IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 448.
#1251 4 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

The only way to silence them is to completely ignore their lopsided pessimistic attitude.

And it’s two clicks away.

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Is the auto launcher installed correct? This looks strange. Also, I think you can make the button launch with a change in the settings?[quoted image]

It's all jacked up. Whatever broke the shooter knob housing pushed it against the auto lunch assembly I think and messed it up. I supposed it could have also been installed incorrectly as well.

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No point in replacing the auto launch assembly with another one in your house as you cannot launch balls with the button yet.
Hopefully stern send you our new parts ASAP.

Autolaunch is used for ball saves, and most importantly multi ball. Try manually plunging all the balls in a multiball and keeping the other balls alive...it's not much fun.

#1254 4 years ago

Geez. Not good. Was the cabinet affected too ? I’d be pretty upset.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No point in replacing the auto launch assembly with another one in your house as you cannot launch balls with the button yet.

That is strange that it doesn't launch the ball on the LE. On my pro the button by default launches the ball

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Autolaunch is used for ball saves, and most importantly multi ball. Try manually plunging all the balls in a multiball and keeping the other balls alive...it's not much fun.

I was just saying how do you initially plunge the ball into play without a normal plunger? I was thinking you thought by swapping a autolaunch mech from another game would get the game playing for now. I don’t think it will. Hopefully stern can overnight you a new autolaunch assembly and shooter rod assembly to get you back up ASAP.

#1257 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I was just saying how do you initially plunge the ball into play without a normal plunger? I was thinking you thought by swapping a autolaunch mech from another game would get the game playing for now. I don’t think it will. Hopefully stern can overnight you a new autolaunch assembly and shooter rod assembly to get you back up ASAP.

I already swapped out the manual plunger assembly from another game. Just need to swap out the auto launch and I think I'll be good to go.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from Trindawg:

Geez. Not good. Was the cabinet affected too ? I’d be pretty upset.

Everything else seems fine.

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

What? No wonka?

I dodged that bullet.

#1260 4 years ago

Man rockytop that looks rough. It must of took some force for that to happen, if i recall those housings for the plunger are cast metal and not plastic? I have a few spares here if you want me to send one out to you although im sure stern is already sending one.

#1261 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am able to launch balls with the button on my pro.

#1262 4 years ago
Quoted from Kharris:

I am able to launch balls with the button on my pro.

Not sure what the deal is on mine. Maybe I turned it off on accident.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Man rockytop that looks rough. It must of took some force for that to happen, if i recall those housings for the plunger are cast metal and not plastic? I have a few spares here if you want me to send one out to you although im sure stern is already sending one.

Very nice of you to offer, but I took out the assembly and was able to straighten it out enough to work for now until an assembly can come in.

It is crazy that the shooter housing broke. It is die cast metal.

#1264 4 years ago

Spent an hour and I just cannot get the demogorgon dialed in. Messed with the pitch. Messed with the cord. Started to take it apart but got a little nervous.

#1265 4 years ago

NEW SDTM! Unboxing A Stranger Things LE Pinball Machine...Blindfolded?!?!

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Spent an hour and I just cannot get the demogorgon dialed in. Messed with the pitch. Messed with the cord. Started to take it apart but got a little nervous.

Try holding it forward with an elastic band like someone posted earlier. Just to see if that helps it. Then if that works we will figure out a more permanent fix.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

NEW SDTM! Unboxing A Stranger Things LE Pinball Machine...Blindfolded?!?!

Hahaha. Amazing.

#1268 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Yeah, I've given up. Just playing the modes these days. Hope the update makes it worth shooting.

#1269 4 years ago

Getting a weird bug with the lock where when the game is restarted or shut off without letting it release the locks it’ll hold them with the game off and at boot up throw a mode 9 error

#1270 4 years ago

Sounds like it doesn’t have time to pull the magnet back to release the balls. Sounds like a bug for sure. When the game turns back on, it should see the balls there and pull back the magnet releasing them.

#1271 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Yeah, I've given up. Just playing the modes these days. Hope the update makes it worth shooting.

I need to go back through this thread and see what other tricks people have for it. I'll try the suggestion on the elastic band that was pointed out.

#1272 4 years ago

Here is how to adjust your demo:

Change out the circled spacers to vary the resting height of the demo. (#20)

Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary. based on the four holes and screws, you can adjust your shims/washers to tilt it just about any way you need to.

U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
BAAD7136-239A-4CF4-9A7A-9C100A812BAD (resized).jpegBAAD7136-239A-4CF4-9A7A-9C100A812BAD (resized).jpeg688399C9-8A7D-4737-97CA-F935CA9599E4 (resized).jpeg688399C9-8A7D-4737-97CA-F935CA9599E4 (resized).jpeg

#1273 4 years ago

If your projector is out of focus, remove the #7 and 8 nut and cover. There is a focus wheel underneath. Use the focus screen in the diagnosis menu. The projector is on the left side under the apron, mounted in a bracket to the playfield.

