IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 449.
#14501 2 years ago

Thanks Everyone.

Yeah. FW=Firmware or Code, sorry.

I will give this all a shot. Like I said, the more ideas I have to try to systematically trouble shoot this the better so if anyone else reads this and thinks of anything, please let me know.

I will report back later this week. I think I have a few SD cards lying around that I can try as well, they should all be quality Sandisk ones.

Curious though, does anyone know if you can go back levels in "code" or have they tried it? I did see a guy who loaded the wrong code on a game so I am thinking it probably doesn't matter if you go up or down in versions.

#14502 2 years ago

Yes. You can install whatever code you want if you have the files to do so. Stern doesn’t post prior versions of the code online.

#14504 2 years ago

The gate at the mystery shot has been giving me hell, the ball manages to get caught there regularly sitting on the gate and against the left wall where it can't roll anymore without some heavy nudging. In an attempt to bend the wireform to sit a bit more flush I broke it. Guessing I need to get a wire jig to rebuild this or is there on available on Marco or Pinball Life? If I get the jig to build my own what gauge piano wire do I need to get?

#14505 2 years ago

That looks fantastic!!
Not sure what to think of the Palpatine Sith looking guy at the end though.

#14506 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

The gate at the mystery shot has been giving me hell, the ball manages to get caught there regularly sitting on the gate and against the left wall where it can't roll anymore without some heavy nudging. In an attempt to bend the wireform to sit a bit more flush I broke it. Guessing I need to get a wire jig to rebuild this or is there on available on Marco or Pinball Life? If I get the jig to build my own what gauge piano wire do I need to get?

not sure if you mean #11 or #12 but neither look to be in stock at marco or pinball life, unfortunately, nor does any advanced google-fu turn up anything using the part number

Screenshot 2022-04-12 125956 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-04-12 125956 (resized).png

#14507 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

not sure if you mean #11 or #12 but neither look to be in stock at marco or pinball life, unfortunately, nor does any advanced google-fu turn up anything using the part number

Yeah 11 is the one I'm looking at. 12 broke pretty soon after I got the machine but really doesn't affect gameplay. If I had a pair of calipers I could check the size of the gate as I still have the broken one but without it not sure what gauge I need to buy to repair.

#14508 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

I would check with Stern, either direct or through your favorite distributor. Many times they will happily replace things like that, even if you are out of warranty. At least, they used to. Not sure what things are like their these days. Results may vary, but it's worth asking.

#14509 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Did you change balls? Premium or pro?

#14510 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would check with Stern, either direct or through your favorite distributor. Many times they will happily replace things like that, even if you are out of warranty. At least, they used to. Not sure what things are like their these days. Results may vary, but it's worth asking.

Good idea, I just hate relying on them since the wait time is usually measured in weeks/months and the game is on location.

Quoted from smokinhos:

Did you change balls? Premium or pro?

It's a pro, but what would new balls do to fix the situation? The gap between the gate and the wall seemed more like something had been bent out of place but now that the gate is broken I need to solve that first and foremost.

#14512 2 years ago

Saw that but no one mentions the gauge of the wire and just links to a preformed piece. I don't mind making my own with the jig but don't want to buy something too thick. I guess worst case I can go buy a set of digital calipers before I order the wire.

#14513 2 years ago

the 2nd post talked about hobby/craft shops selling the different gauges of wire, is what i was specifically hoping would be helpful. you might have to shop at retail though

#14514 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the 2nd post talked about hobby/craft shops selling the different gauges of wire, is what i was specifically hoping would be helpful. you might have to shop at retail though

Yeah I might try that route and just take the broken gate with me, use needle nose pliers to bend. The Marco site measures piano wire in 100s of an inch, an odd measurement, so not sure what size I would buy but the jig they sell for bending looks super useful longterm.

#14515 2 years ago

I finally got to play a Stranger Things Pro recently and really enjoyed it. I can imagine that the Premium / LE is even better. Now that these are out of production…too soon if you asked me especially with new season coming out, I know it will be hard to find one. If anyone is looking to move one out, I would consider trading my Cactus Canyon LE when it arrives that is on order for one. Please let me know if there is any interest!

#14516 2 years ago

Does anyone know if you can use a micro SD card in a SD adapter in the game? I am thinking it shouldn't be an issue but I was wondering if anyone has tried it? Also the SD image for ST Pre is 3.8GB, ok to use a 16GB card? It is the only one I could locate that I had on hand without ordering one.

