20220514_165847 (resized).jpg
b28c87cc684dbe63318643a3f8a5e25805a14787 (resized).jpg
5a4cd8a6266b21cf2826129eadb7151c49b80a2c (resized).jpg
2022-05-15 13.43.17 (resized).jpg
2022-05-14 19.46.00 (resized).jpg
756E7F54-E893-4463-926A-D0EAF6D822AA (resized).jpeg
IMG_20220424_174444 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 298.
#13801 4 months ago

This is such a great game. It just feels
”complete”. Few things though. I’m struggeling to complete the first demodog mode. Easy to start-near impossible to complete. Any strategies here? Also, finding Barb, great mode and a ”hard to explain” kind of moment when my kids complete it. I don’t like the randomness and the 40 million award if you find her on your first shot. Is this removable?

#13802 4 months ago

Pair the first demo dog mode with a MB. Helps clear the standups safer and faster.

No on the Barb question.

#13803 4 months ago

Does the topper add a mode or anything to gameplay at all? Trying to justify the expense

#13804 4 months ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I think they went back to previous code and it fixed it

Yeah, rolling back code to a previous version fixes the sharpness/contrast/brightness settings, but the insider connected version, the latest code, is the one that makes the projector look worse.

I just find it odd that I’m the only one noticing it. It’s very obvious from across the room.

I got a hold of Pablo at Stern, and he said he was going to forward it to their engineering team. He said I was the first person who brought it up.

Any other premium / le owners care to swap back to previous versions to see what I mean?

Could be just a wacky issue with my projector, but I kinda doubt it, since it’s very much tied to the version of the code.

#13805 4 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

Does the topper add a mode or anything to gameplay at all? Trying to justify the expense

Nope.

#13806 4 months ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

No but its really cool to sit in the dark and look at it! And it does react to different shots/modes in the game.

#13807 4 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Yeah, rolling back code to a previous version fixes the sharpness/contrast/brightness settings, but the insider connected version, the latest code, is the one that makes the projector look worse.
I just find it odd that I’m the only one noticing it. It’s very obvious from across the room.
I got a hold of Pablo at Stern, and he said he was going to forward it to their engineering team. He said I was the first person who brought it up.
Any other premium / le owners care to swap back to previous versions to see what I mean?
Could be just a wacky issue with my projector, but I kinda doubt it, since it’s very much tied to the version of the code.

Yes! Mine did it, too. Focus/contrast/sharpness is terrible. Went back to prior code and problem was fixed. The new code has something screwed up on the projector settings.

I emailed pablo, also.

#13808 4 months ago

In the club, I got a nice pro with topper uv kit, stern art blades installed and Cleland code. Any must have mods?

#13809 4 months ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

Yes! Mine did it, too. Focus/contrast/sharpness is terrible. Went back to prior code and problem was fixed. The new code has something screwed up on the projector settings.
I emailed pablo, also.

Ok great, glad to know I wasn’t going crazy or that something went weird with my specific projector.

I suspect it’s simply the brightness/contrast/sharpness settings of the projector didn’t get carried over to the latest code. I was hoping Pablo would give us the code to tweak those settings ourselves

#13810 4 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Ok great, glad to know I wasn’t going crazy or that something went weird with my specific projector.
I suspect it’s simply the brightness/contrast/sharpness settings of the projector didn’t get carried over to the latest code. I was hoping Pablo would give us the code to tweak those settings ourselves

What I don't understand is why/how these settings would be in the code itself, this is usually more inside the projector settings.

Unless Stern has a full custom firmware for the projector where these settings are controlled externally

#13811 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

What I don't understand is why/how these settings would be in the code itself, this is usually more inside the projector settings.
Unless Stern has a full custom firmware for the projector where these settings are controlled externally

Yes. Custom firmware for the projector.

#13812 3 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It makes sense that the internal settings for the projector would be part of the code.

Let’s say they tweak the insert brightness - that will have a direct impact on the projector’s clarity and contrast, so you’d want to compensate for any table lighting tweaks on the projector as well.

I just wish these settings were accessible in the adjustments menu, that way, we could customize our projectors based on dark home environments or bright location play.

#13813 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. Custom firmware for the projector.

Does anyone know which exact projector Stern is using on this machine? I’d love to buy a backup, or experiment with getting into the firmware myself.

#13814 3 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

Does anyone know which exact projector Stern is using on this machine? I’d love to buy a backup, or experiment with getting into the firmware myself.

Someone found it and posted in this thread at some point, but I cannot remember who. It was a while ago though.

#13815 3 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

manual says it's this projector PROJECTOR, NANNING WINTOP INT'L TRDNG, MODEL S6000

I haven't been able to buy one but I would love to pick up a spare that isn't part of a $700 assembly from Stern

possibly this? https://www.tradewheel.com/p/portable-audio-video-cd-player-video-280622/

Here is the projector in question.

I'm assuming that many different manufacturers in china produce this. S6000 models all look kinda the same.

