IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 448.
#13601 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Thanks for that information. My last question is, do I have to remove any rivets to do this (remove plastics to access top screw)?

No. The plastics come off at various attachment points just like any other plastics in the game.

#13602 2 years ago

If I remember correctly I was able to get the screw out with a long nut driver and minimal removal of plastics.

#13603 2 years ago

Dumb question. I just installed the Dice Shooter Rod from Stern. For lack of a better word, it is "loud"? I know oil and pins do not mix, how do I get the shooter rod to make less noise? its not a big deal, just curious. Thanks!

#13604 2 years ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Dumb question. I just installed the Dice Shooter Rod from Stern. For lack of a better word, it is "loud"? I know oil and pins do not mix, how do I get the shooter rod to make less noise? its not a big deal, just curious. Thanks!

Make sure all the parts are smooth. Maybe give the rod a light sanding and cleaning and rub some super lube on it or something.

#13605 2 years ago

I wish I owned this pin.

Saving for an LE.

#13607 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

I wish I owned this pin.
Saving for an LE.

Not sure how others feel on this but I chose a pro and added the shaker/uv kit and even the topper (not necessary but look cool imho) and don’t feel shorted at all.

I have played the LE a lot more than the pro but really don’t miss the projector while playing the game and the ball magnet is glitchy and not all that important to me personally. I was able to get a NIB pro from the latest run with the Connectivity thingy and am really happy with my decision.

#13608 2 years ago

Too bad there isn't a mod to add the projector to the pro especially with all of these Prem uv kits installed on pros. That would get people 80% of the Prem/le experience. I do really love the (dialed in) tk lock too, but it's not environmental/mood setting like the projector.

#13609 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Too bad there isn't a mod to add the projector to the pro especially with all of these Prem uv kits installed on pros. That would get people 80% of the Prem/le experience. I do really love the (dialed in) tk lock too, but it's not environmental/mood setting like the projector.

Yeah don’t get me wrong the projector definitely sets the mood/looks cool……you don’t miss it in the gameplay though.

#13610 2 years ago

I would be happy if Stern would throw the pro owners a bone and code in “Swipe a ball”.

#13611 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Yeah don’t get me wrong the projector definitely sets the mood/looks cool……you don’t miss it in the gameplay though.

For sure, zero impact to gameplay. But neither does the uv kit.

#13612 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

pretty sure the projector has custom firmware so that'd be your first hurdle

If there is a custom firmware is probably to hide the POST menu and presets the settings.

I need to find how the secondary display signal is sent to the projector.

If i look in the manual i found a CPU to hdmi cable. I want to find the data transit so i can convert the signal to hdmi.

#13613 2 years ago
Quoted from friscopinball:

I wish I owned this pin.
Saving for an LE.

how much you saving? I think a LE is gonna start at 15k, seeing what Prems are going for right here on Pinside

#13614 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

Not sure how others feel on this but I chose a pro and added the shaker/uv kit and even the topper (not necessary but look cool imho) and don’t feel shorted at all.

I almost always prefer a Premium, but with Stranger Things I really think the Pro is the way to go. I know Chuck advocates for swipe a ball, but, to me, that’s really the only material difference. As others have said, the ball lock doesn’t work all that well. Projector is cool, but not really worth the up charge in my opinion.

#13615 2 years ago

That one tiny rule changes the entire game.

If you’re a stranger things super fan and want a truly immersive experience the full package is the only way to go. Unfortunately it’s way too expensive. I wouldn’t want to pay anymore than 7-8k for a premium.

#13616 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That one tiny rule changes the entire game.
If you’re a stranger things super fan and want a truly immersive experience the full package is the only way to go. Unfortunately it’s way too expensive. I wouldn’t want to pay anymore than 7-8k for a premium.

That’s a pro price now, I’m over 8k with all my mods and topper. Gross

#13617 2 years ago

Yeah thankfully I have a bunch of games so I can do trades and trade ins and the price isn’t as crazy for me. Prices are so nuts now.

#13618 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I almost always prefer a Premium, but with Stranger Things I really think the Pro is the way to go. I know Chuck advocates for swipe a ball, but, to me, that’s really the only material difference. As others have said, the ball lock doesn’t work all that well. Projector is cool, but not really worth the up charge in my opinion.

