IMG_3764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 448.
#13451 2 years ago

Ok, finally getting around to taking the spacers out of the demogorgon after doing some slo-mo video tests.

Anyway, I got the 1 topside screw off after taking off that top left plastic over the DG's "shoulder" and freeing up the ramps.
Removed the 2 nuts on the underside, but I can't get the mech out it seems without hitting the bottom of that middle plastic that serves as a ball trap preventer and holds the opto shield thing. I managed to get the two bolts free once, but you cant moved forward as that metal guide is there.

I had thought I'd read that once you got that top screw off (and you don't need to reinstall) the mech should come out easily. It seems I'd have to disassemble even more stuff to get that plastic off.

I'm probably missing something, any help is greatly appreciated.

Jay

st_dgprob (resized).jpgst_dgprob (resized).jpg
#13452 2 years ago

The upside down plastic that is attached to that mount needs to be removed as well. Then it lifts straight out from the mount holes.

#13453 2 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

The upside down plastic that is attached to that mount needs to be removed as well. Then it lifts straight out from the mount holes.

Thanks sir! I got it out, removed the spacers and the front post. I'm now able to hit from a cradle 9 of 10 times!!

but.....a problem I must not have noticed because I never could make the shot, the damn mouth opto isn't registering.
Oh well at least I can get to it now. lol

Thanks again Count!

#13454 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

OK the video worked...where do we get that backglass mod?

If you were in Australia I'd be happy to help out, but shipping at the moment is a nightmare.

#13455 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You’re in for a treat.

You were not kidding. The UV is incredible.

#13456 2 years ago

Sorry for a sideways post but I would like to ask my STH brotherin in hopes my trader doesn’t see it.

I have a RUSH LE confirmed and paid order. I was going to keep it but I got a 2 for 1 offer. The 2 games that are offered are the really the only two other games on my want list. (Havent played either)

My :Rush Le
Their: TWD Pro, DP Pro Both have under 625 plays.

I think it’s a no brainer, have to do it, but would appreciate opinions from you all.

I have had a bunch of offers to sell outright but not looking to “flipper” profit. Other guy is Canadian (like me) drummer and huge Rush fan.

Thoughts?

(Again sorry for the left turn)

#13457 2 years ago

If those are the two games you really want and you don’t have any interest (long term) in the Rush pin, they why hesitate at all? It does seem like a no brainer. Go for it!

#13458 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Sorry for a sideways post but I would like to ask my STH brotherin in hopes my trader doesn’t see it.
I have a RUSH LE confirmed and paid order. I was going to keep it but I got a 2 for 1 offer. The 2 games that are offered are the really the only two other games on my want list. (Havent played either)
I think it’s a no brainer, have to do it, but would appreciate opinions from you all.
I have had a bunch of offers to sell outright but not looking to “flipper” profit. Other guy is Canadian (like me) drummer and huge Rush fan.
Thoughts?

If you’re not dead set on the LE and would be happy with a premium now or down the line this seems like a fantastic deal to me

#13459 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Thoughts?

No brainer…I’ve down graded a couple of LEs to pros and I don’t miss them at all. Those are two super fun ones too

#13460 2 years ago

No brainer. I turned my STH LE into two stern pros too. All day every day!

#13461 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Was just down securing the prem apron. I figured I’d have a bit of time before I had to mylar the under side of the left ramp.
Seems I figured wrong, already gouging one week in.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I only played a day or two and while I was in there installing the UV kit, I saw that mine was starting to do this too. I loosened the ramp and put two pieces of mylar underneath the ramp where it rests on the ball guide. Let's see if that makes enough of a difference.

#13462 2 years ago

Installed my Premium UV kit on my STh pro yesterday. Everything went well and the only extra hardware I needed was those two front apron screws.

I will say that I had a bit of panic when only one side of the UV kit was working. Despite reading and watching videos, somehow I missed the second playfield connector. And the connector on the power board was a bit hidden behind a bundle of wires. After that little blunder, all was well.

Attached are more pictures or the apron since others have asked. The biggest difference is the bit of a gap where the camera would mount. Doesn’t affect any gameplay however.

