IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 449.
#13251 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

If u have the right tools ready.. maybe an hour... greatest upgrade EVER!

I was watching the Stern ‘making of’ video today….I didn’t realize that they actually used a UV-activated ink on the playfield. I always thought they had just selected colors that glow when the UV light hits them. Pretty neat.

#13252 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

I was watching the Stern ‘making of’ video today….I didn’t realize that they actually used a UV-activated ink on the playfield. I always thought they had just selected colors that glow when the UV light hits them. Pretty neat.

There’s tons of hidden art in the game. The plastics in the kit have it too.

#13253 2 years ago

Which still makes you wonder why the UV kit was an accessory vs. included in the machine, but here we are.

#13254 2 years ago

I was watching the Stern ‘making of’ video today…

Since you mentioned it..

#13255 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

Which still makes you wonder why the UV kit was an accessory vs. included in the machine, but here we are.

I’ve never wondered why. It’s very simple. This was a feature that was too expensive to include with the game. So instead of scraping it completely like the proton packs for GB, they made it an optional add on. Sucks we had to pay, but at least it was an option instead of completely scrapped.

#13256 2 years ago

I went with clear titans to start then tried glow just screwing around. I thought the glow would look weird.. but its pretty sweet. Im not a topper guy, but an add on like the UV is better than any mod or add on ive ever bought. Can't imagine the game without it. The first time the UV kicked i was hooked. Hanging balls on the TK look is killer too.. although not crucial to enjoying the game. Get that demogorgan adjusted and you are good to go.

#13257 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

I went with clear titans to start then tried glow just screwing around. I thought the glow would look weird.. but its pretty sweet. Im not a topper guy, but an add on like the UV is better than any mod or add on ive ever bought. Can't imagine the game without it. The first time the UV kicked i was hooked. Hanging balls on the TK look is killer too.. although not crucial to enjoying the game. Get that demogorgan adjusted and you are good to go.

Looking forward to it!! Distro is shipping out today, so hopefully I’ll have my Pro by next weekend. All of the goodies are stacked up in a pile, waiting on the machine to arrive.

#13258 2 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone have or know where I can purchase a premium translite?

Did anyone answer this question? I believe you can get one via distributor. I’ve been contemplating doing the same thing, as I prefer the premium translite artwork.

#13259 2 years ago

Did anyone answer this question? I believe you can get one via distributor. I’ve been contemplating doing the same thing, as I prefer the premium translite artwork.

yea no replies, I've hit up a few distributers and I've had no luck so far.

#13260 2 years ago

Got it! Time to install the UV kit

1ACA1CC1-CE66-4D2C-B493-E6ABF7A928CE (resized).jpeg1ACA1CC1-CE66-4D2C-B493-E6ABF7A928CE (resized).jpeg41AA18F2-1EB3-49F7-BE57-83B3D5910F14 (resized).jpeg41AA18F2-1EB3-49F7-BE57-83B3D5910F14 (resized).jpeg
#13261 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ve never wondered why. It’s very simple. This was a feature that was too expensive to include with the game. So instead of scraping it completely like the proton packs for GB, they made it an optional add on. Sucks we had to pay, but at least it was an option instead of completely scrapped.

It should have been included with the premium/LE's IMO.

#13262 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Got it! Time to install the UV kit
[quoted image][quoted image]

Your serial is very close to mine. You will likely have to update code, too.

#13263 2 years ago

And we’re in. And yes, if you’re wondering, Sean Astin art and overheating flipper coils are requirements for my game room.

5DDF7539-8B25-4186-88C5-B5A72534F0DD (resized).jpeg5DDF7539-8B25-4186-88C5-B5A72534F0DD (resized).jpeg
#13264 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Your serial is very close to mine. You will likely have to update code, too.

I downloaded the 1.05 Cleland code

#13265 2 years ago

Joining the club. Stumbled across an available NIB from latest run at a dealer and took the plunge. Should be here soon.

#13266 2 years ago

Just applied this decal that Brian signed for me. Met him when he was in town for the Louisville Arcade Expo 2020. Brian Eddy signature edition lol.

20211230_152758 (resized).jpg20211230_152758 (resized).jpg
#13267 2 years ago

My left down post keeps firing and then the error says it’s malfunctioning. Anyone have this issue?

#13268 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

My left down post keeps firing and then the error says it’s malfunctioning. Anyone have this issue?

occasionally, when balls stack up behind that post during multiball, my game will have an issue where a ball does not get kicked out due to how the next ball behind it settles against the lower ball guide. this is usually only an issue during 4 ball multiballs and happens extremely rarely if and when 3 or more balls are in the mystery shot at the same time. if the post fires and fires and no ball kicks out, the game will display the operator error you're seeing. it doesn't happen often enough for me to justify taking the left ramp apart to fix it- most of the time you can just nudge the table for a warning or two and the situation will right itself.

