IMG_3331 (resized).png
IMG_3330 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_8623 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8621 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8622 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 449.
#13201 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

My now 11yr old daughter who is absolutely obsessed with the show has been binging the seasons for a 12/13th time. She can recite 80% of the series. Anyways, I walk through the house and hear a call out from Clelands code and I immediately say “lock is lit” or some other call out Cleland has. However…. whenever the TK multi ball van flip shows up on the tv or iPad … instant goosebumps. Greatest pin ever created! My first pin, my first love and love every aspect of this machine.

#13202 2 years ago

This thing is faster than any other Stranger Things I've played. But, my demo seems to be hitting the mouth pretty regularly outta the box. Fingers crossed.

#13203 2 years ago

Got the call from my distro this afternoon. My game is shipping out to me tomorrow. Super pumped and glad I got in on this run. I didn’t realize this was the final run this game was going to get.

I’m so tempted to grab a topper…I’m on the fence. What does everyone think about the topper?

#13204 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m so tempted to grab a topper…I’m on the fence. What does everyone think about the topper?

i think it's rad and adds a lot, but it isn't worth the money if you go strictly by the BOM and it does distract from gameplay a bit, especially in a dark room. it's very very very cool though and i would buy it again in a heartbeat.

#13205 2 years ago

the "Great Yearly Pinball Budget Reset" is upon us soon and the wife is a huge fan of the pin and series. if anyone within an 8 hour (ish) drive of Pittsburgh is planning on selling their premium or LE, send me a PM.

#13206 2 years ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

I walk through the house and hear a call out from Clelands code and I immediately say “lock is lit” or some other call out Cleland has. However whenever am the TK multi ball van flip shows up… instant goosebumps.

Yup, it pushes all the buttons and is a classic in my book.

#13207 2 years ago

So, my Demogorgon has some springiness to it. I thought Pro games had rigid ones, but maybe this is a later run change and why it works so good right out of the box?

#13208 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Got the call from my distro this afternoon. My game is shipping out to me tomorrow. Super pumped and glad I got in on this run. I didn’t realize this was the final run this game was going to get.

It's one of the few that you can actually get for MSRP and it will add even more value to the game if it becomes NLA. Also, cool infinity mirror. Granted, I've only had it set up for a day, but it's pretty dang cool.

#13209 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m honestly unimpressed with the topper. Cool effect from a distance but adds nothing to the game. Outside of the speculative resale value it ages to your game, you aren’t missing much. My $.02 of course

#13210 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Forgot the pro has the virtual lock. The two I’ve had have been LE and Premium now. Right at start of game I hit the left ramp(no lock lit) and the arm fires and then the magnet releases kinda quick. No lock animation. It’s enough to make the ball fly in the air and sometimes stick and then drop. Both games were on 1.02. Hit the ramp again with no lock lit immediately after and it doesn’t do it anymore.

Well the arm shouldn’t be firing unless lock is lit. That’s the problem. That needs adjusted or looked into.

#13211 2 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

So, my Demogorgon has some springiness to it. I thought Pro games had rigid ones, but maybe this is a later run change and why it works so good right out of the box?

They all have that. It uses two rubber gaskets on either side of the demo to allow it to swap back and forth. You can loosen those to make it more springy or tighten them to make it more rigid. Sounds like they are loosening them at the factory compared to previous runs. That’s good.

#13212 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool topper. Get one.

#13213 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well the arm shouldn’t be firing unless lock is lit. That’s the problem. That needs adjusted or looked into.

Agreed. Given two games do this on only the first left ramp shot of the game I kinda think it’s software. Can anyone else confirm if their premium/LE does this on ball one first left ramp shot only(no lock lit)

#13214 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Agreed. Given two games do this on only the first left ramp shot of the game I kinda think it’s software. Can anyone else confirm if their premium/LE does this on ball one first left ramp shot only(no lock lit)

It’s not a software issue. My LE didn’t do this once on 1.02

#13215 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Never happened on my premium

#13216 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My thought process with the topper was a)get one while they actually still have them in stock, b)they ain’t gettin any cheaper, c)if it’s sort of ‘meh’ then I can always resell it separate from the game

#13217 2 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The topper is the least impressive of the Stern toppers and doesn't interact with the game much at all but you should get one anyway and we miss you in the upvote thread.