#13816 3 months ago

Any body powder coat your pro? If so got pics? Im looking for ideas.
Harley D.

#13817 3 months ago
Quoted from Caveman-Gurkan:

This is such a great game. It just feels
”complete”. Few things though. I’m struggeling to complete the first demodog mode. Easy to start-near impossible to complete. Any strategies here? Also, finding Barb, great mode and a ”hard to explain” kind of moment when my kids complete it. I don’t like the randomness and the 40 million award if you find her on your first shot. Is this removable?

First Demodog mode is one of the few few misfires in the game I think. With such a cool start sequence it then feels like a chore, perhaps should have been a 2 ball multiball, or some sort of add a ball action perhaps ... obviously that would then prevent it being stacked into another multiball mode.

#13818 3 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

First Demodog mode is one of the few few misfires in the game I think. With such a cool start sequence it then feels like a chore, perhaps should have been a 2 ball multiball, or some sort of add a ball action perhaps ... obviously that would then prevent it being stacked into another multiball mode.

I agree, it would be fine if it didn't lock you out of starting a mode.

#13819 3 months ago

the only time i can hit the right ramp reliably is during demodog 1 mode

i hate having a mode that involves hitting a target you can't actually aim for

#13821 3 months ago

having one of the drop targets down when you start DD1 is a bonus because then you can try to shoot at the two big standups under the 'gorgon and get credit for 3 or 4 hits sometimes

#13822 3 months ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

When you guys transferred the Brian eddy signiature plastic to the uv le apron did you also use that clear plastic protector on top ?

Nevermind I answered my own question, I left the plastic protector on top. FYI for anyone doing this, I had to remove the LED strip light to get the signed plastic piece onto the three screw mounts, then put the LED strip back on

IMG_5685 (resized).jpeg
#13823 3 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

having one of the drop targets down when you start DD1 is a bonus because then you can try to shoot at the two big standups under the 'gorgon and get credit for 3 or 4 hits sometimes

That is what I try to do but the mode is very difficult to complete regardless. It has actually become my least favorite mode of the entire game.

#13824 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

That is what I try to do but the mode is very difficult to complete regardless. It has actually become my least favorite mode of the entire game.

yeah it sucks

try to save your third multiball lock for it

#13825 3 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

I still play on 1.02 code on my pro. Unless you have an insider connect machine and care about that stuff, I don't see the point in moving up. I've added a lot of music and customization on top of Cleland's code to 1.02 so I'll continue with that.

If/when I ever finish the game and get to the Snowball, I may regret it but I don't see that happening anytime soon .

#13826 3 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

This one: https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/LSP-Smart-Mini-Projector-DLP-Handheld_60785080274.html

#13827 3 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

It has actually become my least favorite mode of the entire game.

I figured it was right in Eddy line with trolls & martian attack similarly for me...they can't ALL be things/modes I like/want to do.

#13828 3 months ago

For the first demodog mode I usually just hit the 2 standups under the demo. Usually quite safe to finish it out and I usually get 2 or 3 hits per shot up there depending on if I sneak it behind some drops still up. I regularly finish that mode targeting those 2 targets. I don't really worry about the increase you get from hitting all the targets.

#13829 3 months ago

This game is tough! Had a couple games in the 400-500k range but a lot of short low scoring games….man, the factory set wide open outlanes are hungry! And it seems as though the shot angles to hit the ramps are different somehow than what Im used to, I just cannot get in the groove and keep clanging off the standups and straight down the outlanes. More practice is in order! Loving the game so far.

#13830 3 months ago

I'm curious, Is it possible to stream the content of the projector by using direct feed (hdmi port)?

#13831 3 months ago
Quoted from jurulz:

I'm curious, Is it possible to stream the content of the projector by using direct feed (hdmi port)?

I don’t see why not.

#13832 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t see why not.

i have a black screen

Seems that custom HDMI timing here…

#13833 3 months ago

I'm catching up on this thread and have a question.

With the crazy prices of Premiums and LEs, is there any reason why someone couldn't put a Premium apron and aftermarket apron on a Pro and then install the Premium code to get the projected images on the ramps, etc. There is already the improved projection material that folks are using to upgrade their Premiums and it could simply be installed on Pros.

It seems like with about $400 you could upgrade the Pro to project images like the Premium.

#13834 3 months ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I'm catching up on this thread and have a question.
With the crazy prices of Premiums and LEs, is there any reason why someone couldn't put a Premium apron and aftermarket apron on a Pro and then install the Premium code to get the projected images on the ramps, etc. There is already the improved projection material that folks are using to upgrade their Premiums and it could simply be installed on Pros.
It seems like with about $400 you could upgrade the Pro to project images like the Premium.

someone in this very thread is working on cracking the custom firmware for the projector which is i believe the current roadblock

but then you still need the projector assembly from Stern- it's $700, I think, with a $150 projector included, or find a way to 3-d print it

#13835 3 months ago

I bought the pro because I prefer that version. I honestly don’t get the fascination with the projector, when 90% of the video is the same on the Pro’s LCD, and it’s bigger and looks much better on the LCD (imho).

