IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 449.
#13351 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

Hello guys.
I just joined the first time owner club with a STh Pro NIB yesterday and new to Pinside. After about 10-15 games the opto on the right side of the Demogorgon crapped out that senses the bashes. It's not lit red and isn't reading during the manual switch test. No operator errors showing. I checked connections and unplugged and plugged the opto molex connectors back in to no avail. If this has been covered before a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

If not lit, that means that the transmitter and receiver are not getting a good line of sight. Probably just an adjustment to one to be on the same level. Happened on my AIQ pro. Might be harder to get to, being in the Demogorgon area.

#13352 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

Hello guys.
I just joined the first time owner club with a STh Pro NIB yesterday and new to Pinside. After about 10-15 games the opto on the right side of the Demogorgon crapped out that senses the bashes. It's not lit red and isn't reading during the manual switch test. No operator errors showing. I checked connections and unplugged and plugged the opto molex connectors back in to no avail. If this has been covered before a link would be appreciated. Thanks.

I would replace the optos to see if that fixes it.

#13353 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

If not lit, that means that the transmitter and receiver are not getting a good line of sight. Probably just an adjustment to one to be on the same level. Happened on my AIQ pro. Might be harder to get to, being in the Demogorgon area.

I was able to get it readjusted and it now works. I believe my issue was a loose post screw causing the hole in the plastic to block the opto somewhat. Thanks!

#13354 2 years ago

11 days since my game left Stern and it still hasn’t made it to my distributor

#13355 2 years ago
Quoted from Ratman:

11 days since my game left Stern and it still hasn’t made it to my distributor

I would imagine it has to clear customs and that’s not always a fast process

#13356 2 years ago

I still haven’t heard anything about mine distro said it hasn’t left stern yet when he spoke to them and that was 12/28 and he said he spoke to them on 12/27

#13357 2 years ago

I’m in NY and my buddy just got his delivered today. He used a distributor out of Maine i think. A billiards shop. He preordered from them awhile back when they announced the pro run.

#13358 2 years ago

Nothing like you’re first NIB. Happy for him.

C063D1F1-5DEA-45C5-B870-E556DAF775AE (resized).jpegC063D1F1-5DEA-45C5-B870-E556DAF775AE (resized).jpeg
#13359 2 years ago
Quoted from fifftysor:

I was able to get it readjusted and it now works.

Nice job on the repair and welcome to the club! (Start making room for your next pin.)

#13360 2 years ago

I got mine from a local distributor as well. I’m in central FL.

#13361 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I got mine from a local distributor as well. I’m in central FL.

Did you use Little Shop of Games by chance?

#13362 2 years ago
Quoted from Morgoth00:

FYI ClassicGameRooms.com just sent out premium UV kits after an 11month to the day, wait from Stern.
if you are looking for Prem you might hit them up and see if they have any extras

Thanks for this, was able to order one.

#13363 2 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Did you use Little Shop of Games by chance?

No but I got my accessories from them and they’re amazing! Will definitely use them in the future. I actually called them earlier to see if they had any info on stranger things and they said they should be shipping soon.

#13364 2 years ago

chuckwurt enlighten me on the MXV skill shot again. Is it lit second to last drop then left saucer ?

#13365 2 years ago

Has anyone with a stern pro and uv kit installed the insider connected kit? Curious to see how it will be installed with the uv apron

#13366 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

chuckwurt enlighten me on the MXV skill shot again. Is it lit second to last drop then left saucer ?

it's any lit arrow drop target to the saucer

so the three are lit drop target, saucer, or lit drop target to saucer

you get three switch hits to make the arrow or saucer, unless you hit the right inlane switch, which deactivates all skill shots

sorry Chuck didn't mean to steal your thunder

#13367 2 years ago

I know I am being lazy and not wanting to go through 268 pages but what are the thoughts of Pro vs Premium. It seems like I might be able to get a slightly used Pro. I been looking for new games but not sure if they are making the premium or if I can make it on a pro list.

What are the thoughts on the game and how it will fit in with my current collection? I am trying to choose from Elivra (Prem), Stranger Things (Pro/Prem), Star Trek Prem/LE. I will buy one of these 3 but they are all hard to get right now.

Thanks

#13368 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Has anyone with a stern pro and uv kit installed the insider connected kit? Curious to see how it will be installed with the uv apron

There have been a couple people who installed the Premium UV kit on their Pro. RC_like_the_cola posted his here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/264#post-6679845

I also just had my Pro delivered and have the Premium kit to go in it.

#13369 2 years ago

Purchased from dealer last Thursday. Delivered and set up today. Lucky to score one of these. Also had the Premium UV kit delivered today as it was the only one I could find. That install will have to wait until weekend.