#13269 2 years ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

occasionally, when balls stack up behind that post during multiball, my game will have an issue where a ball does not get kicked out due to how the next ball behind it settles against the lower ball guide. this is usually only an issue during 4 ball multiballs and happens extremely rarely if and when 3 or more balls are in the mystery shot at the same time. if the post fires and fires and no ball kicks out, the game will display the operator error you're seeing. it doesn't happen often enough for me to justify taking the left ramp apart to fix it- most of the time you can just nudge the table for a warning or two and the situation will right itself.

Mine is every game. It has to be something registering but not showing in switch test

#13270 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Mine is every game. It has to be something registering but not showing in switch test

Make sure the optos are clear and clean. Something might be causing fake registers.

#13271 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Make sure the optos are clear and clean. Something might be causing fake registers.

Had to take the ramp off and clean the opto. It’s working now, thanks!

#13272 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Given the material cost of the UV kit itself (UV ledstrip are CHEAP, the rest is metal and printed plastics - even if there's UV ink it's not going to cost a fortune to build), I'm actually more inclined to think it's something in the line of "let's have collectors pay premium for it". The apron is a prime demonstration, why oh why REPLACE the apron, they could have simply put the apron with the hole in all machines, and add mounting mechs for the ledstrips behind as a kit

The margin they're making on this kit is massive.

#13273 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Given the material cost of the UV kit itself (UV ledstrip are CHEAP, the rest is metal and printed plastics - even if there's UV ink it's not going to cost a fortune to build), I'm actually more inclined to think it's something in the line of "let's have collectors pay premium for it". The apron is a prime demonstration, why oh why REPLACE the apron, they could have simply put the apron with the hole in all machines, and add mounting mechs for the ledstrips behind as a kit
The margin they're making on this kit is massive.

It can be both. Eddy confirmed that if they wanted it in the game it needed to be an accessory or scraped. I think it was his idea to make it an accessory instead of getting rid of it.

#13274 2 years ago

anyone planning on making an insider apron card for the premium? would like to keep my plastic art but it looks weird mounted in the instructions slot without any art around it.

#13275 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

And we’re in. And yes, if you’re wondering, Sean Astin art and overheating flipper coils are requirements for my game room.
[quoted image]

lol congratulations! If there’s one thing a person can’t have too many of, it’s overheating flipper coils.
And who knows, maybe one day you will be able to add a Goonies to Astin Row.

#13276 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Joining the club. Stumbled across an available NIB from latest run at a dealer and took the plunge. Should be here soon.

Congratulations! Nice find!

#13277 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It can be both. Eddy confirmed that if they wanted it in the game it needed to be an accessory or scraped. I think it was his idea to make it an accessory instead of getting rid of it.

God Bless Brian Eddy for saving it! The game is good, but the UV is what changes this game from a pinball game to a Stranger Things pinball game. It was an absolute deal-breaker for me to buy this title if I couldn’t get a UV kit for it somehow. I know Pinstadium makes one and it’s actually pretty neat how it lights up the ramps, but you don’t get the plastics and whatnot. In this new crazy weird pinball market, it’s almost a foreign concept to think that just a couple hundred bucks would cause Stern to put the UV kit on the chopping block due to cost concerns. Sort of the same thought process as the Deadpool topper…if Mr. Gomez had known then what he knows now about what folks are willing to pay, he would’ve built it how he wanted instead of making sacrifices for cost concerns. Nowadays if this machine was the latest model being released, they’d just up the price by $300 and call it a day.

#13278 2 years ago
Quoted from blizz81:

[quoted image]

And a fridge with three taps - nice!!

#13279 2 years ago

I am waiting on my art blades from stern. I have a quick question. Do they also have art that’s UV activated?

#13280 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am waiting on my art blades from stern. I have a quick question. Do they also have art that’s UV activated?

Unfortunately no. Surprised nobody made them. I guess the interest in the game was just too low for the mod makers to jump on it.

#13281 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Unfortunately no. Surprised nobody made them. I guess the interest in the game was just too low for the mod makers to jump on it.

Bummer, I am too. It would be awesome

#13282 2 years ago

I have seen some posts for people that use blue/purple UV ink on the art blades and they do react with the UV kit. I am going to have one of my daughters do this to mine.

#13283 2 years ago

i've got quite a new year's eve planned- gonna try to get to Final Showdown while i watch Phish play three sets on their youtube channel and get progressively more hammered. happy new year, party members!

#13284 2 years ago

i've got quite a new year's eve planned- gonna try to get to Final Showdown while i watch Phish play three sets on their youtube channel and get progressively more hammered. happy new year, party members!

These are all quality goals for a New Years’ celebration. Cheers!

