommend if you buy from them you get the glow in the dark flipper bat rubbers and slingshot rubbers. They look awesome with the UV Kit.

#5242 3 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Thought I had fixed the Demogorgan not accepting clean shots with a slight forward bend of the bracket when disassembled. Not I've caused this. Time to bend it back a bit!
[quoted image]

If you go back a few pages I fixed this by reducing the height of the demogorgon by replacing the black spacers with shorter ones. Just reducing the height by 2mm I went from .5 percent hit rate to well over 80%. I've tested this exact problem and there is no issue when fixing it with the height reduction. I even sent my fix to Brian at Stern and he said that it is a valid fix for the original ramp problem. Said you could probably even just take the spacers completely out and still have it work. That would reduce the height another 2mm but could possibly have this problem

found the post
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/91#post-5727478

#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Coil cooling kit update - I have all the manufactured parts and illustrated instructions ready to go, but the foam insert that holds everything in place during shipping had to be sent back because it was cut wrong. So probably looking at another 7-10 days before the foam is fixed and I receive it to start shipping the Spike2 coil cooling kits. Sorry!
[quoted image]

can we preorder anywhere?

#5319 3 years ago

The titan glow rubbers are awesome on the machine. I have them for the flippers and slings. Thinking about replacing the rest with them as well. Thank goodness there is not much to replace on this machine They do take a bit of getting used to once you put them on but after a few plays it didn't bother me. Felt like I had old Gottlieb flippers on the machine in my peripheral for a bit.

Anyone try glo-balls with it? I would but man they are so expensive but could be cool.

2 weeks later
#5450 3 years ago

Gotta sing the praises here. Vireland's fix works a treat. Install was easy and the instructions were very good. I have well documented flipper fade issues on my Pro version of the machine with Stern and after installing this mod I played for hours on end without any noticeable change in the machine. Can't wait to get more time on it. Truly makes you want to play just one more game even though it's way too late and you gotta be up early to get the kid ready for distance learning...

flipper_cooling (resized).pngflipper_cooling (resized).png
#5472 3 years ago

I believe there is a setting for it but yes that is correct. It will actually spot whichever mode shot that is closest to completion. The scoop also spots demo dog targets up to three as well I believe. This has been in since .9 I think.

#5502 3 years ago

The later modes are harder to memorize tho

#5524 3 years ago

I track my audits closely as I've been sending them to Stern and the number of games with high scores has increased dramatically since the install of the fans. I am not the greatest pinball player in the world. My high score on the game is just under 1 billion and I've only made it to total isolation 2 twice but I think the difference is clear. For roughly the same number of total plays (~120) my audits pre-fans for high scores from sept 4th

48 50.0M-74.99M SCORES 10
49 75.0M-99.99M SCORES 10
50 100.0M-149.99M SCORES 17
51 150.0+M SCORES 12

And game times

77 6 - 8 MINUTE GAMES 11
78 8 - 10 MINUTE GAMES 1
79 10 - 15 MINUTE GAMES 5
80 15+ MINUTE GAMES 2

Now after the install.

48 50.0M-74.99M SCORES 18
49 75.0M-99.99M SCORES 10
50 100.0M-149.99M SCORES 18
51 150.0+M SCORES 36

77 6 - 8 MINUTE GAMES 16
78 8 - 10 MINUTE GAMES 10
79 10 - 15 MINUTE GAMES 14
80 15+ MINUTE GAMES 2

My demogorgon fix has also held up. It's a makeable shot but not easy and with the fans I can hold off to playing the demo modes till later in the game. Before the demogorgon fix the percentage was at less than 5% of games got the shot. Now it's DEMOGORGON OPTO 182 147% OF GAMES

#5527 3 years ago

my guess is not 1.0 yet but .99

#5529 3 years ago

One of the complaints I saw over the weekend about the machine in a league setting is the unpredictable upside down mode causes unfair advantages. I tried the competition mode by holding down the left flipper but the upside down still seemed random. I almost think for league or tournament modes turning off upside down completely might be the best option since someone always feels like they were robbed.

#5532 3 years ago

I can test that tonight on my pro. Was the number of switch hits set or does it change from match to match.

#5546 3 years ago

haha my floor looks like that too only I've never found the sliders that I like. I've gone through a number of different brands and I just hate how the machine feels when they are down there. I just have the machines right on the carpet now. Incidentally, I tend to throw machines around on location lol

#5641 3 years ago

I'd rather they release it when they think it's ready then release it with a ton of bugs. Fact is the last few releases were mainly the season wizard modes which I have not even seen yet.

#5659 3 years ago

a billion is more than a 15 minute game. My best is only 100 mil less than yours and included all demogorgon modes and both total isolation multiballs. Only steps after are to the season wizard modes where once complete will at least double your score. I'd say that's a good game as there is not much more in the way of points until you get rocking in the wizard modes.

I do hope Stern nerfs the telekinesis bonus as going that route is not fun IMHO. I much prefer playing the modes.

IMG_20200923_000527794 (resized).jpgIMG_20200923_000527794 (resized).jpg
#5672 3 years ago
Quoted from pudluther:

I don’t think I’ve gotten it in the Demogorgon’s mouth more than 3-4 times total.
My high score is like 235mil so maybe I’m just awful at it. lol.

Mine was the same way for a very long time. I took some slo mo video and saw that the ball was hitting consistently low so I reduced the height of the demogorgon and that resolved my problem on my machine. I detailed the fix I did earlier in the thread. Stern also has a replacement ramp kit for early models that may resolve it. Reach out to stern cause even non-pinball friends of mine hit the demo shot regularly on my machine after fixing it.

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Whats your strategy to get this? Go after modes or Demogorgan?

The funny thing is I generally go with the flow. Because you can't choose modes that makes a firm strategy difficult. It is true that quarter hunt is the most lucrative if you can get to it with a multiballs and 2x playfield multiplier. Worth a lot. Otherwise I go for demogorgon as it becomes available usually focusing on getting the first three season modes done for extra ball and the the burn it back for the second one.

The second demogorgon can be incredibly lucrative if you can hit the demogorgon in the mouth. It can be worth more than 140 mil. Third one, with a fixed demo, is worth 60-90 mil. Then maximize tk multiballs for the bonus potential on the way to total isolation one and two. I usually focus on the extra balls early on tho cause going for those get you well on the way to total isolation 1.

That's my non tournament strategy right now anyway on my pro. In a tournament or league I'd go for multiballs.

#5682 3 years ago

Mine is easier from the left but totally makeable from the right. About 3/4 flipper on the left and 1/4 on the right. I refused to mess with mine until the ramp kits came out. They did not help mine and actually made it worse. So I took slomo video with my phone. If yours is hitting consistently low from both flippers then I recommend reducing the height of the demogorgon. I also took out the post on the one way gate in front of the demo as it would not let it sit forward enough to allow the ball to enter. It should take a careful shot but not one that is unmakeable. The game is so much more fun when you can make the shot reliably.

#5702 3 years ago

At this point they are going to have to revisit the kids in College a few years later lol. None of them look like kids anymore.

1 week later
#5849 3 years ago

There is not a lot of play to adjust the ramp. There are two switches that control it and I wasn't able to adjust more than a few millimeters. That ramp looks bent or something. I'd ask Stern for a new ramp to start with.

Untitled (resized).pngUntitled (resized).png
#5907 3 years ago

My 10 year old doesn't have a problem with it being too scary. Not a ton of humor in this one but some of the animations and stuff are fun. It definitely puts a smile on your face often. I enjoy JP but it's never been a must play for me at league nights. I may throw a dollar or two in it but I never really wanna go back to it. I literally play stranger things for hours on end and it's the one machine all the kids love when they come over.

#5920 3 years ago

I find I don't really backhand that ramp that often on my pro even though I can. Much rather combo the right ramp to left ramp and get progress to modes. I do backhand the burn it back a lot from the right flipper though.

#5938 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks Erik! Yeah that makes sense and def not grazing that gate. And I'll put a bigger ring on that post so at least it will feed that left flipper.
Got to get those balls off of the slings, it's tough enough on the drains.
Still a great and underrated pin though! I put it right up there with JP and EHOH, just a tiny notch below.
The coil fans seemed to have solved the Demo shot. That's huge.

The orbit feeds are my biggest complaint about the game. I have the left orbit feeding well to the left flipper but does require a little nudge coming out of the mystery shot to not hit the sling. BIB or a missed shot will come back nicely to the left flipper tho. The right orbit feed I just can't get dialed in. Currently its hitting the top of the sling most of the time or coming fast right to the tip of the right flipper. It is really really hard for novice players to deal with as a shot to the pops guarantees an uncontrolled return. You can't move the rail that much so not sure what can be done about it. The left rail for the left feed moves a lot more which makes tweaking that easier.

#5940 3 years ago

interesting, so the right feed should be feeding the left flipper not the right? Mines pretty much doing what Deadflips machine is doing right now from the streams.

#5942 3 years ago

ok, then it looks like my clean feed is doing what yours is and going right to the tip of the flipper. It's my dirty feed I have to fix. Thanks. Clean feeds are not the norm on my machine lol

#5953 3 years ago

The post is a fixed issue. If you think yours is faulty ask stern for the updated part. No reason to worry about it.

#6001 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Thanks chuck I’ll check it out his posts to see if I can get a better idea what to do. All I saw was the highlighted post about adding washers to raise it up. I assume maybe I would just add washers to the rear screws to sort of tilt the head forward? I have to do more research.

The fix when it is hitting low is posted here

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/91#post-5727478

If you can't find or print spacers of that size you can try just using washers to find the right height for you. I talked to Brian about the fix and he said on some machines removing the black spacers completely can work. Just that then you could get hangups on the bottom right demo mouth flap. With the fix I have never had a ball get stuck. One other thing I did was remove the post that is on the one way gate right under the demogorgon. I honestly don't know why that post is there as it keeps the demo leaned back.

This fixed was posted a really long time ago by someone else in the thread. I just wish I had done it sooner. I was recording my stats and sending them to Brian at Stern. Pre fix:

111 DEMOGORGON OPTO 14 10% OF GAMES

ouch. That was over 135 games or so. And here is that same stat now from 120 games

111 DEMOGORGON OPTO 182 147% OF GAMES

I also have vireland's fans on my machine now which also helped to improve that stat but even before the fans it was night and day. Fans just help when I play for 2-3 hours straight.

#6005 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike7599:

Thanks for the replies. I’m going to try this out tonight! Were you guys also getting the crazy air balls when it was shooting low?

yes and my playfield has plenty of craters to show for it.

#6015 3 years ago
Quoted from Fieldsweeper:

What do you mean controlled movement? does the pro and LE move or something? I do not remember the demo moving at all.

The demogorgon mech has spring like bushings to allow about a half inch front and back movement. On the le there is a post that knocks the demogorgon around from underneath that the pro does not have. On the pro balls hitting it make it move.

