IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,430 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 449.
#13501 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Mine happens even with a single ball. Do you know the pitch of your play field? Mines right in the middle on the level but I plan to make it steeper.

the first is with the top of my phone touching the middle two drop targets, sitting on the playfield; the second is the side rail level

Screenshot_20220111-095928_Bubble Level PRO (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220111-095928_Bubble Level PRO (resized).jpg
20220111_100007 (resized).jpg20220111_100007 (resized).jpg

i doubt very much that either of those is totally accurate i used to keep my F-14 at 8.5 degrees and i'm here to tell you that that STh ain't at 8.5 degrees

#13502 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the first is with the top of my phone touching the middle two drop targets, sitting on the playfield; the second is the side rail level
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
i doubt very much that either of those is totally accurate i used to keep my F-14 at 8.5 degrees and i'm here to tell you that that STh ain't at 8.5 degrees

Gotcha thanks! I can still use my phone level as a point of reference to dial it in even if it’s not accurate at least hah

#13503 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Would like to see a pic of this, I like this idea.

Here you go! The steel was a little heavier gauge than I thought, so I pretty much used up two cutting wheels on my rotary tool. Took me about an hour from start to finish, mainly because I was cutting freehand with the rotary tool (I would say ‘Dremel tool’, but I use Milwaukee products). I took my time and tried to get my cuts as straight as possible. Electrical tape on the backside was my solution for light seal.

6991D5A5-F0BF-42C6-AF33-63D19DF681DA (resized).jpeg6991D5A5-F0BF-42C6-AF33-63D19DF681DA (resized).jpegF9F23F30-FE01-4CC3-81E4-113A61882414 (resized).jpegF9F23F30-FE01-4CC3-81E4-113A61882414 (resized).jpeg

#13504 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Gotcha thanks! I can still use my phone level as a point of reference to dial it in even if it’s not accurate at least hah

yeah for example it says there's a -.4 degree x-axis tilt but if i set the ball behind the drops there's a 50/50 chance of it rolling either left or right when it gets trapped back there which seems fine to me

#13505 2 years ago

yeah for example it says there's a -.4 degree x-axis tilt but if i set the ball behind the drops there's a 50/50 chance of it rolling either left or right when it gets trapped back there which seems fine to me

#13506 2 years ago

^^^ i have some issues with that Mystery post, as well. sometimes- not every time, so i can't diagnose it without taking the left side ramp off and i really don't want to, either- but sometimes, when i get 3 or 4 balls in the Mystery shot during a multiball, they'll somehow hang up and not kick out properly; there's a weird gap that I can feel with my finger that the first ball gets stuck in when other balls are stacked up behind it, on the underside of the left side ramp. It only happens sometimes, but when it happens during TI and you're the only one home it can really kill a career game quickly. is there an operator setting that will let me open the coin door and take the glass off without the game counting it as a drain? when something like this happens at league, the TD would just put the balls back in the shooter lane...

looping the ramps in this game is hard. the right side ramp is one of the hardest shots for me to hit in pinball, period. from the inlane, from Burn it Back, from a trap- i'm just massively inconsistent. and the demodog target on the left side of the front of that ramp is a freaking death shot off the left flipper

Push your gate towards the backboard. This is how mine came from the factory and hangs up back there sometimes.

Screenshot_20220111-145754_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220111-145754_Chrome (resized).jpg
#13507 2 years ago

^^^ thanks for that, that's not where it's binding up though. it's past the opto. but not quite to the post, as i've circled here

Screenshot 2022-01-11 150815 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-01-11 150815 (resized).png

it's extremely irritating because sometimes it's just fine, 4 balls get in Mystery at once and it kicks them out just fine. then sometimes there are only 3 and it binds up to the point where you have to take the glass off because the post fires and fires and then just...stops firing and doesn't send a chase ball. you can also nail the three stuck balls there with a 4th ball, and you can also shake it loose sometimes. rest assured, though, if you have a billion on the board and two extra balls in the bank, it's going to stick and you're going to tilt it

so you pull the glass, lose the ball, sadly put the balls in the left side ramp to drain down. theoretically, if i enabled ballsave or whatever in the operator menu- where would i put the unstuck balls? just...throw them in the pops? trap up? if i put them in the shooter lane it's gonna be ugly. trying to think of a fair way to keep scoring if this happens again.

#13508 2 years ago

A couple questions for you longer term owners.

1) On my Stranger Things, there is no way to hit the right most two demo drops from a plunge. If I plunge softer, it doesn't make it to the drops. If I plunge harder, it will always hits the left two drops or goes into the mystery lane. I assume that I have to maybe loosen and bend the shooter lane ball guide toward the shooter lane so that it can get a straighter trajectory? Anyone have to adjust this?