TK lock works great but you have to dial it in first.

#13619 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

TK lock works great but you have to dial it in first.

I get that, but call me lazy or old school. I just think it should work out of the box. A lot of people don’t want to have to mess around with that. However, I get having to “dial it in” after some period of time.

#13620 2 years ago

Owning STH LE turned me off from ever owning another premium level stern again. The few I’ve had just need too much tweaking for my OCD to handle. Haha

#13621 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I get that, but call me lazy or old school. I just think it should work out of the box. A lot of people don’t want to have to mess around with that. However, I get having to “dial it in” after some period of time.

Definitely should be plug and play, only requiring tweaking in outliers. But seems lately most of my new games require non trivial tweaking. GZLE has been the only exception. That one just worked.

#13622 2 years ago

Whats the best source for alternate translites? Would like to swap out the pro translite for something else. I saw the ones at Retro Refurbs, anyone have experience with them?

#13623 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Whats the best source for alternate translites? Would like to swap out the pro translite for something else. I saw the ones at Retro Refurbs, anyone have experience with them?

I just placed an order last week for the season 3 alternate translite. I’ve seen pics of other machines with the same one, so they must be arriving safely.

#13624 2 years ago

I ordered season 1 alternate from them a week or two ago - on its way from Croatia or something...might be a while!

#13625 2 years ago

I'll complete the trifecta. Placed an order for the Season 2 translite this past week. I guess a lot of us pro owners don't care for the stock translite.

#13626 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'll complete the trifecta. Placed an order for the Season 2 translite this past week. I guess a lot of us pro owners don't care for the stock translite.

I just got a premium translite for my pro. I just thought the pro had a tad too much shaved head Eleven

#13627 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I just got a premium translite for my pro. I just thought the pro had a tad too much shaved head Eleven

Do you mind me asking where you picked up that premium translite. Every where I check seems to be out of stock. My Google-fu skills are failing me.

Thanks.

#13628 2 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Do you mind me asking where you picked up that premium translite. Every where I check seems to be out of stock. My Google-fu skills are failing me.
Thanks.

I just ordered it from the distributor. Any distributor should be able to order it. $99 plus shipping.

#13629 2 years ago

aw man my $30 little plastic sign snapped at the base the first time an airball hit it :/

20220116_204952 (resized).jpg20220116_204952 (resized).jpg
#13630 2 years ago

WTF

WTF (resized).jpegWTF (resized).jpeg
#13631 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:aw man my $30 little plastic sign snapped at the base the first time an airball hit it :/[quoted image]

ha! Same happened to me, it’s been sitting in a repair pile for 6 months. Maybe a better placement somewhere else

#13632 2 years ago

aw man my $30 little plastic sign snapped at the base the first time an airball hit it :/[quoted image]

The same thing happened to mine this weekend. Was updating game code and my arm brushed it after inserting the SD card. I barely touched it. Glued it back but not happy it broke so easily. For the price UKEK charges for these signs they need to be better made.

#13633 2 years ago

how much you saving? I think a LE is gonna start at 15k, seeing what Prems are going for right here on Pinside

Yeah, I’m expecting to pay at least 14k.

#13634 2 years ago

Having an odd issue where the drop target reset doesn't have the strength to push all 4 targets back up. I've taken it apart and checked the coil sleeve which looks ok, nothing on the mech seems broken, I can manually push each up as well as push the bracket for all 4 at the same time (it does resist pretty hard with all 4 targets down). If 1-3 targets are down it can reset it fine but the strength of all 4 is too much so it just keeps trying in a loop to pop them up quickly during a game. Could the coil itself be bad?

#13635 2 years ago
Quoted from timmmmyboy:

Having an odd issue where the drop target reset doesn't have the strength to push all 4 targets back up. I've taken it apart and checked the coil sleeve which looks ok, nothing on the mech seems broken, I can manually push each up as well as push the bracket for all 4 at the same time (it does resist pretty hard with all 4 targets down). If 1-3 targets are down it can reset it fine but the strength of all 4 is too much so it just keeps trying in a loop to pop them up quickly during a game. Could the coil itself be bad?

had this same issue on a Beatles. you need to take the drops apart and fully clean the assembly.I replaced all the springs,the coil/sleeve and the plunger but cleaning it was the only thing that fixed the issue for me.

