IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 449.
#14251 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

After a couple hundred plays I gotta say Im really digging this game. Definitely sticking around for a while. I just switched out the Operation Mirkwood music for Herbie Hancocks “Rockit”, the quintessential early 1980s jam, its awesome pinball music.

apart from all the work cleland did, which is awesome, I've add Rock you like a hurricane to TK multiball and sunglasses at night to monster hunting. Playing with pinball browser is fun

#14252 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

apart from all the work cleland did, which is awesome, I've add Rock you like a hurricane to TK multiball and sunglasses at night to monster hunting. Playing with pinball browser is fun

I used Rock You Like a Hurricane for Follow Dart, Sunglasses at Night for Monster Hunting, Girls on Film for TK multiball, Never Ending Story for Follow The Compass, and Just Another Day for Bullies. Everything else is Cleland's Code.

For me, all the 80's music and nostalgia is a big part of why I enjoy the show. Integrating music from the show into the pin really enhances the pin experience as well IMO

#14253 2 years ago

But what’s everyone use for What Mama Says?? O_O

#14254 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

If anyone changes the music in that mode, they should have the game taken away from them.

#14255 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

After a couple hundred plays I gotta say Im really digging this game. Definitely sticking around for a while. I just switched out the Operation Mirkwood music for Herbie Hancocks “Rockit”, the quintessential early 1980s jam, its awesome pinball music.

I was thinking about this as “essential 80’s”:

5288A550-6782-4C81-838C-6EB93CB76F4C (resized).jpeg5288A550-6782-4C81-838C-6EB93CB76F4C (resized).jpeg
#14256 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If anyone changes the music in that mode, they should have the game taken away from them.

I’m a fan of how crack-headed it is. For some reason in my mind I was thinking at least some of it was sound fx vs music & that it could get pretty funny with different music, but I guess it’s probably just all one track.

#14257 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I liked the stock audio of that Chapter. Had to leave some of the good stock audio in there as well.

#14258 2 years ago

I installed the Stern Insider Connected kit in my Stranger Things LE today. Fun! Renewing the game a bit. It took about an hour with all the rambling on stream.

In other news, I finally broke 1 billion.

#14259 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Does anyone feel like this game is the spiritual successor to Iron Man? It just kicks my ass so hard, especially the right outlane, for some reason. The rebound from the drops makes the War Machine kicker seem tame by comparison.

I have fairly long ball times if I avoid the drops. Safer to glance of them when shooting the burn it back or mystery. Save the drops for multiball.

#14260 2 years ago

I see the netflix STh shop has some nice posters.

STh poster (resized).jpgSTh poster (resized).jpg

#14261 2 years ago

With Stern canceling all outstanding pro UV kit orders, I had I to order a premium UV kit (glad I was still able to find one). My pro has Stern insider connect, I know the premium UV kit has a metal apron, am I going to have to move the insider connect to the coin door with the premium UV kit?

#14262 2 years ago

Or get an acrylic triangle piece to fill the void since the plastic stock aprons don’t have it.

#14263 2 years ago

Or save the pro insider kit for another game and get a premium connected kit.

#14264 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

With Stern canceling all outstanding pro UV kit orders, I had I to order a premium UV kit (glad I was still able to find one). My pro has Stern insider connect, I know the premium UV kit has a metal apron, am I going to have to move the insider connect to the coin door with the premium UV kit?

You can mount the reader on the premium apron with the existing hardware, I believe. I think the only thing I ended up changing was swapping out the locking nuts for regular nuts as I couldn’t get them to torque down.

Eventually I went for a coin door mount so I could have the apron space for a custom apron card.

#14265 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

You can mount the reader on the premium apron with the existing hardware, I believe.

+1 - this is what I did also. I had a Dec 2021 Pro but put in a Premium UV kit and just moved the IC reader over with existing hardware

#14266 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

This is interesting. So, they won't be making the UV kit any longer? You can move your QR reader to the studded cutout on the premium apron. You will just need 2 #10 screws to attach the apron to the hangers.

#14267 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You can move your QR reader to the studded cutout on the premium apron. You will just need 2 #10 screws to attach the apron to the hangers.

Jodester and Zukboy2002

#14268 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

This is interesting. So, they won't be making the UV kit any longer?

Yes, that is my understanding. Zack first mentioned this publicly on one of his podcasts about three weeks ago (it was in the market trends section at the very end)…I had it confirmed privately. Stern has canceled all outstanding orders for these UV kits (all models) as their license expired and is not being renewed at this time.