0CF892EA-6923-4E63-A8D2-A6F6436D8DB5 (resized).jpeg0CF892EA-6923-4E63-A8D2-A6F6436D8DB5 (resized).jpegD0A52C3F-F434-4886-92D2-AEAB9489499A (resized).jpegD0A52C3F-F434-4886-92D2-AEAB9489499A (resized).jpeg
#13370 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I have the newly released Stern Pro with the Pro UV kit and Insider Connect installed on the Pro UV kit apron. Works great with some minor adjustments to make it all work.

#13371 2 years ago
Quoted from flipperstick:

I have the newly released Stern Pro with the Pro UV kit and Insider Connect installed on the Pro UV kit apron. Works great with some minor adjustments to make it all work.

Any pictures?

#13372 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

If you currently have a pro UV kit on your pro, there is a cut out hiding under the right side triangle sticker. You can just move the QR reader over to your UV apron. You can either use the dumb red sticker or cut your existing one.

#13373 2 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

What are the thoughts on the game and how it will fit in with my current collection? I am trying to choose from Elivra (Prem), Stranger Things (Pro/Prem), Star Trek Prem/LE. I will buy one of these 3 but they are all hard to get right now.
Thanks

with STh it really just comes down to the cabinet art- it's all pretty much fine, imho- and then the two (1) unique mech(s)- the projector (not really a mech) and the TK lock. the projector doesn't affect gameplay at all and the TK lock really doesn't affect gameplay much either- a couple of extra X bonus modes and swipe a ball, and sometimes you get a clean return to the left flipper from a lock instead of fighting the auto launch- but both of them have the pinball cool factor in a way that no other machine has had since both mechs are unique. when non pinball players see those features it makes them want to play, ime, so if that's important, consider it. this is an aside but i think the sounds on Star Trek would get grating to play after a while, but that's just me.

it has a very similar layout to attack from mars but a very different flow. you have monster bash and mars in your top 5, though, so its gonna come down to price and wow factor. which theme do you like best? that's the machine i'd go with. if it's gonna be Stranger Things and you can save 3 grand on a pro vs a prem get the pro. i believe the current, last run of the game is pro only so unless you want to pay an exorbitant flipper markup that's your NIB right there.

#13374 2 years ago

If you currently have a pro UV kit on your pro, there is a cut out hiding under the right side triangle sticker. You can just move the QR reader over to your UV apron. You can either use the dumb red sticker or cut your existing one.

I have my game on location and haven’t pulled the glass to look at the apron. Just wanted to see what others were doing. I have a kit I’d like to install on my pro

#13375 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I have my game on location and haven’t pulled the glass to look at the apron. Just wanted to see what others were doing. I have a kit I’d like to install on my pro

There is a cutout on your UV apron. They planned ahead.

#13376 2 years ago

460D47CF-ED02-44C4-A883-6AD0B59DE7CF (resized).jpeg460D47CF-ED02-44C4-A883-6AD0B59DE7CF (resized).jpeg
#13377 2 years ago
Quoted from bajm:

Any pictures?

EF0E4C3D-3F44-43A0-B5CF-67BC9AB2527E (resized).jpegEF0E4C3D-3F44-43A0-B5CF-67BC9AB2527E (resized).jpeg
#13378 2 years ago

the cutout on the prem apron is on the lower, for some reason terrible quality insert card, yes? so that you don't lose the "worst/weirdest episode in the series" artwork

#13379 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

the cutout on the prem apron is on the lower, for some reason terrible quality insert card, yes? so that you don't lose the "worst/weirdest episode in the series" artwork

I totally agree on worst episode. Lol!! I’ve watched the series a few times and we always skip to the last 10 minutes of that one.

#13380 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I totally agree on worst episode. Lol!! I’ve watched the series a few times and we always skip to the last 10 minutes of that one.

Which episode is that? We're rewatching again soon in preparation for the new season...it'd be good to know where I shouldn't waste my time.

#13381 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Which episode is that? We're rewatching again soon in preparation for the new season...it'd be good to know where I shouldn't waste my time.

it's the "11 in the big city" episode where 11 and The Gang decide not to become superheroes? or something? it did give us the What Mama Says mode, though, which i have to say is the only animation in a pinball i can remember that includes a crying infant and a c-section incision in full color on the LCD

#13382 2 years ago

it's the most first world problem ever but before i updated code, when you turned the machine on, the animation of steve throwing a molotov cocktail would play just before the machine ran the light test, so it looked like he was setting the playfield on fire. the timing got screwed up with 1.05 though and that doesn't happen any more :/

#13383 2 years ago

Premium/LE UV kit in stock at Marco's - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/502-7118-Q2

$399.99 though?

#13384 2 years ago

WTF is it with the normally reputable guys now charging significantly over MSRP? I'm disappointed by this. Glad I got mine from ZMeny for proper MSRP.