#13636 2 years ago

Until Stern can get their invisiglass in I have had to place one from my JJP in to my ST. This got me thinking, I should just buy from JJP since they have some in stock.

Any thoughts on doing this? SHould or Shouldn't?

#13637 2 years ago

Sure. They are basically the same.

#13638 2 years ago

How in the world do you find out which audio script goes with the proper scene/mode in the game?

#13639 2 years ago

***How to enable Swipe a ball on a Pro***

Alright guys, i'm in the process analyzing how i can add the Projector on my Pro, the first step was to put the Prem/LE code on the pro to see how the game react. Usually Node errors happens but NADA

I've started a game and i was able to play the game normally without any glitches.

Guess what!? Swipe a ball seems to work flawlessly

Sorry for the bad quality but here is a short video:

#13640 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Alright guys, i'm in the process analyzing how i can add the Projector on my Pro, the first step was to put the Prem/LE code on the pro to see how the game react. Usually Node errors happens but NADA
I've started a game and i was able to play the game normally without any glitches.

Haha, awesome!

#13641 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Rember, no question is a dumb question. So, with that said, what is the "Swipe A Ball" feature?

#13642 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Rember, no question is a dumb question. So, with that said, what is the "Swipe A Ball" feature?

Exactly! There is no dumb question only dumb answer

from tilt forums:

Swipe a Ball (Prem/LE only). When locking balls for TK multiball, if you start another multiball mode, the lockbar button will flash blue. this acts as an additional add a ball feature to allow you to resurrect the multiball by releasing those locked balls into play, and ball save starts over. HOWEVER, you will have to regain those TK locks from scratch after using this feature. There is no limit to how many times you can use the Swipe a Ball feature in one game.

#13643 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Did you play a few games with the premium/le code? If so did you feel like everything was working correctly? Man I’m definitely going to download the prem/le code soon to try that out. If this works out it will definitely add some new strategy options.

#13644 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Did you play a few games with the premium/le code? If so did you feel like everything was working correctly? Man I’m definitely going to download the prem/le code soon to try that out. If this works out it will definitely add some new strategy options.

Yes! I just play a typical game.

Except some animation missing on the LCD it's shocking how it seemless since it's not the approriate code...

#13645 2 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Yes! I just play a typical game.
Except some animation missing on the LCD it's shocking how it seemless since it's not the approriate code...

Interesting how some of the animations are missing from pro to premium code

#13646 2 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Interesting how some of the animations are missing from pro to premium code

Pretty sure some of the stuff that the pro displays on the screen is moved to the projections on the prem/LE. So it makes sense that they would be "missing" if you play prem/LE code on the pro.

#13647 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Pretty sure some of the stuff that the pro displays on the screen is moved to the projections on the prem/LE. So it makes sense that they would be "missing" if you play prem/LE code on the pro.

Exactly! Maybe it can be swiped using pinball browser…. Need to investigate on that

#13648 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

you need to take the drops apart and fully clean the assembly.

Ok will take another pass at everything, thanks!

#13649 2 years ago

Has anyone installed the lighted Joyce Wall from Lermods and found the lights went very dim? When first installed the lights were very bright, but dimmed after about 20 minutes. This is the second wall I've tried and had the same issue with both. Every one in a while at start up it will flash bright....then dim for the rest of the night.

16424643700105048161193759893192 (resized).jpg16424643700105048161193759893192 (resized).jpg
#13650 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Has anyone installed the lighted Joyce Wall from Lermods and found the lights went very dim? When first installed the lights were very bright, but dimmed after about 20 minutes. This is the second wall I've tried and had the same issue with both. Every one in a while at start up it will flash bright....then dim for the rest of the night.
[quoted image]

might be something wrong with yours. mine remains at the same brightness at all times, and is plenty bright.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,393 posts in this topic. You are on page 273 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/273?hl=avngrhulk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.