2) Regarding removing the demo. What plastics have to be removed? I read multiple posts (and most of this topic) with pieces of info, but still not clear everything that has to be removed. Then I understand that 3 bolts have to be removed from the demo itself, 2 from the bottom and one from the top. Is the circle in red the one from the top? If so, what is the easiest way to get to it? I assume the area circled in blue is where the two bolts from underneath attach.

Thanks in advance!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#13509 2 years ago

i don't think you are meant to hit Mystery from the plunge- maybe turn that power down a little on the autoplunge? also check to make sure the shooter is seated properly in the cabinet so that it strikes the center of the ball?

as for the demo- 19 is what you want to remove/adjust and yes 14 is the redundant screw that becomes unneccessary after the adjustment. i got mine out differently than others do by sort of flexing a plastic on the left side of the Demo but many here have posted about how they did it, check the key posts at the top of the thread

#13510 2 years ago

i don't think you are meant to hit Mystery from the plunge- maybe turn that power down a little on the autoplunge? also check to make sure the shooter is seated properly in the cabinet so that it strikes the center of the ball?

This is on manual plunge. Based on what you are saying, it seems like my ball guide exiting the shooter lanes is angled too far down as any trajectory is to the left half of the drops. It needs a bit more upward trajectory over left trajectory. There is no speed of plunge that will make it hit the far 2 right drops. This basically makes an MXV shot impossible.

#13511 2 years ago

i mean i hit the MXV shot from U sometimes...there's a weird, funky cadence on the plunger to hit either the saucer or the MXV shot. do you have an aftermarket shooter? if so, did you install it? it's not hard to have it just be off a little bit and mess things up. as i said before- and don't do this- but if it doesn't feel like you could lift the machine by the shooter handle it's probably not installed right

#13512 2 years ago

All stock. Only thing I have done to machine is install UV kit and put Mylar under left ramp where ball guide goes underneath.

#13513 2 years ago

so there are three ways to try to make skillshots and for me, generally depends on how much 4 roses i've had

1. full power plunge, release when the arrow is at the left most target. will hit the 2nd from left drop no matter what for an easy 5 mil, no timing needed.

2. try to look at the markers on the shooter gauge and pull the plunger back far enough to where i've hit the saucer with a gentle, arcing shot in the past, hold it there, and let it go.

3. the magical, mystery drunken plunge where...i can't really explain it...you...leave your hand on the plunger longer and don't hold it at the far end of a short plunge, to do the MXV shot. like...following through on a baseball swing or putt increases the amount of time the ball is in contact with the ball/club and changes the momentum as such.

or maybe im just high i guess what i'm saying is, experiment with how you plunge before you start tearing shit apart

edited to say that in the long run, the skill shots are both pretty cool, but in the grand scheme of things, neither is very many points. i think you get a drawing for a MXV though?

you could also try a different spring tension on the shooter, i spose

#13514 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

This is on manual plunge. Based on what you are saying, it seems like my ball guide exiting the shooter lanes is angled too far down as any trajectory is to the left half of the drops. It needs a bit more upward trajectory over left trajectory. There is no speed of plunge that will make it hit the far 2 right drops. This basically makes an MXV shot impossible.

I have a new pro with the same issue. Was also thinking I had to straighten the ball guide out the shooter lane.

#13515 2 years ago

sorry yall, i even searched the thread but didnt see anyone else with this specific issue.

#13516 2 years ago

Trust me. I have tried every level of plunge and there is no plunge that will hit the right two targets.

I am also not looking forward to taking the demo out to experiment.

#13517 2 years ago

The designer (MXV) said he had the best luck using the 3rd target from the left, the 'N', and then into the saucer. I have done it with the 2nd from the left, 'U'.

#13518 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

The designer (MXV) said he had the best luck using the 3rd target from the left, the 'N', and then into the saucer. I have done it with the 2nd from the left, 'U'.

And therein lies my problem. I can’t plunge and hit third or fourth from left.

#13519 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

And therein lies my problem. I can’t plunge and hit third or fourth from left.

Adjust the shooter lane guide. Every mm should change the trajectory a decent amount. Loosen the screws, move it a tad, hold it, and tighten back down.

#13520 2 years ago

so there are three ways to try to make skillshots and for me, generally depends on how much 4 roses i've had
1. full power plunge, release when the arrow is at the left most target. will hit the 2nd from left drop no matter what for an easy 5 mil, no timing needed.
2. try to look at the markers on the shooter gauge and pull the plunger back far enough to where i've hit the saucer with a gentle, arcing shot in the past, hold it there, and let it go.
3. the magical, mystery drunken plunge where...i can't really explain it...you...leave your hand on the plunger longer and don't hold it at the far end of a short plunge, to do the MXV shot. like...following through on a baseball swing or putt increases the amount of time the ball is in contact with the ball/club and changes the momentum as such.
or maybe im just high i guess what i'm saying is, experiment with how you plunge before you start tearing shit apart
edited to say that in the long run, the skill shots are both pretty cool, but in the grand scheme of things, neither is very many points. i think you get a drawing for a MXV though?
you could also try a different spring tension on the shooter, i spose

