36lpt2 (resized).jpg
862CD6AE-A458-4778-A193-EBA8AB525C6F (resized).jpeg
08CCA327-8637-4610-87EC-F6F26F76BC90 (resized).jpeg
20220514_165847 (resized).jpg
b28c87cc684dbe63318643a3f8a5e25805a14787 (resized).jpg
5a4cd8a6266b21cf2826129eadb7151c49b80a2c (resized).jpg
2022-05-15 13.43.17 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

17 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 14,919 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 299.
#13751 4 months ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I made the mistake of selling this game last year and really regretted it. I was able to pick up a NIB from the recent December run and decided to go all out this time. I created three install tutorials and figured I would share them with the group in case anyone is considering installing a lighted shooter rod, topper, or side armor. Stay safe and play more pinball!

Do not forget about your UV Light video which also dovetails into fixing the outer left lane dropping the ball on the slingshot.

#13752 4 months ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

...dovetails into fixing the outer left lane dropping the ball on the slingshot.

This drop to the left sling has been driving me insane...Thanks for the reminder to adjust this tonight.

I had to do this on the launch ball guide also (someone was just complaining about this...). Both plunge and auto-launch would only go either straight into mystery or clip the far left standup. There was no way at all to hit anything else. I moved the ball guide just a pinch and now I can at least hit the left 2 targets. On the plus side, the original trajectory got me 2 MXV skill shots with unexpected paths to the scoop (target, off L ramp, off R ramp, into scoop)

mxv (resized).png
#13753 4 months ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Hey all,
I'm considering purchasing this one. If you could start over or make the best decision, would you recommend I consider the Pro or Premium for this pin?
I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but is there a huge difference, or would I be happy with a pro?
I've read the Pro is a totally different game. Is that true?
Thanks in advance!

I have a Pro, my friend local had an LE. The projector is kinda cool , but I think the idea of it is better than the actual execution. Still too much blank white on the ramps, which doesn’t look great. The TK lock is cool, but not that much of a wow tbh, and no game changer. Overall I’m just not sure it’s worth the extra thousands.

#13754 4 months ago

The projector is what makes the NST special….

#13755 4 months ago
Quoted from Svente69:

The projector is what makes the NST special….

Right, but at current market prices, the tiny projector in STh Pre/Le costs as much as a home theater 4K projector.

#13756 4 months ago

Team, I turned on my STh premium today and it keeps rebooting over and over at the initialization screen. Projector turns on all white for a second or two then goes and game reboots. Have not moved it or recently done any updates (running cleland's latest code). Any ideas?

#13757 4 months ago

Try a new SD card with a fresh flash of the software to eliminate card issues

#13758 4 months ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Try a new SD card with a fresh flash of the software to eliminate card issues

Thanks. but do cards fry over time? Just odd that it would be an SD card all of a sudden after months of working fine. I need to look to see if I have the cleland code still on my computer!

#13759 4 months ago

If you are still using the one that came with the machine they go bad. Quality is not good with them. Out of 4 nib machines I've had 2 bad ones and the other 2 I replaced before they could go bad. On my stranger things it would randomly not boot until I opened the coin door then try again. Odd for sure. Replaced card and never happened again. Guardians also had issues. First thing I do now is trash the sd card and flash the latest software on a new one.

#13760 4 months ago

If you are still using the one that came with the machine they go bad. Quality is not good with them. Out of 4 nib machines I've had 2 bad ones and the other 2 I replaced before they could go bad. On my stranger things it would randomly not boot until I opened the coin door then try again. Odd for sure. Replaced card and never happened again. Guardians also had issues. First thing I do now is trash the sd card and flash the latest software on a new one.

Thanks very helpful and will give it a try! Its not the stock SD card but a new SD card with cleland code I installed about 1 year go.

#13761 4 months ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Thanks very helpful and will give it a try! Its not the stock SD card but a new SD card with cleland code I installed about 1 year go.

Make sure it’s a class 10 card.

#13762 4 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I have the UV kit but haven't installed yet - in your experience, does the UV kit make the playfield easier or harder to see?

Funny you should ask. The UV lighting is so bright and complete, that the playfield looks dark when it goes back to regular play. It makes sense: you basically have UV pinstadiums installed. I’ve been thinking of augmenting the regular GI.