Anyone who wants one of these kits needs to get hopping and find one…immediately…they are about to be unicorn tears.

#14269 2 years ago

Does anyone know the exact number of pro and premium models. Mine was from December 27th 2020 near the end.

Also on my Demogorgan the balls are hitting it low I adjusted the pitch of the machine to 6.8 and I hit it in the hole about 1 out of every 10-15. Is there any other adjustment that can be done for low shots. I know about the high shots adjustments but didn't see anything on what to do about low shots.

My Stern insider will not light up. the lights are flashing on the bottom and the kit in the setting shows it not installed but has the bootloader version, sd card shows installed and the wifi adapter shows installed. Any suggestions? I contacted stern and they are supposed to warranty a new part but just trying to see what i may could do.

18E29933-3847-41A0-8365-63D075B19455 (resized).jpeg18E29933-3847-41A0-8365-63D075B19455 (resized).jpegB00B6F67-7CEC-4E67-ACD6-B0DA90115C5A (resized).jpegB00B6F67-7CEC-4E67-ACD6-B0DA90115C5A (resized).jpeg
#14270 2 years ago

All the adjustments mentioned in this thread are for what to do about shots hitting low. Follow those. Removing the spacers to lower the demo will help with low shots.

No way to know how many pros and premiums there are. Since this wasn’t a popular game, I bet there are fewer premiums than pros.

#14271 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

All the adjustments mentioned in this thread are for what to do about shots hitting low. Follow those. Removing the spacers to lower the demo will help with low shots.
No way to know how many pros and premiums there are. Since this wasn’t a popular game, I bet there are fewer premiums than pros.

Ipdb use to tell how many were produced on older games but no such data on “newer” games. I wonder why that is?

Thanks will go back and find more in the post about low shots. I like the game at about a 7.2 angle but the shots are definitely way too low.

#14272 2 years ago
Quoted from rx2006je:

I wonder why that is?

Easy. Older manufacturers released this info. Stern doesn’t.

#14273 2 years ago

anyone have a spare set of the Stern Armor? or know of anywhere?

#14275 2 years ago

I just know they do not make anymore Premium machines because of the errors. So do they also stop building the Pros since the license expires?

#14276 2 years ago

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh? I feel it should reload throughout the game maybe after a TI, or after beating all Demogorgons, maybe after lighting one of the blue completions awards to build up to Final Showdown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

#14277 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh? I feel it should reload throughout the game maybe after a TI, or after beating all Demogorgons, maybe after lighting one of the blue completions awards to build up to Final Showdown ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Used a lot more on the premium. Agreed it’s an afterthought on the pro.

#14278 2 years ago

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh?

Totally, I hope they do another code update and add something more for the pro. Seems unfinished. Are there any other new Sterns where you can only use the action button once per game?

#14279 2 years ago

I don’t think Maiden uses the button at all.

#14280 2 years ago

Im pretty sure the action button is only a mode select button on AIQ

#14281 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Im pretty sure the action button is only a mode select button on AIQ

mind gem lets you collect shots, number of shots and times you can use it depends on level of the avenger it's on.

#14282 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think Maiden uses the button at all.

There is no lockdown bar action button on Iron Maiden. Although you could add one (there is support in the software). I think the only thing you can make it do is autolaunch the ball.

#14283 2 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

There is no lockdown bar action button on Iron Maiden. Although you could add one (there is support in the software). I think the only thing you can make it do is autolaunch the ball.

Gotcha. Makes sense as Elwin seems to not be a fan of them. But stern orders those lockdown bars by the metric fuckton, so I bet after maiden they made it so every game has them. Designer intent or not.

#14284 2 years ago

Yep. I have the Pro and forget about it half the time . I think if you earned it in game it at least would feel more integrated, and feel more part of the game. There is no audio or video associated with it at all is there ?

#14285 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yep. I have the Pro and forget about it half the time . I think if you earned it in game it at least would feel more integrated, and feel more part of the game. There is no audio or video associated with it at all is there ?

When you use it there is.

#14286 2 years ago

my favorite callout in the whole game is hop's 'BITCHIN'' when you swipe a ball

#14287 2 years ago

Last I heard in here, it sounded like if you wanted to, you could run the premium code on your pro and get the swipe goodness. (But you give up some LCD display functionality)

#14288 2 years ago

Does anybody else find that the lock bar action button is a weak feature in STh?