#6016 3 years ago

Quick question. DO other peoples play fields have a LOT of dimples all over it? this game LOVES to bounce around the ball. Did you guys turn down any of the flipper settings or kicker settings?

This game has a lot of balls flying around on purpose. It has a ramp and major bash toy. It causes dimples so you'll need to get used to it. The ramp flap dimples bother me the most visually bit it's normal. Flippers need the power so I don't recommend turning them down.

#6019 3 years ago

If your flippers are still at 255, which is the stock setting, I'd check the coil stops. Weak flippers is a sign of broken coil stops.

As far as settings go mine is almost completely stock. Only change I have made is to not have the ramp go up and down on the fourth demo mode.

#6063 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Got mine in house January 24th, I might have a pinball problem![quoted image]

Same here. Got my ST Jan 23rd. Have had that munsters since June of last year. ST getting all the covid plays lol.

IMG_20201025_223607173 (resized).jpgIMG_20201025_223607173 (resized).jpg
#6070 3 years ago

From everything I've read there is not much in the way of shaker effects so I have not bought it because of that.

#6082 3 years ago

When I do the switch test it does work fine for hand tossed balls (med speed) and of course using my hand it activates perfectly and instantly and extrremely fast a few videos up you can see me using my hand.

idk how that is a thing tbh or what this could even be??

The opto's up in this area seem to be a little finicky. The one under the demogorgon on my machine is malfunctioning as well and will sometimes double register and sometimes not register at all. Stern has sent me new optos to replace them but I have not had a chance to do that yet as I have to remove everything in the area to get to both. A lot of work. I would submit a trouble ticket to Stern and ask them to send you a replacement opto to start with. If you have to take it all apart you might as well be putting a new opto in.

#6085 3 years ago

I just put in a service request on the website. Pablo got back to me asking for the serial number and that was it. The only thing that would have required my distributor was when they were thinking of replacing the cpu board. I've gotten parts for my Munsters and Stranger Things no problem without going thru the distributor. Optos, lights and sockets, left ramp, demo ramp kit, etc.

Here is where I started

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#6136 3 years ago

There is more to it than just leaning it forward. The post on the one way gate should also be removed as it limits how the demo sits. It really should be free standing. Once you get that set screw on the top of the playfield out removing the demo is really easy if you need to do it again.

#6141 3 years ago

Pretty sure all sterns will have one from now on as it's cheaper tooling

#6147 3 years ago

I realise that somewhere in this thread there is probably a pic showing these 2 things... I looked at the tagged post of how to adjust the demo, but there's just an exploded view of the mech... no description of how to get it out... it would be great, therefore, if you could take a photo of the things you describe... I imagined partially stripping the playfield down by having to remove ramps etc to get this thing out!... obviously that's not necessary, unless getting to that set screw requires this amount of work

I didn't take any pics of that. You do have to remove some of the plastics around the demogorgon but it's only 4 or 5 screws and they are easy to get to. One of the screws for the plastic is on the one way gate you want to remove the post on. It's really not hard at all but the demogorgon has to come out first. If you have never done that getting to the one screw for the mech on the top of the playfield is challenging. I had to remove the left exit ramp and loosen the left entry ramp to get to it. Once it is removed don't put it back. The two lock nuts under the playfield are more than enough to secure the demo and makes removing the demo easy in the future if you need to.

pic (resized).jpgpic (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6234 3 years ago

I find on all my machines a different reading depending on where in place the level. On my stranger things I have it at 6.6 degrees at the flippers and find the drains to be mostly my fault. My munsters is set more like 6.4 currently.

#6241 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Drop targets never take two hits to drop. You’re experiencing bricking. It’s been around since the 80s. It’s when you hit the drop target too hard and too straight on and it doesn’t drop. Nothing fixes it really.

Yeah, I have this happen from time to time as well. Seems the center right drop bricks most often for me. I try not to hit them straight on now.

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

For ball save can you turn auto launch off? Or do you have ball save turned totally off?
For multi-ball I can’t imagine you are manually launching those.
I have video where half of my multiball autolaunches are sdtm.
I should probably tweak my saucer.

maybe try dialing down the auto launch power. Maybe it's hitting too hard as mine auto launches close to the middle of the drops. When they are down in multiball, 90% of the time it hits the left target behind the drops.

#6261 3 years ago

I noticed yesterday that one of the Titan Glow rubbers for the slings is already starting to split. Probably won't last the week as it seems really fragile. Has anyone else had issues like this titan rubbers? It has maybe 1k games on it

#6264 3 years ago

2 1/2 inch ID is what I put on it. I'll see if I can rotate it a bit but it looks to be half way thru at this point. I'll look at a size larger for the next order.

#6269 3 years ago

I don't think they properly cleaned the metal before applying the decals. My pro also had several of the decals fly off in less than 200 plays. I cleaned the targets with 90% alcohol, let it dry, then reapplied the same graphic as it was still super sticky. Has not come off and I'm over 3k plays now.

Gluing it is going to make it much harder to replace in the future when the graphic is destroyed. The adhesive should be more than enough.

#6283 3 years ago

I'm in no rush. Unless you are good enough to get to the final showdown regularly there's not much else forcing the upgrade. I guess maybe the jukebox feature but I don't care about that.

#6288 3 years ago

My son is going to be pissed when he sees I broke 1 billion tonight. I was 1 shot away from total isolation 2 but it hit the slings and bang bang out so fast I couldn't nudge it out. Demogorgon modes were worth major points. Had 2x playfield while collecting super jackpot on 2 and all jackpots on 3. That was nearly 350 mil alone. Totally fudged demo number 4.
IMG_20201111_224840218 (resized).jpgIMG_20201111_224840218 (resized).jpg

I also noticed that the left ramp now has a line thru the graphic. Took a close look and it's the rubbing of the ball guide under it. Pretty sure that's not supposed to do that.
IMG_20201111_221856458 (resized).jpgIMG_20201111_221856458 (resized).jpg

#6291 3 years ago

Yeah it's really odd. Stern sent me a new ramp a while back but I'm still waiting on the ramp graphic to put it on. Will be sending the pic to stern for advice

#6296 3 years ago

The ramp appears to be sitting on the guide and the vibrations from the ball rolling on the ramp are causing it to dig in. Without taking the graphic off its hard to say how much damage there is to the ramp. It feels cut in though. It's cut thru the graphic completely. Its unfortunate there is another report. I was hoping mine was a one off. I have not heard back from stern yet

#6307 3 years ago

I've been waiting on that decal from Stern for over a month now. I got the new ramp a while ago though lol. You wouldn't think it hard to print some more decals.

#6309 3 years ago

Happened to me too. I have my original ramp, the first replacement with no decal, the second replacement that came in the kit but was bent to heck, and a new in box ramp kit to replace that one. I made the original ramp work though. I also have a hand full of replacement short range and long range optos they sent to fix my demogorgon exit opto underneath as well as a bunch of light sockets for under the flipper ball guides. They have been good about sending out replacement parts just takes a while sometimes to get it right. I sent Brian a pic of the ramp as well as support so hopefully they will get back to me with suggestions when I do finally get my replacement decals to keep it from happening again.

I am worried about my Guardians order though. I ordered it in September and was told it was going on the line this month but apparently it's not with no ETA.

#6316 3 years ago

One of the guys locally got the upgraded part and it still failed on him a week or two ago so the new part may just delay it happening again. I've got over 3000 games on mine and no sign of failure yet but who knows.

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Family really likes AFM and I understand same designer did AFM and Stranger Things. Layout looks very similar. My wife and kids love the show but wasn’t impressed with ST pro they played on route.
They found the demigorgan shot difficult to hit. I am thinking about getting a ST premium over AFMr. I understand new code allows you to hit the demigorgan 5 times now vs in the mouth only.
For you who have ST which would you buy AFMr SE or ST premium? Thanks for any help

That change to hit 5 times was in one of early updates. There is a process now to determine demogorgon issue and resolve. Even kids with no experience hit that shot on my machine now. Brian Eddy did design Stranger Things and AFM

#6342 3 years ago

Awesome. Thank you so much for your reply

I love this machine but it takes work to get playing well especially with the premium. Just be aware of that.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Finally broke a billion and still not close to Final Showdown. Lol.

I just had one of my longest games ever. I think nearly 40 minutes and only made it to total isolation 2. Didn't even come close to my high of just over 1 billion either. Only 640 million. I was really fumbling my multiballs and even though I went into both TI's with 2x playfield and mystery lit but I just couldn't manage anything. That 640 million was hard fought for sure. I was even having trouble hitting the demogorgon tonight. It's amazing how much higher your scores can be. My highest score ever I only made it to TI 1 but wow was I making bank on demo modes and TK multiball bonuses.

#6401 3 years ago

Thanks to Cleland I put the latest code on my machine today and after a good number of games my opto issues around the demogorgon appear to be resolved. Stern was adamant that the issues were the optos and I had read that there were some fixes to that area so I was hopeful. I've replaced those long throw optos twice now. Going to play a bunch more but none of the oddity I was seeing has happened since the update.

#6404 3 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Thanks to Cleland I put the latest code on my machine today and after a good number of games my opto issues around the demogorgon appear to be resolved. Stern was adamant that the issues were the optos and I had read that there were some fixes to that area so I was hopeful. I've replaced those long throw optos twice now. Going to play a bunch more but none of the oddity I was seeing has happened since the update.

Dang, I knew posting this would be premature. Same issues I've been seeing with the demo exit opto are still happening. Sometimes missed and sometimes being double registered. Just took some time for it to start. Played for hours today and just started in the last game.

#6418 3 years ago

Check the up post in the left ramp as the early ones usually fail in about 200 games. Get the updated one from stern for permanent fix. Demo shot will likely be off and hard to hit reliably. Remove the post on the one way gate under the demo as a start. If that doesn't improve it you will need to lower the demo. Lots of info in this thread on how to do it.

#6420 3 years ago

I'm in the process of replacing those long throw optos under the demogorgon again. UGH it's such a chore to get to them as you have to take both left ramps off and all of the plastics and the demogorgon out. While in the process of doing this I noticed a broken screw head on the coin box. Great another mystery.

IMG_20201122_213049603 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_213049603 (resized).jpg

I eventually found where it came from. One of the coilstop screws from the right flipper. I thought that flipper was feeling weak.

IMG_20201122_213103711 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_213103711 (resized).jpg

I love this machine but at the same time I don't think it's ever worked 100% and it has been so frustrating for the last 11 months. I've had it apart so many times down to the playfield that everything shows wear and tear from being worked on so much.

#6421 3 years ago

Anyone know what screw I need to replace the broken one? Looks like they generally come on the base kit https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/515-6617-00

#6424 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

10-32 1/2" (maybe 3/8"?). Get a cap head hex screw instead of the crap Stern uses.
Something like this, but shorter:
https://www.pinballlife.com/10-32-x-34-black-socket-head-bolt.html

Thanks, I might have a few of those in my parts box somewhere.

