IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 448.
#14451 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I recently acquired a ST premium and am debating whether to keep it or my pro. Believe it or not, it isl a tough decision, particularly given the cost difference between the two.

It was a tough decision for me, when I had the chance to buy a NIB Premium for $7600. It would be much easier now that the Premium’s price has soared into the stratosphere. Obviously I missed out on a nice profit, but I love my Pro. Backhanding the left ramp never gets old.

#14452 2 years ago

i kind of think of the TK lock like the Snikt shot on Deadpool. that's another shot that you can hit seemingly perfectly and sometimes the engineering just doesn't allow for it to work right. you can either deal with that or you can't

#14453 2 years ago

You should be able to get it so clean shots are 100%. If you can’t, not worth keeping the game imo.

#14454 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You should be able to get it so clean shots are 100%. If you can’t, not worth keeping the game imo.

definitely, with what the pre is selling for

very interested to see what happens to LE prices after episode 7 of the new season as i think it's the only one with a certain character on the cabinet art

#14455 2 years ago

LEs are going for 16k. Doubt it goes much higher.

#14456 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

LEs are going for 16k. Doubt it goes much higher.

idk if you read spoilers but it could go higher. plus there's that one on the market for 18k that comes with a scary-ass wallbursting demogorgon

#14457 2 years ago

Why would I read spoilers? Haha

#14458 2 years ago

oh, i got over trying to avoid spoilers a long time ago. doesn't decrease my enjoyment of things, though of course ymmv, are episode titles spoilers?

#14459 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

oh, i got over trying to avoid spoilers a long time ago. doesn't decrease my enjoyment of things, though of course ymmv, are episode titles spoilers?

So people spoil the shows even before the shows are released? That’s lame. Glad I don’t look at anything that spoils my fun.

#14460 2 years ago

watching game of thrones knowing what was coming next was fantastic, lol

plenty fun

#14461 2 years ago

Agree--TK lock will be 99.99% on a clean shot shot once you have it dialed in right. If it's less than that, then you still need to make adjustments. I haven't had to tinker with mine since I got it dialed in over a year ago.

All that said, although it's very cool, I wouldn't keep the premium based on the tk lock alone. What really sets the premium apart is the projector and all of the ambience it brings. So amazing in a dark room and it just puts the game on an entirely different level IMHO.

#14462 2 years ago

seriously. the tk lock is probably the more expensive of the exclusive PRELE mechs but the projector is the cooler one.

projector + UV kit + topper + shooter in a dark room is an amazingly fun time, especially when you start MB during the Upside Down

#14463 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

imho if the TK lock working 100% of the time perfectly every time is your decision point for which machine to keep, just keep the pro. it's a finicky mech, there's no getting around it
even with it dialed in after lots of work and rereading chuck's posts and the service bulletins there is still the odd shot that flies past the magnet or gets pinched by the arm because of the timing or a rattled shot, or whatever. also, once you've seen it once, you've seen it.

Thanks for the feedback. I realize 100% isn't realistic and it isn't the only criteria for deciding which to keep. If I can get it to around 80%, though, that would be a positive on the premium's side as it is pretty cool when it works. Interestingly, the shaking Demigorgon effect is a small feature on the premium I really like that doesn't get discussed much. Wish someone could develop a mod for the pro with a similar effect.

Having learned and played this game extensively on a pro, as cool as the projector effect is, I have found I can see and like the screen series clips and graphic better on the pro. Both are in a dark basement area and even at night, the screen projections aren't the crispest and seem a bit washed out due to the playfield rgb's.

I can score better and advance farthrr on my pro as well but I may just need to dial in the premium a bit more.

#14464 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Tell you tech to follow this to a T. And once they think they’ve done it all, read it all again. Haha.
The key to getting this right is understanding how the adjustments change the behavior of of ball travel.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/35#post-5472488

Thanks Chuck! Great info and exactly what I was looking for.

