IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3107 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 448.
#13701 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

lol, actually, if the game doesn't kill the flippers and restart after the 5th demogorgon mode, it was probably me that posted about that

Playing it n 1.05 I had the game freeze last night after completing the 5th demogorgon mode and I was on ball 2 with 600 million points. Bummed me out.

#13702 2 years ago

Does anyone have or had an attack from mars and stranger things in the line up at the same
Time? I knew they were similar but I’m thinking it may be one or the other down the road. I really enjoy both. Stranger things is more recent so playing that way more right now. Almost leaning towards selling our AFM SE. people are fetching 9500-10k and we have a cactus canyon coming

Curious folks thoughts on keeping both.

#13703 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Does anyone have or had an attack from mars and stranger things in the line up at the same
Time? I knew they were similar but I’m thinking it may be one or the other down the road. I really enjoy both. Stranger things is more recent so playing that way more right now. Almost leaning towards selling our AFM SE. people are fetching 9500-10k and we have a cactus canyon coming

I do. Love them both...and I love the humor on AFM. That said, I'd probably sell AFM first because it's a full restoration I did and it's just not as cool as STh is. Both are great games, though, and I can't pull the trigger on either (unless someone pried it from my fingers with a fat wad of cash).

#13704 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I do. Love them both...and I love the humor on AFM. That said, I'd probably sell AFM first because it's a full restoration I did and it's just not as cool as STh is. Both are great games, though, and I can't pull the trigger on either (unless someone pried it from my fingers with a fat wad of cash).

Idk maybe it’s been too long since I played AFM or maybe it’s because I would still have have Deadpool for a humorous game, but I think I’d have to let StrTh go before I could send an AFM out the door. This is all hypothetical of course, because I would sell a part of my body before I would let either one out the door.

#13705 2 years ago

I have them both.

Really thought I would be tempted to sell my AFMR after the first few weeks (honeymoon) of owning ST but you know….I really love the “feel” of AFM! The ramps and orbit shots feel great and the game is challenging but just like ST has that one more game feel.

ST is such a cool game and I see keeping it for a long time but man AFM just “feels” so much smoother and more solidly built. Even after all the years and innovations it’s still a winner imho!

So happy to have have both in my collection.

Quoted from Happy81724:

#13706 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. My wife loves the jiggly martians and the humor. I do too. It would be really hard to sell either. I’m hoping rush sucks as if it’s good I’ll need to move something for when CCr arrives

#13707 2 years ago

I'm continuing to have an issue with the 4 bank drop targets not getting enough power to reset. I've taken the entire assembly apart to look for any issues and can't seen any. When pushing by hand it's very difficult with all 4 targets down to push up so I'm not surprised the coil can't get them all up either. Here are two slow motion videos, one of the full mech and the other of just the coil. I don't think replacing the coil is going to fix the issue because of how much tension there is already and wondering what else could be causing that tension. Anyone run into something similar?

#13708 2 years ago

Hey guys, just got my Stranger things pro not too long ago. I noticed that I do not hear any callouts when pressing the flippers when not playing. All my other pins have this. Is this normal or is there a problem with my machine?

#13709 2 years ago

One clue to me is there is a lot of play in the lift bracket and I can hear metal on metal as well as see wear here. Coil sleeve looks fine but sizing doesn't really look right as there is plenty of side to side movement from the plunger and lift bracket.

IMG_2563 (resized).jpgIMG_2563 (resized).jpg
#13710 2 years ago
Quoted from MLarkin78:

Hey guys, just got my Stranger things pro not too long ago. I noticed that I do not hear any callouts when pressing the flippers when not playing. All my other pins have this. Is this normal or is there a problem with my machine?

Unfortunately there is none with this title.

#13711 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

Unfortunately there is none with this title.

yeah, the attract mode button audio seems to be something Lonnie, the programmer, doesn't do these days. My guardians didn't do it either.

#13712 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Idk maybe it’s been too long since I played AFM or maybe it’s because I would still have have Deadpool for a humorous game, but I think I’d have to let StrTh go before I could send an AFM out the door. This is all hypothetical of course, because I would sell a part of my body before I would let either one out the door.