Dumb question and I know I’ve seen the answer here before but what exactly is the MXV skill shot? I’ve gotten it before on location by accident but I can’t remember. I know you have to hit the skill shot and super skill shot in one plunge, but whenever I hit the skill shot the super skill shot light goes out. Am I supposed to go for the super first then the normal skill shot? Feel like I’m missing something

#13521 2 years ago

it's plunger to arrow to saucer with no other switch hits and very little time in between. its not possible to flip and hit the MXV shot but you do have time for a quick nudge...

off the N is how I recommend trying it but you can do it off the U also. complicating the shot is the fact that every game plunges a little different

edit: to the dude not wanting to do the demo adjustment: dont be stubborn like me. its really a different game when you can hit that shot and the adjustment is really not bad at all. getting that one screw out is the most onerous part and you only have to do it one time.

#13522 2 years ago

holy shit i just had a ball smash into the ball locked on the tk magnet and reject back down the ramp and stdm

magnets, how the f*ck do they work?

#13523 2 years ago

My shooter lane gate just snapped in half today. lol yay warranty!

#13524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Adjust the shooter lane guide. Every mm should change the trajectory a decent amount. Loosen the screws, move it a tad, hold it, and tighten back down.

Well, I took the right ramp and all plastics off. I adjusted that right shoot lane guide every way until Sunday and nothing really improves it. I even tried taking some of the sharp bend out of it hoping that would angle the ball up more rather than left. No dice.

Anyway, not that important to me right now. Played a game or so and this happened. Happy with that given I have only had this for a week.
7F439658-0422-4C2B-B9A2-6FE0943E794B (resized).jpeg7F439658-0422-4C2B-B9A2-6FE0943E794B (resized).jpeg

#13525 2 years ago

it's plunger to arrow to saucer with no other switch hits and very little time in between. its not possible to flip and hit the MXV shot but you do have time for a quick nudge...
off the N is how I recommend trying it but you can do it off the U also. complicating the shot is the fact that every game plunges a little different
edit: to the dude not wanting to do the demo adjustment: dont be stubborn like me. its really a different game when you can hit that shot and the adjustment is really not bad at all. getting that one screw out is the most onerous part and you only have to do it one time.

I swear the other night I soft plunged to the left flipper and flipped the MXV….maybe it was a dream

#13526 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I swear the other night I soft plunged to the left flipper and flipped the MXV….maybe it was a dream

Only if you hit the drop target skill shot and then bounced directly to saucer. I guess that is possible.

I have flipped the super skill shot to the saucer many times but never the MXV.

#13527 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

a backhand to the saucer from the left flipper off of a drop target would probably be one of history's greatest pinball shots, unless it had that weird spin that going through Mystery a bunch of times will sometimes put on the ball

#13528 2 years ago

a backhand to the saucer from the left flipper off of a drop target would probably be one of history's greatest pinball shots, unless it had that weird spin that going through Mystery a bunch of times will sometimes put on the ball

I think I said it weird earlier haha. I short plunged to the left flipper. Then I hit either the “N” or “!” drop target. Then the ball ricocheted from the drop target to the left rubber post on the right ramp and then into the saucer.

#13529 2 years ago

Just took delivery of the game and wanted to know what flipper power is everybody using? I am currently at 175. If I start to go higher the ball will shoot off the ramps.

On a similar note, I will have to adjust my outer left and right lane as it sends the ball down to the slingshots almost every time. The plunger lane will needs to be adjusted as it hits the mystery spot all the time.

Other than that, this game is hard, but fun.

#13530 2 years ago

Can anyone tell me if this pin is more generic Stranger Things or does it focus the theme around a specific season?

I ask because I finally got around to watching the show so now I'm interested in the pin, but I was quite shocked at the decline in quality from the first two seasons to the third.

I'd be interested in this pin if it's more generic but if it's based on the third season and is plastered with "nerd" callouts, sailor suits and cliche russians I think I'll just avoid it...

#13531 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Can anyone tell me if this pin is more generic Stranger Things or does it focus the theme around a specific season?
I ask because I finally got around to watching the show so now I'm interested in the pin, but I was quite shocked at the decline in quality from the first two seasons to the third.
I'd be interested in this pin if it's more generic but if it's based on the third season and is plastered with "nerd" callouts, sailor suits and cliche russians I think I'll just avoid it...

The game is based on seasons 1 and 2. 6 modes/scenes from each season.