#13218 2 years ago

Fed ex just call and they received my stranger things at the terminal. I setup for delivery tomorrow! Big shout out to ZMeny for shipping it so quick. We didn’t know if I could get it by our New Years party but it looks like we will!

#13219 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

Fed ex just call and they received my stranger things at the terminal. I setup for delivery tomorrow! Big shout out to ZMeny for shipping it so quick. We didn’t know if I could get it by our New Years party but it looks like we will!

Woo Hoo! Congratulations and happy flipping!!

#13220 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s not a software issue. My LE didn’t do this once on 1.02

Lol arghhh. I swear I'm not seeing things! I'll see if I can video it today.

I've done switch tests and opto tests today on start of ball 1. I got nothing erratic in those departments and all checks out. What else would cause this same behavior on two separate games if it's electrical or mechanical?

#13221 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Lol arghhh. I swear I'm not seeing things! I'll see if I can video it today.

The arm isn’t adjusted right I bet and the ball it hitting it even when it’s not activated.

So you’re saying that 100% of the time, ball 1, the arm engages on the first ramp shot with no locks lit? That makes no sense. Not sure what the issue could be. Glass off test it.

So when you tested the optos. The one that’s on the middle of the left ramp, that tells the diverter arm to engage. Start a game. Run the ball past that opto. Does the diverter arm engage?

#13222 2 years ago

Mine does lock once in a while near the beginning of the game with no lock light, and the wall just releases it after a second or two. Only happens once in a while, but it always seemed to me it was just because when the machine is cold, those first few balls up that ramp go so fast they almost fly out, and probably grab a little air going around the corner and then hit the wall. Why the magnet is active, though, would seem to be software. I haven't noticed it (yet) on 1.05 so I can't say whether it's changed since I updated. This is one of the reasons why I was thinking of moving the cover to the right a little and turning the right flipper power up some if needed. The only reason I haven't tried that yet is that the ball locks so reliably (95-100%, but hard to be sure when factoring in a ball that might not actually "deserve" to hit the wall, so I don't want to "fix it until it's broke".

#13223 2 years ago

The magnet is static. It always sits against the back wall. It’s not powered. You can put the ball on there with the game off.

Then the game has two coils that works to pull the magnet off the wall to release the balls when needed.

#13224 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The magnet is static. It always sits against the back wall. It’s not powered. You can put the ball on there with the game off.
Then the game has two coils that works to pull the magnet off the wall to release the balls when needed.

ahh ok that makes sense. my best guess is that the ball gets a little air near the beginning when the machine is cold. only happens occasionally. could be an opto issue, but seems less likely since it only does it when it's stone cold. I'll have the glass off today after my UV kit arrives . I'll test mine to see if the diverter engages.

Vitty - are you saying this happens reliably 100%? or just more often when it's cold?

#13225 2 years ago

Ok whew. I texted him and he said they’re on the way and regardless of when they ship I’m paying the original price so I’m squared away there at least. Waiting is the worst part! This will be my first pin and NIB pin so I can’t wait.

#13226 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The topper is the least impressive of the Stern toppers

Nah - it’s cooler than DP, JP and AIQ in my opinion.

#13227 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Can confirm, and I have a DP topper.

#13228 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Can confirm, and I have a DP topper.

Hah - same. Luckily I have the Tilt topper on my JP. My AIQ remains topperless as I can’t bring myself to pony up $700 for that one.

#13229 2 years ago

To each his own but I think the topper is Bad Ass in person

#13230 2 years ago
Quoted from SLRage:

To each his own but I think the topper is Bad Ass in person

I would say GB , STh and BK toppers are Sterns best imo.