I use the button to kill the first demo on Trap Em every time. Mouth shot on the second demo, completing all the flashing shots, and then each demo mouth shot after that is worth like 120M. I’ve scored 400M+ on Trap Em. Does anybody know a better way to use the one demo bomb?

#14289 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I use the button to kill the first demo on Trap Em every time. Mouth shot on the second demo, completing all the flashing shots, and then each demo mouth shot after that is worth like 120M. I’ve scored 400M+ on Trap Em. Does anybody know a better way to use the one demo bomb?

That is the only way I use it.

#14290 2 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

That’s definitely the best way unlesss you save it for the final demo mode and collect a 200m super with it.

#14291 2 years ago

Are there any premium/LE owners out there with Cleland’s 1.02 code? Is the code the same for the premium and LE?

Cleland sent me his LE 1.02 code a few months back. I am experimenting with a local premium to see if I want to upgrade from my pro. I added a few songs to Clelands existing code LE 1.02 code which I had already added for my pro code several months ago. However, trying his 1.02 code out on the premium, the music and sound volumes are off. Some of the audio and voices sound at correct volume levels but when mode music or audio kicks in, the audio volume goes down noticeably. This does not happen on his pro code.

I have adjusted music and voice attenuation in settings and that does not appear to be the issue. Any ideas? Is this normal on Cleland’s premium/LE code?

#14292 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are there any premium/LE owners out there with Cleland’s 1.02 code?

No issue here on my premium.

#14293 2 years ago

For those with premium or LE's, is it normal for the TK lock to work only on a fast moving, clean right ramp shot when lock is lit? I've noticed it works well off the right flipper ss long as the shot is clean. If it is a little slower because the ball made contact with part of the ramp on the way up, it registers but doesn't always stick to the wall.

Is this normal or can it be adjusted a bit to capture slower moving shots as well? Will the part Stern can send to help with the TK lock help on these type of shots as well?

#14294 2 years ago

it's normal to me but I'm sure Chuck will say every shot that goes up the ramp should lock on the back or you need to tear your game apart more

90% of the shots that "should" lock on the back do and that's good with me. hell once in a while I'll milquetoast a ball up there and the action of the TK arm swinging over is enough to sling a ball that wouldn't have made the lock on to the magnet

the stern plastic cover fix definitely helped but the biggest adjustment that helped me was the arm on the back of the backboard that's driven by the solenoid when the TK lock fires. the guide rail was sitting about a quarter inch off of the decorative plastic that sits in front of it- i went back and reread the service bulletin and they advised adjusting this so that the guide rail is actually touching the plastic when it isn't energized. i did so so that it is ALMOST touching it- that was the most effective adjustment to the TK lock that I made while dialing it in, period.

20220312_121447[1] (resized).jpg20220312_121447[1] (resized).jpg
#14295 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haha . Really ? Well It needs to be MORE then as I missed it

#14296 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's normal to me but I'm sure Chuck will say every shot that goes up the ramp should lock on the back or you need to tear your game apart more
90% of the shots that "should" lock on the back do and that's good with me. hell once in a while I'll milquetoast a ball up there and the action of the TK arm swinging over is enough to sling a ball that wouldn't have made the lock on to the magnet
the stern plastic cover fix definitely helped but the biggest adjustment that helped me was the arm on the back of the backboard that's driven by the solenoid when the TK lock fires. the guide rail was sitting about a quarter inch off of the decorative plastic that sits in front of it- i went back and reread the service bulletin and they advised adjusting this so that the guide rail is actually touching the plastic when it isn't energized. i did so so that it is ALMOST touching it- that was the most effective adjustment to the TK lock that I made while dialing it in, period.[quoted image]

Thanks for the info and schematic. I will reach out to Stern for the plastic and hopefully those adjustments make it a bit more reliable. Have the adjustments and fixes you made maintained the efficacy of the TK lock long term or does it require ongoing maintenance to keep it dialed in?

#14297 2 years ago

once i got it dialed in, it stayed dialed in.

#14298 2 years ago

anyone have issue once upgraded shooter installed. full plunge is still weak.

#14299 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well I checked again last night and honestly don’t hear or see anything beyond the usual Demogorgan death routine

#14300 2 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

Well I checked again last night and honestly don’t hear or see anything beyond the usual Demogorgan death routine

You’re right.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 286 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/286 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.