#13285 2 years ago

Yay! We’re watching too! I went to MSG with my wife for the first time in 2019 and it was fucking amazing.

#13286 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I bought my overseas.. they don't glow but the color is killer and don't have the Demogorgan in it.

20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_094952 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150830 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_150836 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193018 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193026 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg20210203_193040 (resized).jpg

#13287 2 years ago

^^ always thought those were the best of the aftermarket blades; nice and clean looking

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yay! We’re watching too! I went to MSG with my wife for the first time in 2019 and it was fucking amazing.

i saw them somewhere between 40 and 50 times throughout the midwest in the 90's. never saw a bad show! sucks that there's no crowd but i'm glad they're doing it this way. enjoy!

#13288 2 years ago

^^ always thought those were the best of the aftermarket blades; nice and clean looking

i saw them somewhere between 40 and 50 times throughout the midwest in the 90's. never saw a bad show! sucks that there's no crowd but i'm glad they're doing it this way. enjoy!

I always liked them. Saw a handful of shows in college. Then met my wife. Toured with them from 97-98 and showed me the way. Haha. Love nothing more than making trips to see 3-4 night runs.

#13289 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I always liked them. Saw a handful of shows in college. Then met my wife. Toured with them from 97-98 and showed me the way. Haha. Love nothing more than making trips to see 3-4 night runs.

I’m a huge, huge Dead guy and have tried so, so hard to get into Phish but it just doesn’t work for me. That’s not to say they aren’t all amazing musicians and they put on amazing performances. For me, unfortunately, there is just something missing. With that being said, enjoy all things Phish tonight!

#13290 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m a huge, huge Dead guy and have tried so, so hard to get into Phish but it just doesn’t work for me. That’s not to say they aren’t all amazing musicians and they put on amazing performances. For me, unfortunately, there is just something missing. With that being said, enjoy all things Phish tonight!

Yeah. I appreciate the dead but they are a terrible live experience if you want to dance imo. Nothing they play get my blood pumping like Phish. Great show to see mid day at a festival! But then again I’ve never seen them live in person, in their full form. I hear JRAD is a must. I hope to see them live at some point.

#13291 2 years ago

Aaaaggggghh!!!!

My game has been on the road for 8 days already…it is a mere 14 hrs away and I still likely won’t see it until Wednesday or Thursday next week!!!

The waiting is killing me

#13292 2 years ago

For those of you that are using the premium UV kit on the pro, what are you doing for the game card area where the IC is located? Printing a custom card?

066AC848-2EF2-48F3-A133-E811CC7D6CCF (resized).jpeg066AC848-2EF2-48F3-A133-E811CC7D6CCF (resized).jpeg
#13293 2 years ago

This is how inset mine up. Just got the machine and UV kit a week ago.

5C35713E-5D22-434C-AE59-8ABE3581C9A6 (resized).jpeg5C35713E-5D22-434C-AE59-8ABE3581C9A6 (resized).jpeg
#13294 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

For those of you that are using the premium UV kit on the pro, what are you doing for the game card area where the IC is located? Printing a custom card?
[quoted image]

I got the coin door mount bracket from the pinsider selling them, plan to relocate that so I can still use apron cards.

#13295 2 years ago

So installed the shooter rod.. kind of a pain in the A.. but got it done. Now I have 2 errors.. anyone seen this. Game plays fine except that the left pop fires for some reason randomly.

Update: all tech alerts are cleared, not sure how.. left pop keeps randomly firing.

Update again: simple lead switch adjustment. Simple fix. Who would have known an HO slot car shoe adjustment tool would work perfectly for pinball..

#13296 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

So installed the shooter rod.. kind of a pain in the A.. but got it done. Now I have 2 errors.. anyone seen this. Game plays fine except that the left pop fires for some reason randomly.
Update: all tech alerts are cleared, not sure how.. left pop keeps randomly firing.
Update again: simple lead switch adjustment. Simple fix. Who would have known an HO slot car shoe adjustment tool would work perfectly for pinball..

These are pretty handy to have in the 'ol pinball toolbox: https://www.pinballlife.com/ultimate-leaf-adjuster-tool.html

#13297 2 years ago
Quoted from jk2171:

FYI…PinballLife website shows Prem/LE UV kits in stock.

And as soon as they started taking orders again, it was instantly sold out.

#13298 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

And as soon as they started taking orders again, it was instantly sold out.

I was surprised to see Terry charging more than MSRP for the kit.

#13299 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I was surprised to see Terry charging more than MSRP for the kit.

I don’t think anyone is selling for less than $300 right now.

#13300 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think anyone is selling for less than $300 right now.

I bought mine from Tilt for 300 plus shipping 5 days ago. It was the only person I saw sell them for msrp.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Eastvale, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Lighting - Interactive
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
HurryUpPinball

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 22,419 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.