#13763 4 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

I have a Pro, my friend local had an LE. The projector is kinda cool , but I think the idea of it is better than the actual execution. Still too much blank white on the ramps, which doesn’t look great. The TK lock is cool, but not that much of a wow tbh, and no game changer. Overall I’m just not sure it’s worth the extra thousands.

I was sort of sad that I didn’t get a premium, but the one thing that always bothered me was how the game looked when turned off. In the end I am quite pleased with the pro, and if the premium code can work on the pro to incorporate the swipe a ball feature (which it sounds like it is possible from what I’ve read in recent posts) then I truly feel as though I’m not missing much. It’s funny but the part I miss the most about the projector is how it would light up the drop targets. Giving up the TK lock was a non-issue for me. In the end I am abundantly pleased with the pro model with uv kit, topper and lighted shooter rod. Cheers!

#13764 4 months ago
Quoted from Ive:

Yeah, I would have to agree. Your post along with the others that replied have made me perfectly happy getting a pro. Thanks all for your opinions. I have one on the way now

#13765 4 months ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

SD cards are notoriously know for going bad over time, as every Raspberry Pi enthusiast will tell you. Unless you use industrial class SD cards, which I do, in which case their lifetime is a few orders of magnitude above regular 'consumer grade' SD cards.

#13766 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Funny you should ask. The UV lighting is so bright and complete, that the playfield looks dark when it goes back to regular play. It makes sense: you basically have UV pinstadiums installed. I’ve been thinking of augmenting the regular GI.

I added one spotlight to illuminate the center of the pf. Just enough light without overpowering the dark mood of the game.

#13767 4 months ago

Pro Stern UV kit in marketplace

#13768 4 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

You're dropping an $800 UV Kit ad in the owner's thread?? OUCH!!

#13769 4 months ago

Got a new ST pro in December. Yay!

Have a couple questions for dialing this game in.

1) My right orbit shot seems pretty clunky, as in, I actually hear a clunk and sometimes it doesn't make it into the pops. Does anyone else have this issue? Are there adjustments?

2) My left return from the Mystery shot *was* hitting the left sling. I followed all the guides, tried to adjust the ball guide, but the only way I could get it back to the left flipper is to make my game lean to the right a bit. All of the guides I've read state "slightly leaning to the left". Is there a reason for this? Is there anything I'm missing? I was literally trying to bend that ball guide, and yes, the pop up does knock the ball to the left a bit, but hey it's still going to the flipper.

Thanks!

#13770 4 months ago

My right orbit shot often doesnt hit the switch up there but goes right past it without tripping the switch. Has to be a certain speed to run over it or it seems to pass by it on the side. Is this the same on all the ST?

#13771 4 months ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thx for your input (and others that chimed in). I'm going to install the kit this weekend and give it a go!

#13772 4 months ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Thx for your input (and others that chimed in). I'm going to install the kit this weekend and give it a go!

If you don't like it, you could always list it for $800!

#13773 4 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

My right orbit shot often doesnt hit the switch up there but goes right past it without tripping the switch. Has to be a certain speed to run over it or it seems to pass by it on the side. Is this the same on all the ST?

I only saw one person mention this in the entire thread I think. Anyways, here was that one person!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/45#post-5499433

#13774 4 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

PinballLife has them in-stock for half that....

#13775 4 months ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

My left return from the Mystery shot *was* hitting the left sling. I followed all the guides, tried to adjust the ball guide, but the only way I could get it back to the left flipper is to make my game lean to the right a bit. All of the guides I've read state "slightly leaning to the left". Is there a reason for this? Is there anything I'm missing? I was literally trying to bend that ball guide, and yes, the pop up does knock the ball to the left a bit, but hey it's still going to the flipper.

I think the thought behind a left lean was it would give the ball a bit more oomph to roll away from the plunger before the plunger hit it, vs. the plunger potentially smacking it into the orbit guide a bit.

