7AC712B5-E6C3-4F0F-BAAD-3A827DDE8103 (resized).jpeg
D163FE96-020D-44A3-8493-51D18306BFA0 (resized).jpeg
DA87710D-17BA-4BC4-A593-321BB35299D4 (resized).png
EE919C78-3156-48BE-BE85-774BF2989E9C (resized).png
IMG_7095 (resized).JPG
IMG_7094 (resized).JPG
134804bf4b1cf755803d72aafd1103ebdb3a6a51 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 317.
#1401 2 years ago

I'm officially frustrated and I really like this game. My foam fix was short lived. We are now back to hitting it at about 1 in 100 rate. I'm at a 6.7 pitch now. I need a code fix where if you hit it 10 times in 60 seconds you kill it. And a huge bonus if you get it in the hole.

#1402 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I've had target garphics on my pro fly off as well. Very strange

6ECC8452-B465-4210-85BF-93311230D97C (resized).jpeg7E3FE2D2-59DE-41C4-BA6A-7AF194189280 (resized).jpeg
#1403 2 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's ridiculous. They'll "fix it" by using non-stickered standups on all games.

#1405 2 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

[quoted image][quoted image]

They must not be cleaning the plastic before attaching the stickers. On mine the ones that flew off were rediculously hard to peel off the playfield so it's not a sticker problem. Never had an issue like this with my other stern machine.

#1406 2 years ago

Yeah I agree. That’s why I used alcohol before replacing.

#1407 2 years ago

Hit what I think is a bug today. Since the demo is nearly impossible right now if it gets started it stays indefinitely I was continuing to go for modes. Left ramp started monster Hunter which requires hitting the drop targets. Can't hit them because the demo is down and can't hit the demo to remove so screwed for that mode...

#1408 2 years ago

Got mine last weekend. My first NIB experience and my whole weekend (3 days) was filled with unboxing, moving it to the attic, playing, modding, playing and loving the game. I became very scared by watching all negative comments on the forum and the recent video by Cary Hardy but this turned out to be really not true. I think the game is great, great lighting, superb music and call-outs (I love the upside down), shots are really doable, layout is great, modes fit the theme, art.

Added some improvements though:
- Subwoofer (JBL Stage 810)
- Transparent flipper buttons with led
- Trough lighting
- Transparant rubbers
- Shaker motor
- Art blades
- Transparent droptargets with purple lighting (will elaborate this mod in a next post)
- Removed those ugly washers beneath the slingshot plastics
- Added a sheet of PDI glass
- Replaced the red flasher caps for purple ones.

Must dial in the demogorgon toy as it is nowhere to be hit correctly and I see myself avoiding the demogorgon.
94CD6400-3256-42A1-A54A-7E9BC520688F (resized).jpeg14C25384-3261-4DCD-B9FC-F57FAF931F90 (resized).jpeg612DFC6D-2A57-4188-9F09-690F3AEF30AC (resized).jpeg

#1409 2 years ago

Allright, some mods then.

The transparant drop targets mod is fairly moderate to install. Remove the drop target bank as a whole and replace the drop targets. Because of the fact these do not block the light the opto's will not register them!!! So you need to ADD some black paint to block the light from the opto through the extension of the drop target (see second picture).
Then add four fittings, I added them conveniently to the opto board on the drop target mechanism (see first picture). Now add some bendies and bend them so that they don't contact other items on the playfield. Solder them together and tie them to the GI (to the PURPLE GI!!)
Result is in pics 3 and 4.

Trough lighting result in the last picture.

