IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 449.
#13851 2 years ago

I have been building a house for the last 18months and we finally moved in.

Simple arcade room isn't quite ready to show off but our door came in and I figured Stranger Things Fans would get a kick out of the etching.

IMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2955 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPGIMG_2957 (resized).JPG
#13852 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I have been building a house for the last 18months and we finally moved in.
Simple arcade room isn't quite ready to show off but our door came in and I figured Stranger Things Fans would get a kick out of the etching. [quoted image][quoted image]

I spy a TSPP and GNR!

#13853 2 years ago

This is not a good pin to play after 3 strong margaritas, I couldn’t break 100M. I’ll try again tomorrow with a lighter load.

#13854 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is not a good pin to play after 3 strong margaritas, I couldn’t break 100M. I’ll try again tomorrow with a lighter load.

or maybe 4 is the magic number!

#13855 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Where’s Marg mode achievement unlocked

#13856 2 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I find some days with Things I’m the same - just a string of terrible sub 100 games.
Next day , first game will be 1 billion .
It’s a crazy mixed up pinball world

#13857 2 years ago

While I do kind of like the Stern topper, I wanted to go with a little different concept and put this together today and think it came out really well!

E548E4E3-F117-4819-BF0D-46616165B8DF (resized).jpegE548E4E3-F117-4819-BF0D-46616165B8DF (resized).jpeg
#13858 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

While I do kind of like the Stern topper, I wanted to go with a little different concept and put this together today and think it came out really well!
[quoted image]

I love it! You can probably get $600 bucks in todays market for your topper! Haha

#13859 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

someone in this very thread is working on cracking the custom firmware for the projector which is i believe the current roadblock
but then you still need the projector assembly from Stern- it's $700, I think, with a $150 projector included, or find a way to 3-d print it

The current road block seems to be related to the Spike 2 board. According to another thread it's a different spike board: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-prem-projector-not-working-#post-5537365

Need to find if it's a Physical difference or it's a configuration on the spike 2 board.

#13860 2 years ago

Just saw a few pros in stock at my local dealer. Any word on if there will be another premium run?

#13861 2 years ago
Quoted from honkbahh:

Just saw a few pros in stock at my local dealer. Any word on if there will be another premium run?

There will not be another premium run according to Stern and distributors

#13862 2 years ago

Fellows I’m having some strange flickering from some of my insert lights. The 6 right side yellow mode insert lights ( slingshots and binoculars) and the red demogorgon battle insert lights, the burn it back insert and all the related RGB arrows are flickering and the RGB arrows are weakly changing colors when they arent supposed to. The flickering just started today, does it in attract mode as well. The RGB arrows, when they are lit during a game, will flicker between two or three different colors, rather weak and faintly, even when only one mode is running. Also the rightmost “O” insert is flickering too.
I see that all these inserts are lit by just two boards. Ive checked and reseated all the connectors on the two boards as well as on the main board in the backbox. Any idea what could be the cause? Thanks.

(Edit…just noticed the lower right flasher is exhibiting the same behavior in attract mode, flickering instead of lighting solidly like the other flashers)

#13863 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

There will not be another premium run according to Stern and distributors

The last run of Pros is it - ST is done..............

#13864 2 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

The last run of Pros is it - ST is done..............

The license may have run out but it could always be renewed, with Stern never say never. They renewed IM’s license twice.

I’m getting a bit worried about the uv light kit I ordered. My distro still hasn’t gotten his shipment…if Stern isn’t going to run any more machines maybe they won’t be ordering more light kits either…that would be a major bummer.

#13865 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

I see that all these inserts are lit by just two boards.

If the same boards are used elsewhere, you could try swapping things around as a test.

#13866 2 years ago

After another couple games the “O” insert light went out altogether and the flickering and color changing of the other insert lights got worse and worse. I checked all the connectors under the playfield this time and seated them all firmly, a couple seemed a tiny bit loose. Looking around, it turns out the “O” insert has its own little LED board with the wires soldered directly to it. I bent and wiggled those wires a bit looking for cold solder joints but couldnt see anything noticeable. I fired it back up and now all the lights are behaving as they should with no flickering, “O” insert is lit up again, no issues. So either it was a loose connector or possibly may be a solder issue at the little LED board, if the problem comes back Ill look there first.

#13867 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The license may have run out but it could always be renewed, with Stern never say never. They renewed IM’s license twice.
I’m getting a bit worried about the uv light kit I ordered. My distro still hasn’t gotten his shipment…if Stern isn’t going to run any more machines maybe they won’t be ordering more light kits either…that would be a major bummer.

Mine finally showed up from a July?ish order last year. I don’t know where you ordered from but it sounded like due to the supply issues some distros were getting kind of random shipments of stuff from stern from whatever they got manufactured that week or month.. I bet that stern at least makes enough kits to meet distros orders.. eventually

#13868 2 years ago

Hey there everyone; looking for some advice.