Some people in the thread had tried using different springs for the plunger itself to avoid this, I'm not sure to what degree of success. I think what I saw in the thread was this spring but cut off two of the coils. I have said spring but haven't tried - I loosened the guide screws on mine and retightened with the bottom of the guide moved out a bit, that has been working ok so far for me. If it returns to its old position, my next move would probably be a slight bend like HurryUpPinball's video. If you go too far though, I could see some burn it back returns going more towards STDM - right now I think mine barely hits at the bottom-most part of the sling when ejected from Mystery / slower clunky orbit returns, but burn it backs with spin and speed on them come back more on the flipper.

Spring:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-return-tapered-compression-spring.html

#13776 4 months ago

yeah the right orbit is just sort of a clunky shot imho. really the only criticism I have of the game

it's like they had to make it sort of shit to counter how awesome the left orbit is, that way you get an average of two pretty okay orbits

#13777 4 months ago
Quoted from Boatshoe:

Got a new ST pro in December. Yay!
Have a couple questions for dialing this game in.
1) My right orbit shot seems pretty clunky, as in, I actually hear a clunk and sometimes it doesn't make it into the pops. Does anyone else have this issue? Are there adjustments?
2) My left return from the Mystery shot *was* hitting the left sling. I followed all the guides, tried to adjust the ball guide, but the only way I could get it back to the left flipper is to make my game lean to the right a bit. All of the guides I've read state "slightly leaning to the left". Is there a reason for this? Is there anything I'm missing? I was literally trying to bend that ball guide, and yes, the pop up does knock the ball to the left a bit, but hey it's still going to the flipper.
Thanks!

That’s your issue. That post should never hit the ball. The lean to the left helps the ball roll out of the way faster.

#13778 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That’s your issue. That post should never hit the ball. The lean to the left helps the ball roll out of the way faster.

I'll try to rebalance again, to see what results. The left guide is set as far right as I can possibly get it, and when the game was leaning left, and the post was not hitting the ball,but the ball was still was hitting the sling shot. Seems to be a tricky balance!

Thanks all.

#13779 4 months ago

Yep. Every game is a bit different.

#13780 4 months ago

Official pro owner! Got my December run machine set up, updated, leveled, just got to put in my UV kit with glow rubbers and ill be cookin. Lucky for me the left ball guide can hit sling, but never does on burn it back loop. Also can hit the demo hole, not all the time but enough to reassure I shouldn't need to adjust just yet. So is very much machine to machine. Left flipper button clicks a bit, but will just hit it with some canned air snd hope that clears anything out. BTW love seeing all the community help!

#13781 4 months ago

Hello everyone, after weeks of waiting (game was born Dec 18) my pro arrived on Wednesday evening. I installed the UV kit and shaker motor and spent a day playing yesterday. I'm happy to report that my game is playing like a dream and I haven't noticed anything that needs to be tweaked as of yet other than updating the code. This is my first NIB game and first Stern.

As far as the game itself I find it addicting as all hell and I'm thrilled with my decision to buy it. Only complaint is the dimpling but I can understand it and feel like it will go unnoticed over the long run as it evens out.

Cheers!!!

#13782 4 months ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

SD cards are notoriously know for going bad over time, as every Raspberry Pi enthusiast will tell you. Unless you use industrial class SD cards, which I do, in which case their lifetime is a few orders of magnitude above regular 'consumer grade' SD cards.

Thanks. Any examples of industrial class? I don't mind spending a little more to avoid this issue from recurring across my machines.

#13783 4 months ago

This card is great. Use it in my games. No issues.

SanDisk 32GB Ultra SDHC UHS-I Memory Card - 90MB/s, C10, U1, Full HD, SD Card - SDSDUNR-032G-GN6IN amazon.com link »

#13784 4 months ago
Quoted from PocketHoleshot:

I was inspired by the post made by manadams about using a strip of cardboard on the demogorgon ramp. The mouth shot on my buddy's premium is super difficult and you could tell it was hitting low most of the time. I used a strip of heavy duty self adhesive Velcro (hook side) cut to fit the ramp. Now I'm hitting the mouth shot on 80%+ from the cradle! A huge improvement from the maybe 10% accuracy before.

This is genius, I just tried this idea and went from never making the shot once at all in over a hundred games to being able to make it on the regular from a cradled shot from either flipper. Makes just enough of a bump to hop the ball right into the mouth. Changes the whole playing experience. Will look into the more permanent solution later.