347E7174-154D-4128-8328-EA9A7773B38E (resized).jpeg347E7174-154D-4128-8328-EA9A7773B38E (resized).jpeg7AA87CA2-D931-43E8-8CCE-41419AA2FC50 (resized).jpeg7AA87CA2-D931-43E8-8CCE-41419AA2FC50 (resized).jpeg8622B370-6FED-42B3-B846-02C667009466 (resized).jpeg8622B370-6FED-42B3-B846-02C667009466 (resized).jpegFD71F1A8-3D2F-4A34-8310-20C0F5976470 (resized).jpegFD71F1A8-3D2F-4A34-8310-20C0F5976470 (resized).jpeg
#13463 2 years ago
Quoted from KJS:

If you were in Australia I'd be happy to help out, but shipping at the moment is a nightmare.

That's very kind and no worries congrats on the amazing work!

#13464 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

If those are the two games you really want and you don’t have any interest (long term) in the Rush pin, they why hesitate at all? It does seem like a no brainer. Go for it!

Quoted from Flake:

If you’re not dead set on the LE and would be happy with a premium now or down the line this seems like a fantastic deal to me

Quoted from Happy81724:

No brainer…I’ve down graded a couple of LEs to pros and I don’t miss them at all. Those are two super fun ones too

Quoted from chuckwurt:

No brainer. I turned my STH LE into two stern pros too. All day every day!

Awesome! I thought the same thing! Thank you!

#13465 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I only played a day or two and while I was in there installing the UV kit, I saw that mine was starting to do this too. I loosened the ramp and put two pieces of mylar underneath the ramp where it rests on the ball guide. Let's see if that makes enough of a difference.

Crap, my ramp decal is getting cut, too. Didn't know this was a thing. They should be putting strip of target foam along that area for some cushion. I'll have to get a replacement decal for the future.

The other day, I saw what looked like a chip of clear on the playfield. Turned out the scoop had a couple chips come off. The clear on mine is very thick and even though it chipped, it didn't go down to bare wood or art. There was still shiny clear under the chipped clear. So, I cleaned the area and put down some mylar. My playfield has a date of March 2020, so it had tons of time to cure, but it is very thick clear.

Just FYI to the December run crew. Check that area.

#13466 2 years ago

Yeah I put Mylar there day one as well as doubled up the Mylar for where the demo ramp touches the playfield.

#13467 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I put Mylar there day one as well as doubled up the Mylar for where the demo ramp touches the playfield.

I'm gonna do some measurements and rubbings for Cliff, so he can offer a protector for the left saucer area. Guess he hasn't had anyone willing to do that much disassembly to get the proper measurements.

#13468 2 years ago

Mylar was fine for me. Zero damage in 3k plays or so.

#13469 2 years ago

i've also wondered what it would take to give up my LE- two NIB pros would probably do it. my family would also be very, very upset.

#13470 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I may double up that ramp too. My Mylar already has a faint line across it from where the ramp hits.

#13471 2 years ago

it'll be interesting to see what happens to the value of these games with two more seasons of the show coming out. weird that stern would choose not to re up the license when the show's only 60% through its run

maybe we'll get a sequel Even Stranger Things

#13472 2 years ago

Hey there,
I ordered a Pro and it will arrive in a few weeks.
I did read all the key post, but I have some questions left.

Any ball guides digging into the PF?
I read i should add some mylar under all three ramp metal flaps, is that right?
Is there a way to protect the left wooden kickout thing, looks prone to damage.
Any other parts on the playfield needs protection beside the shooter lane?

thanks!

#13473 2 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Any ball guides digging into the PF?

No

Just consider adding extra Mylar to where the demo ramp touches the playfield. It should come with some already there.

Yes. Put Mylar around the edge. That will protect the art and clearcoat there.

The decal under the left ramp. That sits on top of a ball guide and cuts into the decal. Need to put something in between that and the ramp.

#13474 2 years ago

I did install cliffys, which includes a protector for the drop bank but I've had it on since like the first 4 plays so I have no idea what it'd look like without it. same with the drain protector

#13475 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

I did install cliffys, which includes a protector for the drop bank but I've had it on since like the first 4 plays so I have no idea what it'd look like without it. same with the drain protector

No need for either imo.

