IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 449.
#14101 2 years ago

Any advice welcomed, where do I start to replace the two black rubber post on either side of the middle drop targets?

#14102 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Any advice welcomed, where do I start to replace the two black rubber post on either side of the middle drop targets?

you have to remove a lot of the screen area to get to it. I believe I shared a bunch of pics when I did mine so search my name.

#14103 2 years ago

well, after Stern telling me the playfield is backordered with no ETA it showed up today with no notice. Clear is thinner than the one currently on the machine but it looks good. No ghosting or anything. I'll probably send it out to get it re-cleared when I have the funds.

IMG_20220218_133057655 (resized).jpgIMG_20220218_133057655 (resized).jpg
#14104 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

you have to remove a lot of the screen area to get to it. I believe I shared a bunch of pics when I did mine so search my name.

Thank you very much!

#14105 2 years ago

Any tips on dialing in the feed from the right orbit?

Mine comes down and hits the right sling sometimes (a pet peeve of mine) or the rubber ring on the right side which sends it out of control. Sometimes it feeds the right flipper like i would prefer.

I'm just curious what you all have done...like tweaking the leveling of the game itself, bending the ball guide, etc...

#14106 2 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Any tips on dialing in the feed from the right orbit?
Mine comes down and hits the right sling sometimes (a pet peeve of mine) or the rubber ring on the right side which sends it out of control. Sometimes it feeds the right flipper like i would prefer.
I'm just curious what you all have done...like tweaking the leveling of the game itself, bending the ball guide, etc...

Here's the right orbit posts I have in my notes:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/119#post-5920207
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/119#post-5920992
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/200#post-6260091 and
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/201#post-6260228 (3/16" post rubber)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/202#post-6263284
Orbits in general and leveling: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/203#post-6265068

Most of the time mine bounces off something (the shooter lane gate probably?) and actually returns to the left flipper. It's not deathly so I haven't really played with it, but it makes the game a bit left flipper-heavy / tougher to get a right-flipper shot if you need one.

#14107 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thank you very much!

how many games on that machine, would you say? i'm surprised and happy that all my rubbers, even the flipper ones, still look basically out-of-the-box new

#14108 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

how many games on that machine, would you say? i'm surprised and happy that all my rubbers, even the flipper ones, still look basically out-of-the-box new

The drop targets began cutting into my post rubbers pretty much immediately out of the box. I haven't yet shaved the corner of the outer drops like some did.

#14109 2 years ago
Quoted from shovelhed:

Thank you very much!

found the post if you have not. Basically have to take both ramps off to get at the mount screws for the screen. Lean it back as much as you can to get at those without taking everything off.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/201#post-6260793

#14110 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The drop targets began cutting into my post rubbers pretty much immediately out of the box. I haven't yet shaved the corner of the outer drops like some did.

my original ones were cut completely through and were in two pieces when I replaced them. Even with clipping a good bit of the corners off the outside drops my new post sleeves have been cut into as well. Holding up better but I guess I need to shave some more off.

#14111 2 years ago

my original ones were cut completely through and were in two pieces when I replaced them. Even with clipping a good bit of the corners off the outside drops my new post sleeves have been cut into as well. Holding up better but I guess I need to shave some more off.

That's really the STh slo-mo I want to see vs. a demo shot, is the drop targets hitting those post rubbers

#14112 2 years ago

Im just replacing rubbers to match my new purple. Part of my ocd. Black ones are new.

#14113 2 years ago

I'm installing the premium uv apron on my pro and I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the quality of the apron. I've had to adjust the metal a LOT to get it to fit on the machine. The vertical areas were bent significantly. I also have scratches all over the plastic on the triangles. At first I thought it was just smudges but glass cleaner did nothing and novus just cleaned it up a little. Might have to take some heat to it to clear them up. There are also scratches in the metal but they are in areas that won't be seen too much. Anyone else see these issues?

#14114 2 years ago

My Premium UV kit was fine…no problems fitting it to my pro and no scratches. Sorry you got a bad one, it happens.

#14115 2 years ago

Let me know if you might be interested in trading your LE (or maybe pre) for AFM LE (green).

Thank you.

#14116 2 years ago

I'm installing the premium uv apron on my pro and I gotta say, I'm disappointed in the quality of the apron. I've had to adjust the metal a LOT to get it to fit on the machine. The vertical areas were bent significantly. I also have scratches all over the plastic on the triangles. At first I thought it was just smudges but glass cleaner did nothing and novus just cleaned it up a little. Might have to take some heat to it to clear them up. There are also scratches in the metal but they are in areas that won't be seen too much. Anyone else see these issues?

When mine arrived a year ago it didn’t have any form issues or scratches. Sounds like you got a bad one.

#14117 2 years ago

funny that's my turtles strategy. Not to play it

I got a kick out of this. I actually traded my ST Prem for TMNT Prem.

No regrets.

Kinda a shame both games suffer from unresolved in game crash bugs.

#14118 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I have agreed to help Cliff with this. Just haven't had time to disassemble that area and make tracings.

Perfect, thank you!