I am finally getting around to installing LED's in Billy's Camaro and Hoppers Blazer. What did you all use for mounts and where did you mount them? Just curios as how to fabricate my own mount.
Also curious as to why Hopper's Blazer at lermods hooks into the backbox? I was just going to tie mine into the lights under the play field?

Thanks

#13869 2 years ago

I started watching the show for the first time. I love the pin but not huge on creepy shit. I watched the first three episodes and it’s really good. It’s really putting things into perspective on the pin lol. I think this might be a keeper and we trade out/sell afm se

#13870 2 years ago

Season 3 translite from Retro Refurbs looks great!

BB982F1D-0B59-451C-8A89-8A69499073D9 (resized).jpegBB982F1D-0B59-451C-8A89-8A69499073D9 (resized).jpeg
#13871 2 years ago

I've read through a lot of the posts regarding the left orbit feed hitting the left sling, but wanted to see if there was ever a definitive fix that didn't involve bending or relocating the ball guide. My Pro was from the December run and it seems to have the same issue as others where the kick out from the mystery lock coming down the left orbit hits the left sling about 80% of the time. I've tried multiple different slopes, completely level left and right, left leaning, right leaning and no matter what, I can't get it to feed down to the left flipper consistently.

Did everyone just end up bending their left ball guides or drilling new holes for the screws securing the end of the ball guide to direct it more towards the middle of the playfield and away from the left sling?

#13872 2 years ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

I've read through a lot of the posts regarding the left orbit feed hitting the left sling, but wanted to see if there was ever a definitive fix that didn't involve bending or relocating the ball guide. My Pro was from the December run and it seems to have the same issue as others where the kick out from the mystery lock coming down the left orbit hits the left sling about 80% of the time. I've tried multiple different slopes, completely level left and right, left leaning, right leaning and no matter what, I can't get it to feed down to the left flipper consistently.
Did everyone just end up bending their left ball guides or drilling new holes for the screws securing the end of the ball guide to direct it more towards the middle of the playfield and away from the left sling?

I just bent the ball guide slightly and it fixed the issue - no need to drill additional holes.

#13873 2 years ago
Quoted from Tarheel4985:

Same - mine's from the December run and driving me crazy right now with the left orbit hitting the sling. I've tried the left lean, removing a small amount of the spring on the lock so it won't come back up too quickly, adjusted the lane guide out. That worked for a day or two, but it managed to slide back to the original spot so I think bending is my only option now - being careful not to send burn it back shots SDTM.

#13874 2 years ago

check to see if the up post is hitting the ball and slamming it against the rail. If it is then you need to cut the spring on the up post to make it raise slower. There is no adjustment for it in the software. I posted about it in this thread so if you search my name you will find my post which I believe quotes the original finder of that solution.

#13875 2 years ago

Mine has been working for a decent amount of time now where if anything it generally hits the very bottom of the sling and still allows for a flipper trap, and burn it backs come back on the flipper. I didn't bend, just loosened screws and held the guide out, then retightened screws. I snugged a Bally post rubber in similar to HurryUp Pinball's video (though there was way too much room to place it where he did on mine, I had to go further up). Not sure if that's doing anything to deaden the impact of the ball from the plunger kickout or help hold the guide at all.

#13876 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I still play on 1.02 code on my pro. Unless you have an insider connect machine and care about that stuff, I don't see the point in moving up. I've added a lot of music and customization on top of Cleland's code to 1.02 so I'll continue with that.
If/when I ever finish the game and get to the Snowball, I may regret it but I don't see that happening anytime soon .

I noticed this on mine also, but I installed the UV kit and adjusted the focus while I had the apron off. Just seemed like I couldn't get it as crisp as before, but now I guess I know why. I'll roll mine back also and see if I notice the difference (probably will). Once I've done that and verified, I'll email Pablo also.

For me, the older code is probably fine, because I doubt I'll ever get to that snowball thing anytime soon anyway. But, obviously it would be best if Stern would fix that so that we can get the bug fixes without a blurry projector!

#13877 2 years ago

Made it to & beat Light the Fire. Drained but did not bug and end my game like Send It Back on 1.05 (at least logged in w/insider connect). Though I swear I had an extra ball queued up prior to the force drain, and did not afterwards. (And of course it wasn’t a normal skill shot plunge with a ball save, so I hit the drop targets, immediately drained, and that was the end of my game).

#13878 2 years ago

if anyone near me is willing to trade there stranger things for my excalibur, monte carlo and triple action let me know.

#13879 2 years ago

Thinking of joining the club with a pro. What do you guys love about this game? Take me to school haha

#13880 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Thinking of joining the club with a pro. What do you guys love about this game? Take me to school haha

The theme integration, the linear nature that doesn’t get old. It has a big scoring opportunity right around the corner at every step. Multiple milestones to work for (total iso 1, then 2, then the mini wizards, then the main wizard). The demo mode ladder is a separate game on its own that can be massive points if you can make the mouth consistently.

