IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 449.
#13651 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

might be something wrong with yours. mine remains at the same brightness at all times, and is plenty bright.

Ditto. I've had no issues with mine I bought 3-4 months ago.

#13652 2 years ago

I removed the spacers to lower the demogorgon. What’s a good good flipper strength to start at to begin dialing it in?

#13653 2 years ago

Mine are still default

#13654 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Mine are still default

255? Mine constantly kicks up and hits the glass pretty hard at that level. Does yours do that?

#13655 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Until Stern can get their invisiglass in I have had to place one from my JJP in to my ST. This got me thinking, I should just buy from JJP since they have some in stock.
Any thoughts on doing this? SHould or Shouldn't?

Get Voodoo glass, it is a better performing product than either JJP or Stern’s anti reflective glass. It is coated on both sides like PDI glass and performs superbly.

#13656 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

255? Mine constantly kicks up and hits the glass pretty hard at that level. Does yours do that?

With the demogorgon adjusted I don't have many glass hits. The backboard gets hit more now than the glass.

#13657 2 years ago

yeah I've had maybe two glass hits since I pulled those spacers, flippers at stock power

#13658 2 years ago

Good grief we've put almost a hundred games on our new machine and not one single shot has made it in the Demogorgons mouth. Not one! Gonna pull the thing tomorrow and take out those spacers, if thats the fix why the hell does Stern put the spacers on there to begin with?!

#13659 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

***How to enable Swipe a ball on a Pro***
Alright guys, i'm in the process analyzing how i can add the Projector on my Pro, the first step was to put the Prem/LE code on the pro to see how the game react. Usually Node errors happens but NADA
I've started a game and i was able to play the game normally without any glitches.
Guess what!? Swipe a ball seems to work flawlessly
Sorry for the bad quality but here is a short video:

Just plug a simple HDMI display on the main CPU board in the backbox, I'm pretty sure this is where the projector is connected to (I'll check on mine), this will give you an indication whether video content on the projector is working

[EDIT] Confirmed that the projector does connect to the HDMI connector on the CPU board

#13660 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Good grief we've put almost a hundred games on our new machine and not one single shot has made it in the Demogorgons mouth. Not one! Gonna pull the thing tomorrow and take out those spacers, if thats the fix why the hell does Stern put the spacers on there to begin with?!

Wasn’t the fix for my game. Some games hit too high and need different adjustments.

#13661 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Has anyone installed the lighted Joyce Wall from Lermods and found the lights went very dim? When first installed the lights were very bright, but dimmed after about 20 minutes. This is the second wall I've tried and had the same issue with both. Every one in a while at start up it will flash bright....then dim for the rest of the night.
[quoted image]

Just to be clear here, this is not the second wall, it’s the first. You sent the original back to me and all I did was replace the connector. It worked on my game both times, but doesn’t seem to be working on yours for some reason. We are working through troubleshooting with you and as others have posted, your issue is isolated. Probably just a bad string of lights. We will address it.

#13662 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wasn’t the fix for my game. Some games hit too high and need different adjustments.

Agreed. My experience is that I have to turn my flippers down a bit because at the start of a session, the ball hits too high on the mouth. However, the longer I play, the more the flipper power needs to be tweaked up to have that same consistency. I am going to install PinMonks flipper fans to control the flipper fade and make it more consistent throughout. Regardless of your spacers or flipper power, flipper fade is going to have some effect on this, IMO. Flipper fans on my AIQ completely resolved the captain marvel shot and a couple backhands.

#13663 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Take some slow motion videos so you can get a better understanding of where the ball is hitting before taking things apart.

#13664 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Agreed. My experience is that I have to turn my flippers down a bit because at the start of a session, the ball hits too high on the mouth. However, the longer I play, the more the flipper power needs to be tweaked up to have that same consistency. I am going to install PinMonks flipper fans to control the flipper fade and make it more consistent throughout. Regardless of your spacers or flipper power, flipper fade is going to have some effect on this, IMO. Flipper fans on my AIQ completely resolved the captain marvel shot and a couple backhands.

Machines can be so different from one another. I don't notice any flipper fade on my AIQ and I play one game for 45-50 minutes regularly. Capt Marvel is a reliable shot for me thru the entire game.

As was mentioned by Chuck the hitting low is very common but there have been scenarios where it hits high. Spacer adjustment either way is the solution. It's best to use a phone camera with slow mo to see. I thought for ages mine was hitting high but after viewing the slow mo it turned out it was actually hitting low.

#13665 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just plug a simple HDMI display on the main CPU board in the backbox, I'm pretty sure this is where the projector is connected to (I'll check on mine), this will give you an indication whether video content on the projector is working
[EDIT] Confirmed that the projector does connect to the HDMI connector on the CPU board

Oh Great! So the CPU to HDMi cable is litterally a HDMi A to Micro Usb cable that went from the spike2 to the projector?

Can you confirm if you plug a device in the HDMI port you have video signal?

