IMG_3761 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3762 (resized).png
20240410_201325.jpg
abba tk lock (resized).jpg
IMG_3111 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3109 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3108 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

41 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 448.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Kenwood KFC-1366S

What’s the timeline on your le speaker kit with 5 1/2” brackets?

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Congrats on your LE. How does it relate to the PRO version?

Feels and shoots ten times better. Not sure what it is, but just feels better. Once i get the lock shot dialed in, it will be really great.

The projector is cool too. Adds more to the game than people realize. The moving demogorgon is a nice touch too.

#1203 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Best quote in this thread. How did you do it??

After having a pinball machine at our beach house I took my son on an "adventure" and purchased my own machine. He was hooked right away as he helped me fix a few things on the machine and he likes to tinker. The rest of my family got the bug after a trip to Helicon Brewery in Pittsburgh. They have a lot of JJP, AP, CG, and Stern Premium machines. All of those cool games in one place got them hooked! We visit Helicon once a month now. A trip to Helicon is why I purchased a Stranger Things. We were there last week and my wife and son played it for 2 hours. I knew it was a machine for the family. It's no JP but it checks all the boxes for family fun!

#1204 4 years ago
Quoted from C0untDeM0net:

I have not heard back yet. I also updated them that I was able to recreate the mystery shot qualifying the demogorgon drop target completion/start mode. I am still waiting to hear back. Sounds like this could all be a code issue tho so keeping my fingers crossed it's a bug and not a hardware issue.

Stern is still looking into the issue. They think it's the opto but said they would get back to me after they look into it more.

#1205 4 years ago

The powdercoat color on the LE is GORGEOUS. Pictures do not do it justice.

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The powdercoat color on the LE is GORGEOUS. Pictures do not do it justice.

Yeah it looks brown in photos. Haha. Would’ve been cool to have some flake to it, but I like it too. It doesn’t stand out a ton, just looks subtle and nice in person.

#1207 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah it looks brown in photos. Haha. Would’ve been cool to have some flake to it, but I like it too. It doesn’t stand out a ton, just looks subtle and nice in person.

I can add large metal flakes to it if you’re feeling frisky

#1208 4 years ago

Haha. I’m good. Thanks though. I can’t stop playing my games long enough to do powder coating.

#1209 4 years ago

So I have had some problems with hitting the demo just like many others. I did not have the problem at first, but after a while it became more and more difficult and I tried different flipper settings and leveling the game and so on but I could not get any consistent results.
Today I put some mylar under the inner right orbit, where the ball drops when missing the demo, just right of the figure. So I was looking at the figure and thought if I could adjust it some how. I tried to move it around a bit to see how it was assembled and thought if it was tilted a bit more forward then maybe that made it a easier shot.

So then I tried a game with the glass off and triggered the demo, with one hand I held it forward and with the other I flipped the ball and it was really easy to hit. Tried that a few more times and it works, very easy to get the shot that way. Not tilted a lot but just enough to make it.

I'll try to take it apart and some how shim it so it tilts just a few millimeters forward, I think it could make the shot a lot easier.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So I have had some problems with hitting the demo just like many others. I did not have the problem at first, but after a while it became more and more difficult and I tried different flipper settings and leveling the game and so on but I could not get any consistent results.
Today I put some mylar under the inner right orbit, where the ball drops when missing the demo, just right of the figure. So I was looking at the figure and thought if I could adjust it some how. I tried to move it around a bit to see how it was assembled and thought if it was tilted a bit more forward then maybe that made it a easier shot.
So then I tried a game with the glass off and triggered the demo, with one hand I held it forward and with the other I flipped the ball and it was really easy to hit. Tried that a few more times and it works, very easy to get the shot that way. Not tilted a lot but just enough to make it.
I'll try to take it apart and some how shim it so it tilts just a few millimeters forward, I think it could make the shot a lot easier.

This is my thought as well. I think the mech really needs a spring to forcefully push the demo forward. I have not had a chance to take it apart yet to see the best way to do that but I am planning to give it a try. Until they fix the issue in code or I find a mechanical way to fix it I have given up shooting for it completely. Kinda sucks that I'm ignoring the main toy in the game but that's where we are at. Not a huge deal cause I believe the main wizard mode isn't even coded yet.

LE's probably don't have this issue because the mech is controlled

#1211 4 years ago

LE's probably don't have this issue because the mech is controlled

I beg to differ. Haha. The mech simply has a tail on it that is hit with an up post to make it shake. Think chime box.