#13881 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

1. Theme Integration - Plenty of clips and sound from the show plus Hopper doing all of the callouts.

2. Depth - The game is pretty deep with lots of different modes but you get to see a lot of them even if you’re a casual player. For example, some of my friends just smack the ball around and they end up getting in to 1 of the 12 episode modes and a demogorgan mode.

3. Simplicity - I don’t feel like I have to spend 15 minutes explaining the rules to someone who asks unlike some other games.

4. Fun Factor - This is more a personal preference but I think that the demogorgan bash target and ramp are really fun, the loops are super satisfying to combo, and I enjoy most of the modes in the game.

#13882 2 years ago

You have a lot of good reasons right now. I got mine before new year and love the code. Simple to follow but hard to complete. You need to have the uv kit for upside world though. It’s pretty amazing. I like my pro so much that if a pin has to move I would keep it over my other most recent last year which is afm SE, GZ pro or JP pro. That’s saying a lot

#13883 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The demo mode ladder is a separate game on its own that can be massive points if you can make the mouth consistently.

I’ve hit it in the mouth maybe three times out of fifty games. What can be done to dial it in some?

#13884 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’ve hit it in the mouth maybe three times out of fifty games. What can be done to dial it in some?

Seriously?

Key posts are your friend mr moderator.

But it honestly depends on how your shits are missing. Too high or too low?

#13885 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Seriously?
Key posts are your friend mr moderator.

Instructions unclear; removing spacers from my toilet

#13886 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

there are two spacers sitting under the demigorgon that you can either remove or adjust thickness on to change how the demogorgon's mouth sits. if you're hitting the glass a lot it's probably leaning back/up too high. you should also remove the little stopper the demo's chin sits on. i was in the same boat as you for three months- take the time to read the key posts and make the adjustment now, it's like adding a second game to your game to be able to work the demogorgon ladder

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26#post-5455391

#13887 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Instructions unclear; removing spacers from my toilet

Post of the day. Thank you!

#13888 2 years ago

Looking for a reasonably priced Premium. Now wipe that spit off your screen from laughing with while drinking your coffee. Seriously. Looking for a reasonably priced Premium.

#13889 2 years ago

there are two spacers sitting under the demigorgon that you can either remove or adjust thickness on to change how the demogorgon's mouth sits. if you're hitting the glass a lot it's probably leaning back/up too high. you should also remove the little stopper the demo's chin sits on. i was in the same boat as you for three months- take the time to read the key posts and make the adjustment now, it's like adding a second game to your game to be able to work the demogorgon ladder
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26#post-5455391

making that change you have to remove the spacer on the one way gate under the chin of the Demo as well. so in all 3 spacers are removed. That is IF the ball is hitting low which seems to be the vast majority. If it is hitting high then raising the demo by adding washers to the spacers to increase the height is the key.

#13890 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Looking for a reasonably priced Premium. Now wipe that spit off your screen from laughing with while drinking your coffee. Seriously. Looking for a reasonably priced Premium.

me too buddy, me too.

GOTG for trade bait...

#13891 2 years ago

spacer/stopper/tomayto/tomahto

#13892 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

what is your idea of reasonably priced? right here in this thread someone is offering a 3 to 1 trade and I've personally been offered 15k for my LE and there's a 17k LE Sale Pending in the marketplace

not sure a reasonably priced STh exists

#13893 2 years ago

what is your idea of reasonably priced? right here in this thread someone is offering a 3 to 1 trade and I've personally been offered 15k for my LE

15k for your LE is probably under market, crazy as it sounds. I'm hoping to find one that i can eventually sell my pro (after acquiring) and be out around 2k. My pro sth plays so good i'm afraid to let it go before I can be sure the premium plays as well.

#13894 2 years ago

i feel like an idiot not selling for a 5k profit but i think my daughter would kill me and my wife thinks the projector and TK lock are the bees knees

forgoing a 7k profit means i might need to get my head examined

#13896 2 years ago

I’d didn’t like them. They are super thick and hard to install and they are hard to see at most angles. Just end up looking blurry most of the time.

#13897 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can tell by where the streaks are on the bowl, shouldn't be very hard to dial that in.

#13898 2 years ago

I love how my phone autocorrects shots to shits, but fuck is always autocorrected to duck.

#13899 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d didn’t like them. They are super thick and hard to install and they are hard to see at most angles. Just end up looking blurry most of the time.

Thanks

#13900 2 years ago

Just adding to what I love about the game: it’s my only pin with this kind of mood and music. When I’m in the mood for dark and atmospheric, I play STH.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Frisco, TX
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 278 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/278?hl=xdetroit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.