I enjoy the code, audio/sound, technology (UV kit) so much more on ST, it would be no contest for me. The demigorgon battle/shot is far more satisfying and enjoyable as well.

AFM is a classic but for long term enjoyment and depth in a home environment, Stranger Things for the win IMO.

#13713 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

I just wanted to put this out there because I feel I may have offended LERMODS with my post about the Joyce Wall mod. He appropriately corrected me as this was not my second wall, but a returned wall which I still couldn't get working. Regardless, I wanted the forum to know LERMODS customer service has been great at trying to help me diagnose the problem. I sent them a few pics and videos, and when they couldn't figure it out they offered to send me a new wall. Again, maybe my first post was taken out of context - so I apologize if they felt I was giving them a bad review or insinuated they have bad products. On the contrary, all my other mods are great and they are very responsive to emails. I was just using the forum to see if others had experienced the same issue and if it was possibly my machine that was bad.

+1. I had a similar experience with the DigDug mod, where my post sounded overly critical, when in actuality Lermods has been super responsive and willing to assist as needed with mods. I have several mods from them and have been happy with them overall. My issues with the DigDug were mostly a lack of understanding on my part. All that being said, this serves as a reminder to be careful about how you word posts, especially if they involve third party sellers that make their living off of things that we discuss here. It's fine to ask others about issues you're having, but we all need to remember to be careful about how it might sound so that we are not making a vendor look bad undeservedly!

#13714 2 years ago

Can anyone confirm the size of the black screws that go into the topper that attach the plastic border to the topper? I noticed the other day my topper was missing one.

#13715 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

My game just came Friday and I added the shaker yesterday but was pretty disappointed in the intensity level of it. Is very weak shaker intensity on this game to be expected? I have the frequency turned to max, when it does go off (defeat demogorgon, for instance), I can hardly even feel it. I tried swapping with the shaker in my JP because it's pretty intense, but that didn't change anything, so issue is not the shaker itself. I tried offsetting one of the weights 90 degrees and that may have helped a LITTLE, but it's still really weak. I'm just curious if "that's just how it is", or if there's some setting/tweak maybe I'm missing.
I do see a handful of posts from a year ago, mainly from chuck, about the shaker hardly doing anything so I expect that might be the answer, but hopefully/maybe something has changed in the last year.

My shaker is also very soft on this machine. I swapped it with my DP shaker to make sure it wasn't a bad motor and had the same issue. Minor vibration when it goes off. I would like to have a little more on it, but not rattle the glass like DP and my GnR do.

#13716 2 years ago

Any secrets to getting bullshit mode. I think I saw someone say 3rd mystery that is not in a mode/multiball. Granted I have only 70 plays but I haven’t seen it once which seems bizarre.

#13717 2 years ago

if you play with tournament settings it'll be the 4th(?) Mystery award every time

in about 1200 plays i've probably seen in 10 times (i just play regular settings)

http://tiltforums.com/t/stranger-things-rulesheet-wip/6093

#13718 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Any secrets to getting bullshit mode. I think I saw someone say 3rd mystery that is not in a mode/multiball. Granted I have only 70 plays but I haven’t seen it once which seems bizarre.

It’s tough to get since most of the time you’ll be in some sort of timed mode & the first mystery result of each of those will be add time.

#13719 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I've seen it 3x since this weekend. I personally don't care for it either.

#13720 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

u can turn it (and barb getting slithered through by a snek) off with the 'adult content' setting in the operator menu

vvvv i can't personally verify it, i just read it here

#13721 2 years ago

oh did they finally change that where's barb image? Gonna have to try that as it was a request from my son 2 years ago I had passed on to the team

#13722 2 years ago

My season 1 alternate translite came today from Retro Refurbs - took about a week to get here from Croatia, well packed and it looks great!

1F628689-475D-42B7-A3E7-BEDB1E89248D (resized).jpeg1F628689-475D-42B7-A3E7-BEDB1E89248D (resized).jpeg
#13723 2 years ago

Just got my topper! Looks great!