8577B183-DBE6-4792-9CDE-156466519AF0 (resized).jpegE937B060-85FD-428D-A10F-B9541BD78DA0 (resized).jpeg42E8B698-001F-458F-B85E-89336F97D3A9 (resized).jpegBA4D21A8-E306-4BC8-9216-10533D269E91 (resized).jpeg399CED72-18B4-411D-84BF-AFF5C830590E (resized).jpeg2648E723-A55D-4F71-81B1-722413879781 (resized).jpeg
#1410 2 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I'm officially frustrated and I really like this game. My foam fix was short lived. We are now back to hitting it at about 1 in 100 rate. I'm at a 6.7 pitch now. I need a code fix where if you hit it 10 times in 60 seconds you kill it. And a huge bonus if you get it in the hole.

Look my last post and remove the hexa screw under the demogorgon. Keep your foam and you will be able to kill the demo 100%.

#1411 2 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Best Game Eva!

Who's Eva?

#1412 2 years ago

I also got my le Friday #226. Spent all night on it and a few hours Sunday. I was also worried about my purchase with all the negative threads. I couldn’t be happier with the machine. No real issues here. Demogorgan can be hit from both sides in 3-5 shots. The ball lock magnet works great and plenty of call outs and modes and video play. I did need to re focus the projector. Took about 10 min for me but it was also the first machine I was ever in. A experienced pinballer could do it in 5 min. Any how just wanted to put it out there that the game is awesome. Oh yeah I also adjusted the projector targets one by one left right up down and rotate. Super easy to get the projector to exactly center on the targets.

Also can anyone tell me how to lite the 2x playfield. I have done it a few times but not sure what exactly unlocks it.

2806EEF4-CD1E-48B5-9A42-3EC4643FA154 (resized).jpeg3BC5DEE8-63CD-4504-A75A-83B081DC3A41 (resized).jpegB8933AA9-96CC-4185-B780-06958D614774 (resized).jpegEC18444E-DDE3-43F9-B6DE-FFAFE5E35639 (resized).jpeg
#1413 2 years ago

2x playfield is via the burn it back loop to the right of the drops. Hit it enough and it will light the saucer to start 2x playfield. Not sure how many burn it backs. Maybe 5-6

#1414 2 years ago
Quoted from Wakecamp:

I also got my le Friday #226. Spent all night on it and a few hours Sunday. I was also worried about my purchase with all the negative threads. I couldn’t be happier with the machine. No real issues here. Demogorgan can be hit from both sides in 3-5 shots. The ball lock magnet works great and plenty of call outs and modes and video play. I did need to re focus the projector. Took about 10 min for me but it was also the first machine I was ever in. A experienced pinballer could do it in 5 min. Any how just wanted to put it out there that the game is awesome. Oh yeah I also adjusted the projector targets one by one left right up down and rotate. Super easy to get the projector to exactly center on the targets.
Also can anyone tell me how to lite the 2x playfield. I have done it a few times but not sure what exactly unlocks it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Review!!

For the rules (WIP): http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

#1415 2 years ago

I just submitted my gameplay review in the top 100 thread. For what it's worth, STH's is rated as 258 overall. There are many reviews that have followed the pessimistic viewpoints of a few that do not have a clue. Also, there are a handful of negative reviews where the criticism is assessed after playing a handful of STH's on route.

As the rational majority knows, this title has the potential to be a top 10 overall Stern & beyond. At this moment this title is pretty damned good, but after all the unnecessary bashing STH's reputation has taken it's toll. So do your part & submit your honest & fair-minded review of this machine.

#1416 2 years ago

I won’t be able to do that until the code is complete. So remind me in a year. Haha

#1417 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

They must not be cleaning the plastic before attaching the stickers. On mine the ones that flew off were rediculously hard to peel off the playfield so it's not a sticker problem. Never had an issue like this with my other stern machine.

scuff up the surface of the stand-up targets with some 320 grit sandpaper before re-applying the stickers. that will give them something for the glue to adhere to. not only is the surface slick together with, but there is the potential that a release agent is still on them after they are injection molded