Thx for your help

#13666 2 years ago

Thinking of letting go of my pristine loaded up premium if anyone wants to pm me. Game is absolutely stunning in person...need to make room soon

#13667 2 years ago

Pics

2D771BE6-4A9C-4263-B2A4-87839696F2C1 (resized).jpeg2D771BE6-4A9C-4263-B2A4-87839696F2C1 (resized).jpegA23B0A3E-65CA-4BFE-B001-DD06A9CF6027 (resized).jpegA23B0A3E-65CA-4BFE-B001-DD06A9CF6027 (resized).jpegD3FE4859-F083-492E-BBFD-C2963BA0EB8D (resized).jpegD3FE4859-F083-492E-BBFD-C2963BA0EB8D (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13668 2 years ago

My game just came Friday and I added the shaker yesterday but was pretty disappointed in the intensity level of it. Is very weak shaker intensity on this game to be expected? I have the frequency turned to max, when it does go off (defeat demogorgon, for instance), I can hardly even feel it. I tried swapping with the shaker in my JP because it's pretty intense, but that didn't change anything, so issue is not the shaker itself. I tried offsetting one of the weights 90 degrees and that may have helped a LITTLE, but it's still really weak. I'm just curious if "that's just how it is", or if there's some setting/tweak maybe I'm missing.

I do see a handful of posts from a year ago, mainly from chuck, about the shaker hardly doing anything so I expect that might be the answer, but hopefully/maybe something has changed in the last year.

#13669 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

My game just came Friday and I added the shaker yesterday but was pretty disappointed in the intensity level of it. Is very weak shaker intensity on this game to be expected? I have the frequency turned to max, when it does go off (defeat demogorgon, for instance), I can hardly even feel it. I tried swapping with the shaker in my JP because it's pretty intense, but that didn't change anything, so issue is not the shaker itself. I tried offsetting one of the weights 90 degrees and that may have helped a LITTLE, but it's still really weak. I'm just curious if "that's just how it is", or if there's some setting/tweak maybe I'm missing.
I do see a handful of posts from a year ago, mainly from chuck, about the shaker hardly doing anything so I expect that might be the answer, but hopefully/maybe something has changed in the last year.

I totally agree, Shaker implementation in this game is not very good sadly

#13670 2 years ago

Strange, the shaker on mine rattles the glass like crazy when the demogorgon is destroyed. I like how it's implemented on my machine.

#13671 2 years ago

yeah my shaker hits super hard
i mean its not AIQ shake the glass out of the machine hard but it feels just right

#13672 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I thought at one point later in the code that shaker integration changed and after that people liked it.

#13673 2 years ago

Finally got my Stern UV kit last week and installed it. Well worth the wait, glad I didn't cancel it a month ago. I have been using the Pinstadium ST UV kit for the past year. Now with both on and going, game is super sick looking, what a light show!

#13674 2 years ago

My shaker from stern on the LE is not intense at all. Just accents the game. Nothing crazy.

#13675 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Finally got my Stern UV kit last week and installed it. Well worth the wait, glad I didn't cancel it a month ago. I have been using the Pinstadium ST UV kit for the past year. Now with both on and going, game is super sick looking, what a light show!

the first time the Upside Down hits in a dark room is a revelation. i really like when the upside down coincides with a multiball, something about the way all the balls shoot around under the UV just looks super rad to me

#13676 2 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

My distributor says there was a mixup and they received "mislabeled" Pro/Prem UV kits but that Pro kits should be coming in next week...Hoping that's not them blowing smoke up my ass, but either was so long as mine ships next week I'll be happy - it seems like such a critical part of the game to be missing, though i've only seen it in streams

#13677 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

yeah my shaker hits super hard
i mean its not AIQ shake the glass out of the machine hard but it feels just right

Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Strange, the shaker on mine rattles the glass like crazy when the demogorgon is destroyed. I like how it's implemented on my machine.

Are yours Sterns (like mine) or 3rd party (pinballlife, etc.)?

#13678 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

Are yours Sterns (like mine) or 3rd party (pinballlife, etc.)?

the one that comes preinstalled on the LE, same as chuck

would being on carpet vs. being on bare floor matter? my game is on a hardwood floor just on the original levelers, nothing between it and the floor

#13679 2 years ago

Mine is a real stern shaker. I have the weights set as it came from the factory. I originally had this shaker in a guardians and it really did nearly shake the glass apart but I didn't like how it was implemented there. I also tried it in AIQ and Munsters and I prefer it in ST so keep it there.

#13680 2 years ago

the one that comes preinstalled on the LE, same as chuck
would being on carpet vs. being on bare floor matter? my game is on a hardwood floor just on the original levelers, nothing between it and the floor

hmm, no clue - mine is on furniture sliders on carpet

#13681 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

I like the shaker on Stranger Things, it’s subtle and well timed. Adds a lot without yelling “there’s a shaker on this game!”