After that, you will need to readjust the X, Y, and rotation on the individual projection areas.
667E6054-D7D8-48AE-8B04-4A9338DD0CAA (resized).jpeg667E6054-D7D8-48AE-8B04-4A9338DD0CAA (resized).jpeg

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary.
U can use the elastic band method to figure our where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.

Doesn't look that bad. I know it needs to go forward. I appreciate the advice.

#1275 4 years ago

chuckwurt so played a bunch of games with some people and my lock is doing a lot of similar things. I almost feel when lock is lit they need to either use holding voltage and keep the mech in Ramp to the lock or add a time adjustment. I watched it and it’s firing late and it knocks the ball upward into the top of the lock bracket and it deadens the ball

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Add washers btw the bracket and the demo toy to tilt the demo forward, back, side to side, etc as needed to tilt the resting tilt/position of the demo, as necessary.
U can use the elastic band method to figure out where it needs to be, or use a slow motion camera to see where it is hanging up.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Where would I find varying sized spacers to do this change with? Mine definitally needs to come forward as no matter what power I make the flippers it is hitting the bottom lip of the demo

#1277 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

chuckwurt so played a bunch of games with some people and my lock is doing a lot of similar things. I almost feel when lock is lit they need to either use holding voltage and keep the mech in Ramp to the lock or add a time adjustment. I watched it and it’s firing late and it knocks the ball upward into the top of the lock bracket and it deadens the ball

This is my suspicion as well that the timing window is so short that only a ball hit exactly at very specific power and timing will make it, all others get rejected. It seems to me like it needs to hold its position longer and fire slightly sooner.

rs812 great posts, made both of those Key Posts

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Doesn't look that bad. I know it needs to go forward. I appreciate the advice.

No problem! I wanted to post and share for those having issues. It’s pretty simple to adjust.

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:Where would I find varying sized spacers to do this change with? Mine definitally needs to come forward as no matter what power I make the flippers it is hitting the bottom lip of the demo

The spacers are nylon spacers you can get from pbl. But that would be for up and down

If u need it to come forward, use washers on the rear holes btw the bracket and the plastic toy. It will mage the head tip forward and down

#1280 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

If your projector is out of focus, remove the #7 and 8 nut and cover. There is a focus wheel underneath. Use the focus screen in the diagnosis menu.
After that, you will need to readjust the X, Y, and rotation on the individual projection areas.[quoted image]

Cool that they actually give the projector brand/model number.

Anyone looked at alternative brands/models yet?

#1281 4 years ago

Mine is exhibiting a strange new behavior. Whenever any coil fires, half the playfield lights flicker on and off quickly. Flipper coils, pop coils, bumper coils, etc = lights flicker. It's actually super annoying. Will see what stern support says. Power off /unplug then power back on does not fix.

#1282 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Mine is exhibiting a strange new behavior. Whenever any coil fires, half the playfield lights flicker on and off quickly. Flipper coils, pop coils, bumper coils, etc = lights flicker. It's actually super annoying. Will see what stern support says. Power off /unplug then power back on does not fix.

Sounds like a loose plug.

Hope it is that simple, though.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Yea I'm digging around now to try and find anything that could be loose. Also checking into a possible fix for TK lock that was suggested.

#1284 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

Fixed the flickering. It must be a loose cable. Don’t know which I just tried pushing them all down. None seemed loose but it stopped

#1285 4 years ago

TK Lock possible fix. I cannot take credit for this - Zach from flip n out sent it to me, and someone else had sent it to him but I wanted to pass it along as it worked to fix my TK lock. Before doing this, I was lucky to make 1 of 20 shots to TK lock (testing glass off so I could just do it over and over). Now, I make about 9 out of 10 times!

There is a plunger attached to the diverter that the ball rides up to get to the magnet. On the back side where the plunger is, there is a mech with 4 screws you can loosen and then the mech moves back and forth. This changes the maximum angle of the diverter. What you want is for the top of the diverter to be just enough for the ball to go through without pinching the ball. Mine was much too close to the back and pinching the ball so it was preventing it from going up all the way! Loosen the mech, and then use your finger to hold the plunger in the fully up position (which flexes the diverter) and then slowly slide it back and forth until the diverter is correct as described above, and then tighten the mech on the back side.

After adjusting it a few times - it is very finicky and you may need to make micro adjustments to dial it in - it now works drastically better. Here is the pick Zach from flip n out sent me, and again credit to whomever sent this to Zach. You're awesome!

edit: credit to lodgingdolphin!