#6428 3 years ago

I'm guessing those long throw optos are for registering a hit to the Demogorgon? You seem to have a lot of trouble with yours... is this a common issue?

I don't know how common this issue is. There are a TON of optos in the center area of the demogorgon. The one that I have the issue with is, for lack of a better name, the demogorgon exit opto. It's the one that completes words when sneaking behind the drops, starts the demogorgon mode, and completes some of the modes. On my machine, from time to time, I'll shoot up sneaking past the drops and it will not only complete the word but sometimes complete the next one or start the demogorgon mode. Sometimes it doesn't register at all.

IMG_20201123_074739166 (resized).jpgIMG_20201123_074739166 (resized).jpg

Replacing those optos is a royal pain and I hope no one else has to do so. I'm doing it for a second time right now.

#6431 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

At this point I would repin the connectors for the optos too. Seems like there’s a bad connection somewhere.

That is one thing I have not done yet which is to trace it all the way back to the node board. Once the wires go into the bundles it becomes really hard to trace. I've reached out to Stern again but have not received a response in the last week. Hoping they can point me to the exact node board and connector for these so I don't have to trace. I think it's called the Center Lane Opto in the manual but I'm not entirely sure thats the right one

#6468 3 years ago

Hopefully after the addon for the uv kit the topper isn't 1k.

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

Is anyone else running into problems downloading the new code? I keep getting to 2.8 of the 2.9 gigs and it says 0 bites per second. It’s happens 4 times now.

yeah things are slow going today. My guess is dropping 3 different machines worth of code at the same time was a little more than their servers can handle. I might be done in an hour when it's usually minutes for me.

#6499 3 years ago

Regarding my issue with the opto under the demogorgon... I've been playing a bit today after replacing the optos and the issues are still happening. While I had it apart I did pull the pins on the connectors and tested them. I honestly don't see any issues and I don't see any in switch test mode. What I'm seeing feels like a code issue as debouncing would seem to catch it but since no one else is seeing it I'm at a loss. Not sure what else it could be.

#6501 3 years ago

Not that I can see, this opto is deep and in the dark even in a well lit room. My pinball room is dark usually with only the lights of the machine on. Really odd. Very reproducible on my machine. I guess next step up is node board.

#6507 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I meant lights within the machine. On Metallica they had issues with leds within the game messing with the optos they were using for the drop targets. Once they shielded this lights, the issue was fixed.

I'll look to see if I see anything like that. Its a pretty protected area under all of those upside-down plastics so I would be surprised if it was light issues. They are the same optos on the ramps and those get hit with a lot more light. It'll be interesting to see what Stern says next. They have been really good about helping through all the issues. Just sucks I've had so many with this machine. My munsters has been nearly flawless. Other than putting cliffys on I've not had to touch that machine mechanically

#6525 3 years ago

Managed the super skillshot tonight as well. Total accident but was really cool to see.

#6562 3 years ago

Download the sd card image and flash it. That's how I upgraded my pro.

#6619 3 years ago

Back in September I ordered a Guardians and the price had already come up another 100 from when I bought ST in Jan and it's an older machine. I managed a deal with a different distributor that still only brought the price down just under what I paid for ST. Prices across the board for all NIB seem to have gone up. If you truly managed a NIB for 5k that's amazing. None of the distributors around here could come within 600 of that.

#6650 3 years ago

If the demogorgon is not a reliable shot then check back as it should be consistently hittable within the same game. From a cradle I'm 100% on mine and probably 70% on the fly. The game requires you to hit that shot many times to progress thru the demogorgon modes.

You are going to want to get Vireland's cooling fans.

#6652 3 years ago

I would highly recommend you read through the last 50 or so pages of this thread. There is a lot of information to answer all of your questions. This machine requires some tweaking but it's a ton of fun once dialed in.

#6659 3 years ago

Yeah it really depends on where the shots are hitting. For me, it was hitting low. Removing the spacer on the one way gate helped and then I decreased the height of the demo by 3d printing some replacement spacers of various sizes. The stock spacers are 4.75mm in length. I tried 3.75, 2.75, and 1.75. The 1.75 has worked the best and since I didn't change the angles of the demo I get no hangups either. You could use 2 standard washers to get the same height.

That is only if it is hitting low. I'm now 100% for shots I think should have gone in from both flippers. With the 2.75 I was 100% with the left and maybe 50% with the right. Now it seems to be perfect.

#6713 3 years ago
Quoted from Flaverflav:

Good, your shots were too high or too low ? My shots are hitting too low but i don t want to take off the toys to fix it.

Its the most important part of the game and it's only difficult to do the first time. The spacer on the one way gate can be removed without taking anything off the playfield and should be the first thing you do.

#6720 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I’m about 100 plays in, and I’ve hit the demogorgon in the mouth *once*. Build date Jan 2020. Shots seem to hit low. I’ve adjusted flipper strength a few times.
Looks like I’ll be doing the washer trick. I think I heard somewhere that the ramp was riveted incorrectly on some games, making the shot difficult?

Flipper strength will do nothing for low hitting shots. Remove the spacer as mentioned as step one. From a cradle you should be able to get almost 100% both flippers. If you see shots that you think should be going in then it needs to have the height reduced some.

There is a replacement ramp kit from stern for those of us with early ramps that were shorter. Didn't help mine. I prefer the shorter ramp anyway.

#6728 3 years ago

Does mine have the updated ramp? It was built December 2019 and it was a demo unit. I am not sure how to tell if it is the old one or not.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That is the shorter, original, ramp. If you search my username in this thread I posted pics of my original and the replacements. I prefer the original shorter ramp. Follow the steps to dial it in and you will be happy with it.

#6729 3 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Should there be a clear ramp cover over the right ramp ?
I hit the side of the game with a hard shot
Was a service bulletin ?

Yes, there should be a cover over the right ramp. Left ramp has one too. Seems a few got out without one. I mounted hoppers car to mine

IMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpgIMG_20200313_150919919 (resized).jpg
#6733 3 years ago

Ok thank you. Why do you prefer the shorter ramp? I played a quick game and on my 3rd try on the same ball was able to hit the demagorgan. First two tries didn’t get stuck on the right of it either which was nice.

The long ramp cause some strange ball movements when it hits the sides from the kick out or burn it back. The shorter ramp doesn't have those issues as much. Maybe I would get used to it after a while but the shorter ramp is less intrusive to the game when it is down imho

The one on route might have done some of the earlier hacks which are known to cause hangups. I've never had a hangup around the demogorgon with the fixes I've done.

#6734 3 years ago

Anyone get the topper?

Topper has not been released yet

#6735 3 years ago

On another note I'm still diagnosing the issues with the center lane opto with Stern. They had me swap node 8 and node 9 boards under the play field but there has been no change to the situation. Right after the swap I had clean shots under the demogorgon be ignored while it was ready to start the demogorgon mode. Then tonight I counted 8 times I noticed a double register of the word completion. Even once had mystery go off when there were no balls anywhere near the mystery shot. That was an odd one.

While testing tonight I had a pretty good game just doing demogorgon modes though. Managed to complete all of them with a total score of 600 million just in demogorgon modes and I really did not take advantage of the last two modes. Really fumbled the multiballs and didn't manage many shots on the demogorgon.

Its the strangest situation with my machine. Only thing I can think of at this point is that the starting of the demogorgon isn't triggered by the center lane opto since I've replaced that twice now and swapped the node boards. Really odd.

Video of the issues I am seeing regularly. Honestly, with how many components have been replaced on my machine at this point I am so surprised no one else is having the issue

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Other things to try:
Unplug the two optos by the left post that feeds the left orbit as well as the mystery target.
Then see if you get the weird center shot behavior.
But I do think your issue is with that center opto. Even when you get the mystery shot or demo dogs award, that was correct, but your goofy center opto also gave you a demogorgon mode start.

Interesting, I do sometimes get the double up post as well. Usually the double up post the first time it pops there is no associated flasher indication which makes me think it's some sort of automatic behavior. I've already replaced those short throw optos as well but have never tried unplugging them to do the switch test. Will do some more tinkering tonight.

#6746 3 years ago
Quoted from Break8ers:

Not the only one--on mine sometimes Demo shot is ready and and I shoot it and nothing. Next time through it works. Also I will shoot the Mystery shot and sometimes the demogorgon will start. Other times the mystery/demo/free ball shot will not register and next time through it will. Not sure what to look at first. Assuming optos off based on what I am seeing?

Interesting, you are the first person to mention seeing issues similar to mine. I don't know what is causing it at this point. I've replaced all of the optos related to the area under the demogorgon and mystery up post. Some of them twice. I've also swapped the node 8 and 9 boards and reseated all of the wires in the connectors. I'm waiting on a response from Pablo on this. I'm not sure what he will recommend next. I will definitely let him know I am not alone though. Did you watch the video I posted above. I showed most of the issues I've seen. The only one I have not been able to document yet is the mystery shot sometimes registering even though there are no balls in the area.

#6750 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Also. Do you guys have the one way gate that points to the left orbit installed or did you remove it?
Maybe a fast ball is registering that center opto once, then when it bounces back through that gate it’s registering it again.

I have the one way gate on mine

#6754 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I would disconnect all the suspected switches and plug them back in one by one, and testing after each one. Note when things start going crazy to help narrowing down where the issue actually is.

I'm going to play around with this tonight. Stern got back to me and said it's being pushed to engineering. So far the track record on engineering responses hasn't been that good.

#6756 3 years ago

The first time is the hardest. Just don't put the top of the playfield screw in and it's 3 connectors and 2 nuts to pull the demo out in the future. Do you know what the final height of the washers was that you replaced the spacers with?

I've talked to Brian Eddy, the designer, about this and he said on some machines removing the spacers completely is necessary. It's really strange though cause when I made the change to mine initially I only removed 1mm from the height of the spacers and the post on the one way gate in front of the demo was causing it to lean back. That's why I removed it completely. It looks like you still need to remove yours if the last picture is the latest. Also with this fix make sure the screws are tight in those bushings cause you want the demo to return to it's natural resting point.

I know some people think fixing the demo shot to be reliable is cheating but let's be real here. Watching balls fly around when you know for sure it should have gone in is no fun at all. That's not skill it's luck. Mine is not a gimmie but it is a makeable shot and a reliable shot. If you are a good player it should be nearly 100%. It's also clear from the modes that it's expected to make this shot many times in a game. It's why the initial code didn't even have the bash 5 times to kill the demo in it.

I do like that upside down graphic on the ramp. I wonder how it's going to hold up.

9bf71a3ae037f8f5c03f381275218fb4e1dae2dc.jpeg (resized).jpg9bf71a3ae037f8f5c03f381275218fb4e1dae2dc.jpeg (resized).jpg

#6764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I removed the plastic spacers and added 2 washers. I’ll probably take those out next time. The washers I added to tilt the demogorgon forward seemed to do nothing. The demogorgon is still hovering above the hex spacer, but I’ll take that out as well.
Thanks for all the troubleshooting tips everyone. I really like the game, just trying to do the normal dial-in stuff.