#13476 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No need for either imo.

first time parent syndrome

#13477 2 years ago

I was getting some damage on the wood behind the drops. just looked like wear. I finally after 4k+ plays bought the cliffy set since I needed to get the one for my AIQ and put them all on. I paid for them in the set to might as well right? I have had some hangups on the cliffy behind the drops but a tiny shake frees that if it happens while the drops are down. Drops still hit the ball and free it if you get it behind them so no big deal.

#13478 2 years ago

Finally got around to ordering and installing anti-rattle tape from pinballlife.com. What a difference! Was about $23 including shipping, which seemed a little overpriced, but I have to say it worked really well! I had some vibrations coming from spots in the glass, and this tape fixed them all! I would highly recommend it if you have any glass vibrations.

#13479 2 years ago

Getting a lot of dimpling in the clearcoat after only 50 plays. It’s probably just the colors on the playfield that cause it to be more visible than my Deadpool. I figure that it will eventually even out with more plays, and visually it doesn’t bother me. That being said I don’t want it to damage the ink underneath, particularly considering the UV ink. Should I consider mylar?

#13480 2 years ago

i've also wondered what it would take to give up my LE- two NIB pros would probably do it. my family would also be very, very upset.

As long as one of the pros is a Stranger Things, they will be good.

#13481 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Getting a lot of dimpling in the clearcoat after only 50 plays. It’s probably just the colors on the playfield that cause it to be more visible than my Deadpool. I figure that it will eventually even out with more plays, and visually it doesn’t bother me. That being said I don’t want it to damage the ink underneath, particularly considering the UV ink. Should I consider mylar?

Nope. Just play and enjoy. This game has lots of airballs due to the demo.

#13482 2 years ago

it'll be interesting to see what happens to the value of these games with two more seasons of the show coming out. weird that stern would choose not to re up the license when the show's only 60% through its run
maybe we'll get a sequel Even Stranger Things

I thought season 4 was it. Or you mean 2 more on top of the first 2 that the game is based on?

#13483 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nope. Just play and enjoy. This game has lots of airballs due to the demo.

I was hoping you would say that. I really don’t like a mylar playfield unless it’s a last resort to save an old playfield from imminent self destruction. Thank you for all of your assistance, very much appreciated.
We are having a great time with this game. I was a little worried that this game is a little too similar in layout to Spider-Man, as I’m trying to get a diverse set of layouts in my small collection. You can definitely tell that it’s two completely different design philosophies, and even though they seem similar in layout they play very differently.

#13484 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I thought season 4 was it. Or you mean 2 more on top of the first 2 that the game is based on?

i don't think whether it'll be 4 or 5 seasons has been confirmed yet

#13485 2 years ago

Stranger things pro coming home in a week or two. Where can I buy the uv kit?

#13486 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:

Stranger things pro coming home in a week or two. Where can I buy the uv kit?

I got mine from pinball life and it was the premium kit (which works perfectly). I had to pay more than MSRP as I couldn’t find one anywhere else.

Right now, I see that Marco has the premium kits but you will also pay a premium for it.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7118-Q2

#13487 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

I got mine from pinball life and it was the premium kit (which works perfectly). I had to pay more than MSRP as I couldn’t find one anywhere else.
Right now, I see that Marco has the premium kits but you will also pay a premium for it.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7118-Q2

Thanks for that as it seems like a must for this game

#13488 2 years ago

Just curious what power people are setting the slings at. They felt a little soft out of the box and I was getting a lot of outlane drains. They were at 16 and I bumped them up to 20, which seems to feel better to me. Anyway, thought I’d check in to get some thoughts from fellow owners.

#13489 2 years ago

Moved the IC QR reader to the bill acceptor knockout. I didn’t like the thought of modifying the UV apron to make it fit, plus the red stickers on the IC apron are just hideous and don’t complement the artwork at all. Before I connect this thing to Big Brother, are there any issues if I have the sound mod installed?

#13490 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Just curious what power people are setting the slings at. They felt a little soft out of the box and I was getting a lot of outlane drains. They were at 16 and I bumped them up to 20, which seems to feel better to me. Anyway, thought I’d check in to get some thoughts from fellow owners.

Whatever the factory setting is, I went a couple of clicks lower than that. At factory setting the left sling was sending air balls all the way over to the shooter lane.