#13385 2 years ago

Second Christmas starts today! Yayyyy!!

03443FB7-F540-42F0-98EE-83FEA41B285F (resized).jpeg03443FB7-F540-42F0-98EE-83FEA41B285F (resized).jpeg
#13386 2 years ago

WTF is it with the normally reputable guys now charging significantly over MSRP? I'm disappointed by this. Glad I got mine from ZMeny for proper MSRP.

Marco is almost always over priced even before the pandemic . It’s the reason I always went to pinball life. Unfortunately they are starting to do the same.

#13387 2 years ago

i know that we're not gonna solve the contentious issue here but if i were a retailer i'd probably get pretty sick of leaving money on the table by strictly selling stuff at MSRP so some flipper can profit off of some misguided sense of business ethics

the solution is clearly for $tern to do a round of VC to start another production line and get rid of the false scarcity problem in pinball. just make enough for everyone to buy!

#13388 2 years ago

Keep in mind its also Manufacturers SUGGESTED price. Its a tight market right now.

If there were too many available and they had to sell below MSRP, I doubt the same people would say "wait, I want to only pay MSRP"

#13389 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

i know that we're not gonna solve the contentious issue here but if i were a retailer i'd probably get pretty sick of leaving money on the table by strictly selling stuff at MSRP so some flipper can profit off of some misguided sense of business ethics
the solution is clearly for $tern to do a round of VC to start another production line and get rid of the false scarcity problem in pinball. just make enough for everyone to buy!

even before covid there were mad dashes to get the toppers and other accessories. They don't seem to ever make enough. I bought mine directly from Stern right after they announced it. Them having stock was rare though. Usually their store is empty of accessories

#13390 2 years ago

i'd just hate to see pinball become shoes, another ludicrous hobby i used to participate in

people have bots that have bots now so they can win a lottery to buy a $100 pair of LE Dunks and flip them for $1200 on the secondary market. normal people that want to buy stuff have no chance and it's by design.

#13391 2 years ago

Just got the call….taking delivery Monday!!!!! Can’t wait for my first non-virtual pin!

#13392 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Just got the call….taking delivery Monday!!!!! Can’t wait for my first non-virtual pin!

Congratulations! Excellent choice for a fist game. There is enough depth(IMO) on stranger things to keep you playing for a long time to come.

#13393 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Congratulations! Excellent choice for a fist game. There is enough depth(IMO) on stranger things to keep you playing for a long time to come.

Thank you! This and JP prem were my top 2. JP wouldn’t come until after the price increase so I went with StTh but I’m extremely pleased especially since I got the UV kit. I’ve played a pro with the UV and premium without the UV and I ended up preferring the pro with it.

#13394 2 years ago

I've had AIQ since the end of september and beaten it twice. Took me a few months to be guardians by completing everything. I've yet to put together a complete game with Stranger Things in 2 years. Been so close a few times. I also refuse to time out modes so theres that. I know I could get there if I wanted to by doing that but that's not fun to me.

#13395 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

Woo Hoo! Congrats!! Be sure to take your time and mind the setup instructions. If you get ahead of the steps then you could have to undo something that you’ve already done. Also be sure to use scissors to cut off all of the zip ties that secure the shooter rod and keys and whatnot. Don’t use a utility knife…very easy to slip and cut yourself or the machine or both!

#13396 2 years ago

Yeah. Never ever use a utility knife for anything but opening the box. Wire cutters or scissors for zip ties.

#13397 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Woo Hoo! Congrats!! Be sure to take your time and mind the setup instructions. If you get ahead of the steps then you could have to undo something that you’ve already done. Also be sure to use scissors to cut off all of the zip ties that secure the shooter rod and keys and whatnot. Don’t use a utility knife…very easy to slip and cut yourself or the machine or both!

I've seen backboxes go flying with a quick snip of a strap while the machine is still on its back. Not pretty. Steps are easy but don't rush it with the first one.

#13398 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I’m not sure if this is frowned upon, but my distro is actually setting it up haha. I’ll be home for it though and I’ll make sure they have wire cutters or scissors on hand. It’s going upstairs anyway so I need their help with it either way.

#13399 2 years ago
Quoted from Pot8er:

I’m not sure if this is frowned upon, but my distro is actually setting it up haha. I’ll be home for it though and I’ll make sure they have wire cutters or scissors on hand. It’s going upstairs anyway so I need their help with it either way.

Just watch what they do. One day you will have to move it again and knowing how it was to begin with and how to get it back into that place is a good thing.

#13400 2 years ago

If anyone is looking for a pro UV kit, I just got one from Pinball Pirate. It was msrp plus tax and shipping. Got here in 2 days. Now just waiting on the pin to arrive My first nib since X-Men.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Trade
$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Covington, GA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,407 posts in this topic. You are on page 268 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/268?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.