#1212 4 years ago

So to test my theory further I just put an elastic band behind the figure. That did the trick and the shot got really easy but then I found that the ball will get stuck under the right side. I adjusted the tension so the ball would not stuck easily and it worked great.
Theoretically it can still sit right on the tip of the demo "leaf" so I will see if that gets to be a problem.

I will leave it like this for a while to see how it plays. This is a really easy thing to try and not really making any mechanical changes to the game.

20200204_223237 (resized).jpg20200204_223237 (resized).jpg20200204_223350 (resized).jpg20200204_223350 (resized).jpg
#1213 4 years ago
Quoted from mpnox:

So to test my theory further I just put an elastic band behind the figure. That did the trick and the shot got really easy but then I found that the ball will get stuck under the right side. I adjusted the tension so the ball would not stuck easily and it worked great.
Theoretically it can still sit right on the tip of the demo "leaf" so I will see if that gets to be a problem.
I will leave it like this for a while to see how it plays. This is a really easy thing to try and not really making any mechanical changes to the game.[quoted image][quoted image]

Certainly on the right track. This is the same effect the wire slack trick can give, but better. I was thinking of putting a rubber under the demos rear end to force him forward but still allow for flex when hitting him. There is a piece of metal I can see but its very hard to get your hand in there to shim it. Figure I will mess with it this weekend for a more consistent fix, but for now its working fine.

#1214 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Certainly on the right track. This is the same effect the wire slack trick can give, but better. I was thinking of putting a rubber under the demos rear end to force him forward but still allow for flex when hitting him. There is a piece of metal I can see but its very hard to get your hand in there to shim it. Figure I will mess with it this weekend for a more consistent fix, but for now its working fine.

I was thinking the same thing, I would rather not take the mech apart and often the simplest solutions are the best. It hast to be just right, too much forward and the ball will get stuck so some soft rubber under the backside may be an easier way to get it exactly right.

#1215 4 years ago

This is awesome, a rubber band being used to correct a design problem in a $6-9K pinball machine.

#1216 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

This is awesome, a rubber band being used to correct a design problem in a $6-9K pinball machine.

You just cant help yourself, can you?

#1217 4 years ago

Love the game. Been playing the LE lots today now that it is set up. No problems hitting demogorgen. This LE is amazing looking and the machine is a lot of fun to shoot. Very engaging.

#1218 4 years ago

We’ve had our pro here in London for a few weeks now. Have spent a fair bit of time tweeking the demo shot and have found the sweet spot - pitch at 6.7, right flipper power at 245 and left flipper at 250. Easily makeable now shooting on the fly or from a trap. L/R level has to be spot on too. Hope this helps anyone struggling to dial it in

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You just cant help yourself, can you?

lol, its tough trust me

#1220 4 years ago

I can't get a ball to make the telekenesis lock except maybe once every 20 tries. Doesn't matter how perfectly I lined it up and how hard I hit it. I wonder if I need to increase the right flipper power maybe. The ball just never gets up the lock diverter to where the magnet is. It loses all momentum the second it hits the diverter, gets halfway up, and just drops back down the ramp. My pin is set to 6.8 degree pitch.

#1221 4 years ago

Same here. I haven’t heard back from stern but I sent them a video close up of the diverter consistently missing. Hopefully they can help. I have one other idea I’m going to try. I’ll report back with my findings.

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Same here. I haven’t heard back from stern but I sent them a video close up of the diverter consistently missing. Hopefully they can help. I have one other idea I’m going to try. I’ll report back with my findings.

Thanks keep us posted for sure!

#1223 4 years ago

Changing pitch to 6.4 made it a bit more successful on the TK lock. 1 out of 4 tries.

#1224 4 years ago

My family is looking forward to Stranger things because they love the show and can relate to the theme

I have no other pins that my kids can relate to other than Nbafb and they like that one

It’s nice to get a game that other people besides myself will enjoy. Super Chexx fits that purpose but it ain’t pinball

#1225 4 years ago

This might be one of my dumber questions. How hard is it to remove the out lane post so I can make the gap smaller?

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

This might be one of my dumber questions. How hard is it to remove the out lane post so I can make the gap smaller?

You need to lift the play field and remove a nut on each one. Then you need a deep well socket on the top. It’s so tight you need to do this as to not chip anything. Pull the rubber off first obviously. Also, take the 3 screws out of the right ramp and carefully set it to the side. You won’t get to the right one if not.

