StrangerThingsProjectorIssue (resized).jpg
IMG_3491 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3383 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3470 (resized).jpeg
A_SSK (resized).jpg
AE99B1FC-2FD4-481F-8B7F-6B7DF79E16DD (resized).jpeg
image_67200769 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 444.
#14851 1 year ago
Quoted from Ive:

I just got mine . I contacted Stern back in February , they asked for photos which I provided.
I then heard nothing for a month, and then chased them several times until they got fed up of me and shipped them Monday - arrived here today Wednesday ! So fast transatlantic shipping when they finally did .[quoted image]

Finally Stern approved it. They say I will get a new ramp decal and they also include two clear decals that I should place over the new ramp decal so that the new decal will no longer get scratched.

#14852 1 year ago

Can someone please confirm default position for the outlane posts?
I am the third owner of this pin and posts are as wide as possible.
Pretty challenging.

#14853 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Can someone please confirm default position for the outlane posts?
I am the third owner of this pin and posts are as wide as possible.
Pretty challenging.

Even if you being them all the way in, the stand ups and half ramps still jet their way out. But yes from the factory they were all the way open

#14854 1 year ago

The designer mentioned that his intent was for the default to be the middle hole but for whatever reason they have been shipping them wide open. FWIW

#14855 1 year ago

I had a lot more fun after I moved them to the middle. there are enough sling to outlane drains in the game as is. I'd rather have the challenge of an extremely tight tilt than wide open outlanes but your tastes may vary

#14856 1 year ago

I have mine sat to the middle and my friend has his all the way open. I agree that even in the middle position it can still be a challenge, I don't plan on moving mine but if I had to guess, default is fully opened position.

#14857 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have mine sat to the middle and my friend has his all the way open. I agree that even in the middle position it can still be a challenge, I don't plan on moving mine but if I had to guess, default is fully opened position.

Yes. They come fully open. Designer intent was middle position. My game was eventually, no posts.

#14858 1 year ago

It’s been a looooong time since I posted. Almost 1000 posts since I clicked on the thread. Still my favorite game and I see chuckwurt is still the man helping people out.

Question… does stern insider connected work with cleland’s mod? Have a new DP with IC and I really like it. Never thought I would but it would breath some new life in this unreal pin.

#14859 1 year ago
Quoted from FunkyMusic:

Finally Stern approved it. They say I will get a new ramp decal and they also include two clear decals that I should place over the new ramp decal so that the new decal will no longer get scratched.

Good news. I was also told they would include some clear Mylar - they didn’t . I have some anyway. I also used some metal tape on the guide.

#14860 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

It’s been a looooong time since I posted. Almost 1000 posts since I clicked on the thread. Still my favorite game and I see chuckwurt is still the man helping people out.
Question… does stern insider connected work with cleland’s mod? Have a new DP with IC and I really like it. Never thought I would but it would breath some new life in this unreal pin.

Pro Version of my sound mod has been working fine with Insider Connected. Premium and LE is another story I'm still trying to figure out.

#14861 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Pro Version of my sound mod has been working fine with Insider Connected. Premium and LE is another story I'm still trying to figure out.

Ah, that's what I was actually asking a little earlier.

My insider kit is on it's way, expecting it very soon, would hate to have to revert back to stock sound

#14862 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Oh, really? It doesn't work with v1.05?

#14863 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

Thanks Cleland, I will hold off on ordering. I can play DP without the movie code but no chance I’m going stock on STH.

Thanks for the feedback.

#14864 1 year ago

Appears as though factory setting for flipper power is max?
I expect this has to do with providing enough power to make the TK lock?
I do really enjoy the game but am finding it lightning bouncy and very different from many other pins I've played.
May try to slow it down a little by reducing the flipper power.
Has anyone else played around with this at all?

#14865 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Appears as though factory setting for flipper power is max?
I expect this has to do with providing enough power to make the TK lock?
I do really enjoy the game but am finding it lightning bouncy and very different from many other pins I've played.
May try to slow it down a little by reducing the flipper power.
Has anyone else played around with this at all?

1 week ago I was wondering how lowering the Flipper power would change the play.
so I change it to 230 and in my opinion the flow was getting much better. For me the ball is much better to control and it does not bounce as fast back from the stand up target. I was able to get over the second Isolation wich I never could befor. But I only have a pro and don't have to think about the tk lock.

#14866 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thanks Cleland, I will hold off on ordering. I can play DP without the movie code but no chance I’m going stock on STH.
Thanks for the feedback.

No sound mod for LE/Premium users and 1.05. Straight from the developer.

"There are 18 codecs (over 192) that the current version of PB can't decode on ST LE/Premium.
The corresponding sounds are static.
All the other sounds can be decoded/encoded correctly.
See here for a more detailed answer
As mentionned in the change log, a few firmwares have this issue but ST LE is the most impacted."