On a separate do you or anyone else here know what the correct projector settings are in diagnostics? I notice my projector is hitting a tad bit low on the drop target, etc projections. It is most noticeable on modes where the timer countdown is projected on the left ramp. The timer is slightly cut off at the bottom due to the low projection.

#14465 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks for the feedback. I realize 100% isn't realistic and it isn't the only criteria for deciding which to keep.

i do agree with the other guys though. on a CLEAN shot it should lock every time

and you can adjust the projector fields individually through the Features menu so that they're centered on their screens. still not exactly sure how they pull that off, are there two little motors in there for every surface the projector shines on?

edit: it is a sorta wonky adjustment because the projector turns off when you open up the coin door and takes a while to come back on, but you can get to the adjustment screen with the coin door buttons, then close the door, wait for the projector to fire back up, then use the flipper buttons to navigate the operator menu and a screen test where each projection area is defined with a green beam that defines where the projector shines, for adjustment.

#14466 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Thanks Chuck! Great info and exactly what I was looking for.
On a separate do you or anyone else here know what the correct projector settings are in diagnostics? I notice my projector is hitting a tad bit low on the drop target, etc projections. It is most noticeable on modes where the timer countdown is projected on the left ramp. The timer is slightly cut off at the bottom due to the low projection.

For the projector just make sure you have the interlock switch activated when in test. It puts green screens everywhere and you can individually adjust them so they are right where you want them.

Focus is only done manually via a thumb wheel on the side of the projector. Do not mess with this until the game has been on for 20-30 mins. Take time to warm up and get to it’s true focus point.

#14467 2 years ago

After much design work and testing, I am excited to announce my latest mod for Stranger Things Pro, Premium, and LE. I designed and built a custom vintage camera (10 parts) and a mounting baseplate that attaches to the ramp along with vertical fins to keep the ball from getting stuck behind the camera. This mod replaces the flasher dome to the left of the Demogorgan ramp and repositions the existing LED board so it can interact with the camera. Installation take less than 15 mins and I created a YouTube install tutorial to show the process. There is also a short demo of the camera in action. I have 40 camera mods built and ready to ship as of this post. Stay safe and play more pinball!

This mod can be found in my Pinside shop:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1368-hurryuppinball

The install tutorial can be found here:

E9DCE66F-269C-46FD-8695-86332ECC9382 (resized).jpegE9DCE66F-269C-46FD-8695-86332ECC9382 (resized).jpeg717466CB-4DFF-4D83-B982-4F04D08C070D (resized).jpeg717466CB-4DFF-4D83-B982-4F04D08C070D (resized).jpeg15CBAFAC-1CE2-41C6-9915-A193D893C6E2 (resized).jpeg15CBAFAC-1CE2-41C6-9915-A193D893C6E2 (resized).jpeg279CFD37-01F2-46E9-A3C0-398A1958D185 (resized).jpeg279CFD37-01F2-46E9-A3C0-398A1958D185 (resized).jpeg63A8CE3C-62C5-48B8-8C75-E3D139304F10 (resized).jpeg63A8CE3C-62C5-48B8-8C75-E3D139304F10 (resized).jpeg970A40A3-4F3C-4C7A-A03A-A7EE820FAA31 (resized).jpeg970A40A3-4F3C-4C7A-A03A-A7EE820FAA31 (resized).jpegD423C2EA-DE41-4BF9-B372-8DE4636934F0 (resized).jpegD423C2EA-DE41-4BF9-B372-8DE4636934F0 (resized).jpegA776FD64-A337-4F42-AB3F-28D0DBB12B53 (resized).jpegA776FD64-A337-4F42-AB3F-28D0DBB12B53 (resized).jpeg
#14468 2 years ago
E487975E-A72F-4619-B42D-65F5E7499631 (resized).jpegE487975E-A72F-4619-B42D-65F5E7499631 (resized).jpeg
#14469 2 years ago

Is a camera a part of the show? I don’t remember anyone using a camera.