#1227 4 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You need to lift the play field and remove a nut on each one. Then you need a deep well socket on the top. It’s so tight you need to do this as to not chip anything. Pull the rubber off first obviously. Also, take the 3 screws out of the right ramp and carefully set it to the side. You won’t get to the right one if not.

Perfect. Thanks!

#1228 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Thanks keep us posted for sure!

Just checked. My idea is a no go. Hopefully stern replies to me soon.

#1229 4 years ago

Busy week for me. First STHLE and Thursday I get MMr SE

01257651-9CE6-4191-BEDF-EEDD6C06E1E4 (resized).jpeg01257651-9CE6-4191-BEDF-EEDD6C06E1E4 (resized).jpeg622B356C-7CC5-4C39-A2A8-74DA07F78C9D (resized).jpeg622B356C-7CC5-4C39-A2A8-74DA07F78C9D (resized).jpeg
#1230 4 years ago

For those that might care this appears to be the projector used in the premium and le machines. Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.aliexpress.com/item/32855408818.html

Wonder if the wireless projection a still turned on lol

https://fccid.io/2AF6A-S6000/User-Manual/User-manual-2974225

#1231 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Busy week for me. First STHLE and Thursday I get MMr SE[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice collection

#1232 4 years ago

For those that might care this appears to be the projector used in the premium and le machines. Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf

We need to look into an upgrade

#1233 4 years ago

Should be pretty simple to replace if it goes since it's off the shelf

That was the saddest set of specs. Someone needs to figure out how to upgrade it and custom cut the decals in a darker canvas.

#1234 4 years ago

Damn, 854x480 resolution?

Your buddy comes over and says "damn dude, you paid $9 grand for that, I bet that thing probably has 4K"

Your response "nah, dawg. 1/2 K"

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Busy week for me. First STHLE and Thursday I get MMr SE[quoted image][quoted image]

What? No wonka?

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Quoted from kpg:

Damn, 854x480 resolution?
Your buddy comes over and says "damn dude, you paid $9 grand for that, I bet that thing probably has 4K"
Your response "nah, dawg. 1/2 K"

Everyone here gets it. You are not impressed, this however is the owners thread, the shit talking thread is the other one. Take this crap over there.

#1237 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Everyone here gets it. You are not impressed, this however is the owners thread, the shit talking thread is the other one. Take this crap over there.

. he is a le owner....or will be soon

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yeah, dude I have one on the way.

Settle down man, damn. Lighten up and take a joke

#1239 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ah last I read you had canceled your order. I’m just burnt on people shit talking everything about everything. I feel like people shit talk more then actually playing anymore.

#1240 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Ah last I read you had canceled your order. I’m just burnt on people shit talking everything about everything. I feel like people shit talk more then actually playing anymore.

I'm with you man seams no one is ever happy with anything. We all sld just be grateful we have new choices to pick from. If you don't like then don't buy no one is forcing you.. no need to keep dumping on a pin over and over and over in every thread.. we heard it the first time. There is a group of 10-20 people on here who all follow one another and a certain Podcaster. So annoying...

#1241 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yeah I agree dude. I'm just messing around though. It's just pinball and it's fun and if I was to talk crap on something I'd have a serious tone. Now if my left ramp keeps rejecting balls and that's the design itself I'm going to be pissed lol

#1242 4 years ago

I got my LE tonight. The box looked good.

I think it must have left the factory this way. Not sure with how it was packed that this could happen in shipping. Who knows...

The metal bracket on the shooter assembly was broken in pieces, and it must have been pushed in and bent the auto plunger assembly.

Does anyone know if the auto plunger assembly is a standard part on most Stern games? Thinking about swapping it out with another game I'm not playing as much until a replacement can come in.
3BD717EC-68DE-4E7E-A4C8-E5E7FEB25780 (resized).jpeg3BD717EC-68DE-4E7E-A4C8-E5E7FEB25780 (resized).jpeg49686C19-4AB6-42A6-A2DD-6506A65FA894 (resized).jpeg49686C19-4AB6-42A6-A2DD-6506A65FA894 (resized).jpeg653FF6F8-DEFC-43BB-84E3-0C514D90E488 (resized).jpeg653FF6F8-DEFC-43BB-84E3-0C514D90E488 (resized).jpeg75FECF9F-08CE-462A-900B-1EF2AF5DF14C (resized).jpeg75FECF9F-08CE-462A-900B-1EF2AF5DF14C (resized).jpeg7BA67B56-BDF1-4EA8-8AA6-D80684F69E19 (resized).jpeg7BA67B56-BDF1-4EA8-8AA6-D80684F69E19 (resized).jpegDB289B40-432C-4052-A51B-4AD36F419DD4 (resized).jpegDB289B40-432C-4052-A51B-4AD36F419DD4 (resized).jpegA0817802-9ECF-4F24-BA58-2970A25484C1 (resized).jpegA0817802-9ECF-4F24-BA58-2970A25484C1 (resized).jpegA97667AA-2489-4F6F-93B7-CB18B45D0172 (resized).jpegA97667AA-2489-4F6F-93B7-CB18B45D0172 (resized).jpegF88D959D-F164-4E3A-B045-6B03E899102A (resized).jpegF88D959D-F164-4E3A-B045-6B03E899102A (resized).jpegFAB9FD4A-2645-4B04-9A98-D6DF6B61036E (resized).jpegFAB9FD4A-2645-4B04-9A98-D6DF6B61036E (resized).jpeg