Sorry for now

#14867 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:

No sound mod for LE/Premium users and 1.05. Straight from the developer.

No worries, enjoying 1.02 and someday they will get the tool sorted out.

#14868 1 year ago

Can you fill me in? What is your code mod?

Quoted from cleland:Pro Version of my sound mod has been working fine with Insider Connected. Premium and LE is another story I'm still trying to figure out.

#14869 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

862CD6AE-A458-4778-A193-EBA8AB525C6F (resized).jpeg862CD6AE-A458-4778-A193-EBA8AB525C6F (resized).jpeg
#14870 1 year ago
36lpt2 (resized).jpg36lpt2 (resized).jpg
#14871 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Cleland graciously moded the sound package for the game so there isnt as much Hop callouts and more music from the show in the game. Really is right behind the UV kit as a necessary upgrade

#14872 1 year ago

I still cannot figure out how to get the MXV skill shot. I’m trying to hit the scoop and the roaming arrow in one shot, but I can’t figure out how. If I hit the arrow it turns the scoop shot off, and vice versa. Am I doing it wrong?

#14873 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I still cannot figure out how to get the MXV skill shot. I’m trying to hit the scoop and the roaming arrow in one shot, but I can’t figure out how. If I hit the arrow it turns the scoop shot off, and vice versa. Am I doing it wrong?

Nothing wrong. MXV is kind of a secret. If you hit the lit drop then it goes directly into the saucer, you’ve done it. It should give you the initial skill shot animation, then once in the saucer, the MXV skill shot appears on screen after a short delay.

You have to do it in one plunge and it has to go directly from the drop target into the saucer.

#14874 1 year ago

it's pure luck. there's no way to "make" that shot with skill that I'm aware of.

#14875 1 year ago

It’s tough, but I was able to do it with semi regularity. I got lots of lip outs, but I would say on accurate plunges it would stick 1/3 times.

#14876 1 year ago

Whaaaaat - mine doesn't even go anywhere near the saucer after hitting the targets - someone needs to post a video

#14877 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Whaaaaat - mine doesn't even go anywhere near the saucer after hitting the targets - someone needs to post a video

Change the speed and strength with which you plunge. Should be able to hit all but the furthest right drop target off the plunge. You want to hit the middle two at the same time to get the right angle on the saucer.

My game was setup steep too. Maybe that changes things as well.

#14878 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Change the speed and strength with which you plunge. Should be able to hit all but the furthest right drop target off the plunge. You want to hit the middle two at the same time to get the right angle on the saucer.
My game was setup steep too. Maybe that changes things as well.

It’s also easier to make the mkv shot with de STh shooter rod instead of the standard one in my experience.

#14879 1 year ago

Thank you. I’ll search for it!

Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Cleland graciously moded the sound package for the game so there isnt as much Hop callouts and more music from the show in the game. Really is right behind the UV kit as a necessary upgrade

#14880 1 year ago

I can get it often with my machine. With a full plunge, I can get it to bounce off the drops, over to the right side of the machine and bounce into the saucer. You can see it a lot in this video

Quoted from chubtoad13:

#14881 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I can get it often with my machine.

17min mark is one.

#14882 1 year ago

I think i got it 3 times in one game if I recall correctly

Edit: I just went back and looked the first one of the night was at around the 7:30 mark.

Quoted from Neal_W:

17min mark is one.

#14883 1 year ago

Anyone interested in a glow in the dark shooter rod?

$40 Shipped

Message me, thanks.

2022-05-22 17.45.22 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.45.22 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.45.30 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.45.30 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.07 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.07 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.14 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.14 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.17 (resized).jpg2022-05-22 17.46.17 (resized).jpg
Added 22 months ago:

SOLD

#14884 1 year ago

I can't even manually trigger the MXV skillshot lol - what am I missing? I've plunged the ball, grabbed it, touched the lit drop(got the skillshot animation) then dropped the ball into the scoop - no MXV. I'm on the latest version of code 1.05

#14885 1 year ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I can't even manually trigger the MXV skillshot lol - what am I missing? I've plunged the ball, grabbed it, touched the lit drop(got the skillshot animation) then dropped the ball into the scoop - no MXV. I'm on the latest version of code 1.05

It needs to hit the drops and go directly into the scoop, not shot in the scoop.

#14886 1 year ago

Pablo got back to me, I'm getting a replacement left ramp decal and mylar to go with it, along with my replacement optos.

My question is, will the mylar be enough or should I metal tape it as well? I know mylar works, but does need to be replaced, albeit a ways down the road. Is the metal tape that much more of a permanent fix?