IMG-4844 (resized).jpgIMG-4844 (resized).jpg

#1286 4 years ago

Hey guys here’s a shot of the demi in the LE my pinball buddies think the hole is much bigger. We have no issues

54CECEA3-A369-4868-BF25-343FF20EA537 (resized).jpeg54CECEA3-A369-4868-BF25-343FF20EA537 (resized).jpegDB5D5FDB-9A69-40F9-92E9-0DFCD6A290E7 (resized).jpegDB5D5FDB-9A69-40F9-92E9-0DFCD6A290E7 (resized).jpegFA31E647-BB51-487C-990B-951F290DE856 (resized).jpegFA31E647-BB51-487C-990B-951F290DE856 (resized).jpeg
#1287 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Hey guys here’s a shot of the demi in the LE my pinball buddies think the hole is much bigger. We have no issues[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Definitely looks bigger - looks more oval shape allowing for more high/low shot tolerance.

#1288 4 years ago

Still working with Stern on the opto issue. I've sent a few more videos trying to troubleshoot. I'll be running some more tests tonight. Short of it is we have not been able to replicate in switch test mode trying to manually force the thing to go off.

I also asked about the demogorgon shot difficulty and sent a video of what I am seeing with mine. You can see how mine will not always come back to the neutral position in the video.

Waiting to hear what he says about that. First item he wanted to look at was the ramp and how it's settling.

#1289 4 years ago

Any one with a pro want to measure the opening of the demogorgen mouth with pic? I can measure my LE in a bit.

#1290 4 years ago

Looks like it's about 35mm wide and about 43mm high on mine

IMG_20200206_163329653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163329653 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163347029 (resized).jpgIMG_20200206_163347029 (resized).jpg
#1291 4 years ago

The LE may be bigger.

I can hit the demo from either flipper on the fly or from a trap. From a trap off the left flipper, I almost always hit it.

#1292 4 years ago

Has anyone ordered the Dig Dug mod from Lermods? Just curious on your thoughts. Thinking about ordering it.

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

Looks like it's about 35mm wide and about 43mm high on mine[quoted image][quoted image]

My LE is about the same.

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

My LE is about the same.

Hmmm maybe it’s the ramp itself

#1295 4 years ago

Someone should try to bore the Demos hole out a little bigger.

#1296 4 years ago

Pro owners - here’s a pic of the replacement up-post for the ball lock. Looks like a much better bond between the metal and plastic. Installing tonight.

2F817C48-730A-446E-9C8E-4E4FA457FFF2 (resized).jpeg2F817C48-730A-446E-9C8E-4E4FA457FFF2 (resized).jpegD0273D7B-F7CD-489A-A6EF-F8B1E9531B66 (resized).jpegD0273D7B-F7CD-489A-A6EF-F8B1E9531B66 (resized).jpeg
#1297 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

TK Lock possible fix. I cannot take credit for this - Zach from flip n out sent it to me, and someone else had sent it to him but I wanted to pass it along as it worked to fix my TK lock. Before doing this, I was lucky to make 1 of 20 shots to TK lock (testing glass off so I could just do it over and over). Now, I make about 9 out of 10 times!
There is a plunger attached to the diverter that the ball rides up to get to the magnet. On the back side where the plunger is, there is a mech with 4 screws you can loosen and then the mech moves back and forth. This changes the maximum angle of the diverter. What you want is for the top of the diverter to be just enough for the ball to go through without pinching the ball. Mine was much too close to the back and pinching the ball so it was preventing it from going up all the way! Loosen the mech, and then use your finger to hold the plunger in the fully up position (which flexes the diverter) and then slowly slide it back and forth until the diverter is correct as described above, and then tighten the mech on the back side.
After adjusting it a few times - it is very finicky and you may need to make micro adjustments to dial it in - it now works drastically better. Here is the pick Zach from flip n out sent me, and again credit to whomever sent this to Zach. You're awesome!
edit: credit to lodgingdolphin!
[quoted image]

So great to see a community/club working together to help one another with NIB issues. As distributors we do everything we can and when everyone works together instead of grabbing pitchforks, shit gets solved. Huge shoutout to lodgingdolphin for sharing the fix with myself. Now I can help out my customers and so on. This is one of the good clubs and as an ecstatic LE owner (#185), I’m happy to be a part of it. Now off to try and get to the second wizard mode (freakin always one mode away!!!!).

#1298 4 years ago

Got my LE and hoping to have it unboxed and setup tonight!

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from dmieczko:

Pro owners - here’s a pic of the replacement up-post for the ball lock. Looks like a much better bond between the metal and plastic. Installing tonight.[quoted image][quoted image]

Did Stern send out free? They should send one to all Pro owners.

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Did Stern send out free? They should send one to all Pro owners.

I bought my pro used, should I contact stern directly for the replacement?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/26?hl=mpnox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.