One other thing to look at as it could be an optical illusion, but the angles look wrong on the metal mount for the demo. I wasn't able to replicate the first picture you posted with my spare one. Here are a couple of pics of it that hopefully show the angles well and should be easy to replicate. Mine was bent quite a bit from the factory and Stern replaced it. Didn't end up being the final fix for mine but did help. I had bent this one back to what I thought was close to factory and when I got the new one in saw that it was close but still not perfect. I think this one was still leaning back a little and a bit to the left. I wonder if more than one went out bent. I had to bend this one quite a bit to get it close.

IMG_20201208_195111735 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195111735 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195122104 (resized).jpgIMG_20201208_195122104 (resized).jpg

#6770 3 years ago

I just finished doing a fairly extensive switch test after adjusting both under demo demodog targets and the mystery target. I have a number of targets and optos double/triple registering from time to time on a single hit. I now know for sure that the targets that are doing it are not doing it due to mechanical connections. I took a video that I'll be sending to Stern where I demonstrate the issue but it seems like some kind of lag problem. I don't know if it could be due to the network cables between the node boards or something up with the CPU board. This was the machine that would not boot with the stock SD card. I had to put in a top of the line sandisk class 10 card to get it to consistently boot.

The circled targets and optos are having the intermittent issues. When using your finger to slowly trigger the optos it's really clear when you get the double and triple hits. It will be interesting to see what Stern says about it. My money at this point is on a network cable or the cpu board itself.

StrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-343nfkjanfd-scaled-917x1536 (resized).pngStrangerThings-Pro-Playfield-Closed-343nfkjanfd-scaled-917x1536 (resized).png
#6774 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

Love that mod. I’ve got Billy’s Camaro as well. Good stuff!!

Same here, I think both look really good in the machine. Once my issues are settled I'll put them back on. I have been removing the ramps so often lately to replace things I didn't want them in the way.

#6775 3 years ago
Quoted from JDub03:

C0untDeM0net I have a Pro as well, and I have noticed getting mystery awards more and more even if my shot doesn't hit there. With the new codes I feel the shot delay has grown. I see it on hitting the Demo as well. Not saying that our issues are the same, but with 1.0 I feel like the CPU can't keep up with the fast action of this game.

Here I thought I've been alone all this time. I'll update when I hear back from stern. I probably should have taken that replacement cpu board when they offered it 6 months ago when the machine wasn't booting. Heh

#6777 3 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I’ve been following you’re struggles. Hopefully you get it resolved. Such a great pin. I only had TK lock issues with mine so I know you’re frustrations. It was worth the time put into it to make it play right. Good luck man!!

Thanks for that. I have to say so far Stern has been great to work with. Pablo has been working with me from the start and we have probably 200 emails back and forth. I got one of the early machines and I knew it was early. Just didn't expect all of this lol. When the machine is working I can't stop playing it. I just got a new Guardians in less than a week ago and I'm still here swapping node boards and doing switch adjustments to this machine. My other sterns have been rock solid so I can only think I got unlucky here. I believe stern will help get it right.

#6797 3 years ago

Anyone ever have the ramp get stuck halfway during run will? I have mine set to not go up and down for that mode and this was the first time I have hit it on the 1.0 code. I was playing and I got control of 3 of the balls and looked up and the ramp was half way down enough that balls could go under it and hit the drops. There was no way to progress the mode so I let two of the balls drain and the ramp went back to normal and worked normal from that point on. I went into my settings and put run will ramp back to 2 seconds as is the default but didn't make it back there tonight to see if the problem persisted.

I've played that mode a number of times on the previous code and never had a problem like this. Just wondering if it was a fluke or should I report it to Stern

#6816 3 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

How difficult is it to remove?

Not too bad really. The first time you have to take part of the left ramp off so you can get at the top playfield screw for the demo. Just don't put that back when you are done and it's two nuts in the back and some connectors to remove it in the future. I've taken the whole thing apart so many times at this point that bit seems so easy lol

#6817 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hi I would like to comment on your issues.
First of all I have the exact same issues with the center lane. I have spend some time diagnosing the issues myself. It's funny that Stern can't determine this simple issue. Also you had to change some PCBs hahaha that was totally unnecessary... Anyway...
The solution for the problems is a combination of weird/unexpected ball behavior and software.
I have created a bug list for 1.00 software. Where I did include some tweaks needed to solve this issues.
The first of "our" issue is "spelling multiple words" with just one shot. Here is what I wrote in my bug report to Stern.
4. Increase debounce time for „center lane opto“. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon, the ball can get a weird spin and starts to roll back and forth and triggers the opto multiple times. Before finally rolling to the left down post. This means multiple words get spelled by accident.
If you watch your video again and take a look the marked area in the attached picture. You can see the ball hasn't left the center area. Since it had a spin and rolled back and forth at the opto. Which caused to count the shot multiple times.
This needs to be fixed with software to ignore the opto for a short period of time after one hit.
The next of "our" issues is starting the demodog mode with the same shot as the center lane shot. Again here is what I wrote to Stern.
5. Ignore the „Left lane target“ for a short amount of time after the „center lane opto“ has been triggered. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon, the ball starts to bounce weird and can hit the target. Which will then falsely award Mystery… Extraball… Demodog-Battle etc…
The ball will hit the stand-up target in the "mystery-lane" which is usually only meant to be hit via a direct shot. Not via a bad bounce coming from the center lane exit.
Also this can be fixed via software.
Your next issue is "advancing the left ramp with the Demogorgon shot"
I did not specify this issue in my writing to Stern. Since this issue is basically the same issue as the previous issue. The ball will accidentally hit the mystery lane stand-up target. This stand-up target will advance any Bicycle, Walkie, Binoculars or Slingshot shots. ONLY when neither Mystery, Extraball or Demodog-Battle is lit at the "Mystery lane"
Software fix hopefully coming... Lonnie listen!!!
"Our" next issue is the double firing of the down-post. Guess what... I also submitted that to Stern.
6. Increase debounce time for „left down post lock 1 opto“. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon or the left „mystery“ lane, the ball will hit the down post hard, which causes the ball to bounce back, before it finally rests at the down post. This will sometimes confuse the game and it will release the ball without properly showing the Demogorgon start animation or without properly awarding Mystery, Extraball or Demodog battle.
The last issue which you didn't speak about. I also don't know if you encountered this issue.
When you shoot really hard into the center lane. The ball goes soooo... fast it only triggers the opto very short. My game sometimes doesn't even recognise it. But I think this is because of the nodeboard not being fast enough to notice. A fix would be to get the game dirtier and the flippers get weaker :DDD
Anyway, you are not the only one with these issues. I have nailed them down to software weakness. Stern needs to address their Software. Unfortunately I didn't get any reply by Lonnie regarding my software concerns...
If you are still diagnosing these issues with Stern, feel free to send them my reply. So the chance is higher to actually get some attention and software fixes.
Also let me know what their response is.
I am still surprised that they were unable to nail it down Do you still have the "old" nodeboards? I would be happy to get some fully working spare boards [quoted image]

I'll forward it on as well. I've said many times this feels like a coding issue but I've seemed to be the only one seeing it which has made stern think it's something wrong with the hardware. I wish I had spares but it wasn't new hardware they sent. Just swapping the two existing boards to isolate. I'm glad I'm not the only one and I hope these timing issues get resolved. The missed center opto has been the hardest one for me to explain.

I am seeing some issues in switch test that may be contributing to the problem though. I can hear in switch test optos and switches that are well gapped triggering 2-3 times per hit. My other machines don't do this. Its a long video but this is what I sent stern to help diagnose

I def think there are some coding timing issues but might not be the only issue with mine.

#6819 3 years ago

They are the indicators for the drop targets spelling out the words for starting demogorgon modes.

#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Hi I would like to comment on your issues.
First of all I have the exact same issues with the center lane. I have spend some time diagnosing the issues myself. It's funny that Stern can't determine this simple issue. Also you had to change some PCBs hahaha that was totally unnecessary... Anyway...
The solution for the problems is a combination of weird/unexpected ball behavior and software.
I have created a bug list for 1.00 software. Where I did include some tweaks needed to solve this issues.
The first of "our" issue is "spelling multiple words" with just one shot. Here is what I wrote in my bug report to Stern.
4. Increase debounce time for „center lane opto“. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon, the ball can get a weird spin and starts to roll back and forth and triggers the opto multiple times. Before finally rolling to the left down post. This means multiple words get spelled by accident.
If you watch your video again and take a look the marked area in the attached picture. You can see the ball hasn't left the center area. Since it had a spin and rolled back and forth at the opto. Which caused to count the shot multiple times.
This needs to be fixed with software to ignore the opto for a short period of time after one hit.
The next of "our" issues is starting the demodog mode with the same shot as the center lane shot. Again here is what I wrote to Stern.
5. Ignore the „Left lane target“ for a short amount of time after the „center lane opto“ has been triggered. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon, the ball starts to bounce weird and can hit the target. Which will then falsely award Mystery… Extraball… Demodog-Battle etc…
The ball will hit the stand-up target in the "mystery-lane" which is usually only meant to be hit via a direct shot. Not via a bad bounce coming from the center lane exit.
Also this can be fixed via software.
Your next issue is "advancing the left ramp with the Demogorgon shot"
I did not specify this issue in my writing to Stern. Since this issue is basically the same issue as the previous issue. The ball will accidentally hit the mystery lane stand-up target. This stand-up target will advance any Bicycle, Walkie, Binoculars or Slingshot shots. ONLY when neither Mystery, Extraball or Demodog-Battle is lit at the "Mystery lane"
Software fix hopefully coming... Lonnie listen!!!
"Our" next issue is the double firing of the down-post. Guess what... I also submitted that to Stern.
6. Increase debounce time for „left down post lock 1 opto“. Sometimes if you shot very fast into the lane underneath the Demogorgon or the left „mystery“ lane, the ball will hit the down post hard, which causes the ball to bounce back, before it finally rests at the down post. This will sometimes confuse the game and it will release the ball without properly showing the Demogorgon start animation or without properly awarding Mystery, Extraball or Demodog battle.
The last issue which you didn't speak about. I also don't know if you encountered this issue.
When you shoot really hard into the center lane. The ball goes soooo... fast it only triggers the opto very short. My game sometimes doesn't even recognise it. But I think this is because of the nodeboard not being fast enough to notice. A fix would be to get the game dirtier and the flippers get weaker :DDD
Anyway, you are not the only one with these issues. I have nailed them down to software weakness. Stern needs to address their Software. Unfortunately I didn't get any reply by Lonnie regarding my software concerns...
If you are still diagnosing these issues with Stern, feel free to send them my reply. So the chance is higher to actually get some attention and software fixes.
Also let me know what their response is.
I am still surprised that they were unable to nail it down Do you still have the "old" nodeboards? I would be happy to get some fully working spare boards [quoted image]

I've sent this on to Pablo as well. I've seen the issue with the under demo shot not registering at all. It's the one in my write up and video where a shot up the middle advances a mode. I don't think in this case it's hitting the mystery target. I believe the up post optos are also used to trigger mystery not just the target.