#14887 1 year ago
Quoted from finnflash:

It needs to hit the drops and go directly into the scoop, not shot in the scoop.

yeah i know, i'm literally moving the ball with my hands the entire time other than catching it from the shooter lane exit. No other switches or flipper buttons pushed. Very odd.

#14888 1 year ago

Maybe the shooter lane switch or orbit is in the path of the combo. By taking the ball out the shooterlane its not going to hit the switch to make the sequence.

Quoted from Vitty:

yeah i know, i'm literally moving the ball with my hands the entire time other than catching it from the shooter lane exit. No other switches or flipper buttons pushed. Very odd.

#14889 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Maybe the shooter lane switch is in the path of the combo. By taking the ball out the shooterlane its not going to hit the switch to make the sequence.

he said he's plunging it

maybe registering the drop/ramp opto is part of the sequence for the MXV? the game does have some weird behavior off the plunge because of the need to validate the playfield while also scoring the first switch the ball hits

#14890 1 year ago

Really? I thought you could directly plung into the saucer. Although, I’ve never done it.

Quoted from finnflash:

#14891 1 year ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Really? I thought you could directly plung into the saucer. Although, I’ve never done it.

Plunge to scoop is super skill shot, plunge to drops to saucer is MXV Super secret skill shot

#14892 1 year ago

lol i feel like we've had this conversation about a billion times in this thread

skill shot 1- hit the lit arrow on the center drops with your plunge
skill shot 2- short plunge and hit the saucer before activating 3 switches or the right inlane switch
skill shot 3- hit the lit arrow on the center drops and then into the saucer (some claim to be able to do this after a bounce off of the right sling but i remain dubious)

#14893 1 year ago
Quoted from cleland:No sound mod for LE/Premium users and 1.05. Straight from the developer.
"There are 18 codecs (over 192) that the current version of PB can't decode on ST LE/Premium.
The corresponding sounds are static.

Sorry I'm a little slow. So I should NOT load the May 20 version of the Premium sound mod 1.05?

#14894 1 year ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

skill shot 3- hit the lit arrow on the center drops and then into the saucer (some claim to be able to do this after a bounce off of the right sling but i remain dubious)

This is the only way I've ever been able to get the MXV shot on my machine. Shoot the far left drop, it hits the side of left ramp, bounces off the shooter lane gate (not the right sling) and right into the saucer. easypeasy (resized).jpgeasypeasy (resized).jpg If it hits any switch between the drop and the saucer, no MXV.

#14895 1 year ago

Not off the sling but bouncing off the right side and into the saucer

https://twitter.com/slipstreampin/status/1528825944319963137?s=21&t=YbI28MUx5afy7in7xP8GqA

#14896 1 year ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Pablo got back to me, I'm getting a replacement left ramp decal and mylar to go with it, along with my replacement optos.
My question is, will the mylar be enough or should I metal tape it as well? I know mylar works, but does need to be replaced, albeit a ways down the road. Is the metal tape that much more of a permanent fix?

I eventually got my ramp decals but the promised Mylar wasn’t included. I have some here so no big issue.

It can’t hurt to use some metal tape also while you have the ramp out.

#14897 1 year ago

My machine does it all 2 or 3 full games by auto plunge. Hits the two middle droptargets and gets in to the saucer. I even want to skipp it when it happens, not very interesting if the autoplunge does it.

Would love if he would say that when you get it

lol i feel like we've had this conversation about a billion times in this thread

Is there no video out there? Would be lot easier to just show it

Edit:

Quoted from Xdetroit:

I can get it often with my machine. With a full plunge, I can get it to bounce off the drops, over to the right side of the machine and bounce into the saucer. You can see it a lot in this video

Just 2 3 lines above

#14898 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

I may post an obscured teaser by next week that doesn't fully show it.

Any sneak peak you can already show us.
Very interested with what you come up.

#14899 1 year ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

Sorry I'm a little slow. So I should NOT load the May 20 version of the Premium sound mod 1.05?

Correct. The editing tool is not compatible with premium/LE v1.05 yet so stick with 1.02 for now.

#14900 1 year ago

Lots of new stranger thing toys are out. There is a upside down glow demogorgon (probably good for the uv kit) a bunch of uv reactive funko pops, and both demogorgon dogs and the new flying bats. I think im going to start tinkering with some mods, or perhaps attempt my first custom topper.

I figured that if i put an uv light strip (tied to up kit power) and a red one to global ilum, i could have a pretty cool interactive topper that switches to upside down whne the pinball goes into upside down

In the meantime, the new flying demogorgons are AWESOME!

20220524_124333 (resized).jpg20220524_124333 (resized).jpg20220524_124346 (resized).jpg20220524_124346 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mount Washington, KY
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Interactive
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
There are 22,199 posts in this topic. You are on page 298 of 444.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/298 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.