#14470 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

It was a thing in the 1st two seasons.
The brother who gets with Nancy had the camera. Steve breaks it when they think he's a perv stalking her.

Really nice mod! I wish they were still making the machines (premium), I was hoping for one last run.

#14471 2 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

Johnathan inadvertently catchs the Demogorgan on film right before he snatches Barb, while looking for Will and "spying" on Nancy at Steve's house. It pops up a good bit throughout the seasons. I tried as hard as I could on stream last night but just couldn't get the second isolation MB started. I did play one game solely focused on the Demogorgan wizard mode and was kinda shocked to see after playing it, I only had 150M points. Goes to show how much playing the modes / collecting drawings helps with scoring.

STh Mod Stream (resized).pngSTh Mod Stream (resized).png
#14472 2 years ago

bonus multiplier is also extremely important

sometimes in league ill start TK multi on a pro even though i know it's gonna be mostly shit points because all those balls and a generous ball save fills up the bottom lanes quickly

#14473 2 years ago

the demogorgon modes can be extremely lucrative. I think my best "what's that" was over 450 million. If you don't have your demogorgon dialed in those modes get frustrating as there is almost no scoring associated with bashing the demogorgon over and over again. The best I've done is just over a billion playing through demogorgon modes and ignoring the rest of the game. That game I had a horrible what's that though. I'd guess 1.5-2 billion is possible with my skill if I were to play all the demo modes really well collecting the supers. You won't get much from bonus though and progression for extra balls is a lot harder. Basically have to keep shooting the burn it back over and over.

#14474 2 years ago

Does anyone know who has the Insider connected kit in stock? Or is it back ordered most places?

#14475 2 years ago

Good golly I still love this game. Honestly, my favorite in my entire lineup.

#14476 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Good golly I still love this game.

I thought I was in the Godzilla club for a sec. Yup, STh delivers!

#14477 2 years ago

Sheesh I hope they do one more of premium. Was waiting and waiting and it never happened.

#14478 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I thought I was in the Godzilla club for a sec. Yup, STh delivers!

I like Godzilla very much. It just doesn’t hold me in like STH does.

#14479 2 years ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Good golly I still love this game. Honestly, my favorite in my entire lineup.

Easily my favorite Stern, and perhaps favorite pin at the moment.

Will also be my next mod set. About 1/3 through the design currently, and it aims to be a cohesive world-under-glass set, rather than individual mods.

#14480 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Will also be my next mod set. About 1/3 through the design currently, and it aims to be a cohesive world-under-glass set, rather than individual mods.

Sign me up on your list already!!!!!! Thanks

#14481 2 years ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Sheesh I hope they do one more of premium. Was waiting and waiting and it never happened.

Stranger things won’t be made again unfortunately.

#14482 2 years ago
Quoted from RabanzZ28:

Sign me up on your list already!!!!!! Thanks

I appreciate your interest. As I'm not certain when I'll be ready, and many disappear from early lists, I may take groups similar to Gouveia, after reveal.

#14483 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Yes!!!!

#14484 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Wow, I have your Elvira mods. Some of the best quality and mods in the business. Looking forward to what you are planning.

Can you provide any additional details on what and where your mod(s) will go on the game?

#14485 2 years ago

Did some tuning on my stranger things this weekend -

1st - Someone noted that during multiball with several balls behind the left up post release (at the extra ball shot) that balls can get stuck which can be a gate issue and also there is a hole in the lower rail there for the for the opto that balls can hang on. I put mylar over that hole in the rail and it appears to have fixed the issue of multiple balls getting stuck there during multiball. YAY!!