I have to believe my machine is not just experiencing unexpected ball behaviors though. I see these issues almost every single game I play and I've not waxed my machine in months

#6832 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Sounds good, now we have to wait and see what Stern will do with their Software development...
Yeah the optos will trigger mystery as well. But they will be ignored after the center lane has been hit. However the target still can start mystery after a center lane shot. Also I definitely watched the ball triggering the target after the center shot. So it definitely does get bad bounces not very often thought...
When was your machine build? Mine is an early built Dec.6 2019. Maybe they did make some changes to some alignments to the gates and rails in later productions?...

Yeah in the scenario I'm seeing the center lane is ignored so they are registering. I had several weak shots last night were it should have triggered as it moved very slowly though the opto but it didn't. I've also seen the incredibly fast shots not register. I do hope they look into these and get them fixed cause I see them all the time. Have not heard back from Pablo in a few days. Apparently my emails have been going to his spam folder

Mine was built mid Jan 2020

#6838 3 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Yeah I have the same feeling. It struggles to keep up with the players progress. This is especially noticeable when upside down starts.
I also featured this as a bug/tweak in my list I did send to Stern.
25. Upside-down does start too late.
-If Upside-down has been started with a shot which finished a capture mode. The game does start Upside-down is the background, also the timers for Upside-down start running. However the game won’t show you the shots needed for Upside-down also the display doesn’t show any Upside-down information until the game has showed the mode total screen.
EDIT: I have a Pro, but there shouldn't be any performance differences between Pro, Premium and Limited Editions...

I have noted this as well. Sometimes I can get 2-3 of the drops down before the uv kicks on

#6853 3 years ago

I've been corresponding with Stern Support and sending all of the details on the issues I am seeing. It's been treated as hardware to this point and they are out of ideas so my issues are currently in engineering and support is awaiting a response. They have a ton of data from me so here's hoping they find the code bugs or hardware issues with my machine.

#6857 3 years ago

Has Lonnie ever done heavy shaker motor effects in his games? I own a Guardians as well and that one hardly uses it as well. Not sure if this is unusual for Lonnie or what.

#6862 3 years ago

I think it's partially right. You do want to reduce the spacer height for the ones that go into the bushings. You shouldn't have to lean the demo forward at all though. Also remove the spacer on the one way gate under the demogorgon. The one that stops it from coming forward. It's not needed. I would also recommend clearing up the flashing inside the mouth.

#6885 3 years ago

Munsters too. One of the better toppers and that machine never even got a good code update. I can tell you there are more stranger things machines around at bars than munsters.

#6895 3 years ago

Software at launch was very basic. It has come a long way in the last year. I think a lot of people still hating on the game only played early versions of it. Also include the mechanical issues and the initial experience wasn't that great.

#6927 3 years ago

I don't see anything about the bugs that have been reported by others or my issues. Stern has been quiet for the last 2 weeks so I was hoping for something on the issues I've been seeing. Last I heard support was pinging engineering for an update but that was 5 days ago. Not holding my breath at this point. Will download and test it tho hoping...

Interested to hear if the shaker really is improved. One update I would do to mine if it's worthwhile.

#6936 3 years ago

Just played the wizard challenge. Very cool. Once you complete no snowball dance unfortunately but that's probably a good thing. Managed 560 mil on my first go and was somehow dialed in on all the shots. I'm sure it's the last time I'll complete it for a while lol.

#6953 3 years ago

I played for a while last night and all of the issues I was seeing are still happening. Still getting the double pops on the up post, still getting word completions and demo starts, still getting missed demogorgon shots.

It's a great update though. I feel like the high score screens are even scrolling more smoothly now. The new bonuses are really bonuses now which is great.

#6991 3 years ago

I wish it would just hold them all once ball lock is activated. Simple code update would definitely take care of that. Maybe one day. If it doesn’t no huge deal. Still love the game and glad it’s in my home. I need to start watching the show and get deeper into the rules and modes.

If they did that then you couldn't advance the modes for the ramp. I think the ball lock works well now for the pro. The tk lock on the le is really what you want.

Had a pretty good game last night lol. I'm not consistent at all though. I'm player one and two.

IMG_20201225_231537678 (resized).jpgIMG_20201225_231537678 (resized).jpg

#7032 3 years ago

First ball auto launches for me for all people. It's part of the start of the mode.

1 week later
#7167 3 years ago

I'm surprised they added lockbar button stuff. Can't say anything I've been wanting but cool none the less. The swipe feature is LE only. Pro's just get the bomb

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pretty much
I will check it out when I get home this evening. Hopefully, Pinball Browser can open it. Still bummed no video mode. Seems less and less likely we will get that

I just tried opening it in PB 7.70 and there is no sounds tab.

#7176 3 years ago

first total isolation comes from start 2 modes in each chapter for a total of 4 modes. You don't have to complete them just start them. You get an extra ball at 3 modes started.

TI2 is 4 modes for each chapter. Then there are the chapter wizard modes which require you to complete all 6 modes for a chapter. 2 more after TI2 for that chapters wizard mode. Complete those 2 wizard modes plus demodog, the 5 shot combo, and all demogorgon modes for final showdown total wizard mode.

#7178 3 years ago

Played a number of games and it looks like on the pro the one demo bomb kills 1 demogorgon only and is worth only 10 mil. Tried it on the first, third, and fourth demo modes and never saw higher than 10 mill. Definitely don't use it on the third as that is a waste. Going to try the second one. If locking in the super quick with the second that may be worth it.

Other than that I don't see any reason to save it for later.

#7180 3 years ago

Ha I might just use it to stop the blinking. My munsters and star wars have taught me that when that button flashes you smash it.

Honestly though, if there is a setting to turn it off I may do that. Not really liking that addition

#7186 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s awesome.
The new features are fun. I had two really fun games using both the swipe a ball and demo bomb in demogorgon 2.
You can use that demo bomb to lock in the jackpot values right away or press your luck and wait until you’re at the super and lock that in. The animation and callout when you use the swipe a ball is cool too.

I can see how the swipe is useful but the bombs feel like they were under pressure to use the button for anything and did the quickest thing they could think of. It's just not a worthwhile addition for me. Glad you like it

#7188 3 years ago

As far as I can tell you get one bomb per game. No earning it you get it for free.

And the issues I have been seeing, which most of which I now believe to be software issues, have not been addressed. I've seen them all in the games I've played tonight.

#7197 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It seems like it can't be code or all pros would have the same issues, and they do not. Sucks he's having issues, but I do not see how it could be code related.

I'm not the only one seeing the problems and I'm glad to know that that I am not. I've had a number of messages outside the forum about it. My guess is most people are just not noticing the issues. I also play in a very specific way that I don't see people doing on the streams which would certainly show the issue more often.

I can tell you exactly what is wrong with the code.

For the double up post pops... There is very little debounce of the 2 optos at the up post so if the ball hits it fast and bounces back the code gets confused and does a release.of the up post without the flasher and sound effects. Some time s the ball can sneak past if it's moving fast. The code needs to be able to handle the ball bouncing back and triggering in this way

For the double word completion/ word completed demo start situations... There can be some crazy spin on the ball which can cause the ball to bounce around under the demo sometimes. I notice this a lot because I like to sneak past the drops constantly. I'll never attempt to clear the drops. If the ball is spinning or moving slow through the under demogorgon area it can cause a double trigger. Simple debounce fix here as well or even to ignore a second demogorgon exit opto when nothing else has been triggered

The only issue I am still having trouble finding a physical issue that could be fixed by code are the missed triggers. I've seen it with the demo exit opto and mystery target. This issue is not as common in the last 2 releases and may have been fixed.... Now that I say that I'll see it lol

Stern has been no help with these issues. I have spent hours studying slow motion video, regular play video, and testing. All of this info sent to stern. Not to mention taking the machine apart more times than I would have ever have liked to. I'm convinced the top 2 are code issues now. Engineering is still yet to get back to me on the switch test problems.

#7200 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Your switch issue is definitely a weird one. I’ve watched some of the videos you posted a while back. Don’t you even get word completions when the ball isn’t even around that switch? I think I saw you hit the post near the drops or something and a word completed.
I have only seen a double word completion on a single shot if I happen to drop the final letter of a word to get one then the opto gives me another one as it passes by the opto afterwards. Pro or LE. Same thing.
I get the double post pop ups too but it’s never caused things to score or start that shouldn’t have. Once the ball settles on the post, it sees it, and releases it like normal.

I don't get word completions like that. It has to go under the demogorgon and it's due to a double trigger of the long throw opto right before the one way gate. For a while we (stern support and I) thought that opto was intermittent but I've replaced it twice and swapped my node boards and the issue persists. When you see the double word completion you can watch the ball slowly role down past the one way gate after the word is competed. I like to knock the second drop down and sneak the ball past the other 3 and I think that's hitting the rail in such a way that it's causing tremendous spin on the ball. One thing I've been thinking of doing is waxing the rail under the demogorgon to try and reduce the spin but the reality is the code is allowing that opto to be triggered twice in a row without any other switching being triggered. Seems like it would be a simple fix.

The double up post is definitely related to fast balls hitting the post and bouncing there as well. This could also be fixed by fixing those two optos to handle this scenario. Not as game breaking as the first issue.

I have no reason for when I shoot the mystery shot and it doesn't register or shoot under the demo to start the mode and that doesn't register.

None of these are game breaking but they are annoying as hell. I also play for hours a night on this machine and have well over 3k games on it just me playing (that was back in early December) so that might also be a reason I see it more often than others.

#7202 3 years ago

I was thinking of removing that one way gate as well. It may make the problem worse though if the ball is bouncing hard enough to go back that far.

The mystery one was strange. It happened to me twice in one game and hard to say if it's related to the opto missing the trigger. It was on the final shot for one of the shorter modes either turn up the heat or lure dart where you have to shoot the mystery target. Shot it twice cleanly and the shot was completely ignored. I think those require the standup to be hit. I thought that one might be a random code bug as well since I only saw it that one time and there were multiple things going on. Pretty sure demodog was running and the demogorgon was ready but I have not been able to replicate outside that game.

Yeah just odd stuff.

#7204 3 years ago

You have to also understand that due to the issues my machine has had, that stern has agreed are strange, I am hyper aware of any time something doesn't work as it should.

#7224 3 years ago

After having to buy the uv kit separately I do hope they charge a more sane price for the topper. I'm not the target market tho as I don't buy toppers to begin with.