#13491 2 years ago
Quoted from AvngRHulk:Thanks for that as it seems like a must for this game

You might also check with Classic Game Rooms, he had a few in stock when he shipped my Pro out (I already had a kit though, so I didn’t need one from him).

#13492 2 years ago

Why ….. why …. why is your favourite mode on a game always the one you seem to start the least often , and then when you do you crash and burn
I’m looking at you Quarter Hunt

#13493 2 years ago

Anyone thinking of leaving the club near MD let me know. Have a beautiful Totan to trade.

#13494 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Moved the IC QR reader to the bill acceptor knockout. I didn’t like the thought of modifying the UV apron to make it fit, plus the red stickers on the IC apron are just hideous and don’t complement the artwork at all. Before I connect this thing to Big Brother, are there any issues if I have the sound mod installed?

Would like to see a pic of this, I like this idea.

#13496 2 years ago

Hey all, just joined the club and started playing last night. Only issue I had was in the mystery/demodog/extra ball lane that gets fed from the demo, the ball sometimes gets hung up under that post to release into the left lane. The post will go down but sometimes the ball doesn’t have enough time to roll down before it goes up. My game is a bit floaty so I want to adjust the level to be a bit steeper. I read earlier that this could correct the issue and maybe to slightly tip it slightly to the left to help it roll out. Any other ideas before I give this a shot? I hope my description was clear; on mobile at the moment.

EDIT: wanted to add that the opto will sometimes detect the ball and let the post down again and the ball will roll out. Other times it gets kicked backwards and registers a shot in the mystery lane and then a ball search starts and it comes out again.

#13497 2 years ago

^^^ i have some issues with that Mystery post, as well. sometimes- not every time, so i can't diagnose it without taking the left side ramp off and i really don't want to, either- but sometimes, when i get 3 or 4 balls in the Mystery shot during a multiball, they'll somehow hang up and not kick out properly; there's a weird gap that I can feel with my finger that the first ball gets stuck in when other balls are stacked up behind it, on the underside of the left side ramp. It only happens sometimes, but when it happens during TI and you're the only one home it can really kill a career game quickly. is there an operator setting that will let me open the coin door and take the glass off without the game counting it as a drain? when something like this happens at league, the TD would just put the balls back in the shooter lane...

Quoted from Ive:

Why ….. why …. why is your favourite mode on a game always the one you seem to start the least often , and then when you do you crash and burn
I’m looking at you Quarter Hunt

looping the ramps in this game is hard. the right side ramp is one of the hardest shots for me to hit in pinball, period. from the inlane, from Burn it Back, from a trap- i'm just massively inconsistent. and the demodog target on the left side of the front of that ramp is a freaking death shot off the left flipper

#13498 2 years ago

I've got a NIB Premium/LE UV kit if someone is looking for one. I ordered it a long time ago and sold the game while waiting for it.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

#13499 2 years ago

is there an operator setting that will let me open the coin door and take the glass off without the game counting it as a drain? when something like this happens at league, the TD would just put the balls back in the shooter lane...

There is a coin door open setting for this somewhere in settings.

#13500 2 years ago

^^^ i have some issues with that Mystery post, as well. sometimes- not every time, so i can't diagnose it without taking the left side ramp off and i really don't want to, either- but sometimes, when i get 3 or 4 balls in the Mystery shot during a multiball, they'll somehow hang up and not kick out properly; there's a weird gap that I can feel with my finger that the first ball gets stuck in when other balls are stacked up behind it, on the underside of the left side ramp. It only happens sometimes, but when it happens during TI and you're the only one home it can really kill a career game quickly. is there an operator setting that will let me open the coin door and take the glass off without the game counting it as a drain? when something like this happens at league, the TD would just put the balls back in the shooter lane...

looping the ramps in this game is hard. the right side ramp is one of the hardest shots for me to hit in pinball, period. from the inlane, from Burn it Back, from a trap- i'm just massively inconsistent. and the demodog target on the left side of the front of that ramp is a freaking death shot off the left flipper

Mine happens even with a single ball. Do you know the pitch of your play field? Mines right in the middle on the level but I plan to make it steeper.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 22,391 posts in this topic. You are on page 270 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/270 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.