#13785 4 months ago

Does the special shot bonus and MXV stop after you pass a certain amount of points? Or, does it not count on shoot again or extra balls?

I am only seeing it count on three shots in the entire game.

#13786 4 months ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Yes - mine sometimes misses the switch. That right shot just isn’t designed that well. The ball rattling that occurs isn’t great either.

#13787 4 months ago

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered before, but will the Premium/LE UV Kit fit/work on a Pro model? Any issues?

#13788 4 months ago
Quoted from CaptainRedEye:

I’m sure it’s been asked and answered before, but will the Premium/LE UV Kit fit/work on a Pro model? Any issues?

Works fine, no issues. I installed it on mine 2 weeks ago. Need to buy two screws for front of apron but that’s it.

1B6A4D20-6F01-41C1-A445-8BFD3AAA6B1F (resized).jpeg
#13789 4 months ago

I want to first start off by saying thanks you to chuckwurt, your adjustment video on this title helped dial in the game. Last issue is the demogorgon shot, as mentioned in post #1328 a picture was posted of a ramp that when looked at from the side has a gap resulting in the incorrect pitch. Do we know what came of this? I believe I have the same issue. What's a "correct" ramp look like? Also I'm still getting glass hits pretty consistently at 255 flipper power, this seems to happen when the ball kicks up from the lower mouth portion of the demogorgon. Last bit of info is i have already removed spacers to lower it, and my game was one from the last run.

IMG-6787 (resized).jpg

#13790 4 months ago

You need a new ramp if it looks like that. Contact stern via email.

#13791 4 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You need a new ramp if it looks like that. Contact stern via email.

Contacted, hopefully they get back to me soon. The game already plays so much better with those simple adjustments. Now to install the topper.

#13792 4 months ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Contacted, hopefully they get back to me soon. The game already plays so much better with those simple adjustments. Now to install the topper.

I actually prefer that ramp. Mine looks very similar. I'd recommend doing the Demo adjustment by removing the spacers under it and the chin and all will be well. Get the ramp kit as a spare down the line once this one is beat up. The "fixed" one is longer and I really didn't like how it changed things. I went back to my original ramp.

#13793 4 months ago

I actually prefer that ramp. Mine looks very similar. I'd recommend doing the Demo adjustment by removing the spacers under it and the chin and all will be well. Get the ramp kit as a spare down the line once this one is beat up. The "fixed" one is longer and I really didn't like how it changed things. I went back to my original ramp.

Interesting, ill look into removing the spacer under the chin. If I do install the new one ill have to get some mylar

#13794 4 months ago

So am I the only one that noticed the projector internal settings got reset on the latest code update? Previous code has obvious sharpness and brightness tweaks, latest code does not. If you swap sd cards, you’ll see it immediately.

#13795 4 months ago

Help!!!

I have downloaded the new code onto a flash drive but when I turn on the machine it doesn’t read the usb…am I missing something???

#13796 4 months ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Interesting, ill look into removing the spacer under the chin. If I do install the new one ill have to get some mylar

There are 2 black spacers under the demo that most people remove as well as the spacer.on the one way gate under the chin. Night and day change.

The updated ramp kit comes with new mylar. I'd reach out to stern and get it while you can and just tuck it away as a replacement sometime down the line. My ramp has taken a beating over the last few years.

#13797 4 months ago
Quoted from Ratman:

Help!!!
I have downloaded the new code onto a flash drive but when I turn on the machine it doesn’t read the usb…am I missing something???

Did you unzip them? I had to unzip them and place them on the root of the USB drive before the machine saw them.

#13798 4 months ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

So am I the only one that noticed the projector internal settings got reset on the latest code update? Previous code has obvious sharpness and brightness tweaks, latest code does not. If you swap sd cards, you’ll see it immediately.

I think someone else did post a few pages back about that, but don’t think there was any update / resolution.

#13799 4 months ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I think someone else did post a few pages back about that, but don’t think there was any update / resolution.

I think they went back to previous code and it fixed it

#13800 4 months ago

When you guys transferred the Brian eddy signiature plastic to the uv le apron did you also use that clear plastic protector on top ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 50.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball
Machine - For Sale
West Bloomfield Township, MI
There are 14,919 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!