#7257 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Is there a video anywhere of how to actually remove the Demogorgon to get at those washers. My temporary rope fix need to be a permanent fix and I don't know where to start on removing the toy.
Thank you

No video that I know of. There are two nuts under the playfield and one screw on top. The screw on top is the only one hard to get to and I don't recommend putting it back after you remove it as the nuts hold it on enough. You will need to remove the plastics around the demogorgon the first time to get at that screw. It's behind the demogorgon and to the left.

#7290 3 years ago

I have mine at 6.6 degrees at the flippers (6.7 at the drops). The bubble just partially in the top area. I'd guess the pic above is getting close to 7 degrees

#7304 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I had a strange one yesterday...
I've been running Stern's 1.02 code (on the stock SD card) since it's release without issue. Last night the machine would not boot up AT ALL.
I swapped out the SD card with the one I put Cleland's 1.01 code on and the machine booted up no problem.
Apparently the stock card had become corrupted??
I re-flashed the stock card with the 1.02 image from Stern's site and the machine booted up perfectly.
I've owned 10 Sterns and I always update to the latest code. This is a first for me

The SD Cards that sterns ship with are not high quality. My machine would not boot at least once a week when I first got it. Sometimes power cycling didn't do anything. Replaced the sd card with a class 10 and I've never had an issue since. I don't have one stern sd card in my machines right now.

#7306 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Without going through the whole thread (thank you), what are some tricks to blowing this thing up? Got 425 million on one of my first plays without really knowing the ruleset, and now that I am paying more attention to starting modes etc. I'm struggling to crack 100. I did pitch the machine a little higher so it's a bit more punishing, but any tips or insights are greatly appreciated!

Completing modes is huge now since 1.0.1. The more you complete the higher the bonus. I've had single ball bonuses of over 130 million on 180 million score.

If the demo shot is good then the second demogorgon mode can be worth north of 140 mil if you sink the mouth shot twice real quick and complete it. The third demogorgon is worth 60-90 mil as well.

TK multiball seems to have been nerfed a lot as it used to be a main source of bonus scores. I prefer it this way now as I use it to complete some of the harder modes like save will, mirkwood, follow the compass. It can be worth huge points if quarter hunt is stacked with it.

#7334 3 years ago

2 paint cans work well if you have them laying around. The front sits on the service rails and the rear corners on the cans.

#7351 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well that was fun.
Ball kept getting stuck behind the demogorgon. No amount of nudging would let it out. After getting two caught back there, I had to tear the game apart to find that one of the gates popped off. [quoted image]

This is a known issue with the early machines. Have not heard issues with this in a while though. It can be adjusted to not pop out by stretching it out. Just make sure it doesn't bind when you put it back.

#7358 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Got the Quarter Hunt multiball stack tonight and had my best score yet (650 M) - thanks for the tip!
Starting to get into more of a groove with this game. It can be so damn frustrating when you just miss and the targets send you screaming SDTM. But man, when you really get into a flow it's like butter.

Try to get the 2x multi going with that too. It's a thing of beauty always be throwing a ball around burn it back. It's got so much to offer. Some of the things I love about the game are the strategic use of burn it back and the lane rollovers for mystery/bonus. Always be completing the lanes as well. This game has really forced me to focus on that and it's one of the things I've always ignored with afm for some reason.

I do kinda wish they added the flashing arrows for the combo since its hard to tell when that combo timer times out. No indication at the moment. There have been times I was sure I'd get it but didn't and don't know why.

#7436 3 years ago

The power supply fans are loud on newer sterns. There are kits to quiet it down if it bothers you. Here is one

https://pinmonk.com/products/spike-quiet-fan-plug-n-play-kit

Might as well get this at the same time since you will need it

https://pinmonk.com/products/tibetan-breeze-2-flipper-coil-cooling-kit

#7452 3 years ago

If your demo has issues you will know. Shots you are sure would go in don't. Now that it's adjusted properly on my machine I only miss when I know it's an off shot. Doesn't feel cheap when it's dialed in. From a cradle it should be near 100%.

Slow mo video will tell you if it's hitting hi or low. Mine was hitting low consistently so reducing the spacer height fixed it.

#7517 3 years ago

Since there appears to be a bunch of new owners in the thread I want to bring an issue for Pro owners back up to attention. If you have not done so I would highly recommend you remove the left entry ramp and add some mylar or some other protection to your ramp decal. On the pro the decal is affixed to the underside of the ramp and since the ramp touches the ball guide it will cut through the graphic eventually as you play. I noticed it on my machine after about 3000 plays. Stern sent me a replacement graphic but it is not fun removing the old one and putting the new one on.

IMG_20201122_211846126 (resized).jpgIMG_20201122_211846126 (resized).jpg

#7521 3 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Mine is wearing through, who did you contact at Stern.

I've been in constant contact with Pablo over my machines issues. I've had good luck submitting service requests through the contact us form to start with

https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/

#7594 3 years ago

Just saw that LZ is getting a lighting kit upgrade for the pro. Crazy that it's $450 for 50 led's and some art blades. Kinda makes the $280 uv kit seem like a steal lol. At least the Prem/LE got the lighting kit as part of the machine.

#7601 3 years ago

I have the stock plunger and have only seen the mxv skillshot twice. Both complete luck.

#7611 3 years ago
Quoted from Joeymonkey:

You are correct, sir. I feel like a dope. Thanks for the tip, Chuck.

Ok. time to dive back in. I really need you guys anytime I take the glass off of this. I'm so gun shy about messing with anything inside the machine. [quoted image]

Ha, I was new to this and had only worked on one pretty banged up f-14 before this machine. My munsters had never been a problem. I'm pretty sure no one has had their machine apart as much as me. I could take it apart in my sleep at this point. This one is quite easy to work on actually. Biggest thing I would say is if you have to remove the ramps make sure you wrap them with cloth or something before setting them down. I've had them off so many times I have no idea when I scratched the under side of them but wow did I do a doozy to it. Other than that my machine looks great still.

#7640 3 years ago

I'm hoping they flush out the demogorgon bombs a little bit more. I've explained how the bomb works, and there is not much to explain, several times now yet my wife and son keep hitting that lockbar every time that button flashes killing that first demogorgon and they are always like ... huh?. Make it something you can earn and worth the use. Maybe utilize the demodog modes to earn the bombs or something. Give people a reason to like those modes Sure give the first one for the newbies to kill the first demo but for those users that can complete the demodog modes let them re-earn it for use later in the game.

#7643 3 years ago

Not pinball people. They enjoy playing but don't study machines or have real strategies. Our first machine, munsters, taught them when that light flashes hit it. Same with star wars. So it flashes and their instinct is to hit it.

#7669 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Cointaker decal:
[quoted image]
Tilt Graphics decal:
[quoted image]
The Cointaker decal was pixelated but fit the ramp. I had to cut the corners for the rivets.
The Tilt Graphics decal looks good but obviously is not cut correctly. I’ll reach out and see what they say.
Are there different sizes ramps between models?

There are 2 different ramps. The original was shorter and all models got it early on. The replacement for the demogorgon "fix" is quite a bit longer. But all models should come with that one now.

#7688 3 years ago

I don't know if you all do this but I almost always play 2 player games choosing different strategies for each game. Tonight I had one of my closest games ever against myself lol. Player one was a purely mode based strategy and the vast majority of the points were due to bonuses from finishing modes. I had a pretty lucrative TK multiball at over 120 mil as well. The player 2 strategy was purely demogorgon modes. I'm pretty sure I didn't even finish one standard mode in that game. I completed the 5 demo modes and started in on the second round. Was preparing to do the third demo mode a second time when I drained the last ball. Dang drops lol. The demo only strategy is definitely riskier since those drops are so dangerous but in the end it won out tonight with just 1 extra ball. The player 1 had 2 extra balls but I was having trouble dialing in the right ramp and left orbit for some reason tonight so the bonus was low. I didn't even make it to the first total isolation on that game.

IMG_20210202_220841886 (1) (resized).jpgIMG_20210202_220841886 (1) (resized).jpg
#7703 3 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I never bought the uv kit. Are these still available?

looks like you have a pro. Little shop of games says they have it in stock for the pro
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/stern-accessories/stranger-things-pro-uv-lighting-kit-for-stern-pinball-machine-502-7118-q1/

#7728 3 years ago

It's not in depth by any means but deadflip did a quick beginners guide a few weeks ago. Until a more in depth one comes out it outlines the basics well

#7731 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

This is very brief but pretty much my understanding of the game.
2:23 completing your inlanes lights mystery. So that’s the 4 lanes?
Interesting to see the comparison to MM and AFM. I see MM as number 1 on the 100 list but the theme does nothing for me. I don’t think i would want a similar game experience (unless I had a decent collection) but I would be interested to know what the experience pinballers think about how ST compares to those other two. ST doesn’t get much love on the top 100. The ranking doesn’t matter to me because ST is my first love but still interesting.

The 4 lanes at the bottom. It's similar to AFM if you have ever played that to light mystery. There are 4 dice over the bottom 4 lanes. Light all 4 to light mystery or bonus X alternating. The flipper buttons control which lanes are lit. Basically never let the ball come down a ramp to a lit lane.

1 week later
#7877 3 years ago

I've got the pro and the game will never leave. Of my 4 it gets the most play time by far. The only way the pro would leave is if I was upgrading to the premium. And this is coming from someone who's had a lot of issues with the machine lol. I'll never be one of the first to get a machine again.

#7881 3 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

What kind of issues did you have? Are they issues that have been corrected?

Most of my issues appear to be unique to my machine and if you really wanna see what I've gone through it's all in this thread lol. As far as the common issues that most had on the early machines they all appear to have been addressed.

#7888 3 years ago

I hope that doesn't mean production of the machine is also ending. I can't imagine playing it without the uv kit and would not order one if a kit was not available. Honestly it should have been part of the base package.

#7947 3 years ago

no fix, happens to me a lot. I've reported it to Brian Eddy at Stern along with a number of other issues around the demogorgon. Hope they do fix it.

#7954 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

Well I just may have found a tweak that will help with the demogorgon failed shots. On my machine when I was in test mode I noticed the Demodog targets in the middle, if hit just right seems to be activating like spinner hits, multiple shots registered with one hit, and then a center lane shot in the middle of all of them. Must be confusing the software. Closer introspection the targets seems to bounce like they are on a spring. If the target switch is sensitive it creates multiple hits. Also the foam backing didnt seem to help much like it should. I added another piece of foam, and made the switch less sensitive. Seems to have helped fix this issue on my game.

On my machine there are a number of switches that are doing that. I sent Stern a switch test video where I showed clearly one hit registering as several while activating the switch with my fingers. The optos are also doing the same thing. I've adjusted the switches as well to no difference as I don't think it's a mechanical issue. None of my other stern machines have this switch test problem so not sure what it could be. I've swapped node boards on Sterns suggestion without any change in behavior. Same switches are doing it.

#7963 3 years ago
Quoted from Leachdude:

That is very odd. They didn't suggest trying a different CPU?

