IMG_3106 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2775 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2771 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2774 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2756 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5170 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 448.
#13951 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Would go with purple.

The shade of purple used on the LE is quite slick IMHO. Plenty of treads showing examples of powder coaters work on Pinside.

#13952 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

The shade of purple used on the LE is quite slick IMHO. Plenty of treads showing examples of powder coaters work on Pinside.

yeah but it's not powder coat

#13953 2 years ago

Hi All
UV lighting kit. Can you add the premium kit to a Pro? I can seem to find the premium kit available for sale, but not the Pro. So, wondering if I can add the premium kit to a Pro machine?
Thank you

#13954 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Hi All
UV lighting kit. Can you add the premium kit to a Pro? I can seem to find the premium kit available for sale, but not the Pro. So, wondering if I can add the premium kit to a Pro machine?
Thank you

yup

#13955 2 years ago

Cool. Why do they sell them separately as premium vs pro? Just curious…

#13956 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Cool. Why do they sell them separately as premium vs pro? Just curious…

the aprons attach to the playfield differently. but if you read back, it's been asked and answered on pretty much each of the previous one thousand pages

#13957 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the aprons attach to the playfield differently. but if you read back, it's been asked and answered on pretty much each of the previous one thousand pages

Wow… I see how it is lol . Thanks, I’ll take a look through the past 1000 pages

#13958 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Wow… I see how it is lol . Thanks, I’ll take a look through the past 1000 pages

i mean brah it was literally on the last page like three times lol

#13959 2 years ago

It’s all good… just having some fun .
Yep, previous page has a ton. Thanks. I will go order Prem kit.
New to the group, joining the club .

#13960 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

same here welcome and enjoy. it rules

#13961 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

2. The premium apron attaches differently to the playfield - 2 screws through playfield that are pre-attached to the apron and have nuts for under the playfield. These work fine, but the Premium screws into the metal playfield bars that clip into the front of the cabinet and the Premium apron doesn't come with these screws so you'll have to find 2 screws that are the right size.
Does anyone know the correct nut size for the Premium apron screws and the correct size for the playfield clip/bracket screws?

These work great.

90BDF154-7E26-4148-BD28-D4D7AE8341C9 (resized).jpeg90BDF154-7E26-4148-BD28-D4D7AE8341C9 (resized).jpeg
#13962 2 years ago

Added comet stadium lights, really like the results. Like that its a dark game but had this in a corner with no overhead lights so while this is brighter, the games playfield art is still hued to cold colors so doesn't feel too bight even with them

PXL_20220208_034302226 (resized).jpgPXL_20220208_034302226 (resized).jpg
#13963 2 years ago

That’s definitely one benefit of the pro - you can add as much lighting as you want to. I definitely want to do something like that, as my STH looks dim sitting between GOTLE and TWD.

#13964 2 years ago
Quoted from Gutterghoul:

Added comet stadium lights, really like the results. Like that its a dark game but had this in a corner with no overhead lights so while this is brighter, the games playfield art is still hued to cold colors so doesn't feel too bight even with them
[quoted image]

Now you can more clearly see on the left ramp where the guide will eat through

#13965 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Holy cow, through a staircase? One single guy? Granted they are not as heavy as a JJP, but still...
With regards to sound, it's amazing how much better it is compared to my SW Premium (stock speakers). It's really way way better

Not fun brought mine down solo and a mando. Love this game though. My daughter and I play all the time and we both love the theme. Great sound, cool flowing game too. UV kit just icing on the cake

#13966 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Just curious anyone who has powder coated. How do you handle the stern grainy lock down bar. Sand it down to smooth or leave as is.

#13967 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Just curious anyone who has powder coated. How do you handle the stern grainy lock down bar. Sand it down to smooth or leave as is.

Are you trying to do this yourself? If not, no prep work is needed. Just drop the parts off and pick out the color.

#13968 2 years ago

Had to share this ultimate fail...

Had a decent game going last night. I made it to Final Showdown and completed it!

Watched the wonderful animation to start snowball.
Plunged the ball and it hit one of the standup targets and then bounced to the right outlane
Snowball total: 100,000.

UGH!

#13969 2 years ago

No ball save? Thought it had a really long ball save on that mode.

#13970 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No ball save? Thought it had a really long ball save on that mode.

I was expecting a ball save...which is why I didnt try to nudge/save. Nope.

#13971 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I understand that to prep for powder coating, the surface is sandblasted down to metal. If that prep is not done the coating can chip off in wear areas.

#13972 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

I understand that to prep for powder coating, the surface is sandblasted down to metal. If that prep is not done the coating can chip off in wear areas.

Powdercoating should be done on clean, bare metal. Typical prep is sandblasting and some will do acid-etch for extra "tooth" on stainless.

#13973 2 years ago

had a pretty good TI2

broke my damn welcome to hawkins sign again though grr

20220208_183220 (resized).jpg20220208_183220 (resized).jpg
#13974 2 years ago
Quoted from noysboy:

I was expecting a ball save...which is why I didnt try to nudge/save. Nope.

Hmmm. Been a while since I’ve played it, but both times I played it for long time. It has add a balls and everything. Maybe another issue introduced with the new code?

#13975 2 years ago

According to ZMeny from FlipNout and TPN podcast -

Stern is done making STh PRO as well as the premium. I'm surprised the pro is done also. (He did mention he had a NIB premium in stock and listed for 14k.)