C7BC7C89-E97B-4160-8CC9-D765ACDCD7F6 (resized).jpegC7BC7C89-E97B-4160-8CC9-D765ACDCD7F6 (resized).jpeg
#13724 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Avoid modes. Play in single ball play as much as possible. If you are in any sort of timed mode, ever other mystery award is add time.

#13725 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Can be an insanely valuable mode if you keep adding time while in it.

#13726 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can be an insanely valuable mode if you keep adding time while in it.

How does it compare score potential-wise to it’s close cousin quarter hunt?

#13727 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

How does it compare score potential-wise to it’s close cousin quarter hunt?

Same potential as each of them can technically last forever if you keep extending time. I have had the bullshit, quarterhunt, MB stack a couple times and on good ones, can get over 100 million on each of them.

#13728 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same potential as each of them can technically last forever if you keep extending time. I have had the bullshit, quarterhunt, MB stack a couple times and on good ones, can get over 100 million on each of them.

That makes sense. I’ve had a couple huge quarter hunts with TK stacked - very easy to keep adding time that way. Just was too lazy to compare the switch values & if you can raise them in BS like in quarter hunt.

#13729 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

That makes sense. I’ve had a couple huge quarter hunts with TK stacked - very easy to keep adding time that way. Just was too lazy to compare the switch values & if you can raise them in BS like in quarter hunt.

Good question on raising the values. Not sure if they do or not in BS. They may just slowing increment on their own.

#13730 2 years ago

Hey all,

I'm considering purchasing this one. If you could start over or make the best decision, would you recommend I consider the Pro or Premium for this pin?

I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but is there a huge difference, or would I be happy with a pro?

I've read the Pro is a totally different game. Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

#13731 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Hey all,
I'm considering purchasing this one. If you could start over or make the best decision, would you recommend I consider the Pro or Premium for this pin?
I'm sure everyone will have their opinion, but is there a huge difference, or would I be happy with a pro?
Thanks in advance!

I wanted a premium but couldn’t find one. You can buy a pro for a little more than half the cost of a premium. I’m totally loving my pro. I play it more than Godzilla, which I got at the same time.

#13732 2 years ago

Premium and LE are way too expensive. Get the pro.

#13733 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Hey all,
Thanks in advance!

I had the LE rented for a month a little while ago. The projector was cool but the wall lock sucked. I actually like the pro for play wise better. I have a pro now

#13734 2 years ago

I found the playfield hard to see with regular stock glass. I swapped in a piece of voodoo glass and it really improved.

I have the UV kit but haven't installed yet - in your experience, does the UV kit make the playfield easier or harder to see?

#13735 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I have the UV kit but haven't installed yet - in your experience, does the UV kit make the playfield easier or harder to see?

I think by definition, playing pinball under basically a black light is going to make it harder to see than pinball under normal GI lighting.

The upside down modes don’t last very long though. There’s been modes in pinball that are worse for sight (strobe multiball comes to mind), and the effect of the art with the UV light is really cool.

#13736 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

I found the playfield hard to see with regular stock glass. I swapped in a piece of voodoo glass and it really improved.

Easier.

#13737 2 years ago

I made the mistake of selling this game last year and really regretted it. I was able to pick up a NIB from the recent December run and decided to go all out this time. I created three install tutorials and figured I would share them with the group in case anyone is considering installing a lighted shooter rod, topper, or side armor. Stay safe and play more pinball!

#13738 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I made the mistake of selling this game last year and really regretted it. I was able to pick up a NIB from the recent December run and decided to go all out this time. I created three install tutorials and figured I would share them with the group in case anyone is considering installing a lighted shooter rod, topper, or side armor. Stay safe and play more pinball!

Your videos are great, appreciate the effort!

#13739 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I had the LE rented for a month a little while ago. The projector was cool but the wall lock sucked. I actually like the pro for play wise better. I have a pro now

Whoever rented it to you didn't have the TK lock dialed in...

If you can find an already dialed in Prem/LE at a good price, I would snag one. I would avoid Prem/LE nib (if you happen to find one) or used not dialed in unless you love tinkering. (TK lock must work 99.99% on a made non back hand shot! No exceptions!)