#13231 2 years ago

Stern makes like one good topper and it’s BKSOR.

#13232 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Stern makes like one good topper and it’s BKSOR.

R2D2 topper is pretty cool IMHO

#13233 2 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

R2D2 topper is pretty cool IMHO

I never even notice it’s up there. The integration of the Bk one sets it apart. It actually makes the game better. The rest are just there.

#13234 2 years ago
Quoted from Flash71:

I would say GB , STh and BK toppers are Sterns best imo.

GB topper…?!?

A426A5F0-5B10-4D4E-9FCD-8AE5386E92D6 (resized).jpegA426A5F0-5B10-4D4E-9FCD-8AE5386E92D6 (resized).jpeg
#13235 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I never even notice it’s up there. The integration of the Bk one sets it apart. It actually makes the game better. The rest are just there.

Agree, I’m playing BKSOR at a local bar & grill right now. Topper is the Jerry Maguire You Complete Me for this game.

#13236 2 years ago
Quoted from MasterBlaster:

Agree, I’m playing BKSOR at a local bar & grill right now. Topper is the Jerry Maguire You Complete Me for this game.

There’s a ton of callouts added to the game too. Only having the topper unlocks them.

#13237 2 years ago

I got my kit today I’m just waiting on my pin now. How long does the uv kit take to install?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#13238 2 years ago

If u have the right tools ready.. maybe an hour... greatest upgrade EVER!

#13239 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

If u have the right tools ready.. maybe an hour... greatest upgrade EVER!

I have a ton of tools so assume I should be good there. I have the shooter rod, art blades and shaker coming with the pin but I want to get it all installed before I play it. It will take a lot of patience!

#13240 2 years ago

Lol.. yes it will.. but so worth it.

#13241 2 years ago

Do u have pinshields? For putting in the art blades?

#13242 2 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Do u have pinshields? For putting in the art blades?

Yep, sure do. Messed up my lotr ones so bought pinshields about 3 years ago

#13243 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I got my kit today I’m just waiting on my pin now. How long does the uv kit take to install?
[quoted image]

Zach from FlipNout has a video on you tube shows how to install it. What it before you get your pin.

#13244 2 years ago
Quoted from TommyMc:

Zach from FlipNout has a video on you tube shows how to install it. What it before you get your pin.

Ok, Ill do that now. Thanks!

#13245 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Well...you've got me on DP and AIQ since I don't have them. And I can see your point about JP...but at least it does something with the game play (and up until recently unlocked that extra mode). The ST topper is only interesting to me during attract mode. Then it's just blah.

#13246 2 years ago

anyone have or know where I can purchase a premium translite?

#13247 2 years ago

I always pull the playfield out and lay it next to the cabinet, that way I install the art blades perfect.

#13248 2 years ago
Quoted from palacekeeper:

ahh ok that makes sense. my best guess is that the ball gets a little air near the beginning when the machine is cold. only happens occasionally. could be an opto issue, but seems less likely since it only does it when it's stone cold. I'll have the glass off today after my UV kit arrives . I'll test mine to see if the diverter engages.
Vitty - are you saying this happens reliably 100%? or just more often when it's cold?

You were correct in your assertion that the ball was flying up and tripping the magnet optos. The arm is not firing but the ball is catching air and then the magnet releases. Good one!!

My machine is just cleaned and waxed so it’s super fast at the moment. 6.8 degrees pitch and has the TK lock updated ramp plastic installed.

For now I’ll try turning the flipper power down just a tad until the fresh wax isn’t so fast anymore.

Thanks all!

#13249 2 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

[quoted image]

#13250 2 years ago

FYI…PinballLife website shows Prem/LE UV kits in stock.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vaughan, ON
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,418 posts in this topic. You are on page 265 of 449.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/265?hl=palacekeeper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.