#14517 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Could also be the sd card. My game came with a bad one out of the gate. Try a good quality one with a clean flash of the firmware. Stern has an SD card image area on the website with instructions. First thing I always do is replace the sd cards with good quality ones.

I looked and all my extra SD cards and they are all class 4, Stern says you need to use a class 10 so I need to order one.

Stranger Things Premium Code is 3.8GBs, ok to use a 16GB one? What size do you usually use? I currently don't have access to my machine until Friday or I would look to see what was already installed.

#14518 2 years ago

So since I've gotten my machine NIB, I've noticed the rollover inlane and outlane for the mystery on the right side lights backwards to what the left side does. For example, the unlit lanes on the left will light appropriately (unlit light becomes lit when switch is activated) and the right side will light when the roller over switch with the light on is activated but won't count if it rolls over the unlit lane if that makes sense. During a switch test, the lanes read appropriately. Strange issue if anyone has an idea what to do. Only other issue I have is the "D" demodog target stays faintly lit at all times, but becomes brighter when it would be lit in game. Both issues have been there since I got it new. Thanks guys.

#14519 2 years ago

Swap the connectors to the inlane switches.

Make sure the demodog target isn’t experiencing flight bleed from some other light nearby.

#14520 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the demodog target isn’t experiencing flight bleed from some other light nearby.

I'll try the swap, thanks Chuck. The Demodog light is for sure not experiencing bleed over, it's the first light that comes on during power-up, like it's getting too much power or something.

#14521 2 years ago

Some were asking about the recent discontinuation of the DarkStar 9 product. I ordered the new StarBright 9 sample to help investigate, and it seems to confirm that it's just a name change, as DarkStar 9 showed up.

Thread for anyone that missed it before (must have upgrade IMO):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-stranger-things-prem-le-darkstar-9-screen-details

#14522 2 years ago

Thanks! I just placed an order.

D17EA425-439E-48C4-A70F-4305F98AC579 (resized).jpegD17EA425-439E-48C4-A70F-4305F98AC579 (resized).jpeg
#14523 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

I'll try the swap, thanks Chuck. The Demodog light is for sure not experiencing bleed over, it's the first light that comes on during power-up, like it's getting too much power or something.

Then I say try to put another light pcb there and see if it fixes it. Maybe it’s bad. Swap it with another insert.

#14524 2 years ago

I love how the show keeps evolving so excited for May 27!!!

#14525 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Thanks! I just placed an order.[quoted image]

Does anyone sell this stuff precut to fit the screen and ramps?

#14526 2 years ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I love how the show keeps evolving so excited for May 27!!!

IndieWire has a good article out about what to expect:

https://www.indiewire.com/2022/04/stranger-things-season-4-trailer-1234716022/

#14527 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

My pro from the December run had the exact same issue with the left most D light. It was always faintly lit. New led pcb from Stern was the fix.

#14528 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

My pro from the December run had the exact same issue with the left most D light. It was always faintly lit. New led pcb from Stern was the fix.

Apparently you and I ended up with the same game with faulty Demogorgon optos and lit D's I appreciate the info!

#14529 2 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I looked and all my extra SD cards and they are all class 4, Stern says you need to use a class 10 so I need to order one.
Stranger Things Premium Code is 3.8GBs, ok to use a 16GB one? What size do you usually use? I currently don't have access to my machine until Friday or I would look to see what was already installed.

It needs to be larger than 8. I bought a bunch of 32 gig since they were cheap

#14530 2 years ago

It needs to be larger than 8. I bought a bunch of 32 gig since they were cheap

Ok. So as long as it is larger than 8GB, it should be good?

I bought a 16GB off of Amazon which was only about 1 dollar less than the 32GB but I figured it was all I needed since the code was less than 4GBs.

#14531 2 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Ok. So as long as it is larger than 8GB, it should be good?
I bought a 16GB off of Amazon which was only about 1 dollar less than the 32GB but I figured it was all I needed since the code was less than 4GBs.

Code is actually 8GB and barely fits on an 8GB sd card. It's just compressed on the website. Newer machines like rush are over 10GB. But yeah, anything over 8 and a class 10 is good

#14532 2 years ago

Code is actually 8GB and barely fits on an 8GB sd card. It's just compressed on the website. Newer machines like rush are over 10GB. But yeah, anything over 8 and a class 10 is good

Oh yeah, I didn't unzip it or anything yet. Makes sense.