#1418 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Alleluya ! I have completely solved my demogorgon issue.
Yesterday i put a flipper rubber behind the demo to keep it forward.
Today i play but after 5 plays i cant anymore shoot in the demo...
So I inspected the mechanism and I noticed a stud under the demogorgon which is right there to prevent the ball from being blocked (it holds the demogorgon in the back). so I removed it (not easy because a screw holds it from below).
Now the demogorgon leans forward. Magnificent ! I throw a ball and it remains blocked because of the petals of the demogorgon. No problem ... I raise the petal by hand (it's soft plastic) after 15 seconds, the petal is raised and hop the ball passes.
I add behind a flipper rubber to keep the ideal position of the demogorgon. And no more issues after 10 plays !
Great pinball otherwise.[quoted image][quoted image]

Not sure I follow what you did in the translation But I want to try this.

#1419 2 years ago

There’s a hex post under the front edge of the toy. He removed that I believe.

#1420 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There’s a hex post under the front edge of the toy. He removed that I believe.

ok thx. but then he mentioned lifting it for 15 seconds and something else...thx

#1421 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

ok thx. but then he mentioned lifting it for 15 seconds and something else...thx

The hexa screw is only here to avoid that the ball is blocked by the petal (sorry for my english). So when you remove the hexa screw, the ball can be blocked by the petal. So if you have this problem, keep up the petal during 15 second and more with your hand. Dont be afraid to force, its really solid . Release the petal. The petal will be upper and the ball wont be blocked. Do this again if the petal continue to block the ball. At a moment it will be ok.

Sincerely, i have played today and done for the first time 580millions and a real pleasure to kill the demogorgon without issue.

This pinball is really, really good. A must for me like my maiden, my JP and my DP.

#1422 2 years ago

Okay I’m in the confused camp now too. Are you saying to bend the pedal out of the way and hold it for a while and it will stay that way so it doesn’t block the ball?

#1423 2 years ago

Yes, if its necessary.

#1424 2 years ago

Step 1 : Remove the hexa screw in front of the demo

Step 2 : put a foam or pinball rubber behind the demo to keep it forward

Step 3 : if a ball is blocked with the petal, bend it with force

Step 4 : 100% hits in the mouth

#1425 2 years ago

Posted to Stern's Facebook page (Secret Feature???):

83819309_10158185635974244_908552528482795520_o (resized).jpg
#1426 2 years ago

Based on theme and some gametime, I'm really thinking about buying this pin as my first NIB.

Based on out of the box issues and fixes needed, I'm leaning towards waiting to see if they get the majority of bugs out.

But suffering some serious FOMO feelings.

#1427 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Step 1 : Remove the hexa screw in front of the demo
Step 2 : put a foam or pinball rubber behind the demo to keep it forward
Step 3 : if a ball is blocked with the petal, bend it with force
Step 4 : 100% hits in the mouth

If you put a foam or rubber behind the demo what keeps it in place since it move alot on hits?

#1428 2 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

Posted to Stern's Facebook page (Secret Feature???):[quoted image]

Any guesses on what it could be?

#1429 2 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

It’s a secret.

Well I guess it’s a secret until Wednesday. Haha

#1430 2 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

How to make the demigorgon shot work correctly!!

#1431 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

If you put a foam or rubber behind the demo what keeps it in place since it move alot on hits?

The hexa screw dont keep in place the demo is attached with a system under it. This hexa screw is not necessary and it is the real issue to hit the demorgon. Trust me.

Try you will be happy. If you are not happy , you can put back the hexa screw.

#1432 2 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

I'm hoping it's that the demogorgon can open its mouth 1/4 inch on each side. LOL.

#1433 2 years ago

I’m thinking maybe it has to do with the action button??

#1434 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

The hexa screw dont keep in place the demo is attached with a system under it. This hexa screw is not necessary and it is the real issue to hit the demorgon. Trust me.
Try you will be happy. If you are not happy , you can put back the hexa screw.

sorry I meant what keeps the rubber in place

#1435 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

sorry I meant what keeps the rubber in place

Nothing it stays alone and it dont move ;o)

20200208_160547 (resized).jpg
#1436 2 years ago

That is the reason i have put a flipper rubber. It is really solid. And under the demo, it dont move.