2nd - I got around to working on my TK lock adjustment. I started with the adjustments in the memo by setting the diverter 20mm from the wall when pulled in, and 2 inches high. I found that many balls would not roll all the way up and it seems 2 inches is too steep, so I bent that down a bit so balls would reach the end but still not locking reliably.
Finally I looked at the coil stop position of the diverter. The memo mentions the diverter should be 1mm from front of the ramp when at rest and mine was touching the ramp. I adjusted the coil stopper in so the diverter rested about 3mm from the front of the ramp. I guess that helps the coil pull in the diverter faster with less rattle, ect. This seems to lock reliably now. WAHOO! (If the diverter was too far in at rest, balls going past could hang there, but there is enough space so no problem.)

IMG_0898 (resized).jpgIMG_0898 (resized).jpg

Time for a beer and some pinball!!!

beer (resized).jpgbeer (resized).jpg

#14487 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Wow, I have your Elvira mods. Some of the best quality and mods in the business. Looking forward to what you are planning.
Can you provide any additional details on what and where your mod(s) will go on the game?

Thank you for the positive feedback Having been over two years since Elvira, I aim to have better quality here.

Keeping details mostly under wraps for now.

Will cover a chunk behind the front flashers, not blocking any inserts, desired visibility, or the projector path/surfaces (perhaps a bit on the far right strip that I've never noticed anything on anyway). Should fit both models, with slight variation for the Pro. Idea is something transformational, but not cramped.

#14488 2 years ago

Does anybody have a spare projector they would be willing to sell? Marco and Pinballlife are both out of stock.

#14489 2 years ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

So psyched for this! Have been debating trading mine out as there is no room currently but this makes me want to hold on a bit longer.

#14490 2 years ago

Anyone who sells Stranger Things now will really regret it in 3-4 years, when they land with owners who won’t let them go for any price.

#14491 2 years ago

Installed mine and the wife really likes it. It works at the right moment just like Jonathan is taking a picture of the demogorogon.

8BC39291-277C-4036-83EC-B67AD4DFA8D0 (resized).jpeg8BC39291-277C-4036-83EC-B67AD4DFA8D0 (resized).jpeg
#14492 2 years ago

Still waiting on optos. My friend made this up for me. Looks like it belongs there.

20220411_221807~2 (resized).jpg20220411_221807~2 (resized).jpg20220411_221826~2 (resized).jpg20220411_221826~2 (resized).jpg
#14493 2 years ago

Hi guys.

I bought a Stranger Things Premium that had FW v1.01 in it so the other day I updated to the latest code v1.05. The update went fine and it said it was successful but I now have a random rebooting issue that I am not sure is related to the code. Let me explain... When I bought the game I only played a hand full of games before updating the code. After I updated the code, everything was closed back up I think I touched the left flipper bottom and the game rebooted. Now when I say rebooted I am not sure if it is rebooting or power cycling but I think everything goes blank on the game including the lights etc.. This happen 3x but I don't recall how it happen the second time, I think something similar but the 3rd time the game was in attached mode and I just leaned on the left side of the cab, maybe touching the left flipper button, I am not 100% sure. Now I will say this, the game does have flipper buttons installed that light up so I am not sure if these could be causing an issue. I also resat the game to the factory values after I updated the firmware so it is possible I changed a setting somewhere that needed to be changed for a mode that is installed? What I plan to do it go through the game, reset all the connections and then if it still happens disconnect the lights to the flipper buttons. I will say this though and I think this is certainly worth mentioning but the game has NEVER rebooted/ repowered during a game play. I have played several games and this only happens when the game is in attract mode and I believe only when you touch it?? Maybe a ground issue???

In anycase... I plan to tackle this issue Friday so I figured I would post something up here just to see if anyone has any tips or suggestion in case what I plan to do does not fix it.

Thanks!

ps. I still have to adjust the TK lock as well. I have been reading through this thread but at 290 pages now, it's a lot to try and find the exact information I need so any tips in setting this or the game up is helpful as well. I want to dial this thing in as close to perfection as possible.