The last I heard from Pablo back in December the videos were sent to engineering. I've asked him several times since and he's said he's not heard back yet. Even sent the video to Brian and have not heard back on that either.

#7964 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I doubt this will help but maybe something to check. When I got my TWD everytime I hit the riot shot it would register as a barn hit and vise versa. Further inspection I found the switches were put in the wrong lanes. Maybe it could be your issue also.

We checked the switches are correct in switch test and 90% of the time the game works correctly.

#7973 3 years ago

Yeah, my guardians has a lot of the same delays and hiccups if you pay close attention. Seems it was the base for this game if you look at it in pinball browser. Cherry bomb audio is in the file still lol. I do hope they do some optimization around those optos. There are so many of them around the demogorgon.

#8014 3 years ago

I just purchased a Guardians back in November from one of our local distributors. I got a few hundred off the website listed prices but he said the new year those discounts would probably be going away.

#8036 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

On stock settings it’s much easier to get there. Pretty common to get 3-4 EBs in a game.

lol for you maybe. I commonly get 2 and sometimes 3 and almost never 4. I've never seen the chapter mini wizard modes.

#8126 3 years ago

The cars are getting hard to find on amazon and not generally in the sub $10 price range. I've seen them at Walmart locally but that was a number of months ago when they had the Stranger Things displays up.

https://www.amazon.com/Jada-Toys-JADA31114-Stranger-HOPPERS/dp/B08KDW96CS
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31114-Hoppers-Chevrolet-Blazer-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car/681537915

Billy's car is getting a lot harder to find
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Jada-31113-Billys-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z28-Metallic-Stranger-Things-TV-Series-Hollywood-Rides-1-by-32-Diecast-Model-Car-44-Dark-Blue/572985789

Probably the best deal out there right now for both that I could see
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Stranger-Things-Diecast-Toy-Car-Package-Two-1-32-Scale-Diecast-Model-Cars/195055352

#8135 3 years ago

The cars have a plastic mount that they come on in the packaging. I used a clear command strip to mount mine using that packaging mount. Non permanent and does no damage to the clear ramps. Just another option

IMG_20200613_222400445-1 (resized).jpgIMG_20200613_222400445-1 (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_083004401_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20210223_083004401_HDR (resized).jpg
#8142 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Looks like godzilla just rolled through town.

When I'm not working on pins these days I'm usually messing with the trains (which is also a really expensive hobby btw. Pins take it though). Hopper and Billy have been hanging out on the table for the last few months while I've been having to do all the work with those optos. Hoping to get them back on the machine soon. I do miss them being there when I play.

IMG_20170930_233255843 (resized).jpgIMG_20170930_233255843 (resized).jpg
#8160 3 years ago

I'm glad to see the machine selling now. It's a great machine destroyed by the pinside mob. For a while there last year Stranger Things was the only machine my distributor was saying he could get with a quick turnaround. Not TNMT no AIQ no nothing else. Apparently there was tons of stock NST.

#8169 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Joining the club soon! Picking up my brother's buddy's sweet Pro with UV kit and less than 200 plays....

I was able to find both cars at reasonable prices ($7.95 each) here;
https://www.diecastdirect.com/category/s?keyword=stranger+things
Only bummer was $7.95 shipping. Still, wound up only being $12 per vehicle, which isn't that bad compared to what I'm seeing on eBay.
Later,
EV

Cool, I saw that site but wasn't sure of the safety of it. Looked legit tho. A Last year I picked up both for under 20 shipped via Prime from amazon. Surprised to see the price surging on them but diecast tends to do that.

#8224 3 years ago

I got a November build of a Guardians that is good except for ribbing on the playfield. Clear is tough and not pooling though. Doesn't effect playing just not that smooth shiny clear. From what I've seen it's common on the LZ's as well so not sure how common it is.

#8249 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I'd be curious on this too.. I replaced the mylar under it already. Would like to dial it back a little.. thanks.

There's not a lot of adjustment you can do to it. The ramp uses end stop switches that have blades on them. You can adjust it a little by bending the blades but the nub that hits the blades is not very big so even large changes in the blade doesn't result in big changes in the ramp movement.

#8293 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s only supposed to award when you get the skill shot then it immediately bounces into the saucer on the left. Maybe that saucer switch needs adjustment

Seems to me like it's working correctly. It was still quick enough to trigger the mxv skill shot and it didn't hit any other switches. I've managed it the same way before. Seems certain pitches make that more common. I have mine right at 6.5 at the slings currently and I rarely see that skill shot at all but I had it much steeper for a while and saw the ricochet happen frequently.

#8326 3 years ago

No word of a code update in this months Stern of the Union. There are some code improvements and bugs with temperamental hardware I'd like to see fixed yet. Hope it's not done done but seems like it may be.

#8342 3 years ago

I don't see the similarities and wouldn't compare them at all. I am not a fan of SW to begin with but layout and how the code makes you shoot are extremely different. Played SW a ton in league and it has never clicked with me.

I am not a fan of iron maidens music but really like the pin when I don't have to hear it lol. If it had stayed the archer theme I would own it right now.

#8369 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thank you! very helpful. Game sounds awesome. Didn't realize the demo modes had so much variety compared to the AFM saucer, that is great to hear. The right ramp looks exactly like the AFM right ramp so I think I know exactly what you mean with it being inconsistent to hit. Not a bad thing necessarily. Also, what don't you love about the demodog modes? Do they come up all the time?

The first two demodog modes don't bother me. You can get some good points if you time it right and it's usually pretty easy map pieces to get. I like to take it into an existing chapter mode or tk multiball if I can, then it just completes in the background. The third one I rarely see since I don't actively shoot for it.

#8380 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm going to pull demo out to remove shims. Is there any other was besides removing that topside hex/slotted screw? I really don't want to touch anything near TK lock ramp since it's perfect.
I will get the screw out. No way my fat fingers will get it back in, aside from a magnetic swivel socket which I ordered.

The screw is not needed. The two nuts under the playfield hold it firmly in place. No need to put it back.

#8412 3 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Haha mines at 30 also. Was playing late last night with no complaints.

Hopefully its built on or after 3/6/2020. Mine needed no fixes outta the box. Install the uv kit asap because like other say it's a game changer. Also I advise against clear rubber on this title.

I've got the titan glow on my flippers and slings and love it. Takes some getting used to.

#8422 3 years ago

The glow on the flippers took some getting used to. Looked odd at first but with the uv on it's awesome. Some people do all the rubbers but I like the black for the rest. There are not a lot of rubbers on this game. It's crazy how few.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/1628

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from C-Note:

Recently joined the club and shopping around for mods. Has anyone come up with any cool ideas to put on the lockbar? I think I saw something like a silhouette of the gang riding bikes at one of the modshops but maybe I imagined it.

I remember seeing that one as well but I have not found it for sale anywhere. I'd be interested in it too

#8448 3 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have stock balls. Giggity
When do you know your balls are magnetized. As a noob I have no idea what to look for. Game count?
As a replacement... titan standard shiny balls??

You will know they are magnetized when they start kind of sticking to other balls when in multiple or hanging up on metal. I've seen some really odd things from magnetized balls. For games with magnets I've been real happy with these

https://ballbaron.com/product/pinball-carbon/

I use the ninjas in my non magnet games.

#8556 3 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pre/LE look amazing, but I've had the Pro since Jan. 2020 and absolutely love it. Still enjoy it today like the day I brought it home - I have over 1,200 games on this (mostly mine)... Installed the UV kit recently, and it's definitely a next-level upgrade.

Same here. I got my pro in January 2020 and even with all the issues I've had with mine I still love it and I have almost 4,000 games on it mostly me. I've had the UV kit since it was released though. Definitely a mandatory upgrade

#8608 3 years ago
Quoted from Munsters:

Nice! Today i bought hopper’s chevy 1:32 jada toys. Any idea how to mount this car? Thought doublesize tape but maybe there is an better way?

Basically anything clear that is removable. I used clear command strips https://www.amazon.com/Command-Replacement-Strips-Re-Hang-17022CLR-16ES/dp/B00IGIT09A

#8633 3 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

Nothing happened, just wanted it mint so did a custom blackout and clearcoat on a new pf.
Just noticed they change the entry point and hole for te demo harness...interesting

Mind taking comparison pics? I'd be interested in seeing what's different

#8662 3 years ago

Exactly! Someone with a 3D printer needs to make one.

The mounts they came with were more than enough for me. Curious where you all want to put them that would require something else

#8675 3 years ago

So you just used the mounts that came with the cars themselves? I didn’t buy the ones already modded. I bought mine directly from target and Walmart. Only mount in it was the plastic piece that secured it to the cardboard. That wouldn’t work.

I got mine from Amazon and used the plastic cardboard mounts that came with it. I think I had to dremel the screws shorter but that was about it. Once I put it back together I used clear command strips to mount on the ramps. Simple, clean, and non destructive

#8695 3 years ago

Anyone else having that ball guide led closest to the flipper on the left side flickering? I've seen Deadflip's machine doing it as well. Same light. Stern told me it was likely a bad socket so they sent me 5 spare sockets and a bunch of led's. I finally got around to replacing it last week because I had to purchase a long nose stapler to replace the staples under the left flipper mech. Got it all replaced including a brand new led, made sure the light was centered in the hole to reduce vibration, and here we are less than a week later and it's flickering again. Flickers on ball hits to the slings, flipper actuation, and balls in the lane.

Really frustrating

#8702 3 years ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

one bulb on the right inlane guide was flickering for me. I just stretched the spring in the socket. Had almost all of them flickering on my iMDN

I'll give that a try and if it doesn't work...

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try a socket that stern didn’t buy. Haha. I’ve replaced stern sockets by the flippers with pinball life ones. No issues.

I'll look into this. Thanks

#8718 3 years ago

You can turn it off in the settings and even change how quickly it is moving. I have hit the tip of the ramp multiple times and other than some glinting it's not bent it.

I had issues with it turned off where the ramp would get stuck half way up if a ball was under the ramp when it was coming down. No way to finish the mode when that happens. I've seen it get stuck in the regular mode but since the code is resetting all the time the ramp will start moving again. I've reported that to Brian but not sure if it will get fixed or not. I'd recommend slowing it down but not shut off completely.

#8839 3 years ago

Topper looks cooler than I was expecting.