#1437 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

That is the reason i have put a flipper rubber. It is really solid. And under the demo, it dont move.

#1438 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

The transparant drop targets mod is fairly moderate to install. Remove the drop target bank as a whole and replace the drop targets.

I tried one of those from mezel, think it lasted a few hundred plays before it snapped. It was neat looking while it lasted.

#1439 2 years ago

I accidentally reset my projector settings and it's all screwed up now.

Adjusting is kind of a pain when trying to dial in each thing and then go into the game to adjust each thing.

Could someone my some shots of your settings when you get a chance?

#1440 2 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Nothing it stays alone and it dont move ;o)[quoted image]

where is the power wire for the demigorgon? There does not seem to be one in the pic??

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Adjusting is kind of a pain when trying to dial in each thing and then go into the game to adjust each thing.

I got it squared away thanks to ZMeny and chuckwurt Thank you guys!

Zach has been awesome to work with as a distributor. I had some shipping damage, and Zach was on with Stern right away to get me the parts I needed, and tonight I needed help and he was there.

I was, and still am, very good friends with Larry Kitchen who used to own FlipNOut. I'm grateful Zach took over his business.

Having a great relationship with a distributor is important, and makes this hobby a more enjoyable and manageable.

#1442 2 years ago

Love my LE. Don’t get the negativity at all. Game is cutting edge. I uncover something new everyday. Can’t stop playing. Lots of layers to the game and tons of different modes. Great theme, art, and layout. Love the music. It does need some better call-outs.

#1443 2 years ago

Congrats Hulk7979 ! I expect mine in my LE in my basement this Saturday

Saw some of your second stream chuckwurt. thank you so much for putting the time to do that. I noticed after your adjustment to the ramp, the lock worked great for a short while and started to get progressively worse. Was that because you didn’t tighten it right down perhaps? Have you dialed it back in again since your stream and how is it preforming now? And lastly , is/was your flipper power stock at 250 for your stream or lower ? Maybe weaker power equals more rejects on the lock?

#1444 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

I tried one of those from mezel, think it lasted a few hundred plays before it snapped. It was neat looking while it lasted.

The droptargets seem to be having the same strength as the stock ones. Don't know which targets Mezel uses but if one snaps of after paying 65 dollars I guess you will recieve some replacements.

I will report once one of my targets has issues too.

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from Freedom:

Was that because you didn’t tighten it right down perhaps?

Thais is the only thing I can think of. Not sure what else could’ve happened.

Right flipper power is at 250. Stock/max is 255.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

2x playfield is via the burn it back loop to the right of the drops. Hit it enough and it will light the saucer to start 2x playfield. Not sure how many burn it backs. Maybe 5-6

6 times. Thanks

#1447 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Could someone still repost these? Did you get the info somewhere?

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Every game is different. Make sure the interlock switch is pulled out when you go to the projector test in diagnostics. It should project green blocks on all the screens so you can easily adjust each one. Should also say focus really big on the main screen so you can adjust the focus and the position of that image.

#1449 2 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

I got them from Zach, but it didn't match up exactly to my game.

The best thing is to get into the projector test settings with the interlock switch (switch the coin door closes) unplugged, so you go into the focus mode. In that mode, you can make adjustments in real time.

FEA8DB4E-318A-4C0B-8D62-B9039C95C33B (resized).jpeg
#1450 2 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

The droptargets seem to be having the same strength as the stock ones. Don't know which targets Mezel uses but if one snaps of after paying 65 dollars I guess you will recieve some replacements.
I will report once one of my targets has issues too.

We used to use a 3D printed version, the new style is translucent made of the same material as stock drop targets.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8.50
7,400 (Firm)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 400.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 15,846 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 317.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!