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

I think it must have left the factory this way. Not sure with how it was packed that this could happen in shipping. Who knows...
The metal bracket on the shooter assembly was broken in pieces, and it must have been pushed in and bent the auto plunger assembly.
Does anyone know if the auto plunger assembly is a standard part on most Stern games? Thinking about swapping it out with another game I'm not playing as much until a replacement can come in.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

First I've seen that happen to plunger housing. You sld be able to bend that auto plunger back into shape... I bend them.all the time so they line up better..

#1244 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from bigd1979:

First I've seen that happen to plunger housing. You sld be able to bend that auto plunger back into shape... I bend them.all the time so they line up better..

Or at least bend it well enough to work till a new one is sent...but If you wanna take it off another pin I'd bet its same as any of the others.

#1245 4 years ago

No point in replacing the auto launch assembly with another one in your house as you cannot launch balls with the button yet.

Hopefully stern send you our new parts ASAP.

#1246 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I'm with you man seams no one is ever happy with anything. We all sld just be grateful we have new choices to pick from. If you don't like then don't buy no one is forcing you.. no need to keep dumping on a pin over and over and over in every thread.. we heard it the first time. There is a group of 10-20 people on here who all follow one another and a certain Podcaster. So annoying...

There seriously needs to be a crackdown on trolling and negativity on pinside. It is the same offenders over and over. It has already driven nearly all those in the industry away, now it is driving good pinsiders away. I am unaware of any of these repeat offenders ever being moderated.

Pinside used to be a place to share ideas and the joy of pinball. Now it is a miserable place with 10-20 trolls constantly parroting Kaneda’s vitriol in every thread.

One of the biggest trolls in the Stranger Things threads is a pinside vendor. I can guarantee that I will never purchase another of his products. That’s his constant drum beat with regard to Sterns products.

#1247 4 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Is the auto launcher installed correct? This looks strange. Also, I think you can make the button launch with a change in the settings?

7A2D88CF-E1BF-4AE8-80D2-874735E959C2 (resized).jpeg7A2D88CF-E1BF-4AE8-80D2-874735E959C2 (resized).jpeg
#1248 4 years ago

This is how it should be assembled

85892919-93F9-4C68-A54E-79C498B19D10 (resized).png85892919-93F9-4C68-A54E-79C498B19D10 (resized).png
#1249 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Wow you have an LE on the way after all the criticism? I'm really curious why not just wait? Waiting will only save you money.

I can tell you the criticism of this game is way overboard. Yes code isn't great right now but sound effects, music, layout, appearance and even that center jump shot is just fun. This game definitely has the ability to turn into something much better.

#1250 4 years ago
Quoted from rs812:

There seriously needs to be a crackdown on trolling and negativity on pinside. It is the same offenders over and over. It has already driven nearly all those in the industry away, now it is driving good pinsiders away. I am unaware of any of these repeat offenders ever being moderated.
Pinside used to be a place to share ideas and the joy of pinball. Now it is a miserable place with 10-20 trolls constantly parroting Kaneda’s vitriol in every thread.
One of the biggest trolls in the Stranger Things threads is a pinside vendor. I can guarantee that I will never purchase another of his products. That’s his constant drum beat with regard to Sterns products.

The dumb-downing of society has reached it's peak here on Pinside. There are a small horde of overgrown opinionated spoiled babies that have nothing better to do than stir things up. The only way to silence them is to completely ignore their lopsided pessimistic attitude. These pathetic individuals are craving your unwavering steadfast attention which indicates their low self esteem. Be oblivious & just remember that misery loves company.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

There are 22,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 448.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/25?hl=greenhornet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.