#14119 2 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

No regrets.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that like that game but I just can't get into it. Hate the shots and hate the code design for it. It's too funny I won one of the launch tournaments at a local place for it so I see the plaque on the wall all the time. Luckily for me not many places around here have it anymore so I don't have to deal with it often.

I have not experienced a game crashing bug with the latest code of ST.

#14120 2 years ago

I have not experienced a game crashing bug with the latest code of ST.

Have you beaten Send It Back on 1.05 yet? I’d be curious to hear if it doesn’t crash for others.

#14121 2 years ago

I haven't met a single person that likes stern turtles including someone that waited 7 months for a premium after paying for it in full

#14122 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Have you beaten Send It Back on 1.05 yet? I’d be curious to hear if it doesn’t crash for others.

Has not crashed for me after Send It Back. Although, my wife had it crash once after the final demogorgon.

Also, confirming someones post from last week that there is no ball save when you get to Snowball.

#14123 2 years ago

Got my premium one last week, installed yesterday on my pro. Fit perfectly without issue and looks brand new. Sorry, sounds like bad luck, possible refurb/return?

#14124 2 years ago

Love my turtles

Quoted from dashv:

No regrets.

I agree with that trade and love the heck out of my turtles,enjoy a fantastic game! And I have a stranger premium

#14125 2 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Got my premium one last week, installed yesterday on my pro. Fit perfectly without issue and looks brand new. Sorry, sounds like bad luck, possible refurb/return?

Yeah really odd. I emailed stern with pics of the plastics asking for advice. We'll see what they say. Worst case it'll probably require sanding down then hitting with heat to polish it. Not what I would want to do to a new product I just bought.

Hard to take a pic of but you can see the scratches. My aiq prem is perfect. Really shocked at this.

IMG_20220220_110044351 (resized).jpgIMG_20220220_110044351 (resized).jpgIMG_20220220_110104335 (resized).jpgIMG_20220220_110104335 (resized).jpg
#14126 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Has not crashed for me after Send It Back

That’s encouraging - maybe it’s not an every time thing then. …but I’ll probably still be too wary to sink the final shot to win the mode / let any extra balls drain!

#14127 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I haven't met a single person that likes stern turtles including someone that waited 7 months for a premium after paying for it in full

TMNT was a fun and challenging game with lots of flow(if you can handle the speed)and to be honest I kind of miss it after trading it for AIQ. It gets a lot of negative feedback because you can’t score a billion on it…which really doesn’t make sense to me. I guess I’m just part of the club of not really caring about how high a pin scores but more concerned about scoring higher then the other pinhead. To get back on track how are the insider achievements implemented on Stranger Things? Anything fun to shoot for?

#14128 2 years ago

In a show of solidarity for the Count’s substandard premium UV kit apron, one of the rivets on the eye bolt snapped on mine when putting it back on last night. I guess I’ll try this screw/washer/nut replacement, screw head sticks out a bit though.

Maybe posting this to laugh about dimples in the drain lanes more than anything.

51247012-051B-4613-85AC-A73145DAEB80 (resized).jpeg51247012-051B-4613-85AC-A73145DAEB80 (resized).jpeg
#14129 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

In a show of solidarity for the Count’s substandard premium UV kit apron, one of the rivets on the eye bolt snapped on mine when putting it back on last night. I guess I’ll try this screw/washer/nut replacement, screw head sticks out a bit though.
Maybe posting this to laugh about dimples in the drain lanes more than anything.
[quoted image]

Sorry to hear that. Might want to shoot stern an email about it. I just got a response from Pablo that they will be sending me replacement plastics and they apologized for the issue.

#14130 2 years ago

I just added the PRO UV kit to my Pro with the factory installed Insider connected.

I had searched the forum for how best to handle the apron art decals with the insider connected and didn't find a whole lot - saw a few had cut the decal that came on the UV apron but making straight cuts seemed like a challenge.

The decals peel off easily...so I just swapped them....would have been perfect if the insider predrilled screw holes on the UV apron were on the same as my original game. Oh well...at least the cutout hole is perfect.

Here's a picture to help someone else thinking about doing it.

I'm keeping my eye out for alternate apron decals precut for insider connected. Or I'll DIY carefully when I have more patience.

20220221_180032 (resized).jpg20220221_180032 (resized).jpg
#14131 2 years ago

Sorry to hear that. Might want to shoot stern an email about it. I just got a response from Pablo that they will be sending me replacement plastics and they apologized for the issue.

I’ll prob include a note about it when I message about my ramp. Can finally assess the damage a bit more now that I can get the playfield into full service position.

That said, the ball doesn’t hit the screw head on its way down, so seems a decent workaround.

Coil stops, coin door QR mount, and pinmonk fans on. Next order of business is demo adjustment.

#14132 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I’ll prob include a note about it when I message about my ramp. Can finally assess the damage a bit more now that I can get the playfield into full service position.
That said, the ball doesn’t hit the screw head on its way down, so seems a decent workaround.
Coil stops, coin door QR mount, and pinmonk fans on. Next order of business is demo adjustment.

What happened with your ramp?

#14133 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

What happened with your ramp?