#13836 3 months ago

Looking for an LE if anyone wants to let one go. My 13 yr old has been wanting this title for awhile and I have a few other modern LEs that this would go well with.

Will pay a good price!!!

#13837 3 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought the pro because I prefer that version. I honestly don’t get the fascination with the projector, when 90% of the video is the same on the Pro’s LCD, and it’s bigger and looks much better on the LCD (imho).

Because it looks awesome

I'll add this: Everyone goes ape shit over the uv kit (which is really cool, don't get me wrong), but it's hardly ever on. If I had to pick I'd take the projector over uv kit 10/10.

#13838 3 months ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Because it looks awesome
I'll add this: Everyone goes ape shit over the uv kit (which is really cool, don't get me wrong), but it's hardly ever on. If I had to pick I'd take the projector over uv kit 10/10.

I would add to that... I almost never look up to the main LCD screen (except when there's a pause), because it's outside the field of view when playing, and you risk losing the ball. Whereas the animations on the projector screen, you always see them, can't miss them

#13839 3 months ago

The little touches too are great. The flames that go over the whole game when you hit burn it back

The ash during demo modes

??? Everywhere during Barb

The demo dogs walking across targets

The flaming letters on the drops

The hypnotic spinner

Jackpot ramps

Even the mode timer marquee is great

Unlike every other LCD game, on the premium of this game you actually enjoy the LCD animations while you play because you can see them while you play.

#13840 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I find it fascinating that I can glance at the mode timer displayed on the side of the ramp, while adverting my eyes to the top of the monitor to see the mode progress feels like an eternity and shows me how little I like glancing up at the monitor when playing.

#13841 3 months ago

literally everyone that sees the game comments on the projector. do we know if it's patented in this application or will we see it on other machines?

#13842 3 months ago

I would love to see it again. Such a great idea and is a wow factor for when guests were over.

Regret selling it a little bit because of how much guests and casuals loved it.

#13843 3 months ago

yeah guests and casuals are the only people besides me that play at my house and MAN do they love the projector. im gonna have to either sell this thing soon or bolt it to the floor

#13844 3 months ago

kind of want to see individual LED screen drop targets now.

like the Optimus Maximus keyboard https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimus_Maximus_keyboard

#13845 3 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The little touches too are great. The flames that go over the whole game when you hit burn it back
The ash during demo modes
??? Everywhere during Barb
The demo dogs walking across targets
The flaming letters on the drops
The hypnotic spinner
Jackpot ramps
Unlike every other LCD game, on the premium of this game you actually enjoy the LCD animations while you play because you can see them while you play.

I hardly ever see it mentioned, but for me the projector and the screen reminds me of a drive in theater and there is nothing more nostalgic and cool than a monster revealing itself behind the movie screen. It's really a brilliant idea for the theme.

As far as the other projections that Chuck laid out, they pulled me in and completely immersed me into the game. They really make the game come to life and there is nothing else like it. Couple all of that with great sounds and UV, it makes for one of the great pinball experiences.

#13846 3 months ago

Installed the Insider Connect on my pro today. I didn’t want to install it in the factory location and loose the artwork on the apron, so I made a custom mount in the apron card area. Then I added a custom apron card to tie it all together. I think it turned out pretty good. I like this set up much better than the factory location for the Pro, or even the coin door mount that some are doing. I believe this is the factory location on the Premium/LE. They should have done the same for the Pros. If I didn’t already have the Pro UV kit I would have just ordered the Prem/LE kit and saved myself some time and effort.

D41DCFA3-F5A3-44B5-A5B3-28D30678C6F1 (resized).jpeg

A2AD430F-FC7D-4B27-9207-8E1DDCA3A5CC (resized).jpeg

#13847 3 months ago

Looks great! Did you just cut a square in your UV Kit apron?

#13848 3 months ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Looks great! Did you just cut a square in your UV Kit apron?

Yes, exactly. I actually made the apron card first. I then cut the square out of the card and placed the card on the apron. This told me exactly where I needed to cut my square on the apron. Then I cut the apron an mounted the IC in. Wasn’t too difficult at all. Probably took me more time to make the apron card on the computer than it did to cut and mount the IC.

#13849 3 months ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Yes, exactly. I actually made the apron card first. I then cut the square out of the card and placed the card on the apron. This told me exactly where I needed to cut my square on the apron. Then I cut the apron an mounted the IC in. Wasn’t too difficult at all. Probably took me more time to make the apron card on the computer than it did to cut and mount the IC.

That looks good. I'm having a friend scan my cards to do something similar on mine. I got rid of any scanners and printers years ago. He's in the graphic design/print biz. Hoping to keep it sorta factory looking with the black card with the Christmas lights border and have the Stern and Insider Connected logos. Simple and functional.

#13850 3 months ago

Is there a good premium tutorial video? May be joining club soon

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Southbury, CT
There are 14,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 277 of 298.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!