A friend of mine said they thought the game had great bass response upon starting a new game and hitting the skill shot; I’m pretty sure they were reacting to the shaker.

#13682 2 years ago

mine is a Stern shaker and on carpet. I actually turned mine down to medium because the max setting was a bit too obnoxious imho. I guess it's subjective but on mine, medium seems perfect. You know it's there and it enhances things all the time, but it's not over the top.

#13683 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Mine does that off the Demo ramp and the the other two ramps at default settings. I posted about it here a few days ago. I am below 200 and hitting all ramps and demo mouth with no problem. I have no idea why my game is different.

#13684 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

My game just came Friday and I added the shaker yesterday but was pretty disappointed in the intensity level of it.

I took delivery of my game NIB a few weeks ago and I had to add rattle tape because the game shakes like crazy. Maybe an issue with the game wiring and power? No clue.

It does seem like every ST owner has its own independent issues.

#13685 2 years ago

Mine does that off the Demo ramp and the the other two ramps at default settings. I posted about it here a few days ago. I am below 200 and hitting all ramps and demo mouth with no problem. I have no idea why my game is different.

There should be plastic covers at the tops of each ramp. Do you have those?

#13686 2 years ago
Quoted from jdroc:

The intensity seems like any other game to me but I feel like the integration could be improved.

The one thing I couldn't believe is that the shaker wasn't coded to go off when the demo reveals himself and shakes and growls at you. I was totally expecting it to do that and it seems like a missed opportunity.

#13687 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There should be plastic covers at the tops of each ramp. Do you have those?

Yeah, you and I had this discussion earlier in this post. I just have the odd duck flippers.

#13688 2 years ago

Yeah, you and I had this discussion earlier in this post. I just have the odd duck flippers.

Where does the ball fly off each ramp? Doesn’t seem possible to fly off the ramps with those covers. This is the first time I’ve heard of this with a game that is confirmed to have those airball covers.

If you game makes all the shots with flippers set below 200, boy do I wish I had your game instead of mine. Haha

#13689 2 years ago

i mean...are the balls coming off the ramps before they get to where the covers are?

#13690 2 years ago

I just wanted to put this out there because I feel I may have offended LERMODS with my post about the Joyce Wall mod. He appropriately corrected me as this was not my second wall, but a returned wall which I still couldn't get working. Regardless, I wanted the forum to know LERMODS customer service has been great at trying to help me diagnose the problem. I sent them a few pics and videos, and when they couldn't figure it out they offered to send me a new wall. Again, maybe my first post was taken out of context - so I apologize if they felt I was giving them a bad review or insinuated they have bad products. On the contrary, all my other mods are great and they are very responsive to emails. I was just using the forum to see if others had experienced the same issue and if it was possibly my machine that was bad.

#13691 2 years ago

i mean...are the balls coming off the ramps before they get to where the covers are?

I've had a ball fly off the right ramp once so far, but with gnarly speed / spin coming off a burn it back. (Have the cover(s) on the ramps, it came off before the cover).

I've also had balls fly onto_ the left ramp from demo rejects, which usually happens upstream of the opto and gets counted as a left ramp shot. I call it strategy!

#13692 2 years ago

Just got to Send It Back for the first time & beat it…then it ended my game. Think I saw someone post this recently?

FE1C7409-FE25-451C-B506-12B66876B68D (resized).jpegFE1C7409-FE25-451C-B506-12B66876B68D (resized).jpeg
#13693 2 years ago

only bug i know about was final showdown and it was supposed to have been fixed with the latest code

#13694 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Just got to Send It Back for the first time & beat it…then it ended my game. Think I saw someone post this recently?
[quoted image]

I’ve seen someone else post about this too. Sounds like a new bug with the newest code.

#13695 2 years ago

lol, actually, if the game doesn't kill the flippers and restart after the 5th demogorgon mode, it was probably me that posted about that

#13696 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve seen someone else post about this too. Sounds like a new bug with the newest code.

Fix a wizard mode, break a wizard mode. If you drain down to one ball in Send It Back, does it end?

#13697 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Fix a wizard mode, break a wizard mode. If you drain down to one ball in Send It Back, does it end?

It shouldn’t end your game. When the times up the flippers die, and the mode is over. Should say, player 1 keep shooting. Then you get the ball back and continue on.

#13698 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It shouldn’t end your game. When the times up the flippers die, and the mode is over. Should say, player 1 keep shooting. Then you get the ball back and continue on.

But I assume it also ends if you drain down to one ball after ball save expires? Just want to know as I’ll seemingly have to purposefully drain down to 1 when I get to the last shot to avoid the bug. Or is it purely timed either way / bug maybe unavoidable?

#13699 2 years ago

Deleted

#13700 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Where does the ball fly off each ramp?

Mostly saw it after the turn where the cover is for the left ramp. Almost like it’s going around the turn too fast.

I also had it shooting off the ramp at the entrances of both and then would hit the glass. The first few games were wild and I knew something was going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 274 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/274?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.