#8937 3 years ago

yeah, I seem to get add a ball, add time, and bonus x the most. Mystery is not so mysterious lol. From about 2800 games

171 MYSTERY: LIGHT SPECIAL 0 0% OF GAMES
172 MYSTERY: LIGHT EXTRA BALL 5 0% OF GAMES
173 MYSTERY: BIG POINTS 114 4% OF GAMES
174 MYSTERY: INCREASE SPINNER VALUE 45
175 MYSTERY: BONUS X 119
176 MYSTERY: ADD-A-BALL 658
177 MYSTERY: ADD MORE TIME 148
178 MYSTERY: ADVANCE DART 88
179 MYSTERY: LOCK BALL 11
180 MYSTERY: MULTIBALL 12
181 MYSTERY: ELEVEN 0
182 MYSTERY: COLLECT DRAWING 2
183 MYSTERY: BONUS HOLD 45
184 MYSTERY: SAVE LIT 92
185 MYSTERY: 5-WAY COMBO 15
186 MYSTERY: MODE_START 13
187 MYSTERY: B. IT B. LIT 50
188 MYSTERY: START BULLS@!T 19
189 MYSTERY: D.DOG ATTACK LIT 18
190 MYSTERY: UPSIDE DOWN 24
191 MYSTERY: D.G. READY 9

One thing I have noticed is the bonus hold doesn't seem to actually hold all the time. I think that one has a bug

#8939 3 years ago

The last time I got it I don't think anything was added to my bonus on the next ball at all and I definitely had mode scoring in there. It's one of those mysteries that I roll my eyes at each time I get it. Same with the increase spinner. At least they don't happen often lol but more than b.s. mode which I would love to see more

#8979 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Boo. One more demerit in the Lonnie column.

Brian said they were planning at least one more update last I heard from him. Sounded like it would be mostly bug fixes. Hoping my issues get resolved heh.

#9010 3 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Getting my premium in about a month. Question on cleland code...we own GOTG and cleland's is a MUST HAVE! Is it the same for STh?

I have gotg as well. Cleland does a great job integrating the music and audio in both. IMHO stranger things is much more subdued than guardians but that is not a bad thing. They are different games and both are well done and complement each other.

#9049 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How is the right orbit working for most of you? I find that very rarely I get a clean shot, often there is a lot of thunk-clunk bounce but it does make it through at speed albeit not so smoothly as in other orbits, lol. Maybe it just need a perfect shot ? I did have a few clean ones but they are not the majority.
Mind you it might be just my poor aim / how the ball travels, so maybe that is it... lol
Other than that my game is flawless and learning the rules (seems very simple).
My balls times are not very long at the moment... Outlane post came put in in the hardest setting, did you guys adjust them... the out lanes are merciless.

I had to align the demodog targets on both ramps so they were straight. Mine were all angled outward which made the right orbit even tighter than it needed to be and made weak shots to the burn it back come back SDTM. With the demodog targets properly aligned the right orbit is not so tight and the ball will hit the back of the target near BIB and go to the left flipper instead. Aligning those targets made a huge difference on my game. Left ramp isn't as big a deal but it's easy to align them so I recommend it.

#9073 3 years ago

Yeah, the "upgraded" longer ramp didn't fix anything and actually created more problems for me. Adjust the demo by changing the height via the spacers is the best option. Higher if it's shooting high and lower if it is shooting low.

#9216 3 years ago

I put cliffy on the shooters lane since day one and I am debating whether it is worth it or not to do in my Stth, not because I do not want to look after the game... I am just not sure they add any real protection... Might just do mylar.
what is the general opinion.
Also got my first 500M game today, total blast.

I think the shooter lane protection is worthwhile. I have it on my munsters and the shooter lane has no wear at all. My st though I do not and I have some clear damage after.over 3k games and I put mylar down. Will be ordering a set for my other games. Def turn the trough power all the way down as well.

1 week later
#9311 3 years ago

I've got close to 2500 plays on my glow in the dark titans now. One of the slings started to separate a while back. I started rotating them a bit each time I clean and they have lasted. Will need to replace soon though.

#9359 3 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Pro owners... has anyone had the up-post get stuck?
My up-post seems to get stuck in the up position (maybe 50% of the time). It isn't catching on the ramp. I'll inspect the assembly tomorrow but just curious if this is common.
When it gets stuck, any jostling will release it. So if I am playing, I know to hit the flippers if the post doesn't drop. That coil strike is enough of a shake to get the post to drop.

I have not had that happen on this machine but I have on my munsters which uses a similar up post mech, just not as tall. I took the mech apart and cleaned it and have not had the issue since. There is not a lot to it. Good luck.

1 week later
#9472 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I can confirm that Pablo is awesome.
Very responsive to my emails. He already sent me the new ramp cover. Unfortunately my SD card went bad too, so he is also sending me a replacement for that.
With my STh being out of commission for the last week, it makes me realize how much I really love the pin. I need my STh fix!

Honestly, do yourself a favor and buy a high quality sd card. I've had 3 new in boxes over the last 2 years with 2 dead sd cards which each caused different, strange issues. Once replaced no problems. Some audio stuttering also went away once replaced. Stern SD cards get thrown away before I even start up the machine.

#9483 3 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

Now....I need advice on one more game (Want a Spike). I love flow and shots that aren't too difficult. Looks like it might be Munsters. Liked GoTG from the theme and shot layout, but it seems to be a more difficult game to get good flow going. Thoughts?

I own both machines in the pro model. Guardians does not flow as nicely as Munsters but the code on guardians is way better. Guardians has so many ways to attack it and some I really suck at which makes it a fun challenge. The shots are tight though and it can take time to dial in the shots. Rocket in particular. Some days I'm on it and some days I can't hit it to save my life.

Munsters is incredibly shallow but fun to shoot and incredibly reliable. Once you get to munster madness there is just not much more to see as the game just resets and repeats with slightly increased scoring from there on. Munsters is more of a throwback where the real goal is not the "wizard" mode but how well you can collect those supers, stack the playfield multipliers, and cash in just at the right moment. When all of that is happening together it's a blast to play. That said it would be the first one on the chopping block if I had to get rid of one but the family and friends would probably make me get rid of guardians. Less experienced players and friends that come over just love the munsters. Plus both ramps are very satisfying to hit. The only real challenging shot is the dragula.

All that said my Stranger Things has nearly 4k plays against 2k for munsters and 1k for guardians. I've had munsters 2 years, NST 1 year 3 months, and guardians I got in November. NST still gets the most play by me in the house.

#9633 2 years ago

Without a level just center the bubble between the lines. It's supposed to be close to 6.5 at the center bubble. On mine I found it to be more like 6.2-6.3. It's meant as a quick measurement tool for ops to do the initial setup. It's more important for it to be level left to right than perfectly 6.5

#9649 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

I love the cleland mod but to be honest I prefer the factory sounds for when you lose the ball too quick, such as “let’s try that again”. Is there a way to keep all the cleland mods except for that one thing? Not a dealbreaker and the clelands mod is awesome but just askin’

Sure, you can download pinball browser and take the two versions, compare them, and put the originals back where you want them. It's not that hard to use pinball browser but it will take some time.

#9659 2 years ago

Wow 5? I've never seen five on my machine but I have not factory reset since Feb 2020. Mine is set to auto and I have never seen it less than 10 and it's usually more than that. The 3 mode extra ball is the one I go for first.

#9666 2 years ago

burn it back loop is not something I've ever had to adjust on my machine. It's always been very smooth. The only thing I did was make sure the left target on the right ramp was centered in the hole so slow balls hit it and bounce to the left flipper instead of SDTM

#9669 2 years ago
Quoted from dinot:

My burn it back (from the left flipper) is smooooooooth. I have an early-ish Pro

smooth from my right flipper too. Easy shot to backhand

#9704 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

C0untDeM0net - Thanks again for the tip. I decided to go ahead and try it this morning. All went well. Have the cleland running with the exception of the ball save audios, which are set to the factory originals. Pretty cool to be able to further tweak things!

Nice, Pinball Browser is awesome to use.

#9712 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Well I need to report awesome customer service from Pablo. My DG shots always go high so I asked Pablo and he asked for side pics of the ramp. He says it's wrong and is sending a replacement. Woot!
Our success rate on the Demogorgan shot is around 2-3%

do yourself a favor and just do the spacer fix. The replacement ramp didn't fix anything for me. Takes maybe 30 minutes to do and is well documented in this thread.

#9715 2 years ago

yeah the spacer fix can go both ways. I used my phone camera which has slow mo to determine exactly what was happening on mine but you can definitely adjust the spacers for hitting high or low. I've also had a bad ramp which didn't sit flush either so that does happen too. Good luck hope the new ramp fixes it.

#9855 2 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

I think you'll find out that the pin's code isn't suited for "jukebox modes". It's not as if you usually play a mode all the way thru without interruptions like other games. I find many game events will interrupt a mode song and then start another audio track. Like starting a mode, then getting into a Demogorgon or Demidog mode.
In the Cleland mix, there's a few songs for modes - Whip It during the Quarter mode; another song during Where's Barb....drain shortly after starting the mode, and that's the only bit of the song you'll hear.
Certainly try it out and I'd even be interested in trying out your version if you make it available. I find that using the High Score entry and Match scene for playing songs works nicely. My match scene with the attract videos is very fun while it plays 1min30sec+ of Twist of Fate.

If you are not completing the modes you are giving up huge bonus possibilities. It's not uncommon for me to double my score early on with bonus. 100-200 million bonuses are common for me. I always try to complete modes and collect those map pieces. Quarter hunt, combined with tk multiball and double scoring can be huge.

#9857 2 years ago

I have not been having that problem but I focus on completing the modes. The cleland songs play pretty much all the way thru most of the time.

#9866 2 years ago

3800 games played on mine and the upper half of the open play field is starting to look like orange peel, lower half near the flippers has craters everywhere. It'll be a while before that area orange peels. Ramp flaps have also taken a beating.

Love this game, seems to be smoothing out.

#9874 2 years ago

yeah, I just need to order those! purple is my favourite color because it is my daughter's favourite color, lol...
I also going to replace a couple lamp sockets... I am getting the occasional flicker on the inline lights, these are under the flipper assembly I think so I will replace them all..
Any recommendations?

I've struggled with the flipper lane lights on all of my sterns. I've replaced the sockets and still flickering. I'd start by replacing the LED's with ones from Comet pinball. Since replacing with those I've not had any flicker so maybe sterns bulbs just suck.

#9974 2 years ago

hey guys, now that everything works I am putting more attention on things I did not care about before...
I think my demo can be angled back a a tiny bit, I do get a lot of balls in the mouth, but I also see a good bunch bouncing off the top.
How difficult is to take the demo out to add the washers? do I have to take all ramps off? I really have not had time to explore that and also had 1 really good gin and soda, all that to say, I won't be doing that tonight unless I want to install the demo facing the other way...
Also, how are the switches located for you on the right ramp? I think mine should be moved a bit.. Maybe? [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I centered the switches in the slots. Made a big difference in a few spots.

Removing the demogorgon the first time is time consuming but not hard. 2 nuts on the bottom and 1 screw on top to remove it. The left entry and exit ramps need to be loosened to get it athat screw cleanly as well as the plastics surrounding the demogorgon. Just don't put the play field screw back when you are done. It's really not needed. The two lock nuts on the back will hold it fine so the next time it's just those two nuts and you are done

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

829 posts in this topic match your search for posts by c0untdem0net. You are on page 2 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider c0untdem0net.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/2?tu=c0untdem0net and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.