#14494 2 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Hi guys.
I bought a Stranger Things Premium that had FW v1.01 in it so the other day I updated to the latest code v1.05. The update went fine and it said it was successful but I now have a random rebooting issue that I am not sure is related to the code. Let me explain... When I bought the game I only played a hand full of games before updating the code. After I updated the code, everything was closed back up I think I touched the left flipper bottom and the game rebooted. Now when I say rebooted I am not sure if it is rebooting or power cycling but I think everything goes blank on the game including the lights etc.. This happen 3x but I don't recall how it happen the second time, I think something similar but the 3rd time the game was in attached mode and I just leaned on the left side of the cab, maybe touching the left flipper button, I am not 100% sure. Now I will say this, the game does have flipper buttons installed that light up so I am not sure if these could be causing an issue. I also resat the game to the factory values after I updated the firmware so it is possible I changed a setting somewhere that needed to be changed for a mode that is installed? What I plan to do it go through the game, reset all the connections and then if it still happens disconnect the lights to the flipper buttons. I will say this though and I think this is certainly worth mentioning but the game has NEVER rebooted/ repowered during a game play. I have played several games and this only happens when the game is in attract mode and I believe only when you touch it?? Maybe a ground issue???
In anycase... I plan to tackle this issue Friday so I figured I would post something up here just to see if anyone has any tips or suggestion in case what I plan to do does not fix it.
Thanks!
ps. I still have to adjust the TK lock as well. I have been reading through this thread but at 290 pages now, it's a lot to try and find the exact information I need so any tips in setting this or the game up is helpful as well. I want to dial this thing in as close to perfection as possible.

Key posts at the top have a link to the TK adjustment guide. It was also posted recently if you go back through the most recent posts.

#14495 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Key posts at the top have a link to the TK adjustment guide. It was also posted recently if you go back through the most recent posts.

Thank You

I didn't see the "key posts". Just getting reaccumulated to Pinside after being out of the hobby for several years, this is my first game going back in. Watched a YouTube video the other night with you talking about some adjustments, so thanks for that too.

I will look all of this information over, any suggestions on my other issue?

#14496 2 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Thank You
I didn't see the "key posts". Just getting reaccumulated to Pinside after being out of the hobby for several years, this is my first game going back in. Watched a YouTube video the other night with you talking about some adjustments, so thanks for that too.
I will look all of this information over, any suggestions on my other issue?

It sounds like you have a node board that is resetting. If the game reboots, it will completely shut off and turn back on (LCD will say resetting too).

If you node board is resetting that is because there is a short somewhere. If it’s intermittent, that’s tough to locate. However, a common issue are the light sockets in the slings and lane guides. I would disconnect those or take the bulbs out and see if your issue persists.

#14497 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It sounds like you have a node board that is resetting. If the game reboots, it will completely shut off and turn back on (LCD will say resetting too).
If you node board is resetting that is because there is a short somewhere. If it’s intermittent, that’s tough to locate. However, a common issue are the light sockets in the slings and lane guides. I would disconnect those or take the bulbs out and see if your issue persists.

I don't recall the display saying anything when it shuts off, only when it's turning back on and going through the start up process but I will pay closer attention when it happens again (if I can).

I think the odd part is that it has never happen during game play and seems to only happen when the machine is touched during attract mode.

Also... I am not 100% sure if the FW had any effect on the problem as I only seen it happen after updating it. Maybe I should reload the same FW? Can the FW go backwards? If I have v1.05 installed, can I install an earlier version?

#14498 2 years ago

I don’t know what FW means, sorry.

Try reinstalling the code. If that doesn’t help, try reflashing the SD card. Instructions are on sterns website.

#14499 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know what FW means, sorry.
Try reinstalling the code. If that doesn’t help, try reflashing the SD card. Instructions are on sterns website.

FW = firmware I believe

#14500 2 years ago

Could also be the sd card. My game came with a bad one out of the gate. Try a good quality one with a clean flash of the firmware. Stern has an SD card image area on the website with instructions. First thing I always do is replace the sd cards with good quality ones.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 290 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/290 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.