#13532 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

Just took delivery of the game and wanted to know what flipper power is everybody using? I am currently at 175. If I start to go higher the ball will shoot off the ramps.
On a similar note, I will have to adjust my outer left and right lane as it sends the ball down to the slingshots almost every time. The plunger lane will needs to be adjusted as it hits the mystery spot all the time.

Do the ramps have plastic covers at the top bends in them? They should. And stock flipper power is recommended for this game. 255 is default I think.

#13533 2 years ago

Personally, when i buy a used pin, the first thing i do is to set back the default settings and troubleshoot if there is residuals issues.

#13534 2 years ago

yeah, everything is set stock power wise on mine, and it's fine

#13535 2 years ago

175 flipper power seems WAY too low. There should not be problems with ball jumping off ramps at full power. At 175 I am surprised the ramp and orbit are consistently achievable. What is your playfield pitch?

If you can get your shooter lane dialed in to hit all the drops, let me know how you did it. I spent over an hour last night with negligible improvement. I can hit 2nd target from left over to mystery shot.

#13536 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

175 flipper power seems WAY too low. There should not be problems with ball jumping off ramps at full power. At 175 I am surprised the ramp and orbit are consistently achievable. What is your playfield pitch?
If you can get your shooter lane dialed in to hit all the drops, let me know how you did it. I spent over an hour last night with negligible improvement. I can hit 2nd target from left over to mystery shot.

Try a slow mo video. May help. One at the point of where the ball is hit by the shooter rod and another further down the shooter lane.

#13537 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

How can you have 80s nostalgia w/o Russian bad guys??

#13538 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

How can you have 80s nostalgia w/o Russian bad guys??

Haha, I'll say the russians were probably the least egregious of the things that annoyed me about season 3, just an easy example. They actually had more depth than the politician and newspaper guys who were completely one dimensional.

#13539 2 years ago
Quoted from Anony:

Haha, I'll say the russians were probably the least egregious of the things that annoyed me about season 3, just an easy example. They actually had more depth than the politician and newspaper guys who were completely one dimensional.

You’re in luck. The game only covers seasons 1 and 2

#13540 2 years ago

yeah season 3 was real bad

#13541 2 years ago

I think they get better every season.

#13542 2 years ago

I'm just glad they didn't do any modes around the city episodes. Where's mama doesn't really count to me as it wasn't in the city

#13543 2 years ago

Cointaker has the premium UV kit in stock for $279.

Kudos to them for not price-gouging: I will be sure to remember this when making future purchase decisions.

https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit1

#13544 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Cointaker has the premium UV kit in stock for $279.
Kudos to them for not price-gouging: I will be sure to remember this when making future purchase decisions.
https://cointaker.com/products/stranger-things-uv-lighting-kit1

Ditto. I overpaid a bit but I also didn’t want to not secure one. Bit by the FOMO.

#13545 2 years ago

it's utterly worth it. without the UV kit you're missing half of the show and game's theme

#13546 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Try a slow mo video. May help. One at the point of where the ball is hit by the shooter rod and another further down the shooter lane.

Already did that at the lane exit. Will look at the plunger side later. One video is before and one is after.

I even manually wedged something in to reduce the arc in hopes it would shoot more upward but if I did that too much it would nick the orbit guide.

Anyway, I played more with the demo since that is more critical than the skill shot.

#13547 2 years ago

I played more with the demo shot and I have determined that I likely do not need to adjust mine at this time.

Below are two back to back videos of the shot from the left flipper at 250 power setting. 255 would result in it hitting a tad too high. The right flipper shot is similar even though I don’t have the video.

I do believe it gets a bit tougher as time goes due to some flipper fade. I am going to install PinMonk flipper coil fans like I have done on my AIQ.

In the game following this, I trapped a ball in each flipper and literally sunk both back to back in the demo to move to the next phase of Trap ‘em.

#13548 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Already did that at the lane exit. Will look at the plunger side later. One video is before and one is after.

I even manually wedged something in to reduce the arc in hopes it would shoot more upward but if I did that too much it would nick the orbit guide.
Anyway, I played more with the demo since that is more critical than the skill shot.

is the wire from the UV kit restricting the movement of the shooter lane gate and making the ball stick? hard to tell from that 3 second video

#13549 2 years ago

is the wire from the UV kit restricting the movement of the shooter lane gate and making the ball stick? hard to tell from that 3 second video

Nope. I even did one with holding the shooter lane gate up so it was a completely clear path. I will come back to it at some time. The only thing I can’t do is the MXV shot which isn’t something I would probably go for much anyway.

#13550 2 years ago

Price drop

SOLD!
Parts - For Sale
New (selling multiple, business) - “NIB. $350 + shipping. Marco and Pinball Life have these for $400 + shipping. Save yourself $50!”
2022-01-13
Sioux Falls, SD
350 (Firm)
Archived after: 2 days
Viewed: 61 times

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,430 posts in this topic. You are on page 271 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/271?hl=morgoth00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.