The left ramp pretty much sits on the metal ball guide below and within two weeks out of box / less than 50 plays was already cutting into the underside of the ramp. I put some thin metal tape on the guide and it seems like it hasn’t gotten any worse.

Was an issue with others in the thread but generally took more time to come to light.

49A35043-D66F-4CCD-A889-B3213BE238EA (resized).jpeg49A35043-D66F-4CCD-A889-B3213BE238EA (resized).jpeg
#14134 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

The left ramp pretty much sits on the metal ball guide below and within two weeks out of box / less than 50 plays was already cutting into the underside of the ramp. I put some thin metal tape on the guide and it seems like it hasn’t gotten any worse.
Was an issue with others in the thread but generally took more time to come to light.
[quoted image]

It took longer to notice it than anything else. You really gotta be looking to see it at first. Mine was torn through and cutting into the ramp before I caught it. Highly recommend people with pro's do something before it starts doing it. Stern wouldn't send me a new ramp for that one even though the plastic is gouged. They did send me a new graphic though.

I also recommend people put mylar on the under side of the slingshot plastics where that one post without a screw is. My plastics now have spots where the art has worn off which sucks.

#14135 2 years ago

How do you get to BS mode? Is it just by mystery… or do I need to prequalify something?

#14136 2 years ago
Quoted from FightCave:

How do you get to BS mode? Is it just by mystery… or do I need to prequalify something?

Mystery.

#14137 2 years ago
Quoted from TheBeefSupreme:

Ha I promise you I have spent a long time going through that search. I hate to be a pain. I found plenty about the fix but just wanted some guidance on how to get to it out so I could do so. I appreciate the help. Im assuming these are the two bottom nuts at least. They seem to be holding the plate. I’ll see if I can get it. Thanks![quoted image]

Am I crazy, or does the whole left ramp need to come out to get the Demogorgon out for adjustment? Seems like this one screw on the top side is buried under a LOT. What the fuck is it even there for?

20220223_000428 (resized).jpg20220223_000428 (resized).jpg
#14138 2 years ago

Tried searching - getting too many irrelevant hits.

How do y'all adjust the Demogorgon successfully without disassembling and reassembling the whole upper left PF multiple times?

#14139 2 years ago

the two Demogorgon bolts on the underside of the playfield are easy

the one "hard" one, the one that doesn't need replacing, I managed to remove without removing any plastics. just had to flex the shit out of one of them and use a long screwdriver

#14140 2 years ago

The ramp doesn’t need to come out.

#14141 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Am I crazy, or does the whole left ramp need to come out to get the Demogorgon out for adjustment?

Quoted from chuckwurt:

The ramp doesn’t need to come out.

So he's crazy, then.

#14142 2 years ago

It is easier to get to that screw if you remove or lossen the ramp. You only have to do it once though. Don't replace that screw when you put the demo back in and removing the demo again is just the one side plastic and the two bolts under.

#14145 2 years ago

My opto that runs across the front of the Demogorgon is showing always closed. I'm assuming it got out of alignment. Gonna have to remove some stuff to get to that one. Guess I'll pull the Demo spacers while I'm in there, for good measure.

#14146 2 years ago

Stern was quick. My replacement plastics for the uv kit have already arrived. Can't argue with that.

#14147 2 years ago

Stern was quick. My replacement plastics for the uv kit have already arrived. Can't argue with that.

Stern's customer service is 2nd to none. They have always come through so well for me.

#14148 2 years ago

Finally feel like I've got a grasp on how this thing works and what's needed. Appreciate the help, folks! ❤️

Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image]

Is there a specific product you used? Or is it for a certain application? (i.e. Is it something I can grab at a normal Ace or Lowes? And what section would I want to look in?)

#14149 2 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Is there a specific product you used? Or is it for a certain application? (i.e. Is it something I can grab at a normal Ace or Lowes? And what section would I want to look in?)

I found it back in some dryer appliances section, it wasn't in the aisle lowes.com said it would be at my store (Hell, it still says "Aisle 809", I've yet to find the other 750 or so aisles above 50 to get anywhere close to the 800s). https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-2-5-in-x-30-ft-Pipe-Wrap-Tape/1002947426

I loosened the ramp assembly but was able to get by without fully removing it. Put two layers on.
4D73AD9A-CED7-4D88-87B5-4B20A2850C22 (resized).jpeg4D73AD9A-CED7-4D88-87B5-4B20A2850C22 (resized).jpeg

#14150 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I found it back in some dryer appliances section, it wasn't in the aisle lowes.com said it would be at my store (Hell, it still says "Aisle 809", I've yet to find the other 750 or so aisles above 50 to get anywhere close to the 800s). https://www.lowes.com/pd/3M-2-5-in-x-30-ft-Pipe-Wrap-Tape/1002947426
I loosened the ramp assembly but was able to get by without fully removing it. Put two layers on.
[quoted image]

Awesome, thanks! I ended up trying electrical tape on that part of the guide, but if that doesn't hold up as desired I'll track some of that stuff down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,428 posts in this topic. You are on page 283 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/283?hl=dashv and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.