But most likely you'll have to go with a pro just because of availability. Now is probably a good time too since stern just did a run of pros. I bet a few new owners will not gel with the game and sell theirs

#13740 2 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

Videos are great. Thanks for taking time to demonstrate.
The lighted shooter rod sits lower/closer to the front of the pin in the shooter lane than the stock one. Has to be an adjustment right?

#13741 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Whoever rented it to you didn't have the TK lock dialed in...

That is true…it was not and I’d get stdm all the time when it rolled back

If it was only $1200 more then I’d do it but now even if they did nib it’s 2k difference. I know they are all done running any model of stranger things which is why I bought the final run of the pro. Aftermarket it’s probably even more than a 2k difference. It’s not worth that for the lock and projector to me. I would of for 1200 back in the day

#13742 2 years ago

i've had such a weird journey with this machine, the very first time i played it i sank the demogorgon shot and locked the first ball i ever shot to the TK lock. then for a period of about 2 months i never EVER hit the demo unless i banked it off the inside of one of the side movie screens and pretty much never hit the TK lock, to the point where i thought about turning off the mech to save the wear and tear in case i ever decide to sell it. part of me didnt want to eff around with an expensive toy and maybe damage it and part of me was stubborn/pissed that again, such an expensive toy needed to be 'dialed in'. finally took the plunge and did what i had to do to both the demogorgon and the TK lock and the game is literally twice as good as it was already. it has cost me one microscpic flaw in the purple siderail that you wouldn't find if you looked for a year unless you knew where it was. don't be stubborn like i was. make the adjustments you gotta make to your prems and les because it makes it a different game.

also chuckwurt remember when we were talking about how TK multiball is always crappy points? if you can light the locks and put a ball on the backboard after you start it you can put some decent points up. a little woodchoppy, still, compared to some of the other modes but it's not as dire as i thought, after having played some more

#13743 2 years ago

I'm glad they nerfed tk multiball. Nothing was more annoying than watching people in tournaments start it over and over and over again. I use it to help complete modes that I have trouble with. it's a tool to me now more than a strategy.

#13744 2 years ago

TK multiball's worst offense is all that rad buildup for such a boring mode. i still watch the full van flip animation every time i play i have a soft spot for it because locking 1 ball for TK MB was a pingolf goal in a tournament where i think i shot an 8 on a 6 hole course

#13745 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I'm glad they nerfed tk multiball. Nothing was more annoying than watching people in tournaments start it over and over and over again. I use it to help complete modes that I have trouble with. it's a tool to me now more than a strategy.

Unfortunately that’s still the play of the demo isn’t letting you make it.

#13746 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

TK multiball's worst offense is all that rad buildup for such a boring mode. i still watch the full van flip animation every time i play i have a soft spot for it because locking 1 ball for TK MB was a pingolf goal in a tournament where i think i shot an 8 on a 6 hole course

Man, I don't find TK multiball boring at all as compared to most machines "easy"/main multiball modes. For me, the addition of relocking a ball for double jackpot (and I think 2 for triple on the prem/LE? Not sure since I have the pro) before accidentally hitting the super makes all the difference. Plus try to hit 2x playfield on top of that for a double double super...that's good stuff. I'd actually say it's one of my favorite "regular" multiballs. The only thing I hate is when I accidentally start it without a season mode or demodog, but it's fun enough that I don't mind too much. Not like Thor or IM multi on AIQ...blah...now those are some freaking boring multiballs (in my opinion of course, no offense to those that enjoy them).

#13747 2 years ago

yeah i like to lock two balls and try to save the third for after i start the first demodog mode which is dismal as heck

#13748 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately that’s still the play of the demo isn’t letting you make it.

I can easily beat someone trying to do that strategy by playing and completing modes.

#13749 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I can easily beat someone trying to do that strategy by playing and completing modes.

Yep. Easier said than done on some games though.

#13750 2 years ago
Quoted from PinHigh1:

Way easier

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lutherville-timonium, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Lewiston, NY
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,377 posts in this topic. You are on page 275 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/275?hl=mlarkin78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.