They are also done making UV kits, so grab one while you can if you are on the fence.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13976 2 years ago

i cant wait until Modine comes back this season and the LE skrockets in price due to him being on the backbox art MWAHAHAHAHAH

seriously though im never selling it

#13977 2 years ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

According to ZMeny from FlipNout and TPN podcast -
Stern is done making STh PRO as well as the premium. I'm surprised the pro is done also. (He did mention he had a NIB premium in stock and listed for 14k.)
They are also done making UV kits, so grab one while you can if you are on the fence.

Premium kits in stock (and at MSRP) from Cointaker. Mine just came in from them last weekend and I'm glad I pushed Melissa to just send me a Premium rather than wait on a Pro to come in. I was nervous that they wouldn't be making more Pro kits now that they're done making Sth

https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit1

#13978 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hmmm. Been a while since I’ve played it, but both times I played it for long time. It has add a balls and everything. Maybe another issue introduced with the new code?

There's no save starting Snowball in this vid it looks like

#13979 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

There's no save starting Snowball in this vid it looks like

Well that settles it. Glad I didn’t know this while playing. Probably would’ve drained quicker! Haha

#13980 2 years ago

Anyone have mirror blades installed? Wondering how they look compared to regular art blades.
Any preference?

#13981 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well that settles it. Glad I didn’t know this while playing. Probably would’ve drained quicker! Haha

I was watching another vid prior to that one to see if I could sniff it out - Dead Flip I think? - but he was on < 1.00 code so didn't get to play the mode. But when he got the plunge after beating the final demo mode, he stepped away and took a moment, and was cognizant of the danger of the shot with no save.

After I did the exact same thing noysboy did but after beating the S2 mini-wizard mode (I didn't know there was no save - found out when the ball never even touched a flipper), I'll be taking a moment and being very careful with the plunge in the future! What a way to go out.

#13982 2 years ago

About to rejoin this wonderful club. Trading my elvira house of horrors for a stranger things premium plus 1k cash. Do yall feel this is a good trade for me

#13983 2 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

About to rejoin this wonderful club. Trading my elvira house of horrors for a stranger things premium plus 1k cash. Do yall feel this is a good trade for me

Absolutely. Pinball for pinball!

#13984 2 years ago

Does the stranger things have the uv kit and other mods? It seems good if it does

#13985 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does the stranger things have the uv kit and other mods? It seems good if it does

Oh yes, topper,uv kit, shooter rod, side art and side rails

#13986 2 years ago

Oh yes, topper,uv kit, shooter rod, side art and side rails

That are giving you 1k plus stranger things prem?

#13987 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

That are giving you 1k plus stranger things prem?

Yes bc my elvira is so nice and has all the mods too.

#13988 2 years ago

Yes bc my elvira is so nice and has all the mods too.

I’d say that’s a great trade but I love stranger things. Elvira is fun I just don’t enjoy it as much as stranger things

#13989 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Are you trying to do this yourself? If not, no prep work is needed. Just drop the parts off and pick out the color.

No professional. but do they sand down the lock down bar?

Just saw the replies. Looks like they sandblast to metal.

#13990 2 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

No professional. but do they sand down the lock down bar?
Just saw the replies. Looks like they sandblast to metal.

I would assume they go back to bare metal. Make sure and take off the action button plate if there is one.

#13991 2 years ago

Joined the club today.

New machine from distributor. Built date 2020.
Found here some wrong labeling or cabeling.
Machin was tested by distributor and works.
can someone tell me if the labeled it wrong or if it is connected wrong.

Thanks

IMG_20220210_114120.jpgIMG_20220210_114120.jpg
#13992 2 years ago
Quoted from Lucxor:

Joined the club today.
New machine from distributor. Built date 2020.
Found here some wrong labeling or cabeling.
Machin was tested by distributor and works.
can someone tell me if the labeled it wrong or if it is connected wrong.
Thanks
[quoted image]

Do a switch test. The DT Sense is the drop target opto. I believe there is an opto behind the drop targets to sense when a ball is stuck back there so the drop targets can lower to let it out. Put the machine in switch test, block that opto and see if it registers as DT Sense. If it registers as screen, they are connected incorrectly.

#13993 2 years ago
Quoted from kempsuk:

Be careful i have an email asking this question to stern tech and they say it will not work

#13994 2 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

Be careful i have an email asking this question to stern tech and they say it will not work

there are like 40 people in the thread describing exactly how it will/does work, though?

#13995 2 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

Did they provide reasoning? Many people have done this without issue and zero modifications to their games.

#13996 2 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

They’re probably just trying to prevent a run on Premium kits.

#13997 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

there are like 40 people in the thread describing exactly how it will/does work, though?

I see the pin sider insight and trials not so sure why stern warned against it but they did. I was tempted to buy the premium kit as well cause I could not seem to find a pro kit online for retail. Got lucky this Monday when visiting a local Stern distributor and they had a pro kit just sitting there I was like that's awesome now will you sell it to me for retail cause I see lots of places are charging very inflated prices for this but sure enough they said I could have it for retail. Cha ching.

#13998 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Did they provide reasoning? Many people have done this without issue and zero modifications to their games.

Ryan writes:

The answer is no. The playfields on Pro games will not take Premium/LE aprons. They are missing holes.

Take care,

Ryan

Ryan Cravens
General Manager of Parts, Accessories and Merchandise

#13999 2 years ago

what the hell, Ryan

#14000 2 years ago
Quoted from Robmars716:

Ryan writes:
The answer is no. The playfields on Pro games will not take Premium/LE aprons. They are missing holes.
Take care,
Ryan
Ryan Cravens
General Manager of Parts, Accessories and Merchandise

Ryan is misinformed. Stranger Things Pro/Premium/LE playfields are all identical. Zero differences. This is unusual and not the case with most other games.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Commack, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,372 posts in this topic. You are on page 280 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/280?hl=robmars716 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.