#14533 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well, I desoldiered and swapped the switch wires. Now the roll over lights function as they should, but it acts as if there's a ball save as it believes the inlane was a drain on the outlane so I swapped it back to the way it was. Unless you were referring to different connections to swap? Thanks

#14534 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

Well, I desoldiered and swapped the switch wires. Now the roll over lights function as they should, but it acts as if there's a ball save as it believes the inlane was a drain on the outlane so I swapped it back to the way it was. Unless you were referring to different connections to swap? Thanks

Well you didn’t swap any connectors, you swapped wires. Haha. I’m thinking that the connector associated with the inlanes are swapped.

By rereading your post I am confused.

So when the ball rolls over the right inlane the right outlane insert lights? Not sure how that can happen while the switch test reads correctly. Maybe reinstall code or make sure the proper game code (pro or premium) is installed.

#14535 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well you didn’t swap any connectors, you swapped wires. Haha. I’m thinking that the connector associated with the inlanes are swapped.
By rereading your post I am confused.
So when the ball rolls over the right inlane the right outlane insert lights? Not sure how that can happen while the switch test reads correctly. Maybe reinstall code or make sure the proper game code (pro or premium) is installed.

You read it correctly. Right outlane lights when it rolls over the inlane. I haven't added any custom codes or anything just the most updated code from Stern since it arrived new. Certainly an odd issue lol I didn't see any connectors to swap.

#14536 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

You read it correctly. Right outlane lights when it rolls over the inlane. I haven't added any custom codes or anything just the most updated code from Stern since it arrived new. Certainly an odd issue lol I didn't see any connectors to swap.

I think I know what it is. The lights are just reversed. Swap those.

#14537 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I know what it is. The lights are just reversed. Swap those.

after looking at it, that's the easiest fix known to man. Fixed the issue. Thanks buddy.

Edit: for anyone who has the same issue. Just had to desoldier and swap wires between LED boards.

#14538 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

after looking at it, that's the easiest fix known to man. Fixed the issue. Thanks buddy.
Edit: for anyone who has the same issue. Just had to desoldier and swap wires between LED boards.

It’s funny. The more experienced I get with these things the more complex I try to make every issue. Haha. Glad you got it sorted!

#14539 2 years ago

Someone had an issue on Rush where 2 switches were reversed. Are you sure that wasn’t the problem?

If you post a pic of those switches under the playfield I can verify wire colors for you

#14540 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Someone had an issue on Rush where 2 switches were reversed. Are you sure that wasn’t the problem?
If you post a pic of those switches under the playfield I can verify wire colors for you

This is what I first assumed when he brought it up. I had switches put in the wrong place once on a walking dead. No soldering, just moved the switches.

#14541 2 years ago

In this case they said the switches tested properly in test and were labeled correctly. That means the switches were in the right places. So the lights were the issue. You can swap the lights or the wires. They chose wires.

#14542 2 years ago

not sure why it looks so blue in the picture but i replaced the 'I survived '85' blanket i've been using to keep dust off the game with a pinshield and i'm really happy with it!

PXL_20220414_221711323 (resized).jpgPXL_20220414_221711323 (resized).jpg

#14543 2 years ago

Looks like a giant sheet of shelf liner that is used for tool boxes.

#14544 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Feels like it too

#14545 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Here's a cheap alternative you can get at Walmart: https://www.walmart.com/ip/EasyLiner-Solid-Grip-20-in-x-6-ft-Black-Shelf-Liner-with-Clorox/45743467

#14546 2 years ago

I bought a yoga mat at the suggestion of a pinside thread. I don't use it to keep dust off though. I use it to lay on a game next to whichever game I'm working on, so my tools and parts don't slide down the glass.

#14547 2 years ago

What are people's thoughts about the topper?
Was it worth it?

I can't say I like the plastic inserts inside it, but I really like the lights and the mirror effect.

#14548 2 years ago

I bought a yoga mat at the suggestion of a pinside thread. I don't use it to keep dust off though. I use it to lay on a game next to whichever game I'm working on, so my tools and parts don't slide down the glass.

Same. Pain in the ass storing them though. It’s like:

F1611FA1-26D5-4016-B4D6-50D1CA3D557F.gifF1611FA1-26D5-4016-B4D6-50D1CA3D557F.gif
#14549 2 years ago

Lmfao!

Quoted from chuckwurt:Same. Pain in the ass storing them though. It’s like:[quoted image]

#14550 2 years ago

mine is mostly so that i can stop cleaning cat fooptrints off the glass and also since the game is in the living room, i need it to look buttoned up

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Trade
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/291?hl=utesichiban and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.